Non-vidya music is trash

Fact: video Games have better music than music not composed for video games. Show me a fucking song and I will show a song from a video game better than it.
If you play Soul Edge and listen to any other music other than what's in the game, then you deserve to have your face stomped into a truckstop toilet.
Unless it's a game with no soundtrack or the soundtrack is utter shit, then don't play anything over it.

Other urls found in this thread:

flyingomelette.com/oddities/musicalsim.html
66.90.93.122/ost/emperor-battle-for-dune/mnqlonbeez/13-tribute-to-evil.mp3
66.90.93.122/ost/lsd-remixes/yaemmiaack/2-01-long-tall-eyelash-ken-ishi-mix-.mp3
66.90.93.122/ost/neotokyo/febktxiiwx/neotokyo-211-footprint.mp3
66.90.93.122/ost/spider-man-and-the-x-men-in-arcade-s-revenge-snes-/xphrrcuqnn/11-spider-man-and-the-x-men-gambit.mp3
flyingomelette.com/oddities/musicalsim.html)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Hubbard
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know

Then why do so many video game tracks steal from non-vidya music?
flyingomelette.com/oddities/musicalsim.html

They're both good, but they both have different objectives. Best OST belongs to Silent Hill 2.

That source.
>City Connection's main theme sounds "very close" to Chuck Berry's Johnny B Goode.
Yeah, maybe the first few notes, but the rest of the song is downright an upbeat version of Tchaikovsky's Concerto for Piano No 1, Op 23 (it's also used in Parodius I think)

While I think about it, Antarctic Adventure used another classic everybody heard, but no one knows what the fuck it is (Waldteufel's Skater's Waltz). Feel free to look for some Colecovision gameplay, it's terrifying.

You are smoking crack if you think vidya shit could ever compare, let alone exceed a classical symphony.

It's simple. Japanese game developers for the most part are westaboos. Didn't you know that every video game developer loves fallout 4?
But just because Rondo of Blood uses a few notes from Bad Dudes, doesn't mean that it rips off the entire sound track.

Alright, show me a classical symphony better than this.

Disposable weebshit game. Who cares.

sure, I'll feed your autism op, get me some vidya music better than this.

what?

Shit let me get a better embed. Hopefully this works.

These are good, go on. I long for a good VGM thread.

66.90.93.122/ost/emperor-battle-for-dune/mnqlonbeez/13-tribute-to-evil.mp3
66.90.93.122/ost/lsd-remixes/yaemmiaack/2-01-long-tall-eyelash-ken-ishi-mix-.mp3
66.90.93.122/ost/neotokyo/febktxiiwx/neotokyo-211-footprint.mp3
66.90.93.122/ost/spider-man-and-the-x-men-in-arcade-s-revenge-snes-/xphrrcuqnn/11-spider-man-and-the-x-men-gambit.mp3

Also how the hell is that an argument? Even normalfags are perfectly fine with video game music. I've never had someone tell me that video game music is childish, when most people listen to movie soundtracks themselves, and even a lot of normalfags listen to some video game music.

checkem

Nicely meme'd friend! Have an upsage

I only listen to real music :)

There's Mahjong games with better music than Final Fantasy.

Shit, meant to post this.

I want to see this thread burn.

And this.

Doesn't matter what your opinion of music is nigger, the simple fact is that symphony would of died out due to the lack of interest if not for vidya. Orchestras don't make any money doing shows, they do make money doing vidya music.

And finally this.

Well shit, where were the threads for that?

I raise your spooky to my comfy.

When did I fucking say this?

Comfy, you say?

Comfy is always good. I like comfy. I like you.

Sorry kid, not even close. Nostalgia, sadness and homesickness are not even in the same realm of proudness, glory, honour and power.

OP you truly are a special kind of autist.

so true. all the kids at my school listen to shit like lil gayne or kangay west. they make fun of me because i like to listen to video game music but i told one of the popular sluts who was doin it that autotune crap is fake like her boobs and she started cryin. i felt pretty cool. too bad that my generation sucks

Sounds like some sawano garbage.

Not exactly what I'd call comfy, but still quite good.

This Patriotic enough for ya?

