Kojima stolen blade runner concept art made by Syd Mead and traced it to make pictures for Snatcher

You can't defend this shit.

All his works plagiarise a lot of shit from 80s action movies.

I-it's just a homage user! It's just inspired by it! Ignore the fact that it's the exact same and isn't just based around the later picture! Y-you're just racist against japs!

its pretty well known snatcher is a blade runner ripoff game. you're not breaking new ground here. next you're going to post that metal gear ripped off escape from new york.

it's almost like kojima is a really big fan of movies and referenced them constantly
wow woah

Snatcher = Blade Runner
Metal Gear = Escape From New York, Rambo
Boktai = ?
ZOE = ?

Post the Contra one with Arnold and Sylvester.

Its not just visual

wew
Good luck suing him I guess.

Do you have the 'tism?

Do you?

Wait, wasn't the first picture done by westerners though since Metal Gear never actually released officially in the west?

Theft becomes "homage" or "referencing" when a popular person does it.

ZOE is Evangelion or the other dozen giant mech animes. Those influenced Metal Gear as well, because the Metal Gears are literally giant anime mechs.
dunno about boktai

1. That's also the cover for the Japanese MSX version.
2. The game was released in Europe.

Well as I said - sue him and see what happens.

Huh, didn't know that.

ZoE is nothing like Evangelion, it's pretty clearly supposed to be like the old Gundam series

This really makes me woaaah hooooo

Damn, I had that Sonic 3 poster.

Why is it always raining on cybepunk artwork?

Without the dreary rain, the futuristic landscape would look fun to walk around in.

You can thank a lot of cyberpunk fiction for the idea of permanently overcast/raining landscapes. A lot of cyberpunk of course was directly connected to urban decay, megacorps that didn't care for people or the planet itself, so there's some undercurrents of ecological fuckery as well as overall dreariness. Rain was used a lot in Film Noir and it carried over into cyberpunk because of the elements that it borrowed from hard-boiled detective fiction and pulp fiction.

Bladerunner ended up cementing a lot of what people thought cyberpunk should look like stylistically when it came out, as well. Rain occurs throughout the movie, and plays an important part in some dialogue especially near the end.

Makes sense. Isn't there this huge city-tower in China that has its lower floor's alleyways in a permanent state of rain due to all the thousands of leaking pipes/AC units on the upper floors?

Oh nevermind. It was actually a huge bundle of buildings that looked like something off a Judge Dredd comic book.

Holy shit.

Wow, this is fucking surreal.

Kowloon Walled City was pure cyberpunk.

Wow, shocking revelation.
Next you'll tell me that most of the characters in Fist of the North Star are visually based off of actors and wrestlers from the 80's

Do you consider Araki using the names of Bands and Songs as the names of Stands in Jojo to be theft as well?

tbh by lawless they probably meant that there was a huge fucking mafia that was kind of like the de facto ruler of the entire thing.
I think the former residents remember it fondly because of two things:
1. The local mafia, being the owners of the prostitution and drug dealing monopolies had no reason to have random thugs stealing shit from people.
2. People that weren't part of the mafia were too affraid of the mafia to become common thieves. I mean, if you steal from potential customers of the brothels you're going to anger a lot of people.

Hong Kong was never a communist state

Do you have to want to live in a setting for it to be a good setting? Cyberpunk has been inherently dystopian since its creation, and no one's made it out to be utopian aside from transhumanists that don't realize that their brains would be backdoored by kikes in a hot second.

Wow

It's almost like kojima is just another wannabe movie director.

wtf i hate kojima now

I'm not surprised that he virtue-signalled like how some [current year] Hollywood directors did.

Original Art do not steal.

Didn't he say he was dearly worried for Jewllywood after trump won? Fuck Kojima.

Worried about America because of evil right.

wtf i hate kojima now

Yeah and? Doom did the same thing, it's music was straight up ripped right out of current metal bands when it was being developed. And they blatantly pirated graphics to convert them into things like textures.

He's the japanese Tim Schafer.
Fans give him all the credit instead of the team and blame publisher for everything that goes wrong. They both care more about story telling than actual gameplay. Waste a lot of money on overpriced voice actors.
Just wait for death's stranding to turn into some mediocre third person shooter.

What? Read up on the history of Kowloon you nigger.

