GTA VI Speculation Thread

So while GTA V ended up relatively okay albeit not nearly living up to its hype, there was a lot Rockstar can still improve upon for the next GTA release.
What do you think Rockstar will do for the next GTA? Will there be even bigger budgets or will they play it safe this time knowing there's no way in hell they'll ever be able to top V in sales? Where will it take place? Will the car handling still be retard-tier?
Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Advanced_Game_Engine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BLOW IT OUT YOUR BLOW IT OUT YOUR BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS ASS ASS.

This is Holla Forums mind you. A lot of retards here still think GTA IV amd its tiny bleak as fuck atmosphere was a better game

Holla Forums hates the fact that GTA V literally printed Rockstar money and Shark Cards drowned them in even more

That's literally the opposite of not living up to hype

The map will be even bigger and hopefully Rockstar will give it more depth than their tl;dr rendition of Los Angeles that felt very shallow. As a SoCal fag I can tell you LA has a lot more suburb than that and the suburbs alone stretch on for miles.

That's pretty depressing honestly. The game isn't bad but it doesn't deserve nearly this much success

Do you even know what hype means? Being a top seller doesn't mean that it was a good game. I liked it much more than V, but it's definitely overhyped, being one of the most hyped games ever.

IV*

GTA V was alright , especially for the platforms it was released on.
The city is full of details and the missions are the more varied in any game, with the characters overall being pretty good.
But it was wasted potencial

Also hate the fact that you cant enter most buildings and its extremely limited, that shit pisses me off.

It will probably be set in Vice City and try to capitalize on 80s nostalgia that has been creeping in lately. There will probably be a side quest with angry, rude politician and corrupted, inhuman, and calculated one campaigning against one another.

It will be online only, there will be no single player campaign.

Shit, misclicked

con.

I'm expecting GTAVI to be more of the same.
Wasted potencial with some ambition and good design, but not nearly enough.

I just want to enter a quantity of buildings with more than 1 numeral.

You have to play the next-gen/PC version. Its significantly better than the PS3/360 version. Its a major difference

I kind of wish they didn't add doggies and cats

I don't drive on the sidewalk anymore on the off-chance I might hit a dog and feel bad.

I like it for a realism perspective. But you do almost feel worse killing animals vs human beings. Since all the people are assholes while animals didn't ask for it. Except for the fucking Mountain Lions

I feel completely fine running people over in GTA, in fact I like how in V if a car doesn't have a sloped windshield sometimes people can get stuck on it until you veer or hit the brakes, but the first time I hit something I didn't see because the car was big and heard a dog yelp I genuinely felt bad

Yeah, I feel no sympathy when I run down a dirty fucking kike. But, I mean, animals? My cat is my only friend…

fucking kek, agreed-Whenever I'm driving on a hill or mountain and see one I go so far out of my way to run it down.

It's a tough call, open world games are insanely large, which requires a metric fuckton of assets. And while you could subsurface and re-UV map old models to recycle them into a new game, usually you need 100% fresh assets each game. That's a lot of goddamn money.
What I thought was odd this time around was…where the fuck are the GTA:V expansions? Where is the second game on this console generation using/improving the engine Rockstar plunked millions of dollars into? Where is the Vice City/San Andreas for GTA:V?
Hopefully they go back to what worked best in the previous titles and combine that into a new amalgamation of awesome. Take the dark, gritty, semi-real feel of GTA 4 and combo that with the living world elements of San Andreas (that game felt like there was so much to do, GTA5 is boring and empty in comparison).
If there is one thing in life you can count on…

Reminder that IV is the better game.

Holy fuck, I don't know where you niggers came from but you need to return and never come back.

really buttered my toast

I just wanted you to know that you're garbage.

go to >>>/reddit/ if you want your gay hype train

I'd like for it to be set outside of the U,S, it's really getting stale now, and so is their "le american satire xd" thing. Imagine a GTA set in India or Russia.

Well, since GTA IV also runs on the R.A.G.E. Engine, it seems like GTA V is that second game. And RDR2 will also run on the R.A.G.E. engine

Rockstar will cut a bunch of content but at least we can finally have a female protag.

Wii Sports wasn't bundled with every Wii.

