NuDOOM

Does the total absence of mods and modding potential ruin whatever fun there is?

I'll happily play other FPSs if it's really that bad. Including the Doom 4 for Doom mod.

It was a pretty fun but ultimately disposable experience. I don't think anyone cares so there's no community to mod it. You could make a really good Quake 1 world with the existing assets though.

Taken on its own, it's actually a pretty fun game. The custom maps made by other people also increase the shelf life somewhat. But the old Doom is still better since even today, there is still a massive army of spergs creating content for it. Try Guncaster if you want to play a very autistic Doom mod, or Brutal Doom with Doom 2016 weapons for a closer-to-vanilla experience.

But that's false.

I didn't have fun playing it, and found it boring. I dropped it because it wasn't worth my time.

Snapmap is utterly terrible, even the Creationkit has more modding potential then Snapmap.

Jupiter-sized walls of texts aside, it suffered way too much from level design whose actual impact of how the combat plays out was minimal and thus by extent repetitive, shitty volume balancing/non-existent positional sound design which won't even let you tell by sound whether a monster is lurking behind you (or because the music is just that fucking loud), unnecessary upgrade shit, unnecessary first-person 'cutscenes', questionable weapon balancing, ammo management being non-existent because of the chainsaw which affects the weapon balance rather negatively, and just not doing enough to make game feel fresh enough.

It's a shit zenimax "shooter".

Be that as it may, it simply doesn't qualify as a total absence of modding potential.

lol

The game is very fun, the only reason the people on Holla Forums claim it isn't is because they're too depressed to enjoy any form of media. It's kinda easy on standard difficulty though so I'd recommend cranking that up.

kys famalam

Nevertheless one of the facets of OS Doom play is crowd control and handling 50 monsters at once within an area in the level. The fact that nuDoom can only do this in a very limited scale in cramped spaces says a lot about it's failure to live up to the originals.

EVERY NUDOOM THREAD DESERVES TO BE MADE OFFTOPIC WITH
TIMESPLITTERS

Oh boy! Time for some normalfag opinions.

Those are maps not mods.

Arcade mode is fun. The game isn't totally shit. But Snapmap and the lack of true mod support absolutely ruin whatever potential it had to be great

But that's because 2016's models have more asset use while OS doom is still using sprites and you wouldn't be able to do that on release on any computer.

Maybe in 15-20 years you can play nudoom with 10000000 revenants in a room

It's not a matter of PCs being unable to handle a zillion monsters, but Zenimax setting the wrong priorities when it came to graphical fidelity and gameplay. They could have made things more challenging and get creative with the level design if they could render larger spaces and more shit on screen at a time, but don't forget that consolefriends had to have their slice of the cake too.

It's not even a matter of needing to have as much enemies on screen as possible, but SnapMap presents way too many limitations for enthusiasts to really unleash their creativity and make better content than the base game, as there's only so much you can do with rearranging prefab rooms and an active monster limit of 12 with a total maximum of 64 demons in a map. I'm sure the base game had more active enemies at a time than SnapMap allows.

Fuck off Bethesdrone.

I'm going to assume you're pretending to believe this.

Did you not watch the whole video? I'd understand 100 or even 50, but it's
==12 fucking demons at a time.==.

That's absurdly small for doom. Every level of the original DOOM has more active enemies at a time than that.

Fucking stray period!

Aww, how cute, shitty excuses to defend your pathetic game.

pls no bully

Kill yourself immediately.

NuDoom is the first Doom game I didn't complete. Not even Doom 3, which greatly overstayed its welcome, managed the same. I just can't wrap my head around locking 90% of the monsters in arena events. Why can't you just give me some assholes to shoot while I explore, organically?

And I would have fixed this on day one, if I had the mod tools to edit the vanilla levels… but you cannot. Fuck them.

It's a really fun game. The AI and animation are outstanding. While the guns don't sound very powerful, the gunplay physics itself is perfect. Every encounter feels meaningful more than it is in old Doom due to these improvements. I like the gun customization too. There are idiotically implemented shits that hindered it greatly though, such as bad level design, unskipable cutscenes and tutorials, and collectible upgrades. It's two steps forward and two steps back. Still better than Doom 3 in most aspects though, not a particularly remarkable achievement since Doom 3 was so fucking boring.

