Video Game Dreams

I took a nap today and dreamed the weirdest dream.

I dreamt that I was having a discussion with my brother about arcade cabinets on the way to my mom's old apartment (she's now a meth head so this dream is supposed to take place before that, when she still had partial custody, even though me and my brother are adults and were adults in the dream).
While there I found "my old" Donkey Kong themed Social Studies textbook that was meant for 5th graders (which is weird because the school owns those books in Arizona). As in, it literally had the CGI Donkey Kong and Diddy from DKC/DK64 on the cover. The basic history contained in the book was that a Spanish conquistador discovered Kong Island in the 15th century and for some reason this lead to an economy based on using mammoths as draft animals for agriculture and construction, complete with little diagrams and stuff (I think that Kong island had native mammoths but the Kongs hadn't figured out agriculture). The conquistador enslaved the Kongs as the Spanish colonial governor and lived for so long that his flesh fell off and he became a skeleton. The only way the Kongs could resist the Spanish army was by constructing a retractable castle wall around a giant crab that also lived on the island, so that it was like a mobile fortress (which is weird because the kinds of fortifications they were using would have been easily demolished by Spanish cannon). The conquistador laid siege to the crab-fortress by having his men dig miles of very deep trenches around it and summoning skeletons from the depths of the earth. The skeletons died easily but but poured forth endlessly, many of them able to enter the crab's walls through holes made by cannon fire. After the siege the conquistador is cursing to himself because he couldn't find and execute Donkey Kong. That's when I woke up.

Anyway, I'm trying to remember my other weird video game dreams now

That wasn't a dream, you called me earlier today and blabbed for like an hour about it. You seemed high

Not bad.

I'm always relatively surprised to see so many anons specifically from AZ on the site.

I also had another dream where I was playing a mixture of Custom Robo and Runescape, and then I went out into my living room, when I saw that the couch was pushed far away from the wall. A tall, thin, pale ghoul leapt out from behind the couch and shouted "I disagree with your mind!" in my face. Then he strangled me. That dream scared the shit out of me and it happened in 2006-ish.

Now I want to hear what other people have dreamt.

Funny enough, I actually don't do drugs right now, I used to drink and smoke weed but I stopped doing both of those for a few months now.

Maybe the weather forces people indoors. Or maybe people from Arizona have a a tendency to say "I'm from AZ"

I've had plenty of video game related dreams, but they were mostly about Zelda specifically, and I don't really remember them anymore because they were long ago and my dream journals are gone. I can remember bits and pieces, like this one dream I had where I was swimming in the fucking ocean and I found a raft. I got on the raft and found a bunch of objects to interact with on the water's surface, including a giant cartoon shark that wanted to eat me but that I could repel by shooting apples at from a cannon. I remember another dream where I was deep in a magical forest, like the Kokiri forest, and there I had to find a magical sword.

Reading this shit might sound boring, but when the dreams were happening they were pretty impressive to look at, I guess. Far more entertaining than any real Zelda game. I've also had dreams that looks like they could've been a video game, but were not based on some video game IP that I already knew about.

Dreams are weird as fuck.

I had a dream were I had a vagina and was fucked by a big black man.

My dreams are always weird spy movies inspred by James Bond and Mr. Bean, that invetibly involve John Dies at the End supernatural hijinks and killer puppets straight out of people's nightmares. Oh and men and women engage in shounen fighting as foreplay before fucking.

That's called Johnny English

I've had many dreams where I was playing a game. Here's one I managed to write down a few days ago:

I had a dream when I was 10 about a giant wasteland where I was cold and hurt, so I found an impossibly tall decrepit house made of splintered and rotted wood that changed shape every time I looked away.

Inside were monsters with giant nails shoved through their chests from the back chasing me without moving while I ran from them into a maze of broken wood and rusted nails.

Left and right, over and over, eventually I made around seven turns right in a row after alternating over and over and came to a maze that wasn't there, where I was chased once more. It felt like a whole day had passed by the time I found a door that led to a dirt tunnel where they stopped chasing me, and I saw a light where the tunnel sloped upwards. I then woke up.

It was caused by a video game called The Suffering, which I watched my dad play. I wasn't especially scared of it, but when I went to bed I had that dream.

