New Vita Thread

"Wandering Awoo" Edition

WHATCHA:

And still importantly, are you having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2017/

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

First-Time Buyer's FAQ: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Wallpapers:ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/dedvmq
twitter.com/RisingStarGames/status/844610044503228416
archive.is/GAAT5
amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01LF2H87Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
wololo.net/2017/02/10/epsp-bubble-installer-2-0-activation-without-psn-psvita/
play-asia.com/ys-origin-multi-language/13/70aylx
pastebin.com/k50p3jww
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17LP
nichegamer.com/2017/03/24/gundam-breaker-3-break-edition-english-version-set-for-may-2-release/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17PSVG
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-deals/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLDEALS|platform~vita:game_content_type~games|
gematsu.com/2017/03/dungeon-travelers-2-2-details-dungeon-travelers-2-save-data-bonus-first-dlc
poal.me/k8dx0d
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/a-rose-in-the-twilight-playstationvita-theme-1/cid=UP1063-PCSE01046_00-CUSTOM000PSV0003
poal.me/xhnzad
henkaku.xyz/changes/
amazon.co.jp/dp/B06XBW18R3/ref=pd_lutyp_wsim_3_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06XBW18R3&pd_rd_r=806KCT22NRVF5JZQ419K&pd_rd_w=dKMUM&pd_rd_wg=jQgmt&psc=1&refRID=806KCT22NRVF5JZQ419K
archive.is/gh0Nj
dualshockers.com/2017/03/28/romancing-saga-3-remastered/
archive.is/tWYI0
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/a-rose-in-the-twilight-playstationvita-theme-2/cid=UP1063-PCSE01046_00-CUSTOM000PSV0004
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whoops, forgot the games list.

Trillion God of Destruction, just going for Fegor's ending then I'll be satisfied.
I'm not autistic enough to dump the hours needed to get every ending + true ending. After this i'll be stuck playing Toukiden 2 for a while.
Not really sure. Just kind of going with the flow.
Toukiden 2, should be here tomorrow
and all the East Blue arc One Piece omnibuses

I cracked open my copy of WoFF earlier. It's a stupid and silly RPG so far, but it's a great pallet cleanser for it. It should tie me over until Persona 5 I feel.

how you liking the (((localization))) user?
i hate this shit. It looks like a nice cute fun game, but I can't forgive or stand this localization. Fucking awful.

It's pretty aggravating. I'm glad there's at least Japanese voices, but unfortunately at this point my Japanese is strong enough that all the changes are REALLY noticeable.

I think I'll survive, though it's definitely reminding me why every other SE game I own is an import.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised the changes go further than just the Mirage Manual entries. Disappointing to hear.
why must good things be ruined?

Wait until "GRAVITY NOOOOOO!!!!!"
I watched a friend play it and almost had a stroke. Fuck squeenix.

do tell. I don't think I can be any more disappointed than I already am.

There is an anime scene where they are riding a boat that falls off a waterfall, and the mc screams "GRAVITY NOOOOOO!" The whole game feels like it was re-written by old people that went on reddit to try and understand humor that appeals to millenials. And later on the game takes on a darker tone and yet the meme'd up dialog persists. It's grating as fuck, more so if you have nip voices on and can tell the tone of the dialog is completely different.

jesus christ

I'm not gonna lie, when you said "And later on the game takes on a darker tone and yet the meme'd up dialog persists." I just thought about dropping the game and pirating the Japanese release for my 3.60 system.

I think playing DT2 as my first DRPG was a mistake. Not that it was bad but it makes the others I've tried so far look easy and bland in comparison.

About to start a new one called Unchained Blades, it came out on the psp.

well meiQ was pretty dull overall, nice concept but so basic

no idea what im gonna play next

I liked the game when I played through it the first time. Very pretty, but I never found a control scheme I was 100% comfortable with, so keep in mind it may feel cumbersome to play at points. Also, end-game and post-game grinding is a goddamn chore, worse than some Monster Hunter games, so unless you're far more devoted than I am be prepared not only for a cliffhanger ending where nothing is resolved but also to drop the game pretty much immediately afterwards. Still worth 3 bucks if you can spare the memory space.

The game was very poorly handled during localization. Several lines just weren't translated at all, and several very poorly.

By these reasons and more combined, I have vowed to never play this game, even if it gets a PC release and I can pirate it, unless someone does what the Nep community did for the Nep games. Bad localization is bad localization, no matter how you change the original content.

Hard to live up to DT2, I know. Did you do all the post-game content too? Not that it matters once 2-2 launches. I didn't have the stomach to launch straight into post-game once I finished it.

Sad to hear about MeiQ. Waifus and robots sounds like a great combination. How was the execution flawed user?

I'm playing Racrimosa of Dana. It's really fucking good thus far.

I burned out at floor 22 of tower of bogomil. Is that the final one? Not sure.
Going from gear castle with their assembly line puzzles to Bogomil with all the secret walls and secret walls that are fake on purpose to confuse the player. Those 2 in a row made me take a long break from it.

Digimon Cybersleuth, Persona 2 and Valkyrie Drive
New Digimon
Mary Skelter
Utawarerumono
Persona 5 to get a vita release
Shiren, Toukiden 2, Dungeon Travelers 2. Trying to get the most out of my prime subscription before it expires
Always

Super Robot Wars V. I have little to no doubt this will be the best game to come out this year. There simply are not words enough to do justice to how good this game is. The only flaw is that it's way too easy if you know what you're doing.

Can't really think of much, other than Dungeon Travelers 2, since that's still oddly expensive. Only things coming out that I'm interested I have on preorder, which is mainly Dungeon Travelers 2-2.

DT2-2. I think I've got everything else important on the Vita already.

See >Playing

How many NA release versions did that Yomawari/The Firefly Diaries same-cart bundle see? Just curious, as a local store the other day had a preowned, yet still sealed copy for $24 (employee on duty said someone traded it in unopened), and as it's a boxed copy, about the size of various other Vita LEs I've seen, I highly suspect there's more there than just the games themselves in it. However, the outer packaging looks notably different than photos of what the Collector's Edition came with, so I'm really not sure what version I was looking at.

Do me a favor, provided either of you actually has the game still, and dig in the credits to see who was responsible for the English script. I'd love to know if it was some internal Square team, or if they whored it out to a third party that either was inclined towards that shit, or perhaps made to oblige Square's requests (as Square would have been paying their bills).

I want to impregnate Momiji

My hatred of NISA is greater than my love of Touhou, why the fuck did they of all people have to get this franchise?

Nips are way too gullible when it comes to bringing stuff over seas. Unless they have prior experience they'll just go with the first faggot who says "UGG! ME BIG GAIJIN! ME KNOW WHAT MAKE GAME SELL!"
also the "NIS" part of NISA probably makes them think quality

>also the "NIS" part of NISA probably makes them think quality

That actually makes a lot of sense. Like Xseed and NISA had a sort of quick draw where they both released a Touhou game but while Xseed quit after one NISA kept going. It's pretty easy to assume they'd go with the one that's owned by a Japanese company over the one no one has heard of. I was hoping NISA would just die already after they lost their cash cow Neptunia but from the looks of things they're gonna keep going for years. I'm never going to stop being mad about Ys8.

Maybe they won't fuck it up. It does how that Xseed needs to step up its fucking game though and learn to make their own PC ports, otherwise they're going to keep getting passed over.

Honestly, you should just stick to Japanese versions of Japanese games. Localization companies are at best "not actively seeking to fuck over the games they're given" and even then are going to be lacking at some point or another. It's not like the Vita is region locked or anything.

I had hope once too. I 100% agree about Xseed needing to step up their game though, the fact that we don't have a PC port of 7 or Memories of Celceta in the west yet is a lose of money for both Xseed and Falcom and pretty bad fuckup overall.

Mcfucking kill me.

Isn't XSEED technically owned as part of Marvelous now, or do they have some different sort of relationship? Though, I suppose with NIS and NISA, the relationship between branches is easier to see from name alone.

I'd like to see there's a chance, but not one that people should bet on, sadly. When a an actually decent, bug free scripting job is the exception and not standard, it's a real problem. Unfortunately though a lot of companies don't seem to feel that way.

