Hey, Holla Forums. Watcha playin?

∧,,∧           ∧,,∧ (´・ω・`)          (´・ω・`) ( つ V I D Y A G A M E S ⊂ ) しー-J  T H R E A D  しー-J

It's been a while.

Other urls found in this thread:

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Nakk_(Final_Fantasy_V)
battle.net/recruit/BNQH6KDB8BI'm
youtube.com/watch?v=nqFuA0iJ0XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JuKhggFtgEk
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048239194
psemulator.org/
docs.google.com/document/d/1ZMx1NUylVZCXJNRyhkuVWT0eUKSVYu0JXsU-y3f93BY/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HL3

I grabbed Homefront Revolution out of curiosity. It's a fun time waster, but I would never pay money for it.

Final Fantasy 5, Final Fantasy Adventure, and Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus. Also Grandia, but I haven't touched it in weeks. I got to the boat, but I'm just not feeling it. I'm sure it gets good later, but so far it just seems like a game I don't really wanna invest a whole lot of time into right now.

I really just wanna pick one game and stick with it for a while, but since I beat Sonic Adventure 2 a few weeks ago, I just haven't been able to decide what I wanna play.

I played Toukiden Kiwami for about an hour and couldn't get into it. Back to MHXX I guess.

Even though it came out in 2015 this is my GOTY right now. The soundtrack is fantastic, despite the world size theres so much to do, the boss fights are hype as fuck, combat feels so good despite which style or character you're playing as, characters are genuinely memorable, side quests ooze with personality from slapstick humor to great drama. I fucking love this game, its the best title on the PS4 and justified my purchase.

Despite being published by EA its surprisingly enjoyable. More well optimized than DOOM 2016 and consistently runs great, one of the few western AAA games with actual boss fights or even personality, controls great and with wall running its one of the few games where going slow and aiming down the sights is actually discouraged, levels are well designed, its goes on sale for less than $30 so if you're interested its worth a look.

Nice try, CIA. It isn't out yet because you're holding Gabe Newell prisoner to try and extract my Steam account details.

Rainbow six Siege
Nier automata
Katamari damacy

Yup. I actually had a good streak going of focusing on one game at a time for a while there (Nier->Talos Principle->Gravity Rush 2->Nioh->NieR: Automata->Zelda: BotW), but not sure what I want to play right now. I guess I can keep playing Monster Hunter, but I also really want to clean out my backlog a bit now that releases are slowing down a bit.

INSIDE

It's a short artfag platformer.
4 hours or so.
I liked it.

I have been playing Breath of the Wild on the shitty emulator. It seems fun but I don't know how much mileage I'll be able to get out of it. I have come across a few puzzles that were interesting. There's this one with a conveyor belt that is suspended above a platform. The platform and the conveyor belt are both unreachable, and you have to find a way to get a sphere that is riding on the belt onto the platform below so it will fit into a groove that will open the door. The physics are broken in the emulator, so that means you can't use the magnetism power to make metallic objects move around, but since the sphere will roll upon collision, you can simply shoot it with a well placed arrow to get it to drop onto the platform. There are two rooms like this. The second room has a conveyor belt with enemies on top that shoot lasers at you. The third room has two conveyor belts adjacent to one another, one of which is connected to the platform that you begin on. The conveyor belt that is a part of your platform moves against your stride, and it's guarded by concentrated laser beams. The second conveyor belt moves in the opposite direction and is transporting large square blocks of rock. You're supposed to time your movements so that the blocks will shield you from the laser beams, but this only works for the first beam, because its housing is located on the other side of the platform; the second beam's housing is on your side, and there are three beams in total. There is a sphere that starts on your platform. You have to find a way to get past the beams with the sphere and place it into its groove so that you can open the door.

I don't know how you're supposed to do it, but I've got a strategy; I'm going to take the ball, throw it to the farthest conveyor platform, then quickly do a shield surf and jump across, pick up the ball, and then navigate around the blocks so I don't get hit by the lasers, and finally throw the ball so it lands in its groove. It sounds easy on paper, but I'm going to need to practice a bit to get it down. I get the feeling that you're supposed to use some special item to do this puzzle, but who fucking cares.

For me since September it's been Chrono Trigger->Final Fantasy 7->Kingdom Hearts->KH Re:CoM-(DROPPED)->KH2->FF6->FFX->Sonic Adventure 2->Hylics and now I'm at a loss. It's really driving me nuts, I just want a game that I can lose myself in for long periods of time that also isn't 50+ hours.

nothing

Thanks for your input faggot

Why? It was just above walking sim tier.

Right now I really want a good turn-based RPG I think. I finally opened the copy of World of Final Fantasy that I'd bought a few months back and popped it in my Vita… waiting for the updates and shit to install, then I'm gonna see if it grabs me at all. At least Persona 5 should definitely grab me once that drops.

Maybe I should tackle my copy of Dungeon Travelers 2 or Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth if WoFF doesn't look like it'll tide me over.

That's true.

I wanted to see what would happen next and where it would lead.

It wasn't boring for me, even if it was dead easy.

I liked that no word was spoken and yet I told a story, somehow.

Hard to blame you since it is bland, but in Homefront's defense it had a troubled development cycle, almost feels like part of the Free Radical curse since Haze. Homefromt 2 going to be linear but with occasional expansive environments but had ambitions of being an open world Half Life 2, when the studio was known as Crytek UK they wouldnt be paid for months and Crytek is still doing this to their other studios so Deep Silver had to step in and save them, 4 player story co-op from E3 2014 footage was scrapped, you would find weapons in vents originally, you would actually have a reason to throw bricks at cameras since it didnt seem to be entire gun focused, and much more like the removal of a serial killer sidequest due to time constraints, though the journals are still present in the game.

At least they patched the fuck out of it.

but the story wasn't very spectacular. I mean it's just ayyliums but not, and then you become a blob and die on a hill the end.

Last game I played was Zelda Breath of the Wild. Pirated it & played it on a softmodded Wii U.

It was fun. Quite a timesink. Although, I wish the four main dungeons had more content & were differently themed. The rain was annoying. Big guardians were underwhelming once you learn to parry them. Most satisfying fights are Molduga & the Lynels. Stablemaids are cute. Solving riddles to find shrines was fun. Shrine puzzles were fun, but most were too easy. Shrine combat tests were fun at first but repeated far too often. Some of the music is nice like in Hyrule Castle & in the Labyrinths. Environmental hazards like lightening are neat. Cooking system had some annoying RNG with critical successes; also made me hungry. Hyrule Compendium was handy & added some tism to the game in the form of obsessively photographing every newly-encountered thing. Stasis was neat. Magnesis was neat. Cryonis was meh. The story was forgettable like most Zelda games.

finished witcher 3 yesterday and started first DLC

otherwise Total War Attila, Chivalry MW, Crusader Kings 2, maybe TF2 to mic/spam DJ on my regular server.

Just spent the last five hours playing Toukiden 2. Holly shit its fun and I'm hooked. Need to get some sleep been awhile sense a game has lead top me losing track of time.

Trying to remember to breathe but it is hard. Also playing Path of Exile.

user, spoiler that shit.

Yes it wasn't spectacular, but it was different and interesting.

No grind, no drown out quests, no gameplay interruption, just 4 hours of platforming and an ending.

Like a short story.
Why not?

Mutants and robot jews in space: everything is expensive edition
I'm on land 2 and Gene is one hit killing everything
rape beetles still wipe me if I take more than one turn doing it

I didn't find it very different nor interesting. But I guess there isn't much it does wrong.

Already got a laugh out of me, which is more than I can say for Toukiden Kiwami.

I tried the Toukiden 2 demo yesterday, I thought it was alright so I decided to try and cross Kiwami off my backlog. Holy hell that game is sluggish, and not in the Monster Hunter way but in the "it feels bad to play" way. I might try out the rest of the demo and if it draws me in better I guess I might pick it up on sale for Vita.

Having a lot more fun with it than I thought, though I haven't gotten far yet. Pretty excited a sequel is coming now
The first goddamn thing I end up finding in digivolution was of course a Renamon

It's alright, not as lewd as I expected. I'll probably enjoy the game a lot more once I unlock manpu

Also got the first Atelier Dusk, hopefully I'll have time to try it out this weekend

I like They Shall Not Pass.

I know people love to give Battlefield 1 shit because the French and Russians weren't part of the base game and the base game focused on the ass end of the war, but them having their own DLCs means they get to be the focus of more content which in my eyes is just as important.

still waiting for Nier Automata to get patched

Lately I've been playing a game called Tiger Knight Something War. It's a pretty neat game that me and a friend have recently started playing together because it tides us over till the wait for bannerlord is finally over.

The game is pretty funky, you can design your own commander loadout based upon the weapons/Armor you unlock from upgrading your soldiers, and the combat mechanics are fairly simular to mount and blade. It does have a certain Chinese bootleg feel to it, and it can be quite buggy and with shitty servers, but other than that it's a very solid game that I'd happily shill for and recommend if you enjoy mount and blade

Well, fine with me.

I'll finish fire emblem awakening next.

Nier: Automata
Breath of the Wild
Rainbow Six: Siege
Toukiden 2 PC
Dark Souls 3 DLC
Persona 5 maybe

Games are good in 2017. Contrarians can continue griping about how games suck instead of playing them.

