Paid early access for a port

Early Access was a mistake.
I blame Minecraft for all of this.
Minecraft had such a fucking bad impact on the industry it's not even funny

Minecraft was just fine.

Oblivion's horse armor is what started it all

Clearly you missed the part where Notch and Mojang decided to not implement all the features they said they would and just release it and pretend it was fully developed.

Not as bad as valve.

none of the normalfags paid attention to that though. The horse armor is a fairer example of poor impact on the industry, though it cannot be traced to one single thing

So in your mind successfully cutting content without anyone raising a fuss and making billions off it is less of an example about how bad early access is over a non-early access game cutting content and selling it later and people talking shit about it?

So fucking retarded.

Rust has been in Early Access for three years now. I think Valve needs to finally admit that maybe some people are just using it as a "B-BUT IT'S JUST A BETA" excuse. Not all of them, but definitely some of the more well-known devs on the platform.

That's how they were fuck over the industry, moron. I blame 4chan. 2chan was a mistake.

I have games in my wishlist just to see if they ever get released. Most don't.

This is why you only buy games when they are finished and heavily discounted.
Nothing is worth buying full price anymore.

Valve doesn't give a shit. The system is working as intended. They know an inexperienced investor will waste all his money, so they let the steam users become the investors. Billions of dollars are being wasted on failed games that never get released, but guess what? Valve gets a cut.

This is the exception.
Krome actually gives a shit about being a good developer

Still, when Garry Newman, someone who's practically synonymous with Valve, is abusing the system and generally acting like a jackass about it, you'd think something would be addressed.

(molested)

are you kidding me? valve is the epitome of what a left business model is, thanks to fanboyism

Gaben just wants the money to become immortal.
They will become like JC of Deus Ex.
They will switch their minds to cyber bodies and then become immortals. They are grinding more money to make their loyal servants immortal too so they can govern forever with an abusive and tyranic fist.

I don't know, maybe it's just that small shred of optimism that something would go right in this godforsaken industry.

Considering how that dev handled early access on the first game port I wouldn't really say there's anything fishy.

the market is already fixing its self thanks to normalfags becoming more and more distrustful of the industry thanks to all those hard lessons they swallowed, that and vidya is so expensive to produce nowerdays that the market is shifting towards mobile smaller games which should let the niche actual hobbyists come back and do their thing

do you really, truly think that minecraft of all things was the very first game that ever cut corners and made insane profits off of it? are you savagely retarded, or are you just willfully ignoring the tons of games that cut content then sell them after the fact as DLC? many of which came before minecraft, mind you

you don't need to like minecraft and you're right to think it's a blight on the industry, but acting like it's some big ebil conspiracy man is fucking ridiculous. at least you only buy minecraft once

He didn't come close to saying that, Autismo.

Rust? Motherfucker DayZ was the original Early Access game. Has it even caught up to the free mod yet? I know it aint out early access.

It will never leave early access because users can demand a refund when it does.
And I am sure 90% of them would.

Day Z can also be blamed. Which is still in EA

Show me a big, complex game that didn't leave features behind on the cutting room floor and I'll show you a game that was never finished

Jesus Christ, really?

This, Krome did the same fucking thing for the first game too. Finished up in Early Access just fine and delivered what was promised.

Crate did the same for Grim Dawn.

I know EA is a good indicator of shit games, but come the fuck on.

Valve does not give a
FUCK

Everyone who plays one of valves games is bitter as fuck about them. You might think "Oh wait, what about reddit", but I honestly doubt reddit even plays the fucking games either since all they bitch about is cosmetics and garbage memes. Everyone who complains about problems is usually ignored, and the community either stops caring or just deals with it.

Valve doesn't care about these people. They know they will play their games anyways because all of valves games are popular and niche enough to keep dedicated players to attract the kids who waste money.