Never post Alice again. She doesn't deserve to be in such shitty posts.

I actually don't have a lot of Alice so don't worry.

Last time I checked, the Brutal Doom creator was banned from the Doomworld forums because the SJW mods didn't like he's alt-right. Let me guess, you're one of those users who report anyone saying nigger and kys.

To be fair, the enemy AI is suited for low number encounters. I understand that the texture is more complex, but they should've made better use of object prefetching.

Fuck Brutal DOOM for ruining the mod community in the worst way possible.

Yeah, walking around empty levels is the worst thing in nuDoom. They tried to avoid that cramped Doom 3 level design, but ended up making stupider shit.

Brutal Doom got the gunplay and gore right, but I agree that the pacing should be a bit more tame like the OG Doom.

pls kill yourself

I went and checked again, specifically Sargeant Mark IV was banned from Doomworld for telling someone to kys. After months of struggling with SJW users who were after him for throwing around nigger and nazi jokes.

That had him banned. I don't care about post facto rationalizations that the most successfull Doom modder of the past 10 years is… problematic. What matters is that your shitty community is run by SJWs who ban for political affiliation. You're in the wrong neighborhood to play pretend, comrade.

go back to /r/gaming

And I even liked the exploration part. But it was like exploring a game in dev mode, with monsters removed. The split the game in two: the Nu and the Doom.

Stop strawmanning.

I absolutely love many aspects of this game, but abhor the rest. It got me thinking, what other classic/arena FPS games have great animations like nuDoom? The only games that came to my mind are Soldier of Fortune and Turok 2. Animations in other games such as Quake are janky, limited, and unresponsive.

Strawmanning is implying brutal doom had any influence on doom 4 which plays completely differently and Holla Forums refuses to play for themselves to find out what the game is even like. Instead regurgitating memes about how they think it plays based on ancient footage and tertiary criticisms of elements about the game.

Fuck your SJW deflection. Doomworld and its users are after Brutal Doom because muh ebil nahtzees.

Go stroke your microdick with your peers, we don't want the fifth column in here.

What the fuck? Are you just pretending to be a Holla Forumsack?

I never even mentioned Doomworld. Fuck off Holla Forums. Go LARP as a Holla Forumsack somewhere else.

No idea, but no game has really been able to topple bf3 on animation quality, even the newer battlefields. Which is a shame, because it could've been the best game in history since they got everything right EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING GAMEPLAY WHICH IS RAW, UNFILTERED TRASH IN EVERY SINGLE ASPECT, A DIRECT DOWNGRADE FROM PREVIOUS GAMES IN EVERY SINGLE ASPECT WITHOUT A FUCKING FAILURE AND THE FUCKING DABBA DEE DABBA DAA DABBA DEE DABBA DAA FILTER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hello fellow hatechanners, I would like to remind you that Doomworld banned Brutal Doom discussion not because its creator is a filthy nazi who told one of us to kys, but because the gameplay is so bad. Stop being problematic and remember, I'm one of you.

The problem with you Doomworld faggots, is that you've been sitting comfortably in your general no one cares about. So you started to feel like at home. When the same shit you have at home, doesn't fly here.

Feel free to kill yourself nigger. Can't ban people for saying this here, uh?

This confuses me more than anything. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Like pottery. When lampshaded, the SJW feigns ignorance or confusion.

Are you alright?
It's okay, you can tell us.

Keep pretending, I'll keep shitting on your socjus infested forum whenever you drag your ass out of your general.

Don't you mean poetry?

Newfag

Calm the fuck down and check out this waifu I made.

Fuck off newfriend.

Doom 4 was the best FPS I've played in the last few years. It was also short enough to not overstay it's welcome and become repetitive.

The only really I really don't care for Brutal Doom that much is that it's a breeze.
Play Project Brutality instead.

This song is great!

Stop spouting buzzwords and substantiate your claims, you fucks.
But yes, the lack of modding and general replayability is a big strike against the game. The only way I could recommend the game is if it were for $15 on a bargain bin or other sale.