Too be honest a GTA set in designated shitting land/cheeki breeki land would feel like a completely different game

That's good, no? You think this shit isn't stale by now? It's been 16 years we've had the same thing.

The only good modern GTA game was Chinatown wars, all the over games that take place in the HD universe is shit and will continue to be shit.

A nice thing they can add are more random events to make the world feel more alive. This wouldn't even be hard to do, for example, you could have a detailed 7-day week system where things like Yard Sales sometimes spawn in front of houses, or Car Shows spawn in vacant parking lots filled with rarer cars you can steal. Just these little things would make a major difference

The only version I played
And it still plays and feels like a crossgen title and its limited by it somewhat even with all the improvements.

I'm just hoping they add more gore into it.

Believe me, the original versions were pretty bad.

Imagine how nightmarish the police would be. GTA V ramped up by 100%.

Let's get this one out of the way - Miami (modern day)

Houston
Chicago
Detroit

How about a mix of Houston, Salt Lake City, Austin, Osaka, and Kansas city?

I lie, now I remember, I did play the PS3 version of a friend when it came out.
It didn't have half the content, the city was barebones, the visuals were shit and the framerate was puke induncing.

Still, the newer versions still feel like wasted potencial and an extension of the older versions.

As long as it's a new city I'm all for it to be honest.

But, just for curiousity why a mix of those cities?

Really poor comparison since the trailers do little to show the significantly decreased draw distance, lower texture resolution, lower vehicle density of the original, lower padestrian density of the original, slow texture loading.etc

the PS3 side wasn't a trailer, it was in-game footage of the Enhanced Trailer's scenes played on the old version

Being a white guy in Detroit or Chicago could make something great. That or a fully detailed Jew York City.

To this day I have yet to find a decent (working once installed) torrent of GTA V, I always get some bullshit about the social club element.

Go eat shit. Millions of flies cant be wrong.

We discussed this a bit of time ago, it would be super interesting if Rockstar picked a location and a time of nefarious crime, and make a game out of it.
For example Italy during the 50's or cuba.
Can you imagine a scarface like gta?
I can and it's glorious.

so 1940's LA?

There was a scarface open world game. It was decent.

I could see a prohibition-era open world game, where most of the story is centered around a bootlegger.

Any would do, but personally i think America as a location is kinda worn out, having a streak of 5 games in a row.
I'm biased tough, since i come from Italy, and i am closely related to mafia.

After the success of GTA:O, I'm betting the next game will have a heavier focus on co-op like the online heists. It'll be playable in single player, but developed with multiplayer in mind, similar to RE5.

isn't being tied to the mafia part of being Italian?

that and having the angriest, loudest women on the planet for some reason

and you know what flies are the equivalent of in the insect world , don't you?

Niggers.
/thread

Too bad, instead you'll get a Red Dead Redemption 2 with more focus on multiplayer, grinding boring missions so you spend real cash on ingame currency

I guess most italians (about 40%) are related to nowdays mafia, but i'm related to the old and prideful one.
I have stories to tell but i don't wanna derail the thread.

Red Dead Redemption was actually fun online, although it shone single player.

Nobody understood that the handling of the cars was a parody in GTA 4.
Now they all drive on fucking rails.

What's the point of making a GTA-like game about Russia without it being set in 90s?

How about going back to the roots?

We can do better
or

They fucked over Leslie Benzies, the guy who they literally had to cry to him to unfuck their terrible disaster they had going on. Had it not been for Leslie the entire game would have been a shitshow of glitches, stutters, and more.

"When Red Dead Redemption was in production, the Housers were in charge. Benzies had no role in its making until, he says, things started to fall apart"

They also fucked him over in every way possible in the company, doing shady shit to his payment of funds from the game, attempting to distance him from the company and so on. He's the reason every game from GTA 3 and onwards are good. They offered him 6 month paid sabbatical, which they lied about. When he came back, he was ordered off the premises, and his company blackberry was locked, and he couldn't get into his email. They lied to him, snipped him off, and they swiped up all the profits.

Reminder that Dan Houser was such a childish twat that he actually threw a fit over Leslie putting his name at the end of the credits at GTA V. The dumbass didn't even play, read, or even viewed the game pre-release if that was the case. He claimed that 'he didn't see it until after it was released.'

