Darksiders 1&2 do Zelda better the BOTW

There I said it.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/fQoku
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's true, granted it's not as bad as Skyward Sword. However the fact is that BotW was so underwhelming that even Darksiders 2 was a much better game as a whole. IT EVEN HAD DUNGEONS

Any examples to back up your claim? Or are you shitposting? This isn't cuckchan, go shitpost there.

What about SFA?

Also, I remember hearing that Shadow Man was an underrated Zelda-clone.

I liked it better than Skyward Sword

Actual progression and it had more verity in content and it had more dungeons that actually felt zelda.

Yeah, especially the first one. It's a shame because BotW was almost good, it just needed

It's just a low energy Skyrim with good combat and art direction as is.

pretty much, not to mention it's based off Miyazaki and they won't let you use the Japanese dub with english subs.

To be fair, it's not hard to be better than a LoZ game that fails at being LoZ

Shadow man is the metroid we never got on n64. It really is.

I'll assume you meant to type "than". Anyways, you're probably right. But I don't like Zelda games because it's been homogenized ever since OoT. So BotW is pretty great in my book, glad I pirated it.

The darksider games are very simlar to Zelda which is why I'm making a comparison.

Darksiders is basically a LoZ clone so yeah it does make sense to compare them

Dark Souls does Zelda even better bruh.

Now that we got all three. Here is my counter argument.
archive.is/fQoku

I aint reading those walls but real talk - zelda was always mishmash of basic elements from other genres - light combat, light exploration, light puzzles, light RPG mechanics.
It's an ok kids game, but if you want something with actual depth in either of those aspects you gotta play something else.

lol
shouldn't dumb niggers like you be somewhere else?

Nah. Infact I'd say BotW is Darksiders 2 done better.

Well that's kind of the problem. There are things in it that are worse than classic Zelda.

yes without any of the depth and progression and content.

Are we talking about Zelda or Skyrim?
Depth isn't about having pointless features that barely changes the gameplay.

BoTW's entire point is to not be a familiar conventional OOT type Zelda

Not an excuse

And yet it fails even in that regard

Both OOT and BoTW are still at least an order of magnitude better than Darksiders 1 and 2 though, and Darksiders is pretty good

7 real score or 7 Game Journo score

Even if you don't like the game you have to admit it's not much like OOT

The faggot 7/10 because only a faggot would use a 1-10 scale especially 7.

>archive.is/fQoku
Could always just post a screencap with the archive.

yet it still doesn't feel like a unconventional zelda game in fact it feels like zelda but half assed the game itself isn't a bad game but its just not a good zelda game.

Your bait would have weight to it if darksiders 2 even tried to do zelda, which isn't the case.

Not really, I mean, aside from the fact that you've made no effort to justify the argument, your claim doesn't really stand up.

Let's go through what presumably, all these anons would likely claim is done better in Darksiders and Darksiders 2 if they bothered to formulate an argument and not just shit out an opinion and create a low quality thread:

Open World - Darksiders and Darksiders 2 are both really just broken up into levels. You can revisit areas but the game is entirely linear and won't let you explore an area without beating an area prior to it. Everything is sequential and the side areas to explore in Darksiders 2 don't offer much more than maybe a unique weapon that's quickly outclassed by a random drop. BOTW allows you to go essentially anywhere from game start.

Items - Most Darksiders items are one and done for their "dungeon" (level). Many don't serve a purpose beyond allowing you access to the next area and only slightly improve on combat. The only weapons worth using are the grapple and gun. Darksiders 2 gives you more weaponry and combat abilities but doesn't really expand on much item wise. Again, you're only using what you immediately need to get through the next sequence. BOTW gives a tighter focus on item usage and abilities so that they all serve a purpose and can be applied across various scenarios.

Dungeons - Levels locked by progression. BOTW gives near full freedom to pick and choose.

Combat - Darksiders wants to be DMC but is really rigid and doesn't go all in on the combat. Darksiders 2 improves on this but it's clear the devs lack the experience that Japanese games in DMC's vein have on full display. Combos can be dragged out, enemies juggled, but it's not very satisfying. It suffers from the same ground bound combat that Darksiders had. But, Darksiders 2 did show improvement and promise. It's hard to compare the combat because the games are going for very different experiences here. It's too subjective to compare, the question would be, which do you relish more and which comes off like a chore?

There OP, you lazy cunt. Some arguments and basis for discussion. Anons can now engage with what's been said and develop their opinions and share their thoughts.

Also, this user has it right. Darksiders 2 doesn't try to be Zelda in most of its execution and in my opinion that's to its benefit. Darksiders 2 is much more focused on what it wants to be. Hopefully we get a follow up that improves on the refined formula.

why am I so angry

Is that why they're so boring?

so does 3D dot game heroes

/thread

Western developers > niptendo

OH BOY HERE WE GO!

Darksiders was god of war tier complete trash with terrible aesthetics to make it extra garbage.

Darksiders was fucking terrible though

Could be the notion that "Persona Games" is a fucking genre of its own, or that Persona spawned SMT and not the other way around.

BotW has some really good fanart.

Oh shit! Meant to spoiler that.

Spoiler what? Our mods taught us not be ashamed of our shitposting.

More proof that everything is better with a horsecock.

Now that the dust settled and people are starting to hate BotW, I can't wait for the Skyward Sword love train.

Your mods have you good advice

"Oooh, he said it."

THQ is bankrupt user

Nordic bought darksiders rights

So? where is darksiders 3? i moved on user, you should too

I'm still baffled it took this long for anyone to compare Darksiders 2 and BotW, even if there's some difference between the both of them the first impression is eerily similar.

I disagree, Darksiders at-least had a decent balance in what option it gave you during combat and with one exception nothing is really overpowered, Darksiders 2 on the other hand really corners you into getting a rage steal weapon and spamming special attacks if you don't want the combat to drag on, on top of that the way they increase difficulty is just turning anything into a OHK tank.

Congratulations OP, I bet you must have stayed up all night trying to figure that one out
Any other sage wisdom you have for us?

Not entirely. Dark Souls its roots in a very legend of zelda type ordeal but I find its only skin deep. Though, considering BOTW now has kind of taken a few ideas from Dark Souls you could have some ground then.

Bingo. DarkSiders wanted to be a lot of things really. Its from a time where some games tried to be God of War, like Sonic unleashed or Castlevania. BOTW is zelda getting with the times and maybe not doing it well. I wonder if George Weidman will be right though and the next legend of zelda game will be the majoras mask to BOTW.

BOTW is trying really hard to be skyrim

Yes, Adventures is a better Zelda game than SS.

/thread

I don't remember anyone defending locked progression.

Anyway, Darksiders are good games anyway and I'm glad more games are copying concepts from Nintendo games.

Shouldn't that just be fucking Dark Souls?

Botw would have been miles better if it had good music. The only memorable song in all the game was the lost forest tune.

Where's the dark souls of casual games?

He posted this opinion in a thread once. I guess the (you)'s he got weren't enough.

I really loathe this Quentin effect where a handful of people agreeing with someone goes to their head. Making a reply wasn't enough, now he's gotta be the OP for more attention.

HAHAHA LELELELELELLELE LOLOLOLO KEKEKEKKE KUKUKUKUKU