OP has autismus, is probably a kid, and the only music he ever listen or knows are VGM and his local radio station's Pop/Contemporary, so he must think there's only those 2 kinds of music, or if you don't listen to VGM, you must be a Pop listener.

Every generation is shit.

Op made this thread ironically after his got deleted. It was the one saying he puts fuckshitup music on but gets worse at the game. Poster said don't play music in multiplayer, I guess because people need to communicate, and the thread was deleted.

Or the third option where you don't listen to music at all.
I was wrong about video game music being the best music. Saturn is best music.

So you are conceding thay there is no vidya music that can is comparable to Mozart and can beat his Requiem?

Actually, the OP was supposed to be my reply to his. And since the thread got deleted I wanted to make a thread dedicated to him alone.

No, it's worse than the other one also.
You must understand that the musics I posted are the kind that make you collapse in tears while listening to it after winning a Gold medal in the olympics, or by igniting your fierceness and giving you high doses of adrenaline before a football match starts.
These are the kinds of music that makes you want to go to war, to protect your land and people and that makes you realize that you are part of something bigger and greater.

Tumblrtale

What kind of person needs a song to convince them that their country is great rather than relying on their own ideals and beliefs?

You're right, there is no vidya music, but there are sounds that are more pleasant.

Well this is embarrassing, I meant to reply to

You are doing it for you ancestors, for your people and for your land.
It's about the ideal and the spirit, not some specific suspicious wrong warfare.

Then why the hell does the music matter? Do I need to constantly consume shit to tell me that I'm right?

>Burnout Paradise

Music has the capacity to evoke great emotions. If there's magic in the world, it's the invisible waves of sound, that can change your mind, reason and emotions alike, be by just speaking in a conversation or with higher music.

For instance, listen to this powerful music. It shakes you, it changes your mental state to an almost transcendental state of beauty.

Why are you mentioning final fantasy in the first place then?

So does literature. so does photography, and every other medium. Just because I don't like my country's national anthem doesn't mean that I don't love my country.

Sorry, meant to reply to
I agree that vidya is keeping symphony alive. sorry for the confusion.

this thread is bait and I have taken it

Another example. This gives you goosebumps, this elevates you, this is powerful.

Listen to this powerful music. It shakes you. It changes your mental state to an almost transcendental state of beauty.

I can't hear shit in that video and it hurts my ears quite frankly.

If you would have posted vid related I would have nothing to respond to.

The vast majority of my music comes from vidya and anime, but I'm definitely adding this.

How is Jade Cocoon?

Are you that faggot who deleted my thread about playlists outside of vidya? You queer, If I wanna blast KMFDM and Nirvana while playing Postal 2 I'll do it, stop it with this retarded "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" mentality you absolute fucking nigger. Fagmins on Holla Forums, I swear.

>>>/tengri/

Damn, you're actually putting up a challenge, unlike everyone else.

I hold no power to delete threads.
I could have sworn that Postal 2 barely had music in it. KMFDM music would fit amazing in it.

Let's see what Andrei Tarkovsky had to say regarding the issue of music.

That said, music in video games and cinema can't play at their own pace. They must become an organic part of the image, almost indistinguishable from the natural sound effects of the game or film. They must not disturb the authenticity of the image presented, and therefore music that is played in a game must be organic, tantamount to the sound effects. This is the reason why a good score can't be enjoyed when listened autonomously.

The only music in video game I can respect are the ambient score of STALKER and Silent Hill, in which they're indistinguishable from the sound effects of the game, and Doom (2016), where the frantic atonal score blends organically with the sfx and the image.

Incredibly slow when you replay it years later. Even with fast forward on PCSX2 I couldn't find the time replay it. I vaguely remember beating when I was a kid and it being fun, but super grindy if you want to actually breed a powerful divine beast. Got some nice music.

Vidya music can be great, but c'mon.

How about scores like in the Ace Combat holy trinity?

This is one of the most bullshit things I've ever read. Just because music is attached to another medium doesn't mean that it can't be enjoyed on its own.

Part of what makes Overkill so great is the video that accompanies it.

You mean the first three?

Also, why do a lot of you faggots think that music has to be deep and meaningful in order to be worth anything?

Vidya music is best when it doesn't try to best the greats, because all you end up with is cliche after cliche and instead of devoting yourself to the sound, you devote yourself to ancestor worship.