The Houser brothers are only concerned with money now, and not your enjoyment. GTA VI will be a disaster without Leslie.

It's more interesting than basing it on one city, and it would definitely create a blend of something unique. Like how Olympic City in NFS: Underground 1 resembles a bunch of cities to the point where you can't put your finger on any city, and, if you can, there would be disagreements about it.

may as well tell them but just sage

How about GTA in space with jetpacks and guns and black guys Xd

I actually loved GTA V and honestly think people shitting on it and praising IV are retarded and copy pasting opinions from a hivemind.

Sure thing.
When my dad was 13, police brought him to a crime scene to identify the corpse of his own father. He was found in a car with almost HUNDREDS of bullet holes. He used to be pretty big in fighting the mafia, at the point where he had drive by's of people shooting his empty car as a warning, and even a bomb placed in his fireplace. It's pretty scary to think that was less than 35 years ago.

You sure convinced me with those hot opinions faggot.

Maybe I don't want to write 6 paragraphs explaining myself AGAIN why GTA V is very fun. Have fun not playing it and playing retarded sjw games instead I guess.

Except GTA in London and GTA in cyberpunk actually happened, you retard.

not an argument

I forgot to add that the Houser's are completely incompetent at making games. They always fall back on other people for their work, and when they tried to developer RDR on their own it all fell apart. When Benzies came out with the lawsuit suing the shit out of Rockstar, They suddenly broke into tears and released a completely bullshit 'statement' on how Benzie's performance was 'lackluster' and 'not up to par' even though he did most of the work for GTA V. The kicker here is that rockstar did not pay him a single cent for his work after GTA V was released. Benzies did not get a single penny, dime or nickel. He was robbed of 150M even though he did most of the work, and Rockstar forced him to go through with it. Rockstar and Take2 are probably one of the most scummy companies out there, up there with EA. Take2 took down GTA V Multiplayer Mods, and Rockstar illegally fired their top employee.

You're not gonna get a shitty useless debate out of me, haven't you read me last post? I stated that people who shit on V and praise IV are stupid, and that GTA V is actually pretty great. The game has been our for years, if you didn't like it for such a long period of time there is certainly no stranger on the internet that will suddenly change your mind. You either are objective and judge the game and make your own opinions or you can keep being pissed off because the game's popular. GTA V follows the same formula of the previous games but this time it has more features and modern technology, if you don't like it that's too bad.

This is all I have to say.

GTA: Vancouver

I see a lot of words but no arguments
Not an argument
It butchered the euphoria engine, they only gave you some stupid minigames and cosmetic eyecandy, and you're happy with that.

GTA IV on PS3 is an eyesore, a blurry, sepia mess of half loaded textures and a distant land size rivaling Morrowind.
Is it as bad on pc?

There will never be a GTA set in Atlanta that let's you drive down the bluff running over niggers in a dump truck blaring Jonny Rebel.

The reason the handling of cars in GTA IV was great was specifically because the shitboxes actually handled like shitboxes so the expensive supercars with superior cornering felt more special. In GTA V however even the worst beaters are given supercar handling and acceleration so the actual supercars don't feel that special anymore. I want shitboxes to actually feel like shitboxes

There's a reason the PC version is specifically called "Next-Gen"

BORING

No, its still a shit game though
Only salvageable thing about the game is the writing and sandbox.

GTA Online was one of the funnest mp games I've ever had. Me and 1-3 friends would do things like air-lift those shitty RVs to the top of the big mountain and rally them down, blasting 80s music and we'd do missions that get you tons of ammo/rockets/grenades/miniguns and then hop on a traincar and put $10k bounties on each other and fight off all the other players on the server. Funnest shit ever.

Please kill yourself, shill.

kys

To be honest i was liking it, but the visuals and the smooth 25fps were making me legit dizzy.
I bet i can find HD mods too.

I played 5 with the slippery cars cheat always on, that should be the opposite, the on-rails handling had to happen after cheating, not before.

And that's how you know that the core game is crap.

You're making me wonder what GTA: Alabama would look like.

Just start cheating and go wild with the world and/or missions, the vanilla game is a dull, grey, boring, buggy mess, the barebones multi is also ok if you play Sandbox with some friends.

