Cancer in Vidya

WHY

Actually you might be onto something. Though the site and the tube account gives me malware vibes.

Meh. Nevermind then.

I'll be glad when Youtube dies and forces these video makers to get real jobs instead of leeching and revenue off doing literally no work.

Who the fuck even watches unboxing videos? And for what purpose?

I can sort of understand unboxing videos for special editions that come with some sort of collectable so you can see if it's worth it lol but unboxing a plain game? Cmon now. That shit is mad gay, even if it's for a game for the slick black PS Quadro.

How much you wanna bet that he made double what he spent on the game with the ad revenue he got from his video of opening a box and taking something out of it?

I once saw half an hour long video of a cringy autist unpacking a box of MLP toys, commenting on every single one. It was fun, in a way, especially if you were drunk.

isn't there a youtuber whose channel is entirely just him unboxing crappy ripoffs of actual products

I don't mind unboxing of products if the person actually uses or demonstrates said product. If the video ends after the unboxing then what was the point of the video? A "rare" collector's edition or some other uncommon product I can sort of understand, but why watch someone unbox the latest dudebro game if they're not even going to play said game?

What game am I talking about Holla Forums?

No Citizen's Star :^)

Ashens? I haven't watched his stuff in years. He's been around YouTube for a while. Since long before cancerous e celebs.

What game other than Scam Citizen could that describe? Are there other games right now that people spend over $20,000 on that aren't actually available to play?

top wew

This is actually cancer in vidya: when you can become the leader of everything in one game. The Elder Scrolls games are the worst culprit. In Skyrim alone you can be leader of the Dark Brotherhood, the Archmage, the leader of the Companions, either Ulfric or Tullius' right hand person, and the Vampire Lord all in one playthrough. What the actual shit.

Nobody checked these quads? That is a crime right there.

Everything eventually dies.

Is that like a set up where after becoming the leader of every faction the members are like "wtf?" and then turn on you which is the finale of the game?

youtube already has been costing Google money and they still don't shut it down

Weebs do it again.

Because they think they can make it attractive to big corporations and therefore profitable. Once that dream dies, bye bye YouTube

Oh, don't be so pessimistic user!
They're PNGs

Because it will earn you more than 60$.
So the question is - why not?

I kinda understand this for special editions that come with other stuff attached. but now it seems like even the most mundane of products gets an unboxing video.
I can understand let's plays since it can be fun to watch someone else play a hard game more skillfully than you ever could, or if you cannot play the game at all, you can at least get a sneak peak of it, but unboxing videos?…
What's their point?

(checked)
So you know what's in the box. Could be snakes in there

Webm related

shit webm

Checked

Lazy nigger

I didn't know it was a requirement, cunt.

Navi was never that annoying.

Play the game again and eat your words.

Makes sense now?
Are you slow?

Git gud

I am, so I don't need navi.

where all the retarded e-celebs will go after jewtube die?

Manhandled

you reverse psychology won't work on me, retard

I've played it several times recently. The idea that she's all 'Hey! Listen!' every fucking minute is just a meme. You know who is 'Hey! Listen!' every fucking minute? Fi from Skyward Sword.

The only time she's excessive is during the beginning and even then it's only in specific areas, it's not like she constantly speaks until you talk to her

Surely you can provide a better example of bad Zelda companions

At least those boxes come with actual games, who else remembers DSP giving away games for his fans, by games I meant game boxes without the discs. But it's ok he signed the box.

What a fucking retard he is, and he wonders why people love to hate him.

Is this guy autistic?

I find it fascinating that weird little sites like these exist, I've never heard of it and would never even consider using it. It must be the same feeling a biologist gets when he discovers a new lifeform eeking out an existence in some complete shithole.

It'd be fine if he signed the paper in the game case rather than the case
It's always good to have extra game cases

The owl is much worse than navi.

I read a report about this.
It's just a psychological thing to do with opening boxes. You get more excited over the sound/feel/look of opening a box than the item inside, often.

Kinda like how kids open presents so wildly, no matter what's inside.

Hell, they only need to make $6 off YouTube and sell that on eBay for $55 to make a profit.
They might make enough money to buy another game, and continue the cycle.

One time I saw an uncrating video of Terraria fishing crates.

I'm watching it out of spite, but damn the show is complete trash.

Kill themselves hopefully.

cancer is believing corporate bullshit PR without questioning it, such as profit-hevay companies claiming that piracy is hurting them.