Finished OOT for the first time, attempting Majoras Mask now.

I just finished Metro Last Light. It's much better than 2033. I'm not sure if I like the theme of scary gritty post apocalyptic world full of meanies, but for some reason I want more. I was thinking of playing some of the STALKER games I haven't yet tried. It's weird.

How cancerous are randoms?
Is playing with a group mandatory?

Replaying KOTOR 2 for the first time since it came out, going light male first, then dark female for a second playthrough.

Played Banished on/off a-bit for the first time, it was okay. Felt like I'd built everything really quickly and other than expansion there wasn't really anything else to do.

Kinda jaded on games atm, any anons got any good suggestions? I'm trying to work up the energy to start Arcanum or Underrail.

Hope you mean the first half of the game, before it devolves into a glorified "follow" mission with a shitty forced moral dilemma.
fucking baby dark one, the fuck were they thinking

I personally like button mashers so I'm having fun so far. Camera controls aren't as bad as people say when you get used to it. I love the feeling of plowing through hundreds of mobs when you're just this one guy with his dragon. Flight missions are really good and I wouldn't mind if the whole game was just this honestly. Trying to get all endings so I'm pacing myself with the game or I'd get burned out.

also been playing SK:Shinovi Versus and it's alright

Saw it being recommended awhile back in a thread and I finally decided to check it out. Holy fuck is it surprisingly good. Tons of armor and weapons to customize your gladiator with, A bunch of different skills to shake up your moveset all the time, you can knock off opponents armor/weapons in battle and use it for yourself, you can dual wield anything including shields and the more entertaining you make the fight for the crowds; the more rewards you get.

Just started, huge improvement over the first games and fixed a bunch of the problems. The openworld aspect works pretty well and the new fight mechanics really give you a lot of freedom. You can really tell the devs listened to the complaints and worked to not be such a blatant attempt at a monster hunter cash grab. My only gripe is the early game oni aren't nearly as aggressive as the monster in monster hunter.

I hardly ever play with a group and the people I get on PC are generally alright in the casual mode and in the ranked mode (around platinum). If you want to win, get a group. Most dudes are pretty chill, just tell any tryhard faggots to fuck off.

I disagree entirely. 2033 was much more subdued when tackling the issues of humanity and the identity of the Dark Ones. Last Light is like an action film with tits, aliens, non-stop action and explosions with no thought-provoking questions about the role of humanity in a post-apocalyptic world.

It's a shitty Chinese MMO.
I only play it because it has a beautiful landscape that I can roam from place to place to be an angler.
That was the only reason I ever played MMO, like Aura Kingdom, FFXIV or BDO.
I heard that you can turn Skyrim into a hunting and fishing simulator too but I have no idea how.

Cheers, user.

I used to think this game was crazy hard but after replaying through the first 2 worlds so far I realize now it just has a shit load of little annoyances that make the game unfair if you don't know how to avoid them

yea I know, I needed something to kill time fuck you
Good reminder of why mobile gaming is shit
pic related

Recently beat Four Goddesses Online.
Pros
- fast, fluid combat for a budget game and has just enough depth to stop it from becoming a button masher.
- rock solid 60 fps.
- each girl's combat feels unique, even ones that share several skills
- break gauge system makes the player have to think about party composition before going after some of the tougher bosses
- stylized art brings out the cuteness of the Nep world.

Cons
- fairly buggy, but most are minor.
- high INT characters are overpowered. STR based characters can take more than twice as long to beat the same boss.
- AI party members tend to be fairly useless, but a recent patch at least made them passable as healers
- graphics lack detail to the point that that the game could likely run at a solid 30 fps or higher on the Vita.
- drop rates on some endgame upgrade materials are MMO tier.
- certain characters' movesets are objectively better than others. Example: Nepgear's spells can be strung together infinitely with no recovery period once you get the timing down and Uni is a fucking grammaton cleric, but Rom and Ram's moves don't combo well into each other and have long recovery periods.

Lisa the pointless, wish that the next part was already out.
Pro/con: Hard as balls

Yeah without a doubt. Everything about that game combat felt underwhelming, a ton of mundane busywork that breaks the pacing if you want to stay on top of upgrades and that is not to mention the constant load screens and generic quest you had to do just to progress the story. Its not bad once you figure out how to get the most out of your weapons and combine it with the right Mitama skills but Sluggish is a good way of describing Kiwami. It just didn't have the right kind of haptic feedback.

Toukiden 2 somehow fixes everything with the original and also has well designed open maps that removes load times and the new grappling mechanic feels good. What I am also sorta supersized by is the quality of the storytelling and I don't give a fuck about stories. Even thought its similar to the original revolving around the same events the way the story is unfolding feels more like a traditional JPRG instead of a info dump that was just prohibiting you from fighting the next boss. It all unfolds much more naturally and it genuenly nice to see a sequel that is better then the original.

yeah, I noticed they really toned down the health of the Oni in 2 which makes it much easier but they make up for it with more numbers of enemies on the battlefield. (spoiler) Having to hunt down the beast luring the children and fighting Manhunter with a Onuhouko at the same time in the first chapter was exciting

2033 was not like that at all. It was just boringer.

I got Hollow Knight but I don't have a gamepad at the moment so I'm very upset.

Gmod. Making shitty videos.

Nier Automata: It's Nier with a good combat system and that makes it one of the best games in recent memory

Breath of the Wild: A solid 7 out of 10, The game is wildy overrated. Darksiders did it better.

I got a Dreamcast recently and now I have a massive back log since it's piss easy to pirate games for it.

CDDA.
Got bored of my bionic juggernaut and detonated a C4 standing on a pile of burning fursuits. It survived for a couple turns after.
It turns out they added a ghetto crossbow (based on the Skane design) that is easier to craft than the regular crossbow and more importantly doesn't require lucking out a fucking book. Made a new lumberjack to try it out. The problem is, the range is shit. If you land a headshot from maximum range with metal bolts, you may or may not be able to reload and kill a greenie with a second headshot before needing to pull from melee range. Bone bolts just don't have enough punch to justify it. And at archery 3, which is needed for metal bolts, you can just craft a longbow with mods and arrows, no book needed, and destroy zeds at triple the range. Crossbow fans fucked again and forever.

I've been playing Shadow of Mordor on the PC recently. I've been killed a couple of times already by measly orc captains and watched their ranks go from 5 to 15 in a short amount of time.How fucked am i?

"Man, Minecraft and Terraria are the only relatively good sandbox building games that didn't fuck it up with static world terrain. Conan Exiles, ARK, etc all have the same issue, which is that you can build things on top of the world, but you can't modify the world itself. FortressCraft and MineTest would be great alternatives if they weren't so underdeveloped and devoid of features, and even the best modder for those just don't come close…"

If you want to build a nice little world for other players to try and enjoy, Minecraft and Terraria are the only two that are suitable for the task. Medieval Engineers could be good if it wasn't so barebones and had a much bigger modding scene.

As long as they're not immune to caragors and/or armored you'll be fine.

Just got to Core City in Underrail.
I like the game so far although I do wonder why thought control isn't a speech option as apposed to intimidation and persuasion

Guilty Gear Xrd. My hands are getting less retarded, I can do what I'm trying to do almost two thirds of the time now. I can't get over how pretty it is, or how I'm having more fun sitting in training mode working on my execution than I've had with almost any other game released in the last five years.

I've been missing out on the first Quake for a shit ton of time, and now I regret never playing it.

Holy shit, it's so fucking cool. I never had so much fun from the time I first checked out DOOM. Shamblers scared me more than any enemy in actual horror games, and I realized how much of a shitty meme "You get scared of enemies if you don't see them :^)" is.

Every game that Holla Forums recommends me turns out to be fucking great. You guys have amazing taste in video games. Unless you are one of the fags that think Uncharted is good, then you have an absolutely shit taste

I only recommend Uncharted for jewtube movie watching with your vidya-ignorant family, Satan Trips.

(checked)
Why wouldn't I just watch… you know… an actual movie with them?

Then you get funny questions like "this movie is kinda long" or "Isn't this one of your PS2 games?" then the finale of "This would have been better as a movie" final nail in the coffin for those hacks in Naughty Dog making movie games.

Been playing GTA IV and We Love Katamari, but mostly been using my free time to gamedev

Watch dogs, its bretty comfy and fun and strong idependant womyn died as a retarded betrayer whore

i already broke 3 chairs this way
but I just can't NOT to swing in a chair
fuck

Completed Conker's Bad Fur Day.
Are there any games with the same kind of humor, and gameplay?
Can't seem to find any.

Yesterday I played Of Guards and Thieves with a group of 9 friends and had a shitload of fun
I was crying from laughing too much
9/10 game

been playing skull girls, FO:NV and stellaris
fucking stellaris is weird on me but im loving the fact that im wholly concentrating on the game and risk/problem solving + purging xenos is fun as fuck

any1 know of similiar games like stellaris? im fairly certain other 4x or gran strat games could stratch the same itch

The Stick of Truth

Since Sega never released another console, dreamcast online and game releasing is still active, don't forget it

Already played that, but thanks for the recommendation fam

I finished 3 routes in SaGa Frontier. I've begun Emelia now.

stick with FF5, it's easily the best of the bunch.

