Wizard games

Give me some games where you are a wizard. Especially if magic is your primary form of attack. If there is something Order of Ecclesia did right, then it's that. All your skills are based around magic and you are generally speaking, quite squishy.

Dragon's Dogma
Dark Messiah
Might and Magic
Wizardry

Magicka does it in a neat way

Tales of games especially ToD2.

I also should have replied to you saying Dragon's Dogma is where you can have the most fun in a game as a wizard.

Magic is for pussies.

What's the point

Magic is way cooler than swinging things around and firing stuff off.

Tell me about it.

game???

Is Sacrifice any good?

Gotta agree with user, most modern games are just retarded no-effort wizards shooting different colored fireballs like some bowman peasant with speshul effects arrows. Anyway, picrelated.

hear hear

Why was this incarnation of Looney Tunes so shortlived?

Cause it was seldom actually funny.

I remember an episode of the most recent Duck Dodgers that for some thoroughly unexplained reason featured Megadeth.

So Daffy is supposed to be some kind of entry level metal head?

Anyway, back on topic.

I liked the mage classes in the Capcom Dungeons and Dragons.

Yeah I tend to agree. Every attempt to reboot warner brothers cartoons beyond the 90s was a complete failure and never funny. They relied on celebrities to go anywhere and that cost the projects too much.

It's a shame that in recent years no one tries anything interesting, and how limited in scope magic usually ends up. No one experiments, and magic tends boil down to flashy archery without arrows. Often less viable than other approaches too, but that was also common in older games.
Magic should actually have consequences in games. For example, if you play as a paladin and kill an innocent you should lose your holy powers and basically turn into warrior, or have them be weaker if you flirt or withhold truth. Developers could also learn from tabletop games. Magic would be much more interesting if spells could backfire or have unwanted side effects if not used properly/not fully mastered, similar to what you can see in Mage: The Awakening.

Morrowind with mods, especially Rise of House Telvanni and Uvirith's Legacy, becomes a pretty good wizard-RPing game. However, it takes a while to be a proficient magic user and you will need to rely on mana potions sooner or later. There is also a lot of powerful magical artifacts, some of them geared towards mages, and spell crafting and enchanting system are flexible enough to make up for game's other shortcomings.

Divinity Orginal Sin has decent amount of spells, most of them have secondary effects, are pretty versatile, and can play off of one another. You can make a grease fire and teleport enemies into it or do that to frozen allies to thaw them. Magic can also be used to give you an edge in quests and exploration.

If you want to see a creative and fun magic system, try Two Worlds 2. Overall game is nothing special, but it's fun to mess around in with spells and some weapons. It's the closes I have seen a game get to a sandbox magic system.

Gothic series has a handful of entertaining magic spells and nice looking robes. Turning into animals turns other ones of the same species friendly, and some other ones will be afraid of you. If you turn into beetle you can also pass under doors and get into places you would not be able otherwise. There are also spells like summoning army of skeletons and shrinking (and weakening as a result) enemies. Unfortunately, magic is not entirely viable play style.

Because good things don't last, while horrid shows get at least 4 seasons.

You are so wrong

That wasn't very funny, and even then why make the show looney toons? It could've worked with just normal people. When I think of looney toons I think of slapstick and fast paced comedy, not life drama sitcoms.

Ya'll niggas are gay. Magitech is where it's at.

Post magitech games.

Wizard 101

Image is just really, really bad. no bully please

Yeah, that was pitiful. Looney Tunes isn't supposed to be a sitcom.

Magicmaker is pretty cool, you pick up different items and chain them together to make different spells. Not the deepest game but fun.

Avencast from what I remember was a fun magic oriented game.

Magic & Mayhem was pretty cool, you play a mage/summoner killing off your competition in duels.

It's great, go play it right now.

Elona has interesting spells and if you fail casting/memorizing spells you can end up summoning demons that wrecks your shit.

yawn

Let's settle this, Holla Forums: Which is the superior class? The studied, wise wizard? Or the pious, zealous cleric?

And not the armour-wearing, mace-wielding fuccboi cleric, I'm talking the robe-wearing, spell-slinging type.

/thread.