It's unbelievable how many people actually believe that if they download roms then the police will come to their house to arrest them.
Why are there so many people who buy into this propaganda?

I can sorta understand unboxing vids for new tech or random boxes of junk, but who needs an unboxing video for a disc box? Games dont even come with cool inserts or fancy manuals these days, so.. what? Maybe if it has a reversible cover?

You know when I child I thought I was the only sane person and it was the world that was crazy.

If only that had been true, the truth was much worse.

Normalfags are usually fucking stupid, care too much about "doing the right thing", or both. This isn't a new thing. I've talked to lawyers who pirate games and don't give a shit. If people who study law don't give a shit about piracy, why should we? Piracy isn't even a criminal offense unless you're the one running a piracy site, so police should never even get involved.

Society relies on people doing the right thing. This is why the police always pulls back when a riot gets too big.

This. You don't even get the option to ignore him and it's really easy to make him repeat everything twice on accident.

I like this.

What a strange, yet endearing website.

I hate this I hate it so much

You're going to hate me. I crop hentai all the fucking time. I see something funny when Jacking off, I crop it to use as reaction images. And I frequently forget what I get them from.

Unboxing videos are probably the single lowest effort-to-reward genre of videos there is. Even shit like Let's Plays have some semblance of difference in quality.

Because YouTube has the monopoly on video hosting. If Google were to shut down YouTube another site would actually gain prominence and just maybe, god forbid… make a profit.
Basically even though there's no profit in it they're going to hold onto their monopoly and hope that some day it'll turn a profit. But at this point they're just doing it to keep any other promising video hosting platforms from becoming successful.
It's super fucked and scummy but that's how they're doing it.

You're coming across as really passive aggressive against people who own physical copies of games mate. I can hear the angst from here.

Emulation is nice and all for on the go. But I tend to use shit like a modded wii that can read from an external or a modded Xbox. I've got a PSP with CFW and a N3DS with CFW for on the go and the PSP has several emulators loaded on it.

The gratest cancer of them all

It's not even a good unboxing. It's a standard fucking PS4 box, why would you think there would be more to it? He also sounds insanely unenthusiastic, like he doesn't even know a damn thing about the game outside of what he reads on the box. I can understand unboxing videos of collectors editions to get someones impressions on the quality of whatever is inside, but not this.

I don't understand. What is happening here? Why is this a thing? What has happened to humanity?

They aren't even LEs and the games don't come with instruction books anymore so you can't look at colored pages or artwork. What the fuck is wrong with the world to create this level of consumerism?

Don't ask questions you know the answers to.

Opening hundreds of loot boxes/crates in Waifuwatch is also a thing.

Google is about jewish control of information and thought. They'll get as much CIA money funneled through Alphabet as they need to keep shit like gmail and youtube running.

leftiefag/poorfag get out

I assume they use it as packing.
Popcorn is great as packing material but obviously no large business is going to use organics as packing material in their shipped products, so popcorn packing became synonymous with very small and very casual selling groups.
As the ebay craze died off I guess popcorn packing became more nostalgic.

This is all baseless assumption, though.

Thanks, capitalism.
redditpol blames the jews

The funny thing is, there's nothing to unbox with current gen games, it's just a fucking case with a disc and MAYBE a 1 page slip with a list of controls.

little children (like, children far too young to be allowed to reasonably use Jewtube) watch videos of toys being unboxed.
in the same vein, twenty something millenials watch lootcrate unboxing videos.

If the forced G+ integration didn't kill it, what will?

So basically rats watch unboxing videos.

this picture fucking gets me so angry, those niggers were too afraid to take on cops but some random dude is cool at least the people who saved him showed not all black people are niggers

that's nothing, it's people who destroy old consoles or games just because they think it's funny who are TRUE cancer

at least with mystery boxes you can do some funny shit if there's something nice

but this is just boring

Nah, they likely include a small bag of popcorn in each order. It's a trick to leave a good impression on customers. For example, Sweetwater is a online music shop that includes a handful of candy in your order.

holy shit

I've got Fan-Zines from the 90s you've never heard of either. You would be surprised how little this stuff get noticed or archived.

that game needs to fucking die.

worst part? the pollution is spreading to OSRS. OSRS is becoming more and more like RS3 both in "aesthetics" and the "style" of the content updates. luckily the "pay to win" updates haven't reached OSRS yet, but they will, you know that they will.

runescape is dead, they revived it for the nostalgia meme and proceeded to kill it again within 2 years with that retarded wow city update and every successive update on top of it.

