Demon's > Dark

Demon's > Dark

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/(Blue) Smelter Demon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Demons>>> Dark

Armored Core>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Souls shit.

Screenshot taken at it's native resolution on the PS3, I take it?

I know it's a bait/shitposting/bored gamer thread, but whatever I'll bite.
Setting is better in Demons.
The whole atmosphere thing is better in Demons.
Gameplay and bosses are better in Dark.
Music is even.
Lore and backstory is better in Dark.
Armor and fashion are even.

So I'd say they're pretty on par. One game does some things better, another does other things better. Overall I say that if you like core mechanics you should play both.

They are in completely different genres, user, shoving AC in every thread like this will only alienate potential adepts to the franchise. And I'm not talking about redditors there.

The minute the PS3 becomes emulatable, you will say dark>demon's.

I like the gameplay in Demon's more too, feels more fluid. Not even shitposting, I just wanted to talk about this ancient ass game.

I agree, but think that they're similar enough that which one of the two someone prefers is largely due to personal preference.

Fucking hell, and I always though that shadow over mystara is when old video games ended and the new epoch begun.

Obviously I don't really mean that, I just dont see it discussed often with there being so many sequels now.

This, really.

Oh and yes Demons runs at uncapped framerate, which means in less busy areas it jumps above 30, while Dark was locked at 30 and it never went higher even where console could handle it.
Try playing PC version of Dark with uncapped fps, you should appreciate it.

Onimusha>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AC garbage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Souls shit.

Nioh >>>>>>>>> any FromShovelware's titles

Mount and Blade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shallow shitty gimmicky style over substance Nip combat.

Loli >>>> Ara

Elemental Masters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any other game.

Now this is bait.

One year is ancient relative to how long humans live. It's just that as you get older, the years seem to go by faster and faster, devaluing the time itself.

Why not both?

Shit, didn't meant to post Nagase.

Muh crits
Muh backstabs
Muh button mashing

Soulsfags running aerial charge blade is cancerous. On the same level as French Insect Glaive mounters.

Objectively wrong.

X>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Y

2/10 still made me reply

First half of dark is best in series. Second half sucks balls. Demons is better than everything except first half dark.

Were these pokemon games so different?

Dark 2 is actually the best one.

Not an argument
Your shitty lock on based hack and slash garbage still has mediocre combat.

Whats next?
Defending Musoushit?

X had the better legendary, so yes.
Both were pretty average games, but not as shit as people made them out to be.

Best part of the games was the song at the end. Too many feels to hold.

So you didn't even play any souls games.
Figures your baits are so poor.

Both games are casual shit.

Wew

At least when you aren't falling through the game world.

Asshurt pc fag detected, are you still feeling bullied after everyone mocked you for an entire thread?

Please go back to Reddit. We don't need fucking console wars and mustard race shit.

Has nothing to do with console wars friend, it just describes him concisely. He shits up any thread he doesn't like and thinks hes being stalked by just one person. Very obvious posting pattern. Expect image reply and him to start calling everyone who disagrees with him a saturn fag. Not sure what happened but i can only assume some sega saturn fan fucked him.

Now you're projecting onto that user that he's someone you had an internet fight with from another thread.

We don't have usernames and accounts for a reason, don't just assume two anons with the same opinion are the same person.

If you pay attention to grammatical choices, use of similar vocabulary and even argumentative styles it's easy to pick out one guy on Holla Forums because of the low population and slow speed. I wouldn't jump to conclusions but there really is a good chance it's the same autist.

I just started my second playthrough, and i killed that fat fuck during the tutorial.

>>>/NeoFag/

You sure showed me, user, giving me that canned "back where you came from" response like that. I don't think I can handle a SICK BURN on that level.

>>>/neofags/

It may be the same user, but being autistic and hunting him down across threads isn't terribly sporting.
As I said, anonimity is why a lot of people come here. It's no fun if we can't go to a new thread and milk some (you)s without being called out :^)

What did I mean by this?

I agree wholeheartedly.

twinkle tale > elemental master

How long until this emulator runs good on an i53570k? Place your bets.

I liked demon souls better because you didn't ave to ring the bells, or place the lord vessel in demon's souls. It was much more fun that way.

do you even kings field you newfags?

