Weekend Viyda: Joint Operations

Posting this today so that there is more time for user's to get setup.
ARE YOU READY OPERATORS?

FAQ What is Joint Operations?
Joint Operations is a multiplayer tactical shooter made by NovaLogic that can handle up to 64 players.

Why should I play? 30+ different maps up to 64 square km 35+ different vehicles 44 different weapons God knows how many maps 110% TACTICOOL.

Where can I get the game?
If you want to support NovaLogic, you can purchase the game and it's expansion from NovaLogic's website.
However, a torrent of the game is also available. I believe the Download links are provided at the bottom.

How do I play online?
After installing and updating both Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising and it's expansion pack Joint Operations: Escalation,
you need to download GameRanger and Holla Forumsmod 1.1. Look through GameRanger to find a Joint Operations: Escalation room.
Download links are provided at the bottom.

If you have a legitimate version, you can also play on NovaWorld.

How do I host a game? It'll be obvious when you download GameRanger.

Just make sure to host Joint Operations: Escalation because it has more goodies than the base games. Also to
Just read the readme files.
While they are already included in all the downloads, I've also uploaded them to ghostbin.
If you run into any issues check tweakguides.com/JointOps_7.html first.

DOWNLOADS
Game
Legitimate Version: novaworld2.com/index.php?idtag=4d3a39bf2ef88&do=/public/store/catalog/
Developer repack - [base + expansion fully updated]: http:files.novalogic.com/C3/kpvsh/JOCAG_Install.exe
Repacked Installer [Combined Arms], simply install and play mega.nz/#!ysh2EIBJ!ksilMwOfqQJA5KxvoBcuvt8VHRFFR7YTfO7gQs6H6G4
Either way all you will need then is V-mod, if required and GameRanger in order to play with Holla Forums]
GameRanger: gameranger.com/
Holla Forumsmod 1.1 (ESSENTIAL TO PLAY WITH Holla Forums): mega.nz/#!m15kUQCB!NNFDcWXOf7bsRKMI1v3FS1PD5McyPyE6pPsUicD-3Qg
READMES (IMPORTANT)
Joint Operations (ESSENTIAL IF YOU PIRATED IT): ghostbin.com/paste/ddm32
Holla Forumsmod 1.1 (INSTRUCTIONS for original download merged with details for V-Mod-Files-V2.7z): ghostbin.com/paste/5nd26
Mirror of most downloads.
mega.nz/#F!VBBGBb6T!b48EBFH8n9QOMXQOB9yfWg, V-Mod-Files-V2.7z [Holla Forumsmod 1.1] contained inside; password : file-name ,includes added the original file so it is easier to replace if needed]
sha256 : 1de6e84d1bc87e946eb14e1698a9c0bb47abd94cb1ceff922a557df327040aa4
Suggestion for hosts, change [mp_allowsniperscopezoom] = 0 to 1, located in game.cfg inside the root folder for Joint Ops.
As Novalogic disabled sniperzoom in multiplayer for supposly balancing reasons.
Thanks to the user who created the orginal OP.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!VBBGBb6T!b48EBFH8n9QOMXQOB9yfWg!Mc4DBTjD
ffmpeg.gusari.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2196
mega.nz/#!ysh2EIBJ!ksilMwOfqQJA5KxvoBcuvt8VHRFFR7YTfO7gQs6H6G4
mega.nz/#!m15kUQCB!NNFDcWXOf7bsRKMI1v3FS1PD5McyPyE6pPsUicD-3Qg
ghostbin.com/paste/pfhdv
mega.nz/#!RNdwHSTB!ClAIO7OGSY2ggOD9ZNll3vurkwAfpADNATvB4iik7gU
8ch.net/radcorp/res/152.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Benis

These links better not be fucked up.

Fuck off, junkie trash.

Triggered?

Polite sage as I messed up the previous post. The inital launch Window for tomorrow is unfortunately between 02:00 (AM) and 05:00 (AM) EST. Saturday/Sunday should be much better time wise.

Bump for visibility.

fuck
YES
Ill be there later this evening if any test games are being held.

???

bump

bamp

eat shit

I'm up for playing.

Also if you're the BO of /radcorp/ there's a little bit of messing with stickys and editing a thread to do if you wouldn't mind.

Thread going up now, 8v Right Wing Death Squads:rage. As I said earlier hosting times should hopefully be better tomorrow.

I've noticed and will implement what I can when possible. I don't think it is possible to add picture's in threads only delete them (haven't tried to yet).