I fucking hate how TPP is entirely blamed on Konami.
And then the fucker ended up being massively funded by Sony, made into a martyr and a hero at E3 and given an award solely for being responsible for the worst parts of the MGS games.

Poor mailman.

yeah minus the cyber

Wrong
Cyberpunk represents a step that humanity will/might have/could have /what if had taken into a future but only making it through by the skin of it's teeth which makes it not a full step into that future but just shy of one. You have things on the one side like cybernetics , robots , floating vehicles ,possible even nanomachines and life enhancing gadgets and the such but alongside that comes at a larger class division and a further wealth disparity ,currency that doesn't exist in physical form and mega-corporations running things behind the scenes ; for every good thing that doesn't exist in this world but exists in that one there exists something to counter-balance it. It just changes things up enough to intrigue you but leaves things familiar enough for you to identify with . It's neither good , nor bad,not a utopia ,but not a dystopia neither , it's just different

Unless of course you're talking about post apocalyptic cyberpunk

A lot of old games did that.

It's funny how all those examples are konami so far.

Boktai == good game, user

HOLY SHIT REALLY
They must have be so high on LSD to put these mushrooms and birdo in mario XD

"Snake Prisken? I INVENTED HIM! What's this? Brade Runner? I INVENTED IT!"

Biggest idea thief since Edison.

It's only dystopian for the people under your boots. Their opinions only matter if they have enough money and power to change the narrative, and once they have that money and power they no longer want anything to change.

Of course I can: stealing ain't wrong if you get away with it.

xex

You'd eat hidraw shit if you had the chance.

Libertarian paradise.

oy vey I bought the rights to the phrase Kojima's Creativity
you owe me royalties goyim
you own nothing

No

You know I realized that just after I posted.
Any way here's some that aren't konami.

Just because copyright law is an abomination doesn't mean plagiarizing isn't cancer either.
You might as well start defending shitposting because of free speech.

I like Kojima's work but his fanboys are probably the worst fanboys out there.

Bitch, please. Kojima is his games, it doesn't matter what he can do or not. It's only western devs who are desperate to prove their product is more than just a game. Faggots like Tim Schaefer and Chris Roberts, who never get anything done and spend their time talking about possibilities.

The Metal Gear series could have never been developed in the West. Think for a second of the rejuvenation of the series, in MGS3. Completely impossible, by western standards: the 3rd episode of our trilogies is always flawed and half stagnating. Then the 4th is a half flop, with 5th sealing the franchise for good.

The oddities in japanese gaming are the proof someone cared about them. Someone was so autistic to go against all reason, and keep them in. You don't get them, with committee approved games like we have in the west. Because there's no love in those.

Most people need a reality check.

MGS is fantastic, but these games aren't made by one person.

People just seem to want heroes to worship, but that always ends in disappointment, because it's the current year.

Take any of these supposed geniuses and give them full creative control and they will make nothing but fucking shit, just like George Lucas.

Kojima will be the next Keiji Inafune, probably.

I don't see how anyone can deny this shit.

The prequels would have been well receved, had they been 3D animation.

He shouldn't have pussied out of darth JarJar.

Boktai reference a shitload of spaghetti westerns.
Django is named after the main character of the film of the same name, where the main character drags a coffin around everywhere. Sabata comes from the Sabata Trilogy. Nero comes from the actor who played film Django, Franco Nero. Basically every character's name is a direct reference to some character or member of personnel involved in spaghetti westerns. Ringo's namesake is from A Pistol For Ringo Ringo steals his son's pistol in Zoktai.

wew

Nigger, I can feel you're already ashamed of writing such bullshit so I'm not inquiring any further. Just don't do no more.

At least that would have been hilarious.

shit thread tbh

Hey did you know that gooks copied Walt Disney, so anime is really just bootleg cartoons!

This. do you newfags even meme? remixing off a source isn't "stealing," it's just not wasting time like a retard, only kikes try to pin it as such for muh shekels

Gooks are inferior insectoids that can only steal ideas the White man came up with.

The OP post is literally a traced asset not remixing.

Japs did this a lot, it's not just Kojima. Clock Tower took from Phenomena.

Pic related, it's really one of those situations. I don't even know who else but shills, would care about busting some copyright open.

Nah.

I don't defend anything this hack of a game dev does. Fuck him.

that's when I turned the game off and never played it again.

But Denis Leary tells ONE joke about Keith Richards and he gets accused of stealing an unfunny racist's "entire routine" amirite?