It's quite fine to learn from the past, but an imitation of someone else's sound won't really compare to the actual real deal.

Instead treat everything as an instrument and make what suits you, from the least avant garde to the most obscure, it doesn't matter. Even entire orchestras can be your instruments. There are no rules in music, only what sounds good and what doesn't.

This nigga gets it.

I don't know how anyone can enjoy listening to the tracks of Silent Hill that sound like metal screeching repetitively, the animal howls and winds of STALKER, or the atonal music of nuDoom autonomously. However they blend organically with the game. They function like the electronically constructed sound effects of train in this scene.

This isn't an opinion, this is a fact. Music doesn't play as a background of your activity in real life. Therefore, it is not authentic to have video game with rock music.

That's weird, someone deleted my thread less than 10 minutes after it was made, I just assumed it was you. But yeah, you're right it actually doesn't have any music. What's with this idea of "You can't play your own music because I said so" stuff though? I can understand if it's at a friend's house and you guys are playing and he wants to play some gay shit over the really good music in Halo or something, but if it's just people playing on their own I don't see what's wrong with it.

I don't think anyone actually thinks that. Music is music, my man. Nothing more, nothing less. All music is is an arrangement of sounds that provoke a feeling.

Here's some stoner as fuck music
because i'm pretty sure the developer made these songs while impaired by weed

I don't see how you can't listen to random noise and enjoy it. You must be autistic or something. You should try listening to vid related. I listen to it 30 minutes a day every day and while driving. It's therapeutic.
You sound like you studied liberal arts in college you faggot.

For me, the idea of playing music over a game with good music is almost criminal, especially if it's your first time playing the game and you miss out on some great music because of it.

Been meaning to get around to Hylics. My friend played it while we were hanging out and it looks cool.

I bet you don't even know what that word really means.

Why is this thread so serious?

Well even when it's metal on metal, the banging has a rythem, and the musical instruments are rough by intention, yet exquisite in soul and soothing upon a fair listen and when you remove your feelings of disquiet.

Notice the bars of this song, it's all very put together

for the layman the beat is quite simple.

1-234-56-7. in other words it uses a single beat, a triple beat, then a double beat, then a return to a single beat. It's a rather complex time signature (to the point that i'm nit even sure what it's designation is) that uses song buildup to it's advantage with backing tracks.

Synth and beat are used in unison, the synth, as it's introduced, starting at a high note on two repeats of the curious mainline beat, then going down to a low note and having a repeat of this twice, then moving onto a variation of the synth for 8 counts of the full mainline beat(if I counted right), then the remainder of the song has a vocal section with each lasting repeat lasting as long as the main beat, on repeat.

If you'd take the time to suss it out you'd recognize that Silent Hill music actually uses the same philosophy as a modern pop song, just with the time signatures fucked up into odd time signitures not normally used in music and the choice of musical instrument being edited industrial noises, with intent to unnerve.

But there's beauty in the formula and relaxation in the synth. Most if not all of Akira Yamaoka's music is done by formula and it shows. The music itself is very harmonious while using instruments considered dissonant.

And that's why people can stand Silent Hill music, because in the end it's very well composed and it still has a good beat, and it uses beats that are unheard of in other music to create harmony in chaos.

Not an argument. Crazybus is great for ones health and relieves stress. You should get that stick out your ass and relax.

No idea, ask the art school student b29748

Videogame top OST ranking
Bloodborne > METAL GEAR RISING > NieR > Dark Souls > Dustforce > Danganronpa > Bayonetta > Bastion > Machinarium > Demon's Souls > Drakengard 1 > Mario > TLoZ > Oblivion > Hotline Miami > Halo
(for anything with multiple games in its franchise I just lump them together because they often reuse tracks and it's hard to pick out one to represent them)

There's a lot of games in this thread that I haven't played though so I'd imagine I'm missing many.

I will give you though that that nuDoom dubstep shit is trash. there's no harmony or fun in it.

I have a fondness for a few of 2's tracks. 1's tracks I don't even remember any of them besides the final boss's theme.

Why does halo get so much shit for it's music? It it becuase the game is popular?

That's fucking amazing. I really need to get around to playing the Silent Hill games.

