Nier Automata Thread: Concept Art Edition

Last bread is nearly dead on page 12 and I can't remember if the rule of thumb was 12 or 13.
Post concept art, discuss gayplay and lorefag shit, find easter eggs, and argue over who is bestgirl. I'm having trouble finding concept art that's not in a shitty resolution, or cropped, or with watermarks.

Has anyone figured out Eve's, and possibly Adams, connection to the watchers? Why is the library from Nier in the tower?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12601744
youtube.com/watch?v=r_Hz6m2BDsg
youtube.com/watch?v=T3DOwqopcq0
twitter.com/Delgo_Buchanan/status/845710339832516608
youtube.com/watch?v=xTZAFyBVFFE&feature=youtu.be
glixel.com/interviews/qa-nier-automata-director-taro-yoko-w472664
nier2.com/blog/2017/03/07/nierautomata-world-guide-novellas/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tell me about 2B! Why does she wear the mask?
How can I take it off?

>tfw no machine lifeform qt with bolted on tits

Need crack need it now!

beat ending C

It's always referred to as a visor or goggles, so I assume it's actually super high tech cloth that displays the HUD and other things for her.

So it's basically Raiden's eyepatch then. I'll get cracking.

Does anyone have tips for improving performance? I installed that patch from the steam forums but aside from fixing the resolution thing it didn't seem to help much. I'm still regularly going down to 50. Would putting shadows down to medium help?

I'm somehow surprised that nobody is using the word "Automata" to ironically refer to 2B, like with Metroid and Zelda.

so have you guys been playing with english or japanese vocals?

A2 > 2B

Fuck Boku-Shi
fuck Boku-Shi
fuck Boku-Shi
fuck Boku-Shi

For anyone who has beaten or knows exactly how ending E will end all the way through the credit mission I have a strawpoll for how you finished/will finish it.

strawpoll.me/12601744

What's wrong with him that isn't wrong with the others? Can't you just spam volt proof salve or fight ranged temporarily?

Played the game on hard in JP before later switching to normal when shit got too indistinguishable from very hard. Replayed the entire main story line, save a few bullshit parts, on very hard in English.
>Yfw Emil still one shots you on hard when at max level.

You forgot the third option user.

The digits are really blessing me today.

what third option?
backing up your shit so you do both?

Because fuck this multi-phase bullshit.
Fuck the game not letting me buy more healing items.
In my game, the boss doesn't have a health bar anymore and becomes invulnerable once you manage to bring it down to the "roll the fuck around like a ball" phase. But that doesn't also stop it from climbing the building and healing when I clear some distance from it.
Doesn't help that it comes with adds that never stop responding.
Doesn't help that midway through the fight your ranged attacks start healing it again.
Doesn't help that I saved and can't go back for healing items.
I basically have to restart the game.
or play on easy
But it's too late, I already DELETED my fucking save.
Hahahahahaha

Yes. People who are dirty savescummers must admit their sins.

PLEASE FUCKING HELP ME BEAT BOKU SHIT

You're retarded user. If you let the fight drag on long enough, a cut scene interrupts it. Not sure how long. The first time I kept fighting it for a while, the second I barely got to do any damage to it. Both of these tries were at the same level.

No, I thought so too, but the shit's bugged because like I said, the boss's health bar is no longer visible from the start of the fight, and the cutscene never triggers. I had no other option but to start over. It's said that the creator of this series actually hates gamers. What if this shit is meant to trigger in random versions of the game?
I cheesed this thing for 20 mins straight, got it down to the "turn into a ball and go frantic" phase for a good while and the cutscene never happened.

Healing items are cheap as sin in the game
Sell your machine cores and fish and then buy healing items

I saved at a point where it won't let me go back to anywhere that has a shop due to story reasons, and if I try to leave, I get an ending where I left the village to get raped by roberts.

He's talking about being locked out of shops and quicksaving during that part of the game.

i dont like replaying games so soon after first beating it, so i just watched all the endings.

You took out the legs right?

Are you trying to trigger people? If not, more than just the ending is different, and you're missing a ton of story line.

No, that seems like more trouble than it's worth. I kinda just shoot it until the electricity goes away with special blasts tossed in as much as possible until it turns into a ball and rapes me or heals itself.

i know, but i have to go through a lot of stuff ive already done before and that isnt fun

>but I don't have any answers to my questions

Okay so when I start again on the same save, does that mean things will just happen differently? Or will I need to take initiative to branch out to a different ending? WHat the fuck is going on?

also melee attacks from behind while it's doing the retarded tri-lazer attack because there's a huge opening to just chase it around and keep attacking. That's the only window of melee opportunity I can seem to find, but I have to do everything on one health bar. I don't even have any reserve healing items. I made the mistake of saving with nothing and not backing up my save, but it still seems bugged. Something is screwy with the Boku Shi. It had a health bar the first time I fought it and failed, being new to the fight and everything, and then I turned the game off, came back to it a few hours later, and the health bar was gone/the nightmare had begun.

Nigger, take out the legs and it shuts him down for a while
You only have to knock off one leg for it to give you a huge opening to whale on the main body

Just keep playing, it gets even better
Some things are different

Nope, just keep playing with the same save.

You don't have to redo any sidequests, there are a ton of new sidequests, and you're playing a different character with different abilities. If you get sick of refighting something, just hack it.
It's different right from the very beginning too if you had bothered to even touch it.

wew

The machines sucked up all the information they could about humanity and were trying to imitate it all themselves and one of the last things humanity did and left records about was Project Gestalt which you find tons of files about in the boxes and the tower. Presumably the library was a standardized structure that every pair of Popola and Devola were working out of and thus would have also been in the Project Gestalt records and recreating it in the tower was just another instance of them trying to imitate humanity like the imitation city Adam makes underground. It's possible Adam and Eve were also formed in imitation of Popola and Devola but there's not really anything in any of the archive info to imply they were purposefully that rather than just a natural evolutionary step of the machines.

There's no argument, it's clearly A2

What makes this multiphased SOB the "best boss"?

No contest, a2 is fucking hot

I think you're thinking of the wrong one.

That's a funny way to spell Commander

Do either of the female characters have a midriff-baring outfit?

>rather than just a natural evolutionary step of the machines
They weren't

>I feel bad for Adam. It's obvious the younger brother is a tragic victim of circumstance, his older brother being insane and essentially committing suicide via you. Why anyone should sympathize with the insane older brother is less straightforward though. You see, it's not his fault he was insane. His obsession with humanity leading him to his own demise by a YoRHa unit was all programmed into him by the Red Girl. This is so he and his brother could serve as sacrificial lambs when the time came in order to fool YoRHa into thinking they had struck a vital blow to the machine network so they would engage in the all out assault that contributes to their destruction. Really, had he not been predetermined to do so, he and his brother would probably simply continue learn about humanity together.

Guys, guys, guys…ok…hear me out ehre…guys, Nier 3….with TIME TRAVEL

Good idea right?

You can blow off A2's small piece of cloth by going berserk.
A2 has a cute bellybutton.

She just wanted the androids to have hope.
She didn't know YoRHa was a suicide project.

I picked it up today. Played the tutorial, died at the second Goliath fight because I'm retarded. Is there something about evading that a retard like me could miss? I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Is it true Denuvo will kill my hard drive? Is it true there's no way to pirate this game & get the true ending due to something online related to the final ending?

You can chain evade after your first evade is perfect, but you can't chain evade if you fuck up the first one.
Why are you here? Go play before you get spoiled. Kaine is the last boss.

No to both.

Ok, final question. Is there a way to pirate this game without any issues whatsoever, or have they not cracked it yet?

If you're a literal god you could probably get the true ending without the network elements but I think there's dummy network shit for offline players anyway. Either way it's a moot point since there's no crack yet.

yeah, I was thinking about another one
is right
Ko-Shi & Ro-Shi was a great boss fight though. Classic Taro.

Hmm, alright. Guess I'll check back in a month (I really don;t have time to play it now anyway.) Thank you.

What the fuck do you mean there's more of them?

Only one user I've seen has said it's possible offline, and everyone else has disagreed with him.

A2>9S>Operator 210>Commander>2B>machine mom

Is there a crack yet? I want to play on PC but fuck denuvo or double-dipping.

Adam and Eve are really interesting, I think they were the eventuality of thousands of years of machines trying to imitate humanity finally getting the evolutionary pressure(in the form of toobie/YoRHa) to take the final steps of their evolution. The white shit they were born out of looked like semen to me, and the machine-core would serve as the "egg"

I don't think that they were a plan to defeat YoRHa since the game flat out states that the machine network doesn't want to destroy YoRHa

I suspect that the other user is right about them being a project of the machines trying to become human, and it also ties in the End of D, since why would the machine network bring Adam and Eve back if they were only there to bring down YoRHa

I'm still trying for ending E on my bloodborne machine since I still have DSL. Determined to be the first to get it offline but I bet some Japanese cat will beat me to it

Fucking sold

Because posers/hipsters don't know about Nier, so there's nothing to be ironic about.