Wew

GTA IV was a fucking tech demo for Rage.

And the video you posted is a poor example for why you think its better than V

GTA IV was awful, I don't understand you people. It was drab and boxy with nothing of interest to explore and no reward for doing so and cars that handled like boats. Other than for story, it was the worst GTA.

Underage get out please.

Wrong. Also GTA 6 if anything will be set in vice city, since they want to make a shit game for every good game from the 3D universe.

Because you're blinded by eyecandy to look at the mechanics at work

What?
GTA IV was fucking trash, especially in compariaon with SA or even Stories for that matter, V was just dissapointing but average.

GTA: Nova Scotia

You didn't notice half of that shit before Crowbcat posted that fucking video.
Everyone shat on IV before he posted that fucking video.

Regardless of the small details on a map thats a third the size of V, the game itself lacks variety, content and even color for fucks sake.

The game would be shit regardless of what setting it had. They fucked over the person who made every GTA starting from III good.

Fuck outta here plebbit scum.

What is Leslie doing right now ?

I did
I bitched abot that for a long long time
Way before that video got posted

The first thing I did, shoot someone on the leg
Guess what, they ran away like nothing, that's when I started to smell shit. Then the handling, do you seriouly expect me not to notice how shit the handling was?
Just because you're a blind little shitter doesn't mean that every one of us is.

Leslie's doing pretty good. He made his own studio with 2 other ex-rockstar employees and is working on his own game with them now. I hope it'll be good.

Any vids or pics ?

Not that I know of. The only details we have is that it's going to be open world, and on the Amazon Lumberyard engine, which is basically CryEngine

Ya if your average consists of The Fags of Us and other cinematic non-game bullshit. How many awful lines of dialogue did you hear and what lines do you remember? Its a glorified animation disguised as a game because for it to play you have to push the analog stick, wow amazing.

I hope even that "GTA killer" EA was making is better than the future GTA, shit is getting ridiculous.

Why would they use the amazon botnet engine instead of the real deal ?

Amazon's engine is just cryengine rebranded and in continued development.

No idea. Crytek employees aren't even getting paid. There's an ongoing crisis with them where employees have gone 2+ months without pay. Might as well go for the engine that has more support than a dying company.

I know it's the same, but I didn't know Crytek had semi died. Still, why not pick the Unreal Engine then instead of the amazon botnet engine ?

Oh shit I almost forgot, what about Kingdom Come Deliverance ? They use the CryEngine.

Well I don't know the logic behind their choice but if I was them it would be because Unreal Engine is overreaching and it's strategy is one of the main reasons why people use "engine" as a buzzword whereas cryengine is more or less just a tool, like it's supposed to, and save for the horrible documentation does it well.

Misread your post dude

It's all good user.

An EA "GTA Killer" will be full of kike propaganda and faggotry. GTA V is extremely rare in that regard - it's a modern AAA game where the only propaganda is some pro illegal immigration stuff during story mode. The rest is traditional GTA 'everyone is awful'.

Benzies got a number of leads to walk from R* as well when he was setting up his own company and word going around in the British scene is that R* North got absolutely gutted between designers, art and programmers that are between Benzies new company or gone to ReAgent games, which is Dave Jones (Original co-creator of GTA) team. It was like the original split that created Realtime Worlds. Also why R* have just been shitting out GTA Online. It's a moneymaker but also they need to space out time to staff up between GTA:O and helping R* San Diego and Toronto finish up RDR2. And RDR 2 might not make the 2017 date they set for it.

They will play the nostalgia angle and maybe do Vice City again but R* is bleeding talent like crazy.

UE4 can be a fucker as well if you aren't using a good revision and even if you are using a great revision it can be performance heavy. Lumberyard also has some of the best online tools and connects easy to EC2 Stack or Azure. Plus you get a huge discount off your Lumberyard licencing fee if you use EC2 and it's a cheap engine as well if you want to use Azure, Rackspace, Google or other solutions as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon was publishing Everywhere as that would be a monster for their publishing studio to make a splash.

Its not about the game, its about letting that shitty IP die. I've still got San Andreas, someone better just shamelessly rip that off and build upon what wasn't there.