Been playing .hack//IMOQ. Pretty decent so far, but I do wish that the other people in your contact list would level up a bit more reasonably on their own. Gets a bit annoying when the next dungeon you're supposed to do is a solid 6-7 levels higher than the other characters you're grouping for it with are, meaning you probably need to go run a field or three before they're more up to par to survive it. I am impressed with Natsume gaining five levels on her own since I met her, though I'm not sure why I need a second Twin Blade when I'm already controlling one as the player (and one that can fix corrupted enemies at that).

Also started on Mother 3, as I found a cheap repro cart patched with the fan-translation a while back. Initially just wanted to test it out and make sure it was in working order, what the patch version number was (v1.2, seems up to date with the latest fixes), and wound up clearing the whole first chapter. Thinking I might want to give Mother and Earthbound a go first before devoting more time to it, since I'm aware there's a sort of chronology and they might be the sort of games that are hard to go back to after acclimating to more recent entries.

Beware, the localization for World of FF was pretty fucked around with. Think I've heard that gameplay-wise though it was still fun.

What all have you played/liked, and what systems in particular do you have access to? Maybe I or some other user can give suggestions.

Been playing Reflex and even though this game is basically just q3cpm, it is criminally underrated. Even though I'm not super great it's awesome just to see myself improve every little bit. Shenanigans like slapping some dude with a wrench and dunking faggots with air rockets is insanely satisfying. Finding a match is pretty easy, and I'm finding more and more people on my skill level who want to play regularly. I also see a lot of beginners who have never played a game like this before and are really interested in figuring it out. Getting modes that aren't exclusively 1v1 is actually not impossible either.

(checked)
Once you're done with the main levels, you should definitely check out the Arcane Dimensions mod. If you're not already using it then you're going to need to get the Quakespasm sourceport (and I highly recommend turning off that ugly texture filtering by setting gl_texturemode 1). It has absolutely top-tier level design, beautiful environments/atmosphere, and fixes all of the problems I had with original Quake. It adds new enemy variants, new enemies, a few new weapons (tri-barreled shotgun, plasma launcher, an axe that gibs corpses), makes hitscan weapons (shotguns) shoot visible projectiles instead, has some destructable environment bits, etc.

Nier automata

I've been playing Brandish for PSP, it's really cool, gives me the same feel of exploration like in Etrian Odyssey.

And just like Etrian, it's bent on kicking shit in. Those fucking Headless.

I'll play iji after that, that update looks worth a replay(x5).

Hopefully you report in to a PSP thread in the future; could use someone that's played and liked it to help write a blurb for it so it can be properly added to the PSP games image.

I like how there's not really an "inn" where you can just keep resting after every fight. It makes every battle much more memorable, because you can never stop paying attention and thinking about your next move.

Finished up Nier Automata late last night, now I'm doing some factorio. Made a local save of a game me and my friend are playing. It's the first time I've played with mods, let alone so many of them. This is fucking spaghetti.

Fun, 2B a cute, almost done with second playthrough.

Makes me want to gamedev again. It's fun and challenging enough. The music and atmosphere are good - clearly Souls inspired but not obnoxiously so. Lots of nice little touches and optional content.

The core gameplay is fun when it gets going but the story is a mess and everything is so linear for so long that by the time you can actually explore you don't want to. I think Lightning herself is fine and was the only one who didn't want to stand around being a whiny faggot.

Pretty fun sandbox but definitely not very ready yet. There's also some weird effects that are counter intuitive. For example: algae oxygen generators require water. Algae thrives underwater. But if you build one underwater it sucks up thousands of litres like a magical sponge.

Charging for mod support is kikery. 'Difficulty' got added by adding even more tedious enemies and bosses, with the new optional last boss just being a random clusterfuck that can cause unavoidable damage if you get bad luck with his transformations. Embarrassingly bad last addition to the game.

Fun assembly autism.

Shit's gonna kick into top gear on the third one.

i finished Kona on sunday, it was a neat little adventure/mystery game. pirated it of course. as neat as it is, its not worth 20 dollars.

also occasionally jumping into Let It Die for some grinding and Expeditions. its pretty neat but i've already done everything and im kinda tired of chasing Kawasaki for his store of rare metals.

dont really know what to play now, im waiting on persona 5 to come out, on Nier to get cracked, and on the meme zelda game to work on CEMU.

Looking forward to it user.

i've been playing rimworld a lot lately, it's the only thing that can really keep my interest due to how much freedom i have in it. i'd be talking about dorf fort if i could stomach the controls and lack of intuitiveness
i'm running with a mod that puts medieval items and factions in the game although modern weapons are still in and i've been having fun
made a base, started farming and hunting, researching all the medieval shit
eventually an alien ship landed in the middle of the map though, any caravan that passed us got killed because of it, and we couldn't hunt or expand (and our farms weren't big enough to support us)
so i used half of my people as a diversion, while the others formed a caravan and moved
so now i'm sort of starting all over again with only two people

Just finished Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines for the second time and I'm realising how disappointing the endings are. No matter what path you take during the game you bottleneck to the same point with a slightly different cut scene.

And it's not nearly as open world as it ought to be, nowhere near as many quests as it deserves.

Dick sucking simulator.

Also played Fallout New Vegas: Dust Survival mod.
I like it, I really do. But there is far too many tunnellers and their perception is broken, if you crouch you go from [CAUTION] to [DANGER].
Enemies have unlimited ammo, invisible walls become infuriating death traps thanks to tunnellers, no fast travel just makes the trek across the map long and mostly boring, significantly less quests now which takes a lot of the games fun out.
But other than that I'm loving everything else about the mod, would still recommend downloading it. But remember the 'tcl' command because invisible walls on an easily climbable mountain is bullshit.

nothing but porn games.
One is a fan made SMT with a little pron on the side

Checking the latest version of TerraTech.

It's still mostly the same massive let-down of missed potential that it was when I last played it months/years ago, only with more things added.

There's now a new company with black components and their parts make basically everything else obsolete other than a few select things. Also some of the crafting stuff has been improved, you no longer need to supply the correct items to craft the correct thing, instead you tell the assembler what you want to craft and it'll request the correct items from silos that are connected with conveyors. In a strange way I feel that they're trying to make everything so idiot proof that I'm having hard time understanding how things work, it's very difficult if not impossible to build complicated factories because everything seems to try to work automatically instead of allowing me to engineer how it works.

Asscheeks Divided - Criminal past

Hellion.

Jesus it's empty. Not gonna judge the developers, because they're doing a stellar job. But when you run out of greens to replace your broken gear it's near impossible to find new stuff. All of these supposed modules are impossible to find.

Honestly it's the closest thing we'll get to a 3D Space Station 13

Most recent games I've played are
Suprisingly good. Campaign is short but well put together and constantly introduces new and interesting mechanics. Multiplayer is good to, but I need to get better at it.
honestly, I prefer it to Dark Souls. The combat system is just much more engaging.
Breddy decent high-budget visual novel. Probably Telltales best in my opinion.
Haven't sunk much time into this, so can't really deal much of a judgement on it. So far seems okay.

and I would've gotten away with it too

Been going through my backlog some these last couple weeks, so lets see…
A few weeks ago I picked up OneShot, and although short I really liked it for what it was, it's not really a "game" game though.
It's got some nice music and it's pretty cute. I cried like a little bitch when I had to tell Niko the truth about going home.

Two days ago, I finally beat Persona 4 Golden, getting the true ending. My final game time was 57 hours and a handful of minutes.
I'd stopped playing a long while ago and picked it back up last week.
It was rather fulfilling to see that game through to its end, I must say. Kaguya was my main Persona to use for both Marie's and Izanami's fights.
and Marie isn't as bad as I thought she would be. Maxing her Social Link was nice thanks to Hollow Forest & Kaguya
Not as good as P3P, but not bad at all.

Right now I'm playing Trillion God of Destruction, trying to at least get one real ending instead of the Game Over ending I initially got.
I'd like to get the other endings and True Ending. But I just don't have that kind of willpower.
I should have that squared away by tonight I hope, RNGesus-willing. Then after that I'll be starting up my copy of Toukiden 2 that's supposed to
come in today.

Wind Waker HD and Xenoblade Chronicles X on Cemu
I'm positively surprised on XCX, didn't have any expectations and it's a good game. Not great, but good. At least for now, I just started, got to Chapter 3 and I'm on the first real mission, the one to find the missing crew.

Been burning through a lot of my backlog in the last couple of days.

Played through the whole thing (all endings) in one sitting the other day. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. Soundtrack is incredible, and it was obviously a huge inspiration for the "spoooooky" parts in Undertale. Pretty simplistic RPG gameplay, but servicable, and easily enough to carry the strong art design and atmosphere.

Started playing the remastered version yesterday and got about an hour and a half in (right around the point where you encounter the pneumatic tube machine). Loving everything about it so far. It's drawing me in more than I expected it to, and I really can't wait to get back to it. Damn shame Tim Schafer's such a cunt, he made some damn good games in his heyday.