Someone hasn't played DMC4's Legendary Dark Knight mode. There is no excuse for DooT's pathetic enemy limit that doesn't make the devs look incompetent or show them having the wrong priorities - squeezing out a little extra graphical fidelity over gameplay is not an adequate defense, but an admission of being more focused on marketing your game than it's actual quality.

You'd think shills would at least know proper English.

user burgers are just mastery meat and Anglo's are spiritually Jewish. Its a damn shame we don't all use a superior language but unfortunately th Axis powers lost the war.

I think Holla Forums had a hateboner for it because it was new.

I actually had fun playing nuDoom but the soundtrack is so unbelievably bad that it ruined a lot of the experience for me.

Kill yourselves Bethniggers

The only goof thing about NuDoo. Niggers is that they aren't TNO niggers.
Can't believe I actually defended that piece of shit once.

Get the fuck out of here Todd.
We get it, you like having Altman's dick up you're ass.

Lol this game has already been forgotten.

nuDoom is the best first person shooter released in the last 5 years. I know that's not saying much and it's the weakest entry in the Doom series, but it's still a decent enough game.

I can already play Serious Sam

Even a PS2 with a bunch of tradeoffs could render thousands of 3d moving characters

Every encounter feels the same since virtually any enemy can travel freely from point A to B, therefore most of the game consists of player running in circles trying to avoid imps and other enemies chasing you

Fuckoff Todd

nuDoom is not nearly as bad as Holla Forums makes it out to be.
Probably the first good thing to come out of Bethesda in the past 10 years, feels bad that it has to be treated this way exclusively because of the sheer disgust that people on here prove for them.

Hi Peter Hines/Todd Howard , just a reminder that Shadow Warrior 2, a game made by a bunch of Poles in a basement with around 2 Mil, was better than your shitty consolized Painkiller clone that took several Millions to make and shill.

It's such a good game because everything else Bethesda has released is shit xD

nuDoom is nothing compared to the first two. Fuck off Todd.

Shadow Warrior 2 is just Borderlands with a different coat of paint. Are you for real user?
Most enemies are just bullet sponges, how is it a good FPS?

It really isn't. It's actually quite good. Not groundbreaking on any level, sure, but it's really solid

I mean I know nobody here will ever admit it, but it would be fun to have a discussion about it without people just coming out of the woodworks and calling shill everyone that dares disagreeing.

user please. I made it pretty clear that it's not saying much. The problem is that everything else is shit. Think of it as "less shitty" instead of best if you will.

Gee, no shit user, tell me more

So you've never played it?
We had a fucking cyclical discussing just how shit it was.
And I still have the caps
Kill yourself shill and shoe your teleporting 3 enemies up your ass.

Tribes Ascend was released in 2012 and even good Mil Sims are better than NuDoom
Fuckoff Todd

So basically you admit to like eating shit. Alright.

I have. Not for more than one hour because it was really really bad.

Also as far as I remember we had hundreds of threads saying how much of a disappointment it was, with one person saying one thing and everybody just repeating it over and over to other people as if it were proof that it was shit.
You know, like every single other game that is ever released is talked about here.

No idea why you're getting so heated up about me shitting on Shadow Warrior, are you one of the devs?
It's okay if you don't want to play nuDoom, I'm not mad about it.

Just because something isn't the best thing ever made in the history of everything doesn't mean that it's automatically shit.

That's where you are wrong.

Must be really hard to like things with that mentality

If you've only played it for one hour you wouldnt have encountered bulletsponge enemies, ive played it for a lot longer and I only had a few encounters with bulletsponge enemies. The game isnt that great but its certainly better than nudoom

Just because something isn't the worst thing ever made in the history of everything doesn't mean that it's automatically not shit.

I remember niggers shilling NuDoom and spewing out baseless SJW accusations whike posting Reddit tier Ecelebs that cocksucked NuDoom.

I'm sure you're one of them
I played Nudoom for 7 when the crack was avaiable after playing the 2 hour demo.
Kill yourself nigger

NuDoom is mediocre shit because its mediocre shit.
Not because is not the OG

Passive agressive fuckery are the common demeanor of Bethesd paid shills.