I haven't played a game with good music in 2 years
and it was LISA, before I played that I hadn't heard good vidya music in like 3 years

listened to this an hour straight before. great track

I really enjoy dragengards soundtrack. It makes me think my emulator is skipping frames and it drives me insane. I love it.

Halo 2 and 3 had the best music, the rest of the music in the series doesn't even compare (Aside from the piano bit at the end of the original Halo theme).

the best music if not made for a video game is made by people who played video games in a meaningful way

Eastern devs are especially westaboos when it comes to music because we've got the best music and the industry here in the west is big enough to market it all around the globe.
Also, I said tracks, not soundtracks. It would be wrong to say a majority of it is stolen but these composers do often cite their influences in interviews. However, a couple of them are too liberal in being influenced.

There are some questionable ones there. But some are very clear.

I don't think anyone is supposed to remember any of Drakengard 1's tracks. I judge the quality of media by how much of an emotional response it gets out of me no matter what kind of response that is, and Drakengard 1's OST seems to be intentionally made to drive you insane. It's just as repetitive and nonsensical as the rest of the game which fits very well for what (I assume) they were going for.

The lowest on that list is still really good, those are the best of the best. I put it below Zelda because Zelda tracks have more variety to them and they make me feel stronger emotions despite their simplicity.

And too, video game music is great because it is media minded. Made for the sake of the media being presented within. Music made for the atmosphere is what makes it great. When that matrix meshes and turns out to be observably (audibly) accurate than it is true.

*Drakengard
fuck

You should try playing more Japanese games. Try Gravity Rush 2 or try the Senran games.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

this music places you in the feet of the Turok.
You ARE the Turok as the symphony builds up and it builds up it does. Yes!.
I AM TUROK
It what simply is now it is who I am now I am running sweating, arm blade in one hand and pistol in the other- I can do that outside of the gameplay- I'm riding a dinosaur now shooting missiles of and out of his horns, the dinosaur is actually a dragon now and it's dead because I killed it for I am Turok.

As a bit of trivia, the song you posted was remixed from a orchestral piece called From the New World, with other bits from other symphonies thrown in.

Dvorak's 9th symphony, movement 4.

It's a popular symphony in japan for whatever reason. And it's what I was talking about earlier when I said literally everything is an instrument.

I'm glad I'm not the only who still likes the same music as they did in their edgy teenager phase

inb4 >you're probably still in it underageb&

I like you

what you said in the spoiler is correct I'm /hitleryouth/ and I hang out at the smoker's pit near my school

Did I say current year? The most prolific video games composers from Japan cite their influences as Prog Rock (more than anything), Western Classic Music, Rock, Celtic, and Traditional Metal. These are all genres started and refined in the west. Why do you assume I meant the current year?

Styx had some really gud music

I like Simon Viklund nonetheless

There is absolutely nothing wrong with digital effects being used in music and anyone who thinks otherwise is a pretentious contrarian hipster.

Here are the things you can justifiably be a contrarian hipster about:

Speaking of which, does anyone know of any game whose music uses just/pure intonation?

Did you use past tense?

the legend never dies.

Silent Hill is also known for having a really good singer belting out some comfy depressing tunes and rock songs, named Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.

Apparently when Yamaoka left she chose to stay with him in his projects outside of Silent Hill instead of staying with the cancer that was created. She has quite an impressive track record.

the track list times are on the youtube video description.

I just beat Danganronpa a few hours ago. It's music is fucking amazing.

That and the Ridge Racer Type 4 openings have the best opening themes?

No, it doesn't work like that. This music is better than that despite being a simple 3/4. In autonomous music, beauty lies in the harmony of both monophony and polyphony. Unlike music, life is full of contradictions, and therefore the harmony of music has little place in the visual depiction of life. The visual has it's own idea of harmony, and to be a harmony, the audio has to be a part of the visual, or else it would become a music video.

Silent Hill's music can be appreciated for it's authentic quality as an organic part of the game, but as an autonomy it falls apart. It suddenly sounds like a simpleton dissonant noise. There is only one objective standard here, which is authenticity. SH's music lose all it's authenticity and reason of existence when played autonomously. You can't convince me the otherwise.

I feel the same when the music is played autonomously, but as a part of the game it's organic.