Don't at least some of the touhou games have English fan-translations, or perhaps a wiki that could have been consulted to get personality/speech quirks down properly? Granted, I suppose a professional (or rather, "professional", in regards to NISA) company might consider doing that beneath them, but it strikes me as at least a good way to double check matters, so you don't wind up with that, or "Final Player" from ToZ (the latter of which Tales fans had long determined to have been "Final Prayer" from Rebirth prior).

Checking that would take effort. Why spend effort when you can just turn the character Mexican?

Quite a lot of them do. 2hu main and fangame translations used to be pretty lively but as (checked) said why bother putting in effort. If NISA actually did a good job we probably wouldn't hate them.

Kill yourself, weeb.

2hu is gargantuan. Every main game has translations near instantly, and every worthwhile doujin game (9999999999+ and counting) has translations eventually. Character phrases, names, locations, etc etc have been long established for over a decade now.

NISA has absolutely no excuse for stupid shit like Aye-yai-yai or Lumia. Fucking mongoloid retards can't even get shit right when others do some of the work for them.

These threads have somehow been really lively lately, not that I'm complaining.

What the fuck

Still waiting warmly on a Devil of Decline english patch.

What the actual fuck.

Fuck off already

Didn't get around to finishing Trillion last night. I'll probably get the ending tonight though, if the RNG in Valley of Swords will be willing enough to bless me with the right seals.

I never had the game, this is just from what I found on google images. But yeah, whoever's responsible for this (((localization))) deserves shaming and getting shit on.

yeah, I haven't really been able to make myself play MeiQ beyond that first dungeon.
I like the soundtrack and art though. It's just really missing something it feels like.

give it a year or two, we'll inevitably get Persona 5 Platinum or something along those lines.
They've done it with the past 2 Persona games, don't really see why they'd stop there; unless they've specifically said the weren't doing one.

Me too user. Me too…

Yikes. So i'm guessing that's from Genso Wanderer?

you've noticed as well? Not sure why that has been, but I like it.
They've been so slow for a long while.

Same reason why jap indie devs keep falling for NiCALiS's take the money and run schemes. Nobody tells them anything and the localization team hast a cancerous fanbase that will buy anything regardless/people give them money for their "non-butchered" releases.

Good joke.
They need to get bigger in order for that to happen, they're a fraction of the size other localization teams are.

How is Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends CE? I haven't played one since the first PS2 Dynasty Warriors.
going to start playing that, the Ratchet & Clank series, or Ys Celceta

It's playable, but the framerate gets really bad at times and it doesn't have as much enemies on screen as the other releases. Not Dynasty Warriors 6 ps2 version bad, but the problems are noticeable. If you want a musou game on the vita; wait for Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 to go on sale or import/pirate. That game was made for handhelds and runs a lot better

But if you can get DW8XLCE for cheap, then go for it.

Alright, if I'm dropping WoFF because of translation memery, I need to decide another game to play.

poal.me/dedvmq

If you hated WoFF for the translation memeing, avoid that game. It's not as bad, but the memeing is a lot more blatant and in your face

Agreed. The real question is just who is it though. While Square's probably big enough not have their own internal teams, that hasn't stopped them from whoring out to 8-4 at the very least for certain games/series.

Question, if you can into moon, why were you playing the English release of WoFF?

Play DT2 and get bullied

I thought Luminous Arc Infinity was the 4th game?

It's cheaper to buy games locally, and I live in the US.

The japanese copy is on sale for 20bucks on Play-Asia

You're right, my bad. Neither LA3 or Infinity came over (and LA3's fan translation seems to have been abandoned).

A fair point, but if you do know moon and a game gets a reputation for the English script being shit by launch if not earlier (which can sometimes be gleaned from trailers), it would probably be much more in your interest to get the Japanese version.

Fate/Extella, Valkyrie Drive
Caligula, Trails of Cold Steel 2
Nothing right now.

Super Robot Wars V

Will 2-2 be getting an NA release, do we know?

I would assume that if anyone's interested in bringing it over, they'd likely wait until after seeing how 2-2 is received natively in Japan first. Has Atlus ever expressed how well the western release of DT2 did? Could be an encouraging sign if they were pleased, though I expect their censoring of a handful of the CGs hurt their sales to at least some degree.

But as of now, I don't recall hearing anything about it coming west. I could be wrong though.

Would you want to play a censored version of it even if it did exist?

I wouldn't be happy about censorship but if the alternative is not playing it I'd deal with it or make an uncensor patch

It's not like the Vita's region locked user.

I decided to play a bit more of WoFF before dropping it entirely, since I had a little hunch about the localization. Turns out I was right - besides for the horrible bestiary entries (I mean, just look at this shit…), it seems like the localization is faithful, but "punched up" in places, to try and maintain the same tone as the original Japanese. It's not perfect (why the fuck did they translate Tama saying です a lot as saying the in front of every other word?), but I can see why they did it, and I'm a lot more tolerant of localization changes if I can tell they weren't done maliciously, and I can at least see the logic behind them. I haven't gotten to the point where the story gets darker, so I'll take that other anons word for it that it isn't handled the best way, but if nothing else I think I'll keep playing to analyze the localization. I want to get into translation myself, so any examples of what does and doesn't work is good reading material.

That, and the game itself is fun and cute, localization quirks aside.

I'd say that the fact that both Utawarerumono 2 and 3 are coming over physically on Vita is a good sign that DT2 sold well enough. If those games do well on Vita, I can definitely see DT2-2 coming over (though probably digitally only)

Why would a Korean know Japanese?

It is, but the endgame devolves into everyone riding worms, spamming gravity and gravity counter.

Well, the music is good and the artstyle is charming. Gameplay seems fine so far, and even if the balance does go to shit later I'm having trouble believing that there's only one way to break the game.

How've you been liking Ys VIII, by the way? I imported it back when it came out, and it was easily my GOTY 2016.

It's almost required to plow through the endgame, as it will hit the damage limit every time until the boss has less than 40k HP and can go off several times per round. The final boss design is really good, though, and the villain's gimmick of being the Knights of the Round who style themselves after summons is really versatile and lends itself well to expansion. I never really tried out the mega-mirages, so I'm not sure how OP they get.
It's really good, I'm not that far, only about five hours in and about to get Mr. Guns. If the bosses get a little more complex it will displace Origin as my favorite Ys. I'm glad it has returned to the fast and jumpy style that the Napishtim engine games had. It's very pretty, as well and the invasion battles are really fun.

twitter.com/RisingStarGames/status/844610044503228416

Nice, I hope it's good.

oh hell fucking yeah.

Here's hoping. Pretty much everything else I'd want on the PS4 has come out on the Vita or PC as well, so I should consider myself lucky

Looks pretty neat

Why is Momiji so perfect?

The game in OP's sequel.
Nothin much
Above

Equipment in this game can be silly at times

Nice, it might even get a limited edition or at least a nice small bonus.

How's Rising Star's quality? Only thing I've really known of them is that they handled the PAL release of Avalon Code, and I'd assume they likely just borrowed XSEED's prior English script (I could be wrong though).

Speaking of Genso Wanderer, did NISA totally fuck up and (((localize))) it, or is the translation pretty okay? I'm considering picking up a used copy.

she just is. She's cute, loyal, strong, and perfect for impregnating

I wasn't aware Genso Wanderer got a sequel.

I know they did Deadly Premonition and Superbeat Xonic. Here's their full list. From the small number of games on this list I've played, I haven't noticed anything really fucked or changed with the stuff they've done.

archive.is/GAAT5

Namely just curious as to if they seem like a decent enough company as far as bringing games west unmolested goes; looks like for quite a while they were just a PAL localization company, thus here in NA it seems like we've only started to deal with them in the last few years, and even then, some of those listings still got handled by other companies here despite a NA branch (Superbeat: Xonic, for example, being listed as PM Studios, Atlus, and Acttil in NA).

Lets put it this way, they were able to sell a game where you play as "Nazis" and attack the "Allied forces" in germany without catching wind of anyone.
Their own localizations are generally fine, worse they've ever done was give a character an accent and a few jokes that didn't translate well.