Vagina >>> Penis

What if the penis is feminine?

Soulsfags called it primitive and that Dark Souls was a better evolution if it, whenever I mentioned it and Sword of Moonlight.

King's > Demon's

Vagina still wins, because it's a warm and wet hole that can be filled with a variety of objects, including a penis. Penis is gay, because penis can't do any cool shit, except for try to enter holes. Unless you're a fag who likes to watch penis do exploring, then you stick with vagina and use your penis to do the exploring. That is also why let's plays are cancer, it's because you're watching someone's penis do the exploring. Why do that when you can have your penis do the exploring? Jesus, man. Kids today.

I read that with the accent of a drunk Sergey. Thanks for the chuckle, user.

Masculine vagina > feminine penis

I'm gonna have to wait 5 years before playing it again to feel the "magic" again.

But does DaS have qt fairies?

I wish they would implement better multiplayer features.
Stuff like: white ghost aren't dispelled when a boss is killed, but the whole level has additional red ghosts that spawn to ambush both of you.
It would also be nice to be able to stroll through levels with dead bosses ,with friends.

The reason the white ghosts disappear is because they want you to summon other people to. I do wish you could still summon, and be invaded when bosses were dead though.

Yeah, you go back to old areas often to pick stuff up or talk to certain NPCs, would have kept the sense of danger intact for those areas if you could still be invaded during those visits.

That isn't a cute fairy, she isn't neither small or wearing cute clothes

I have a question so I figured this would be an appropriate thread. In bloodborne do you have a plaguedoctor outfit, because if not that is a huge deal breaker for me.

I'm only recently getting to play co op in DeS cause i got my gf to play, and there's no excuse for this, especially for the retarded system behind it.
Did you know in DeS not only you need ti respect the +/-10% soul level restriction, but the host must be human, AND the hosted in ghost form?
This means you gotta go to the nexus and off yourself once you help your friend out, since it gives you body form after killing a boss.

I did know all that. The souls devs definitely didn't play their game much considering how they implemented their summoning system. When I go to pvp every time I kill a host, I have to go back to the nexus to kill myself because of the alignment areas.

Demons is good but really overrated by some. Dark Souls did everything better. It even did being unfinished better.

Nice trips.
Do you mind refreshing my memory?

Demon's Souls was an experimental project, these mistakes weren't even seen as such since all they wanted was make an unique game, not a competitive and balanced one.

dark souls forcing you to go through the bad, half finished content was not as good as having all the tight finished content presented with a bit of extra hidden in the files that was very undone.

I mean whatever it was that caused things to happen depending on… oh I remember now world tendency is what it was called. The reason you usually wanted to go to the nexus to die in human form, unless you wanted black tendency.

Regardless it should have been obvious that people would want to help the people who helped them, or that people would enjoy helping people so much that they would want to do that repeatedly.

World Tendency Alignment.

If you kill yourself in a world while with your physical body, the alignment drops a point until everything is Pure Black World Tendency (-7) and then black phantom AIs of certain enemies show up.

Killing bosses or Black Phantoms restore the alignment until it's Pure White World Tendency (+7). Enemies are all easier to kill but the loot is less potent, less chance for pure ores to show.

You kill yourself in the Nexus to avoid fucking with any of the world alignments.

Meanwhile

Haven't played in months. I should get back to it and do the last thing I need to get the plat trophy.

don't remember World Tendency?

if you killed a black phantom, your world tendency would go +1 towards white
if you killed a boss, it'd go +2 towards white (i think)
if you were killed in Human Form, it would go -1 towards black
and so on… there were things that'd go your world tendency go towards either black or white, by adding and substracting from the Tendency value. and depending on the tendency of the world certain areas would lock themselves OR open themselves for you to grab the loot inside them.

the first one that comes out the top of my mind is the gate down the stair at the very beginning of the Boletaria castle bridge, in that small area there was a lone tower and an NPC black phantom, Executioner Miranda IIRC, it was the original "naked bitch with a bag on her head and a cleaver", in the tower you could find the heaviest set of armor in the entire game, the one used by that guy you find in the cells (the one that goes solo against the dragon in the big stair before Allant and most likely dies like a bitch).

there was also an area in the valley of defilement, with a ladder that would only be down for you to climb on full white or full black, and up there you could find that one sword that was made of transparent energy and would bypass shields 100%.

my memory is fuzzy as fuck, i cant remember half of the names, but my muscle memory helps me remind some of those tendency specific areas.