They were born out of a robot orgy, the semen and ovum symbolism is pretty obvious

:^)

g a y

Because I like cuhrayzee games.

>Semen and egg
It was obviously supposed to be some sort of pseudo-amniotic fluid, at least it was to me. The ball of machine live forms was obviously a giant womb and vagina. The random jump in evolution seems completely implausible without the Red Girls' interference, and since Adam and Eve ended up serving a pivotal role in the Red Girl planned destruction of YoRHa, they were most likely created as tools for this purpose by the Red Girl. Things didn't just happen to go their way after all, they planned the end of YoRHa.

Have they patched the game yet?

forgetting the reason for protecting places, only knowing they were important to the people he cared about

So, the robots the aliens made can just get together, bang, and create what are basically male versions the same kind of androids YorHa does, who then take control of the network that made them and give them new orders to kill people?
How does that work? Shouldn't the parent bots have more control than those fuckers? like, heirarchy of control seems like it should be

Ayys before they died >>>>>> Robots >>>>>>>>> Adam & Eve

>why would the machine network bring Adam and Eve back if they were only there to bring down YoRHa.
>Something else the Red Girl does with them.
>Not something the Red Girl planned.

>since the game flat out states that the machine network doesn't want to destroy YoRHa
The machine network doesn't want to destroy all androids, to perpetuate the war. YoRHa was planned to be destroyed by them so evidence of humanity's extinction would be erased, and thus the remaining androids would continue to fight.

I can accept that, I do think Adam and Eve were underutilized in-game though, or at least the concept of machines like them. The bosses in general were fairly lackluster and it was way too easy to over level by the time you reached them
Considering that The network fucks off, only to be rebuilt and the war to resume in the future it's not that big of a deal

but who was soul, meat and god box?

YoRHa destroyed itself, had a backdoor in the bunker and a pre-programmed an-hero virus to activate on a certain date. Adam and Eve were just a convenient excuse to accelerate the plan, after YoRHa was kill they would roll out new androids that didn't have a desire to protect humanity The machine network developed its own consciousness over time(in the form of the redlolis), as well as the YoRHa units since AI was unethical and they were using machine-core instead. I always figured the sentient element of the network was what allowed the machines to override their routines and take evolution into their own hands.

Think the black boxes and the machine cores were running on maso?

since both machine lifeforms and YoRHa units could use magic, yes.

Probably, since the machines weren't made until after the Aliens ran into Emil

How do I do the triple jump?
Also how do I open the chests with the locks on them that say "I can't access this right now"?

Route B

git gud you will actually never need to triple jump.
Just wait for those chests, I promise it will be clear enough soon. :^)

I was trying to slash them and shoot them and all sorts

You have to hack them a route B ability

There's a bunch of minor things about the overall plot that confuse me, and they confuse me in such a way that I'm not even really sure how to ask for clarifications on them.
If the machines are responsible for the backdoor and the planned obsolescence of the YoRHa program, what's the deal with giving them machine cores instead of "real" AIs? Wouldn't a machine core AI be a real AI in the eyes of the machines? And if it wasn't the machines who did that part then who was it? All the humans would have already been dead and it doesn't seem like anyone in the resistance had any involvement in setting up YoRHa, and if I'm not remembering wrong that's part of the files that the commanders who thought they were setting the plan up wouldn't have known about either.
If the machines knew there was nothing of import left on the moon because they were part of the plans to set the moon server up in the first place then why did they bother with the tower cannon? If the plan for the obsolescence is to just get rid of all the ways for the next wave of androids to find out that there aren't really humans on the moon then wouldn't a big flashy move like blowing up the moon base make it basically impossible for YoRHa 2.0 to not hear from the resistance that whatever humans may have been left on the moon got nuked to shit?
If the tower cannon was really just meant to launch the ark all along, why bother with any of the plan for cleaning up after YoRHa? If you're launching your machine consciousnesses into space why give a fuck about people back on earth figuring out you faked the whole lead up to it?

They give them those since YoRHa is designed to be completely destroyed in order to protect the knowledge that mankind is gone

As far as the Ark/Cannon goes, in ending D they mention how Terminal originally wants to destroy the moon server, but realizes that Adam and Eve along with the androids have evolved beyond what they were supposed to be, meaning they've achieved their goal of evolution?
It's not all that clear, especially since It's from the point of 9S who is suffering a massive logic virus attack and is completely insane by that point

So I'm pretty sure the backdoor is installed by the Android government/ruling body
Since it's mentioned in Jackass' report that it kicks in as soon as YoRHa gains a strategic advantage in the war

>So I'm pretty sure the backdoor is installed by the Android government/ruling body Since it's mentioned in Jackass' report that it kicks in as soon as YoRHa gains a strategic advantage in the war
That seems like it makes the least sense of all, why would the androids time their move to throw away their best units right when they're proving to be the most useful? If they're working just fine in combat and it looks like they're going to end the war in the nier future then there's no reason to rush through the plan to retire them and move on to the new models. Unless the backdoor is maybe programmed to open automatically as soon as a YoRHa unit learns there's no humans left there's no reason for the backdoor to open when it did if it was set up and managed by androids.

FUG, REFRESH PAGE TO AVOID SPOILER

What I want to know is when the machine network acquired information about humanity, and underwent the Red Girl shift. I get the feeling they obtained it through Adam's interest in humanity, which they gave him because they knew it would lead him to death, which they thought since humanity went extinct. I can't discount the possibility they found it earlier though.

I do not even comprehend the question.

>since both machine lifeforms and YoRHa units could use magic, yes.
When you fight the second Emil boss, the pods says it detects magic, which will penetrate all defenses, so the androids and machine do not use magic in any form.

>the machines weren't made until after the Aliens ran into Emil
I don't remember this ever being specified, though I think you're right since the emil picture book shows him fighting the aliens, not the machines.

>they would roll out new androids that didn't have a desire to protect humanity
I don't remember this being stated anywhere.
>as well as the YoRHa units
**Prototype YoRHa was created by high ranking androids who believed the world was worth fighting for even without humanity and needed to restore android morale. They didn't understand the machines' capabilities for evolution, which is why there is the note about machine cores being used for the sake of not being inhumane. YoRHa was co-opted by the machine network (pre-redloli shift) who wiped out the prototypes. The Commander is unaware of this, and that there is a backdoor is installed so the machine network can get in and wipe YoRHa with her included, rather than its original plan to only wipe out the machine core androids.
>allowed
Quite literally what happened. The machine network disconnected some machines from it to intentionally gimp itself so the war ca keep going. Those machines were allowed by the network to evolve.

>and if I'm not remembering wrong that's part of the files that the commanders who thought they were setting the plan up wouldn't have known about either.
Pretty sure that was one of the things they did know about and planned.
>If the tower cannon was really just meant to launch the ark all along, why bother with any of the plan for cleaning up after YoRHa? If you're launching your machine consciousnesses into space why give a fuck about people back on earth figuring out you faked the whole lead up to it?
I don't think the Red Girl is completely unsympathetic to the androids or all the machines left behind. Doing this ensures the war effort continues, ensuring that the remaining machines will inevitably evolve and the process will likely repeat itself. Really not completely sure about this one.

>Jackass's report
I just reread it. I makes no mention of the backdoor.

It's not clear whether 2A's or 9S's version of the tower's true purpose is correct so that part is ambiguous. I can't remember but I thought they specifically addressed why they weren't given actual AIs even before the reveal about the black boxes. I think it was in one of the side quests or archives but I might be mistaken.

scratch that, I was wrong
see

Fuck everything. If people are so adamant about avoiding spoilers they should avoid the threads.

>the backdoor is installed by the Android government/ruling body
>The Bunker will be disposed of by having it be deliberately attacked by machines.
>Note that this information is classified as Level-SS, meaning that it must not be disclosed to anyone involved in the YoRHa project, including the Commander of the Bunker.
I highly doubt that is the case.

Also this is a minor thing but I really don't understand the distinctions of when androids are full on dead and when they can be revived. The prologue has 9S establish androids can roll back to previous versions of their personalities/memories/gestalts if they die before backing up their data so it doesn't seem to be determined by whether or not they've made a manual backup recently, and it also that androids have spare bodies they can switch to if their active body gets fucked up, yet there's tons of instances of YoRHa units dying seemingly for good with the only consistent detail being their black boxes got destroyed. Is it really that anything goes as long as the black box doesn't get busted, and despite its nuclear explosion effect the black box reaction in the prologue somehow didn't scratch 9S's or 2B's black boxes?

I thought it was implied that the machines managed to acquire the Gestalt Project data and that was what formed their human side.

Its if they get their data uploaded back to the server, at least for YoRHa, it's not clear whether regular androids follow the same rules

Yeah, didn't the Red Girl mention that during the fight with her, how that data/human memory ended up forming the "core" of the machine network after they killed the aliens

What do Adam and Eve do when Eve wants to play?
Eve seems so eager to play that he'll do anything Adam tells him to do for it

Yes, not even implied but directly stated in one of the reports, but I want to know is when this happened.