((Localized)) just like the other 2hu game they touched, just pirate the original PC version.

I see. Good to know, thanks.

Believe it or not, this is the "5th" release of the game.

The game's original name is 不思議の幻想郷3 (Fushigi no Gensokyo 3/ Mystery Gensokyo 3), which was released on PC, then rereleased as 不思議の幻想郷3+ with extra content + a side game featuring Futo.
Then ported to Vita as 不思議の幻想郷TOD + that Futo side story with more content in it + an Aya and Momiji one.
Then the Vita port was "re"ported back to PC with all of its DLC last August.
The new game is 不思議の幻想郷TOD -Reloaded-
Which is basically 不思議の幻想郷TOD + Even more content for PS4/Vita and also a save carry over feature from TOD and the PC version, as well as a cross-save between PS4/Vita versions.

AQUA STYLE did the same thing with the first Fushigi no Gensokyo, re-releasing it like 4 times, the original, a remake in one of the later game's engines, then bundled that remake with later entries, then another remake in 3's engine.
You can probably still find the original PC version on Doujinstyle, it lacks the mechanics and changes that are later introduced in +/TOD but at heart it's the same game.

Also sorry if I didn't clarify, but the one being localized by NISA is TOD/Tower of Desire, not Reloaded.

I made that poll and put the gook part in there to deliberately trigger people.

Last I checked on the Homebrew scene was when Adrenaline was initially released. Can I get a summary of new shit since then? Anything I should download?

Literally nothing but an updated version of vitashell.

Do you also call Germans "Frogs" to "trigger" people?

Does anyone know if henkaku has a way to restore CMA backups without using CMA?

It's now possible to install adrenaline with a vita that hasn't been activated. Vita TV can play games off of a USB

The franks ruled Germany for some times, you could actually call them frogs.

ah damn, i was afraid of that. Just how bad is it? I mean is it just sort of messed up or is it seriously fucked? I have a mighty need for this. But if the translation is that cancerized I'll just look for another 2hu doujin game where you play awoo I guess.
Thanks for letting me know.

Oh okay.
Can't find a PC version for TOD -Reloaded- though, all that keeps coming up is just Genso Wanderer's PS4/Vita release. Moriya Shrine and Doujinstyle both only have Fushigi Gensokyo Chronicle and Fushigi no Gensokyo 2 as well.

oh, well, still searching for just Reloaded, as apposed to TOD Reloaded, only got me links back to Genso Wanderer.

Hentai doujins were more professionally handled than what NISA did. Someone should have the screenshots saved; you got name changes and painfully obvious mistranslations.

man, they really can't do anything right can they?
Christ. Looks like I'm gonna be hunting for some other 2hu doujin games then.

I want to breed a wolfgirl

Oh sorry, Reloaded is on PS4/Vita, just search 不思議の幻想郷TODR for it
Tower of Desire/Gensou Wanderer is on Vita/PC, and I don't think the PC version was ever uploaded from that last Comiket, except probably on those chink sites and only on those.

Also could have sworn Doujinstyle had 3 but it's probably somewhere on the internet, they have the Futo game at least "物部布都と6つの試練"

ditto

ah okay, yeah there's no finding a download link or shop for the PC version it seems. Even that only links back to the PS4/Vita versions.

So to confirm, amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01LF2H87Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is the most recent one?

Is it? I literally just reinstalled all my hacks to clean it up for PSP and it still needed the activation for the bubble installation.

I'm expecting they've dwindled a little since Touhou's heyday and the arising of boatgirl mistresses. But the original games, NSML, Touhouvania, and the different Touhoumons are always solid for a replay.

What even are these games? I'm presuming not bullet hell.

yep
wololo.net/2017/02/10/epsp-bubble-installer-2-0-activation-without-psn-psvita/

I just ordered a vita, guys. I'm excited. Not excited about getting a memory card though.
Now I gotta find a game to buy.

welcome aboard… there is a sale right now on psn, and there will be a Flash sale tomorrow.

How big of a memory card should I get if I go the PSN route? 32 gigs is EXPENSIVE as shit.

Is this good? I love golf games.

…I guess 32gb is a minimum (more agree) but if you cant afford it go for 16gb and you could to store some games on pc/ps3

cant go wrong for that price.

check gameplays on jewtube before buying any game if you're in doubt

Flash Sale tomorrow, might be worth waiting on buying anything from PSN until then.

fucking censored pantsu

still a good golf game though

Adrenaline update isn't here quite yet, then? Oh well. Are backups any more stable?

I've got a dozen psn games half of them being psp/older titles though and I've used up aroind half of my 64gb card.
The memory cards are the worst part about the vita, I paid more for my 64gb card than I did for the vita itself. I'd say 32 minimum if you're going to be using the psn a lot though

Yes. TOD Reloaded is what's known as Genso Wanderer in the West.

checked
Nice user. Check out that chart at the top of the thread, or check the previous thread in the archives where we gave a few suggestions to another user for some games.

if you're going a mostly-digital route for your Vita games, you're gonna want to splurge for that 64GB one. It's gonna hurt, but it's the only real option if your collection is gonna be mostly digital. Hell, the memory card prices are why so many of us are keen on getting physical releases for stuff.

I know 64GB cards are expensive, but have they really gotten THAT bad? I haven't had to buy a memory card in a long while I've culled my library though, several times. But I have 10GB still free on my 32GB card that I got with my Vita almost two years ago.

It isn't that bad to back-up to PC or redownload your games if you want to play them and you have a decent internet connection.

I'm usually not actively playing more than a few games at a time, which could probably fit on a 16GB card if they're all large.

I suppose so. Doing that just always seemed like a hassle to me. I got with an all-physical library anyway. The only digital retail Vita game I have downloaded is Atelier Ayesha. All of the rest are either physicals or PS1/PSP titles, barring Lone Survivor and Risk of Rain both of which are pretty small downloads by comparison.

I got my vita at a discount because the previous owner's dog left bite marks in the left trigger. Works fine though

play-asia.com/ys-origin-multi-language/13/70aylx
Well at least I can buy one Ys game this year

Oh that explains it. Pretty nice then.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Unless the screen got fucked up too.

My OLED Vita's shoulder buttons started acting a little funky and not detecting presses occasionally anybody know how easy this is to fix?

Open up your system and clean the triggers

Ugh I hate opening shit with screens it took me forever to make sure the screen was clean when I opened up my PSP.

I recall the OLEDs trigger buttons easy to get to, I'm pretty sure you'll only need to take off the back and won't have to take the motherboard apart at all.

Depends on what you like. I'd give a recommendation of Muramasa Rebirth as a good starting point.

Depends on the size of the games you're interested in. Vita games can range from very small (namely indie stuff), to multiple gigabytes per game (PSO2 seems to be the biggest last I heard, but that's Japan only to my knowledge, and is much more of an outlier than average for filesize). And for PS1 games, those can be a few hundred MBs to a GB or two, depending on how many discs were involved (and how much space the discs themselves used)

Still, if you opt to go the physical route wherever possible, you can cut down on memory usage somewhat (and also avoid giving certain shitty companies money when buying in the aftermarket), but for a number of games, you're really not given much of a choice, at least here in the west. And, whether or not you've got half decent access to physical Vita games also depends some on where you live if you're not going to be looking for copies online.

Oh, I should have read your post better the first time. No dust will get into your screen because the screen is glued with adhesive to the digitizer. So unless you're taking your screen apart you won't have anything to worry about dust getting in the screen.

Ah great though that is real shit if I ever happen to have to replace the screen.

This is me and Neptunia U right now. Doerr and his staff murdered the dialogue—you don't even need to be passable in moon. Just anime experience alone lets you know what the seiyuu are saying is not what the script is stating. Game's fucked and I've got one foot in the Japanese Only buying door. Not going to miss all the fucking confusion and anger, I'll say that much.

XSEED's 3DS sale had me pick up the game there. Saw it in passing on Amazon jp last week. It's a dungeon crawler so I imagine it can't be too fucked. I'll trade notes with you on it after I finish Blaster Master Zero. Speaking of which:

DO NOT PICK UP BLASTER MASTER ZERO.

