GameStop Closing 150 Stores

Gamestop Closing 150 Stores Amid Sales Decline

archive.is/tt7Dl

Other urls found in this thread:

store.playstation.com/#!/nl-nl/games/steinsgate-0/cid=EP4293-CUSA05866_00-STEINSGATEZEROP4
youtube.com/watch?v=cgS_hEmgAUM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Copy
That

This sounds like time for a celebration

Hopefully no anons work at Gamestop

GameStop has two stores in my area and both are full of shit employees.
glad to see justice is being served

I can't even remember the last game that I bought at Gamestop. It might have been Wrath of the Lich King on release which was eight years ago

Y'all posting in a dance thread now

They should be celebrating the hardest

OH YEAH, TIME TO PULL THE PLUG BABY

just 150 stores? how many stores do they have in the US?

Can't wait for them to crumble.

didn't Nintendo just do some exclusive deal with Gamestop for the Switch?

a shit ton probably.
I wouldnt really call it on life support or dead but thats interesting. I wonder why they are doing worse.

I haven't been back since my last horrific experience with the employees there
Doubt she got fired over it, fucking ridiculous

Wikipedo says 7117

Wait a minute shit I just realized something.
Imagine how many fucking games these niggers are going to destroy when they bite the bullet. There's going to be dumpsters full of discs snapped in half, and some of them might have actually been good.

Let's go

I invest a lot. If a company I'm invested in suddenly said "we're not going to be releasing our quarterly figures anymore" I would sell fucking everything I had in them as soon as possible.

Gamestop is not going to be around much longer, with the increase in digital purchases and online physical purchases. Nobody needs to go to one of their shitty stores for their games anymore.

Are you retarded? They are gonna sell them to some other franchise.

CONGRATULATIONS

This edit trigger me so fucking hard.
Her proportions are all wrong, the animation is wrong and shes so low res that she almost fits in with the blurry background.

Digital sales probably is a big factor. And for preorder fags they can often download a day or two before release and play immediately, rather than wait in a line.

Not just digital, people are just ordering stuff online, usually Amazon/Ebay.

Let's hope those franchises buy brand new unopened games for $0.10 on the dollar **Just like Gamestop does*

Maybe some of their brand new stuff but the used stuff and anything that would be more effort than it's worth is going straight into the dumpster. These people throw stuff away all the time if it doesn't fly off the shelves or at least they used to.

If I want an old ps3 game, chances are I can get it new on amazon for cheaper than gamestop.

How much of this was due to people not buying ME:facical animationdremeda? the bad performance of that title must have cost at least a thousand buys. What if EA has killed a retailer?

Good riddance. Gamestop was always a cancer.

I think it's mostly due to the vast amount of normalfags who buy their games digitally nowadays

It's not like they are dissapearing, there are still another 7k stores.

The article didn't mention anything about ME:A and I doubt that it really had that large of an effect on GameStop, although the timing is impeccable.

I made a point to mention GameStop's reliance on the Switch which, coupled with the rise of digital sales, seems to be the main culprit in the closings.

Yea they're doomed, who can survive on 3 billion.

Have we started the Game Crash?

No, normalfags just stopped driving to brick and mortar stores to buy games.

Not even close.

Once they become obsolete they are done. Just look at what happened to Blockbuster in less than a decade's time.

They didn't say quarterly figures, just predictions of upcoming quarterlies, unless investors use the term predictions to mean figures for the previous quarter.

Revenue has increased year on year, there is no game crash coming. a large part of the increase has come from paid online subscriptions

Good point. It's satisfying to see the fall of this preorder/exclusive DLC trash which GameStop is known for.

Unless they buyout or work exclusivly with GameFly then they're done, once streaming games become technologically viable then GS is really going to have to come up with something to compete.

While most of the Gamestops in my area are staffed by dudebro retards who don't even know when new systems are out, there's one not too far from my place in a really shitty neighborhood. It always has the latest shit in stock since the people who live near it probably can't afford gaming as a hobby. The clerks there are knowledgeable.and don't try to push the latest CoD preorder if they see you buying some obscure Japanese game. I would honestly be sad to see that particular location go because it's the only retailer anywhere near me that stocks Sony products anymore.

Finally some good news today.

What happens when the normalfag MOPs finally get bored of video games and other "nerd culture"?

good. What cancer will take its place?

Stop

How cute.
How does it feel to be a teenager?