Pretty sure regular androids don't as the YoRHa units must be backed up to the bunker. The question is, are those who died being denied their back-up because they didn't perform well enough? Are bad soldiers being culled to improve the war effort? This may be a privilege granted only to those units who are extremely effective, such as 2B and 9S. No clear answer though.

Wincest

B-but they don't have penises user

>so the androids and machine do not use magic in any form.
The machines use it when they form the giant womb and make A&E, the androids use it to hold their weapons, and on pod programs like the hammer and ground-sword thing that was in NieR the first

I think Devola and Popola say something like this - I honestly forgot where I got that. I distinctly remember "a new line of androids" though - could have been A2 talking about the baseline YoRHa's right before her and nines fight though

This game was a mindfuck.

Yeah I though that was the case but I played the game in two 20 hour marathons so my memory is hazy.

Sorta?
A2's whole shtick was that she and her unit were sent to die in order to gather combat data to use in the B line

I figured that was the case, especially considering A2's backstory ;_;

Don't you mean the E line?

While true, it's not what I'm talking about.

Probably this
Through the dramatic alteration of the Next Generation Combat Unit Project that had been proposed at the time, new "YoRHa" models began to be manufactured. Officials models were created following the implementation of data acquired from an experimental squadron, and were then deployed to all regions.''**
Which is referring to new units being made based off of the prototype YoRHa mission data.

Kill me now.

The prototype unit as a whole was getting data for all lines of androids since they also had a gunner and a scanner, A2 just happened to produce data most useful for E's and probably B's to a lesser extent.

Also, why did Pascal lose all sympathy if it was just his memories being erased and not his personality? He calls all the dead machines junk like it's nothing but he still sounds like the same person with a similar personality to before, just insanely heartless as well.

wouldn't know
walked out on him :^)

since he was a robot, sympathy was learned so yes he lost that too. Or maybe never had much sympathy for machines that weren't "his" and now no machines are his so he has sympathy for none, but will relearn sympathy when he has more positive machine-interactions or just through reading about it

OK I'm gonna clear something up for you guys. All spoilers

The Black Boxes are the same things as the Machine Cores. They are created through magic fuckery. These are, for lack of a better term, their processors. They aren't the brain or the soul. The reason the Androids/Machines can be restored as long as the Box/Core is kept is because this THING is basically whatever is required to enable sentience. The reason why Android/Machines fear death even without losing their BBox/MCore is because they would lose their memories. The combination of memories being accessed by a certain BBox/MCore is what the game is sort of defining as a soul. As long as you can retain the BBox/MCore AND the memories that person remains alive. Without the BBox/MCore you get The King of the Forest and without the Memories you get End Game Pascal.

I want to stare at 2B's ass all day.

I'm genuinely upset that A2 and 2B will never be real.

His personality was partially developed by his love of philosophy. With the village burned down (yet magically all the flora survives), he wouldn't be reading philosophy books. Hell, even if the books survive, he may still not read them. Not to mention waking up in room full of destroyed machines as his first experience of being sentient probably didn't give him the most positive view on the value of their life.

>They are created through magic fuckery
[citation needed]

>The machines use it when they form the giant womb and make A&E, the androids use it to hold their weapons, and on pod programs like the hammer and ground-sword thing that was in NieR the first
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. If they used magic, there would be no reason for it be mentioned in the fight against Emil, let alone for it to "be highly likely of penetrating all defenses." The similarities to Weiss's abilities are just a design choice here.

then explain the Empire symbol on Eve

Time travel
(^:

wat?

I am memeing. No one has figured out the connection yet. If he was using magic though, then the part about Emil is pointless.

Shit, I was hoping you had something.
RIP

Hey the Accord androids can do it after all, so its not out of the question.

the only thing I dont get is
who is supposed to build the new yorha units and the bunker after everything goes to shit and the pods delete everything? is it the pods or what?

I don't have the source on hand but I can find it. I'll sum it up though

The BBox and MCore are both given the same color scheme as the Gestalts (Vessels that hold the disembodied "Souls" in nier) Souls don't exist though and it is a name we give to the condition of memories being available to the hardware they were created by. Not understanding this is why Project Gestalt failed and the Replicants formed their own "Souls" because human bodies have all that is required to enable sentience. Project Gestalt was made possible through advances in technology made using findings from the Giant and Dragon from ending E in Drakengard AKA: FUKKEN MAGICK. You learn about this when you go to Emil's sister in Nier

The machines. The first Yorha were made by the machines. The Androids other than the first series of Devola and Popola were all made by machines. Humans have no interaction with Nier: Automata. They're long gone. Humans are seen as gods at that point.

if you want to go even deeper, I believe that this game is saying that the gestalts that were still roaming the earth became plants (there was a mention of this in the first game) or some shit and instead of taking the bodies of humans they took the bodies of machines. When the aliens got to earth they thought it was uninhabited by intelligent life but under the stress of invasion the machines evolved. One of the first things they found when evolving was that the threat of extinction promoted evolution and thus determined that they should recreate the alien scenario to keep evolving (why they created the androids and Yorha)

Likely, the cycle will be repeated by 2B, 9S, and A2.

>>There's no YoRHa
>How can you be sure? YoRHa was originally started by commander androids, who believed the world was still worth fighting for and that androids still deserved a purpose even with humanity gone, to improve morale in fight against the machines, before it was co-opted by the machine network when proto-YoRHa was nearly wiped out. A new version of it could easily be made with 2B, 9S, and A2 as the leaders, now that they believe the world is worth fighting for. Since the war still rages hundreds of years later, they obviously haven't won. They can't carry the weight of the world alone and Jackass is bound to respread word that the humans are extinct, thus causing many androids to again lose morale. We'd then be back at square one what began the YoRHa project in the first place.

>These factors are what lead the pods to believe history will likely repeat itself, not despite the fact that the three androids still have all their memories, but because they have those memories.

>They're the same color
And all the angry machines have red eyes. I don't think this proves anything. Especially since the machines were created by the ayys.

>The first Yorha were made by the machines.
Prototype YoRHa was made by human built androids.
>The Androids other than the first series of Devola and Popola were all made by machines.
If this was true, the aliens would have won as soon as they defeated Emil. Other human made androids still existed. Remember the Devola and Popola text adventure?

That's pretty out there.

both cores of sentience were without a doubt given the SAME EXACT COLOR SCHEME as the gestalts by the developer for a reason. This isn't 2 different fictional universes I'm talking about. I'm not trying to connect two completely unconnected elements.

>first Yorha were built by human built androids
No they weren't. They were built by the machines and so were all of the other androids before the Yorha. Humanity was dead before the aliens or the machines. Humanity was on it's last breath in Nier and the death of Papa Nier meant the relapse would wipe out the replicants and thus humanity. The loli machine figure at the end even states that the androids were made to pressure machines to evolving
Devola and Popola 2.0 said they were made without their memories. The text adventure could EASILY be a plant just like EVERY OTHER PIECE OF INFO YOU FIND IN THE GAME. They don't know what the hell actually made them or what happened to the humans or original Devola/Popola.
Adam and Eve even say that the machines defeated the aliens??? I haven't done the Emil questline yet though. So i don't entirely know what you mean.
I think the only reason the cycle of machines broke (possibly) was because the last set of androids came to understand the correlation of the possibility of sentience and the availability of individualistic memories. This allowed A2 to escape Yorha, 9s to escape the virus, and 2b to have the foresight to pass the memories onto A2.The machines didn't come to understand this because they were on the network. This also being why Pascal and his village were closer to humanity than Adam and Eve.

Is this normal or am I super good

If you're on normal, pretty normal. The game is not especially difficult, especially not if you upgrade your weapons as soon as you can and do level appropriate quests with a good chip set. I think I had probably single digit deaths in the entire game and only lost my chips to a double death once early in the game, though I can't remember exactly when. I think it was at the farming spot in the desert since I was trying to clear it out at like level 20 thinking there might be something cool hidden there.

>They don't know what the hell actually made them or what happened to the humans or original Devola/Popola
Then why do they say they'll "explain when you're all in the tower" ? They know about everything but were complicit in it.
>The text adventure could EASILY be a plant just like EVERY OTHER PIECE OF INFO YOU FIND IN THE GAME.
The info that is fake is determined to be fake by higher level info that superseded it in confidentiality, which is only the info about the the final YoRHa project. There is no reason to believe their memories are fake. Why would there be fake memories of them being in charge of Project Gestalt to fool anyone? This information would be evidence of humanity's extinction. You're really reaching here Mr. capslock.

After looking at some of the text adventure again, I'm entirely convinced you've even seen it based on what you're saying.

not entirely*

I know what the text adventure says but all of that is made moot by the fact that humanity has BEEN dead. There is no reason for Popola/Devola or Yorha to exist other than to further the machines. Humanity was pretty much dead at the end of Nier. Automata takes place like what, 5000+ years later?