Unless you're pirating, then it's fine. If you've played the original, stick with that. Inticreates dropped the ball. The game is flat like soda. I'm not gonna hard tangent cause Vita thread, but it's not worth the dosh in the slightest. All the difficulty is just outright fucking gone, the story makes no sense and is an active obstruction, and the music is outright dogshit.

8 more floors to go, plus the annex hallways (short and direct, no traps or passages there, but be advised the Therians can and will push your shit in. The black beard can one-shot your entire team and there's fuck-all you can do about it. Be prepared to out-speed his ass, since muscle won't help. 5000 Atk and can drop a Crowned Paladin with best equipment easily. Silver Keys or a speedy-as-fuck chain of attacks are your only window out of that.

Is that out already, or are you playing the JPN?

Reminder that none of these releases are the main fucking games and I take offense at that daily.

The fact that the game is still regular priced save for the occasional sale raises hope. Even though some sites tried to slam it and give it a bad name cause m-muh sexism, most user reviews are positive via metacritic and amazon. I don't see Atlus ignoring it. It won't be this year, though, as they've got a lot on their plate.

Neat.

32gb minimum. 64 is best. That's if you're absolutely going digital as the majority purchases. I'm down to 10 gigs on my 64. Fucking kill me.

It is. Your saves are tied to your games unless you have physical copies. Meaning you're backing up saves + games, and if you delete your games, bye bye saves. Only exception is if you use PSPlus's upload backup function.

Aside of that, actually backing up Vita data is a serious pain in the ass, as both the Sony-provided and modded clients don't overwrite previous backups, but just save on top of them, eating up data like no one's business.

Sony really fucked users with the memory card bullshit.

Anyways:

Nothing. My memory card games are acting up so I'm backing up shit, then intend to do a format wipe. And that will take some time I don't have since I'm on clock to do some dosh-earning.

This 3rd party service to answer my question about preorders it's been 4 fucking days goddamn it

DT2-2, probably Moe Crystal while I'm at it. Just got Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, haven't tried it yet.

The Vita is much easier to open than every PSP model. Also easier than every 3DS model, the 2DS gives it a run for its money except the 2DS triggers have a spring which is tricky to put back in place. I've never tried to swap the screen on the 2DS though.

Just double checked, the OLED is fused with its digitizer then that is glued to the plastic front with adhesive. Doesn't change much, you will need to heat the adhesive to remove the screen. When I swapped my screen I just I fixit's method of baking it in an oven at 200F it worked.

Holy shit that was a Toranon level text block.

I think Atlus localizing 2-2 really depends on how much of a western market they see left on the vita when they get around to it and tbh I wouldn't hold my breath seeing as people hate localizing weebshit properly and on time. Atlus could see it as not worth the time like they do with other niche titles all the time.

64 GB cards supposedly have a higher failure rate than the other cards and Sony offers no warranty for failed 64 GB cards outside of JPN because that is the only market they are officially sold.

Also if you're on 3.60 you can extract the saves and delete the game backups to save space but you'll (obviously) have to do some additional fuckery to reinsert the save later.

My bad. Tried to make most of it relevant and not random self-fellating bullshit as he is wont to do.

I share that gaze on DT2-2 being a possible no show for the west. Being honest, the Vita doesn't have much life left for the west in spite of the release schedules. If we don't hear something about it by the fall, it's genuine reason to start worrying.

Just…really hoping a format and maybe dropping titles I don't play will help. Freedom Wars has remained ignored it's time for it to go.

No such hope. Went the goy route.

Mask of Deception is coming out at the end of May. Maybe there's one before it, but I haven't seen anything if that's the case.

I had a flashback honestly. I had to do a double-take at that user's ID to make sure he hadn't returned

They have 2 coming, one for summer and one later in the fall since the story is iirc a duology (technically it's a duology with an Actually Needed anime tie-in).

Which reminds: time to get a JPSN card and nab Utawaremono while it's just 600 yen or so. It's good shit and I hear not nearly as brutal as the PC version.

I made the mistake of going into Kukunochi Forest alone. I came across a sidequest where a mitama in a shrine wanted me to follow some big oni. I walked out of the shrine, down the path, and there was a fucking Windshredder. After exhausting all my Mitama's abilities I finally just let it kill me. It took over 30 minutes to get it to halfway so it'd go into "your shit's fucked now" mode. Not to mention the area had 3~6 Aurwings spawning and shooting those purple lightning orbs at me, which cause you to get dizzied.

I'm gonna have to take back what I said before about being piss easy. Just take at least one other NPC with you. Solo is fucking masochism.

TL;DR
A Windshredder pushed my shit in.
Never hunt alone.

Some games Atlus is willing to try to bring over more of, but yeah, it likely depends on sales and if there's more pressing stuff on the horizon. I mean, with Swordcraft Story, Luminous Arc, and some other games, they were willing to give them two chances before dropping the later titles (though in the former's case, that might have been due to how quickly the DS came out after the GBA and proceeded to overtake it). Meanwhile, with Endless Frontier, they brought the first entry west (probably helps that what crossover characters it had were only from a few franchises, namely Xenosaga and NxC), but they didn't bother with EXCEED, likely due to how badly the original sold here ( to the point it's now it's a $60+ DS game where I live, at least for complete copies). Sad thing being that I hear Endless Frontier ends on a sequel hook EXCEED starts from, and EXCEED also fixes a number of mechanical issues too.

Pretty sure you still need PSN set up in order to use it. In my experience it also needed partial activation. Right now though I can't even get to that part of the settings to check without hitting an activation wall so who knows.

Anyway, first iteration on the hack Paste. Comments needed!

pastebin.com/k50p3jww

I didn't copy the link in?

Wait, so when installing games with MaiDumpTool, you don't just install VPKs and call it good?

can the vita snes emulator run legend of the seven stars?

im in a dilemma and dont know what to do. i want to transfer some wallpapers to my vita but my content manager just pops up with update to latest software. in the end i probably wont hack/pirate but i want the option to be still available
what should i do?

Don't ever update. Even if you don't pirate somehow, you're sitting on a decent sum of cash until a downgrade is possible.

yer was leaning that way
are there any games that force updates? or update via the game itself?

You need Open CMA

Just picked up DT2 to add to my collection, anything I should expect?

Use QCMA instead. It's a FOSS replacement for the Vita content manager. Actually that would be a good thing to add to the paste.

Run, yes, but I didn't test beyond the first save point. This was with the SNES9x 2002 core. 2005 New is just shy of full speed.

It's far better than VPKs. MaiDumpTool installs almost instantly for a start.

You need Open CMA to transfer files on lower firmwares. I transfer shit on my 3.18vita

Considering that this Dragon's Crown VPK went blank after I rebooted for the custom theme, which also isn't working, this may be something worth checking out. I just extract the contents of a VPK and Mai can install from there, right?

Fuck. Yes. Holy shit. Transforming waifus here we come.

32GB is minimum if you're going to get a lot of PSN games. If it's your main mode of game acquisition, you need a 64GB.

I'd be more worried about your SD card if that sort of thing is happening. Anyway, MaiDumpTool also makes better copies of games, so you want to use games dumped by that instead of stuffing about with old VPKs. I'll confirm that Dragon's Crown in that torrent should work.

If you want to emulate stuff go 64GB too.

Alright Holla Forums
This awoo shit needs to stop.
It's the gayest forced meme ever.
Nobody buys that touhous can beat up male characters.
You're a bunch of little faggots, let's be honest.
You might as well be nu-male feminists.
That's about all.
Peace out.

Strong male characrters could murder-rape your precious loli low-t bait and people like me could murdercrush your fucking face with our thumbs. You're worthless to the race and you're worthless to the board. You need to be quarantined at (below) or culled from this earth.
>>>/jp/
For all eternity this time.
BE GONE
YOUR IDEALS ARE ANTITHETICAL TO NATURE
YOU ARE TRASH

So I have to find new versions of the games? Fuck me. I'm assuming that by SD card you mean the memory stick? Which torrent?

HAIL TESTOSTERONE
SHUT UP, WEEBS

Awesome, picked it up not long ago, glad I got the right one.