One hour gets you pretty far, it's a very repetitive game.
Shadow Warrior 2 just wasn't what I was looking for. I wanted a linear, well designed single player FPS. What I got was a co-op based FPS that was anything but linear. I just don't care for that at all. Enemies and weapons just made it worse.

Wow I wish I had ANY idea what the fuck this meant.

Maybe when you're less angry about people disliking your game we can have a proper discussion, I'd tone down the chan buzzwords, you're not fitting in just because you use them.

Feel free to explain why you dislike nuDoom any time you want, maybe we can talk about it

Shadow Warrior 2 is garbage too. Thank you.

Yea shadow warrior 2 tried some sort of semi open world shit and its perfectly understandable if you didnt like it. The loot system wasnt really fleshed out that well either, didnt have a problem with the enemies though

I'm pretty sure finishing two borderline games completely ruined my enjoyment regarding any FPS that gives health bars to enemies, might be more psychological than anything

Then why did you play NuDoom?
Its a shitty easy boring point and click until you get to the locked on Arena shooting which is just as boring.
Did you enjoy the One click fatalities as well?
And the 3 use Chainsaw Pinata?
Eat shit
But of course
>>>/cuckchan/ and don't come back

borderlands*
had a brain fart

I played it because it looked exactly like what I wanted, unless you play in the lowest difficulty it's challenging, especially in the later levels. Executions were weird, but design-wise they force you to get closer to enemies to do them, which means you actually have to get in the middle of combat and put yourself in danger to get ammo and health. You risk to get a reward.

It's certainly different from what I was expecting, but it was interesting to see how the formula could be changed around.
The only thing that was really bad was the upgrade tree, that was kind of unforgivable.

nuD00d could have been saved by modding. The main thing that fucks it up are the finishers. The Painkiller-style arena spawns weren't Doomlike but were tolerable.

The multiplayer though is a total disaster and nothing short of removing it entirely could help it.

Greentexting isn't arguing user

>Greentext isn't an argument

What's your argument?
You just quoted what I said, ignored all of it and said that all the weapons in the game are shit

How can you expect people to discuss with you? I honestly have a hard time understanding if you're just fucking with me, if you're doing some kind of reverse-proto-bait or if you legitimately believe what you're writing makes any sense.

Good reading comprehension lad
Do you also think the upgraded shotgun is good for midrange because compared to shit like Cowadoody or Halo, its has better range?

You mean saying that everything is shit but the gauss gun? Oh I did get it, it just doesn't mean anything.

What does CoD or Halo have to do with the shotgun being good or bad? What is going on

I should have known

No

You can't call a game which constantly goes against its own core gameplay and formula 'solid', notwithstanding several core design choices which completely contradict the way the developers envisioned and advertised the game.

Assuming that nuDoom is all about RIP 'N TEAR and going fast, why are there unskippable first-person cutscenes which lock you in a room until people are done talking in a game about brutal aggression? What has an upgrades menu you'll have to constantly consult in order to get the most out of your weapons, suit, and other shit to do with going fast? Why is Glory Killing done through takedown animations rather than virtually any other method which doesn't take away control from the player? Are copious amounts of DEAD SPACE and doing virtually nothing but walk inbetween major encounters supposed to enhance the feeling of being a brutal badass? Are first-person platforming sections with barely any enemies inbetween part of the experience of brutalizing demons?

But I'd be able to forgive that if the level design was any good, but it isn't, or to put it in another way, the level design barely matters in terms of how the encounters play out. The fanciest layouts don't really matter when the enemies can't really take advantage of those layouts to begin with. The level design in OG Doom was the way it was because the enemies were slow dumb pieces of shit and were easy enough to fight on their own, so in order to keep things varied and challenging they've been placed in all kinds of devious formations and the level geometry plays a part in that.