Only FF I've ever played to completion was the first, but I've beaten that one about five times. Been wanting to explore the rest of the series for a long time, and VI is supposed to be the best one. I really want to play IX since it's the one most immediately appealing to me, but VI gets talked about more and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. So far I'm enjoying it, but nothing about it is really blowing me away. The choose-your-hero sections are entertaining and a neat way to tell the story, but so far not much about the story being told is really impressing me much. I'm not too far in though, only just beat the Phantom Train. Definitely want to see it through to completion though, if only for completion's sake.

It's shit. No gameplay and garbage minigames mean that it needs to rely on writing, story and characters to be worthwhile, but the writing and characters are all fucking garbage and there is no story after two hours of playing. Want to see it through just so I can say definitively that it's a bad product and not just a slow start, but it's really a chore to get myself to return to it.

Always thought I would love this game, but it's kinda shit. It's absurdly hard but not in a way that feels fair or consistent. The art design is nice, but I don't know how many times I've died because of wonky hitboxes or for getting stuck on ladders. Playing on my 3ds, so I've been abusing save states. It's actually kind of fun when you can immediately retry the bullshit parts, but this game would be absolute garbage if forced to play on an actual console. Wasn't it based on an arcade game? If it's just the NES version that sucks, let me know, because I was hoping for a lot more from this game. The Gargoyle's Quest games are by far my favorite thing to come out of the series so far.

Fate/Extella.
It's pretty fun for a musou game. Too bad CCC will never get translated.

Elizabeth is best girl.

Pretty much just Foxhole, a top down shooter wargame set in a kind of alternate world where a war like World War One never ended. Up to one hundred and twenty people playing at a time spread out on two teams. A key mechanic in the gameplay is supply and demand- all items in the game, like guns and gas masks and mortar shells, are created by players, gotten by collecting scrap from piles and getting scrap out of the spoils of war in the form of dropped items, then processing them into usable items in bulk, whereby people then deliver those items to where they are needed. The game runs in kind of "matches" where the end-goal is to capture all towns on the map, and when that happens, the map resets and the war starts over again with just one town per faction and a lot of neutrals to capture and then defend, which brings me to the next point: buildables. Players build things like walls, sandbags, pillboxes and foxholes that are manned by AI that shoot anyone who passes, chests that hold items and so on, creating an incredible dynamic battlefield with forward operating bases from which to spawn from, towns that take many hours to siege just because you have to go through several layers of reinforced and heavily fortified walls, brutal chokepoints with barbed wires and pillboxes and puddles of blood everywhere, bridges that are constantly destroyed and rebuilt and defended to the death with veritable cities built behind them, and so on.
Lots of communication and teamwork. There's a minor progression system that just unlocks squad mechanics, whereby you only get higher ranks by players giving you commendations. The game's in a free early access "pre-alpha" but seems to me to be complete at the groundwork level. I despise unfinished games yet this one feels really good. The devs say they will make it a buy to play game, which should fix some problems with the community.
If you've ever experience the joy of the milsim, or played with organized groups of players, you'd better give this game a try.
I have a feeling in my gut that, in the end, the game will be ruined by something, but I have no reason to believe that except by my mature cynicism towards games. Nevertheless, it's great right now, so experience it while you still can.

pic related

Final Fantasy XIV and Shadow Warrior. I'm downloading Toukiden for tomorrow, it looks enjoyable.

CCC has a fan-translation in the works, but last I've heard claim the translator has SJW tendencies and it's as of yet unknown if they can keep it out of their work and let the game speak for itself, or if they aim to pull a Brigandine: Grand Edition with their patch. Supposedly they're still chugging away at it regardless, but the script is massive and they're speculating many more weeks/months before they get done on the script end (latest progress report was in February).

I haven't really had the time to play anything lately, but I have given away about a dozen yesterday.
I have been playing Minish Cap on PSP from time to time. This'll probably be the first Zelda game I'll beat.

FF6 gets better and better and never stops getting better. Don't expect much story from the snes FF. Dont compare it to later games which are more story-based if you're a storyfag as kind of implied by your OFF review.FF is a shit series in general and 6 is the cream of the cream of mainline and it is a great game.

if a translator lets their political affiliations be known, they're probably the type of person to insert it into every aspect of their lives. in that same way as you'll always know if someone is a communist; because they'll tell you no matter what

Is this a fan game?

It is.

Cool.
Fuck. I hope they don't go full NISA and try to "fix" the "problematic" stuff. I wish I had the time and the autism to learn moonrunes so I don't have to worry about nu-males butchering my video games.

Come on now.

As for FF, you should try 3 since it's similar to the first game you liked.

Recently played

loved them. Added songs to my smartphone. fuck the windows in 2 but the game was great.

Excellent. Didn't know it was made by the director of megaman x. As a matter of fact he did all the Disney games by Capcom for the NES and SNES, or at least the majority. You can see his direction in the game. It was a nice experience

Fun game. Not Nocturne or DDS/DDS2, as expected. Better than 4 since they balanced smirking, but smirk is a dumb mechanic anyway. The game was overall very easy. Disliked they removed the vitality stat and removed gaining MP from mag. But Mag was OP and still is the best stat. all demons have strong abilities and fusing just became even easier. I don't mind making fusing more flexible but its kinda boring when the meta is cookie cutter. Also the change to hama and mudo just means more homework coverage to cover instead of having space for other spells. More stuff to hit the enemies with weaknesses just makes the game easier. Hope they go back to Nocturne and DDs/DDS2 with SMT5

Was at the final dungeon for awhile. All in all probably the worst DQ and wew lad I am so not replaying that again. FedEx quest simulator. To top it off 8-4 cucked the translation. Last DQ to play is 3 so I guess its time to find that NES fantranslation.

excellent game. Felt like I was playing Super Metroid again for the first time. Well done, hand drawn animations are 100 better than indie pixelshit and the game is incredibly atmospheric. Fun bosses, lots of enemies, 30+ hours of metroidvania goodness. No hand holding, explore whatever you want.

just replayed it since it updated and what a great game. a must play. You can beat it in 3 hours. no excuses. go play it Holla Forums

had it in my backlog. beat it in a few hours too. Great soundtrack. Fun and simple gameplay. worth a pirate, unless its like a dollar on steam

currently playing it , on console sadly since it was incredibly cheap and I said sure why not. At the 2nd boss,. didn't have armor or anything until I realized there is a vendor next to the blacksmith. Just need to buy pyromance and it will be easy peasy. Going back home to continue playing. So far its alright, but nothing special. I find it harder than the first or second so that's good.

It's not that fun so far. Levels are very linear.

if you want to play DQ3 you should play the remakes

is there a translation for the SNES game?

The SNES has a translation iirc, but the GBC version has a little more content plus an official translation. Worth it if you're OK with the low-fidelity graphics

Good to know. It's also less that I have a focus on story, more that I'd just heard the story of FF6 get consistently lauded as the best in the series. If that's not what I should be looking for though I'll try looking at it differently. With OFF I actually didn't think the story was particularly well told, I just thought the aesthetic and emotional value was strong enough to carry the whole thing. The story is decent, and the ideas are interesting, but it relies too much on arcane symbolism and convoluted metaphors. There's nothing wrong with that approach if done right, but it does mean the story isn't as enjoyable when actually playing through, and only really gets gratifying after giving it some thought and analyzing it after the fact. Stories demanding you reflect on them are usually a good thing, but not if it comes at the detriment of the actual playing experience.

Nah, fuck that. Massive chunks of GnG are legitimately bullshit, and the difficulty in those parts is neither entertaining nor worthwhile to complete legitimately. I'm not going to punish myself by forcing my way through the badly designed parts just so I can enjoy the parts that ARE well-made. Call me a casual if you want, but I value good gameplay, and don't want to waste my time with bad.

I've got the DS remake and have been meaning to play it after VI. I've heard good things about it, but is that actually a good way to play it? I'd much rather a remake if it's good, but if it somehow ruined the gameplay I'll emulate the NES one instead.

As far as the SFC versions go, Dragon Quest I & II, Dragon Quest III, and Dragon Quest V all have complete patches to my knowledge. Dragon Quest IV was never on the SFC (maybe they didn't want to remake it so soon? Would explain why that went to the PS1 instead), and I could be wrong but I think Dragon Quest VI SFC was a partial translation patch (or at least not a v1.0 level release).

With I-III though, you have to weigh your options. The SFC remakes probably hold up better (admittedly I still need to play them), but the GBC versions have additional content.

yes. But you may run into bugs, so use multiple save states just in case.

in my eyes it's cheating, but what floats your boat. You might just try the sequels on Genesis and Super Nintendo instead, those are fairer.
I haven't played FF3 DS, but apparently it expands the gameplay a bit. Garuda and other bosses don't use the same single move every turn anymore.

I can't believe I missed out on RE. I usually don't play horror games because I'm a pussy.
Pretty good so far. Doing all the quests on my first playthrough.
Taken a very long break from this game, better get started again today.

what is this extra content we're talking about?
if its meme sidequests I don't really care but if its an extra dungeon or post game bosses I might be interested

I think I've added my input on the game before (I still haven't really played it for more than an hour):

monster medals are the big addition, a different medal for each monster you fight. collecting all 155 * 2 leads to a post-game dungeon and boss. gets a little tedious if you want to do it legit

nothing, i'm supposed to be moving heavy ass speakers but i'm procrastinating. Only downside is there's at least 20 generations of spiders living in them and I always seem to get bit.