The add-on storage that costs lots of money.

Read my paste damn it.

Oh okay. You should mention the ePSP Bubble Creator thing, I just used it for Adrenaline and it works so far.

In the paste that is.

[citation needed]

That is one of the best golf series ever. It's phenomenal.

As someone that plays a lot of golf games, that is one of the best modern fantasy golf games to come out of this gen since Mario Golf shit the bed.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17LP

>Reel Fishing: Master's Challenge
Fuck yeah, been waiting for them to go on sale

Have you considered a PSTV? I haven't tried it myself but apparently vitashell 1.61 has usb mount support. They also all ship (if new) with 3.35 making it easy to just update to 3.60.

It appears most of the people complaining about it ordered 64GB cards from Amazon importers that tended to fail around 6 months but nobody followed up on it as a concrete story if that's what you're asking. A cursory google search leads to several threads about it but, again, no real consensus.
I'm going to assume it was because they weren't released to the wide market or because nobody gives a shit about the vita. There's also the 3rd option that people just care more about 64GB cards failing.

P5 is getting released for vita?
Awesome!

The brexit allegory is still part of the original plot though right?

How bad is the localization for neptunia hard girls?

Oh shit forgot to ask about killzone mercs.
Anyone play it?

It is not released on psv.

nichegamer.com/2017/03/24/gundam-breaker-3-break-edition-english-version-set-for-may-2-release/
Re-Release in Asia

Skimpy pickings. I'll nab Dark Arisen cause I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls is there, too, but I'll wait till I can nab a physical copy.

IFI stopped dealing with NISA localizations some time ago. It should be safe.

Killzone Mercenary is pretty decent. It's the only real viable FPS on Vita anyway, but the campaign alone is worth playing, since it puts on both sides on the conflict. And the way you can customize your loadout to be either built like a tank, light-armor build, or something in between. It's a nice touch that the other games definitely could have used. Not to mention the different drones n shit you can use too.

Nep vs Sega Grills is on sale on Play-Asia

Just saw. So is Sophie.

And XSeed just kicked out a PSN sale on all their games across the board.

They're doing this deliberately to drain my pocket.

The XSEED games aren't part of the flash sale though right? My gf went ham when Corpse Party blood drive came out. They're still one of the good guys hopefully.

Yeah but it's a shame we have to pay for some of the dlc but pcfags get it for free.

Oh nice EDF2 is 50% off

The vita deals right now

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17PSVG

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-deals/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLDEALS|platform~vita:game_content_type~games|

Nah, it's a separate sale. Though about Ghost Party - the 3DS edition of the 1st is supposed to have extra content, right?

Agreed, easily. The 50% off the Estival Versus dlc is nice, but ti's still a dent in the petty cash.

They don't get everything for free, just some costume packs and only one of them is free forever

Yeah, they added extra chapters.
So it has more content than the PSP version, which itself already has more content than the PC98 version.

She's done with the series after Blood Drive because it's too much investment in the story and she said Corpse party 2 is starting a new story.

Also have they released other chapters of Corpse Party 2? I've seen ch1 a few years ago but nothing past that yet.

Mask of Deception is out first and Futari no Hakuoro(s?)/The Two Hakuoros whatever they choose to call it is coming later.

What? The story is insanely simple. There's not really all that much to invest yourself in, even in Blood Drive where they go so far overboard with the magic/spiritualism angle that it becomes downright hilarious.

Killzone: Mercenary is very nice. There are some hidden things to collect, intel to gather and bonus ways to play the campaign after you beat a level.
I used to play the multiplayer years back and now I wish I could go back; used to wallop people in such one sided ways though, so I stopped playing.

Ever since I've always wondered if the game is alive or not.

On one end, Bamco is producing more copies of the game. On the other, I'll have to buy another Vita. Sort of want this.

I want to impregnate Ayame

Sony. Why.

What? Also, in practice, if something's a Vita/PS4 multiplat, it's a Vita exclusive that Sony bribed/begged the maker to make a PS4 port for, like SRW V and Omega Labyrinth Z

This was an oversight

What? Are you counting foreign sales or something? The PS4 is starting to pick up now, but there's still far more Vitas out there than PS4s in Japan, which is where most devs need to make their money.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Also never knew Senran Kagura had so much DLC (to the point that pages and pages of it are currently marked down), though admittedly it's not a series I've looked that much into myself.

I could be wrong, but I think that if a game requires an update to play, you just won't be able to play it until you run the update. If your wifi is turned off, I don't think it should try to autograb an update. Just my own thoughts though. I know some PSP games came with built in updates you could apparently run from the UMD without needing the internet.

Didn't stop them from bringing Nick Doerr in for a while as editor. Granted, I'm not sure if that particular game was one brought west during his time working with IFI, or afterward.

Also, while it's not exactly a Vita game (though it can be played on one), anyone know if Unchained Blades is good?

Wait so like… can we play any PSP or Vita game via haxx now? Haven't done much with my Vita since turning it into an emulation machine last summer.

No game on Vita or Sony's other systems force an update. No matter what you still have to agree to the EUA that comes with every system update. What can happen is that you leave your wifi on and the Vita running. Every 24 hours the Vita dings Sony's machines for update information—the live screen offers, any PSPlus options you have enabled, and also browsing for system updates.

Of course, beat that by turning it to Airplane Mode when you don't need the internet on your Vita. Downside is that while game software can't forcefully update your Vita, they cannot be played if they're demanding a higher firmware release than yours.

What you need to do is look into something called a Vita Update Blocker. Pretty sure it's on wololo or they're talking about it—there or gba temp. Should hopefully work for you. Mind you, I'm not swearing 100% success—my friend & I both dl'ed it and while he got it working, I couldn't. I blame that on the fact I'm still using XP as opposed to Windows Big Brother.

The Nep games that absolutely have Doerr's fingerprints on it are the following:

Hyperdevotion Noire
Hyperdimension Neptunia U
Neptunia Pitch Perfect
Neptunia Rebirth 2 & 3

Blanc & Neptune vs Zombie Army, Nep vs Sega Hard Girls were both after his quitting the bigger houses and going on to try and kickstart his own indie shit (currently in limbo).

Haven't started my copy.

I believe at least one doesn't work, crashing at a particular point, but generally yes.
No, ones requiring a firmware update are off-limits if you want hacks. Paste explains it.

I did! Also noticed a stupid error in one of the warnings, that's fixed.

You can turn automatic update downloading off can't you?

You can but why take the chance? It doesn't run checks while you're gaming, to my knowledge. Just when the system is idle.

In terms of waiting for what happens next.
Blood covered, book of shadows, and blood drive took several years.

I think i might try modding my pstv since it's cheaper and less of a loss if i brick by accident.

So the zombie game and the hard girls are ok?
I'll probably get hard girls digital and then zombie from amazon hardcopy.

gematsu.com/2017/03/dungeon-travelers-2-2-details-dungeon-travelers-2-save-data-bonus-first-dlc

Doesn't have NEARLY the amount of porn it deserves. Rexx translation never ever.

Doesn't exactly tell me much of the quality of the game there.
Is that an updated release or sequel or something?

I'm curious, how many people here own a PS Vita versus a PSTV?

poal.me/k8dx0d

>pastebin.com/k50p3jww
not having any luck with the maidumptool
I got molecularshell and vitashell working ages ago. maidumptool is installed, but I cant seem to create ux0:mai, and maidumptool didn't create it either.

I have several games that wont work, vpk installed, can boot, but after starting it, it errors and crashes.
Atelier rorona plus and ar nosurge plus
i think there was a way to boot these to fix this issue, but I never got to read the fix myself

you forgot "both"

I guess whatever you play on more, then.