It's still our music and still our music industry.
My previous source (flyingomelette.com/oddities/musicalsim.html) had tracks dating back to the NES, nothing to hint at the current year.

You're not living the real rivethead life, my dude.

The guy who did nuDoom's music is a self admitted hack that basically reduced everything to dubstep.

user, look at the picture below your post. Tell me what you think of it. It is the answer to everything.

Isn't that the point? It knocks it out of the fucking park. It sounds like a cybernetic hell, the exact setting of Doom.

Leave this thread now and go play DR2, the game is ridiculously easy to spoil and the murders are better than the first game. If at any point you don't believe me then you haven't gotten to chapter 5.

if you want great multimedia you must make and share memes what demand such a standard. Your awareness and taste is what writes the future.

When you get down to it, enjoyment of music is all about experience and opinion.

People nearly rioted when they heard the Rite of Spring but years later when it was re-shown the maker of the piece was practically crowd-surfing.

No, THIS sounds like hell. nuDoom sounds like cybernetic farts.

It's stupid and trashy?

I think embed related did a much better job of aurally representing what hell feels like (although it's hard to actually call it "music")

Because of all the nuDoom discussion about good dubstep, let me see what I have.

Vidya music is so good that even Sonic the Hedgehog's drowning music gets used in club tracks. See from 2:58

you know when the worm is behind you in this soundtrack
you know when you've already thrown down your thumper
you know when you're running for your life before this track ends.

it's so sad in the actual game the narrator speaks over the best baseline in this sound track.

Wait, you don't have to do that, the best track is right here

That's far too industrial to sound like hell. Even then, Doom 4's OST is not going for pure hell sound.

That's just not fair, user. Devil Daggers captures hell perfectly in every single respect. I still think Doom 4 does great when handling the sounds of a cyber hell.

It's a jojo reference. What you think may be a product of the west is actually a product of Araki's imagination realizing itself into reality. Can you not see, reality is slowly bending itself to the memes, everything is becoming a jojo reference, even the thing that jojos is referencing. It is no longer King Crimson being a reference to a band name, it's the band name that is now a reference to Araki's work.
Do you not see? Hirohiko Araki has your pipe.

take notice

You take on step onto the sand of dune and know full well what you stepped in. Spice altering your consciousness with every breath, worms summoning thunder and lightning playing your nerves like a fiddle, and all the other houses in the galaxy who seek at much as you do to rule over the planet but who would stem down paths you would never dare of.

People can say whatever they wish about Halo, but you can't deny that both Marty and Michael did a phenomenal job with the soundtracks.

A single blip on the radar transforms into 25 siege tanks that appeared through the sand storm. Every single rocket tank and rocket turret you built fire off at the same time to meet them.
You wait while you watch the salvo fly and time seems to have slowed down

And therefore what matters objectively is the authentic quality, and I don't really care if you enjoy the music or not, ambient music is much less authentic when played autonomously.

Doom doesn't try to capture what hell feels like. It's just a frantic shooter game, that's what it tries to capture.

Alright, looks like I don't really have anything to pull from (Aside from the Korn album "The Path Of Totality").

Which is determined subjectively on mass vote
And you lost me.

How is the music not "authentic"? It's fuckin' sound. What determines authenticness in music?

Or are you just spitting out words from your asshole?

Your starport lights up an indicator countdown one last time before opening all hatches on the freight and out comes barreling the entire army you purchased, and just in time, your Starport and one lone Harvester was the last of your house's strength, depleted in the on-going battle that consumed your once massive spice mining operation.

I wish more people actually played Damacy.

You're overcomplicating this. Trying to make music a science and trying to define it makes it borking as hell. It's as simple as listen and enjoy, or listen and don't.

Swift victory left a shallow feeling in your gut, you know the other house mined much more spice than their forces lead you to believe.. and using the incoming worm sign as a cover your worst fears re brought to light as the enemy also purchased an entire new fearsome army of the galaxy's finest tanks and ornithopters lay siege to your hopes and riches.

Find me anything better than this. Hint: you can't.

Maybe if everybody played Damacy, there would no more wars.

Better than %99.9999 of any gospel music that ive ever heard.

Crazy Bus really is the best song ever.

Might get it or pirate it. I honestly passed it over and that I do regret.

It's working.

If it doesn't sound like a part of the sound effects, it's not authentic. As simple as that.