I'm really liking this game so far, but there's quite a few flaws that I can't overlook. Good things first though, I love the hand-to-hand combat. It feels so refreshing to be able to move, punch, kick, and dodge on my own with the only downside being the blocking mechanic. I've been comparing this game in my mind to recent Bamham style games and I can't help but feel most modern games with hand-to-hand combat have regressed in terms of how much the player has control over the character's actions. You can't just easily flip over enemies or press the counter button after a very lenient amount of time. Oni actually requires some amount of skill to time dodges and attacks. There's tons of special moves that you can perform in Oni that require more than pressing two buttons at the game time. It's sublime. I really like the music in this game too. It's upbeat and makes you wanna kick some ass. I like that the levels can be fuckhuge, but they have their own problems too. One of the things that I hate about this game though is the gunplay. I don't know if my version of the game is fucked up or what, but the aiming feels like it's on a grid, and there's some aim assist implemented because the aiming in this game sucks dick. What chaps my ass is that the game makes a big deal about the hand-to-hand combat and then proceeds to throw a ton of enemies with guns at you. This is nitpicky, but one of the things that I don't like about the game is that the animation that plays when you open the game looks fucking awesome and it looks like it could be an actual show, and then the way that the characters are drawn in-game makes them look retarded. As well, the levels are fuckhuge, like I said earlier, but they feel empty as shit and it feels really eerie.

Alright, so I played through this with my friend so we could make a video about it and I have to say…I loved it. Just kidding, this game is fucking boring. I like a lot of the ideas and concepts, but the execution is shit. The writing is shit. And most importantly, almost every character in Life is Strange feels like they were designed to be as unlikable as possible. The only characters I liked in the game were William because he felt like a father trying to make ends meet, and David, because he was a father trying to make ends meet. Everyone else I either hated or had no real feelings on. The puzzle elements in this game are made trivial because of your rewind powers. I think there's maybe 1 or 2 points in the game where Max is tired and can't rewind, but those weren't puzzles or hard. I wish that Developers of this Game had implemented a mechanic where you have the ability to run out of rewind powers early if you abuse it, but as it stands, you can rewind however much you want. I think that it would help make the game have some amount of difficulty as well as giving the game actual replayability, but whatever. I hated most of the music in this game. It's just hipster guys humming and gay shit like that. I actually enjoyed the art style of the game. My friend hated it, but I feel that it should have been used on a different game. There's not much more I can say about this game, I'm just not sure why people rate it so highly when there's better games with a similar gameplay style, a better story, and more interesting characters.

This bitch is easier to fight than the furies and somehow is more rewarding. Stupid, but I'll take it.

Why not smoke them out?

I like Grand Theft Auto Online but I really hate how many dumb gooks have started playing it recently.

What happened to the great firewall of China?

Outsourced to Ameriga. :DDDDD

eh fuck it that sounds tedious

Don't do it
Try anything else sans the NES games

I'm playing Blaster Master Zero. It's a remake of the old NES game, plays a bit like Metroid if you've never heard of Blaster Master before. I'm up to Area 4, and it's pretty good so far. I enjoy the mix of tank platforming and small dungeons to explore on foot. The remixed music is also nice. However, it's a little too easy. I remember the original being considerably harder than this.

The 3DS title key site has it now, so you can finally download it through Freeshop.

Just wanna say that I'm doing exactly that, and holy fuck this game is brutal. I'm constantly broke and I can't seem to finish a boss fight with more than one party member left alive, and this is just four hours in. This game is pretty bullshit compared to FF6.

I don't think I'm any good at this assassination stuff.

what's the last boss you fought? somewhere at the start of the second half there's a very easy trick to getting lots of ABP and money by repeatedly killing statues either with Gold Needles or a certain spell. It's a game where normally difficult bosses can become easy with the right strategy, status effects like mute, paralyze and sleep actually work on quite a few bosses, including the very last one.

Oh boy, don't even get me started user.
Can you imagine how good this game would have been as a high school-simulator western RPG with a time travel gimmick?

also

So instead of a Telltale visual novel, make it an actual VIDEO GAME. Sort of like Bully with time travel. The game should be focused more on exploration, puzzle solving and strategic use of the rewind powers.

I spent an autistic amount of time thinking about this game after it came out. It made me fucking mad how terrible it was.

Liquiflame I think that's what it's called in the steam ship. Just got to the Library and everyone's at level 14.

kill those guys a couple times
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Nakk_(Final_Fantasy_V)
and buy like 4 thunder rods. Did you know that you can cast powerful spells by "breaking rods", which you can do by using them in the item screen? Push up on the item screen in battle and select them twice, that way you can also use weapons with in-battle effects, like for example the Masamune's haste.

If you unleash the resulting Thundaga on the next major boss a few times things should go smoothly. The boss after that has Barrier change so this strategy won't work as well.

BOTW
Easily one of my favouritest games ever. Not perfect, I can think of many tiny tweaks (and some major) I would make, but as someone who plays games mainly for escapism and that sense of exploration and wonder and the finding of puzzles and easter eggs (and nearly fucking everything in this game feels like an easter egg) it's amazing.

Turok 2 Remaster
I remember liking this one much more than the first game on the 64, but twenty years later I prefer the original Turok to this one. That said, this game is still great and it's absolutely pitiful how map and campaign design has gone so far backwards these last twenty years.

Fast RMX
Not-F-Zero is pretty good, but I prefer Redout. Still, it looks gorgeous on the Switch. The Storm Coast track is fucking beautiful and the framerate never drops.

Shovel Knight
I don't see the big fuss about this one. The game is good, but I don't see why it got the perfect scores it did. The puns are nice, some of them are quite clever, but the "lol so random" character shit really grates on me.

Snipperclips
Far and away the most unique and interesting game I have played in a long time. The co-op puzzle aspect is just amazing. It reminds me of BOTW actually, in that it's just a series of tools and how you use them is up to you. Perhaps Nintendo is really turning a new page and going back to designing tools and toyboxes for people to make their own fun instead of the heavily scripted shit we've been getting for so long. That would be nice.

I've known since my FF6 playthrough, but I never found a real use for them back then. Well fuck, this is gonna be interesting.

Pretty damn good with a lot of content. Later levels drag on a bit though and the constant swapping out of available characters helps against things going stale but also makes distributing upgrades an uncertain mess on the first run through.

Pretty charming concepts but suffer from being 1% complete. I'd buy the finished product based on what I've seen though.

Actually having fun with an ubisoft game, I like the core gameplay. Still an unpolished, unbalanced mess and it's 3 faction gimmick is utterly pointless.

Damned good fantasy x-com in the warhams universe, somewhat buggy though. Most things that can be said about x-com can be said about mordheim, it's simpler though.

Been playing a lot of Fire Emblem Heroes recently. Call me a casual or whatever but the game is pretty cool. I've never played an actual mobile game before but this isn't that bad. Its pretty much exactly what it advertises: bite sized fire emblem. It is a bit grindy once you reach the upper levels but they seem to have regular increased exp events.

The endgame is the "arena" where you face off against other player's actual teams (with the AI controlling them of course) while trying your best to kill the enemy without losing any of your own units for the highest possible score.

isnt this just a 4am thread?

pick 1

I just finished player PREY actually. It's a fun game, even if it is a bit slow.

That fucking goron. Before I talked to him, I was running around the town breaking pots and shit and I broke a couple near him and he suddenly turned around and made that face. I nearly died laughing.

You can stasis the laser device

I'll put that on for the time being. Seem workable?

thats usually what i do

Playing rance vi and loving it.
10/10 dungeon crawler and hero simulator

rad gameplay and a great soundtrack, I can see why it is such a cult classic.

what games user?
I wanna know for science, of course

Have plenty of new games I haven't even finished (or started) yet. Got this oldie and it's all I'm playing now.

Bit of a hassle getting it to run right on modern hardware, but worth it.

Thanks for the help with the description. Been meaning to try to get something in for Brandish; think that was the last of the really late western released PSP games that had been noted as being good that I was still needing an entry for.

Wasn't Battlezone a late addition as well? And that Motorstorm Arctic Shock or whatever, that must've come out late (I know it's already on the list).

Not sure about release frames for most games; I only got a PSP a couple years back. The prior version of the image I was using as a basis (which had no standardization for font sizes and thus some of the entries could stand further elaboration due to being so fucking short now that the fonts are all the same size) stopped being updated in late 2013, so between the really late releases like Brandish and TitS: SC, as well as fan-translations (the prior one only had Monster Hunter Portable 3rd), and some other games people kept noting as being absent, it felt warranted to take it up myself.

Finished BoTW. Average game, at best. The exploration was incredibly unrewarding and filled with tons of empty shit. Everything else about the game was painfully mediocre, at best. That said, I fucking loved that you could climb basically everything and go wherever you could see. That needs to happen way more in games.

At this point, I'm thinking I'll either resume my playthrough of Tales of Berseria or begin playing an h-game called 封呪姫. Likely the latter.

They make aerosol spray that kills spiders. Works well. I've been playing Thousand Arms and Yugioh World Championship 2007.