>There is no reason for Popola/Devola
They were kept around as therapy punching bags for other androids. Reprogrammed to feel constant guilt. If the other human made androids didn't exist, there would be no reason for the last remaining Devola and Popola models to be kept alive, as they are evidence of humanity's extinction.
>There is no reason for Yorha to exist other than to further the machines.
Proto-YoRHa was made by some of the human built androids not in charge of the Gestalt Project, the re-instill android morale.

the re-instill
to re-instill*

Who made those androids that were making the popular and devola punching bags?
humans? Who are extinct?
Popular and Devola? Who got nuked?
Replicants? Who can hardly manage to live without being killed by the black scrawl?
Gestalts? Who can hardly manage intelligent thought?

BRB killing myself

>humans? Who are extinct?
Why do you keep insisting that other androids have to have been made after humans go extinct? They could easily have been made before, which is what I've been saying this entire time.

Then where were they during Nier? Popola and Devola had been around for thousands of years and they made no mention or actions indicating they had any knowledge of other these androids.

Also this
>At this point, machine lifeforms recognized that the goal of "defeating the enemy" actually REQUIRED an enemy. In order to maintain this singular objective, they reached the contradictory conclusion that their current enemies—the androids—could not be annihilated completely, lest they no longer have an enemy to defeat.
>they reached the contradictory conclusion that their current enemies—the androids
The machines were fighting androids before they had even reached point of deciding they needed an enemy to continue fighting. The machines did not create the androids, humans did.

Fuck if I know. In an underground facility somewhere waiting to be activated when [X] happened somewhere late in the Gestalt project's failure? Hiding among the replicants as true neutral observers, since Devola and Popola were interacting with them? Maybe Taro hadn't thought this far ahead yet? The fact remains that Devola and Popola's existence in Automata is proof of the others' existence prior to it.

Perhaps the aliens made them. I don't trust ANY of the text in Automata though. I don't think it's a valuable source in any respect. if they were able to completely cream the bunker in a second then there's no fucking reason they didn't have their hands in the resistance base.

>there's no fucking reason they didn't have their hands in the resistance base.
Why would they need to? Once YoRHa is complete, they have their morale boosted androids. If they controlled the Resistance, they would control all chess pieces and thus be fighting themselves, not the enemy. Co-opting YoRHa to ensure it works even better than intended was an action taken to help keep their enemy alive since gimping themselves by letting some machines study philosophy and have orgies wouldn't be enough to keep the war going if their enemies just gave up. Again, leaving in Devola and Popola works directly counter to the machines interests as they are evidence of humanity's extinction, so the machines do not control the Resistance nor did they make it.
>I don't trust ANY of the text in Automata though. I don't think it's a valuable source in any respect.
Well then you just threw out half the game's story out the window and we might as well be arguing whether or not the entire thing is an elaborate simulation of some sort made for some sick fuck's entertainment. Oh wait.

Y'know? I just realized something. The game ends with you deleting yourself for the possible benefit of others. It's an analogy. Taro is saying gamers contribute nothing of value to society, and should off themselves just on the off chance the end of their continued existence may benefit the world.
:^(

So is it just me or is can popola and devola's treatment be seen as a dig at SJW behaviour

>Got blamed for something they personally had no hand in because they are the same model as the devola and popola who actually fucked up. SJW blame white males collectively for everything
>Got reprogrammed to feel guilt. Nu-male internalized white guilt
>It's alright for other androids to abuse them because their model is guilty. SJW's are fine with anything that happens to an acceptable target

Holy fugg just got to ending e and i didnt delete my save. I think the last time where i felt like i just had to play a singleplayer game was MGS5 am i a weeb now?

Its probably generally about collective guilt. It just so happens that whites are collectively blamed for everything right now.

Pure. Coincidence. Goyim.

Androids were around long before the events of Nier, they were used to help with the war against Legion

hnnggg what a pair of qts!

My God I don't think I've seen a thread yet with this many uses of the spoiler tag.

You just have good taste in vidya now.

You weren't around during 999 / VLR / ZTD threads then, huh.

There's a lot of culture critique in the game.

Like how each of the bosses are named after philosophers and are destroyed by androids, an allegory for modernity destroying much of our old culture and our progression towards nihilism. Or how transhumanistic technology doesn't actually solve our core problems, but just changes the forms they take and that our history may very well be cyclical. Or how utopia can only be transitory as the logical outcome is that it would rob us of any purpose. Or the indisputable fact that Devola is best girl.

I have to say Yoko Taro really outdid himself. I didn't think he could do worse to me than making me delete all my save data. I liked it but I'm not sure what to make of the final ending. As far as androids are concerned, I suppose Yorha's gone but the rest of the androids are still alive and well. I'm actually a lot more surprised that Accord was brought up only as a nod to DOD3 and that Automata ended up being far more self contained than I initially thought it would be.

Anyone think we'll be getting a Grimoire Nier sort of follow up for Automata?

I only got this game today and just finished the tutorial. I quite like it so far, but have have any of you also found that hard is fucking bullshit and normal is a bit too easy?

Change the difficulty to hard after gaining some levels.

Same here I expected An appearance by Accord and some more reveals about the overall DOD universe. Especially because she's the only android mentioned in the series prior to Automata and the entire game is about them. I would have put money on it.

Speaking of which I wouldn't mind some character story DLC like what we got with DOD3. As for a novella or the like I'm sure we'll get something.

Ah, I didn't know you could change difficulties whenever. Thanks.

Yes. Which is why I switched to hard as soon as I felt ready. There's no reason to sit on normal if you don't find it challenging enough. There are no in game rewards based on difficulty setting.

It didn't help that the trailers showed Eve with red eyes and the Cult of The Watchers symbol emblazoned onto his chest. I suppose all we can do is wait for DOD4 before anything to do with red eye disease gets brought up again.

I'm hoping for a Devola and Popola DLC since the game has an AI partner for a lot of it.

You better start working on your degrees in robotics and AI then. Don't let your memes be dreams!

What did Nier ruin? The system was pretty broken already with some gestalts were having huge issues. For instance Kaine futa cock

Also, was I supposed to feel bad for slaughtering shades or no? Even after you find out they are humans it didn't stop it from being any less me vs them.

The real Nier aka Shadowlord was stabilizing the system by giving it genetic data so it could recreate the replicants who died from the scrawl. Without him the system failed leading to all replicants eventually die out, the gestalts go berserk and the complete extinction of humanity.

The Shadowlord kept the shades from going fucking insane and possibly could've allowed them to become human again. Papa Nier killing the Shadowlord caused the shades to go insane, killing them, and also caused a massive outbreak of the black scroll, killing the replicants in the process as well.

I'm assuming this was talked about in Nier:Automata? Because I do not remember it being discussed in Nier

It's mentioned in Nier in some log I think.

I can't remember how much of it was in the first one since it's been 6 years since I played it but in Automata the Gestalt Project logs that you get from the factory hack and the lockboxes cover all of this.

Yeah I don't think it was mentioned in Nier at all the ending was really abrupt and didn't mention anything at all about what happened after Shadowlord fight other then Emil being alive.

The information is either in Nier or Grimoire Nier. It was well known that the gestalts were going to die without the shadowlord long before Automata was even announced.

That would explain it.

The same could be said of racists blaming all of [X] race for something.

Do they ever explain why the R and H are capitalized in YoRHa?

Did it ever explain why it's NieR?

I really want to buy Automata because I want to try a Yoko Taro game for the first time and this one looks great. But, I'm strict nofap and don't want to play a game that revolves around lewdness. I can handle some, but I don't want it in my face all thirty hours. Can someone make a recommendation to me on that basis?

Just don't blow yourself up.

Except in the base, definitely blow yourself up in the base at least once.

Of course while I only look at it from time to time the fact that speedruns of Nier could be completed in 45ish minutes is funny.

It is a mystery for the ages

How do I get the camera below her skirt so that she kicks it away?
I can't seem to get it below her that close like I've seen.

Stand on a ledge or at the top of a slope. Where the pavement ends just outside the resistance camp works.

>Or even easier, stack combat heal chips (works best with A2s berserk mode)
There you go. The game is now EZmode

Berserk mode disables a bunch of the healing chips and instead just gives you its own heal on kill bonuses. I tried doing a glass cannon chip set for it with the goal of keeping it going forever with the huge damage but I got none of the effects of my stacked offensive heals and instead got deadly heals which I didn't have slotted at all.

I was so caught in the moment I just kept answering YES.
Fucking hell.

So yeah WHO exactly created yorhas and this whole fake humanity council project and shit if humanity was already extinct by then?

The machine network, the war between Yorha androids and machines was all about creating conflict to force the collective machine consciousness to evolve.
Or at least that is how I understood it.