Now you might be thinking that enemies can indeed jump on different platforms, Revenants can fly and Imps can climb on shit. But that simply doesn't matter, because aside from the Imps (whose movement is entirely random) and Mancubi (who present enough of a threat on their own but can barely move), the enemies can't predict where you are going and close off your movements, so you are free to do what amounts to essentially circlestrafing with the occasional jumping between platforming. And I don't need to tell you that being able to circlestrafe anything to death is easy and boring as Sin.
The problem is that the levels themselves can barely offer any challenge to the player because of how the enemies (don't) utilize the levels while the player can move around like an untouchable, while most attacks can also simply be avoided through circlestrafing. OG Doom didn't always give you the space to circlestrafe to begin with, but nuDoom never wants to restrict your movement or get tricky with traps. It's basically what made Descent 3 such fucking decline in comparison to Descent 1 + 2. Tight claustrophobic level design was changed for yuge open spaces and most encounters turned into constant circlestrafefests,

The thing is that nuDoom wouldn't work with OG Doom style levels (just play some of the hidden classic levels in nuDoom, the lack of enemies makes them piss-easy as shit), but nuDoom seems to go into more of an arena shooter/Quake-ish direction. The AI, while improved in comparison to OG Doom, simply isn't good enough to go the full length. To put it differently, the AI in Unreal Gold was often praised because most of the enemies would function as if they were multiplayer bots, and they were damn good as well. Enemies in Unreal would be able to dodge your shit, and they would be able to lead their shots as well (as did Descent 2, and as should any shooter where circlestrafing is a frequent possibility). While the enemies in nuDoom are capable of more, they're still uncoordinated and dumb as shit. Descent (2) is the most apt gameplay example of what nuDoom should've been like in essence. Enemy variety there still works in tandem with the level design, and the AI can make individual fights still challenging, as encounters are constantly changed up.
What nuDoom ends up with, is a mini-UT map for a combat encounter with enemies spawning in at waves and unnecessarily prolonging fights, none of the monster AI makes individual fights a challenge, the level layouts barely ever work in tandem with the enemies to form a challenge, and most of the challenge comes from enemy numbers and enemy types used.

Yet, the amount of active enemies at a time is much less compared to the original Doom for one, compositions of enemy types which are actually challenging to fight tend to be rather segmented because of wave-based spawning (first you fight the Imps n shit until they're all dead, and THEN only two or three Barons of Hell join the fight). The enemies are fast enough that enemy placement becomes a lesser aspect for level design, but they can't really utilize that speed in any meaningful way.

The encounters in this game are just fucking mundane. I'm not saying I never died to fireballs which shave off half of my healthbar (which is another issue with the game entirely, not the damage values mind you), but it's just mostly the same shit over and over and the game has absolutely no sense of pacing. The first chapters are dead fucking simple as it only gets somewhere near the end of the game, but by that point you're just tired of it all.

The big insult with the unskippable cutscenes is that they start out making fun of it. "lol I ain't got time for this shit, RIP 'N TEAR amirite".
And then they just do the exact thing they were mocking. Fucking retarded.

That is an understandable argument, but these cutscenes are incredibly sparse, on the total playtime they maybe make up 2% of the time spent in the game. It's a very small nitpick really.

Upgrade menus are shit, I completely agree with you there, there should've been at least a way to do New game + while keeping everything you had unlocked up until then.

Also I don't think glory killing could be done in any other way really, the fact that you're locked in is kind of why the risk/reward system exists. If you didn't have to risk to do a glory kill then it would be just shooting someone with a gun and then hovering over them to get the ammo they dropped, which is really shit.

I personally didn't feel like the few platforming exploration sections were that prominent to ruin the game completely for me, but I guess it's understandable if you don't like them. Although I have to make the argument that having action 100% of the time gets tiring. Having times where you can relax inbetween encounters makes fighting sweeter, this is true for pretty much any game.

For the level design, I don't know man. I can see the complaint of having just big arenas you move around, but those arenas work with the particular enemies in the game. Since now they have proper animations, pathfinding and ways of moving around the player is forced to be aware of his surroundings to actually defeat them.

While in Doom1 and 2 it was mostly about circling enemies because they weren't very smart, this time it's more about jumping around, trying to avoid enemies that now have a way to cut you off and making sure you know what is around you so that you don't fuck up. That's why there's arenas, and that's why a lot of them are vertically built.

its a 6/10 at best.
for optimal experience turn off glory kills, they slow down the pace and are op as fuck, gives you immunity and heals its broken
i pirated the game expecting call of duty with demons, so i was pleasantly surprised.

that being said, it way is way too short, shotgun is not good enough to be a DOOM shotgun, glory kills, forgettable soundtrack, and you hardly spend any time in Hell, the Hell levels of any DOOM are always my favorite and this game has like two ?

