Total War thread

MOTHERFUCKING LIZARDMEN AND LUSTRIA IN 8 DAYS NIGGERS
PRAISE THE OLD ONES, PRAISE SOTEK
It better have those OP as fuck Starpriests Call of Warhammer has along with Albino units and Gor-Rok
comingsoon.totalwar.com

Eat shit Skaven scum

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/switch/
the-ninth-age.com/?simple-page/
forum.wfb-pol.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=52879
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Southlands
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eh, guess I have to check this game out one day then.

Goat fucker here, still waiting for my fucking Jabberslythe and Ghorgon you damn hacks.
Make Kislev a real faction too while you're at it.

gib Ogres

We really need Kislev and their mounted Bears.
I'm positive they'll add beastmen units soon since they're finally finished with all the paid DLC and Bretonnia.

I hope the Ruinous powers buttfuck your Chaos resistant mongoloid asses

Did this game have denuvo?

It still does
But its a pretty good game regardless
People were even able to mod a barebones Tomb Kings faction and Chaos Divided.

You're just mad that you don't fear a giant hole in the world caused by a giant fuckoff meteor and become mutated into low-iq stomachs on legs.

Ogres are just Greenskins with a new coat of paint.

So, you bought that blood dlc yet?

How is that going to work out considering Lustria is far as fuck from where everybody else is? Is it just going to be an entirely different map with a couple human colonies or something?

Lizardmen's lack of actual neighbours was a problem for the writers at GW as well, but I can't wait to see what asspull is going to be delivered by CA.

Its almost as if CA is going to implement Dark Elves and High Elves at the same time as Lizardmen…

Where the fuck are you cretins leaking from and why do you believe you're welcome? My first guess was that /sp/ fucked with goons again but this seems worse if that's even possible.

Even those two are way further apart from each other than any other factions in the game, the majority of a campaign as any of them would be spent just shuttling troops across open ocean.

Does that mean we get Amazons too?

Nigger the 4 factions added will likely be Lizardmen, Skaven, High Elves and Dark Elves.
I've heard rumours of Naval Battles as well.

I'm sorry user
I like videogames and told myself I would buy whenever the Lizardfucks were released.

Naval battles

Maybe

It depends on if they implement navies into the game or not. If they don't I could easily see them either giving those 3 factions a largely boosted disembark movement speed via a stance like forced march, or a system like Jihads/Crusades from Medieval 2 but tweaked. No matter how stupid CA is I doubt they'd make three factions that spend a lot of game time just sailing to get to places.

Is it cracked yet?

Not yet

Old Ones worshipers please leave I still feel like idiot for buying all the dlcs, except blood for the blood god obviously

pls gib emo elf tittays

The horns on your Ratshit symbolize how much of a cuck he and the whole Skaven race are.

Elves are for raping
Dorfs are the best humanoid race

Maybe in newhammer but rats are generally the ones doing the cucking. Nagash, Alcadizaar, Von Carsteins, Malekith, Teclis, Magnus, Kizarek, the hobgoblin race…

God, I'd love to put you out of your misery.

Got the game a few days ago.
Dwarves are 10/10
I don't think they have anything that can counter cavalry though.
Only way I've managed to do it is by placing miners with blasting charges behind a line of warriors. Cavalry smashes into the warriors, miners throw satchels, cavalry runs away because horses are scared of bombs.
Bombarding enemies is fun as fuck.
I also made an alliance with all the humans and wanted to buttfuck the vampires, but looks like Chaos got there first.
Are there more campaigns than "The Old World"?
I only see two more, but those are two DLC's I don't really wanna buy.
Only thing worse than an elf is a wood elf. They burn really good though.
I might get it when I decide to play as refugees.
These two seem expensive as fuck for what they add. Are their campaigns any good?

CreamAPI

extra campaigns are shit, beastmen are a pretty fun faction, just make sure to download a mod that changes ambush maps to default rather than the beastpath map

wood elves are unplayable unless you go for a Durthu run so you can make elf free armies, their gameplay is pretty unique too

Just wait for 50% sale or July steam sale and buy them, mods are starting to get really good now that we have custom campaign maps

don`t buy blood for the blood god dlc

What's wrong with beastpath?
I haven't tried it yet. I think I had ONE battle where I intercepted someone going through it, but they were outnumbered 10 to 1, so I auto-resolved.

Actually, the "intercepters" were an army of dwarves travelling through the Underway. I'm still not sure how that "intercept" mechanic works. All I use the Underway for is avoiding attrition and extra movement around obstacles.

I went peeking through the workshop, saw some great stuff already, will probabbly get better. I'll pick something after I'm done with vanilla races.

Sorry user, I just ticked everything that was under 3 bucks. It was -30% of or something.
For what it's worth, I'm regretting the purchase, because instead of blood, units get covered in pink jello. I hope the workshop ends up fixing that.

the map itself is horrible, it`s too cluttered and too dark, the terrain is very uneven so you constantly lose line of sight of fleeing enemies and for some reason is very CPU intensive, more so than any other official map

It`s just a all around bad experience, the mod fixes that by giving you standard ambush maps when you ambush and beastpath maps when you intercept

I'm surprised by how terrible the Blood God pack is, this should have been THE game for it but it's far and away the worst one in the entire TW series.

Well, sounds fitting for a "beast path". Fast units can make use of it, while slow units get the shaft.
I'll try playing around with it before making an opinion.