I remember the worst thing was the general tendency, cause EVERY SINGLE TIME i killed that blue faggot in the nexus cause he was laughing at me.

It was only full white I believe for the ladder in the valley of defilement.

You mean alignment.

Yeah the global alignement.
I gotta go read on it since i can't remember if world tendency dropped you rings you needed for the all rings achivement, but i'm sure general tendency did have two unique rings.

Valley needed both iirc. To get the holy spear and the moonlight sword you needed Pure White world tendency, and to fight the Black Phantom Vinland siblings you needed Pure Black world tendency.

The spear specifically is before the first boss, a ladder appears and you have to fight four (five?) fuck-huge Depraved Ones to get to it. For the Moonlight Sword, it's in the 3rd area bridgeway before the shanty town with the Depraved Ones, covered in slugs inside the top of a cave incropping. Shit was fun to get.

It's good shit because it rewarded you for going the extra mile across the board instead of playing just one way. And with the flavor descriptions on all the gear, you got a really good story to go with it. I'll never get over the Beast Talisman, the one item that basically says "lol wizards & priests are both idiots praise lord slug"

I'd honestly get a remaster 60fps version if Sony would permiss it.

Nice, but M&B single player is atrociously bad and nothing compared even to Souls.

Inner tendency dropped the rings.

Do good shit and don't kill any body versions of people => get the friend ring from the Monumental.

Basically Slaughter every person inside the Nexus and every NPC you run into => foe's ring. Managed to get both in a single run.

But wait, to get positive general tendency, didn't you need to kill red ghosts?

Red ghost NPCs, yeah.

I just checked. You need probably 7 black phantoms, but only the unique black phantoms of which only five per play through appear.

playing demon souls offline was a real pain, you had to be very careful and know beforehand how exactly you were going to get the tendency to the point you wanted it, and this included playing always in soul form to prevent fucking up the tendency, it also included killing yourself in the nexus a lot to go back to soul form, and using the ring that gives you 75% HP instead of 50% when in soul form.

It made killing people a lot of fun though considering you were probably fucking them up pretty bad.

Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne

Soulsfag here. Greatsword is most fun.

Ok i had a good read.
You can:
Again, a kick in the nuts since the multiplayer is mostly dead.

I sometimes get on every so often, but I can't remember if DeS is segregated or not. I f you need help I can come, and try to kill you. My character is around level 30 though.

Np, i'm playing with my gf, but thanks.
I'm currently level 18, so we can't meet yet, brw do you have a dedicated pvp char?

S-Sure.

Always. As I said I try to stay around level 30 to bully lowbies, but I have been meaning to make a level 100. You'll know it's me when you see the custard tornado gunning for you.

I swear, once i want my char to drop in tendency, i'm gonna farm for that.
I have a question, do i get transformed into the boss if i'm helping someone, and no one else is avaible?
I want to surprise my gf.

BotW = Dragon's Dogma

Yeah. It was a surprise placing your white summon sign, finally getting summoned then being tasked with killing the host.

You die if you work. Stay a NEET as long as possible and play tons of vidya, watch anime, and study useful things like math, programming, and languages. Don't forget that last part. It's super important.
t. miserable wageslave

When will this meme die? It absolutely does not

Okami > Zelda

okami = 1 game
zelda = 20+ something games at this point? quantity over quality.

You can be summoned for the old monk fight to invade another player if you use either the black, or blue eye orb. You'll know it is for the boss fight when it says
"You are being summoned."
"Invading another world as a black phantom."
Every time you kill the host in the boss fight you get a monk's hood. So you can get as many as you want. I often leave one for the host right after the fog gate.

But everyone knows that Dark Souls is the greatest video game ever made.

the most hardcore, too

ds = shit

Also the summon for the boss fight can summon you from anywhere in the latria regardless of zone. So you can get summoned even if you have not beat the false idol. I also like to use the blue eye orb so I can hide the summon sign from players, making it a much greater chance I get summoned for the fight.** Most people die on the way though. Those last two red phantoms are some bullshit."