Their best was Puzzle Agent

What happened with Brigandine: Grand Edition?

From what I recall seeing some years back about it on half/vr/ when the patch had first come out (I wish I had screencapped the thread, especially since last I'd seen moe archive had hung itself sometime last year or so), it was something to do with elements of the game going against the translator's personal beliefs, and the patch, in addition to translating the previously Japan only version (wikipedia claims Grand Edition to be an outright same console remake, but I'm not certain) game into English, being an attempt to remove those.

Granted, I'm just going off what I remembered reading about it. Trying to double check for confirmation on google doesn't lend many worthwhile results (as if very few people have even bothered to delve into GE and its patch when the base game has had an English release since 1998 or so): namely a waruso archived half/vr/ thread from 2015, a thread on RHDN, and a neoFAG thread. From the RHDN thread though was this response from someone that had heard about it, but hadn't gotten confirmation on which game until the OP specifically mentioned it and apparently put two and two together:
That latter paragraph is admittedly rather worrying, and really the first I'd heard of it. Ideally one would think that fan-translators might have more than a bit of respect for what they work with (considering they're willing to devote so much time to bringing the game into English or whatever their chosen language is, one would expect they'd have a deep personal liking for the game as it is) and would do there best to make sure their scripts would be accurate, so perhaps people haven't really looked into the quality of them that much aside from clearcut cases of liberties being taken (DeJap's translation of Tales of Phantasia SFC, for instance), compared to how anons and other people of a similar mindset in regards to translation have taken to justified analysis and criticism of official English scripts from localization companies.

This would be a fucking great game. But I don't think that it falls within the developers "muh artistic vision." I keep reading in several places that many people hate that your choices throughout the game are basically meaningless, and shills keep coming up with the, "It's a metaphor for the inevitability that life can throw at you," or some shit. Fuck that, you niggers, just give me a good game.

Natsume proving surprisingly decent despite being slightly underleveled. Friendly personality too, but I have to wonder if the main idea behind it is that praising Kite like she does will get her more free shit. Seems like if you're going to use two twinblades, it's best to just try to take out enemies quickly rather than tank and heal.
Oh boy.

Nier Automata and bayonetta

Just did the HDD trick with my old fat ps2 so now I can play quarantine. I've been meaning to finish the series off at some point.

Have fun. I'd consider using OPLoader for the game; HDLoader seems to have compatibility issues with .hack, at least as of trying to run Infection with it (main ALTIMIT terminal would load fine, but the game would instantly crash upon trying to access The World).

I just transferred freemcboot to a memory card using it and play off my ps2 slim using esr. Still think I would have issues?

Not sure. I've got a fat PS2, and a drive set up internally via the expansion bay. I'm honestly not real familiar with what, if any, options the slim models have. Might want to look it up, or do some asking around, before trying it.

Nigga, Using the fat mod I loaded freemcboot onto a memory card and have already been playing burnt games on my slim. I didnt know if you heard of the issue happening with burnt games, guess I'll find out though.

I went back to runescape and it is pretty fucking alright with membership. Free still sucks as I remembered.
I have been playing this hardcore for 8 hours a day for 13 days and got this so far.

Looking at the upload for Quarantine on TiZ, the uploader there specifies it taking quite a while to rip, burn, and test the file. Considering he mentions both PCSX2 in the same post as "burned" I assume he gave it a go both digitally and on a burned disc. That's just my own thoughts on the text provided.

Decompressed file size is listed there as being 4.15 GB if you're having to keep available disc memory to write to in mind.

Why did you nolife mining and smithing so hard?

Because I like them most.

Lel oh boy

I really fucking hate RS3's artstyle I just got my quest cape on OSRS today and I want to play Rs3's quests so badly but I am't stand the everyone having wings

You're a strange one. Looking forward to the skill rework then?

Who gives a shit? Besides you should be grinding away from people and won't see anyone 90% of the time, unless you are a social faggot that belongs in facebook anyway.
I only go and put my stuff for sale then go back to grinding.

Yeah I like the improved everything. Feels much better. Also better graphics but the core play is still hardcore.
People getting 200m and 99 in everything almost every day. Crazy.

Let It Die

Tokyo Death Metro in particular is a blast. It's almost like a casino game where you know the prize for each roll, but never know for sure whether it'll come at a profit or a loss. If you wear out your gear too much, you'll be paying out the ass. There are rank points on the line too, so it's neverending suspense.
Another thing that adds to the gamble is the possibility of getting "killed" by a connection error. Always keeps me on the edge of my seat. Just kidding, I sit on the floor.

Get better taste, senpai

I thought the exact same thing, fuck people who hype it up as the next Thief, it's fucking Splinter Cell.

Playing through Resident Evil 7 right now.

This game is pretty much the new benchmark for survival horror games. Now that meaningful gameplay has been combined with the first-person perspective, Amnesia-alikes have no reason to exist. Good riddance.

The Bard's Tale. The gameplay has some hitches, but the humor keeps me coming back, it's rare to find a game that does comedy.

Normally I avoid ASSFAGGOTS and nu-blizz games in general, but I've been caught up with playing Heroes of the Storm. I'm a bit of a RTS fanboy, especially of blizz RTS games, so being able to play some of my favorite characters is a big draw. It doesn't hurt that its been receiving attention from blizz in attempt to save it, and the playerbase had been growing because of it. now if only I could play Kel'Thuzad

A bit of shameless self promotion, here's my RAF link. If you use it and your account is either fresh, or level 5 or lower we both get some pretty good stuff; you'll get two extra free heroes, since it uses a LoL-style free-to-play/unlock scheme. battle.net/recruit/BNQH6KDB8BI'm Americas

Replaying The Talos Principle to find all of the hidden stars and do the secret puzzles. I'm a little disappointed so far how easy it is to find most of them, but I haven't done the stars in Road to Gehenna yet either.

Might replay Dark Souls III this week to remind myself I dislike it before The Ringed City comes out

Neutopia
Decent Zelda clone. I just finished fighting an "illusion" of Dirth & got the last medallion. His image took so many hits I can only imagine how long it'll take to kill Dirth himself. I wandered around & found the strongest sword, but I still need to get the strongest shield before entering the last dungeon. A few rooms in that previous dungeon were a bullet hell of projectile-firing monsters so the last dungeon will probably have even more annoying rooms like that. I hope the strongest shield can block some of that crap.

Do it

emulator's physics are broken, therefore magnesis and stasis don't work

been playing theHunter, Baldur's Gate 2, I want to play Siege but my Internet connection sucks ass. theHunter crashes a lot for me but it has very nice graphics.

I finished my first playthrough of BG 1 and 2, I'm a CRPG newfag, great game and I regret not doing more side content before finishing it. I still have Throne of Bhaal to play though. Not sure what i will play next, maybe Pillars of Eternity or Arcanum.

Shit I used to play Desperados a long time ago, I remember it being bullshit difficult and didn't get very far into it but maybe I was a casual

I replayed a personal fave of mine recently, the geneforge series, and it felt just as amazing as the first time i played. gotta love multiple endings, and weird mysteries like shaper monarch

oxygen not included

for an alpha there's a lot of shit in it, and it's quite fun to build shit and then realize how fast things go to chaos, other than shitty 10 year old kids games its the first game to keep me interested in awhile, i just wish the linux port wasn't so far away because windows is uncomfy

Rabi-Ribi and Reverie Under the Moonlight are both very good metroidvanias with great art and music that I played to completion. Moonlight is fairly traditional (similar to Symphony of the Night), while Rabi-Ribi has bullet hell elements and deliberate emphasis on sequence breaking/shortcuts (you can complete the whole game without so much as picking up your main weapon).

youtube.com/watch?v=nqFuA0iJ0XQ

youtube.com/watch?v=JuKhggFtgEk

I've also been going through the visual novel Flowers for the second time. It's really good if you like VNs, and has a lot of dialogue options/decisions.

borrowing it from a friend, most overrated game on fucking earth. its not bad by any means but the overworld is too damn big like anything latching on to the open world meme, combat controls are bad, and all the puzzles are put a ball in a cup

now i like the game enough, but anyone giving it 9/10 and the like is fucking delusional

beat it a couple days ago, brilliant finale. it was fun and yokos madness shines a lot in it, but i wish the enemy variety had been better

i just play this all the fucking time, the new patch is a nightmare though

Well, I beat Neutopia. Refreshingly, in this game the Princess doesn't shortchange Jazeta at the end with a peck on the cheek, instead she pledges undying love & demands to be taken. Hope I'm not getting Dirth's sloppy seconds. He claimed I couldn't kill him because he wasn't mortal flesh so maybe he couldn't dick her while I was trudging through all those dungeons. Although, he was probably just shit-talking & making it up since I did indeed kill the fucker.

I'm infuriated by games that think an RNG will stand in for level design. Indie roguelites are by far the worst about this. I can take an honest loss where I did something stupid, but 9 times out of 10 I walk into some pure bullshit that is undodgable by Touhou standards and have to start over because fuck me.

The worst part is the fanbases will universally defend this as "BUT IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR". Well, if the game wasn't designed, then it's not a game. It's an engine with some art assets plugged in that's running an interactive RNG that you may or may not be able to nudge towards a state you desire.

Been playing the most recent version of hitman and thoroughly enjoying it.