There's somethings I'm not sure about the game yet though:
Can these guys do everything and then have a secondary ability when you deploy them? Every Dwarf hero can assasinate people for instance. Also, is the limit for them global or per-settlement I build shit for them? I haven't found a use for any of them yet.
I have no fucking idea how to use these guys. If I put them in a line, they only burn folks when they get near, and that's a 2 second window before they get charged and routed.
At best I can put a line of warriors in front to engage the enemy, but leads to my firedrakes also burning my warriors. Am I using them right? They don't seem fast enough to flank people.
Back when I played Medieval 2, waiting a few turns for ladders and a ram was essential. What's the freaking point when I can bring 7 catapults/cannons with me?

Also, are the Skaven actually planned? I loved Vermintide, but I wanted to play as a group of 4 Skaven raiding the city, not humans killing Skaven.

No you don`t understand, low visibility on a TW game kills a map

depending on the faction a hero has a different class, some can kill generals, others can break settlement walls or damage enemy units on the grand map, the limit is by buildings and every province works independently. They are very strong when using as agents specially the ones that can kill generals, slow down armies or debuff enemy moral before the battle

irondrakes shine when fighting large monsters and flying units, if the enemy doesn`t have that just throw a unit of dwarf warriors agains`t their most expensive unit so the friendly fire doesn`t matter that much

every unit has ladders, yes it`s a pretty dumb mechanic but sieges are the weakest point of this game, custom campaign maps fixes that a little bit, just make siege towers they are way more cost effective

they are confirmed to come out eventually, possibly on the next expansion, that will be known at the end of march

Get Less Blood, Less Gore!, it isn't perfect but at least it removes that red paint everyone gets covered with.

REEEEEEEEEE!!
Playing as the empire, Is there any way at all to use pistoleers? are they just too shit to bother with? Are any missile cavalry good? Every time i try to use them they get fucked up by the enemy crossbowmen. Are they only useful when the enemy has no missile infantry?

Also how do i make good use of those hand gunner guys? the ones that have vanguard and can use melee weapons also. Why would i not just want to use more normal crossbowmen.
Wanna make the empire great again, but although im winning these first few battles i cant seem to make use of these units properly.

Learn how to micro

they have better range than me, how do i counter that?

How about you draw their fire with something else?

We only ever see these Warhammer threads when a new update of DLC is coming out and all discussion of this shitty game vanishes when there isn't something imminent to sell, but these people are definitely NOT shills. Oh no. That's a crazy stupid thing to suggest.

Sure

I just feel ashamed for buying it in the first place so I never make threads about it

i dont know what you mean, they have better range, so they quicky turn and fire back at my dudes.

Does that not kinda defeat the purpose of them? Why bother having them in vanguard or anything if i have to rush normal cavalry or something out order to kill the archers anyway. i thought they would be good for harassing the enemy and getting away, but their range is so shit and their damage so low. I looked it up and i think the damage problem could be to do with how little armor damage they do though. So maybe they work better against other factions?

I participate in Total War threads when the good games are being discussed. It's also why I notice that the marketing goons for Warhammer are mysteriously absent when there isn't a new DLC to push.

i made threads about total warhammer before and all that comes of it is idiots like you shouting "shill" and denuvo arguments. take off your tin foil hat alex jones and realize some people like games and keep the posting to a minimum because of paranoid insufferable faggots like yourself who can't comprehend someone might play a videogame you persdonally don't like

That's really not saying much, you know. I enjoyed Shogun 2 but I did feel that it was a step back, it felt more limited.

I don't know really. I haven't played the game and I don't plan to. It could be that they're just a shitty unit. Try using them against slow melee units or armies with limited ranged optiions

Stop being triggered when people come into threads to say they don't like something. If you can't handle it then filter them.

How can I respond to this besides "lurk moar faggot"
Holy shit.

wow someone makes a post every time a game games out. MUST BE SHILLS

Agreed, when the game is mentioned on previous tw threads they're just told to download the medieval mod. But what can you do, people turned shill into a meme word and it lost its meaning

If it's not a shill its someone really new

was looking it up elsewhere, consensus seems to be it is just a shit unit, but can be useful in drawing away an enemy unit such as cavalry as it is one of the faster units in the game.

CRACK WHEN

You want to fix that nonsense non-word in your file name?

I take it you're not a greenskin player?

No user, the original meaning of pushing an agenda like say how this abominable shit is anything but is still there. The fact that they do it for free is something else.

the medieval mod is shit and you're better off playing the Lotr mod

i do actually

Nigger, this is a Total War general
I referenced Call of Warhammer myself
How about talking about the games instead of shitting up the thread with your crackpot theories?

If you want to shit up a thread with shill accusations do it on the Destiny 2 thread, I can guarentee you that everytime you call someone a shill on that thread theres at the very least a 50% that your accusation is correct.

I just made this for the people that are interested, I am, I want the Lizards, I want to see them with fancy animations and Campaign unique mechanics.

Game is good, Sega and GW are kikes, thats all there is to it.

How about microing and using Mounted Range like the skirmisher units they are?
They're supposed to wreck light armor before they get to you and pull out, not duel against foot ranged units.

Maybe im just shit, but their low range is making it hard for me to avoid their crossbows, when i go in to attack other units.

by the second their i mean the enemy, the first their is the units themselves

Charge said crossbows with Melee Cav, if counter charged by enemy Cav use your Ranged Cav to support.

Well, for start you're definitely destroying the English language. :^)

And last age is shit. You should wait for the inevitable dlc with 1/12th of the units and new exciting mechanics such as hobbit paratroopers or press b to toss dwarf.

Yup it's a shill.

sounds like a good idea, haven't unlocked melee cav yet as i just started the game. Gunna maybe try using them to attack the wings of their army as they advance toward me, maybe if i can micro it to stay as far to the edge as possible i can draw off units or something. May just have been shitting up my micro before.