Aerial Greatsword will always be easymodo cancer though. That being said, it's worth picking up just to cheese through Narkarkos.

Oops messed up my spoiler.

DeS PS4 remaster with 6th Archstone when?

Is Aerial from X? I played MH4U.

Never

Yea, it's one of the 3 new "styles" along with bushido, and striker. The idea of experimentation is nice, but it killed a bit of combat depth due to imbalance.

You know it's not happening
;-;

Quality over quantity, user. Always.

darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/(Blue) Smelter Demon

You're not being honest when you post Dark Souls 2. That game has been disavowed.

Demon's souls had some awful bosses tho.
I recall the spider, the first two bosses from the blighter world, and the gargoyles being very bland.
However, since gargoyles are recurring in the series, i think they had a time limitation that had them put some half assed goyles in the game, and then perfected them in Dark Souls.

Painted Doll confirmed for Waifu Brawl.

Dark Souls in general became a joke at some point.
People bitched about healing grass in Demon Souls.

That alone was the biggest casualifier of the game, they removed the excitement of heading out on a quest and hoping you didn't fuck up too much. By letting you carry anything you needed you were always prepared, not like being a spellcaster the first fucking time you entered the Shrine of Storms.

Armored Spidy had the best theme song for a giant spider, period. to me, the irony is that they reused a lot of Demon Souls to make Dark sOuls.

The Valley of Defilment Bosses were Breathers after getting raped by poison, plague, giant defiled ones and those weird jellyfish things.

The Old Hero was one of the best boss fights seen in a while.
Go into the fight wearing the thief gear, soundless rings and welding magic, he'd never hit you.
Go into the fight wearing KILINKLANK heavy armor and he'd sodomize you the moment you walked through the gate.

Even then they brought back the Storm Ruler in the same capacity it was used in th Demon Souls, except , like Dark souls, is terrible in every possible way.

Important question: why did they refuse to port all the DS games to PC?
They missed out on millions of copies in sales. It's not like every single DS3 purchaser bought a PS4 just for bloodborne…

You're only saying that because Demon's Souls 2 didn't have a sequel let alone one lacking Miyazaki.
You'd change your tune if DeS got a sequel that turned out to be garbage. It's just safe to claim DeS is perfect because it's a single solitary standalone game. I would argue that Bloodborne is better than DeS. Maybe Fromsoft should have created every game within it's own universe with it's own title and theme and setting and everything that goes with what is basically a new IP each time instead of ever even considering a sequel to Dark Souls. That's what I think.

Demon's Souls had mostly puzzle bosses. The flamelurker, the gargoyles and a few others were combat bosses but the rest all were reliant on you figuring out their gimmick and beating them with that.

From noticed people liked the combat bosses a lot more so everything in Dark Souls was a combat boss.

Sounds like you're calling Demon's Souls fans casuals.
It's funny when Puzzle becomes a euphamism for Gimmick and that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with that.

The dragon god, and storm king were trash though.

I'm not saying it's wrong that it had puzzle bosses, it was the design philosophy of demons souls that they then changed due to popular demand.

Shooting down Storm King with Stormruler at least looked and felt cool. Dragon God was disappointing to everyone.

Blind Guardian was pretty Gimmicky.
At least it was named after a Metal band though.

This intro is so hype. It makes me happy still after all these years.
Not a big fan of remakes, but this game really deserves to be made mutliplat.

That will never happen. Sony has let so many exclusives die they are desperate for anything.

Pic related. Cause it's not happening since Kaz left. Fuck.

Every game has it's flaws, if it's a great game you can overlook them for a while but you'd still ultimately have to acknowledge them, no point in being a pointless fanboy. I'd mock the shit out of DeS2 if it turned out to be shit.

That would imply Fromsoft makes good decisions. I may be a raging fromsucking faggot, but fuck. They haven't made logical choices since ACE2.

Never say never. I never thought I'd see the day when Sonic debuted on a Nintendo console, when Cloud, Snake and fucking Mega Man appeared in a Nintendo party brawler, or when Spyro and Crash got eaten by Activison.

Shit happens. Who knows what the future will hold.