It's a thread about VIDEO GAME music, and not simply music.

All that remains of your spice mining operation and of your entire army is now reduced to a single smoking rocket tank and three soldiers that once operated your construction yard and they seek ultimate victory and control over dune for the house and for their duke. The enemy routed and sent back to their home world will be a song soon sung

Victory was many trips to the spice fields ago…
Another day, another base of operations.

>Fact: video Games have better music than music not composed for video games. Show me a fucking song and I will show a song from a video game better than it.

Isn't it a PS2 game? I mean you can still get physical PS2 games but I don't see why you'd do that.

The word you're looking for is "diagetic" meaning music in a movie or game that exists in the world. This can also refer to other things like user interface.

Then OP needs to be banned if that's the case.

You're making even less sense. Are you trying to say that the music doesn't fit the theme of the game? If not then you lost me.

It's about both you illiterate retard. Did you not read the OP?

It's not meant to. The whole point of it is an opressive, loud song that tells you to run and move.

The song I posted is an example of the same principle and in fact it's a tamer version of a silent hill type song, I'm not sure if there's a name for it, but I call it a "pursuit" theme. This shit is basic shit in vidya.

You're complaining that music exists.

You're all fucked up and your shit's retarded.

and you're trying to dictate what the thread should be about when you aren't even the OP who set the goddamned rules in the first post you idiot.

This is probably the only song from that game that stood out to me.

Haha, very good commander… you won both Red Alert 2 and you defeated Yuri's revenge….

HOWEVER

Other SMT games had better music.

I should be banned for making a thread about how vidya is superior?

Meh. Thats a pesonal opinion. But i DO think other SMT games have damn good songs too.

Is there a way to still play imagine or no?

"MIND TRICKS DO NOT WORK ON MACHINES NOR THE MINDS OF THE HONORABLE, MINDS OF THE INCORRUPTIBLE. YOUR REIGN OF PSYCHIC TERROR ENDS HERE."

Ps2 games shot up in price for physical copies and I don't have enough money to spend on a single 200 dollar game. might not be that bad, but shit's still a possibility.

if it's a dead MMO, I guaruntee there's a private server out there somewhere.

Looking at vid related it looks to be that there are private servers.

i do, i'm in between being a cyborg and a normalfag, the normal lads know I'm not one of them so I hang with the half-nerd kids and I get them fucked up on alcohol to make them come out of their shell

Wow thats nice i guess. I think i played it back when it came out, I didnt even know what SMT was at the time. got bored and quit at lvl 28

Im not that much into mmos anymore, but if i find the time i could probably play it with a friend i guess.

The music has to be close to the diegetic quality, but it also has to have the capability to go beyond the diegetic while still retaining it's authentic quality. If it can't go beyond the diegetic, it would just become nothing more than a sound effect. For example, in STALKER and SH, the music creates a slight but observable distortion on the sound of nature. For one second you thought you're listening to the landscape sfx of the game, then upon further observation you realize that it's a music. It's that kind of authenticity that is needed in order to create an organic sound.

So, are we talking about music as a part of video game, or music as simply music? If you just want to make a thread about music, then /mu/ is the board. Music as a part of video game requires the objective quality of being organic.

Hey user, did you know the sega genesis port of Dune 2 had a unique song made and composed just for it.

yeah fuck you Fantasy Earth Zero never got a private server.

Frankly I'm disappointed in you. You should be a better role model.

No, it's simply music attached to a medium. Explain to me what this song has to do with moon cookies. How does this music mesh with Mahjong? You're being retarded.

last smt song im uploading

Saved the best for last

Then it's NOT VIDEO GAME.

I'm too young to be a role model, I change people and we have loads of fun being hoodlums. I gotta do this stuff before I inevitably end my life at 18.

Hey at least your not a leeching waste of space shut-in like me and are outside enjoying life.