Sounds to me like you're talking about two totally different groups of people. I for one think "stealing" creativity is a joke given most creativity is inspired from another source. You do realize the whole world isn't just one person, right user?

And as an example: I sure hope the silly people in this thread aren't deluding themselves to think that Blade Runner is a wholly original work of fiction.

Where do you people come from?

If there was a case here, user, it would have gone to court. Cry more about how creativity works though, it's a good look.

HEY EVERYONE DID U KNOW THAT GIDEON LOOKS LIK DECKER FROM BALDE RUNNER OMG I DIDNT KNOW THAT DID U ALSO KNOW THAT TERMINATOR IS IN IT TOO???????

DID YOU ALSO KNW THAT IN JAPLAND MARYO 2 WAS CALED DOKI DOKI PANIK??????????????

Go back to >>>/reddit/ you casual faggot.

Duke Nukem 1 and 2 were low budget games.

It's for the best, I hate both KIDF and cuckchan alike but it's just fine if you sit back and let them shit on each other.

Was that supposed to be a bad thing?

The Kowloon walled city did actually make an appearance in Call of Duty of all things

And they're the best of the series too.

I told you guys he was an anti-Trump hack.

I bet my left nut that his next game will suck too.

Japan steals from Blade Runner all the time.

I just want Kojima to go back to making point and click games.

I always thought the first game was spelled differently. Does this mean I switched timelines?

You can't switch timelines, user. That's just Jew magic bullshit.

He named stands after bands, not bands after bands.

I'm posting FaggotFist just to see what happens.

This is what happens.

Shit tier opinions regarding video games, but created a decent analysis of Michael Jackson's career and is a defender of the God Emperor. It's really hard to pin this rampant faggot down.

wow I guess Kojimbo really didn't work on the game and just stole everything.
Was the code written behind the picture he stole as well ?

I think that he might have a genuine delusion that Western titles are inherently superior and Japanese titles are only good by not being Japanese.

Look at how clam and level headed that he is in his review of Heavy Rain, possibly one of the few games that he played and reviewed.

but is it good????

Some early versions were distributed with a "U" because they were concerned with trademark infringement with the Captain Planet villian. They switched to the "E" version when they found out they were in the clear.

The world is already cyberpunk except for certain technologies that were predicted to come earlier than they actually will.
If you don't think the world as it is is total shit then I have news for you.

Thanks for the clarification. Thought this was another Berenstain/Berenstein situation for a while since a cursory googling of Duke Nukum yielded nothing.

Too bad it's already levelled down.

I wouldn't say that given that he thinks Fallout 3 is superior to New Vegas, which really surprises me since he's lauded top tier games like Thief and Deus Ex in the past. I just don't know what's going on in that man's head, user.

He has a certain vendetta to certain fanbases and devs. He also has an autistic hatred of Witcher claiming plagiarism. His Catherine review had one sentence hinting about the gameplay and the rest in a rant about how much he hates anime.

I think he's taking the edgelord persona way too seriously.

Plagiarism of what?

Plagiarizing Elric of Melnibone,when white haired swordsmen is basically a trope now.

It doesn't help that he has shit taste.

Something about White-haired bounty-hunter.

He also thinks DA:I is a good game, certainly up and down in his opinions.

I would've liked this game a lot more if they didn't call it Doom. To call this repetitive, tedious, ever-so-slightly fast FPS a Doom game is a fucking insult. The upgrade system was tedious and not needed at all, and the maps relied too much on locking you in a room while waves of enemies spawn continuously which completely disregards enemy placement in maps, something that takes actual fucking effort. Item/health management is disregarded too since you can just press a button and gain health/ammo instead of having the level designer try to think of clever ways to give you enough ammo and health but not too much. Lord forbid the player live with consequences and want to do repeat playthroughs or even speedruns that don't artificially slow the level progression down so I can see the same arm ripping animation again and again to regain health.

First of all that guy isn't just white haired he's a full on albino so the comparison to Geralt pretty reaching for something to bitch about. More importantly Micheal Morecock is complete shit.

lmao

It would have been better for them if they didn't call it Doom. There no way that any game made now days could be an adequate inheritor to that legacy. No matter how good a game you make it would seem a disappointment by comparison.

He did. Think of all the indie devs who set for surpassing him as the next bit thing, and fail miserably lol mobile gaming.

EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, Indies: you can't name a single AAA western dev who doesn't carry the stench of death to its name.

Well thank god for MGS1 I can't wait for the next "interactive movie" and enjoy my non-game. Yay Kojimbo!

David cage does literally the same thing, just rips off a bunch of movie and pop culture, staples them together into an incoherent mess and blows away any criticism with 2DEEP4U
Both are cancer and their fanbases are pure cancer.

Blade Runner stole from japen all the tiem b-for it was cool to do so

The no Kowloon management sim or puzzle game or

The Japanese definition of Anime and the American definition of Anime is totally different. In Japan, the style we in America consider anime is simply an artistic style. An anime is a tv show or movie that is animated in Japan. Saying that Catherine is an anime is like saying that Borderlands 2 or the Darkness 2 are cartoons because they use cell shading.

Defended. All works are derivative.

The irony…

Reminder that Suikoden V was released over a decade ago.

When was this?

Why Holla Forums always so shit at analogies?

People go nuts if something Japanese even vaguely resembles something Western, but then ignore, deny or rationalize any and all instances of the reverse (like Star Wars and The Matrix).

Then why is anime nothing like American animation?

"American" animation isn't what it used to be , but then again neither is anime

Virtually every complaint made about modern anime is false and comes from people who've only heard stories about it.

And I wasn't talking about quality, or modern anime. I was talking about differences.

I remember somewhere that John Carpenter basically talked it out and recognized that Kojima was just a fan of his work.

But MGS1 is literally a carbon copy of the plot of Escape from New York.

You're saying Kojima ripped something off? Wow, I'll never look at him the same way again.
Also, he didn't actually make the sprite art for his older games, did he?

It is?

What?

Anti-anime goons trying a new technique.

If you can't wander into late game areas and kill everything without leveling up, it's poorly designed. Nevermind designing the world to feel like a real place with real dangers. If it gets in the way of my power fantasy and bruises my ego, I'm going to REEE.

How so?

Ambience, and the thought of permanent ecological disaster.

Amusingly, Blade Runner released while William Gibson was still writing Neuromancer. He walked out partway through because he was worried everyone would think he was ripping it off.

Kowloon was more ancap than anything else. The cyberpunk tie is mostly due to its visual appearance.

No. It's inherently dystopian.

Cyberpunk created this amusingly incestuous cycle where the west stole from the east, the east stole the result from the west, the west stole that result from the east, etc. It started when early cyberpunk authors took inspiration and names and whatnot from Japan because they were in a massive technological boom at the time. Also partly because it helps make the world being built a little more foreign and strange and scary.

I played the everloving shit out of Turrican…

The absolute perfect setting for a Deus Ex like RPG. Not merely thematically, but also technically. Plenty of variations per room, lots of secrets to hide, a huge variation of personalities in an extremely dense environment.

Maybe its because you're being an annoying retard and not because of your bogeyman.

You are autism

>If a game that he doesn't like is hard, he will call fans nerds.
Does Metal stun mental growth?

This. It's straight up 0079.
Shinji's got more in common with Amuro than Eva has with Gundam.
And Dingo = Quattro. Very similar character arc.

I generally respect Razorfist, and the closest I will come to defending this is offering the context that he was reviewing the launch version of the game (or so I assume, because I never experienced those bugs).
However, this review is 100% irrelevant to anyone who buys the Ultimate Edition today like most people will. You start off with a grenade gun and can tell swarms of ants to go fuck themselves. Difficulty fucking what? Oh, there's the deathclaw quarry. By then you probably have the alien pistol, though.

He didn't play the game or enough of it to know that you can actually talk to people in it see webm 2 of

I heard that he does some good non-vidya related stuff but fuck the guy and his fans.

I played the launch version too, and I immediately grasped that some areas are higher level than others. You don't even need to be some oldschool RPG gamer to figure that out, WoW works the same way.

I pirated the Skidrow verison i think, and it came with some DLC shit user mentioned like grenade gun and a good shotgun. I just sold them or dropped some off until later in the game. There's no sense in taking away challenge from yourself.

Why would I want to defend Kojima's work improving on Blade Runner?

Kojima kiddies everyone.

I am just a simple connessoir of higher interactive arts, thank you very much.

Reminder that reality is the least cool version of Cyberpunk.

Live-streaming footage of a proxy war fought by suicidal cultists on the other side of the planet in crystal clear 1080 is pretty cool though.