You mean server going up? I'll be on in an hour or two.
Ah, that's an issue.

Have you considered any ideas for banners?

Yes,it's around 22:00 local time so that is my excuse. Shure even if I am unable to stay up for that long, I'l keep it up overnight.
Not really I'l just create that master sticky with all of the thread OP's and use that image as instead.

I had an initial banner thread when the board was first created, however much like the board it's self it fizzeled out. So fresh one's would be very much appreciated.

What timezone is that even?
That works.

Also it might be a bit early in the day for any eurofags or americlaps, 9am in the UK and 4am in the USA.

South Pacific, more specifically NZDT.
Yes just a 'tad' to early.

Sweet, ill be there

Gotcha. I might need some bit of suggestions of what is considered "Radical" & something to fit the "Radcorp" name.

Are you going to do multiplayer versus, or multiplayer co-op? Because co-op was not worth the install when I tried it with you guys a year or two ago.

I'l make a second hosting attempt when I get up in the morning see as it such a bad time for everyone else.

(checked) the stuff the OC thread would probably server quite nicely as suggestions.

Multiplayer versus this time.

Oh shit, well I'll wait and maybe host later. I doubt I could even play if the host is in NZ.

All right, I'll see what I can come up with.

Oh shit dude, I'll finally be able to join the Radcorps.

After being one of the original Joint Ops posters in the original thread where EA's Battlefront was compared with Joint Ops.

So to clarify: most of us are playing later but we're downloading now? Is anyone playing now?

I see no rooms on gmaeranger so I guess not.

That makes sense anyway, I'd start around 5-6pm GMT. Is it possible to set up a pirate-friendly dedicated server instead of gameranger?

I don't think so also Holla Forumsmod has online disabled.

Ah well, gameranger it is then.

So wait, there's something i don't understand. Any of the three first links works to play the game?

Isn't this just ArmA 1?

The pasta is a fucking mess just get everything you need from here.
mega.nz/#F!VBBGBb6T!b48EBFH8n9QOMXQOB9yfWg!Mc4DBTjD

No this has way less autism.

The third one is the game.

No.

Serber when?

Waiting on server.

Where the fuck is the OP that said he would take care of this shit? Also the ops are fucked?? I'm going to curb stomp you.

THIS LINK HAS THE GAME
I can host a in a few hours, I'm taking care of some shit right now. Its US east for where the serb will be.

Serb is up, same details as before.

I was doing this overrated sleeping shit.
No I just need to go and sort them. Doing that now as well.

You will be fine, it's not that demanding networkwise and is very ping insensitive last time we played I think.

Any chance of the thread being stickyed like last weekend?

You'd have to ask mods, try reporting the OP with a message.

I did when I first created this thread, last Thursday. With nothing apparently happening.

Noice. Now we only need some anons to join.

Nice, I'll pop on soon. I have a ton of coop maps we can play, and vs is always fun too

Looking for password in the files for the server however when I try to open the second one it asks me for a password.

Server password is rage don't know about anything else.

Yea I did crtl f password but nothing came up until I searched the servers name.

I have everything working just cant join the game once its started up from gameranger under LAN.

Did you get Holla Forumsmod?

see

I'm pretty sure OP pulled it off the board without checking the files, correct me if I'm wrong though.

YOU NEED TO ADD THE GAME MANUALLY TO GAMERANGER
pass is still rage

joining now
6 RAD DUDES GET IN HERE NOW

what do?

wgats going on? Go to lan and search for the game

hmmm for some reason it show anything first…

Is there an invite code for gameranger?

the pass for the Holla Forumsmod give me error, what to do?

It's the name of the archive without .7z

We arent playing with Holla Forums mod though right?

Here's another download link

is there a reason for this? I installed vmod and I don't have mods or punkbuster enabled.

what could be my problem?

try setting to typhoon instead of the Holla Forums mod

I still keep getting kicked out though

12 RAD OPERATORS GET THE FUCK IN HERE

Oh Jeez you guys.

hopefully its a thing now. its too much fun.

here's "ABRACADABRA" for those who didnt understand.

that happened like 3 times

God, every time there's a Holla Forums plays x that guy is always there to fag it up till people tell him to fuck off.

if you take this mega link be sure to download vmod from this link and use it

mega:#!m15kUQCB!NNFDcWXOf7bsRKMI1v3FS1PD5McyPyE6pPsUicD-3Qg

the vmod in the other mega did not work for me

glorious

Use this fags. The pasta hasn't been updated in ages.