Oh I get it now.
Those holographic girls was machine's network that evolved too far and was fucking with humanity androids even before creating Adam and Eve. Kinda sorta makes sense.

Just keep at it, sooner or later you figure out the correct timing for evades, or just drop the difficulty down until you figure it out and then raise it back up, you wont lose anything other than challenge for playing on lower difficulty.

I assumed it was the governmental organization known as the Next Generation Preservation Project Preparation Committee. The Gestalt Project archives from the box in the room where 9S replaces his arm mentions this. They were the last known governmental group to have the Gestalt data and were preparing to unveil a new line of androids. The machines might have gotten the data from their servers. It's never actually stated that the machines created Yorha, although it seems a lot of folks assume that they did. My assumption is that some form of this organization is still operating by the events of Automata and that it may be trying to achieve something similar to what the machines are, if not directly in on their plan.

ITT: pic related

Some madman finally managed to beat the ending solo.

raw (2 hours): youtube.com/watch?v=r_Hz6m2BDsg
edited with annotations: youtube.com/watch?v=T3DOwqopcq0

That's called respect to fellow anons.
Nobody would flip out like normalfags during boston salt party if we didn't spoiler our shit, that's exactly why we try to do it.
But yeah it's a pain in the ass to read

I'm positive I hate that song at this point.

I've spent like 4 hour trying to get machine swordfish. I'm going to assassinate Yoko Taro.

I bought fish and pod level achievements, fuck gathering in action games

Why are you even playing a game by Yoko Taro?

I really didn't experiment much with different weapons and sets while I was going through the story since you can upgrade Virtuous Treaty/Contract and Beastlord early and doing so will make them basically solid the whole game through, and for 9S I just stuck the dragon lance since happened to be what I had materials for and his spear charge attacks are so good. Now that I'm going back through to farm ugprade materials and finish up sidequests I'm playing around with other weapons and finding some really cool and also really weird shit.

For anyone who's played around more with a heavy+bracers set, is there anything that decides whether or not the swing on the combination attack connects for the projectile attack as opposed to just completely whiffing it? I tried it out a whole bunch of times doing different inputs but it seems like it's just completely random.

now with audio

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE

I was able to play up to this part at a friends place at least, but I don't want to mooch a whole game over there.

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

Why do you hate yourself?

So is it fun?

Essentially YoRHa was almost entirely created by the Next Generation Preservation Project Preparation Committee androids. The Machine Network (Pre-Red Girl shift) co-opted it, but all they really changed was installing the backdoor to ensure the destruction of those in charge of the project who had standard AI, as opposed to just the YoRHa units which used machine cores. This more effectively erases all evidence of humanity's existence.

Fishing is complete shit compared to NieR, but you only need 50% to get the achievement, so you really don't need to buy that achievement. As for leveling your pods, while collecting the materials is a pain, thus you may be tempted to buy the achievement, leveling your pods adds unique changes to each of their base attacks when you charge them, that are pretty neato. The only two* materials you can't buy somewhere are the pure water, so pick up everything you find at the coast, and the powerup parts. The power parts are unique items though that you find in chests, so you can just look up where to get them if you're having trouble.

Other anons have told me it's pure RNG, which it sure feels like it. Disappointing.

Yes.

Curiosity.

I absolutely enjoyed my 40 hours with it. The leveling system does hurt the experience a bit as the game ends up having an inverse difficulty curve, but that can be partly alleviated by upping the difficulty.

Yeah
It's by no means perfect, but it is fun
Combat is good though limited for certain characters/weapons
OST is amazing
Standard Taro story

It's roughly a 30-40 game if you do side quests

So I can do my work on the go instead of just being trapped at home.

Life is pain

Literally everything about the robots being evil - except for Adam and Evik (I'm not calling a man "woman", though I like they actually addressed this) - was because of the sentient AI and it's logic virus.

Every robot you fight has red eyes.
Every android that gets corrupted gets red eyes.
The redlolies are red.

>tfw the biggest nearly god-like thread in the game killed itself out of pure ego

Yeah but we the Player technically have an infinite supply of Accord so it's okay.

I'm still upset she didn't have a role in this. There better be a Draken4 where we get more Accord and delicious waifu 4th wall breaking.

Actually, wait a second: the only reason we had a happy ending in this game is because the pod-buddies became more aware and started feeling. We managed to sort-of achieve a happy ending in Draken3 thanks to Accord messing with Zero through different world-lines, eventually culminating in the creation of a worldline where neither Draken1 nor Neir would occur so everybody would theoretically be happy.

Back in a timeline where Nier DID happen, we have a one-off reference that Accord is hanging about and selling the interdimensional weapons she carries with her for free trans-dimensional shekels.

You think she had anything to do with the pods becoming more aware? Or did the androids just use the same cores that they used for them thinking they would not also evolve?

BecOme as GODS

high quality post

BECOME AS GODS

Wonder if we'll ever figure
out why Cathedral City and Accord exist.

BECOME AS GODS

Shot in the fucken dark, but what if The Pods shared intelligence is the seed for Accord, which is the later evolved form of the combined Pod intelligence?

should I spend $60 on this or not

I liked Revengeance alot, didn't play any other Platinum games

plz no bully

It's a Square game, with a little influence of Plat in the combat. It is not a Plat game,

BECOME AS GODS

It's got bits that feel very Revengence-like such as the prologues and most of the extended action segments but a lot of the game is fairly laid back RPG stuff. It's an RPG with Platinum combat rather than a true Platinum action game.

Do you not mind Denuvo? Do you know anything aboud Nier/Drakengard? If yes to both of those, sure. Consider using a reseller like kinguin or GMG if you're unhappy with the price, it saves $10 or so for one of those.

Here's a bunch of combat tips I've discovered:

I've just gotten the first ending and I've already spent around 20 hours in it, though I could've done it sooner had it not been for my completionist boner. Certainly worth your money in terms of time and quality.

I could dig it, especially since they break the fourth wall and directly address the player also - which is curious since they don't explain why that is. huh

However, Accord is definitely an android, not a suped-up pod, and they can't time/world hop like she can.

We're going pretty far into fanfic speculation territory if we suggest they adapted to such an extent that they used some spaceman tech to travel between timelines in search for the perfect happy ending.

That's what I like even more about Accord in light of Nier Automata, that her goal is made more obvious by the fact that androids are so hooked on humanity they'd die to protect even the records of our DNA on the moon. In a way, her character is a direct parallel to the Player who also wants the best ending no matter what the sacrifice.

Still, those pods are something else. My favorite part was when they started sharing a secret chat the loading screen.

Sorry, I just got hit with the idea that time travel could've allowed the ascended pod consciousness that may have taken the form of a hyper advanced android to go through time and unfuck things, helping the player like they've always done once they first altered their programing in Nier:Autotomato ending E.

Accord must have been created by some timeline where mankind was desperately searching for a world free of both the supernatural plague (Nier) and the thread of the Watchers (Drakengard). Either that or she's passed through so many dimensions and timelines that she's created a paradox where she has no origin anymore, just a goal.

She definitely exists for the Player, much like Cathedral City must have existed for the Intoners. Wasn't that basically where it all started ages and ages ago? Back before they lobotomized Gabriel and went on an elven genocide.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's the case. Something like that. I never did finish the character stories for Draken3. It's been so long now I might have forgotten some stuff.

Got to get this speculation off my chest…

A lot of people seem to think thatYoRHa was created or manipulated by the machines because of the backdoor.
First, we need to establish that there is higher command outside of YoRHa, which is mentioned in the line "Concerned by this turn of events, Command designed Project YoRHa as a means to lift android spirits.".
YoRHa is an information project, and both the lunar server and the elite squadron reinforce that. The lunar server to manipulate the morale of the rank-and-file androids, and the squadron to gather combat information for a new generation of androids.
With this, we know that the android faction includes at least Command, the YoRHa elite squadron, and the Resistance.

The permanent part of the project was always the lunar server, with the squadon only needed to intially operate and protect the server. A backdoor was installed which would make the bunker vulnerable to machine attack. This works in the same way if you turn off your firewall on a server connected to the internet, you're going to get found and hacked very quickly.
Command wanted to do this because the squadron would have gathered the required information at this point (And YoRHa is an information project, not a military project), and they didn't want any leaks about the server on the moon to get out and demoralise the androids again.
Because the destruction of the squadron was intended by Command at the start, they created the squadron members with black boxes instead of the standard AI used by the rest of the androids. The black boxes, since they were derived from machine cores, were probably thought to be inferior to standard AI, and thus this was more humane.

I really don't think the network had anything to do with the backdoor, Command just used it as a tool knowing that it would exploit the vulnerability once the backdoor was opened.

We also know that somewhere the androids are manufacturing battleships, satellites, and huge missiles, so there's probably a lot more happening that we don't see in the game.

Like I said, I can buy that if it wasn't for the fact that they'd have to somehow develope time-dimension hopping and lose their individuality. Remember that Accord, despite being different Accords and not really some hivemind, is all the same Accord in personality. It's essentially the same person infinitely multiplied. The pods developed different personalities and tendencies, as shown in the Best End.