I haven't bought a game from GameStop in years. Last time I did, they had a bunch of cute girls staffing the place. Sad that it's come to this.

muh dick

I bet they were laughing at you.

Niche market is unaffected
Main market is essentially unaffected since they mostly cash on whales with the idea that most are pirating their game anyway

What I would like to see it for the niche market become completely decoupled from the shit market.

If you go niche enough, it already is.

The EBGames near me(when it still existed) had a few women working there. Mostly teenage-college age stacies who didn't even know what garbage they were trying to peddle.

>going to move enough units to break even, let alone fucking draw people into fucking GAME

I thought I would have this problem buying Senran Kagura but problem hair was talking about how much she loved Oneechanbara.

The only reason to go to Gamestop is to rent a used game. As in buy and it and return it before the end of your week long grace period.

PERFECT

Looks like those cocksuckers are hurtin' hard. Soon they will go the way of Blockbuster.

Oh boy! That reminds me, I'm gonna try fapping to this. Wish me luck!

Best news I've heard all week

Yes but people are buying digitally now and using amazon. Only until I see a report of digital sales dropping 12% will I be happy.

well looks like the gamestop

The curse has finally come to fruition

Not all of us here are unattractive or incapable of social interaction. But even the ones who are didn't have to put up with having tumblrcunts screaming at them for buying certain games.

I never really have a bad time at FUCKING GAMESTOP because of the employees, just company policy.

I love Frozen Cereal

I fuckign hate this webm so much. why does it get posted so much? the dancing is completely off with the beat

It will take more then just declining sales to truly kill them.

The kind of people that work there are people you would never like to know outside of the store, is what I found.

yes we need a final solution

Just as long as my local Gamestop doesn't close before I can get Persona 5.

I've never actually had a bad experience with a GameStop store, but I just don't see the point anymore in ever going to one.

If there's a new game I want to buy, I can get it on release day from Amazon without ever having to set foot in a store, and it'll probably be cheaper on Amazon anyway. If there's a game I want that's not new, it's probably for a very old system, which means that GameStop won't carry it. Even if they did, none of the people who worked on the game will get any of my money for a used copy, so there goes the one single moral reason I have for actually paying for any video game, and at that point why not just pirate it?

The only reason I have to go to my local GameStop now is if some asshole drags me to the mall and I have nothing else to do while they're off doing their shopping. I don't see how the store can possibly maintain relevance nowadays, though apparently it's still doing enough business to not go bankrupt.

Yeah amazon has actually put me back on buying physical console games they're just fucking cheaper with the prime discount. Especially here in Canada where a new game is 90$ now. With the Prime discount games are back to the price they were before our dollar got cucked.

I hope people don't see this a triumph of digital distribution. Steam is so cancerous.

Steam has a lot of fucking problems but it at least lets you get your money back for a shit game so it's leagues beyond all brick and mortar stores.

What a shame.
Game retail stores are like magnets to cute 18 year old nerdy boys. So many cute aspergers Holla Forums boys trying to give their honest opinions while also trying to sound professional.
There's just no niche at all for them to fill. The only thing I could think of is if they transitioned into a kind of half arcade half retail store thing but even lan cafes are tanking so they just have no where to go.
I can't think of a single product or service you can get from a brick and mortar store that the average person wouldn't rather get online. Even meme merchandise which has been the life support for these stores based on how much floor space they devote to it, is better bought online. They are just totally irrelevant.

Well there are basically three ways to see it. Physical is declining so maybe gamestop will be encouraged to actually fucking try and compete in a capitalist system so they'll get better, or physical is simply dead which means most consoles will lose relevancy and we may have less braindead casuals in our midst, or shipping companies like amazon are gonna swoop in to replace game retailers which is fine by me because amazon is by and large a better company than kikestop. Gamestop's death seems good all around to me. Also, while steam and valve are kikes, the problem is the user base who begs to be shit on, which is more of a problem with gamers as a whole, they have no quality control and will bend over to the most inane and terribly anti consumer practices.

Now Best Buy needs to close some stories. I can't wait for the day Best Buy and GameStop finally goes out of business.

This has been a long time coming. Maybe being shady and sleazy with some business practices while treating your employees like complete shit aren't good things to do.

It's not just publishers. People (including newfags) are sick of incomplete games with sjw-leftist bullshit in their games (ME: Andromeda, SFV, etc.).

I did. It fucking sucked as usual. I hope the place I worked at closed even though it's the only thing that gave my neighborhood any business…somehow (I lived near old, rich Jews who don't even care about video games, but had their bratty grandkids over).