I was playing most of the night js and yea the OP could just be the mega link. It's also unclear that "Combined Arms" includes the expansion, Escalation, since none of the main menus or anything mention Escalation.

Was pretty easy to setup though.

When I click join in gameranger, it launches the game, goes to the character customization screen, I click ok and it takes me to the main menu.

I downloaded the gold editions and installed vmpod correctly(by replacing the .pff)

Did I forget anything?

hit lan and then search.

search lan games, join

Hey there dragunov, whatcha doin?

Thank you.

Get in here you fucks, we're lonely

Fuck it, I have some more time on my hands. Might as well play a bit.

Besides Wurm, what has he really done?

ill join in a bit. watching gungrandpa and son

i'll join for another hour or so

Who's in charge of picking the weekend games? I'd like to offer some suggestions, particularly for games that are free or otherwise lack any DRM to get in the way of fun.

>>>/radcorp/95

It was fun

Best night ever, thanks goys. Catch you all tomorrow!

What should happen tomorrow? I can either host more of this, SWAT4 or everyone takes a break.

definitely playing more tomorrow night.

In the morning?

So was it versus or co-op?

Did anyone record my amazing flying?

Actually nevermind two user's have yet played SWAT 4 so I`l be hosting that on the morning and it will also give me the opportunity to test if the commandline play count thing will work.

Just CO-OP due to numbers being to low for multi.

Mostly co-op today, but if we get enough people tomorrow we'll do PvP

More JO until the event is over. Then I'm sure the boys at >>>/radcorp/ will cook something up for another weekend.

This will be the last map/round for now.

this is some good flying when you took me back for resupply. don't think i got much else; only hit replay when something weird/funny happened

Shiet, I think i might just overlay IT AINT ME over this just because why the fuck not.

(checked)
scratch that, no video editing software. if someone else could do it, id appreciate it.

I'l give it a shot, what can go wrong when I don't really know what I am doing.

He is currently playing PlanetSide 2 as well.

Here is a very quick and dirty one that i whipped up via a ffmpeg guide (ffmpeg.gusari.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2196 ) adding the -t (duration) flag next to the audio source so that it didn't copy the entire source which made the inital final result to big 4u. There is supposed to be around seconds of silence at the start as that is apart of the audio source. I can try to cut that out if wanted?

Version without the ~15 second of nothing.

That looks real boring.

Are we doing anything today?

I'm up for playing again tonight.

Probably later tonight.

Pvp is mad fun, lets do that

Ill host, serb name is 8/v/ N I G G E R KILLERS
pw is rage

I've never hosted before

We need at lest 15-20 guys maps are too big for anything less.

Ok, server is up, try joining and tell me if it works.

Anyone?

I'm installing so I'll test in a minute.

Speaking of which: the ghostbin guide tells me to mount .iso files and enter a CDKey but the download is an installer and seems not to have asked me. Is this expected?

In fact both of those guides are confusing at best and useless at worst. I think I've worked shit out anyway.

Server is working, we have 5 people in

Right, I'll play with my settings.

Simplified Instructions:

Game:
mega.nz/#!ysh2EIBJ!ksilMwOfqQJA5KxvoBcuvt8VHRFFR7YTfO7gQs6H6G4
Just run the installer.

Holla Forumsmod:
mega.nz/#!m15kUQCB!NNFDcWXOf7bsRKMI1v3FS1PD5McyPyE6pPsUicD-3Qg
Extract it into your Joint Ops folder, run JSGME and enable (>) Holla Forumsmod.

Playing with Holla Forums:
Install GameRanger and use pic related to add Joint Ops. Join group (password usually rage) and click Join to start the game. Click LAN and search, and you should see the game and join it.

Troubleshooting:
If you can't change some of the video settings, run the game as administrator. If you can't join the server make sure the bottom right of the main menu shows pic related as versions.

That's a better guide, thanks user.

Very nice, I didn't know about the group feature of gameranger. But don't you also have to go into options and add the location of the joint ops exe?

Gameranger will ask you to do it automatically if you press join and it can't fix the .exe.

nevermind, i misread the image.

find*

Game is shit.

I'm done hosting, someone with a better connection can take up the slack.

Fug

What are acceptable down and up speeds for hosting? And where?

Not sure, you should probably be ok if you've got a reasonably fast connection in general.
US East or UK are best but any host is better than no host.

US east or west Europe. Doesn't matter too much though. 10 up 25 down should be okay if there's not too many people on if this game is anything like Dystopia in terms of hosting.