I love Subnautica but come the fuck ON

You're the son in Neutopia 2 so I figured something had to have happen like that. I love my PCE-CD (emulator) so would really like action rpg, however I hate Neutopia but really liked the action rpgs on the mega drive.

just hacked my 3ds so…

I fucking knew knew it Fulbright! I knew it since you first appeared instead of Gumshoe!

I like the story so far. The battle system letting you borrow time coupled with fast-forward auto is a good way to grind. The implementation of the AR movies are a novel use of the technology.

fuck yeah Blaster Master. The regenerating special weapon meter is nice and encourages their use without being so fast you don't have to mete it out judiciously. Story still isn't as fun as Metafight's but at least you have a solid reason for chasing that frog

onto non-3ds games:

fuck, why didn't I get this when it was new? I like how being a sassy bitch makes the game subtly harder. I dislike how enemies know when I'm right behind them making my judo-chop useless

interface feels clunkier than I remember. Expansion packs are good even if the base campaign isn't. Still not as good as BG2

I like its gameplay and aesthetic but I don't feel any impetus to actually complete it

FUCKING HELL WHERE IS EVERYTHING!?

Been playing wow with some guildies, we were up to 3 am finishing a fucking +14 arcway with teeming, skittish, and fortified. It was a fucking nightmare, but we finished.

It's not good, but I picked it up due to the publisher being ordered to recall and destroy all unsold copies

jap grill character is a qt though

I don't even know why I pirated this shit. It's like Uncharted but somehow worse.

I didn't know there was a sequel, but since you brought it up I downloaded it. Personally, I didn't dislike Neutopia. IMO it's a competent Zelda clone.

Next I was going to play Alundra on Mednafen PSX, but I dunno.

Follow up; you move so much slower in Neutopia II, goddamn.
Also, naming Jazeta's son "Jazeta" might render some dialogue confusing. Too bad there wasn't enough space for "Jazeta Jr".

Just finished Titan Quest Anniversary
on legendary difficulty
it had some positive aspects. Will stew about what to play next.

I remember that game, it was funny and worth playing.

Absolutely wonderful. I'm a PCfag so I missed out on it when it came out for consoles. I figured it was another generic JRPG, but hot damn it's probably one of the best games I've played in a while. The combat can sometimes leave a bit to be desired (mostly a wacky hacky point & slashy fest), but jumping onto a Cyclop's back and stabbing its eyes out while your pawns light it on fire and pelt it with arrows is one of those "Why isn't every videogame like this?" things.

Yeah, it takes a while to get going but damn that's that great game. I could hang around BitterBlack Island for hours on end. It's so comfy.

I've played a lot of shit recently, I'm actually surprised thinking back on it.
Great games, they make me wish there were more, playing them back to back also made me wish they were significantly harder.
good time waster, but I just can't work up the will to play it. It's fun, but I only ever play 2 hours at a time at the most
OST is shit but the gameplay is statisfying until area 5, when the game just stops being fun. I understand difficulty, but you plain need a good run to beat forge. Hell, bullet hell is easier. Mod the Gungeon lets you do fun shit, but cheating is still inherently unstatifying after a while.
I sunk 6 hours into it but it just feels unfinished. I'll wait until after the game's released.
Played it for the new equinox update, but instead the game just told me I have to wait another week because the dev needs more time, dispite having 100 days to get this working. I'm salty, but I still have hope.
Pirated this on a whim, the game's fun as shit though. It's sticker star, but good. The mechanic that you're using finite resources as your basic attacks is a really good one, and the game works very well.
Pirated this because I wanted to see how bad it was. When the game feels like it's getting interesting it just fucking ends, the game feels like they made it in 6 months dispite it taking 4 years and 200k. Main plot entirely abandoned dispite it being the only interesting part of the game.
Pirated this a while back but actually played it recently, it's fun but heavily RNG based. Basically XCOM but with car chases and a dash of FTL, the game works well enough, but it feels sorta like they sacrificed quality of the game at the altar of easy moddablity. Sucks there's no huge mod that adds more content or a DLC.
Feels like what Afterbirth+ should've been. Dispite not having afterbirth shit, I don't miss any of it. The mod's really fun dispite only adding a handful of new shit.
webm related

Skyrim. While it is a shit game, the mods are keeping me more than occupied. You would think more of the newer games that are out today would do that job, but apparently not.

How are you going without toggle crouch? It inflammed my autism too much the last time I tried.

Elite: Dangerous
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
For Honor

With bouts of King Arthur's Gold in between. It's good for that. (Really good)

Sometimes I'll flip on Shadow of Mordor, but I just end up watching my orks fight other orks. I really want a nemesis ork that can take me on and kill me 1v1 with me at full power. It has failed to occur. :\

Also Space Engineers, but I can't find a good reason to play for more than 5 minutes. I still can't run planets and the devs consistently ignore the "Space" in "Space Engineers".

Are you jew?

If not, then shit fam what are you flying. I'm res hunting in a vulture.

Type 5 Transporter. I'm currently jewing diseased ridden systems with medicine.

It's not that bad. Why does everyone dislike it again?

Just beat MegaMan Unlimited for the first time, really regret not playing it earlier.
Loving the difficulty of all the stages

Hilarious. As long as you aren't an actual jew because that requires gas i could wing you if you get pulled over a lot. I have Interdiction as well as a wake scanner too. Obviously I would want credits too, but I have no cargo hold. I kill FDLs for a living and avoid clippers, which are satan.

You'll hate it by the end.

I just got to the dungeon where you get the triforce. Am I supposed to hate it yet? The hero song levels were pretty shitty but at least it was more variety than the triforce hunt in Wind Waker.

Medicine isn't high risk, so no faggots come to fuck with me. They probably will eventually though, but for now it's just me and the HIV medication

If you can endure the awful combat and dungeons then I suppose you'll like it to the terrible end.

I use left ctrl for crouching. My pinky finger's not doing anything else so I can hold it no problem

Darn. Have you considered an exciting career in mining?

No, it know it makes a fuckton of money but I've seen what people do to mining ships, even on single play.

First of all, I've fallen in love with Jadwiga. I want to kiss her right in between her sweet, beautiful child-bearing hips.

As for the game, I'm honestly not sure what I think. On one hand, even if the tech and civics trees were combined, they'd be pretty sparse - at least, compared to BNW. On the other hand, that can be fixed with future expansions. On the other-other hand, a game shouldn't need expansions in order to be good. Point is, as it stands right now, research and civic-ing are pretty unrewarding.

I like districts, partly because they make it easier to keep track of which cities are specialized which way, and partly because they make empire-building more… buildingy. Creative. Crafty. Not only does the small-empire bias from the fifth game appear to be gone, but there are a whole lot of new ways to interact with the terrain. Wonders help with this, too. Like, there's this one wonder that must be built in the woods adjacent to a holy site. That's super weird, right? This kind of thing forces you to actually think about where your cities are gonna go, beyond "maximize the sum of the yields of all tiles in a radius of 3."

Also, districts encourage expansion, since you can only build a couple of them per city. And the wonder placement restrictions do the same, since having more territory means you're more likely to have a place to build the wonders you want.

It's Splatoon, it's pretty fun. Definitely grabbing the full game at launch.
I decided to actually use my Xbone for once, and tried this over BC. I'm surprised how good the gameplay is right off the bat - it's challenging, and I can't wait to unlock local multiplayer. I can definitely see this being a hit for whenever I have a group over or something. Soundtrack is pretty great too.
Interesting little dungeon crawler, still can't believe XSEED localized this bad boy for PSP in 2015 but I ain't complaining. Interesting mix of top-down dungeon crawling a la Mystery Dungeon, but handcrafted and with more depth to the exploration. Also realtime.
I imported the original Vita release (it was GOTY 2016 IMO) and this was definitely Ys VIII.

You mean the getting slaughtered? Yes you see that's the part where I help and also make lots of money. I'm camping a gas giant with a [HIGH] extraction point right now. I would go find pristine or something but this has a High Tech economy Coriolis 146 ls away. Best of all worlds. There was a lockdown a bit ago and I made a shit-ton of cash. I had started over because I got bored of random trading/smuggling (and criteria & rewards for smuggling are shit now).

I digress. I went from hunting in a souped up adder -> A rated Viper3 -> A rated Vulture in about 8 hours of play.

Anyway, if you want to mine I can give you my location and steam shit and cover you in wing if we're both on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Literally all you need to mine is an adder.
You could either buy a cheap as dirt adder or just trade 1 weapon and 1 small optional slot for a refinery on your Lakon 6. I loved my time in my 6 from my first playthrough. Lakon has such good cockpits.

Vah Naboris is horseshit. I can't believe I went through all that just to fight the fucking one-hit-killing Thunderblight in an arena that makes the fight harder than it would be in the throne room. Who designed this shit?

Seems like a plan if I ever decide to stop being a medicine jew. How do friends in elite work, anyways?

Put on your rubber pants.

I am not sure, actually. I think you might able to invite steam friends to a wing?
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048239194
Here's my steam shit if you want it. Just post (you)r steam name so I'll know.

He's using a guardian weapon, electricity resistance doesn't do shit.

After some quick googling all you need is your commander name, since elite is technically a non-steam game.