Set in San Fran, featuring a female protag, a subversion of previous GTA games, this game now focuses on moral usage of your dubious skills, as your character looks to turn over a new leaf and do good. Subvert the offices of corrupt politicians, with the final mission culminating in an assassination… but I won't spoil anymore than that ;^) Here at Rockstar we're aiming for more progressive experiences for your PS4 Pro.

Tbh a GTA set in Canada would be pretty neat, especially if they get the satire right.

They will do something to hype on nostalgia such as Vice City or San Andreas.

Yeah, they'll do San Andreas again, I know it…

I wish they would do something like out in Alaska or in Kentucky with pot, meth, & shine.

But that was what GTA V was supposed to be.

No, it's what it was, regardless of the lack of San Fiero and Las Venturas.

Sheep, people.

GTA V is an expansion, by your definition. It should never have been called "GTA V" to be honest. Think of it as San Andreas II. The reason you're confused is the fucked-up naming convention and the fact that you're thinking according to console generations.
GTA III Generation
GTA III
Vice City
San Andreas
Bully goes somewhere in here
GTA IV Generation
GTA IV
RDR
(L.A. Noir)
Max Payne 3
GTA V

If you really want to get pissed, ask why Max Payne 3 was ever made. It was a huge waste of potential and momentum coming on the heels of RDR. I believe RDR will go down as Rockstar's high water mark (inb4 shitty client-side saves and no PC port).

RDR2 will echo GTA IV in that it will be a graphics leap but will disappoint with lack of gameplay relative to GTA V. There is no way they will be able to churn out RDR Online content the way they shovel-out GTA Online content. There are only so many ways you can rob a stagecoach with your "crew". The only way this changes is if they ditch the GTA model for Red Dead. They could go back to selling DLC packs (they quit after the Max Payne 3 fiasco). That way, they can implement gambling in-game and all the bullshit you buy will be from your actual in-game earnings and gambling. They would run afoul of IRL law if they implemented gambling while selling Coyote Cards or whatever they'll call them (that's why gambling never happened in GTA V). They could also implement massively huge maps and basically turn RDR Online into an MMO. This could mitigate some of the issues with "an open world with nothing to do" such as what happened to GTA IV once you reached the end.

There's no way they'd do vice city. Vice city as a sunbelt city has too much setting overlap with san andreas. They'll kill the environment if they commit to another 6 years of sunbelt. Much more likely they'll alternate back to liberty city to keep the settings fresh.

They should do some actually interesting city for the first time in the franchise. Like they could one-up Sleeping Dogs and do a full scale Hong Kong. That'd be dope.

Well, they can't but the houser brothers have more cash than they need for a wealthy life for the rest of their days. This is something I don't understand, why would someone who has enough cash to just throw away at anything they want for their whole lives continue working?

What the fuck is wrong with these slavs? I mean I know they're slavs but there's something on their faces

Anita, Zoe Quinn and Hillary are going to be villains in the game, calling it now

They're actors and huge faggots.

Going with the corruption theme, Hillary will obviously be president in GTA VI. Hopefully, the Housers don't get assassinated in their bathroom or some shit.

the game was a fucking direct downgrade to GTA4 and RDR, every mission was fucking forgettable and the whole experience was unsatisfying. you gotta be a fool to still have hope for RDR2 or GTAVI because now rockstar knows they can get away with a sup-bar effort and still make gangbusters in pre-orders before even getting to gouge anyone with some bullshit microtransaction for fake money

this
Less OUR WORLD IS SO HUGE* ^empty as fuck
and more YOU FAGGOTS SAID YOU WANTED DETAIL, HERES THE 20GB PDF FILE OF THE FULL MAP FOR JUST THE SEWER INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE CITY THE GAMES SETTING

developers talking about the size of the world should be added to the cursed words list with the likes of "procedural' and 'survival"

Panin is not a faggot, he's bisexual and dogfucker. And what's wrong with Dyuzhev, aside from having roles in shitty movies?

GTA6 will be multiplayer only with microtransactions and always online DRM.