Shogun 2 was the only good TW game between the 2007 and 2016 timegap with Napoleon being merely an ok game.

Is any of this also a lie?

But I want guts. The highlight of my last fight was a cannon hitting a chaos Chosen One and his lower half goes flying. The upper half just got vaporized.

YES I LOVE LIZARDS

I like Attila

The one thing I dislike most about this game is, before this TW threads were mostly historical. Now when I go to TW threads I see its 80% fantasy shit

Yeah, you better feel fucking ashamed for giving CA your shekels FULL WELL KNOWING THAT THEY'LL FUCK YOU OVER.

How many more years till we get every faction and denuvo is removed? Waiting on Age of Shitmar to be announced.

To put an end to this question: yes, Pistoliers or however the hell you spell them I don't care are in fact shit, the only use for them is for chaing down fleeing enemies and the occasional flank/rear assault. If you want more ranged firepower early on then recruit more crossbowmen for their range and ability to fire over the heads of your other guys, later on you can get Outriders who are MUCH more useful but still aren't as good for a straight up fight as a missile infantry unit although the grenade launcher variant is pretty nice for dealing with melee mobs.
All that said, the power of the empire lies in their gunpowder: cannons and the luminark to destroy enemy monsters and heroes, the hellstorm the hellblaster and mortars for enemy infantry. Enemy cavalry can be handled by your Demigriff knights and halberds while you tear through anything that's left with your handgunners.

Is the beastmen faction fun to play? I'm considering buying the dlc along with the Wood Elves.

As a Beastman fan I am going to say kind of: their infantry is overpriced and easy to rout but neat looking and fast with good charge and damage, but their Minotaurs are one of the absolute best monsters in the game and are fun as fuck to use, the sight of a bunch of massive bull-men charging/leaping/rolling in to a melee is quite a sight to behold, their magic is good and are armed with the best summon in the game along with one of the much better direct damage spells, Devolve has a nice AOE and also does morale damage on top of that, the Doombull is one of the best heroes in the game and THE anti-hero/lord unit, guaranteed to win most of 1v1 fights he gets in to thanks to his health and amazing damage output. But they also share a lot of units with the Chaos Warriors and some of their units, ungor raiders and their chariots, are just plain shit or hard to use right and EVERYTHING except the Bestigors are lacking in armor and will get torn to shit by enemy missiles.
Their only really notable legendary lord is Morghur, who should have been their faction leader and been in the initial DLC for them just for the record, having good resistance to magic and missile damage while also having crazy summon potential, Khazrak and Malagor are rather uninteresting in comparison.
Their campaign is okay, the random Dark Moon events are more annoying than interesting but their ability to almost always initiate an ambush battle is neat but can also get boring, they also have a preddy gud final quest battle where you kill Karl Franz and King Louen in the final stand of mankind and you damn them all to Chaos.
They are also missing two of their coolest table top units: the Ghorgon, a giant minotaur that has for arms and two of those arms are blades, and the Jabberslythe, a flying moster so damn ugly it drives people insane just by looking at it. It hurts
Should you get it? Not unless it's on sale or if you really want to try some overhaul mod that requires it.
Wood Elves is a much better choice though

Bump

No one wants to talk about Total War?

Probably best to start a new thread for Total War, since not only is this one very specific, you're also bound to be called a shill if you talk about games released in the last 10 years.

Nigger, the thread is fucking called Total War and I made it for every game aside from Rome 2 and Empire
I just made the OP about Warhammer for those who were interested since we're getting shit like this but with better animations, visual and unque game mechanics.

Alright, if we're all Total War games, I need a mod for Medieval 2 that unlocks all factions from the get-go.
Back when I played I thought the "beat this faction to get to play as them" was neat.
But fuck doing that everytime I reinstall the game.
Portuguese best army. Crossbows with shields on their back? Shit ruins other archers so badly it's not even funny.

Wouldn't downloading someones savegame fix that?

There is guide for you to do that your self, but I am in a spoonfeeding mood so here you go:
You can also use this method to play as the Papal States and the Rebels.

I came to this thread for lizardmen and there is a distinct lack of them.

Nice

Here you go
Overdose in Saurus faggot

But user, Pavise Crossbowmen aren't Portuguese exclusive.

Chances are were gonna get ogres in game 2.
4 factions on launch, leaves 4 more factions to be added, im fairly sure theyll add faction DLC so statistically speaking, ogres are a possibility, so are Tomb Kangz. Theyll probably make the map L shaped with naggaroth, ulthuan, lustria and the southlands. The Darklands are a stretch but not impossible.

At this point i got no idea what they are gonna do with game 3.

Lizardmen, Dark elves and High elves were the leaked base factions for the Expansion.
CA said theyll add a fourth one, which will probably be Clan Pestilence. No need to flip your shit Knife Ear.

Neo Holla Forums needs to die.

Theyll shrink it or just include northern lustria and southern naggaroth.

We didnt even get Kislev

I bet the Geometric web will be the same shit.

Man i do hope they base the saurus off something like the first and second pic you posted, not that of the temple guard or the OP, these weird oversized head saurus they used to present a lot during 6th edition just dont look good compared to the fucking killing machines that were on the 7th and 8th army book cover.
Sadly the TT died before Saurus warriors could get redone, the new temple guard models looked great.

I want to fuck the lizardmen.

Chaos Divided on a New Map

I hope theres both for unit variety

well that gives us 4 factions and no potential for DLC.
I guess they could include chaos dwarves and ogre kingdoms in that DLC aswell, which would lead to… ogres beeing the "good guy" faction.

I mean i wouldnt mind Chaos divided but this cant be easy to sell.