I have a feeling they did that just so reviewers who would probably only play the first hour or so could write about it.

Most likely.

I mean you talk about circlestrafing as if it were a bad thing when it was everything that you had to do in the old games.

Now this is an interesting argument to make. You are mostly right, nuDoom does give you far more freedom in movement.
But all of this is denied to you when you have to get close to the enemies to get health or ammo, which basically means that you are forced to stop moving and jumping around, getting right into the middle of the fight, and kill something to keep going.
Is it better? That's a completely different point entirely. But it's fresh, and instead of just rehashing the old mechanics they actually tried to change it around. I can appreciate that.

I personally don't feel like the enemy limit is that restricting also, very rarely the original Doom went above the same limit, same goes for here. It's an almost unnoticeable change. I can see why it would make sense that people complaiend about it as the first thing they noticed, but while playing the game it's completely irrelevant.

Your points are sensible, and they aren't wrong. It just feels like you were expecting this to be as groundbreaking as the first Doom, and that's just not going to happen. Doom 1 and nuDoom as radically different games, connected only by aesthetic and name.
Let's not forget that the FPS genre died because it stagnated. Doom, Wolfenstein, Unreal, all died because they just kept doing the same exact thing over and over without ever changing it. This is a breath of fresh air.

Speaking of which, the game should really be easy because all you need to do is circlestrafe to avoid projectiles, right? Yeah no, because this isn't a FPS where the challenge immediately presents itself in your field of vision. For example, normally you enter a room, and you figure out in an instant how you should deal with it, aside from the occasional trap. Not so much in nuDoom, where because of the larger open levels enemies will also swarm you from all directions. This isn't a bad thing either, being able to test your situational awareness in a first-person game where your field of vision is limited is a great idea, and is pretty much what games like Devil Daggers have as their core concept. The thing is, getting backstabbed because of an enemy whose existence you never even registered in the first place isn't quite fun. So in order to prevent that, wise game developers design positional audio, meaning you're able to HEAR shit going on around you, and act accordingly. It's no longer bullshit if you can hear enemies about to strike you from behind, through sounds like footsteps, growls, and other noises.

But nuDoom doesn't do this.

The footsteps of enemies are inaudible, because of the average projectile speed on Nightmare you only hear attacks when they're about to hit you, and worst of all, the loud noisy music obscures your hearing. Whether you think the soundtrack fits the game is entirely subjective, but making it hard to hear what the fuck is going on around you is an actual fucking design flaw for a game where positional sound design is a must-have. Not to mention, the screaming of The Possessed is so fucking loud compared to everything else, and definitely not warranted for literal walking healthpacks. It's warranted for Lost Souls whose scream can be heard throughout the entire arena if they're about to fly into you, but Lost Souls are so underutilized in this game so who cares about them.

But that's pretty much how it works in practice already. Taking away control from the player, much less in a first-person game where you're getting shot at from all sides, shouldn't be the risk the player has to face for more health. I was under the impression that it was about staying close to your enemies that was the danger, but runes which increase Glory Kill speed and activation range nullify that risk almost entirely. Even so, I doubt that the removal of Glory Kills would really change up the way I play. The arenas are not THAT big to allow constant Serious Sam-like backstrafing, the range of my super shotgun only goes so far, and the splash damage of my rocket launcher isn't that much of a problem at closer ranges when combined with mid-air detonation. It's mostly there for scrubs to stop playing like bitches by hiding in a corner with a scoped HAR.

You're saying as if this was never the case. This is also rather badly executed if you consider my first point in this post.

No, read what I said, more than often levels in Doom 1 and 2 DIDN'T give you the space to allow circlestrafing, and circlestrafing won't protect you from zombie shotgunneer hitscan fire either.

I've yet to see enemies actually predicting my movement to block my path rather than simply charging at me. Not to mention, the vertical design of arenas doesn't matter when enemies can only play catch-up with me.