GET IN HERE NIGS

What server?

There's one in the files but they never put it in the game.

OH SHIT NIGGER I ACTUALLY HAVE A LEGIT COPY OF THIS GAME
What a coincidence
Came with a GeForce 6800 back in the day.

JEW WANT SOME OF THIS?

Have some /g/ work to do today, but when that's done I'm super down to play.

Haven't been on the *chans in a year or so. Last time I was here we were playing combined arms. Shit's hype.

Im trying to join but the game doesent appears when i click search, did you nigs forgot to port forward or something?

are you in the gameranger room? you have to launch through that.

The problem is on your end

yea fam

How to fix it then fam, i have italics

Did you install Holla Forumsmod?

all updated fam i played yesterday with no problems, i try to play with adje hosting and now it doesent works

In the gameranger room? I think that means your internet is shit but I'm not 100% sure.

Optic fiber fam and it never lags, seriously this shit started just now

Maybe you should check the gr forums for similar problems.

Yea i did but nothing is working, no idea why i guess its related to adje since i could play with anyone else

love that last one.

12 OPERATORS, GET IN HERE

IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE JOINING, READ THIS

DEJA VU

We'll start another serb in a few hours i guess

Break for now, we'll rejoin later tonight. Good shit operators.

how does 8 or 9 sound?

where are you?

whichever works best. What time zone?

8 or 9 EST

we should include a time chart in future threads

Sounds good. Also, should we start playing more custom maps?

Yes! The stock maps keep repeating in the queue. Pretty boring

If anyone has a MEGA with the custom maps, that would be rad especially the one with the flyable chinook, btrs, gunbirds, and tanks.

DEJA VU

Guess I'll ask again because OSB refuses to install, how do I into recording software? Up until recently I've had a toaster and want to finally put out some high quality, radical OC.

can custom maps be downloaded from the host, or does everyone need to have them? I'm grabbing some of the most downloaded ones, and they're all under 1MB.

OBS is the simplest way. If you have an Nvidia card, there's shadowplay/recording shortcuts. I think raptr is the amd equivalent, but I have no experience with it.

personally I have the replay feature of shadowplay on, and hit the save shortcut when something interesting happens. it will save the previous 5 minutes of gameplay.

Only the host needs them.

I'm testing a GameRanger workaround, can someone connect to my server?

Found it, it's called ReLive and works exactly the same. Here's a shit attempt at encoding.

ill be there man.

It's dead in the server, get in here B O Y S

everyone join up in 10 minutes, let's fill this shit

Helicopter shit is so much fun.

???

I think you have the wrong thread there friendo

Thanks user

16 OPERATORS, ENLIST NOW

Holy fuck someone with custom maps pls host, we keep playing the same 5 maps and i want to die

host is about to add a custom map pack.

nice

custom maps starting now, gtf in

Biggest crown we've seen all weekend,

GET IN HERE Holla Forums

Is the sever down, I can't find it?

its call r/gaming now

pw is still the same

I thought that was a reddit sever lol

20 guys in here JOIN NOW, 64 player limit!

==JOINT== operations
AYYYYYYYY WEED

Sure, why the fuck not?

Got a few good clips.

Last one.

use vp9, looks better and is smaller

Wasn't sure if it was supported. I'll reconvert those sometime tonight.

This could use a JoJo edit at the end when you turn around.

These aren't final, but which banner idea do you like more to fit the Radcorp name? A more Sci-Fi or Vaporwave vibe?

BOTH

I love them both. I think we need more tacticool /k/ tier stuff though. Also, do TRAILERS.

I would say Sci-Fi, but the right one is good too
BOTH

Very well, Sci-Fi & Vaporwave vibes it'll be.
Can you provide any examples so I can get some basic ideas?

Well that was embarrassing.

smoking is bad

dude weed lmao

well thats pretty self explanatory, im sure some can give you loads of examples.
its a thing from SWAT 4, where you can select a voice command and yell TRAILERS as load as you can.

Something like this.

Delivering on the webm, I'll put more effort into everything I recorded tomorrow, just getting it posted for now.

That shit was fun as fuck to do in Mercenaries 2, but it didn't take more than half an hour to pull off lol

Ti's done, both are up.

Does this have co-op or just competitive?

Both

Is the co-op active?

What do you mean with "active"? As in people playing right now? If so there's no Holla Forums server up playing JOPS right now.

Don't despair, surely somebody will be hosting later when the amerifags wake up.