Valve only has a slight concern in steam, and only enough to appeal to normalfags. Gog is the only thing that comes close and even then it's like comparing Windows and Mac for game support. Not to mention the entire industry around valve is doing so much hardcore jewing constantly that valve can keep it's saint status without even fucking trying. I use to think everyone on here who hated valve more than EA or Zenimax just set the standards higher for them, but the more I observe valve the more I realize they are probably the most evil of all the corporations. They are also the most deceptive.

Anyone who puts hope in valve might as well would have put hope in HL3.
They know they have what it takes to attract normal fags.
They know that the dedicated players are the minority.
They know the dedicated players will always be there
They know normal fags will always waste money on stupid shit
They don't care.

Valve has just caught up to the standard business model for software monopolies; stop giving a shit and make people pay to beta test for you.

Oh and I forgot to mention. Every time a group rises up to oppose valve, like the l4d2 boycott group. Wanna know what valve does? They invite them in, blow their minds, becomes best buds and subvert and destroy the opposition.

but why

Yeah, I get that. It just kills me how companies can just get to the point where they can just go "you know what? FUCK PR!"

And people said there was no such thing as too big to fail.

Not so much "Fuck PR' as much as it is "Fuck our core users". I mean even with Gary Newman, most people don't even know who he is outside of people who at least played the orange box on release. Most people on steam now are probably people who came to it for Skyrim or the Sales.

when you're no longer some niche little thing and your entire audience was replaced with 12 year old children just when the transition happened

They got quite bit of backlash I guess, if they had to put this in game's description

GabeN got tired of people calling him a fat virgin so he decided to fuck everyone simultaneously and continuously.

Oh my god, even DayZ is still saying "we're in Alpha?" Jesus, no wonder Unturned seems to be gaining traction among the "zombie survival" community.

>I thought L4D was an open world survival game, but it turned out to just be a linear team based shit show I still have no clue why people like this game
>Decided fuck it because someone did my and god knows how many other peoples idea

It's just sad. These people could have taken it to the next level, but instead they set unrealistic goals for themselves and then just acted like "Everythings fine" when the ship is sinking. Now they're dead in the fucking water.

I kind of stopped having hope for DayZ when I heard they were stream-sniped by a hacker during one of their Q&A sessions. I don't think they even did anything about it.

I didn't even hear about that. I can't say I ever had hope. I'm just pissed now that their shit game set the bar for all future zombie open world games and how they spoiled their potential.

Dead Frontier is the best zombie mmo out there.
I have tested most shit but only this gets close.
It is like playing the walking dead basically. You can get robbed, killed in pvp (in the area of forced pvp enjoy dying by one hit kill stuff or players), loot to survive, need food too.
I think that's what we want in a survival zombie game. The downsides are obviously pay 2 win, lots of grind, lag and the best loot is also restricted to gold members.
If you don't mind real hard survival and grind, then not getting a membership is for you. Otherwise you will need one to survive. If you want to join I can give you tips.

The biggest issue I had with dayZ was that there was no emphasis on the zombies. Maybe they fixed it now, but before they posed absolutely no threat, and it always ended up being a kill on sight pvp game.

The thing that always bugged me about zombie games is they're always PvP. I always wanted something similar to the church maps on ZPS or dawn of the dead, where the zombies are such a gigantic threat that people are forced to band together. People only team up if they have friends ahead of time. It's rare to just find a group of people in game and try to go play you against the elements. I guess that wont really exist with griefers in the mix.

I might keep your game in mind though.

The entire game is pvp free until the very last zone currently. And you don't really have to go there anyways right now.
So you can play pretty well up until the secronom bunker.
You can do fine with gear that costs like 30m, if you go heavy bio reactive x 2, greyhawk/rex, xl gunner, stat booster, if you go light which I recommend (like 15m) shinobu mesh, uziel, rex/magnum 457, stat booster.
You won't afford stuff with superb stats anymore, but still an defend yourself.

Can you stop being a newfag?
Next you'll complain about Dirt Rally because it had a publisher behind it.