If using FTP to copy files, make sure you've logged in as vita/b0ss or you have basically no write permission. Also make sure unsafe homebrew is enabled in molecularShell.

oh cool that worked

I have both and use both equally, just for different reasons. My Vita has turned into a portable PSO2 player, and I've been surprised by how often I have to use it as such. The Vita TV helps me reduce wear and tear on the Vita (I firmly believe the TV is the reason my Vita's joysticks aren't fucked yet), and it's great for remote play of PS4 games when I can't be in the same room as the PS4. That situation doesn't come up often, but when it does, I'm really fucking glad I splurged on the Vita TV.

hey thanks to those that suggested opencma
got the job done and didnt have to update

Free Theme

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/a-rose-in-the-twilight-playstationvita-theme-1/cid=UP1063-PCSE01046_00-CUSTOM000PSV0003

So OpenCMA is a hack for the official content manager, whereas QCMA is a standalone program?

I'll have to note that. VitaShell probably deserves its own section too.

Sadly seems you can't transfer themes via PS3.

Yes.

I'm nowhere close to finishing the first game's main game. If i get this, it'll just be sitting in shrink wrap for a year.

PSP-wise, pretty much. Can't play anything that requires 3.61 or greater when it comes to Vita games.

I was considering getting it, but it can't play games that I want.

If it's not working in Vita Shell, then try enabling unsafe homebrew in Molecular Shell. Press start while it's open to display the menu. You should be able to make the folder, though. Just uninstall the games and try downloading a mai dump. If you install them via VPK, then you only have one loading option. Mai has different loading modes that you can set.

How am I supposed to play PSX on PSP games? I'm used to having ISOs, not folders with a single EBOOT.PBP or whatever. Where does this go?

Absolutely disgusting

You guys been enjoying Toukiden 2 so far?
I've got to say, I'm actually really enjoying the main storyline here.
I didn't really expect this after all the other "Monster Hunting" games having comparatively weak stories up to now.

Know what does though? Trails of Cold Steel.
I never could get into the battle system of TOCS, but I liked the characters a lot, which makes the porn that much better imo
btw i've added this image into the Vita Wallpaper collection on UltraIMG.

Yeah, it's kinda like DOA in that sense, so it's amusing to me they've collab'd for EV and now for Peach Beach Splash. At least the prices aren't even close to as absurd as DOA5's DLCs.

thanks user

The mitama changes makes all of them viable instead of a handful of types, Demon hand really improves combat and all those other tweaks to the game made love it. Also they actually dumped in more status weapons in the early game and the overworld is surprisingly massive.

Age of Demons and Kiwami were pretty meh, but I'm loving Toukiden 2 more than the recent monster hunter games.

This Vita TV ain't looking to bad right now. Just need to find a cheap one. If only Saga worked, though…

How does the demon hand in toukiden 2 work on the Vita TV?

I heard about it a lot. But I haven't played it. I hear okay word about it though.

Thinking about spending some of my goyimbucks on the Senran Kagura Estival Versus DLC, in particular the character and mission packs. Any advice?

While evidence is anecdotal, what is not is that there are actually at least 2 different models of 64GB Vita memory cards, the Japanese and Korean models. One has slightly more usable data than the other. What isn't shared is which is more likely to fail.

God damn fuck shit. I mean, that's great, but now I gotta offload my vanilla copy and buy this one. Oh well. Small price to pay to not have to deal with SEA PSN cards for the DLC.

Both here too. Actually 2 Vitas and 2 PSTV's, one set for each account I have.

Does the low frame rate really not interfere with the gameplay? The times when MH4U frames dipped a little I lost my shit. Is Toukiden 2 just not nearly as challenging, even for whatever bonus encounters you engage in?

If MH4U's frame dips bothered you, then avoid Toukiden 2 because it's worse at times. I've learned to tolerate it if I enjoy the gameplay (like I did for EDF and Dragon's Dogma before the PC releases) and the only reason I picked up the Vita version over the PS4/Pc version is because my friends play it on the vita.
The oni are more aggressive once you hit the mid game, the problem is the gameplay gives you way more options to deal with oni than you have with monsters in Monster hunter.
Like for example; you can make a DCT/SPC mitama set up with an ABS shot/paralysis rifle. Slap the right Skills in and the Oni is almost completely locked in place for the whole fight if you time shit right. The game gets as hard or as easy as you make it.

I wanna ask about Toukiden, but those are supposed to be group games, right? Aside of which my Mt. Backlog is unreal at this stage.

Going on my wallpaper, thanks user.

Group as in multiplayer? Nah, the other characters are AI controlled partners. Only played a bit of the first though, so can't speak on the second.

Why do monster hunter clones all insist on having AI hunters for single player it's fucking annoying. If I wanted to play with other people I'd play with other fucking people.

Can you at least choose to play without AI partners? I never liked fighting with cats in MH so I just never brought them along.

Uh, Toukiden 2 has cross-play between Vita and PS4.

You could in God Eater I haven't played Toukiden though.

Alright, I redid the poal, and now the option for both is there.
poal.me/xhnzad

Tokyo Xanadu I'll be getting eX+ as well later on.
And maybe Ys VIII I'll be getting the HD ver regardless, but it might be nice to have both versions.

I do have to ask, why some of you own both versions?

tbh, I do kinda want a regular Vita instead of a TVita right now.

Can any kind soul in this thread dump Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for me? Its supposed to work with the PSTV but the dump I found has the tilt control crap from the normal vita. Here's a 2d qt as an offering.

Yeah but it's less tedious bringing my vita over to my friends houses than lugging my PS4 everywhere

Unless you're importing it, don't fucking support YS VIII's localization. Just pirate the PC version if you want english, don't give NISA money to destroy more franchises.

I want to dump something in that cutie

what's wrong with me

I don't WANT to support NISA, but I want to support Falcom and the future of Ys depends on VIII's success over here so…

That's PR. Don't believe for a single instant companies outside the US aren't capable of string-pulling.

At the end of the day, though, I can only advise you go with your own principals.

DONT FUCKING SUPPORT NISA YOU CANCEROUS PIECE OF SHIT
PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON WHY NISA KEEPS FUCKING DESTROYING SHIT
FALCOM IS ALREADY KILLING OFF THEIR SUPPORT OF THE VITA
YS GAMES ARE POPULAR ENOUGH TO GET FAN TRANSLATIONS
YOU SUPPORT YS VIII'S LOCALIZATION WILL ONLY FURTHER DAMAGE MORE GAMES AND MORE FALCOM TITLES
IF YOU ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THE FRANCHISE THEN YOU WON'T BUY THE ENGLISH RELEASE
IF YOU BUY IT YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN THE FUCKERS THAT EAT UP EVERY EA TITLE AND ALL THEIR SEASON PASSES
YOU'D BE NO BETTER THAN SOMEONE WHO DEFENDS DENUVO
YOU'D BE NO BETTER THAN SOMEONE WHO SPENDS THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON MOBILE GAMES OF SERIES THEY ONCE LOVES
THE FUTURE OF YS GAMES IN THE WEST DOESN'T FUCKING DEPEND ON YS' SUCCESS
YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YS VIII FAILED? NISA WOULDN'T PICK IT UP AND ONLY SMALLER LOCALIZATION TEAMS WOULD ENTER A BIDDING WAR FOR IT
NISA ONLY PICKED IT UP BECAUSE THEY SAW THE FANBASE THAT XSEED BUILT UP FOR IT
THEY DON'T GET THE MONEY THEY WANT, THEY'LL JUST MOVE ON TO GRAB SOMETHING ELSE
DON'T FUCKING SUPPORT IT

What is the impossible happens and NISA does a good job?

same
theres nothing wrong with you this is completely healthy straight male behavior
i also want someone to dump the shitty sequel to my childhood series

Not him, user… but the contract was already signed. Even if there wasn't interest in NISA's release (unfortunately, only Holla Forums hates NISA enough to not buy it) the deed is already done.

Also, Falcom have been 100% straight about Ys VIII in particular. They said they were gonna release it in the west this year and nobody believed them -but look what happened. They said Ys VIII's western sales will determine the series future, so I'm gonna take their word for it.

THAT BEING SAID, inevitably enough faggots are gonna buy NISA's release. NOBODY here should feel like they need to buy it to support the series.

What if I were to buy it pre owned?

Full price for Gensou Wander. That's ten bucks above Toukiden 2 and Firis.
What the hell is wrong with these people?

