Drakengard

Reminder that this fucker is still alive

Nice template thread, post the yaoi now.
I want to see him getting fucked in the ass.

Reminder the franchise is now normalfag shit.

Post comic plox.

Why?

Because the franchise is has been flooded with casuals who were lured into Automata by Platinum and now "totally love wacky meme man Yoko Taro! XD", despite never having touched any of his previous works and base all of their knowledge off of some E-celeb faggot's 10 minute recap video.

Oh I touched some of his works all right
There you fucking go.
Bayo1 is still pinnacle of action games.

You sound like some sort of hipster faggot, deal with it nerd.

There really isn't as many normalfags as you'd imagine.

Last I saw Automata was getting made fun of for being pedo weeb shit.

Same as Dragon's Crown treatment? I can't even get mad at this.

The gameplay is shit for all the Drakengard games and you cannot deny that without being a hipster try hard faggot

I couldn't get myself to finish Drakengard, it should have been a VN.

Same. People try to play it off as Yoko having boring, monotonous gameplay as a way to fit the tone of the game which is sad. I honestly hope they get remade and overhauled in a massive Drakengard/Nier overhaul. Or at least they get a very good synopsis or VN made for the rumored Nier remaster

Well I personally think that Nier doesn't need complete combat rework.
Just making other party members playable for subsequent playthroughs like in Automata would be good. And straight up fast travel between save points. Fuck that boat, just explain it as some ancient magic/tech and be done with it.

You're right, Nier is fine as is minus a few things. I meant just the Drakengard games.

Fuck you, I liked it and so did all the oldfags. If you don't, then go play your flashy shit while I'll play my frustrating slog.

By all means, please do.

Well if you genuinely like Drakengard try Dynasty Warriors 4/5 or Panzer Dragoon sometime, you should be surprised.

I might take a look at DW. I have my copy of Panzer Dragoon sitting right here.

Well on foot part was forced by development team because of insane popularity of DW franchise at the time. So if you liked those, you might as well become musoufag. It's never too late.

never ever

Moonman specifically said that if Automata sells well they will make Nier re-release.
And it did.
Obviously it will be just HD release, not a real remake, hopefully with at least small QOA additions like warping and playable characters. And even if not, it's still fine, Nier is good game.

But that's where you're wrong kiddo.

How cute

You have decent taste, but it needs some improvements.

It's canon, it's just in a different branch of the timeline. All of its worldbuilding still counts.

If the frustrating slog is good gameplay, there's not an issue. It's musou tier like others have said. But it's not even good musou tier. The dragon selection are ok though

I'll give you that VJ2 is better than the first one. I've yet to play Silent Line or Last Raven.

Drakengard 3 was written better than Nier.

DMC is pretty old, and is not as accessible as post clover platinum games, but W101 is like the one of the closest conventional contenders. If you like VJ you MUST play W101.

What does it matter if gameplay is shit? I think that Drakengard 1 is still the best Taro's story to date. But the game is god awful.

I played W101 and it's nothing like VJ. Why do people keep on saying this about the game?

And let them take out the holiest of holy trolls in all of vidya? Get fucked.

Why is everyone who starts this discussion so fucking wrong every single time?

I played Drackgard 1 on emulator when I seen demo's review of 3 because as bad it looked it looked fun

DMC3 is not that old dumbshit, it still plays greatly.

After researching my balls off to understand the mess that is the Drakengard-Nier universe I must say I'm impressed how things connect in the most crazy, convoluted ways.

One thing that I'm having trouble with is what kind of humans fled to the moon after the alien invasion (because of all that Gestalt nonsense). Does Automata has any explanation for this?

they didn't

Reminder that this sweet prince who would do no evil is dead

Oh…
Okay…

It will never happen. Want to guess why?

real legit spoilers ahead

humanity fucking died. every single damn one. there's a server on the moon with information regarding the human genome and that's it, the moon colony is a lie made to give the androids something to fight for

TAKE A SUCK

FUCK A DUCK

the stupid dialogue didn't put me off, it was fucking zombies more than anything. i don't want to fight zombies anymore, i'm sick of fucking fighting zombies. chopping off a zombies head isn't as satisfying as chopping off the head of a spider-clan ninja who is trying to take your head as well

The actual game is a subpar musou with some of the worst bosses you've ever seen.
The first fight with Ryu, he's on a platform, you're on a far away platform. Ryu is shooting arrows at you every six years while you have to throw a few zombies at him until he gets stunned. Then you go through one of the game's on rails platforming sections(should I add you can't actually jump outside of these sections?) and then attack Ryu from above in a scripted QTE mash sequence. Ryu teleports away to another platform, guess what you should do for four or three more times? With the same exact QTE animation and button prompt? With only a slight gimmick change at the last try?
The one good part of the game is when you get Izuna dropped in a cutscene and it's shown to like do a nuclear explosion, and then it's a fucking cutscene anyways.

yeah i saw that in other footage, and could tell that was gonna be the case when they decided to use zombies anyway

Know what the best part is?
Comcept and Spark Unlimited worked on Ninja Gaiden Z so whether or not it was Team Ninja's sole fault is yet to be known.

team ninja itself might be able to rebound, razors edge was enjoyable and nioh was above average, but they keep making weird little mistakes keeping those games from their full potential

the chapter select mode in razors edge should be an industry fucking standard though, replaying with story elements stripped out is perfect for an action game

That was really gay.
I could honestly do without that in vidya.

>>>/out/

FUCK A CHICK

Oh, you're gonna love playing through Automata.