My last purchase was some dumb Buylander shit before I found out how sleazy Kotick was with the game, but Mists of Pandaria was my last reserve and midnight release. Despite being there a few hours before release, the store treated me like shit over not having a recepit, making me wait to get the fucking game I fully paid for. Fuck them.

When was this announced? Last thing I heard was they tried to be less anal about reserves after the owners i Texas realized it's a bitch to get reserves and subs.

If the Switch is gonna be another Wii and Wii-U (lots of sales from casuals and Nintendrones, more trade-ins because casuals realized the Switch was another fucking waste-of-money gimmick), they're screwed.

I met a few who gave a fuck about video games, but laughed at you for niche stuff.

A twitter that tries to rip-off the Sonic twitter?

fuck off, queer

I even spoilered it for you user.

If the switch takes off as much as they're expecting it would probably be a good idea for them to use their stores as LAN hangout spots. Like you can show up and play Splatoon 2 with other people. Actually a fucking restaurant or bar should do this they can make money selling you snacks and drinks and stuff. Even stock some popular games if someone shows up and wants to buy it without having to wait to download it. Gamestops don't have the room for this their stores are all tiny as hell.

>am 18
>work at a GameStop
>there's an user out there who finds me sexually attractive
I don't like this

Mom and pop stores surge, when?

Never, those days are long gone. It's too easy to monetize everything into one store.

There are two next to my house, butt hey always have the most hipster looking faggots there, but that might just be because it's in seattle

An oversimplification, user. Or idealistic thinking. Game publishers are tired of giving GAME 20-30% of their profits from retail costs, so they're increasingly turning toward shit like Steam or, where possible, their own solution (Origin, uPlay), or third parties. (Humble Bundle, etc.)

While this is happening, two other important things are occurring in the background:

1. The AAA field is shrinking like crazy because the profit margins for those kinds of games are stretched to the point of being razor thin. One bad title can sink a whole studio at this point.

2. Entertainment media is being increasingly delivered through digital means instead of physical ones.

This isn't a rejection of games based on them being shit. This is GameStop dying for the same reason that Books-a-Million and Barnes and Nobel are. But death is death and I'm happy it's all turning to ash.

Actually mom and pop stores actually are having a bit of a resurgence since anyone who just wants a fast faceless purchase is now served online. The only people actually going to stores are people who need knowledgeable employees to help them or are otherwise looking for a friendly face. This is for general stores and only really in big cities though I don't think mom and pop game stores have really had any kind of growth.

Reminds me that I really should buy something form PlayNTrade one of these days. On another note, I'm glad that I took some GC games before they shot up in price, shame that that the same could not be said for PSO 1&2 and SSBM

I hope this doesn't end badly for us.

It might work specifically because Nintendo is aimed at the fraction of society which isn't playing multiplayer online, old people and kids.
But food and games are difficult to put together from the start because of the food on the equipment issue.
Not to mention the business side, game-time has very little value relative to the value of the product itself. It comes to somewhere between 50 cents and a dollar per hour. You can't make money from the videogame part if you're charging anywhere near that. You'd have to couple the videogames and food very tightly so you can guarantee people who come to play the games will also pay for food which you can make money off of.

Come on user tell me more about how you thought Destiny was shit in the nicest words you can think of

You know your business is about to die when it depends on the success of the Switch

This pleases me

Of course the digital route caused more damage than shitty AAA titles, but those triple A titles are putting a dent on GAME to some extent. GAME tried to hype the shit out of shit games like ME:A, SFV, and even Mighty Number 9 when the drama worsened, and you can only con so many suckers.

Selling it won't be their problem because Nintendrones like Dobson and Chris Chan will buy it due to nostalgia and shit. The problem will be not getting a surplus amount of pre-owned Switches in months after these sales end.

NeoGaF isn't going anywhere unless I missed something. The sjws are still keeping that site alive.

Well I don't think they really should charge for game time I mean it's a switch people will just be bringing in their own machine. The business would essentially be more like a bar that was built to allow people to bring in their own shit and socialize around video games maybe even allow a board game session. Maybe they could have some arcade cabinets as well but it wouldn't really a be a focus of the place and they are costly to maintain. The only issue is power people will want to plug in their shit which could really eat into your revenue. I do think something like this could work in the west. My entire university was kind of built like this since every student had a laptop provided to them as part of their tuition. Everywhere had comfy lounge areas with plugs and ethernet outlets. My friends and I would regularly hang out in the school building long after class playing games and stuff. We also were not the only people doing this.