I wouldnt mind being a hoodlum with you tbh

This really is just a phase dude, damn. Everyone says shit like that and never follows through because in 6 months they realize how fucking stupid of an idea it is. Even if normalfags don't think you're normal, you'll pass just fine for years. Use your time wisely. Working is not nearly as bad as people think it is too, if that's what you're scared of.

i'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Rob Hubbard's work yet.
here is a great song from the game Commando that released for the Commodore gaming system in 1985.
the classics are nice to listen to while you work.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Hubbard

Someone knows their shit.

that would be cool, i was pretty much a shut-in nerd until highschool. still never kissed a girl, but at least I'm 10x more social than I was in middle school

I'm not going to end my life at 18 because work stuff, it's for a different reason I probably won't tell anyone until the grave

See, now you have to tell us, because you're on an anonymous image board.

Don't be a fucking pussy dude, you're on a fairly obscure imageboard for nazis and commies talking in a thread about video game music. Sage your posts and blogpost, you're already underageb& and you haven't been banned, whats the worst that could happen.

I would but I'm really paranoid someone will catch on

That's it' I'm fucking done. You've proven me and most of the other people in this thread wrong with your concrete logic. hat's off to you sir, you have my respect. You must be quite an intelligent man, because it's impossible to be this retarded and simply not be pretending. You had me fooled quite well.

meant to post this image

What's the worse that could happen? Someone finds out and tries to stop you from killing yourself? There's a saying one of my friends introduced me to whenever I was intimidated or afraid of something. Don't be a bitch.

i dont think you understand, i've reeled you all in good but I honestly cannot say because I have a friend who also browses this imageboard avidly

post your story you attention seeking, excuse making faggot.

YOU NEED TO TELL US

I know people who use this site too, and I'm not afraid to talk about him. Because I know he travels a lot and doesn't have access to the internet at times, so I knew when he's here and when he's not.

Who gives a shit, just do it you baka.

My nigga

Hisayoshi Ogura was way ahead of everyone at the time

ill tell you one minute before the thread prunes in an image except scrambled just to keep you on edge kek

And his quote on quote successor, Shohei Tsuchiya, still manages to pick up his torch while remaining true to his own style. The soundtracks of Darius games are on a league of their own

GODDAMNIT /mu/

Impressive. Very nice.

:^)

fuck you /mu/

Music threads are always shit mainly because they always get flooded by underage nu-males and wiggers.

its a pretty good album tbh

>tfw i'm both of those things

What?

music that tells a story without lyrics is far superior to that that must rely on the lyrics to tell the story. Metal mixes lyrics and instrumentals to tell its stories. memes are hidden in the music, seek them and know them.

GEOSCAPE

Why is it that just about every shooter has great music? Why is the entire genre so full of quality shit? Why is the entire genre so anti-normalfag?

Arcade games are all about constant action, so the music needs to pick up the pace. That means there's little room for slow ambient noise.

Brendon Small is a fucking genius that knows a wide range of genres and incorporates them all into his work. Most metalheads don't know how to put meaning behind the playing like how blues players could, but he does.

I wanna kiss you user. But I can't, so listen to this music.

"see how we shine"

Another fun fact: Hitoshi Sakimoto used to compose for a lot of SHMUPs before working on Tactics Ogre/FFT

This one is has a lot more emotional value attached if you realize how it incorporates the leitmotif from previous stages

Another Darius one for good measure

Ryu Umemoto was a fucking legend. May his soul be at peace.

bloodborne's music is something else out of games in general.

gherman's theme of endless loneliness strikes too close to home.

Dropping truth

this is tight

Not as tight as you, I bet.

being gay is wrong.

That just makes it better.

Posted purely for comparison.
The images your mind generated was much more entertaining than the crap found in film, no?

Posted purely for comparison.
The images your mind generated from the video game music was much more entertaining than the crap found in film- in the music videos, no?

I like your taste. You're wrong, but I still like it.
Also you're missing Jet Set Radio

oh shit nigger, what are you doing?

anybody know where to find demon's score OST?

I came here to check.

Yes, because game studios hired actual trained, passionate music school graduates and let them do what pleased themselves because hey, it's just video game music.

Now it's becoming terrible again, precisely because video games became popular, remunerative, and "prestigious."

Also Japan is 50 years behind the US culturally and therefore much less degenerated.

Because it was necessary.

Let's fix that.

i will say that death metal song in Final Fantasy X was garbage compared to actual death metal of that era and earlier.

Excellent taste.

FULL VOLUME
TOP VELOCITY
INTO THE SILVER LINING BABY

I can't believe these went unchecked.

fucking plebs.