Games LITERALLY only you played

I'll start.
It's actually a great point-n-click game

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20130820151549/http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/08/15/the-struggles-of-marketing-the-gamecube/
mir2.mironline.co.kr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Give me one person in this thread who's played the game, I dare you.

You posted a video of someone else playing the game. There are videos of other people playing the game. You are not "literally" the only person to have ever played this game.

I am literally the only person to play the game in this thread ;^)

Get back to bed gramps

bad bait

I've got a couple of CDs full of shareware from the DOS/Windows 3.1 days. I'm the king of this garbage thread.

Post some of the games

Nope, not video games.

bye Reddit

I made a shit racing game in Alice a few years ago. Does that count?

Le irony

What do you expect to happen when you die, you want to die in real life too?

Post some screenshots.

My dude when I said years ago I meant 6th grade on a school computer. That program's long gone.

There was this old game I played back on my old Macs. It was called SCOUT or something, and you played as some alien. It was a puzzle game of sorts.
I can't find pictures/videos/mentions of it, and only ever bring it up in these threads in the hopes someone remembers it.

I've never seen another person mention this game, be it in real life or on the internet. I liked it.

Never saw anyone talking about it or any E-shop only niche games on the 3ds, I liked this one in particular.

I have never come across anyone else who played this, but I played every one of them multiple times.

It's been mentioned many times here

Such an underrated gem

But Suikoden is discussed here from time to time.

Windows 9 Solitaire

Speaking of macs

Are you literally me?

It was a two-in-one game with some Pac-Man knockoff but he was blue and a first-person Arkanoid. I've been looking for footage and asking people in threads like this if anyone knows what I'm talking about for like 4 years now and nadda. I got it at an Office Depot in a legit box so it wasn't some weird bootleg as far as I know.

Hold it right there fellow gamer, though I do agree that Fallout 4 is a vastly underrated instant classic masterpiece, this is a thread for games only you've played. Fallout 4 is an amazing game and as such millions of people have enjoyed it.

fuck didn't mean to sage

Try beating this one, faggots.

What can I say, it's just fucking awesome, and I'm the only one on this site who played it.

Reddit don't need to apply.

Mega?

Don't have it, sorry. If I recall correctly, the game only got translated to english many, many years after release by fans, and as a result isn't easy to find nowadays. If you asked some RU user, he could probably find it on russian torrents, but I have no idea where you'd get an english translation or whether it'd work.

Unfinished homemade games that I tossed after a while and lost the source code for, so absolutely no one else has ever had the opportunity to play them unless the NSA backed up copies through hardware or software backdoors.
Checkmate.

What about the HTML games my math teacher made in his free time that only I played because I asked?

He probably playtested them before you.

Dreams was something else, it was so imaginative and weird yet it still kind of sucked. I miss the days when games like this were more common, unique setting and concepts that while not always delivering in their implementation always tried.

Didn't you preorder 10 copies of NMS? Newfags get out! :^)

I'll have a look around for it, but he's not wrong about how hard it is to find.

Fuck you nigger, I played Outwars and beat it.

It's a cross between Psychonauts and Nights, a real dream like game. Imprecise and buggy, but I loved the art direction and weird as fuck music.

Still the most faithful version of Starship Troopers' mobile suits.

Dreams is a third person brawler where you can fly. Shitty collision detection and punishing difficulty makes it hardly a masterpiece. But it's in another league compared to a shitty minecraft clone which was promising the universe.

Okay, found it.
There's Heath: The Unchosen Path, which is the first in the series.
That's called GoldenLand outside Russia.
Then there's GoldenLand 2 and an expansion pack called Cold Heaven.

I can't track down an English translation at all. Everyone says it never got a translation at all.
Apparently there's a lot of plot and the Russian text is already badly written.

Still want me to find a seeded copy? English nevar evar.

It was just a prank, bro.

when my elementary school got new iMacs, this was preloaded on there. our computer class turned into everyone playing Bugdom for an hour.

Are oyu sure? I had the impresion it was the second one that was called golden land

Can't read russian. But check if it's exactly the episode you played in the series, as

I would cream my pants if Holla Forums came out with a Baldurslike that actually tops Torment 2.

No, unless you're another Russian. Then yes, Sergey.

what in hell's name?

I did some reading, and apparently it was called Heath: The Unchosen Path in the English marketing, and by English I mean Spanish title translated to English, but the original Russian title was GoldenLand (In cyrillic), then the second game with the expansion is called GoldenLand 2.

Either way, neither have English translations from what I can find.