I knew people like you would show up. They're merely cutting, it's not the end of the line yet,I want to believe

They feed off the attention.

Your town done broke the poor girl; that or she's part of the last group who used dyed hair to be different.

Once Nintendo gets stuff like Youtube and Netflix on the Switch I can actually see a market for it. I mean it's essentially an inexpensive tablet built for video games and it's surprisingly sturdy so kids can bang it around a bit. Nearly every middle-class child now has a fucking tablet one that is competitively priced and has a curated store for children definitely has an exploitable market. Whether or not Nintendo can appeal to the market though is another matter entirely though.

I pirate games anyway, and with PC games being DRM digital shit and consoles looking to go to that, killing physical unrestricted games totally, Gamestop was on its last legs to start with.

Last times I went in it was a massive pile of what must have been 500 of those Funko Pop toys. Toys that would be neat at $3 each, but they want $10-$13 apiece. Marvel Legends crap I can get cheaper at Walmart. Figma imports that cost $20 more than I can buy them on eBay or Amazon. Novelty crap they can't sell at clearance prices.

Oh and there's that shit they pull unboxing new games to sell as used at higher prices and lots of other scummy tactics. It's what I expect from a store that lowballs on trade values and sells used games for an 800% markup.

In 3 years the entire chain will be out of business because they'll have nothing to sell. 50% of the floor space currently looks like a Toys R Us anyway.

Gee, I wonder what will occupy the space once it closes?

The gamestops near me are tiny, I can only see cig stores poppinh up where Gamestop leaves.

Word is the first few batches are pretty unstable, and there will always be better tablets out there. No one out of fools is gonna buy a Switch as a tablet.

discount costume stores as usual

For themselves of course, the thing doesn't even have a browser for fucks sake. However a parent buying it for their children could totally happen.

Gamestop's historically unsustainable big business trick of flooding brick and mortars to run local competition out of business coming to the inevitable conclusion, film at 11

I work at a classic game/toy/collectibles shop (mostly video games) and we actually put the nearby gamestop out of business. It's pretty incredible. I think one of the poorer moves we made was hiring a few ex gamestoppers because they are some remarkable dead weight. The idea is to have a pretty face up front that can talk vidya with customers but god damn the worst thing that can happen is when nobody is around, they will do nothing. It took months to train our current front end person to actually look around the store, replenish stock and clean up a little when the store is dead. Apparently this person was a manager at gamestop before being picked up by us.

Gamestop is shit but the people they produce don't do shit. worse yet, she plans to play mass effect 4 over nier automata

Pig disgusting.

Fire her ass and hire me pls I need a job I'll suck a dick if I have to

Even Andromeda doesn't look half as gay as nier.

I belong on 4chan, please bully me post

only if you're a pretty face

Because it's a new console, and last I checked, Switch is too new and the installbase is currently too small for Kikestop to be getting an ample supply of used Switch games/accessories.
Sounds like them just trying to bullshit investors.

at least make the filter better written, Mark. Really, Me over my? Are we pirates now?

I could be a pretty face
If I shaved

ARGG MATY

TAKE THE BROWN PILL

Also stop forcing the meme faggot

only if people make less disposable comments.

Why Best Buy? They've always done right by me. Between flipping trades during extra 50% trade weeks, the 20% GCU discount on new games, and $10 preorder reward certificates, and deep price drops, I paid next to nothing for a shitload of games this past holiday.

Their practices are worse than GameStop's, and getting anything from them is a joke.

Are physical format and videogame stores truly dead now?

Goodbye Goystop, I hardly went there.

Where is this? So I can go troll xer.

Good thing so far the female employees at my local GameStop stores have been at least nice if they are not cute. Damn that xer bitch.

GAMESTOP MORE LIKE GAYSTOP AMIRITE AHAHAHA

Oh man, I haven't seen that webm for awhile.f

Gearbox will not die unless they fuck up Borderlands

Or SEGA sends some guys out for Pansy Bitchfraud over the Borderlands 2 shit.

Isn't Gamestop just a pawnshop for niggers and paupers?

That one guy using it as a bank is probably feeling screwed over right now.

I'm surprised they've lasted this long. You can buy the same product in a second 10% cheaper on the internet. And not have a fat greasy fucker's fingers all over your 'new' game.

Digital continues to take a greater market share, and the used game market has been under continual assault with day-one dlc.