GTA is only interested in fancy realistic graphics now. what i would like them to do is go back to a more simplistic graphic style so that they have more space for actual content and fun. for the past like 3 games now we've only seen the same cities only in better graphics/details

imagine if rockstar actually made GTA6 so that you could travel to the older cities like Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas, whatever the first 2 GTA cities were all in the same game while letting you explore a completely NEW parody city as the main game city

why does Rockstar just give us more of the same every game? it doesn't matter how pretty you can make the same city we've played before look, we want something NEW

Thanks lads, I admit I haven't been following the engine history at Rockstar as closely as I should have. Reading: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Advanced_Game_Engine
Interesting shit. Midtown Madness is from freaking 1999.
RDR2 could be interesting, but we'll see.

That's possible on the older engines, iirc someone is making a combo of LC, VC, SA, Bullworth, and the Manhunt maps on the GTA SA engine

Tfw there will never be a GTA as dope as Vice City again.

I have my doubts whether Rockstar can even improve their games or just shit out the same game to get more money. We will have to see.

Give us a Bully 2 instead, with an emo clique and the melee system of the warriors.

Or a Manhunt 3 for VR.

what are you, a faggot?

[current year] bully 2

Seems like a monkey's paw.

To be honest I think I would greatly enjoy it if they went full soc jus with it.
Instead of helping Earnest survive his speech by shooting the jocks trying to interrupt him you shoot people trying to say harmful things in a safe zone. In math class you have to navigate increasingly hard arguments for why logic is patriarchal oppression. Perhaps there could be a couple of missions were you beat up students for misgendering others. Spraying over posters with harmful opinions, instead of egging houses you throw tampons at churches, and as a price for beating your women studies course (earlier unlocks can include more damage to boys) you get a ghostbusters suit.
Sounds like a good time.

It's funny because the people who would want to do any of the things you're describing the theoretical protag doing were the ones who got bullied in school, not the other way around.

Im pretty sure SJWs have never had anything bad in their lives happen and need to invent non-existent problems

what are you? a normalfag?
depends on the time period and place though
90's goths in some up state New York place might be sweet, and then you can take a bus to a Not New York City for the second portion of the game.

Fags are mentally deranged.
also I have a huge cunnilingus fetish and want a girl to ride her bare ass on my face.

why do you think im here
goth/emo/scene chicks arent all that "stable"

I've met some pretty sweet and endearing goths girls in my life, more so than the crazy ones.
maybe it's just extreme luck or I hit a cord with them that they easily open up to me.

not so much with gays but I've only met three people that were gay and two of them got uncomfortably creepy with me.

most fags are sex crazed maniacs, its not the most social thing

im not sure how you have a cunnilingus fetish if you have such an accord with girls, most arent interested in oral in the slightest

It's simple, every time my hunny comes home and lays on the couch I snuggle up to her crotch and start kissing her belly and work my way down to her twat, flick her bean with my tongue and gently suck on it.
afterwards stick my tongue right in there and enjoy myself.

Then I flip her over and fuck her already drenched pussy (most of the fluids there are probably my saliva) and cum with the force of thousand suns over her stomach.
No condom though cause those are for chumps that don't know how to pull out.

fingering gets girls to come faster

you're probably right, but I want to eat her out.
it's more of my enjoyment.
either way were getting off topic so sage.

Would enjoy a GTA in early 70's london though, that'll be pretty sweet.
maybe give it an Austin Powers vibe.

wait i thought oral was like the only ways girls get off because the human sex organs are all fucked up and the clit isn't stimulated during penetration

but then again i'm almost full virgin, i've only fingered a chick like twice and nothing else

This is a common misconception. In reality, girls get off when you insert money into their hand.

even i knew that

clit is like a guys tip
g spot is the lady prostate

This. GTA is probably the only 'big' franchise that resisted any major SJW shit. Am kind of amazed tbh.

and using your hands is 10x more efficient

they did that with 60s london

The shitstorm would be glorious

That was barely 10 years ago. It's amazing how far the progressives turned back time to pre-war prudishness in so little time. I hope every nation's culture is taken back from those muslim loving feminists and psychoactive medicated LGBTQ trendies.

its not a crime when jew lefties do it, dont you know that?

I swear, Mad Bull 34 has the best setting for a game and no other fucker outside the arcade bothers to make use of it.