Now, I definitely could see that with all parties involved essentially being immortal they could have enough time to develop the tech needed, but the pods themselves couldn't be androids.

Unless they somehow regained the knowledge to develop more androids, probably from the storage house of records in the pale-white archive. If that's so, then they could either develop an android Accord who can interact with the Player and wants to make the best timeline for mankind. If she originates in this timeline then a lot of stuff fits.

So in the end we have the pods using all at their disposal to develop Accord which, while a fun idea, is giving them WAY too much influence in this series. All they did was transfer memories/personalities into rebuilt android bodies and interact with the Player (to the extent of deleting the game saves, too**. It's that latter part that makes us want to give them such a prominant role, but I get the feeling it's going too far.

Which came first, Accord or the pods? This is the problem with time-travel haha

Anyway, as I said, it's all fanfic speculation territory at this point.

Except the fact that all the androids at that point were overtaken by the red-eye logic virus which came from the AI that was using it on the robots means it really was the red lolis who did it, not a third party.

>We also know that somewhere the androids are manufacturing battleships, satellites, and huge missiles, so there's probably a lot more happening that we don't see in the game.
Wait what? Where is that shown? That changes a whole lot.

Oh wait, I'm retarded.

>Except the fact that all the androids at that point were overtaken by the red-eye logic virus which came from the AI that was using it on the robots means it really was the red lolis who did it, not a third party.
Then I'd say Command decided that YoRHa had outlived it's usefulness after Eve was killed and opened the backdoor while committing what it knew was a suicidal attack. The backdoor would be what allowed the red girls to infect the androids in the bunker, even when there were no machines to act as a vector, as was the case for the ground forces.

The fight with the monster in the ocean. Battleships don't last thousands of years so it must have been built recently. Same for the huge missiles they were loading it with. They also attacked it from orbit with a satellite laser.

>Human built androids planned the backdoor.
Yeah, it turns out I was wrong about this.

Remember the aircraft carrier that Grun destroyed? And the big-ass missile you used against him? No idea where he's getting satellites, though it's likely. Highly doubt the whole war to retake Earth is taking place only in the localized area you see in the game.

>They also attacked it from orbit with a satellite laser.
I suppose I was making the assumption that is was part of the bunker for no reason whatsoever.

Huh
Does make you think.

What makes you think that? I can't see anything in the game documents that suggest the machines co-opted project YoRHa at all.
The only piece of information we have is "At this time, all materials regarding the YoRHa project, including this document, will be lost, and falsification of the information that mankind still resides on the moon will be complete.", which while it benefits both machines and androids in prolonging the war, the result of the information suggests that the androids built YoRHa for information gathering, without machine interference.

That is exactly what I'm saying I am wrong about. I don't know why I thought the machines co-opted YoRHa. Probably too much time spent arguing against that autist who said the machines made all the androids in the first place, disregarding all intel because he "didn't trust anything." Or maybe I'm just mentally challenged.

Sorry, I misunderstood what meant.

I mean it's a distinct possibility given how massive of coincidences everything would have to be otherwise, the backdoor opening right when it did, just before the end of the move that might have won the war, strongly implies either the machines had some way to affect when the backdoor would open or the system was entirely automated (pun not intended) and the androids just got unlucky that it happened right when the machines started turning things around with their hidden EMP troops. If the system was being handled manually entirely by androids then there's no presented explanation for why the backdoor would have opened when it did other than incompetence of an enormous magnitude.

Is it possible to set up a voice modulator to sound like a machine?

We need to "vocaloid" this shit

How in the fuck do I beat the naked guy near the beginning of the game?

He keeps one shotting me.

Don't get hit, his attacks are massively telegraphed and his counter attack even gives you a huge indication with the dramatic time stop as to when you have to dodge.

DODGE

I wish I didn't give my cousin my USB controller.

The falsification process is already nearly complete when the game begins. The backdoor is likely supposed to open at some opportune moment when bunker is vulnerable. I could have sworn this was said somewhere to be "When the bunker is nearly empty," (I cannot find where though) which is caused by the all out assault launched by YoRHa, which is prompted by them being tricked into thinking they had struck a vital blow to the machine network, which is because Adam and Eve were used as sacrificial lambs to accelerate the process. What I don't know is if the machine network underwent the Red Loli shift before or after the creation of Adam and Eve.

Not when you assume that the high command that ordered the "final" attack is the same one that had control over the backdoor.
The machines certainly could have had something to do with it, but I think command sending them out on a suicide mission with incomplete information seems more likely.

As an aside, I didn't quite understand in the first place how beating Adam and Eve would weaken the machines, considering that the machines has been putting a up a decent fight without them for millennia.
Might just need to replay that part again…

There are plenty of people who own the game but haven't started playing yet.

Adam and Eve allegedly controlled half the network each, so the death of each should throw the network into confusion

I'm playing on hard.

>Only about 3400 PC players have beaten Emil

Switch to normal until you're over-leveled. If you aren't many parts of the game will be indistinguishable between hard and very hard.

twitter.com/Delgo_Buchanan/status/845710339832516608

And here we go boys.

Well then. I wonder what version of the game her model is from, her hair does not look great.

Source?

Some camwhore, I think her name is Lana Rain, nothing special to be honest.

BECOME AS GODS

Iv'e just started the game but do any actual humans ever show up or is it just ayy lmao robots and androids the whole game?

That's confidential. Play the game to find out.

FUCKING FINALLY. Fuck you Yoko Taro I did it.

So I take it that humans are a major plot point?

Let me guess, they're all dead somehow?

Play the game

Ok Holla Forums, I caved in and bought it but I've got an old 4GB 770, did I make a terrible mistake? It's downloading now and I'm not sure if it'll even pull medium settings.

How can one game be so surprisingly terrible, It's not the first time that I go back to drakengard thinking "It's not that bad" only to be left in awe at how bad it actually is.

Shoestring budget that was turned into a dynasty warriors clone because Square saw that DW was doing pretty well

Should be better than my 660 ti and I played it without any real issues, I think I had slowdown in two or three fights in the whole game running it on medium graphics and 1600 resolution which still looked fine.

Wish i hadn't chosen delete now, need a screenshot of Do you really think you can win grin

Thanks user, I doubt the nips put support for my 1680x1050 monitor so I'll have to pull a Senran Kagura and play the whole game in windowed anyway.

Because Drakengard is a legitimately bad game barring aside the uniqueness of its atmosphere. Even though I like it myself, I can't deny that the gameplay is shit and tedious as hell, moreso when you start getting to shit like skull knights and such. You'll just have to force yourself to play it until you start enjoying the bloodshed or read a synopsis of it somewhere.

I mean there's still a decent chance it just won't work since shit like white screens on bossfights seem to be pure chance, and your cutscenes are still going to be like functional 20fps with a 30fps cap since that's seemingly just how they are in the PC version, but windowed medium should theoretically be perfectly playable.

I've managed to play through the entirety of MGS3 on an emulator with slowdowns out the ass and occasional crashes on an older PCSX version so I think I can handle anything at this point.

Funny enough I feel like the aerial missions are salvageable, the problems usually come from what enemy combination they set you up against.
Playing it after Automata really makes me wish that Platinum eventually makes their dragon combo game, not necessarily a Drakengard game, just a game where I can fly on the back of my dragon, land and murder shit.
You can't even do that in Drakengard because most missions will have some type of ranged enemy who will just fuck your shit up every time you try to mount Angelus.

If platinum does decide to team up with Taro to make Drakengard 1.3 I'll fucking nut though.

I thought the flying missions were great up until around the point where you fight Inuart because his dragon and a lot of shit like the gargoyles that show up after require you to be boosting constantly to outrun their attacks and that's basically just a finger wear tax. They're still fairly enjoyable missions but they could have been way better if they toned down projectile speeds or homing a touch so you didn't just have to dedicate a finger to holding a button down the entire mission.

Check the steam forums. There's a fix for the fullscreen resolution problem and includes an option to lower the lightning quality, improving performance.

LEAVE 2B ALONE YOU DEPRAVED RACIAL CUCKOLD DOG RAPISTS

And all the lame, horrendous animation to go with it.

I am actually sick to my stomach over this.
No, seriously. I really like this character and the story. I don't want perverted degenerates mocking it all with dog penises and BRAZZERS logos.

If you ever needed an excuse to never touch sfm then ay

I've read about it in the older threads here but kind of disappointing that there isn't an official patch this long after release.

can anybody tell me what the significance of operator 210 treating 9s like a child was?
A lot of the story went over my head because I'm an actual retard

I'd assume 21O was also put on a killswitch for 9S when 2B failed. I'd also assume she knew her orders to a point and after so many times of working with him, like 2B, she started treating him like a kid brother because of that

Thank you captain obvious.

youtube.com/watch?v=xTZAFyBVFFE&feature=youtu.be

pic related

An sudoku user.