A Friend had an anonymous benefactor for those videos who funded him to make that not pay2win account. It wasn't his own money

nice dubs but youtube does not have a monopoly on video hosting at all.

Go back to reddit, faggot.

It's not that bad. People in scandi countries make decent money and don't pay much for lifestyle because it's not a shithole like the US where you make pennies and life nickels and dimes you to death before you even go pay rent and for insurance.

Ashens is god-tier dry Britbong humor.

You sound butthurt as fuck over shit nobody cares about. I high

He used to do other things, like review ultra obscure european computer games, but according to him and the view count, nobody watched them. Even then though i wouldn't call the shit he does unboxing videos, if only because he does more than open the fucking box and then stare at the contents for the entirety of the video.

Wait, did he really say that? What a shame, I quite liked his obscure game reviews.

I think the problem isn't entirely down to obscurity, but down to a sparsity of archivers. And absurd copyright law.

Yes, he briefly talks about it in this presentation he did to promote the book version of that series.

I only watch them when it's a collector's edition I'm interested in, since the adverts can jew you on size and or quality

Retards need entertainment too apparently.

That obviously include newer games. What method do you propose for the developers to make when designing games then? It's obviously a process that takes at least 4 years for a competent good game to make. How do you feed those people if everyone would pirate all the time? I can understand shit games, but good games?

Unboxing videos aren't even the dumbest thing I see floating in my recommended. Depending on what is being unboxed, it's like watching someone else gamble and throw their money away so I can remind myself not to be an idiot.
But there's videos of people watching videos to "react" to them. Not like 2Girls1Cup reaction videos of genuine disgust and vomiting, but just people watching regular ass fucking videos. Can you imagine your "career" being video taping yourself watching other videos? Actual content is being made by other people, and the only thing you're physically capable of doing is hamming it up with blatant overreactions using your poor acting skills. You don't even have to critique anything.

Hopefully my account will remain RS Classic enabled then.

Until 2023, when that too is brought down under the sheer weight of incompetent greed.

never gets old

Navi

I was going to propose making videos where you react to unboxings, but then I went to check and sure enough that's already been done.

Nothing wrong with unboxings tbh, the more you know about a product before you get it the better.

You don't fit in, you get out instead.

I love how the pic just cuts off his excuse.

I never understood the "Navi is annoying" meme.
Maybe it's only in american versions but for me the only annoying thing was that beeping sound when you had a heart left.
Thank god they didn't include it in BotW.

She isn't that annoying, it's a shitty meme spouted by gamer girls and normalfags because they never actually played it.

Ashens? He has commentary and even uses the product on camera (if applicable). I actually liked his videos on those shitty Tiger Electronics games (and the shitty watch games and other cancer like that). Pretty entertaining honestly.

I always wonder about the Star Citizen commentors here. Do they know there is actually a (very early) playable version of the game right now?

Game could still end up turning into instant vapour (who fucking knows if or when) but there is playable content.

Ok piracy is fine and all but your argument is a total mess: lawyers doing/not doing something has no bearing on its legality or seriousness, amongst other problems with what you said…

It's really quite simple: if you were *honestly* never going to buy the game, no one cares. But if you actually like a game enough to play through it, you should at least buy it on sale or something. It's not about what's "good" or legal, it's about supporting developers who make shit worth playing.

Obviously if the dev is defunct or the game is just too fucking old then fuck that, pirate away. Or if it's scum like EA/Ubisoft. They can eat dicks (though honestly why are you playing their shitty games at all?)

Also if you play EA/Ubishit/Activision/Cancer games and then cry on Holla Forums about how "there are no good games", you're part of the problem and you should kill yourself.

Oh man I fucking lol'd at that. I knew a guy in college who would come in with some new item in his hands or stain on his shirt or whatever and it always came with a bullshit convoluted story and half the time he didn't even really address the thing. Every time he came to sit with us in the cafeteria I'd just point, laugh, and walk away. Fuck giving attention whores what they want.

Yeah it's not Like New after you've just grinded the disc against a hard surface.

People who display games like that are braindead.

Ashens is one of those youtubers who's still great and relevant. I love his brand of humor. I've been watching his vids since 2006 and they never got old. He never got into stupid millenial trends other channels are plagued with.
Literally the only kinds of reviews I don't like from him are of Lego products because I'm a huge Lego sperg anyway and I get irked by him not knowing shit or being amazed by things that have been around for decades.

ill be glad when stupid goyim stop spreading propaganda about how great things are going to be just to pacify eachother