DayZ was never going anywhere, they left everything that made it shoddy & early access alone and added moar baubles.

Minecraft is not a big complex game. It was half a dozen people with shit loads of money. They could've finished but Notch decided he wanted to fail at making another game and then sold Minecraft to Microsoft.

It was amongst the first to do it for early access.

Both 'The Forest' and 'Subnautica' comes to mind

I don't get it, did they photoshop Breivik or was he really that red in the face? What can possibly do that, too much jacuzzi in that 5 star hotel room they call his jail?

The were showing one of his youtube videos in court I think he got choked up
Either that or it's the moment he realized he would be playing spyro on ps2 for the rest of his life

the white mans burden applied to vidya

The PC is a Jew
Costs too much, and claims to be the best when the PSP does what you need

We live in a world were Minecraft is worth billions.

Yes I'm angry.

Minecraft is worth billions
Gaben is worth more than Trump
Everyone still believes Todd's lies
The world is a very strange place

Gaben won't be remembered for anything other than a fat sellout
Trump will be remembered as a great fixer of america

This thread is has no style it has no grace. This thread is a fucking disgrace. Nobody in the thread is even going to acknowledge that the game is in early access so they can get it running nicely on a full range of hardware like the first game.

You niggers don't even play games do you?

PC can't even handle a 13 year old console game

>>>/NeoFag/

It's a shame they fucked it up because it had a lot of potential. All they had to do was make zombies enough of a threat that surviving on your own is a pain in the ass forcing co-operation if you want to spend less time just staying alive.

Does this technically count as a port or a remake? How much of a difference is there?

I assume if they're using a new engine, it'd count as a remake, but I don't know if they are.

If you think it's okay you are part of the problem.

DLC != Early Access
Not in any way, shape or form. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

If you're not a child, NEET or retarded you can put down your gaming PC as a business expense, you cannot do so with a console. Mine cost me less than a game on sale in the end.

getting it to work =/= getting it to work well
You don't know shit about games.

Two suggestions for you:
Indie/EA. Borderline autistic isometric zombie survival game with a decent share of crafting and building. Fairly difficult, and some neat options for simulating the apocalypse, like choosing when the power goes out. Open world with large map.

AA game. Play as a colony surviving the zombie apocalypse. DLC introduces freeplay mode while the base game is story mode. More about upgrading a base and collecting resources and fighting zombies in melee or shitty ranged combat than evasion and free building. Good management features, interaction with other survivors. Generally feels like a proper apocalypse with the exception of combat being a little too easy (balanced by special zombie types and fairly large hordes). Open world with moderately large map, feels massive until you find a fast car and can start zipping around.

He's not wrong in DLC being where it started.

Started with things like horse armour and eventually moved to Day 1 DLC, or games released as "complete" but needing patches after release because they failed QA testing.

That last bit is where early access came into play. Triple A devs are already releasing incomplete games and either having players buy parts of it with Day 1 DLC or tiny patches or letting them deal with crashing and balance issues until the patches start coming out. But people are still buying the games and pre-ordering them despite knowing these problems will exist. So why not be honest and advertise your game isn't complete and may never be complete, but get idiots to buy it anyways.

Doesn't the whole
HURRR EARLY ACCESS
Bitching go out the window when the game is already finished? Or are you just that much of a dick sucking faggot.

I'm more concerned about

I find it sad that Roblox DayZ is more complete than DayZ itself.
And from what i've heard more fun.

Therein lies the problem, bud

I think his point was the game is complete but the port itself may still need debugging or fixes for certain hardware.

its pretty fun when you play with a large group of friends. building structures is a pain in the ass though, and the skill-tree mechanic is dumb. idk about optimization because i haven't played in a while, but i'm sure its gotten better.
its free to play, and the only thing that a premium account gets you is access to special skins and shit.

Sounds like the release of any game in the industry's current state, to be frank.

Not with half his family sounding like a Tel Aviv phonebook, he won't.

Go play your identity politics shit with someone else Gunther.