I think they will make Chaos divided and basically redo everything from the first two games, basically make Game 3 this franchises Barbarian Invasion.

this map reminds me of an old RPG I played

it was isometric and fantasy IIRC

does anyone know what it might have been? Been looking for that for years, but I was such a small babbie when playing it and barely can remember anyhting about it, but this pic triggered my memory.

I really have no idea how they are going to make Chaos Undivided work, they all should be horde factions but that far in to the Chaos wastes means there shouldn't be any lands to conquer or pillage, and if they are invading the mortal realm then where would they have not invaded yet? The far east with Cathy and Nippon, maybe even Ind?

they didnt even do Kislev they definitly wotn do Cathay.

Thats what makes me think that the third game will not just be chaos.

HIGH ELVES, MY MAN
They got colonies in Lustria.

It still boggles me, making the models for Kislev units should be fucking easy, you have all the rigging and animations for them done already so all you have to do is make new textures and get some people to do some fake Russian accents, they only hard part would be their ice magic and the bear cavalry.
I hope they add more minor factions like Cathy and the Amazons later, they should be rather easy to make and the money they could make off of it should cover it all and make back a lot more.

Heh, and there are people who think the Asrai and Dwarfs are arrogant, can't wait till they see the pure, unfiltered egos of the Asur and Druchii,

Sweet, time for Europe to know the bloodiest Pope ever.

Really only hope is them adding proper modding tools alongside third game.

It will be glorious

they already did Tomb Kangz as a mod, there also is a kislev mod but it isnt great.

You people have ruined this joke so much that not even the Japanese are willing to draw porn of it anymore and Dwarfs are bcoming more and more universally hated because of you. Fuck off.

You cannot add models or new lands. Kislev and Tomb Kings are just reskined Empire and Vampire Counts.

Problem is that most elf factions suck. DnD really made the the idea of elves being free love hippies popular. I know that isn't how warhammer elves are, but such is how it is.

That has absolutely nothing to do with you autistic retards ruining the joke and making people hate Dwarfs on top of that. Fuck off retard.

Vampire Count 0 deaths army:

1 vampire lord with heal spell
1 other leader with heal and AoE fear spell
1 Varghulf
0-1 units Vargheists
as many crypt horrors as can be bought

Run the crypt horrors at their line, stacking units in depth at the part of the enemy line that you want to smash. Force move these units into the midst of the enemy's unit to break it up before attacking with them, and throw the varghulf, vargheists, and Vampire Lord at the same enemy units from the flanks. This kills the unit, from damage, losses, and fear stacks. Keep an eye on crypt horror HP levels and heal them as needed.

The last time I did this I killed an entire Dwarven army with 0 losses. Crypt horrors have high HP, are armored, and regenerate on their own, so stacking heals lets them take a lot of damage.

What is funniest about this army is that it includes around 60 units total

Are you retarded?

It saddens me to know that CA will never make a game as complete or as good as Medieval 2

With a bit more advanced modding you could (in theory) play as the Mongols or Timurids

Pretty good, but outdated compared to Medieval 2.
Garbage

I think I've made it very clear that my favorite factions is the Lustrians which usualy have elfs middling on their territory.
You can stop posting now

Took the words right out of my mouth, cuck.

Dudes, I played Shogun: TW 15 years ago, what's a good game to get me back into this series

so you admit you are fueled more by nostalgia than rational thought since empire is by far the most complete in map size, battle mechanics and strategy map mechanics. nice map of europe medieval, i just took over the goddamned world

Rome, get to it

It also had shit tier Naval battles
Awful physics and melee, since it was the first Warscape game, and its one that still relies heavily in cavalry.

Sure, the prospect of conquering the whole world is neat, but the game is fundamentally broken, at least at launch and soon after, haven't played it in years now.

I'm sorry what? Rome came out in 2004, and Medieval 2 in 2006

What about OTHER game?

Idiot.

So we bother distinguishing between Medieval 1 and 2, but not Rome 1 and 2? Total War: Rome came out in 2004. Fight me, retard.

Garbage

They said they're adding nothing else after Bretonnia.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Tilea/Estalia/Kislev will remain fucked beyond repair.

Nope, they still have shit on their DLC lineup and have confirmed to probably be adding new shit in the future while people wait for Total Warhammer 2.

Only thing thats not coming any more is paif DLC

go back to cuckchan

Who's ready to pay a game's full-price for a shit expansion? Then to pay extra for DLC…

Don't forget: if you dislike it you're a poorfag.

Despite the DLC kikery the game is good

I've been getting mixed messages on that front; CA is currently split in to a few different groups: the first group is working on TWW2, the second is working on the historical title, the third is working on Total War Arena (and no I have no idea why they are still trying with that miserable pile of failure), and the last group appears to be working on a Fall of the Samurai style stand alone title for Total Warhammer and there is still that last piece of FLC- The Old Friend.
All this in mind I do not think CA, SEGA, or Jews Workshop are going to let a possible profit just slip by them without testing it out first.

FUCK YOU!!!

I want to know that game. ;_;

Why would GW let them add in a faction whose models GW can't sell

gw doesn't even make Tilea/Estalia/Kislev minitures and won't now seeing as they nuked the old world

yeah whyd there even be empire in it…
or bretonia..

This is all about WHFB and GW actually let them do quite a few things you wouldnt expect em to.

Theres a small team only working on DLC for Total WaWa

They've already said they were going to release all 15 major factions with 4 base factions in each game.
Tomb Kangz is part of those 15 along with the Ogres and Chaos Daemons.

Do they even sell Warhammer Fantasy models anymore?

They do, but they're pushing Age of Nigmar.

When tomb kings?

Whatever do you mean user?
They're already avaiable
:^)

Wow, they still do
Though they stopped selling them altogether.
Production stopped though, right?