I sometimes wonder if I would have died for real if those monsters had actually caught me.

On a more horrifying note, also when I was 10, I dreamt I bought and played Kingdom Hearts 3 (because I thought kingdom hearts was fucking fun) and when I woke up I thought I actually had it and that i'd actually played it yesterday.

I didn't. That fucking ruined my day. And because it was a dream, I couldn't make out what I'd played, only that I had played it and it was the best shit ever.

I had a dream when I was little where I saw my house burn down and I was crying because I knew my family was dead even though I never saw them once. All I saw was fire, all around me and I wasn't hot, I was cold.

I had a recent dream where I saw a being made of literal shards of light (it was like a neon glass monster) eating gauze in my parent's bathroom. I approached it and asked "do you want something to eat?" (i think) and it turned towards me, stared at me for a minute, and lept at my face.

I had a dream where I was running along the grass outside my house, and eventually I ran so fast and became so light that I could run across it without my feet touching the ground.

I had a dream that was a year long, but I don't remember what I did, but I had kids with faces I couldn't see and a wife with black hair and I remember them being happy.

I had a dream where I took a piss in the bathroom and then went back to sleep, but I think I was sleepwalking that time.

I had a dream of going to school naked when I was like a toddler and it was extremely embarrassing, but it had a sequel when I was in high school and it was not embarrassing and was in fact exceedingly enjoyable because I was banging literally every girl in the dream school in public view in front of a whoopin' and hollerin' crowd, none of them had identities, so I wasn't actually dream-banging people I actually knew. I didn't have a girlfriend.

I also dreamed that I was in the Naruto anime, where I slapped the shit out of Sasuke for the entirety of it. Just the entire goddamned thing was a fucking comedy because I was slapping the dude as soon as he did fucking anything at all, he couldn't even get a word in.

I also had a dream where I was Link, but it was a Majora's Mask type deal, but before the moon hit I punched it and it broke open like a pinata and there was candy.

I wish I had more dreams, but they only seem to happen under stress.

i dreamt a bunch of soldiers were fighting some dudes in blue trenchoats who had a black chopper.
When everybody was dead Hillary came and started placing white supremacy flags and taking pictures
all SNES graphics style

Eat something with onions and bell peppers and play some vidya before bed.
Then you'll see some real shit

I once dreamed i played a game that was like a Mix of Blaster Master and Minecraft, but with better graphics and liquid physics like Terraria

I had a weird vidya-related dream a couple of nights ago but now I can't remember what the fuck it was about.

Reminds me of one time when I had to piss really bad but it was cold as fuck so I just tried to go back to sleep. Eventually I had no choice but to get up and go though, so I threw the blankets off and stumbled into the bathroom, then finally let loose the stream and felt sweet relief wash over me.

Then I felt something else wash over me. And then I woke up.

That's a nightmare, son.

You lucky cunt. And I say this as someone who dreamed about kissing pic related.

Why wasn't this how the series went? In fact, go further and just slap everyone in it. Even whoever the waifus were. Fuck I can just imagine the canned laughter and Seinfeld basslines.

I had a dream nintendo did their own Overwatch clone with nintendo characters, and there was a character who was support/crowd control who was Kirby with a powerup with horns. he made enemies go to sleep. If he got damaged enough he would lose the powerup and just turn into normal kirby. The power-up kirby support was pretty OP.

I had a dream that I was watching the latest episode of Samurai Jack with my mom. Jack falls of a cliff but enters into a Star Wars droid base and starts fighting everything. I have no idea what to make of it.

I had a dream where I woke up in the Zone from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
I was in the Rookie Village, I walked over to Sidorovich and asked him what was going on in the Zone, he gave me a weird look and said "Marked One, what the hell!?", I blinked and suddenly I was on a train, the train was full of a bunch of normal blokes going about their business, I also noticed I was a trap.
Later the train crashed into a giant Colosseum, looked like the one where Joseph beat Wamuu.
On one end of the Colosseum was Van Darkholme wearing the Manikin mask from Dark Souls 2, on the other end was Billy Harrington, both of them went up to each other and started doing a knife fight.
Billy Harrington won and approached me, I backed away but bumped into a shirtless Big Guy with a mask on behind me.
I won't explain what happened next but I think i'm gay now.