Get a laptop with a GTX 1050/1060 or something.

Goodnight, sweet 2B.

Holy fucking shit i'm playing the PC version with the mouse and keyboard and these controls are fucking infuriating.

Did they fuck up the controls or am I just shit at video games?

umm Eve keeps regenerating at the end of B route. I'm hacking him a lot, and attacking him a lot. whats going on? its his 8th time regenerating.

I know right? 9S on the other hand…

She wanted a family, but androids can't reproduce so she decided to act motherly towards her subordinate coworker

SOON

I just figured it was meant to be RNG. The swing itself can hit enemies and does enough damage on it's own, so the bracer actually hitting is just icing on the cake if it hits.

you'll upload this for us r-right, user?

what did you guys set as your message for *that* part of the game? Mine was

Yoko Taro is the next Hideo Kojima.

That's very expensive though.

If someone else doesn't, sure. That being said, the PC release means .flacs might be out super soon regardless.

Am I the only guy in the thread wondering what it would take to do concept art for Nipponese games for a career?

Step 1: Be Japanese.

Rest in Peace, Emil. If anyone deserves respite, it's you.

Does anyone have any favorite songs from Automata? I like the music in general, but nothing really stands out to me like in Nier.

The suffering continues.

Domain of God hits right in the feels at times

EXCITEMENT'S GOING OFF THE CHARTS

A friend of mine showed me a jukebox was somewhere in the game, but I can't find it. Can anyone give me some directions please?

captcha: yka bae (yakuza bae)

In the Resistance Camp.

I literally found it just as your post autoloaded.

Thanks!

direct download fucking when??!!

BECOME ASS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

Also
I'm starting from scratch and is going to 100% now. I don't remember when was the last time that game actually respected the player.

Details like that are what make it. I haven't felt this passionate about a game like this since probably MGS2

May flights of angels sing thy perfectly rendered butthole to thy rest.

KAMI NI NARU!

What the fuck is this?

quite possibly your pc dying, or are you playing on low as fuck settings?

It's on the lowest possible settings, but it's been stuck like that for over a minute. I figured I went faster than the game could load the maps and it just imploded.

I can't even begin to imagine what I am looking at here. If it's still up after like 2mins, I'd have just forced the game to close and re-opened.

I played on the highest settings (minus shadows) with mid-tier hardware and never saw this. No idea

Looks like your toaster is trying to commit sudoku.
Post your specs, I'm curious.

Can anyone else not listen to Weight of The World without tearing up? I never really cry in general, especially when it comes to vidya, but for some reason this song just hits me.

I've been playing on settings probably too good for my rig and have yet to encounter anything beyond a little hiccup as presumably a new area loads.

It can handle stuff like Crysis on Low and MGR just fine, though it tends to dip often on a 1080p resolution with everything else turned down, including global illumination.

I had that happen to me once in the same spot but it recovered after about five seconds. I've also seen that happen to someone on PS4 and theirs locked up entirely so I guess it's both something that can happen if you change areas too fast and something that happens at random and forces a restart.

So now that I've gotten ending E is there any supplemental stuff that's out yet (I doubt anything close to Grimoire Nier is out)? Any post game interviews that spoil stuff?

Your laptop is better than my toaster, and with the FAR mod I'm running at 1080p at stable 40fps. Are your drivers up to date and stuff?

Make sure you fight the secret boss and then 100% upgrade all weapons to unlock the super secret boss.
That has quite a lot of story significance to it.

Here's a neat wallpaper of the Ending E background

I couldn't find anything exactly like that, but I did find an interview from about a week ago that has interesting insights from Taro.
glixel.com/interviews/qa-nier-automata-director-taro-yoko-w472664

Alright, I backed my shit up. Do I really have to grind up to lv 90+ to be able to take the secret boss on? I kind of gave up since I was level 60 at the time the game ended.

Does FAR actually improve performance? Will my shitty GTX 760 get any frames from it?

No, I beat him easily at level 75. I'd recommend being at least level 70 though. I fought him at 65 and perfect countering was the only real way I could deal any non-trivial damage.

It really, honestly, does.

Just equip enough combust chips to reach the limit, then just keep hacking him. I beat him somewhere around level 50-60 this way.
You'll probably also want that one chip from the Twins shop that slows down time near enemy bullets, and enough max HP up chips to be able to survive one hit from all of their moves.

Max you melee damage.
Max your shockwaves
Use beast weapons.
Get bullet time.
Dump the rest into HP and defense.
Don't bother with hacking.

Don't get my hopes too high.

Hacking is a meme. He becomes unhackable when he starts charging his super shock wave.

Unless you kill him before he does that, which is what I did.
I'm also pretty sure you can still hack him when he's doing that, as I remember doing that on one failed attempt. I could be wrong though.

Same. I had a great time playing the game but Ending E really solidifies my feelings towards it.
I know Ending E was some scripted shit but I felt it. Easily my favorite vidya ending ever

I know that feel, for some reason that song gets my eyes moist.

I guess I could say I finished the game last night. Still got a lot of endings to unlock but got the three routes done. The last part is really well done but at the same time, I can't deny my disappointment as I was expecting the machines to come up with something a lot more interesting for their final stand; I'll blame P* and Squenix on this - the launch trailer literally shows everything.
Incidentally, do the choices in the Popola & Devola story have any influence on the ending?
Also, gotta ask - what's the fucking deal with Hegel ? I beat him at a embarrassingly sloppy first attempt but I can't even imagine going up against this thing at a higher difficulty. It just fucks you from every conceivable angle.

Brought me up from unplayable 5fps to stable 40fps. Didn't even need to change the lighting scale like everyone recommends.

Only things I changed was to remove the always visible mouse cursor and to force borderless window.

What's the point of 2B's butt
It wouldn't even smell or taste like a real girl's butt.
It would be boring to thrust my tongue into.

You can beat it solo.

kek you can use the elevator as robosnake

nah, hegel is way worse tbh

>do the choices in the Popola & Devola story have any influence on the ending?
No.
Automata's text adventure's are shit compared to Nier's, and I haven't even finished Nier. All the text adventure choices in Automata have no effect on anything. Nier had riddles and a maze.

I-Is that what I think it is?

Yes, it's high-cut body.

Pretty sure he's talking about the camel toe, user.

Couple of questions:
And most importantly:

Not in-game, but the game's wiki always seemed to list a proper location for any material I searched for
yeah, most weapons have fairy similar damage output, so there aren't really any objectively bad weapons.
yep.
You can if you want, but your plug-ins don't matter a whole lot early-game, and by the time they start mattering, you'll have enough dosh to get them without grinding.
The person who sells them is at the resistance camp. iirc, you can also buy them from the black terminals in each room on the bunker as well, that must be what you're thinking of.
neither. use the VALVU

The katanas are pretty great the whole game, once fully upgraded they get a damage boost while at full health so if you're playing well they're even better though I switched out the heavy one for Beastlord since it has higher raw damage before level 4 and I had upgrade materials for it earlier too.
All the areas open up real soon if you've already gotten the ribbons, it's probably even the next story mission for you.
Plug in chip slots don't matter a whole lot since it's not until late in the game that you'll start finding and being able to fuse actually good chips, early on basically all your options are garbage overcosted +1's and +2's from vendors.
I don't really like either of the ribbons, I rock the flower most of the time.

Now for my question, how the fuck do I get this chest? I've tried all the jumping tricks I could think of so all that's left would be to try using one of those floating pod guys but I don't think they float significantly higher than you can jump naturally.

Not that I'm aware of, I checked myself. Most of what I got was only quest rewards and not any farming areas. Some vendors sell stuff but there's spoilers involved so don't read if you don't want to know. The half-wit inventor sells meteorites and meteorite shards after you finish his quest, a clown bot in an alley in a park sells something, I can't think of all of them. Emil sells various shit depending on where he's located, I know in the third playthrough if he's near the resistance camp he sells some materials.

Like the other user said, all the weapons are more or less fine. It depends on what stats you want, but I'm not sure what the secondary stats like Holy Blessing exactly does. I usually just went for most damage and attack speed.

Yes

I just used chips from androids in network mode and drops from enimes then fused stuff, you get access to fusing later if you haven't gotten there yet. If you want money I just sold fish or later machine cores. I don't think machine cores do anything but I have no fucking idea, but it doesn't matter to me now that I got the last ending and put the game down for a while.

gay.

Are you using the pod jump? You can jump twice, then hold fire+jump to make the pod throw you a bit further.

The pod jump works for distance but this is a height issue, to try and get up to that platform from the ground below is way too high and trying to fall off this platform, dash under the staircase and jump up doesn't seem to get me enough height.

If an item has the description "can be sold for money" (i.e. fish, boar meat, ear rings) does it absolutely not craft into anything? I want to sell for money but since I will need as many materials as possible I don't want to sell anything I'll need to search for 20 minutes again.