I started my first game playing with the Empire I'm doing the tutorial but I find it boring. What faction should I use instead?

Skaven when?

Finish the tutorial
Midway through the campaign to get the non boring units.
Or play a quick battle.
Either that or go Dorf

Hopefully hopefully never

This thread is the cancer of the highest fucking grade aka don't sweat the details.

Fucking this.

me too sauce?

I'd actually bust a nut if they added Cathay, Nippon and Araby based on models from other games.

There's so much you could do with them too; Flying Carpets dropping bombs on enemy lines, cheap but unshakable Terra-Cotta soldiers, and admit it: you want to see a Samurai with his 1000-times-folded-steel Katana duel with Daemons and Orcs and get fucking raped

GW will never give CA the greenlight to make a rooster bases on the lore and their own ideas will they?
Fuck, I wish Call of Warhammer had something like this, its already great seeing Medieval units fighting all these creatures.
Fuck man

It really is upsetting, but not surprising when you consider the companies making it:
Hilariously terrible at managing their IP's, just look at Sonic and Valkyria Chronicles
Greedy, but capable of making really good games. But holy god damn fuck are they lazy.
The Worst of the three; incredibly Jewish about copyright to the point of making it harder for CA to release modding tools for modders, greedy to the point of driving people away in droves, and REALLY stupid when it comes to managing their IP's.

They only thing I can say for certain about the future of the future TWW titles is that they will remain unpozzed.

Bump

So I tried to play Rome 2 the other day, and I realized just how shoddily built the game is, Total WaWa runs so much better than it, even back when I was playing it with a 640 Nvidia and my GPU.

Rome 2 was a rushed broken unfinished piece of shit.
To this day I still can't believe they opted for the duel like Combat.

Bretonnian Instant Win Army vs. Average Vampire Counts Army:

Fay Enchantress + Mist of the Lady + Earth Blood + Chalice of Potions
2 Grail Guardians
3 Paladins on foot
1 Grail Reliquae
2 Yeomen Archers for Mortis Engine hunting and general harassment (if map is large enough to allow it)
Fill rest of roster with Polearm Men-at-Arms, chevronned as needed

Blob up in square formation inside the Mist of the Lady aura. Grail Reliquae in the middle.

The Men-at-Arms should hold everything other than Grave Guard at bay, such as Blood Knights/Crypt Horrors. Grail Guardians will be able to hold off Skeletons and Grave Guard easily (but will generally fare poorly against anything else, so use them in tandem with your Polearms), as well as block forced pathing with their increased mass. Use Chalice of Potions on massed blobs of Grave Guard to take out half their unit HP in one hit (that ability is as strong as Wind of Death if used correctly). The Fay Enchantress' aura will also give every other surrounding enemy units major debuffs, helping your Men-at-Arms survive. Use Earth Blood constantly.

Paladins are used for gang-banging purposes on individual threats like Lords, Blood Knights or Crypt Horrors who try to break through your Grail Guardian/Polearm lines. Smarter VC players will make a bee-line for your Grail Reliquae, so protect it and don't forget to move it around frequently, since you absolutely require that immunity to fear/terror to survive against VC.

Shoot enemy cav and Crypt Horrors in the back using Mounted Yeomen Archers. But don't count on them being able to do much against smarter VC players who may use speed-buffed hounds.

I took out 2 very high-ranked Vampire Counts players with this build before I uninstalled the game, losing only about ~200 men out of 900 each time. ~400 if you count that time I ate a Wind of Death against that other smarter VC player, but I still managed to win just fine with my tattered remains.

Stream is up

Do people really do this?

Normalfags aren't people

empire was my first total war and I FUCKING LIKED IT. Come at my W formation nigger.

Don't make it good though
Ok

I kind of like Empire, it has all the problems you would expect from Warscape and you can win most fights with just sheer raw numbers but being able to manage a intercontinental empire is fun and you can do stupid shit like invade Britain with an army of Pajeets. And in my opinion it had the best map generation in any Total War, I never felt like I was playing the same thing and there were neat things like walls and buildings across maps that could mix things up a bit with varied terrain that wouldn't go full retard like in Med2 and Rome, even though those stupid mountain fights could be pretty fun. The problem was that it was placed in the games with the worst combat in any Total War games; you win by having more guns and knowing how to manage your formations. That's it.

Shogun 2 also had duel like combat and yet no one complains about it.

I still don't get why people bother bringing polearms/halberds when they always do shit against infantry of comparable cost and hold for around the same time as spearmen. The vamp player would need to be an idiot to get his blood knights killed on slow polearm units.

You don't attack anything. Make a square formation with polearms, sit back, and watch as the Vampire fucker cycle-charges his Blood Knights to their deaths, as the rest of his army slowly gets worn down through sheer attrition.

So not scaly's then.

I did
No war was fought like that
All the cocksucking fanboy faggots will belive Samurai romanticization though.

The combat in Shogun 2 was also shot, the implemented mechanics and the polish it had were the reason it stood out besides its unique setting.

Nigger are you fucking kidding?
Pegasus are alright, but only if you cycle charge and micro the fuck out of them.

Stop More

it's crap then

So what will it be?
What do you guys want it to be?
I think it'll be Total Disappointment

From my collection.

my.mixtape.moe/gbrqsb.replay
my.mixtape.moe/dwaogk.replay
Some replays of my cheese build against VC pros. Those guys are still pretty high-ranked on the new leaderboard, so you can look them up.

Anyone else just getting a white screen?

Or Ottomans invading Sri Lanka. Becoming a trade giant is strangely satisfying.

