Is the BOI community dead?

Binding of Isaac seems like a less and less relevant game by the minute. For some reason any semblance of online community is completely dead and the biggest player of isaac is cuck related.

why's this one a cuck again?

Is Afterbirth worth a buy? I've been playing Rebirth recently and I'm starting to remember why I like and hate the game. How many bosses have an move where they just spawn more enemies?

most of them

Because it was just a generic dungeon crawler zelda-lite that only got popular because it came out on the early days of the indie craze.

How many years can you play the same fucking game for?

I don't see why all these games need a community. It's a single player game for one thing, and the only thing that keeps me coming back to it is the challenges I can't beat.

THE BOI COMMUNITY!?

Gungeon is better

fite me

you're not from around here , i know it ,you know it and now everybody iTT knows it.Now you can either lurk some moar or let's work together on a way for you to find your way back home
>>>/4chan/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/out/
>>>/anywherebuthere/

There was a binding of isaac community?

maybe because its a boring shitty game?

There are western fucking fan communities for obscure Pokemon clones that never left Japan like Telefang, why wouldn't BoI have one?

Also why is rebirth's soundtrack trash compared to the original? This was the depths theme in the original game.

I fucking hate tboi
It has shit gameplay and balance but it's like the only game in this genre to have good progression and content variety

Gungeon would be better if playing it didn't amount to beating your head against the same wall for hundreds of hours until you finally get to the end
And also if the playable characters weren't bioware-quality diversity hires

what is it with shitty bait lately where people just pretend to not know anything about the games they're talking about

and this is the depths theme in rebirth.

Glad I finished it.
Now I never have to touch that game again.

Now this is trying too hard to fit in.

Let me speak from experience (i played all versions of TBoI more than any other game ever, more than 400 hours) when i tell you, Edmund killed the game.
The latest update introduced "mod support" that disables BOTH achivements and unlocks, meaning you don't progress in the game at all even if you only have cosmetic mods.
The final nail in the coffin was the release of Antibirth few weeks after Afterbirth+, and by playing it you can tell how much more love some unpaid fans put into it, than Edmund in his own game.
It's sad.

Original composer and Edmund had a spat.

Rebirth has some solid tracks, but it's a mixed bag.

Here is depths theme in Antibirth. There's no excuse.

All I said was the reason the soundtrack went to shit.

No, that was the reason that Danny B left, and I agree with edmund on that. I was more referring to the fact that the music is bad, rather than it's not danny b doing it. Danny B isn't the only guy making good music.

When did I ANYTHING bad at all about Zelda? TLoZ for the NES is literally my favorite game you dense cunt.

*say

Edmund McMuffin fucked everything up by attacking the active playing fanbase for twitch hipsters and memefaggots.
It certainly doesn't help that afterbirth+ was revealed to be leftover content that was developed for afterbirth initially according to pointer data and metadata on the dates of files.

Dataminer is an item.

Oh and nearly all of rebirth's soundtrack was supposed to be for a different game.

Now if you would've said RockLeeSmile, then I'd be with you.

Also

Stupid.

Is this true?

wew

Can we turn it into a Smash TV rougelike?

If mods didn't make the rest of the game trivial, a lot of stuff could be added.
I saw mods that added "worm" minigame where you play as Larry Jr., and even a space invaders minigame.

The problem with afterbirth+ mods is they're still unfinished. You can't add new room types for example.

*afterbirth+ modding tools

The Lua documentation is still too limited to make entirely new games out of it, and it hasn't updated since January. You're better off with making .exe mods of Rebirth, like what Antibirth was.

Nuclear throne is the best twin-stick shooter rouge-lite even if it's locked to 30 fps, which is unfixable due to the time being tied to frames, and the developers aren't worth supporting.

Did NL get cucked by his asian wife? I used to enjoy his shit as background noise before I moved onto audiobooks/podcasts. I really enjoy Issac with 200+ hours on the original but rebirth pretty much burned me out, I'll go back and play a shit load every once in a while but I haven't even bought afterbirth.

You'd have to be nuts to still continuously play it to this point, game is neat but it isn't that neat.

How the fuck would there be a community for a single player game that gets boring within a few hours?

The first one is trash fam how could you like it? They didn't even get movement controls right, feels like you're bound to a shitty grid.

yes.

No, Kate and NL have a good relationship and his commentary is still pretty stellar. He doesn't get involved with any drama and avoids sharing political opinions online. Top quality podcast-ish content imo. Nick is still a baby back bitch tho.

That is good, he really seems like one of those guys who is just living the dream. Something oddly entertaining about his mostly PG content.

0/10 try again

Do you know what happened

You're not cut out for roguelikes if you think that
go over to to the rogue general on /vg/cuckchan, they are still running Angband and talking about it 20 years later or however fucking long that game has been out

before actually, which made A+ that more disappointing

Afterbirth+ was really shit, people kinda stopped playing after that.

nope

Danny B is a huge SJW and McMuffin was vocally shitting on the clique.

What's even the point of having a "community" for a game like this?

AB+ killed it because it was such an horrid fuckup and Fatmund's attitude through the whole thing made it only worse.
And he still never fucking added online co-op instead of garbage leaderboards full of hackers and daily challenges that accomplish nothing

I haven't played this game, but if a fucking loser like you makes such a shit thread asking about the """"community"""" surrounding such a title, it must be utter shit.

Go back to fucking reddit and start a new "topic" or whatever the fuck you call things over there to get upvotes.

Trying way to hard to fit in, buddy.

What did Fatmund do this time?

The Devs of Antibirth are willing to port their mod to AB+ but aren't able to because the modding tools are shit. Edmund is more willing to prevent people from unlocking achievments with mods installed.

What?

I thought they specifically said they wouldn't port it because "it's meant to be played only on rebirth" or some dumb shit.

The mod itself can only played with Rebirth. The lead dev of Antibirth made a statement about the port to AB+on plebbit because people mistook their jokes as official. It was along the lines of
I haven't followed any news, if there is any about the game after the first few months when AB+ was released.

*more expansions like Antibirth to be made with the tools

even if thats true the game had a pretty good run for what it is.
i didnt even know the game had a community

wow. Pity. Danny B did a great job on the OST of the first game. Another one lost to the SJW koolaid