It would be funny to see who buys these shares.

Granted one is a tiny shop inside a tunnel, and the other is a bus ride away. But I get a nice variety of vidya from all gens.

People are buying it because

I fucked up but whatever because the op was 66 anyways

Steam takes a 30% cut from developers. It's a matter of convenience.

Oh shit.
Where am I supposed to buy Battletoads now?

gold & silver pawn shop

In other words, they're publicly stating that they're hiding the figures so that they can drag that investor money down into hell with them.

Every single investor who reads that sentence should pull all of their money out immediately and turn the company into a fucking husk.

Why would you go to Gamestop when you can get the same copy delievered to your door for a cheaper price?

Because of the churn of the video game consumer base, this is a highly unlikely scenario. People stop spending money on video games, but for every 1 that stops, 1.25 more start because of the expanding population. Video game consumer base is growing, rather than shrinking. And rather than be like the generation Xers that came before, the Millennial generation is choosing to instead stay plugged in. So there's less loss than there is gain.

There's not going to be a fucking crash, get it through your thick skull for the 90000th time.

When all those millennials' parents finally die, and they have to either become homeless or live in poverty commune shantytowns like the one that burned down a few months ago killing everyone inside, they won't be able to afford the vidya anymore.

Remember, millennials are all useless wastes of flesh without education, skill or adaptability. Without someone to leech off of, they're as good as dead.

You mean the generation of people who are literally becoming millionaires by independently making their own games, software, offering services online, being web designers, etc? All jobs that didn't exist 30 years ago, and there's more Millennials working these jobs than there are the older crowd.

The regressives are who you're thinking of, people who went to college because they were told from a young age that to be successful you must go to college, and that if you don't you will be a fucking loser who dies poor in an alley with jizz in your mouth. The same people who got told that any degree is better than no degree, which led to generations of women who took up gender, diversity, race, literature and language studies thinking that they too would be successful like their teachers (people who only have jobs because they teach those same disciplines that they teach), and it would be helping the world. Yeah, no, that doesn't apply to everyone in our generation, fuck ass.

I'm a millennial, I didn't go to college, I still work in software development and I'm independent. Oh wow, did I just burst your narrative about people without education, skill or adaptability? You are the prime example of someone who is pozzed. You were fed the bullshit idea that you would be a fucking loser and you would never make it in this world if you didn't go to college and put yourself in debt for the next 10 years for a piece of paper, saying that you have an education that your employer would then spend the next 5 years unteaching you so that you could be a useful member of society. Nobody who comes out of school is useful right away, it's a glaring issue. This coupled with the pyramid scheme that is social security, and old age pensions, is why an increasing retirement age is a thing. So we have an ever aging population of workers who don't retire because it's "not their time yet" because they don't realize the reason the retirement age is going up is not because you live longer, but because the Boomers are realizing THERE'S NOT ENOUGH MONEY IF YOU RETIRE, so they make YOU work longer so that they can enjoy money until they die, and then they don't have to worry about it anymore.

Meanwhile there's still a more than 70% of millennials who got work in technology because they grew up with technology, the SILENT MAJORITY. What you think is a major overwhelming problem is a VOCAL MINORITY. It's STILL A PROBLEM, but it's not as big a problem as liberals would want you to think it is, because the only people hurting for jobs is idiots who make themselves unemployable.

spoilering something just makes you more likely to read it. streisand effect and all that

You forget that we're talking about physical sales here. A physical copy of a $60 game is a split up not just between the publisher and the retailer, but also the platform holder if it's not a first-party title (Xbox, Sony, etc) and distributor (cost of packaging and moving the actual game copies). Even if Steam and other digital storefronts take the same margin as physical retailers, the rest of those $60 are going straight to the publisher.

This is why you're more likely to see sales for games on Steam than in GameStop. They sell games on Steam at 33% off and make just as much money as they do at GameStop.

ahahahaha you're a fucking moron, kid. What are you reading? Wired? Fast Company?
a dozen Jews' kids get rich and you think a whole generation is good for more than slinging lattes. Good one.

that's a nice euphemism for QA

b-but borderlands 2 was far more popular than the first game

I'm kind of 50/50 on this.
I feel like Gamestop's practice of selling you used games/accessories was actually a pretty good thing. It cuts the producer completely out of the picture and just feeds Gamestop.