I can't find anything on sadpanda looking up her name, at least not anything in English

am I doing something wrong

i doubt theres anything on sad panda
try danbooru/gelbooru

What? Ys doesn't depend on American success. Barely any games do. Just import it.

(((NISA)))

so there's no doujinshi?

that's kinda disappointing

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF NISA DOES A GOOD JOB OR NOT
THEY STILL GET MONEY TO GO ON AND BUTCHER MORE GAMES
EVERYTIME NISA DOES A "GOOD JOB" AND PEOPLE THEM MONEY, THEY JUST GO ON TO BE EVEN LAZIER AND CRINGE INDUCING WITH EACH SEQUEL OF THE GAME THE HANDLE
LOOK AT THE ATELIER SERIES; EVERY GAME THEY HANDLE GOT PROGRESSIVELY WORSE. WORSE TRANSLATIONS AND MORE BUGS
DON'T FUCKING GIVE THEM A CENT

THAT GIVES YOU EVEN MORE REASON NOT TO SUPPORT IT. IF IT REALLY KILLS THE WEST FOR FALCOM, NISA WON'T BE HANDLING THE SERIES
THIS TOO, THERE IS NOT FUCKING REASON WHY ANYONE HERE SHOULD JUMP ON THE CANCER TRAIN AND GIVE THEM MONEY WHEN NISADRONES WILL BUY IT.
JUST DON'T BUY IT AND TELL PEOPLE THAT ARE INTERESTED BUT NOT SOLD ON IT TO PIRATE IT

DON'T CARE IF YOU BUY IT USED, STEAL IT OR PIRATE IT. JUST DON'T FUCKING BUY IT NEW

ITS FUCKING NISA WHAT DID YOU EXPECT

ALRIGHT MY FUCKING POWER IS GOING OUT FOR AN HOUR.
WHEN I'M GONE, NOBODY BUY ANY NISA PRODUCTS OR ELSE

Well I'm not going to buy it new. What the fuck do you take me for?

I would argue that pursuing it in English at all just sends the message that you're OK with NISA's shit, you just don't want to pay money. The clearer message would be importing it to show that you're willing to pay money, just not to NISA/8-4/Treehouse/any localization company ever.

Here's your threadly reminder that Falcom's online store takes international orders, and they've got English support. Import it and say you wish they hadn't gone with NISA. Perfect solution if you want to support the series.

NEVERMIND POWER COMPANY CANCELLED THE TEMPORARY BLACK OUT

THAT'S GOOD
IT MEANS YOU ARE NOT A PIECE OF SHIT

I agree, it's still important to divert sales regardless. I've already imported it, the game is piss easy to play even if you don't know jap. You're only missing out on the story which if you're are playing a NISA localization you might aswell just fucking play it in a language you don't know because it will have the same effect

I'm probably gonna do that for PS4 release.

Do you guys know if both 999 and Virtue's Last Reward are both on cart on The Nonary Games?

Keep on fighting the good fight against (((NISA,))) autismo-kun. I salute you.

pictures are good enough

One day I'm gonna snap and wipe every NISA employee off the face of the earth then actively hunt down anyone who supported them.
The autistic rage will consume me.

From what I've heard they're both on the cart.

Yes they include both games on one cart

It's an OC character from an artist on pixiv.

Thanks a lot guys. Didn't want to open my copy before I knew for sure.

Jesus, okay, I'm sorry, I won't buy Ys VIII in English new.

Wait, what? It's out already? Cool.
I got ZTD with the watch that was fun, Amazon on a whim and TNG will fill my trilogy in one shot… I'll snag a copy when I get the chance.

Main reason for me is big screen games are more comfy, and also less wear on the little handheld that could, but didn't.

I use my regular vita for my US psn account and my TV vita for my japanese account. I'm too lazy to manually switch accounts constantly and the TV vita was only 20 bucks.

Just got it from Amazon Canada yesterday. After opening it and loading the game up I can confirm that both games are included as well. Still waiting on Toukiden 2. Amazon is terrible sometimes but the 20% off is no joke.

My vision is shit and many Vita games utilize some bad font style choices that are too small for me to read after an hour. Neptunia is especially guilty of this. I also got one as a failsafe if I ever do feel like participating in piracy.

It took amazon.ca 2 weeks after release for them to ship my copy of Atelier Firis even though I live less than 2 hours away from where they ship their stuff.

To be fair, the watch fuckup was not Amazon's fault, but the way they provided the 'fix' (create a $500 item with a special discount code) fucked many due to import taxes on that flat $500 value.
I didn't have that problem thanks to my based courier, though.

The 20% off with prime is pretty neat and I got several games with that. Since I get stuff shipped all the way down to south america, one or two more days doesn't mean much to me.

That seems to be the situation I'm in now. Still, you got $16 CAD off a $80 CAD game which is pretty good. I know Amazon Prime costs money, but if you buy enough games in a year it becomes a good deal. I'm on Amazon student so its a straight discount for me. Biggest problem with Jap games is they seem to just go out of stock and the price doesn't actually drop much.

Its good that it worked out for you. That does seem like a weird fix, they couldn't create a entry that you could only buy with a discount code?

ZTD was cool because they shipped it late but gave me $10 refund. That was on top of the 20% E3 discount they had. Stuff like this is why I like buying from Amazon, they definitely aren't perfect, but they do make things right if shit doesn't go properly. Sometimes you have to complain though.

If Ys VIII were to do well out here (in sales, I mean; I'm fully expecting NISA to fuck the dog on it), chances are Falcom will just stick to using NISA in the future.

I do hope the Vita starts to see more of a fan-translation (or in some cases, retranslation) effort in the future. As of now, I think all it's got has been a retranslation of Neptunia Rebirth 3 (which was initially made for the PC version and then forked for Vita, or something) and one still in the works for Rebirth 2.

Then good for that game; buy it preowned. NISA has proven unwilling to learn a damn thing; even if they were to do a good job for once and the game sold better than normal because of it, they seem to not be able to make the connection that proper translations, better bugtesting/fixing, no censorship, and no memes makes for more profit, and are content to be just as shit as they are on average. Hell, while I suppose it's debatable as to whether they were "good" in the past, if anything they seem like a company that has just gotten worse and worse as time has gone on, rather than better.

They at least don't get money from you that way. Same with pirating their shit where possible. Buying new, or buying digitally, they do get your money directly.

Some companies seem to act like their games are worth more than ones by other companies. Atlus seems prone to that (though they do seem prone to including extras every so often with first prints, which can somewhat make up for it), and if I remember, Square used to charge above the average price back during sixth gen with GBA games. I could be wrong though.

Could always try using iqdb if you're trying to source Japanese made images. They usually also include options to send the image to some other imagesource sites if you're not getting the results you want.

I kind of want to see someone do some sort of Hatred style game along those lines. Maybe include a bunch of different companies as options as texture packs, or whatever.

How many Vita games are like that? Being a bundle with all the games on one cartridge (as opposed to one being physical and including a download voucher for another), I mean. I know Yomawari does that with The Firefly Diaries, but I haven't really heard of any others.

On a related note, turns out that unopened Yomawari I saw or $25 was the Collector's Edition, at least according to some images I've seen online. Still not sure why the outer box looks so different between that one (which looks like official Vita game cover art but at a larger size) and the image shown on, say, Amazon (which seems to be a custom art for the box).

Geez. I don't think I've ever quite had something that annoying happen, but there's times when something has been shipping from really close buy (if not directly instate) and it's still taken the full estimated time to arrive, as if Amazon wanted to hold true to that time frame despite being such a short distance.

Out of curiosity, how bad is the local market for games down there? I mean, I don't expect that companies make as big an effort to ship games directly to stores there (aside from maybe SPOATS shit, as I've heard South America was part of why companies kept doing PS2 soccer games for years after the PS2 was no longer current), but do you guys even have all that many video games stores, how horrible are the prices etc?

The reason why the Yomawari CE looked like the regular box art is because that's the slip cover for the box.

Oh yeah, I also got $10 and didn't even have to ask for it. Automatically credited due to the watch mishap.