I haven't played it, I just enjoy hunting for obscure games for anons. It's a lot like a game for me. I rarely play the things I find for anons, but it's the thrill of the chase.

I looked up the screens and I've never played Heath: The Unchosen Path. So it must be the sequel. I attached some screens (sorry for shit quality) that seems to have english translation.

I speed ran this game once. My record was a little over 30 minutes.

Oh, perhaps it was only known as GoldenLand in not-Russia and only the Ruskies knew it as GoldenLand 2.

In that case, there may be English, as I was only searching for Heath.

Stop misusing the word literally faggot.

Is your name Anita by any chance?

It's a thing from Reddit. They overuse it all the time.

Come on user, first result in google.
Download link, pictures and synopsis.

Whoever uploaded the game fucked it up. Read the comments for tips to make it work right.

Have anyone else played Gift? It's a weird 3d platformer.

I searched around too and saw some fan attempts, but no full translation. Also, apparently, apart from being in Russian, the game was also translated to Czech and Spanish, so perhaps at least some anons could have fun with it.

It's possible. I played the Czech version, and recall the writing being pretty good - perhaps the czech translation team decided to make some improvements?

It was a lot more similar to the original Fallout than to Baldur's gate. I suppose the story wasn't as thrilling as in Fallout (classic "defeat the evil god"), but it had more content.

All I got were thumbnail pics, I'm stupid. I made it work, you only have to mount the CD, install and run from DOSBox

Yeah, that was Heath The Unchosen Path that was in Spanish and Czech. Apparently GoldenLand AKA GoldenLand 2 in Russia has a proper English release.

Still hunting for it, I'm just finding an user another game in the Share Thread right now.

You are like a child , insolent and brash :^)

i think you quoted the wrong post

I totally agree! This good chap should have dug just a tad deeper to uncover a truly underrated work of great craftsmanship, such as Fallout 3!

I wonder what the next catch-all adverb will be. In my life I've already gone through "practically", "fundamentally" and now "literally".

Oh, and also "virtually".

I remember practically, but don't recall fundamentally being used. Too many syllables for the masses.

I did, sorry

How do you think the game got a bunch of sequels if you were
LITERALLY
the only person who played it?

I literally just got doubles which literally confirm how stupud you are, fag

Basically yes.

checkm8

I think I found it
GoldenLand 2 (Rus) AKA GoldenLand (En) with the expansion, Cold Heaven.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e32aa5480bbb856974c0398e1beffbf265e28491

Everything appears to be in English. Unfortunately, I'm not on a computer that I am able to download and install programs on. Someone will have to take the chance for me.

That torrent also has Heath included, but as we've established, Heath has no English translation.

If someone downloads it and it's in Russian, try navigating the directories and finding a .ini or .cfg file and replacing "Russian" with "English", or "Rus" to "Eng" etc.

Stratosphere, pretty good game from '97 or so where you set up a floating island with guns and artillery and fly around fucking up other floating islands.

race war the game

Thank you, will report back when I have it.

My dad made it.

Wew, I finally found this game.
It's called S.C.Out.

Only took me 20-something years to find. Time to play it and realise it's complete trash and nothing like I recall.

A weird 3rd person (and 2nd person, you could watch yourself through a camera man who follows you around) action horror game.

Played that one too: interesting and flawed. From the same devs as Dreams to Reality.

It was good, when gaming could be experimental without having to talk about faggots and niggers.

Same designer as the original Alone in the Dark. Decent game, the reality show theme was pretty cool.

It's OK.

That game has been mentioned many times here satan.

I have never seen another English speaker that has played this game.

I remember when it was being discussed at a nintendo meeting as a halo killer - apparently reggie got up on stage and asked "Does anyone actually think this is going to be bigger than Halo?" and the room unanimously said yes.

I don't have a source on it, my memory is muddy but I may have read it on a board at one time. Don't take it as 100% fact.

That torrent is a combined installer for Golden Land 1 and 2. It's only in russian and I keep getting a CTD on startup. Tried messing around with windows compatibilities to no avail, it might also be a copy protection issue.

Most obscure Zelda clone?

It was a lot more cringeworthy at the time since it was being set up as a replacement for Perfect Dark Zero. I've never seen anyone hold a strong opinion about it after it released.

Every time I see you post this my hearts breaks a little, because I know you will just keep posting it forever, and every post is a reminder of your personal limbo you have created for yourself.

In this thread?
Easy…I'll just go back a while.

web.archive.org/web/20130820151549/http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/08/15/the-struggles-of-marketing-the-gamecube/
fourth paragraph after the third image.

I'll check it out as well. Maybe I'll figure it out

Not a masterpiece by any means but still loads of fun.

Got it on a CD from a polish magazine 13 years ago or so. Barely anything said about it on the internet.

might as well ask here
DOES ANYONE remember a 2D sidescroller game with some sort of kirby like slime (maybe without legs) that you control and you can shoot out eggs or some shit with zigzags decor on them

What console/computer?

I have two sealed copies i bought at goodwill. you are correct user. Good call

computer, i think it was freeware? it was on a cd from some pc mag.
there was bossfights in it and shit as well

Alright, I installed Goldenland 2 without issues and can run it, but it's in Russian. I'll see if I can change it to some other language

Is there an english translation of it?

I played that and liked it for whatever reason. Had a nice intro track.

What a pozzed game

Alright, I can play the game without issues, but it seems the language cannot be easily changed - the .ini file only contains keyboard bindings. After searching for a bit, it seems the localisation is in the sdb.pak file, and that it's ONLY russian. You'd have to find a sdb.pak of some other language to change it. RU user, have you found the game in some other language? ANY other language? I'll be glad for a Czech version, or any other. Cyrillic displays as gibberish on my computer.

Fuck yes, I found a several years old download link on a czech warez forum, and the link is actually still live. This should be the czech version (a language I know). I'll try seeing if I can somehow change the language from that

dat ass tho

Playing as the final boss in multiplayer was awesome.

this

unfortunately, the language really cannot be changed. So, so far we only got russian and czech versions.

It seems possible, txt-to-sdb converter is needed, then translated texts can be pak'ed back to be used in game, i hope.

…it's a russian fairytale tradition to have shit inside shit inside another shit in a middle of fucking nowhere…
i mean, there is BurutCT altered .pak, that contain all game text it .sdb files, that need to be converted to txt to be altered. and all of that back to try to see them in game.

I should of mentioned when I posted the links, that there was a partial translation, but it was some retard who was editing the Czech version to English by playing the Russian version, using 3 online translators, then hexediting the sdb, which meant the file had to be the same number of bytes, leading to butchered text.

Apparently there's a Spanish sdb of the 2nd game.

A shitty MMO called Legend Of Mir I used to play as a kid with my brother. Apparently it was huge in chink countries at time but faded into obscurity. Fuck man the in game chimes and menu sounds are still burned into my brain

It is still doing well in Korea even today. DFO might (or i think is) be the biggest case because nobody have heard about it outside asia while it is the most played MMORPG in Korean and China (far more players than WoW

Yeah, I saw that forum too. He gave up whining about how the russian text has bad writing, but I'm playing through the czech version right now, and it seems that what he actually meant is that the grammar there is fucked. The story and dialogues tend to be written well (and hilarious. I'm losing my sides over some of the idle chatter with generic NPCs) style and story-wise, but the syntax is sometimes fucked.

possibly, but you'd need someone to go and translate it all. Seeing as how the game can easily take 100+ hours on a regular playthrough, that's a shitload of text.

Interestingly enough, however, I read that the game was intended to be released in the west, but then the deal with their western publisher got cancelled. Supposedly, they had the majority of the game already translated, even giving sneak peeks to various reviewers (which explains the english screenshots from earlier). Perhaps Burut still has it.

Jesus I wasn't aware it was still fucking going. There was a few western servers (I remember there used to be a guy who would play it live on TV and PvP with people and shit) but they weren't nearly as popular as they were in China/Korea and didn't really last long from what I recall.

I never played it but i do know that it was one of the first MMOARPGs that existed mir2.mironline.co.kr MU Online is a similar game that is also still getting new content today

Anyway if you google Mir 2 you will find links to several private servers if you wanna try it again. I might even try it just to see what a very oldschool korean grind MMORPG looks like since those games dont even come out in Korea anymore (even modern korean games are all about the endgame)

Neat, how's it compared to Carrier Command or Hostile Waters?

'Hey, you liked Battlecry right? How about an FPS?'

I've tried to have threads about it before, apparently Holla Forums has never played it.
I fucking love it

The PSP was a terrible system for a first person shooter.

wwwwwwww

I played it. It's OK on PPSSPP so the controls are moderately playable.

I own the game. It was fun, albeit clunky. I played multiplayer with my sister. Wish we had more people.

Really far ahead of it's time in terms of development. Was watching a let's play recently and was amazed how well the game held up.

Demise is fucking great! Still has a decent MP playerbase too.