I feel like if most physical video games stores close up we will see Steam like platforms arrive on consoles. Could you imagine a world where no physical games media existed ? It would be a EA/Activision/some other multimillion dollar corporations wet dream,

I just realized there are a ton of halloween stores. Why the fuck is that?

Yes, lots of people come in, sell their shitty phones, or tablets, or whatever shitty electronic they don't want anymore. But the store doesn't sell these. I don't know where that merch goes.

It also cuts out the developer, meaning buying a used game is a middle finger to the people who made it.

They just plop into unused retail space. Seasonal stores like that can operate on less because they don't need to put down roots.

So? Who gives a fuck about the developer?

Not so sure the loss of physical media is a good thing

Yeah, I get that. But here, there are huge warehouse stores open throughout the year. They can't possibly be doing good enough business all year round.

In these trying times, the dev hates the player, and the player hates the dev. Or the player is a fucking idiot.

It isn't.

Internet here in Holland is great but have you seen the European Playstation Store prices? It is always 20-30 euro more expensive than a physical store copy. Especially for niche weebshit.

store.playstation.com/#!/nl-nl/games/steinsgate-0/cid=EP4293-CUSA05866_00-STEINSGATEZEROP4

55 euro for Steins gate 0. That is the future digital cucks choose.

They already profited off of the first purchase, though. For a used copy to exist, it has to have been purchased and used.

people have less money to spend on entertainment these days. this isnt really a cause to celebrate

reminder that anime is NOT an Artform.

Im surprised they were kept alive for this long.

Seriously? The loss of Gamestop won't automatically cause a surge of local stores. This will just make the push to digital-only faster and even more inevitable. I've never had that much of a problem with my Gamestop, and the people who work there are cool guys.

Gamestop was retarded for killing their retro games market some years ago.
They just said "fuck it, we're not selling anything prior to PS1 even though we're still selling these fucking cartridges like hot cakes"

Think that's due to shelf space. However, there's so much space in the stores for useless crap like Funko Pops and FNAF merch, that could be used for retro displays.

Do people actually buy those? They are the ugliest figures I've ever seen.

(checked, praise kek)

Anyone working at gamestop is only there because they literally can't get any other job. Hope they all find something better once all the stores shut down.

I agree on that, but clearly people like them since they're still being made for fucking everything.

yeah well the game itself is physical property, I should be allowed to sell it to whoever I want if I don't want it anymore. Fuck the industries that tried to kill "first sale" doctrine a couple years ago. Fuck these assholes that want to make it illegal to repair your own possessions, too- bad enough the auto industry is trying that shit, and Nintendo is full of cunts who don't care about the consumer.

I do agree though, the publisher gets no money off those sales, so why even buy used games when you can just pirate them for free?

D-did I kill Gamestop?

I used to do that with VHS movies.

Not as bad as the guy who used it as a bank.

My grandparents had entire bookcases of VHS tapes they had recorded from Blockbuster rentals.

Not surprised. I don't know about others anons GameStop, but the one near me has been pushing for "geek" physical goods like figurines, in fact half the store is full of that type of stuff now instead of being just gamesto be honest, I like the change. You can tell they've been hurting for awhile.

Kek, does anyone have the image of user using Gamestop as a bank? Been a while since I've read it

My favorite Gamestop story.

All they had to do was sell Battletoads.

pretty much

Gamestop is just a step above a damn pawn shop.
= Long live Mom & Pop vidya stores! =

Last time a Gamestop closed near me I walked out with an armload of strategy guides they were gonna dump… and would've made off with a lot more if I'd known about it sooner. Anyone got a list of these locations what're shutting down? I seek to pick at a carcass.

unless you have a lot of gun owners in your state.

They should have done that awhile ago. I shouldn't have 3+ GameStops within a 10 mile radius. There's no way they aren't cannibalizing each other's sales to a significant degree.

There's two gamestops to the south of me that are literally 100 feet apart in the same shopping complex

I don't get why Holla Forums hates GameStop so much. For me a visit is usually just:

There's a qt brunette at the one I always go to, and last time I had pre-ordered the FFXII remake for PS4 which lead into her talking about XIV and how she's been trying to get her friends into it, so when I go to pick up KH 1.5+2.5 this Tuesday, if she's the one that's there, I'm probably gonna follow up on that and ask her how that's going, but other than that it's nowhere near as painful as this place makes it out to be.

I also have the Persona 5 Collector's Edition, Crash N. Sane Trilogy, and God of War 4 pre-ordered.

COPY THAT

Fuck gamestop and fuck you.