Funniest shit I've seen in a while. But for those who haven't seen the full trailer the confirmed factions are: HE, DE, Lizardmen, and the Skaven got a small teaser at the end.

here's the real one. lizardmen confirmed. its toto wawa 2

I'm kind of baffled that it's a completely new game rather than just another DLC faction pack

Much better, Lizards look great

Are people really surprised we got Total Warhammer 2? It was really goddamn obvious, even if you never saw the countdown.

Wew they are going all out.

im disappointed in that sense. but apparently if you already have toto wawa the two maps/races will merge and you can play it as one really big game. so its basically going to be a hilariously overpriced expansion

Estalian tercios fighting the skaven and lizardmen never ever.
If only GW hadnt killed WFB.

Why does no one like BSDM Elves?

It is possible for them to be added, CA already added units that didn't exist on the TT or lore for Bretonnia so it's okay for them to do it, just very unlikely.

Because we like Dinosaurs more, but the Witch Elves should've been given more screen time.

Kinda early, considering the first game is less than a year old.

Fuck my live. Why the fuck one franchise I like had to be infested by fucking children. I know they are children. No one who needs to manage his own money would call this a good deal.

a-at least there isn't any sign of preorder DLC yet

Don't worry goy, they'll have the blood DLC ready for the release!

I remenber back before AoSandthewhole time of end thing happened, i was really hyped to see what would happen with the estalian colonies in lustria, the empire getting more steamtanks and other stuff since that would open the way for many ADVENTURES!!!, but no, i got cucked and got sigmarines instead.

Same happened in DoW 2 with the dreadnought roasting the screaming banshees.

I am surprised on the amount of people that like historic total war titles

Also no naval battles confirmed, it will come in a future DLC with a mini campaign focused on it

Also Skaven for fucking sure are coming as day 1 DLC, like no doubt they are pulling another Warriors of Chaos bullshit

Its not like we cant have both, i for one would like total war games that cover other franchises while i would also like more historic titles, those things arent mutuallt exclusive.

Ok now if we were to include DLC.
Base game is 60$/Euro I will assume another two will be also 60$. 180$ right here.
Base one DLC costs 60$. Lets be generous rest of DLC will be 30$ each. 300$ total.

What else is 300$?
nintendo.com/switch/
Entire fucking console.

You know I never thought about that, wonder how they're kikery is going to work there

Yeah it was a bit of a retard moment for the Witches, maybe they weren't used to the smells of Lustria?

Which is why they have teams working on both Warhammer and the next historical title.

rubs hands Jewishly

Well, I was expecting lots of comments with the usual DLC fiesta and pricing criticism but there`s barely any, people are just complaining it`s warhammer again

So how many shekels did they deposit into your account for this post, Moische Goldblatt?

Not everyone is dumb enough to think strapping "2" onto an expansion pack makes it a new game. Who the fuck am I kidding? Fuckers are going to eat this shit up.

Surprised me too, especially because we all knew it was going to happen,

I know I'm doomed to buying it. Kill me

I will
Lizarmen are a thing, I'll buy this one at full and wait for the other games/DLC to be on discount in the future.
How much do hotpockets get paid?

In hotpockets, duh. This is why the jews are winning.

My best guess read excuse is that the slann had a concealment spell cast on them or that they were getting too bloodlusty. The stars of the trailer were definitely the high elves and the lizardmen though. I also hope that the leader was a dreadlord and not Malekith himself. He looked cool, but not close enough to the image I had in my head.

false. its shit

Watch it happen

So has somebody modded Age of Shitmar and the Sigmarines yet or do we have to wait for TOTO WAMHAMMEH 3?

Oy veyyy! I was expecting DLC.

They are going full on out with the furbait.

First, noone likes AoS.
Second, totowawa isnt set during the end times, so no AoS.

Lizardmen and skaven are not for lewds!

you are playing the wrong fantasy setting

they just confirmed 4 races at launch

There IS however a pre-order content, they confirmed it months ago, but it ain`t skaven

The fuck is this? I tried googling but all it showed was Sanguine guards with wooden bolters.

Those are 40k, but the sigmarines look alot like them.

4th faction are savage orcs.

Skaven DLC

All of them are 40k.
Just look at pic. It is clearly some kind of bolter or small rocket launcher.

8 ate my pic.

user, read again.
I said those in your pic are 40k, but that the sigmarines look alot like that.

You'd imagine there being some other vanilla factions as well. They are probably using the same fucking engine anyways.

why?

No it is clipboard images not working properly.

Again look at pic. There is no way it is medieval or anything close to fantasy.

They are for funz and glorius autism, no lewds. do not touch the ratmen or the lizardmen.

What other vanilla factions are on Lustria?

AoS its not medieval, its some weird mixture between high fantasy and steampunk.

The amazons, the pigmeys, the tilean pirates and the estalian colonies as far as i recall.

I mean Vanilla like humans dwarves or orcs.

That is silly user. WH Fantasy was 100% medieval crap. It would be retarded to throw it all away and make some magic steampunk.
It would be equal at throwing away entire 8th rulebook and replacing it with 4 pages pamphlet.

Are those big enough to have their own factions that could rival Elves, Orcs and Lizardmen?

If I recall it right, the Empire and Dwarven collonies are rather small if compared to the already stablished Lustrian factions. Savage orcs are possible though…

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm no expert on WH Fantasy lore.

The current game has some small, unplayable factions that exist to make the map lore friendly, they cease to exist after the early game, either get destroyed or confederate with bigger factions. On the FAQ they say the map will be the size of the old world map, so these small settlements can easily fit

It's exactly what I expected. I just don't hope to see amazons and small collonies as playable factions, even though it would be cool.