I once remember having a lucid dream where I

And that's where I woke up. I wonder what was behind that door?

I had a dream where I got doubles

H-help plz

Rarely have vidya dreams but this one creeped me out

And ever since then I've been worried that I'd get body-snatched in MMOs

Took some alpha brain before bed one night and had a dream where I was escaping some kind of police station but I could only use my fists and everything was pixelated like Wolfenstein 3D/DooM/Duke Nukem/Shadow Warrior/pseudo 3d FPS games from the 90s.
When I punched a cop, they'd fly back into whatever wall was behind them and explode into a pile of pixelated gore.
Everything was very colorful and the cops were wearing bright blue uniforms.
It was pretty groovy.

Long story short, I dreamed about the DLC area in Dark Souls down to the talking mushroom on the tree before I even got there or knew it was a thing.

I thought I just played to much Dark Souls until I actually did some research, found the PC version had the DLC area included, and figured out how to get there. It was pretty surreal.

Never had anything like that happen since.

Wow, that is pretty scary

Funny enough, I wet the bed like 6 years ago at the age of 16. In that dream, there was a fairy who pointed at my house's toilet, and I was Peter Griffin for some reason. Then I woke up and my sheets were wet. Sometimes I think that your dreams can point to the status of your body.

I don't know what to say other than it sounds hilarious.

Kickstart it

Weirdest vidya related dream I had was where I was the main bitch from life is strange and she had gotten kidnapped and put in some slave camp
Last thing I remember she was getting raped by a dildo with some edgy voice over about becoming a real woman then I woke up
I have a lot of weird dreams about SJW games. NITW gave me a dream where the game had an actual ending, it was something about gassing the cult then scaling down the hole with ropes and dynamite, I woke up before it finished but it made me salty for a bit since it seemed interesting

I can't say that I've experienced your pain, since I dream almost every night. Sometimes I wish I didn't, but the grass is always greener on the other side.

I remember that endless NITW spam, that shit was annoying. But it seems like you gave the game an actually interesting ending.
That reminds me of some dreams I had years ago. In one, there was a guy who lived in the woods who looked like Robin Williams in Insomnia (where he played a crazy guy in Alaska). The guy in the dream would skin people alive and then hang the skin on clotheslines outside his cabin (in a heavily wooded area). He captured me or something and started moving the lips of a flayed face, saying (in a mocking tone) "you're going to be like us soon"

The other weird dream had a serial killer kidnap my grandma. He communicated through one-way radios embedded in red matryoshka dolls that had their mouths hollowed out in a recursive honeycomb pattern. He mostly mocked me and breathed very heavily.

Also, has anyone had any dreams like either one of these:
OR
I get these fucking dreams all the time and it's starting to piss me off

Unless I'm missing something, it's only like 3 threads and some minor shitposting in other threads. Did it get bad or something?
Back to the topic of dreams: I have dreams every so often, but I can't for the life of me remember them in any real detail. The ones I do remember are either stupid or made me mad in some way. Hell, I used have a reoccurring dream that left me waking up crying and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
Any of you guys know how to dream more often and remember them?

I have an Ark Survival Evolved dedicated server I've been running for about two months, mostly so I can play the game on my toaster of a rig.

At the start we had about 20 active players daily.

Now the server is basically dead.

I had a dream last night where it had a bunch of new randos that joined and had fun and thanked me for hosting such a fun server.

I think I had a dream where I was playing crash 1 and I beat Lost City, which did happened in real life but on a psp.

I never watched Johnny English, it all plays through with grave seriousness with the, I don't know how to put this, dream logic? For example here I am trapped with a killer puppet and I have to somehow escape with a used sock soaked in some unidentifiable liquid in my holster because my partner decided to prank me before we took the assignment and I never noticed because Dream Logic. Instead of a comedic note I end up being terrified because it's a fucking Slappy puppet who can teleport like the grudge and and make those fuzzy metal wires I forgot what they were called turn into monstrous terrifying spiders that try to crawl into my eyes and throat.

It's not that good, they're pretty strange.