That's not good. We shit on Gamestop, but really they're the only thing keeping devs from going full anti-consumer and pushing for all digital (with the pricing of physical, of course) so they have total control over everything.

It ensures I get a shrink-wrapped copy and sometimes extra stuff, like the poster that came with Yakuza 0.

Also I want to fuck a catgirl.

I would berate you for the embed, but your digits have left me feeling generous

Doubtful, publishers cutting down titles' prices shortly after launch is nothing new, I remenber The Evil Within being 40% off on Steam the month after it launch.

The truth is simple: People don't buy most of AAA garbage. Sure, there's some titles they will buy, but just look at how much AAA garbage there is out every year, no normalfag would keep up with all that shit, which is why titles like Watch_Dogs and Rise of the Tomb Raider are 50% off shortly after launch and online titles like The Division keep e-mailing people begging them to keep playing to keep the illusion the game is super alive and not dead at all.

surprised no one posted this yet.

it must suck to be a gamestop employee.

how come Costanza was working in GameStop during Gen 6

are you prepared for a vicious loud monster that craps everywhere, will destroy all of your stuff with its beak and will probably outlive you?

I'd rather have a pet outlive me than spend 10-15 years getting really attached to something and losing it.

Who will take care of it after you die?

The EB Games I go to fucking sucks, there's this fat shithead who likes to mock the people there.

Stop going then. The people there will probably appreciate it.

Fucking Gamestop…

I don't recall any of this but my friend tells me and that I'm banned from store. Never went there before so whatever. I have no idea what it meant or what but I'm still glad it's shutting down.

Also, dance music :^)

user, are you the fat shithead?

No, I didn't fall for the "EB Games is hiring" meme

I haven't read something so cancerous in awhile. When did we start allowing normalfags that admit it so openly here?

Trust me, it's cheaper to destroy the material and dump the shit into the garbage. Destroying the discs is primarily to prevent people taking things directly from the garbage. Just like libraries, they don't preserve books that don't sell and pretty much just leaves it to rot in a pile somewhere if they got sued otherwise they just destroy the books because nobody reads or rents or buys books anymore.

Too true. I hate the shit out of best buy. Not for their stores, because they have a decent collection when I don't feel like ordering something online.

I despise their loss prevention staff. Every best buy I've gone to has had a fat yellow shirted sperg weezing at each entrance trying to stare me and other customers down like they're some baddass PMC. Having to deal with that attitude every time I go in gets old real quick.

Secondly, who can forget them having the company policy of checking everyone's receipts because treating your customers who give you money like they are dirty thieving bastards until proven otherwise isn't the most healthy business initiative especially when you relegate those duties to the yellow rent-a-cops posted at every exit.

Roger
Wilco

Retail is dying.
Libraries are dying.

What do we get in return? Oh I know ANOTHER FUCKING HIPSTER GAY ASS COFFEE BAR LOUNGE PLACE. How do these places keep in business since shopping foot traffic is declining?

Tell me about it, I just checked, Yakuza 5 on PSN STILL costs more than brand new AAA garbage game on launch here. Fucking EU, at least I'm from Slavshit EU so I don't have to deal with niggers and mudshits in my life.

they don't, a new one just takes its place within half a year.

Same situation here, only it's shitty dive bars instead of hipster coffee shops. In the past 5 years in my town there's only 2 bars which stayed in business (also surprise, they're not shitty dive bars). All other bars never change location, just the bar name and owner. I don't know what those retards think, probably that a shit looking bar at a shit location which looks and feels like a dude's basement which has made more people go out of business than the amount of actual customers they've attracted will somehow be a success because they think they can somehow turn it around.

Oh, I can understand that. That is annoying, but I haven't had to deal with it in forever. I live two blocks away from my local BB, and go in there so much they know me so I never get checked.

Fuck off.

Money laundering.

Copy that, Hitler.

Virtually all game developers need to be bankrupt—-and out of the ashes shall arise… GOOD GAMES AGAIN

There's a actual niche gaming store in my town that has a pretty good selection. The only downside is that they do their research, so have fun paying $120 for Arc the Lad for the PSX.

Retail is dying but digital sucks and all your shit can dissapear at any moment, fuck.

if only there were places you could buy physical copies online

I know, what a bummer that no place like that exists.

Was it really like that?
Companies want to make profits no matter what. I don't see how a profitable market would be killed like that.

Where I live I think Arc the Lad Collection is still maybe $60 or so.