Necromancer

She deserves to get raped by the nigger.

whats the point

I dont understand why people dont recommend Arcanum. Its a great game with Magic vs Tech with consistent lore.

Sage.
The class, I mean.

Arcanum is a great game, but in the whole "tech v magic" theme they have going, magic is absurdly overpowered in-game

Arcanum is an unfinished mess.

Two Worlds 2 seems to have good magic, except I never played it but see vid related.
Heroes 3 has tons of fun spells but it's a 2d strategy game rather than an RPG.
Spellforce has nice spells, you can go pure wizard and you have 12 possible spell paths, also it's got one of the best necromancers in any video game ever (at level 1 you can summon 3 skeletons and have them alive at all time).

Oh and I forgot to mention arx fatalis, although the spell system sucks since the mouse movement detection is trash and you can memorize up to 3 spells (thus rendering it a nuisance).
It's still a good experience.
Also mass effect 3 multiplayer with the adepts.

It is, and it's overpowered.
Early levels you have magic arrow, which lets you kill enemies before they reach you (or run, drink mana potion, come back) then later you get fire rain, which makes irdorath a walk in the park.

Eh, in that video he is just exploiting terrain. He might just as well keep swinging sword back and forth and legion of orcs would still not kill him. Other than that, equipment for magic users in nearly nonexistent, and game kind of railroads you into heavy armor and sword + some magic playstyle.
Granted, I didn't play Gothic in a long time.

It's just to kill time while waiting to get the actual magical powers.

I remember enjoying it back in the day.

NoX never attempted to be a serious RPG about methodical wizardry. It was meant as an isometric arena game so it's intentionally fast-paced and has a damn good multiplayer. And the combat really doesn't revolve around throwing fireballs, even if there are a lot of fireball staves lying around for you to shoot people with (assuming you're playing a Wizard or Conjurer, although Conjurers can't use the triple fireball staves).

Not to mention bows are actually pretty damn dangerous in the game. Crossbows in particular are downright lethal while a fireball might take a few shots.

The jews charge a lot of money for licence

As always, its the jews.

in retrospect this comic would be considered racist in Current year of 10 After 2007

Skald/Spellsword, whatever you call it.

Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls 2 all did this quite well.

Skald is a viking bard, not really magical type

It's safe to say she just dumped stock she needed to get rid of on a man of undiscerning tastes. But yeah, if she gets shit over it later, she was asking for it.

That's because in today's enlightened non-racist values, it is understood that the black dude in a wife-beater with tattoos, muscles, and ebonics rocking some bitching shades isn't just some guy having fun and an amusing expression of the widespread interest in videogames (as well as mousy judgmental storekeepers who panic too easily) but a social commentary on how all black kids are illiterate gangbangers.

That's because deep down today's SJWs identify with our storekeeper here.

What said. Also Nox had some of the most varied magic. You had utility spells (flare, lock, push/pull, telekinesis), mobility options (see all the teleportation stuff you can do), and other options (confuse, fumble, fear). I mean there's some shenanigans you can pull, like blinking, using wall on the other side as a warrior that follows you charges you (then kills himself as he's stunned from headbutting a wall). It's not a true "magic" game, but it never was meant to be, yet gave you tools to be creative. Hell you had traps too. And conjurer was a whole different dynamic, what with summons, especially the mobile bombs.

Otherwise people have all pretty much said anything I would recommend, besides a modded TES game (Midas in Oblivion, plenty of choices in Skyrim).

I used to abuse teleportation traps in one of the levels. I would mark a trap to teleport you to a lever (which you instantly activated by walking - or in this case spawning - into) where there was a second teleportation trap teleporting you inside the deathtrap you just activated. It was hilarious and I got to kill people while the game marked it as a suicide, punishing their score for it. Conjurers also have all kinds of crazy shit while warriors fuck shit up properly with their attacks.

By the way the game is still alive (and there's a free download too), including the multiplayer servers. I think we should organize some Holla Forums NoX games or shit so we can murder the shit out of each other.

Pure casters got nerfed in Enhanced Edition and a bit less in original one. It's all about hybrids and grenades right now, with bow+magic and dual wield+magic+grenades tearing through absolutely everything. Rogues, or scoundrels, are useless unless you are making shadowblade.