If done right, I can get behind that.

well since Rockstar rips off all their storylines from american tv shows and movies, I dont think they would have the intelligence to write about reality

That's actually a good idea, but where would you go with the story? You wouldn't get rich like that, not in GTA fashion.

We are talking about people going around naked, with pants dripping of blood, that talk about sex and masturbation and menstruation like people talk about sport or bread, that thinks being a sex worker or pornstar is empowering, it ain't prudishness

no, they just want to crucify white men expressing agency in liking anything

You get rich by covering up some important shit from a millionaire mafioso.

What part of DIRTY COP you don't understand?

GTA series is about being a criminal/fiend. Take your cop ideas to the Sleeping Dogs/NY Undercover devs.

I'm not the kind of guy who thinks of stories. I just think gta games need to have main characters that aren't judgemental on profiting off people's misery and fears.

Speaking of cop ideas

american criminals arent edgy nihilists, its mostly just tax dodgers, ponzi schemers and drug dealers and nigs who shoot people who step on their shoes, the closest are pimps who directly exploit anyone, theyd have to be Jews, Russians, Mexican drug peddlers, or chinks if you want edgy no moral character

We have GTA VI already you guys. Its called GTA:O

GTAO is trash.

Its making them enough money that they don't need to worry about actually making a new game

What part of "in GTA fashion" don't you understand?

great way to run the series into the ground

Being a prude was denying men of things. Men can't act out in any way as a man or you'll get slapped, arrested, fired, castrated, or killed in and CURRENT YEAR anum.

What exactly is "getting rich in GTA fashion"? Honestly, the only GTA that was about getting rich is GTA V. Other GTA protagonists had different motivations and goals, and getting rich was a byproduct of fulfilling them.

The only difference between most gta protagonists and the one I've suggested is the fact that the one I suggested has a badge and has to think about how shooting a nigger profits him instead of his moral judgements.

GTA VC tho

his moral judgements could just as well be a characters moral justification or excuse

I can rob from drug dealers, because theyre drug dealers and Im a cop, its okay to not waste time with paperwork documenting evidence and drug money, because this guy will be back on the street in 2 weeks and doing the same thing and what I do as a police officer is of little consequence to all these psychopaths running around doing whatever they please, I may as well not be broke if im just societies trash man

Nah, even VC was not about getting rich, it was originally about repaying the debt to your boss and then Tommy got carried away with building his criminal empire, boss got assmad and Tommy knocked him off and kept the money.

Even GTA V wasn't really about getting rich. It was about Michael wanting to fulfill his power fantasies, which just happened to involve getting rich.

There's literally nothing wrong with CJ

What are you talking about? It was exactly what I expected. This feels like a common theme actually. I hear people say all the time that "X didn't live up to the hype", meanwhile X ended up being exactly what I expected it to be. Why are you people so dumb?

The most 'realistic' of all games was Vice City and there they did the most 'ripping off' of media.

The 70s/80s were a coke-fueled golden age for the crazy criminal behavior you see in GTA. Everything in the modern setting is mostly LARPing because criminal activity isn't allowed on the same level.

If they aren't going to set it in a different era then at least give us a mid-west gta. I'm tired of playing in "re-imagined" cities that we've already played in with the 3D titles. Also use the god damn wanted system from GTA: Chinatown Wars you fucks, let me get rid of cops the fun way rather than waiting for an invisible timer to tick down.

I can dream

Or just take over the Watch Dogs 2 franchise, which has the right mechanics, and replace all the sjw tard writers.

Dat fool came to the wrong house.

vice city was set in 1986
most drug operations in southern florida were vanned in 1985 and early 1986, most of the violence receded to nigger neighborhoods and the CIA started smuggling the coke in

Fuck off, tapping your smartphone to instantly hack everything is not right mechanics.

Rockstar needs to make another GTA game set in the 1960s. Except this time in The USA. It would seriously be the perfect GTA setting. And I've said this all before but damn its so true

more like early late 60s early 70s

CJ was the best GTA protagonist.

Where would the game take place? That also makes a big different too. The DC Metro area sounds like an appropriate setting, or at least some major city on the South Eastern coast of the United States

That game already exists, it's called GTA2.

