Favorite Boss Themes

either final bosses, minibosses or general boss themes. doesn't matter

Rare

One of my favs. Maybe my favorite overall.

Anyone ever notice that Nelo/Nero Angelo and Credo are the same boss, almost everything Credo does Nelo Angelo also did in DMC1.
Even their Theme Songs are really similar with the mix of electronic and church organ and quire. Credo is as good as he is because he's Nelo Angelo after 7 years of evolution in action games.
I mean DMC4 has a ton of call backs to DMC1 but this was really cool when I noticed it.

Also Nelo/Nero Angelo is my Favorite DMC boss.

While I agree wholeheartedly with where you're coming from, I'm triggered by that shitty Bandai USA DVD asspull blurb about Skeith. Just sayin'.

I know where you're coming from, have another song as compensation.

I prefer the archangel theme better myself.

if the game was made earlier the Archangel battles would just be in the game instead of just DLC

Come on now

Lots of them. But this one is rarely if ever mentioned, and it pumps you up.

Is FFXIV fun?

Let's follow that one up.

GIANT FUCKING CRABS

quads

the real weeb shit

The original GG had the best soundtrack in the series, the future games sounded way too clean and sanitized. Though as of XRD so is the whole artstyle

I never fought this boss, but I wish I had. The theme music is 20/10.

Say what you will about Persona 3, but the final boss having a remix of previous tracks is always top tier.

I've always loved how upbeat the PMD boss themes are.

B-B-B-Breaks!

Negrobump

The whole ost has some awesome boss themes.

yes but it is a WoW-like MMO, if you can handle that it's bretty gud

0:52-1:05

An orchestral rendition of Live And Learn can be heard in the background

Weigraf did nothing wrong

gherman's story legitimately made me cry.

this man kills kos and becomes a god yet never manages to be with the woman he adores.
if you complete the DLC gherman stops having nightmares after you defeat the orphan of kos, when you then defeat the human half of him in the dream you release him as a infant old one upon the world by unifying the separate halves of him divided between the nightmare and the dream.
if you also have the 3 cords you can kill the moon presence and like your mentor did kos become an infant god and command the dream in its place authorizing the hunt.

I think good boss themes should freak you out a little, put you on edge.

Wiegraf sided with an organization that wanted to take over the world and became an abomination to avenge his sister who wouldn't have died if she wasn't immune to talk skill.

If only it wasn't so low quality, it perfectly set the tone on the desperation you were going through and the downright TERROR you were facing.

Over a decade later and bringing this shit back gave me the exact same goosebumps I got before.

Everything about PSO2's soundtrack is incredible, from the Falz and Olga homages to Strange Fruits getting a FULL FUCKING REMIX, along with things like mining defense taking PSO's typical dynamic music from awesome to more awesomer, it's absurdly good. The high point of an otherwise terrible game, but what a fucking high point.

While I can't really say this is my all-time favorite, I was really blown away when this shit started playing and I was already sweating bullets about bumbling into the final boss area with a fucking melee based Monzaemon. Great end to a unique game.

Yeah, no. I know this is Holla Forums, but fuck off with that shit. PSO2 is by no means great, but it's nowhere near terrible. At worst, PSO2 is a game whose potential was greatly capped by the free to play financial model and limiting good drops to poorly timed emergency quests. If you really want to see what it would look like if PSO2 was a terrible game, play Phantasy Star Nova.

So we agree.

The stage opens with a boss fight so it counts.

Also
In a game that had such little memorable music, this one hit home.

KAMI NI
NARU

Awesome.

You, I like you. Shame the best part of the song is pretty short and takes it's sweet ass time building back up to it.

Piano in Alexia's first theme is sexier than in her second.

Interesting. If I have the spoken language set to Japanese does the game play the Japanese versions of the songs?

That last battle in Outbreak surprised me so much in a good way.

Started playing Yakuza 0 recently and the OST kicks ass in general, but this boss track's especially good.

Asura's Wrath was a 6/10 game, but a 12/10 anime.

Would punch god in the face so hard it creates the big bang again.

The final boss to Fatal Frame 4.

Fitting, as Sakuya really isn't evil per se, just somebody caught in an unfortunate circumstance that caused the entire island to be destroyed. It's difficult to get pumped to 'kill' her, so instead the game makes you feel bitter.

Yeah, I appreciated the little fake out of

Reminded me of Resident Evil 2, and how it could have been even more memorable if the final boss of the B scenario were actually a threat to you like in Outbreak. Speaking of, this boss track is my favorite from 2, I've always liked how it starts out almost heroic sounding as if you can't up but be in awe at Mr.X's persistence and final form.

Yes.