Again, this goes back to being forced to having the focus be on situational awareness. I don't think it's objectively bad, just different.

I have personally never had problems with the audio, but then again I have not played the game without using headphones so maybe it's that? Then again you are arguing about audio settings that you can tweak from the menu, so it seems like it would be pretty simple to fix.

Isn't that a good thing? Instead of constantly running back you actually have to know where you're going or where you're jumping. The arenas are big enough to navigate without restricting you, but small enough where you don't have to pull serious sam-like strategies (which I personally dislike).
The point is that you have to stop moving, go in for the kill, and then get out. That, combined with platforming and situational awareness makes for legitimately new gameplay that most FPS games don't have.

In the original Doom? Not really. The biggest thing you should've looked out for were exploding barrels, the rest was mostly just circlestrafing and making sure you didn't run into walls. If it was present it was minimal.

Apart from a very few select levels I cannot remember a moment where you could not just step back and shoot, block the enemies in a doorway, or circlestrafe. It's always one of these three options.

As if Zombie soldiers were ever a problem lol

The don't do that. It's kinda shit, yeah, but it also means that as long as you don't fuck up you'll do well.

Didn't really like the art design of some of the demons in nudoom. I wish it did have mod support to change them.

Also, just pause for a minute, and Imagine an HDoom version of this….

2.5D shooters rarely gave you enough space to effectively circlestrafe everything to death. It's mostly a meme that started with Painkiller and lived on through shit like Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior (2) which ditched tight level design in favor of arena-ish fights. At least in Serious Sam enemies were faster than you.

nuDoom is smooth enough to allow you to Glory Kill while on the move. The developers said it's like 'riding on a skateboard with a shotgun' as it's more than possible to just carve through enemy herds. With the disorganized way enemies move about, Glory Killing a lone one isn't too hard.

I was expecting something solid, or at the very least something that had a core concept and utilized in different ways, much like how puzzle elements are used in different ways using new and existing elements to form new challenges. Or at the very least something memorable enough like NecrovisioN and its over-the-top crazy shit, but nuDoom has next to no fucking character because of how seriously it takes itself when it really shouldn't have. It's only slightly better than modern drek like Hard Reset, Painkiller and Shadow Warrior, mostly because of production values and still using the original Doom enemies and weapons to some extent.

To think Doom and Unreal did the same thing (gameplay-wise even) is fucking disingenuous. Not to mention there was a constant stream of innovative titles up to the age of WW2 cancer and what we ended up with in the previous years. nuDoom is considered a breath of fresh air because of a drought, much like how The Witcher 1 and Dragon Age: Origins got way more praise during a similar age of cRPG drought, and nuDoom had something fancy it could show off on the surface as opposed to unique approaches to gameplay that aren't immediately marketable, and because nobody really bothered with Devil Daggers.

It's not even that innovative if you consider NecrovisioN did the same thing eight years ago through chaining combos (and that game was messy on many fronts but still managed to not bore me). Heck, Bulletstorm was more innovative with centering the game around HOW you kill while changing up that concept constantly, and even then it suffered from a large dosage of AAA-itis. nuDoom is more or less a hybrid of Quake and Doom, with the strengths of neither.

It is, but that wasn't really my point, as some players might just backstrafe infinitely if they are given the chance, much like how retards say OG Doom is too easy because you are rarely locked into a level and can just backtrack through rooms to deal with enemies.

It varies (and THAT's a good thing) per level. It's not always the same shit, as Doom's approach to levels allows for more variety in terms of encounter. Vanilla maps like in Episode 1 are admittedly easy (for reasons obvious) while the maps in Doom 2 are eh, so you might find the intricacies of Doom level design easier to understand if you play some Cacoward-stuff WADs like Ancient Aliens, Scythe, Vanguard, or Going Down, and analyze what they do to make shit difficult for you (assuming you're playing on Ultra-Violence). Or Episode 4, if you haven't given up on that yet.

Demon design waa actually the only thing this fucking game got right.
Everything else is sublar mediocrity including Doomguys and the levels design.

Aside from the Cyberdemon
That one was trash

Who got the get?

Arcade mode basically allows you to play the levels with everything unlocked and with no cut scenes. Pretty fun tbh