Shit post. Glad I stole your GET

It's not a get if you don't call it, dumb shit.

You were trying for those trips user, you can't fool me

Nigger I don't even care to time my posts for specific digits. I had a script for that but with Holla Forums performing like utter dog shit it doesn't work. When it did worked though I could spite fags like you all day by getting dubs and trips with horse pictures. Now check em.

you mean that old GETBall Script /sp/ made before they moved to Bonsai Buddy chan? You need to work on getting better internet smh fam

san francisco, So cal, Jew york, DC

what?

Why is Holla Forums defending GTA V now

same reason were defending overwatch

:^)

Don't be silly user that isn't a thing

Yeah so they were a couple years off. Point still stands. That was the era of the 'action' criminal, where you would do crazy shit like prison breaks, bank robberies, street-shootouts, nightclub shootouts, restaurant hits, cross-border coke drops, casino heists, have mob-guys doing as they please etc… so it fit the mayhem antics of the game.

By the late 90's, that stuff was gone, or localized to small crack neighborhoods. It just feels stupid (or fantasy) to see that in SA and V especially. Of course, IV toned it down but then got blasted for 'boring' missions.

gta 4 was inspired by criminal violence in brighton beach in eastern european neighborhoods of new york in the 1980s and early1990s, they just threw a coat of bush era america paint and references to "paid in full" and the sopranos on it

Obligatory.

It's a shame it seems to be mandated among the AAA that new games have to be worse than older games.

I think Holla Forums should design the jewest game of all time. The end of days game that will rake in the dough for all eternity, and crash the market to boot. And I don't mean ironically: it has to work, it really must suck the normalfags balls dry, and probably drop the NEETs into homeless as well.

Care to make a thread about it?

Already done, it's on the second monitor.

Yeah agree and it should've been set then. Real problem is, modern crime in America is kind of boring. Anything high profile/high visible just ain't going to go down.

They should make a game inspired by Marvin Heemeyer.

How about a game set in the race war?

we just need more period piece GTAs is what we need, and SA was in the early 90s

This game starts promising, but it dissapoints just as much.
the story mode is shit and should have been aborted. game developers should learn that they are making a game, not fucking story.

60's London
Slightly Cyberpunk
Any city outside of the USA
Russia
Any cucked European city if they actually show muslim invaders realistically and let you have a rahowa
American south, northwest, or any other major area that hasn't been in GTA before
40's-80's LA or NY
modern miami
the same shit they've done before in 3D

Its a real shame that clickb8 cherrypicking title of a video not only got this popular but people on this website still take it seriously

There's plenty of good comparisons in that video and other videos by that uploader. It shows there's a significant amount less features in GTA5 than in GTA4, that it is generally a downgrade despite being newer and on a newer engine.

With a few mods, GTA4 looks just as good, if not better than GTA5, as well. Story's also better.

Its pure cherrypicking, and the title "hurr durr my opinion is right" is clickb8

Can you state where GTA5 is better than GTA4, in that case? It's hard to have a discussion if it lacks arguments.

Well done on being so predictable:

That video focuses far too much on little details which should never be considered the main reasons to play a game.

Well if we're going to talking at the level of "minor shit" that you dragged the conversation down to with that video it's worth pointing out that GTA V lets you car surf.

Car surfing is a neat feature.

There's a lot thematically that I think strange or unrealistic, including just how aggressive the police is in GTA5, whereas in GTA4 they are treated much more sympathetically. Likewise, where GTA4's theme is 'Lost American Dream' which explains the grey, dreary mood as you raise yourself up in the midst of crime. I'm not sure what to make of GTA5's (main) theme, though it appears to be more shallow, with a lot of gameplay-story segregation. Perhaps you can address this to help me understand GTA5's theme better?

My ideal GTA5 would've been a lot more like GTA2 with factions like the Looneys to put sillier, crazy missions, the Hare Krishna (and driving a bus full of them to the meat factory) or the Zaibatsu's japanese themes, with the rest more seriously, straightforward.

Am I the only person here who likes GTA IV and V???

no

heh

I have the same middling enjoyment of both. Kind of neat to run around in a big sandbox and shoot things but it gets boring eventually, especially without true sandbox multiplayer.