They're not that bad here (land of piracy, PY here). But many stores here get Brazilian copies (made at Manaus) with BR ratings and I don't like those (it's faster to get these than any US shipments, after all). Nier Automata's BR disc version for some reason has something wrong and can't be updated - BRs are understandably mad, but Sony DADC made a statement and agreed to replace any problematic copies. Still sucks, though.

Companies don't give a shit about this area, honestly. It's up to the local stores to order stuff from major distributors. Technically, US copies of PS4/PS3/Vita games are for the whole Americas region, and they almost always include the little legalese blurbs in the box both in English and Spanish (also French).
Local prices for games aren't that bad. An absolutely new game, let's say Horizon - right now goes for about 63~65 US bucks in local currency. This is at the 'big' local stores that order big shipments and have access to distributor networks. These dedicated game stores around carry mostly casual and AAA games, and maybe one or two copies of more 'offbeat' games such as Akiba Strip or Danganronpa. Accessories and controllers are noticeably more expensive and I can almost always find better prices at Amazon sales.
20% prime discount is a big advantage for me, and waiting + the small freight cost is still more convenient.

If an item reaches its US destination, I normally get it in 3~5 days from then. It's not slow at all, and freight cost is by weight. For a simple PS4 game in a bubble-wrapped container I pay less than $2.

Used market is also popular. Many players sell their old games on Facebook groups and whatnot. I don't like selling my old games, but I do snag nice sales every now and then. It's usually your typical AAA game up on sale (or sports. SO MANY sports games).

PS2 is still strong at many places, but flashed/ODE'd PS3s are also popular.

Huh, wasn't aware it also had a slip cover around it, probably since when I was doing my initial check of "what exactly am I looking at", stuff like that Amazon image don't show a separate thing around the box. Good to know.

I see, thanks for the information. Always interesting to hear what the status of vidya is in other regions.

Does DLC ripped by MaiDumpTool work with someone else's rip of the game? If so here's 2 bits of the GGDP DLC: ribbons and cutting board. Actually I lied. The latter is just an INI file like on the PC version, so it's altered to add the other 2 buyable items as well (yes, including that one). For patched European cartridge version.

this thread keeps making me want to fuck cute girls

Oh thank fucking god. Far as I can see, a clean format and reinstall cleared up all my boot and slowdown issues. Pain in the ass to redownload everything, but I'd much rather the clean downloads, anyway. PSPlus memory backups actually work damned nice, too. No more fears about the massive DT2 file I had falling to complete corruption.

Monster Monpiece and Unchained Blades as soon as I'm done putting everything back in order (UB is the 3DS version, not the PSP one)

To make my DT2-2 order. Too many things have jumped in my way in the meantime.

Ys Seven since it's on sale. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen while I'm at it.

how come those girls are upside down

Yeah, all the different boosts the Mitama have keeps it all pretty fresh. I'm still looking for one that has a big focus on Demon Hand stuff, but they all only seem to have just one or sometimes two demon-hand-related boosts.

you should give the demo a try then user. It's fun.

I'm actuallly playing it on PS4, so it's just a 30FPS lock. I've only seen a very few frame dips here and there, that knocked it to MAYBE 25 frames for a few seconds before picking back up to 30. Those frame drops aren't super common on my end.
But like says, the game is as hard or easy as you make it. Taking only 1 NPC into battle with you as opposed to 3 or 4 makes a surprising difference in the difficulty alone. You'd be a masochist to try solo-hunting though, unless you had a sick-ass mitama setup perhaps. But even then, the speed at which Oni can regenerate the parts you break off is quite fast when you're their only target.

Well, it's more fun if you got some anons or friends to slay oni with, but I've been playing completely solo since I picked it up and I'm loving it.

you make that sound like a bad thing

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it seems like every time someone posts about what they're currently playing they also post a new cute girl I want to fuck

what I'm searching for probably does lie beyond that staff

Like this?

A testament to all the cute girls on Vita, and to 8ch's love of cute girls in general.

Just one game in this case and already my solid vote for best game of the year

Indeed it does.

PSN spoofing is back for now, use it while you can henkaku.xyz/changes/

Indeed so.

I think I need to pick up Super Robot Wars V now.

hnnnnnng. The girls and CG look amazing but to be honest all the gameplay stuff I've heard about sounds like a bother, aside from "licking" the pink fluid off of their bodies. Good god just saying that sentence excites me though… I won't be getting it at launch since I still have a ton of DRPG's in my backlog, it'd be nice if it goes down in price or doesn't go out of stock too quickly. Here's hoping it becomes a Trillion or Aegis of Earth instead of a Dungeon Travelers 2 type of situation.

Im looking forward to Cold Steel 3 since it'll be on a platform I actually own

Yes, yes you do.

Is that the one where it hints that you need someone who can understand Tenkos? If so then you need Kamuna in your party.

Deleted the post because I figured it out almost immediately after posting.

But yeah, it's Kamuna that you need to have in your party, since he can "speak" Tenko.

You owe it to yourself to. SRW V is, as I've probably said already, so good that I'm convinced nothing better will come out for at least the rest of the year.

What's the likelihood that it goes on sale this year?

As in a price drop? Hard to say for sure, but considering it came out in February, you might see it a little cheaper by the end of the year I guess.

Though if it's cheap Vita games you want, Gundam Breaker 3 is getting a "Welcome Price!!" rerelease in two days:

amazon.co.jp/dp/B06XBW18R3/ref=pd_lutyp_wsim_3_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06XBW18R3&pd_rd_r=806KCT22NRVF5JZQ419K&pd_rd_w=dKMUM&pd_rd_wg=jQgmt&psc=1&refRID=806KCT22NRVF5JZQ419K

On the fence about that, since it's not the english version, but I appreciate the heads up. Do those come with any different packaging?

The package itself looks different, since it has the "Welcome Price!!" thing on the front, making the cover art smaller, but I've no idea what if anything else is different, since it doesn't come out for another couple days.

DT2-2 Opening Movie

Newest henkaku version can spoof 3.63. Time for people to dump the last few months worth of games.

You mean it can outright fake the system having above 3.60? Would that allow for playing cart based games that require above that without needing to update as well, or is it more useful for digitally dumped game files?

No, that's not how it works.

Yeah, I was thinking it was like those "The best" versions of games that have different packaging. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

It only means you can access PSN from the Vita, without needing that PS3 workaround. It does _not_ remove the firmware requirements from games.

キタ━━━━━━(゜∀゜)━━━━━━ッ!!

Ah, well, good to know regardless. Thanks for the clarification.

Downside, tho: don't see Sting credited for any development. Guess they didn't help with this one. Shame.

Why must people always want to hurt poor yukkuris?

Dungeon Travelers 2-2 Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth and White Album 2 collaboration DLC announced
archive.is/gh0Nj

Romancing SaGa 3 Getting a Remastered Release on PlayStation Vita… and Smartphones
dualshockers.com/2017/03/28/romancing-saga-3-remastered/

So how come xseed isn't getting more of these games? They still got the most superior one so far.

Fix'd.

Also, nab photo kano and reco love while you can before it artificially bloats.

archive.is/tWYI0

Free Theme #2

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/a-rose-in-the-twilight-playstationvita-theme-2/cid=UP1063-PCSE01046_00-CUSTOM000PSV0004

checked
Still meaning to pick this one up, looks pretty fun. My hands are full with Toukiden 2 though.

You make a good point though. NISA has released several of the touhou fan games and they almost all look pretty shitty, while the one XSEED released looks pretty fucking good.

What the hell!?

you didn't hear user? NISA is localizing Ys VIII instead of XSEED for whatever fucking reason.

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE BUY IT

Because they're too fucking small.

Apparently classes are the same but seems like now you can change costumes.

Where's the baker? Make it DT2-2 related.

here, i got work pretty soon though. The other user may have to make the thread this time. Then again, it'll be a good long while before the thread even falls to page six, let alone the bottom of the catalog.

Holy shit we're at the limit. Goddamn.

I know, it's amazing. These threads have been zooming by. It's nice to see life come back to these threads

Piratefags have to go back tho

i dont mind them. But I kind of feel bad I can't answer any CFW/Homebrew-related questions.

New thread here lads, gonna start numbering now for shits n' giggles: