First enemy you encounter is the end boss

Which games let you do things like that?

First thing that pops to mind isn't the end boss, but the Asylum Demon from Dark Souls drops a unique weapon if you kill it before you have your proper gear, and it's a weapon so heavy you can't even wield it properly without another 20+ levels.

Sword of the Samurai 4. To get the best ending you actually have to kill an enemy that is somewhat concealed as background.

What was that old Dark Tournament Yu Yu Hakusho game? That did it the best

FUCK YOU FABLE

Kill yourself.

Far Cry 4 in a sense

the game crashing because you hacked the game doesn't count.

WHAT KIND OF SANDALS ARE THOSE, THEY STRAPS DON'T CONNECT TO EACH OTHER, THAT'S NOT HOW SANDALS WORK

A bunch of shitty noname jrpgs do that, I can't remember names because of how bland and generic they otherwise are.
You also can always pursue Lu Bu in dynasty warriors games, but defeating him never gives you anything, not even significant chunk of exp or interesting drop.

Weren't those guys running naked at the time?

None, because fuck that I'm the game director and I say that you have to be exposed to everything in the game before you can complete it.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild?

I played a gba YuYu Hakusho game where you fight that dude. it was a bitch to do, but if you kite him a gorrillion years, you beat him, credits roll, and the fat boss man tears through the "Thanks for playing" banner at the end, saying it wasn't supposed to end like this, and the game continues as normal.

Is this the same game?

Disgaea 2 and Soul Nomad both have alternate endings for winning fights you're supposed to lose.

You mean you didn't do the difficult quests while you were low level?

How low level and poor were you throughout the game?

I think it's supposed to all be connected to a single vertical shin strap on the front that you can't see.

He's talking about two or three quests that are literally only there to tease the fact that you can get cooler quests as you gain renown. They even explain it away by saying briar rose took the quests before you.

Coulda been the same title? The one I played was on the PS2.

I heard theres a way to beat the final boss in ephemeral fantasia by utilising a sort of trick but I can't recall if it changes anything or not.

Z.H.P Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman lets you kill the final boss on your first try but only after beating the game Theres sever phases for the boss that all require you to lose to advance the story, but you can kill him at any phase after youve beaten the game to change the ending.

Fuck the entirety of Briar goddamn Rose

Knew exactly what the fuck you were talking about and im still mad as hell

Tales of Destiny on PSX. First real boss is supposed to be a loss, but it can actually be beaten. If you do, you get an immediate ending. He's not the end-game boss but that's the closest I can think of.

If you kill the tutorial enemy in OFF, you get a game over.

That shit still upsets me. It gives you no real justification story-wise to continue the game after being given a satisfactory ending that shows that the BBEG shows no ill-intent towards you

Overlord?

How has nobody said Ninja Gaiden?