Gee user, what a marvelous idea!

Not really, but they could be filler.

I know add stupid rules to it that doesn't fit what any of your fans want.
Sigvald was glorious faggot so lets do something with mirror. Dwarfs have beards so lets make players compare theirs for no fucking reason.
Also lets make some new faction and not add of those to them.

Wait, what?

Well, atleast 40k is improving.
It is a disgrace fantasy battle had to die in order for GW to kick out their executives and get their shit together.
I never played fantasy but it is a great and unique setting.

With every new information they release about 40k I'm afraid it will be the point they go full AoS.

Nah m8, check the threads in /tg/, there are some nice rulechanges going on.

wait what a second game LEL
instead of putting bunch of awesome races on a massive map nope split the game up into three games fulll price each time plus dlc

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this change.

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post.

But goy!
If you own the previus game, you have the option to play a grand campaings with all maps and factions!

Why did they hire him again?

Really though, they are even going back to the different movement rates for all units.

Hes apparently working on AoS.

Ok fuck the act, someone needs redpill.
Rule is Honour of the Clan. Pic is all rules they included in Age of Sigmar. They removed them recently. Reason these rules existed to only old armies was to push people to buy sigmarines, they admitted it somewhere. I won't bother searching for it now.

That is actually good thing to hear.
Now I will think twice before I use my Korpsman squad on some diorama. I got it second hand, and I don't regret it these guys are awesome. 30$ on forgeworld advancing squad plus lascannon.

IDK but fact none of the ton of WH games released right now have anything to do with modern lore is quite telling.

no Ogres, no buy.

I think an Ogre team is coming to Blood Bowl 2 this year.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Their bloody tagline for 8e is out with the old, in with the new and streamline everything in between.

Listen and believe much?

Did people even played with those rules? What's keeping them from just playing the old ruleset?

Also, wasn't there a project for a fanmade 9th rulebook?

Again, go check on /tg/ before flipping a tit.

Again, get the fuck out of here with that shit.

But i dont wanna, its not my fault that you dont care to back up your opinions with facts before you get all bitchy.

Your facts are go away so I can spew my bullshit in piece. I refuse

Now, if you got a legitimate "fact" and are not just your average goon reject with a hardon for shitting up everything /tg/ related with shit bait, please, illuminate me.

Good thing to:
HEAR
I will need to really see a lot opinions and stuff before I get into 40k. Don't worry. Fact I heard it just means I will be motivated enough to do it.
Especially fucking Forgeworld units.

the-ninth-age.com/?simple-page/
It is alive. Recently it got some update. I need to play with my friend again. My chaos got limit to "empored" creatures and his dwarfs to ranged ones.
It even got some tournament in my city recently. It is extremely unpopular but fans of Fantasy stick to it.

No. I tried playing it with friend. It was clusterfuck even with point rules and without special rules. Besides us I haven't met anyone who even played AoS.

So im a goon and shitting shit up because im telling you to go check out whats happening before sperging out?

Any other predictions?

but why?

Glad that's settled then. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Best suggestion I can give you is don't. Their agenda of making the games more accessible to entry level faggots (which isn't necessarily all bad) is completely ignoring how the biggest gate is precisely the price of models and supplements as opposed to rules. thank god chink knockoffs exists

They continually shitting on their own established fluff doesn't help too much, either.

Again, i told you something, you sperged out and i told you go to check the threads on /tg/.
Im not even telling you to go to any GW source, but you just NEED to stirr up the drama and act like this is a conspiracy to make you buy 8th edition.

You realize that i lived through AoS and know of Fall of Cadia?
If after this they still will still try making proper rules I actually might consider it. I love Death Korps too much.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
BLUEBERRY SMURF FUCKER GET OUT

You're (19), still pushing this shit, and you still haven't said anything concrete to me or anyone else for that matter. Impressive, really.

You certainly do them proud.

I need to read more on them. Dead Man Walking had problems but my god everything Death Korps did was god tier.
From guy trying to smile, through holding off necrons, to them shooting their officer immediately after he was used in hostage situation. Have you ever fucking tried to fight Necrons in DoW1 as Imperial Guard? Fuckers are impossible to beat. Only vehicles are remotely useful.

I told you they are making some nice changes and to go check out /tg/, you call me a shill even though ive been in this thread longer than you and actually discussing other things because im not spoonfeeding you, great.

You can fuck them over spamming grenade launcher, that way they can never get their warriors in range while your lascanons take out their vehicles/heavy units.

Trips for Emperor.
No but seriously /tg/ is actually happy for something. Last time it happened was them discovering Dungeon Meshi.

And now I will have to reinstall DoW1 and try it. I hope you are happy.
Or I will finally get into apocalypse mod to actually get Death Korps as actual unit. Instead of skin, I am looking at you DoW2 with your Ogryns in gas masks.

Ever tried garrisoning buildings? Free plasma and autocannons behind a massive HP pool and the best armor class in the game. Put a rocket turret or two behind them for the disruption while you upgrade your kasrkin with plasma, passives and officers and you're golden.The bloody buildings are even immune to Solar Pulse.

I see unsubstantiated claims and a dipshit that sucks at dawn of war. Las does increased damage against vehicle armor, what you're looking for against heavy infantry is predator or emplaced weapon team autocannon.

Waste of trips and a waste of oxygen, honestly.

Is this just your supposition? Or do you have anything to base this off of? Because the lack of naval battles for this is really pissing me off.

My guess is Tomb Kings. Given we're getting the Southlands.

Las cannon rather, does increased damage against vehicle armor or play eldar and ruin near anything with one unit :^)

W-Wanna compare ours?

Fucking HOT

Damn! Good to hear. I'll look into it.

