AvP 2

What did you think of the story, Holla Forums?

Damn, what's with all these AvP threads lately?

prob just one guy making em that wants to talk about the games hes into or something

happens all the time, i think its better to embrace it if you're interested or ignore it if you're not, creates healthy discussion that benefits this place more than a cyclical fucking night in the woods or mass effect 4 thread.

enjoy the courtesy bump op, i hate lithtech 1 so i am biased against this game even if I haven't played it

there's been afew good threads about xenomorphs but it's run it's course for now, wait until we get something new to talk about

On one hand I really liked the movement mechanics of the xenomorphs and how headshots heal you and are an instant kill. The alien campaign was the best part of the game for me.
On the other hand I really don't remember jack shit aside from the alien campaign.

pred campaign

marine campaign

In the marine campaign you're out there when everything goes to shit, then you do stuff and kill a predator like in every other AvP
In the predator campaign you get captured then get your shit back and you kill a queen.

this is a cool thread with good people. have a bump.

yeah something like that

I played AVP2 a lot as a kid but I couldn't tell you much about the story to be honest. Had a lot more fun playing online.

So did I. Runner douchebag here.

Why is this game not on GOG yet?

alien one was cool, i remember the ending scaring the shit out of me when i was about 12

In each campaign you kill a significant figure of each other faction.

It was awesome. Intermingling plots are underrated and each faction got a fair go, without being too strong all the time.

I liked the health distribution between species from AVP 98 better. And autoaiming alien tail more than that pounce bullshit. Not to mention the predator disc becoming a flying brick.

As for the story, nothing memorable about it. The only thing I can recall now are Progenitor carcasses that were more spooky than anything else in that game.

Where were they?

The thing in the middle of the room starting somewhere after 6:00

A meh video. What a wuss. You can headshot those two praetorians at the end with the sniper rifle you get just before them.

So you mean the Space Jockey? Meh, everyone knows that. I suppose you haven't watched the older movies.

I have watched first Alien movie and still find that spookier than alien eggs opening.

Been some years since I played it. All I remember is that the game was fucking fun, and that androids were cunts

Frosty is my favorite silent protagonist in any FPS. Also the Intermingling story campaigns were great.

Anyone else exited for the new aliens movie?
Covenant or some sort of bullshit
Supposedly its going to be a gang of degenerates on a colony ship with homosexual pirates getting raped by aliens
I hope the aliens win

You would only know it from the comics
God damn i wish i could see some alien comics

Only ever useful against the faggot with a smart gun or someone in a suit
Praetorian is useful in corridor levels and the drone is frighteningly underused, probably due to being weaker than every other alien in some way
Although i think the drone is the only alien capable of doing that concussion bullshit that the predator plasma caster can do, when it tail whips and shit
Predalien jump is absurd and also main type of locomotion
as soon as you get the timing right, you can practically1 shot everything else, including another predaliens lunge (always lunge last)

Marines are shit in comparison to corps due to corps having the sexy sniper and 360 radar

Predators are all round shits and anyone who plays them is a faggot

excited*

this
I mean even aliens versus predator is up there
Its over 10 years old now (i think), so why hasn't GOG got it?

Because monolith and legal shenanigans, the same reason no one lives forever will never get a modern release.

Back when I played it for the first time I liked that the stories were intertwined.

I made one. Was playing AVP 2010.

I really loved the part of the game where you're running to the escape vehicle with all your buddies aboard while being chased down by aliens right behind and infront of you. It felt awesome running to escape the facility while at the same time gunning down aliens that came in your way.
Kinda like a Rambo movie during an escape scene or something.