That's how I understood it after a while. I couldn't find any weapons that used fish and shit, so I want to say they're safe to sell but I don't know.

Also, anyone know when or if the soundtrack releases in the US so I don't have to pay 40 dollarydoos to import the fucking thing? I'd like to give the composer some money, good music, but fuck that price.

Yep, even machine cores. Especially machine cores.
I finished the game with all weapons and pods fully upgraded, and I never needed any "can be sold for money" items at any point.

Pretty mad that I somehow missed the Powerup Part S dropped by the golden goliath.
Doesn't seem like there's any way to fully upgrade my pods and get the achievement now.

I remember someone posting a webm showing how to do it but I didn't save it nor memorize the pattern but IIRC it used a jump launcher with a large sword, a second jump and a 3 hit air light string.
Mirage program also gives you a bit of extra height.

Out of curiosity, how many references to past titles are in the weapon stories? I've only figured the obvious things like the Iron Pipe and Dragoon Lance.

Do not try to farm materials. Overleveling a severe problem and everything in the game you'd need can bought except pure water, which isn't an enemy drop.

I actually just got it, if you just walk off the edge of the platform and then you get both of your jumps still and you can double jump up on the other side of the stairs and get just enough height to grab the edge. Unfortunately for all the effort its just a fucking meteorite which I can just buy anyway.

I'm not sure about that, but did anyone else think Cruel Blood Oath is told from 2B's perspective? Obvious spoilers ahead.
I'll never forget the time we met. I knew ours was a love that would last for eternity.
But even when by his side, his feelings were a mystery. It was painful not to know what he was thinking. So painful.
When I was close, I hurt him. Yet being distant hurt him more.
I finally found my place in life. A place where I am as close as possible, yet eternally distant.

Cruel Arrogance and Virtuous Dignity both reference Nier in their Weapon Stories.

Cruel Arrogance- The fourth owner was a simple, honest man who wanted to aid his sickly daughter. He gave all to this cause - including his very existence and that of all else in the world.

Virtuous Dignity- The fourth owner was a meek young boy who wanted to aid his sickly younger sister. He gave all to this cause - including his very existence and that of all else in the world.

How does he see out of that thing?

Probably pinholes in the rings around the eyes

I think the consensus at the moment is that.
Adds some context to the english version of Weight of the World if you assume the lyrics are from 2B about 9S.
The japanese version has different lyrics, although that could be just because songs are hard to write/translate. However, it also uses the male pronoun "boku", so I wonder if it's from 9S's perspective.
2B must be pretty dense not to understand how 9S feels though.

I dunno. That second one is more like It was painful having to know what he was thinking every 5 freakin' minutes.

Dang it! I knew I was forgetting something. Yeah, nods to brother and papa.

>2B must be pretty dense not to understand how 9S feels though.

He always gets his memories wiped though is how I took it, so she doesn't know how much he's retained and how much he hasn't thus not knowing his feelings. It's alluded the 2E has killed him multiple times before the events of the game. Remember, nobody actually calls 9S "Nines" despite him saying all his friends do. Seems like a leftover memory he doesn't know how to place with 2E due to the wiping. So that gives the perspective of 2E and even maybe 21O trying not to give into him cause they don't want him to die. I don't think operator's memories were wiped anyway, and 2E's never been. It's why she clenches her fist on the Bunker when they realize they wiped his memory again after the prologue.

There's your problem.

Also, it's why he calls her ma'am again, despite already going through it previously in prologue. And why 2E continuously tells him emotions are forbidden despite her showing emotions too. Or 21O not giving her feelings about 9S until she's infected. They don't want 9S to be wiped again. They don't want it to happen again. They love 9S.

You're right.
I think the biggest issue in the game is that this isn't established at or before the ending of route A.
I was fucking baffled about why 2B was crying when this guys back up from 5 minutes ago was just fine sitting the the bunker. So what, he would have missed the Eve fight, no big deal.
It's hinted at in the flashbacks, but the game then makes it play out as a huge reveal in the final moments of the Tower when it's not really a surprise at that point.
They really should have revealed it fully at the end of route A so that the playthrough as 9S had even more context, and they should have also put this novella in the game as an example of how 2B usually kills 9S, not the amicable deaths he suffers from 2B in the game.
nier2.com/blog/2017/03/07/nierautomata-world-guide-novellas/

9S is my favorite character honestly. Which is weird, at first I didn't like him, but he really grew on me by the end. Good writing I suppose.

And yeah, during The Tower they give you some reveals, especially through documents. But I swear I already had found them and read them and was confused what the reveal was. Some of the reveals could've been done better for sure.

oh boy here we go

Yeah it's really remarkable how naturally he goes from "just that sidekick kid" to a full fledged character.

magnet link where

What does holding evade with A2 do? She glows red for a bit like in her boss fight.

Okay, someone explain this. How can 2B cry?

So what exactly happens at the end of [E]?

Did pod 052 kill the machine network with his mind couruption shit or is it alive and a new cycle of androids will repeat? Also who are the pods creators exactly and if it is the machines were they working on the project with machine knowing that yohra was built by machines?

There's a weapon story that suggests what happens in the future.
I'd recommend beating the secret boss and fully upgrading your weapons to access the super secret boss before reading further if you liked the game and want to experience more for yourself.

Otherwise there's already a lot of discussion in this thread so you can read it and figure out for yourself what to believe.
As for me, I don't think YoRHa was controlled by the machines at all, as I said earlier:

I agree

By the end they managed to make 2A good character as well, but damn this is the first time I went from hating character so much to loving him so much. I feels deliberate and as if 9S was set to be primary protagonist from get go and 2B was one huge fat ruse to get waifufags on board.

Don't you mean huge fat-assed ruse?

I never felt like 9S's moveset was that bad, but that's probably because I just happened to want to use the dragoon lance and learned instantly how amazing his spears charge attack is. That shit's like a zero cooldown pod laser.

Tbh it made me sad that no amount of damage from enemies will tatter your clothes or even put a scratch on them.
I expected it to have full blown clothing damage, but it's just secret no-skirt mode, which is not bad, but disappointing.

Shit. Do you only get the bonus album if you preorder? I was planning on getting the international release next month but that is only 3 discs.

I've been unable to fully devote myself to playing Automata since I got it, due to work and getting sick on top of it, but today I managed to get to the amusement park and then reached the village.

I knew Opera Boss Beauvoir was the first proper boss I don't really count desert Adam as a full boss, and damn, it did not disappoint.
>More bullet hell, and this time I notice that the attacks are all in sync with the music
>get hit by the myriad of orange waves – HACKING with an 8-bit rendition of the song in sync to the main song
>Once again, this time beating the shit out of it with melee as soon as the cape burns out

And then it was over. What a great fight, I'm definitely looking forward to the next parts.

Question: I know a chapter select is unlocked once I beat the game. This should help in order to get all the 'joke' endings easily, right? Or should I do the joke endings as soon as I can?

You might as well get any bad endings available to you as you go along, but you can go back via chapter select and do them. Ending Y, however, you can miss. And if you miss it you can't get to it through chapter select, since your save tracks all quest progress and the bad ends happens in a quest.

When fighting the super duper double extra secret final boss, at the end of the fight it's going to self destruct. Let it self destruct to get ending Y. Then reload and don't let it self destruct to complete the quest.

Oh okay, good to know. I want to play the game as blind as possible, but I don't want to skip over the perma-missable things.
I already know what happens to my save data in the last real ending, since I already went through Nier 1… I want to make sure to get everything before doing that one.

> the attacks are all in sync with the music
bull fucking shit

I chose not to delete my data because I still had stuff to do. I hope that once I 100% this shit I can re-do ending E and choose to save someone.

Oh, so it's like Nier 1 where you can say no and go back to the question later on. Good to know.

Not lying. Check embed related for examples:
~0:59: The red laser attack. First they're dark and can't hurt you yet, but when they light up they do right as the chorus starts
~1:29: The red rings
Shortly after that,
~1:39: Bursts of red spheres

For the second and third attacks, technically, the 'ding' sounds are not part of the OST itself, but during the fight it gives that impression
Also, the hacking part 8-bit song is in sync with the main boss song, even as you end the hack and it goes back to the main song. Great sound design!

I'm hoping I can go back to the choice.

Such retardation …. only idiots and retards will find this "deep".(26 meaningless endings)
Meaningless garbage.
Only good thing about this game is the music. That's all.
Good thing i only paid 2$ to an indian for this crap.(fuck you Denuvo scum. you'll never have my money)

where's the frog

Really makes you think.

FUCK. FUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Do you not have network mode on? That shit is night impossible to do without. Or you gonna be the first to solo it?

I want to solo it. I completed it with help a few days ago but I wasn't ready. I still needed to put Emil to rest. Now I'm ready to reach out and save someone, but so many people died helping me last time, I don't want to have to throw more lives away.

And then the game crashed. FUCK.

Its a strange feeling giving up my existence for some stranger but a good one

It's been done already.

New lucky bread.