Does it expands on the lore too or only the rules? I remenber seeing something on /tg/ about an non-AoS project on the Warhammer lore were the setting was entering the first stages of an industrial revolution.

Only rules. It is 8th edition with further development on it so it is worth a try. Especially because they allow all miniatures, if you get them on proper bases, you technically should be allowed to play them.

In Poland we have Border Princes which is generally first forum to go to for WH stuff.
Also nvm forum.wfb-pol.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=52879 they are doing this monthly. Including some additional ones in Wrocław only. It looks like I will actually need to paint my fucking army.
Good luck finding some in your city/country. I don't know how stuff works outside of Poland.

Well these are slayers.
One used fact you are technically dead to build helicopters. I see some decided to use it in different way.

No need to thanks.
But please push Creative Assembly to release Kislev as separate faction.

If I could push them I'd do it from a high, high mountain.

>>>Holla Forums

Don't you have some more shit games to buy?

No, Rising Storm 2 only comes out this Summer.

You went to the wrong /tg/. Which is why he didn't link a post or why I wouldn't let him off the hook

Whats the right /tg/?

Holy shit are you assblasted, what do you propose a player should use as IG against the necron vehicles?
Because i said vehicles, but you just need to shit up an all around friendly thread for reasons i do not know.

Why would i link anything?
Im not here to promote shit,i commented on the rules and you started sperging out.

There isn't one anymore. The local board was half dead even before the BO went AWOL or Holla Forums shitposted it to hell, and I'll leave it to the cuckling to promote his own board.

So you need dedicated las cannons to deal with the massive armor column of the cron army a couple of tomb spiders? Good to know. try playing against something harder than easy AI

And I'm still waiting for those facts, friend.

If only. I bet they're gonna charge 60$ for a "full game".
Why do you think they named it Total War: WARHAMMER II

Yes, tomb spiders gave me hell of a time during second tier, thats why i needed lascannons to get them to back off while i got the actual good vehicles (apart from based basilisks) ready to fight.
And you keep going on and on about it, i will not spoonfeed you, i told you were to look, and im not here to promote shit, im you werent such a lazy, ridicolous shitposter, you would go and look for yourself, but you rather shit up a thread and keep being a massive sperg.

Fuck, I misread 200$ as 20$. Sorry user.

then just wait until denuvo is cracked instead of shrieking autistically at the fact a game might cost money

What?
Chrow is around and Holla Forums shitposting is barely a thing there.
Theres even verification.

/tg/ is probably the only steady board I know, slow as fuck, but autistically resilient.

I think I'll leave you alone before you start crying or before your typing goes full Parjeet mode.

Too bad you weren't around say current year -1.

Cute, but I'm still not seeing any facts. :^)

Here's a video with more details and some fags.

mfw this game still hasn't been cracked and that is why people go full autism mode when this game is mentioned

Just in time for the DLC

Isn't that supposed to be where the Tomb Kings are? That will probably be day one DLC.

They'll probably be this game's wood elves. Meaning a $20 pricetag at minimum.

Especially insulting considering they already have skeletons made and they're just going to make new clothes for them.

Also,

Source?

I was wondering about that. Which ones, though?

Another thing is that they said it was going to be a trilogy, so is the third game going to be AoS shit?

I mean, I can see them unifying some regions to remove pointless travelling and scale it better with the other continents, but besides that I'm not expecting anything else.

The Tomb Kings are in Araby. Southlands apparently are home to Lizardmen, savage Orks, Skaven, and some human trading posts.
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Southlands

Its either going to be Naval combat or the Chaos realms.

Someone was saying it would be the four factions of chaos but that seems unlikely considering how much overlap and reskinning there'd be and as much as people have been eating up the overpriced DLC so far I think that would be a step too far still.

I thought the game was cracked ages ago, or was that some other game? I know there was one game that was unlikely to be cracked because nobody in the community cared to crack it.

I need Chaos Divided in my life

It'd be cool, but I can't see it being a full game. A micro campaign expansion at best.

I'd expect naval combat in this one, since the dark elves are pirates and the high elves are predominantly a naval power.

It's from one of their interviews shortly after the trailer dropped.

Nope. Naval Combat for Wawa 2 is going to be auto-resolve only.

I don't give a shit since Naval Combat has ALWAYS been garbage

Then why bother with naval combat at all. This would be the expansion with all the ocean tiles.

It was bypassed for a while, but it depended on a steam exploit that's already fixed.

I told you where to get them, but youre being a little shit that wants to get spoonfed and shitpost.

I am so sorry I wasn`t strong enough

I waited until two weeks ago or so, when Bretonnia dropped and CPY preferred to crack shitman.

I waited 9 months.

Game's fine. Not mad at all.

MFW I pre-ordered a 25% off version

Got gifted the game from a friend, bought the dlc I wanted on sale. Pretty happy with it to be honest. Of course I'm a pretty big fantasy fan in the first place so I was an easy sale I guess.
To be honest, unless you are a fan of warhammer fantasy I'd still say this game isn't worth your time unless you get it on a steep sale. Waiting for moders to redo all the human settlements with unique campaign maps then I intend to do a full on conquer everything with Bretonnia.

That makes more sense, I am an idiot. I guess the DLC will be Skaven fucking things up for everyone.

SOTEK BE PRAISED

But OP, you can't post about Total War here! People are still mad about Rome 2!

So, honestly now. This will get us High Elves, Dark Elves and Lizardmen. This better not be a full-price game, CA.

Okay.

they charged 10 bucks for a pack of lords and some renown units, the fuck do you think its gonna be

Skaven too most likely, maybe Tomb Kings later, but it's going to be full price without a doubt

Bump