The spider was a bland fight, the thing itself looked kinda cool.
The whole stage leading to it was pretty sweet itself, covered in webs.
Fighting it was just meh.
They should have made it a boss that relies on creating hazards, since spiderwebs + fire = slowdown and time damage.

Pain…

Demon's Souls is a PS3 exclusive because Sony paid for the development directly.

Shadow Tower > Souls

How does the psx ST control, compared to ST: A?

Bloodborne > Demon's > Dark Souls > Dark Douls 3 >>> Dark Souls 2

Maiden in black was indeed best cutie

yah she is.

You know what, that bullshit nonidea actually sounds tight as shit, fuck you.

ate my goddamn image

Alien > Doom > FEAR > Halo > Souls 2 > Alien 3 > Souls 1 > Aliens > Souls 3 > Desolation of Smaug > Quake > nuDoom > Half-Life > Unreal

you bastard

Since when.

You guys don't seem to understand that Demon Souls was never about playing co-op with your personal buddy or explicitly looking for people to pvp with. It was a single-player game; the multiplayer features were just there as something to mix up the single-player. Invading existed to keep players on their toes and add enemies that were more dynamic than what you could do with just AI, and summoning was just for if you needed help on a certain level and/or boss. They were spices added on to the meal that was the single-player; not separate sides to the meal. If they wanted to have full pvp and co-op, they would have implemented full features for that.

This actually sounds pretty cool, especially if the player can get inadvertantly killed by the infighting of the soldiers by hanging around the nearby area too long

That's true, but it's obviously more fun to Bro-op.

Haven't played Demon but it should have stayed like this. Honestly I would prefer no online features at all and instead focused on PvE Covenants that focus on role play and NPC interaction.

The pvp is an indispensable part of the souls games. Because of the black phantom players you can encounter a fight that is capable of matching you, and even exceeding you. No matter how powerful the AI monsters are, they are still limited because they are AI. The PvE is the bulk of the game and is very important, but the pvp provides something the pve can never bring to the table.

It's worth ditching to be honest. The idea isn't bad but there's nothing wrong with a limited AI in games. And the Dark Souls gameplay by itself doesn't need other players in it. It's just an additional gimick that's interesting but ultimately up to preference. You also can't act like this experience won't be gone in another decade. Really it's just not worth the effort when you have similar games that run better netcode and actually are built around PvP.

I'll give you the better net code part, but for me at least it's the pvp that brings me back occasionally. Even though the combat is not that difficult, and unbalanced it's great fun. Until somebody uses TWoP then shit gets real.

Since we are talking about the multiplayer I want a covenant that when it invades it takes control of enemy units, and bosses. It would be great if Ornstein, and Smough were being controlled by players.

I can only see that working out poorly. There's no guarantee a player would know what they're doing, meaning an easy boss fight for the host. And if the player did know what they were doing, each boss would have to be limited to accommodate player control and make sure it wasn't possible for the invader to completely shut down the host with a certain exploitable strategy.

Oh it would be a clusterfuck for the devs at first that's for sure. It's mostly just a pipe dream because it would take a lot of work to implement properly. You couldn't say have the dragon god be controlled by a player honestly. Not without massive changes.

Hey fags I am on DeS right now. North american version if anyone wants to play. I usually try to invade so it will be easier to get that pure white tendency.

The sixth archstone is DaS.

OP, please made better OPs in the future. This one is just garbage.

but the thread itself isn't really that bad, which is a good thing.
personally I'm starting to warm up to DaS3 because unlike past games it is much more consistent in quality and the character creator gives me more options to go full autism.

Yeah, this thread was shit for a while there. Glad it recovered.

when it has world tendency and unlimited heals? nah

World tendency was a fun system.

nah

wouldnt be a big deal if it was easy to manipulate it, but the way it is, you want white AND black for some areas, which makes it extremely tedious if you want the items, miyazaki experimented too much, the whole summoning system was a social experiment, he said so himself

This isn't really a positive point.

It's not that tedious as long as you don't die in body form. Pure White it then suicide to Pure Black.

It was too rigid and too easy to game by suiciding in the Nexus, but having more permanent consequences to death was nice and world tendency events were a lot of fun.

its like youre entirely new to imageboards user

my dick>your ass