Fallout: New Vegas thread

Anyone else prefer to put items on display instead of stored in a container?

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Monorail_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are you playing on, fam?

A toaster. I'm glad I can play FNV at all.

It's not that bad if you're used to it.

That sounds autistic

No, because then they might accidentally clip through the floor or walls when I walk past them.The poorly optimized dynamic havok engine will launch them so fast that they will get qpu misaligned.

The Abandoned BoS Bunker is a shitty player home considering where it's located.

I used to have a screenshot of my Sink where I stored all my weapons neatly on a wall but its gone so have a bunch of dialogue instead

Are you one of those no-fast travel folks?

Also because of how saving works in this game, if you continue doing this you'd inflate the size of saves I think

There's something comfy about shitty graphics and I can't explain why
Maybe it's just nostalgia, or maybe I have brain problems

Sometimes I'll deliberately turn effects down for a while then crank them right up. I remember doing this playing games on snes9x with the sound quality. The Zog battle in Breath of Fire sounded amazing after doing that.
I notice the effect after playing Hero 3D in Iji.

Fast travel defeats the purpose of having an open world tbh.

Having to travel long distances over and over again gets old fast, but I understand if you're the kind of person is comforted by long repetitive tasks.

I've never ever fast travelled myself, it removes a large part of managing your resources such as ammo and health along the way

Shit, I'm busted

None of those things are scarce enough to need managing, especially in Shitesda-esque "open world"

It transforms the game into something else
Now if a quest asks me to cross the entire fucking map I can't just teleport to the closest place and be there in no time.

You need to if you're playing with the JE Sawyer mod, Because your backpack is way more limited and you can't carry the arsenal you usually carry in the vanilla game

Probably nostalgia, yeah. If you enjoy making your modern vidya look like PS2-era games, and get to run them on significantly worse hardware while maintaining a playable framerate as a nice bonus, more power to you.

I disagree. To me, walking everywhere is actually easier (with guns/energy weapons) than fast traveling, since you gain so much more fucking experience by stealth sniping every enemy you see in a couple hundred yard radius as you travel that you level like crazy. Experience is the most valuable resource since you become exponentially more powerful as you level and unlock ridiculous perks, so ammo/curatives are merely things that you turn into more experience.

yes

I think it has an effect of making the game look less serious, so you take it less seriously and allow yourself to have more fun.

Am I an adult? Yes.

sorta, the best fun is when you take obvious not serious stuff extremely seriously

Are there any good quest/dlc-like mods?

Now do it again unarmed

Unarmed is only fun in 1 and 2. Plays like shit and is boring as fuck in 3 and NV.

Try Project Brazil

by my experience these usually are the worst of the lot

now i tried a throwing weapons+explosives+melee playthrough and i thought that was stretching it thin as it were

Considering Autumn Leaves had chunks ripped whole cloth and then sold as Fallout 4 DLC, I wouldn't say quest adding mods are bad.

The some guy series is pretty good.

DO THE IMPOSSIBLE

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWA

Isn't NV supposed to have good writing? These lines do not demonstrate that.

It does have good writing. But it's also a game where you can get fist fucked by a robot and say you weren't even satisfied.

It adds another layer of depth to the game and helps to find new things you've never noticed before as you're constantly travelling. It also makes gimmicks like the landstrider, carriages or whatever fast travel gimmick you install far more useful. Like DDDA pre-infinity portstone, the limited uses or certain conditions for fast travel makes the game feel larger and immersive due to the challenges of prepping for long distances or moving through dangerous areas to get to a task.

Someguy series
Open Waters quest mod and its second part an anatomy of disaster
Slavetown, though its unfinished

I'm sure theres plenty more, quest mods never get the credit they often deserve as people just down load weapon or clothing mods and dont bother with the quests for some odd reason.

I really hate how vanilla FNV has no alternative transport methods. In a game like Morrowind it makes sense not to fast travel (hell, you aren't even able to!) because you have boats and silt striders.

What would be fitting transport methods for FNV? I think handcars on rails would be neat. I personally can't see motor vehicles working considering how bad the roads are.

IIRC if you join NRC and do something for their trains, I don't remember the exact same quest, you can get a fast travel from one of NRC centers to New Vegas. I don't remember anything else like this though

I had the house.in Megaton fully customized with learning books on the workbench, food in the kitchen, weapons and items in display in the shelves…

Also, in Whiterun, in Skyrim; I had food all over the table, and skulls, witch heads and golem engines all over the place

I don't think that's in the vanilla game. I think you're thinking of a part in the Tale of Two Wastelands mod. There was going to be some train related stuff in Van Buren too.

Come on, user.

Yes it is, it's an alternative way into New Vegas if you can't get a fake pass or buy a real one. fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Monorail_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

I was thinking of actual trains, not monorails. But I did forget that was in the game, so my bad.

The last 2 pics are out of context and are from OWB dlc. It has pretty good writing. Lonesome Road probably has the worst. It's WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS

Autumn Leaves is great. It's a pure story mod, though.

Project Brazil never ever

I learned my lesson from Oblivion not to waste time on meticulously placing items in Bethesda games lest you so much as look at an item the wrong way and everything goes fucking flying or falling through the floor or some bullshit engine bug.