I'm rather partial to the pigeon one.

GameStop closing down means the end of another piece of shit tied with the 7th Gen cancer.
This is nothing but good news

They don't. In my city most of those places flop in a year or so, it's just they're instantly replaced by the next trust fund kiddie/Long Island yuppie that thinks a successful coffee shop opens at 11am and serves organic coffee and soy milk for $5+ a cup. The cycle repeats, usually with some beautiful social media meltdowns from the business account.
Eventually an arab buys the spot and turns it into another cornerstore that sells cheap snacks, malt liquor, loose cigarettes, and blunt wraps. Those businesses stick around indefinitely because of college cunts and niggers.

I hope this is real.

>Routine is launching soon

i don't know what i did to get to such a great timeline finally but goddamn it feels good

Of course it isn't. Gamestop giving some one a discount. Come on

Bioware dying is meaningless if EA is still alive and kicking

Not many choice cuts left of worthwhile devs for EA to fill their refrigerator back up.

Something Awful will die first.

also…

Good, Gamestop's past is finally catching up with them. Fuck em. Fuck them for killing Funcoland and being all around retarded, i still remember the first time i walked into a gamestop proper when they converted it from a Funcoland, PS1 games all over the floor and any N64 game worth a fuck was 34.99-54.99 for just the fucking cart.

Fixed. I personally dread the day when game publishers finally do away with the concept of getting a product with your money so they could charge you full retail price for a digital license and then retain most of the money.

US PSN is also a lot more expensive than physical copies after a while, barring sales; I doubt it's just a regional issue. Some companies don't see much reason to start slowly permanently dropping the prices on games as time passes after they come out; even moreso if they don't have physical copies to compete against in the first place.

For example, Tales of Zestiria for the PS3 is STILL a full $50 on the US PSN (same price I think it was on release; might have been $60 had it been not such a late game on the system) a year and half after western launch. Even FUCKING GAMESTOP asks $20 less than Namco themselves are (hell, the PS4 version is actually cheaper than the PS3 one). I got my own copy for $6 complete elsewhere (was marked at $12 but I got half off discount). Anyhow, point is, I'm not sure what some of these companies are thinking, and even less sure what people that opt to still buy them digitally at such prices are thinking either.

Time to trade in my gamer gunk.

I worked there like a decade ago, we didn't destroy shit… we just took it.

still waiting for mail/website-order physical copies of games to come back

Is Gamestop the new RadioShack?

You'd be surprised how many stores tell their employees to capitulate and just give them what they want so they'll leave if they think someone's dangerous.

Who is this where when how I think im in love.

Yep I'm not poor I guess but there's no way I will pay full price for a year old game. The problem with digital is that there's simply NO REASON to lower the price. It doesn't take up any inventory space. You can just keep up the game on the PlayStation store servers for a sale price of $€50 indefinitely at almost no cost.

And with consoles there's only one digital store, Sony has no competition either.

Feels good not being a consolefag that supported a cancerous fucking company for more than a decade.

a goofy, but incredibly hot girl in her late teens
Russian high school
judging by video quality and portrait orientation - post-iPhone years, I'd say well within this decade
school's boring, she wanted to have some fun
well at least she's real

As if steam or any of the other trash the peacuck mustard race peddles isn't any less cancerous. Least gamestop is just one store.

I don't understand.
Do people still go to Gamestop or something? Why is this news?

so you're too selfish to own a pet, got it

Top cuck

S-sauce?
I've been looking for this porn and its sister for countless years

I may have missed something but what does Holla Forums have against gamestop? Last I check it was just a brick and mortar store fro games that ripped you off if you sold games to them.

sure there are, they will just buy out CD Projekt RED or some other studio that isn't total shit and then run it in to the ground

A-user, please don't tease me, I meant the cum conquistador

Its a model from that MMD typr of thing.
Theres bound to be a database of some sorts where you can find the model and/or the artist.
I don't know any of them, maybe the Jewtube weeaboos know something, check the comments.
If you'rr expecting the spoon everytime someone posts something you've came here with the wrong idea.

There's no difference between her being real or not.
user's never ever gonna meet her, just as I will never ever meet a 2D waifu.

Give up, she's in russia so she's probably been fucked by 20 dudes by this point.

this. every single job i've ever had where you deal with the public i've been told "if you think they're dangerous, give them what they want. we're insured and can replace anything. it's not worth getting hurt or killed over"

copy dat
youtube.com/watch?v=cgS_hEmgAUM