Cool.
Commander name is "Rye'n Breadan"
Offer for steam is still up; makes communication by text easier, at least. Especially for linking shit holy hell is Elite bad if you want to copy text.

Dodge after he teleports in tier 2. Also get the master sword for easy 60- dmg hits

*phase 2

Breddy good. It feels like the main game but a little bit more polished, the outdoors parts with mist and the first person almost castration scene were pretty memorable. In the latter part I almost avert my eyes, now that's the sign of good horror vidya if I've ever seen one. On the bad side like with the main game, the chases get kinda silly once you get used to dying, and Gluskin pursuing you at a leisurely walk speed was very stupid.

I came with low expectations because "LOL Microsoft Studios" but it was a very pleasant surprise. Movement mechanics and level design are top fucking notch, and the art can be gorgeous at times. I teared up when it's revealed that Kuro took the light because she was trying to protect her children. Call me a pussy all you want, but that part hit me like a bloody truck.

I've been replaying Golden Sun 2, just because I don't really know what else to play. It's still an okay, easy JRPG.

Did we play the same Ori?

Dunno you, the game I played was good.

The final boss in Amane's route in Devil Survivor: Overclocked is absolute bullshit. Fuck, I just want to finish this game.

fun game, goes by rather quickly when you're distracted, some bosses are absolute bullshit

Really fun Shmup, the difficulty spike in the last stage is awful though, what the fuck, things suddenly go into lunatic mode this is so much bullshit

Friends of Mineral Town
Finally playing it after wanting to so long. Emulating it on my phone. Really comfy.

Mighty Switch Force - Pretty decent. Too short, even with the DLC levels.

Stranglehold - I remember playing the demo back in the day a million times in a row, and I watched all of John Woo's Hong Kong films when I was waiting for it to come out. I realized I've had it sitting in my games folder for years now, so I decided to try it out a couple days ago.

It was somewhat disappointing. Maybe it's just because they only give you a taste of a proper level before making you dick around a fishing village for hours. Maybe it's the weird way you interact with the environment. You fling yourself all over the environment while shooting enemies but it automatically moves you over "low objects." The result is you accidentally slide over half the shit in the level while trying to aim at enemies with the fucking sniper-scope-tier FOV. There is a button to interact with some things, like railings or push carts, but you often end up accidentally diving over them instead. If I designed it today, I'd make it work like Asscreed where you hold a button down to do stunt shit and it intelligently handles the stunts from there.

Other than that feature, it's a pretty mediocre FPS with lots of John Woo fanservice. Still looks beautiful for a game that came out in 2007, though. This was right before the time when companies stopped putting great effort into their models and textures and masked them with post-processing. Made me a little sad.

Jagged Alliance Urban Chaos 1.13 - I've played 1.13 so many damn times I needed something new. Urban Chaos gives you that but it's not necessarily a good thing. There's new levels but they're not very well designed and not really new because of the limits of making new shit in the engine (at least back when Urban Chaos was made). The new country is just Arulco with urban sprawl, which is mostly useless detail. I had to watch an LP a couple times to even figure out what to do and where to go a couple times. I spent a whole hour looking for the guy who gives you control of the local not-mine in not-Chitzena. And I'm not even going to go into the voice acting for new characters, even when they didn't use the female Microsoft Sam voice for character lines.

But the gun game ridiculous. Even at the beginning, there's a fucking shitload of new guns and they don't retcon guns into using the limited amount of ammo types in vanilla and 1.13. It's a lot more realistic now. They also reworked the LBE to work in the new items. It would be perfect if I could just yank that shit and drop it on the regular 1.13 map.

I actually just played Splinter Cell for the first time after this. Styx is just a much easier and simpler Splinter Cell, with worse stealth mechanics. I do like the character Styx, but there's so little dialogue I couldn't be assed to slog through the rest of the game. Splinter Cell is great, not quite finished.

If you only finish one game in that series make it Chaos Theory. First one is good too though.

I want to role-play as mongols.
It's a really good rogue. It has a sizable modding community and a full installer/launcher with everything you need to configure in it.

have you played games like Dragon Quest 3? It's similar, except it isn't bloated with pointless dialogue and kindergarten puzzles.

planetside2.jpg
The game does everything wrong and the developers only made it worse by listening to reddit, but i keep coming back because the game completely lacks a competitor and i absolutely love what it's about.
If someone launched a "totally not planetside guise", planetside 2 would sink faster than it's already sinking. I should've played 1 more than i have, but that game was always a wasteland and it was full of cheaters.

There's some guys trying to remake PS1:
psemulator.org/
Current DL + info here:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ZMx1NUylVZCXJNRyhkuVWT0eUKSVYu0JXsU-y3f93BY/edit

last game I played was battlefield 1

it was shit.

Aside from my occasional trips to FUMBBL, I was trying out Hyrule: Total War because why the fuck not. However, I didn't realize how bad I was at Medieval 2 until I started, since I am mostly used to Shogun 2.

You didn't actually buy it did you? we warned you nigger.

Dead Rising 1 is pretty ok so far but it takes so long to get anywhere.

Witcher 2 is ok I guess as long as the combat stops sucking big fat dicks soon.

God Hand still my favorite game ever to just pop in and play and get to kicking ass in under a minute on a new file. Maybe best game ever.

Less than I expected.
It is a brilliant game. After 70 hours I can't come with any real complaints about it, only like nitpicky shit like too many fucking menus to just change weapon and skills or unskippable warping animations.

I recently finished this after being lent a copy.

The whole thing came across as strangely inconsistent. Acquiring items and crafting stuff felt so streamlined and minimal that it may as well have been left out entirely. Enemies had really good AI as far as modern shooters go, but most of them were serious bulletsponges against anything except the shotgun. Driving was interesting and kept things from getting too samey, but the racing segments were incredibly arcadey which didn't really fit with the rest of the game's moderately serious tone. Visually it seemed ok, although it fell into the "everything is brown" trap of post-apocalyptia.

I was leaning towards rating it as a moderately entertaining game that couldn't make up its mind about a lot of things… but then it swiftly ended at what feels like the halfway point and made me fucking furious. Fuck Zenimax for releasing 50% of a game at full price.

i got ending e in nier: automata over the week. good game outside of the current issues on pc.

now i dont know what to play. been trying banner saga but im just shit at turn-based tactics type of games like X-Com or Disgaea and shit. i might have to play it on easy

oh and i pop into gwent every now and then to get daily rewards done. fun to play a match or two every few hours.

I see RAGE as a tech demo/testing ground for id Tech 5.

Glad to hear it's fun. I'm looking forward to this coming West later this year. Never really go into the other Neptune games though. Would I need to play them to get whats going on in 4 Goddesses Online, or is 4GO just a spinoff like Neptunia U?

yeah, it's pretty good. I hope we see more games like it in the future.

It sounds to me like 0 was your first Yakuza game.

Okay, turns out you get faster shoes. I probably got them in Neutopia 1 & just forgot they existed so when I started 2 & was moving slow as fuck it was jarring & confusing. I've already made it to the final dungeon.

They kinda cheap out in this one because some of the bosses are not in labyrinths. There are two instances in which you find a place where it's rumored there's a monster, enter, go through one room & in the next there's a boss fight immediately, no dungeon crawling. Sad!

Picked up an original xbox and a half-dozen games at a local game shop for only about 5 bucks more than a AAA release.
Played Soul Calibur 2 over the weekend and unlocked pretty much everything except lizardman, and the game's as good as I remembered it being except for Cervantes, he's even better than I remembered

Additionally, I'm annoyed that I never find the Crystal Ball first in dungeons. The Crystal Ball reveals the map & makes it easier to see where I can go & where I haven't been. I often find the boss key & beat the boss before even finding the damn Crystal Ball.

World tendency fucking sucks and proves once again that karma based mechanics are never fun.

I broke my rule about early access games and got Streets of Rogue.

The Deus Ex comparisons feel stupid when its a dinky little pixel game, but it does have more options for completing objectives than ACTUAL Deus Ex games (in early alpha).
Its really pretty great.

Funny enough, 4GO was my first Nep game, and I can say with certainty that it was designed with people unfamiliar with the series in mind. When a character I had no knowledge of appeared, Nep herself was ready with a fourth wall breaking introduction as to who it was, and since the game is a spinoff with a self-contained story, there's no need to have played any other game in the series to understand what's going on.

Titanfall 2 is fun as fuck, man.

get mercenaries

Far Cry 4

get component cables for your xbox, enjoy soul calibur in glorious 720p 4:3

Skipped Disgaea 4
D2 is better than Disgaea 3
Has a more comfortable system and has many more things to do in general
Story when its centered in the main characters in the original game is more interesting
Translation is bad… there are many things that can easily be noticed that don't go there, but can be ignored
looks like a 200h game haven't finished it but is going well

Basically what that other user said, beautiful game and some really interesting movement mechanics.

Solid Castlevania clone. Good music, nice animations, fun combat. It was shorter than I would've wanted, but it was only $10 so I'm not complaining.

I finally started playing this last night. The story and characters are pretty engaging, the soundtrack is pretty damn great, the gameplay is simple but fun (with loads of side activities, holy shit), and overall I'm having a great time. Good game.