What's your favorite vidya quote?

What's your favorite vidya quote?

/thread

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

What game is that from? Metal Gear Solid 2?

FUCK YOU

This is why you are no good.

Excellence is a habit, not an art. We are what we repeatedly do.

I'm here to kick the Ayatollah and chew babies, and I'm not actually here.
- Doc. Nukkim

You're a dick?

What did he mean by this?

You cheeky cunt, I won't let you take a break.
With this post I've made sure you'll never find out what I'm quoting as I'm that 'dank.

BAZINGA!

STEP THE FUCK UP, ITS TIME TO DIE
EXCUSE YOU? NO. FUCK YOU
When you don't pay your debts, i'm what you get.

oh shit i forgot
KILL THIS ARROGANT MOTH-ER-FUC-KER

Do you like Huey Lewis & The News?

Their early work was a little too 'new-wave' for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own – both commercially and artistically.
The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost.

He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is 'Hip to Be Square', a song so catchy most people probably don't listen to the lyrics – but they should! Because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself!

"You're gonna burn alright."

Good joke but fuck off faggot.

"Yes."

It's probably my least favourite track from that game's OST, but it's the theme of the boss who has that quote. Have one of my favourites.

then if you take something already delicious like Cup Noodle and add in the finest, freshest ingredients, what do you get?

PENIS!!!

THE ULTIMATE FLAVOR EXPERIENCE

Babies first contrarian hipster rant: condensed into a handy pasta for ease of dispersal?

"Get a load of this!"

There was a hole here, its gone now.
Pipe down man, let me fill you in.
CHEEKI BREEKI
I have fury!
I see… but maybe, there is a place somewhere in this World where Devils may cry
Dude my father wasnt so hideous,can't you tell by looking at me?
If we're all clones, why am I the only one with a sense of humor?
If ya want to hide a tree, stick 'er in a forest.
So what's with the V-watch on your arm, man? What, you think you some kind of Mega-Man or something?
I watched the stupidity of mankind through the scope of my rifle

Never going to forget this. Capcom and gaming media can eat shit.

Thinking the Beatles aren't the most influential isn't even that contrarian. If anything it's only hipster fucks and retarded nostalgic boomers who believe that in the first place. Rock was already exploding across America and some other countries and The Beatles' contributions to this are overrated: The Who and Rolling Stones easily had more influence on rock and pop than the Beatles did, and you can still hear it in some music. As for US/UK counter-culture, it was already developing quickly and media did not cause this, it reacted to it. The Beatles are a classic story of "right place at the right time".

I've heard some Beatles fans argue that they did a lot of "firsts" like intentional guitar feedback on a recording. Maybe that's true? But if we're going to talk about musical effects, unusual instruments, unique sounds, and pushing the boundaries of recording, we should talk about Pink Floyd. The Beatles were like little babies compared to the shit Floyd came up with. Also consider that no Beatles album ever beat Dark Side of the Moon's sales. So the Beatles winning over the psychedelic crowd is down the drain too.

So what did they influence then? Honestly I have no fucking idea. They were just absurdly popular, but the touch from their music didn't seem to penetrate anything else in a lasting way.

Rock critics almost universally lack any musical training and rarely tread outside their comfort zone. It's why they're so fucking retarded.

Was this FF X/X-2?

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

WARIO, AH HAHA HAAA!!!!

"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there."
I don't know why, I guess it's just humble yet effective. Almost makes the awful ending to DXHR worth it.

DmC 3

Is this another pasta or your autism?

came here to post this

I came here to chew ass

Obviously you get pure, unadulterated cringe and high blood pressure due to excessive sodium regardless of the fact the game is more boring than aggravating.
Also Maruchan > Nissin.

Piero Scaruffi was definitely correct. The Beatles is some of the blandest, most repetitive, shallow stuff on the face of the planet and the people who criticize Scaruffi are probably the sort of people who have never heard of Eric Johnson, think Flock of Seagulls are just a bunch of fags, and don't even listen to any songs by their favorite bands besides their hit singles.

Yeah I'm real. I'm really here to bring people together and uplift their abilities. You're here to laugh at me as a group of "leaders". You're not the leadership of anything. You're a bunch of pathetic goons. I'm one man. You're an unelected body deciding what community thinks and interacts with. The anti-Jewish language you spew is not unifying it is actually literally what you are.
You're Anglo beta males. You're the biggest bigots and racists alive.

I'M THE LIFE BRINGER
I'M THE FUCKING UNIVERSE!!

This must be from Deadly Premonition.

The Beatles posters are two different people user. (I am the second one) Also that's pretty mainstream shit to call autism. Do you Burgers not learn about the counter-culture era at all? Civil rights movements, anti-war, hippies and drugs?

For the Homeworld.

just like the game