I could attempt to host a room now if we have a couple guys awake and ready. I've never hosted before so you'll have to bear with me.

It looks like there's a normalfag serb up playing vanilla.

Also reposting for the n time my fucking adblock for Gameranger, might be dated since I haven't updated it for months
ADS ARE NOT RAD
Since GameRanger ads are annoying as fuck here's the most updated adblock table to block ads from GameRanger and possibly other sources.
INSTRUCTIONS
*Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\
*Open hosts with a notepad/text editor (notepad++ recommended)
*Paste all of this at the end of the file:
ghostbin.com/paste/pfhdv
*Save the changes made to hosts and make sure it still is a file without extension
*You should then be all set and most GameRanger ads should not be annoying you anymore

Do the ads only pop up in the Gameranger client?

Fortunately yes, but some of them are ear-rape enough to warrant using an adblocker.
Also jump on GameRanger, we're testing a server. Pass is rage

Custom maps pack here for hosts
Bear in mind that these are usually autistically difficult, PTSD-inducing maps
I'd say that these should be hosted AFTER the vanilla ones, since not everybody will like 'em
mega.nz/#!RNdwHSTB!ClAIO7OGSY2ggOD9ZNll3vurkwAfpADNATvB4iik7gU

Does it contain the
AUTHENTIC
experience?

Are you sure you want to experience THAT again?

ROOM IS UP
GET IN LADS

Get the fuck out you plebeian.

wew

that was hilarious, as soon as i touched it, it took off.

GET IN HERE

For those too lazy to read the thread the room is apparently called r/gaming now.

I keep getting "punted" when i try to join the server. Did everything right in the install here>>12210992

Probably a Holla Forumsmod issue.

Read the readme.

Did you start JSGME.exe and activate Holla Forumsmod?

The readme just tells you how to install Holla Forums mod, which I did.

The only .exe I have is Jointops.exe and how do you activate Holla Forums mod? Just by installing it?

I fixed it, game like to crash though.

bump

Lost all audio, but got some Initial D memery in.

Last one.

ill join again if more people get on.

just two of us right now

Hopefully we'll get some more for a finale.

one last hurrah at 11pm EST?

we'll be waiting

it's time, get in

Dont get a response from gameranger servers?

working for others. try restarting/reinstalling maybe.

Tried to reinstall it but still wont work.

Odd. At what point in launching GameRanger do you get that?

Right when I try to install it so now I cant install it because it cant connect. It wouldnt connect when I had it installed so I uninstalled it but now it cant even install at all.

Actually i got game ranger working but it keeps freezing on start up when it shows my character.

mash enter, its what I do

Now the server keeps kicking me out. Says I am cheating.

did you install vmod?

I get errors when extracting that zip file. what.

using 7zip? i may have got corrupted downloading.

Winrar, not using 7zip.

I have the Holla Forumsmod enabled and it still kicks me, what the fuck.

try 7zip and/or re-downloading i guess. it's the same link everyone else is using.

I have, and 7zip for me is acting weird, it was in jap, then i had to change its language but it had trouble opening .zip files still.

Post all the webms you got

bumping for webms

Posting OC, more to come once they are finished.
jointops_2017_03_25_18_21_28_472.webm my.mixtape.moe/hnbphu.webm
jointops_2017_03_25_17_50_10_440.webm my.mixtape.moe/wxemfq.webm

Whoops forogt embed.

Good shit. If anyone has anymore OC, post it here or over at >>>/radcorp/

You cunts better be hosting again today.

I'm afraid that's it mate according to the last sever hoster, April the 7th we're planning on playing Call of Duty: United Offense though.

was fun times playing this. Most of the custom maps were pretty good.

Makes me miss playing Arma though. Anyone know a decent private group that isn't impossible to join?

This was fucking fun, hope next event is just as great. maybe next time ill figure out the countermeasures button

IT AIN'T WEW it was actually
great map

fuck yeah! can you post that screencap of the helis riding into the sunset?

thanks

oops

The second was painful though. Moar half decent webm's.

Meh, you riding into the sunset so it doesn't matter the direction.

20s version.

anons make sure to go to
8ch.net/radcorp/res/152.html

and tell us about your experience and what couldv'e gone better.

made a banner. included clean version incase anyone wants to do a better job.

Turning around and watching that T-72 dive into the water was one of the funniest things to happen in that session.

Last one, everything else corrupted itself somehow.
Still need to redo the first chinook one and make it longer, but that can wait.

I'm glad someone recorded me bullying that BTR into the water