ITT: Settings that you would like to see on vidya more often

Why aren't there more games with aettings inspired by greek mediterranean architecture? Nearly every game takes place on some generic fantasy setting or an american city.

Other urls found in this thread:

crappypictures.com/crappy-cat-post-poop-run/
effectgames.com/demos/canvascycle/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Overwatch does this, user.

But that would require playing and buying overwatch.

Internal rendering resolution settings.

Just cause 3 does this.

I want an action game set in aztec ruled mexico

I'm not implying you should play overwatch, but after you implied you are seeking to play a game just for a specific setting, I frown upon your priorities

You are trying a bit too hard, also he is not the one that was interested on said setting.

you know what I tried to convey
also sorry I haven't slept in days so I apologize
help me

Life in a forest with trees so tall the tops are perpetually covered in snow and the forest floor is a hellish nightscape where no one ever returns from.

Go drink water.

Jerk off and go to sleep asap

The first world of Sonic Unleashed is modeled like this, actually. It's only the first part of the game, though; game has you traveling to zones based on various real countries.

There's quite a bit of optional shit and replay value, so you can linger here as long as you like. Of course, it's a Sonic game, so if you hate Sonic games then nevermind.

I'm downloading the Wii version, thanks!

hollow earth

I want more areas like Blackreach in Skyrim. Moria-esque underground caverns that are huge with their own weird biome full of native creatures and shit.

D R A G O N S D O G M A
R
A
G
O
N
S
D
O
G
M
A

ah yeah I was about to say, if you don't want to pay for it you can just emulate the Wii/PS2 one easy

I have the 360 version of the game, so I can't comment on the quality of the Wii one - the level layouts are unique between the console generations.

The game has some flaws but in general the places you can explore are really cool. This town is just one thing, but then you can do shit like race along the great wall of china, bound across skyscrapers in not-New York, all kinds of crazy shit.

R I S E N
I
S
E
N

Where am I?
What am I?

It will never happen, will it?

He said he'd play Sonic Unleashed

Anything related to archeology and ancient egyptian dungeons or deep incan jungles with ancient shrines with golden monkeys, set in the early 20th century, with a suave adventurer piloting his trusty triplane.

Uncharted is too modernized to be exactly what I want. I guess the closest is La-Mulana.
So basically Indiana Jones with a bit of The Mummy thrown in for sillyness and more fantasy.

Why aren't there more games set in Dimensions where people can manipulate the space and matter around them like playdough, leading to everyone building things in a way they want and a very inconsistent aesthetic design to the world?

I would to see more games with a retro futurism style. The only games that have this style that I can think of are Failout and that Nuketown map from Black Ops.

I love the unique themes that games like Pac-Man World 2 had. The treetop levels reminded me a lot of Pocahontas for some reason. While the spooky levels remind me halloween.

The Rayman series is king when it comes to unique settings. Just look at this shit.

I've seen this meme all over Holla Forums. What is it?

The source is from this: crappypictures.com/crappy-cat-post-poop-run/

There's one guy that spams it everywhere hoping it will catch on it won't.

I am just sad that there isn't really much in the way of 16th-17th Century stuff, so you miss out on the Pike and Shot Era.

Favorite area of pretty much any game that has them although I can't think of any good games that did.

you should definitly play this game if you want retro futurism

Westerns.

Besides New Vegas and GTA V, I can't think of any video game with this setting. I think this is my ideal setting, too. There's something majestic about a mountainous desert with the horizon in the distance, making a purple sky.

But I want to go someplace that *isn't* where I live.

The wii version is pretty awful. The waggle in the werehog levels is unbearable.

I heard the PS3/360 version was better.

Mount and blade: with fire and sword is good if you like that.

I'd like to see any non-tycoon game that takes place in a water park. The closest thing I can think of right now is blitzball but that's not quite what I mean

It will never happen, will it?

If you want something that specific you're going to have to make it yourself.

Setting similar to one in Brutal Legend. Brutal world with demons, titans, and where music has magical properties. Shame that a good idea was wasted by Mr. Shitface.
Other interesting settings would be city of Constantinople, ancient Egypt, and non-strategy games set in age of exploration or age of enlightenment.

Skyrim has a vaguely similar area, although it has more in common with Yellowstone.

sauce
fucking capcom, ruining everything they touch

Not enough games in pre-industrial America.

I know the game for you, its called "you have to fertilize the egg".

Termina in Chrono Cross looks sort of like Santorini.

I would legitimately love this.

TERMINA ISN'T ACTUALLY REAL

Aztez

Why do the space aliens fly stuff with bright, flashing lights if they clearly don't want to be noticed by humans?

alium ships are powered by light, I guess sometimes they've got a lot of heavy cargo to transport.

Not entirely sure, but Pillars of Eternity seems on making something similar to OP.
Set on Deadfire, which is some archipelago and scattered islands.
Setting seems to go from pacific isle to desert to (reportedly, although may or may not be in the game) icelands.

Main big city seems to fit OP though, with some island and houses going from beach-level to somewhat high mountainous level.

I live in this setting user, it's quite exhausting to look at all day tbh

When I see these backgrounds I remember why this game stuck so hard on my brain.

Isn't RDR2 kinda in this?

Quake is the only game I can think of that got this right, but the setting I love most is extradimensional exploration, but more rooted in fantasy/cosmic horror than science fiction. The sense of exploring a little slice of a whole other dimension has the same allure as a game itself giving you a window into another world.

What is 'this' that you are talking about?

Extradimensional exploration rooted in fantasy/cosmic horror rather than science fiction?

Whoops

Sid Meiers Colonization.

We really don't have enough western games.

The Secret World has a bunch of Egyptian stuff, but I didn't make it to the zone before my trial ran out. I might pick it up on G2A because it's something like $3 B2P, and the setting is decent - tickles my /x/ side nicely. Some of the puzzles and whatnot require actual thought, and the combat isn't too atrocious for an MMO. Apparently endgame is shit, though.

Not open-world, but Titan Quest.

What about the PS2 version? I don't own a PS360 and the Wii version is already downloaded, gonna play it as soon as i'm done with Madworld.

Italian vineyard village kinda stuff

Chinese and not dynasty warriors style fantasy shit

This.

Try living in Jew Mexico for 12 years. KMS

First World War setting, except it is in future.

try battlefield 1

I want fucking deserts
Preferably sandy shitskin deserts over shitty flat and dry american ones, but those are okay too
Games rarely do them, and when they do they're always small and quickly visited, or you spend all your time in a poorly designed hub city or something
And god fucking forbid a game try to use desert architecture that isn't either wild west or ancient egyptian

Thomas Kinkade environments that get a Silent Hill-style Zalgo rot creeping into/out of them. That or wrecking the shit out of such places with a tank.

Only good game in Steampunk setting is a Arcanum. Its so fucking sad.

Xenoblade Chronicle's setting was fucking awesome. It makes me think of what an Osmosis Jones game would be like.

Something set in a recently terraformed colony, where you have an Earth like environments clashing with the native one.

An RPG where you play as a cyborg, where money can be used to repair yourself, upgrade your modules and shit

I remember Phantasy Star 3 being something like that. But I could have the details wrong because it was ages ago.

I'm not sure how to describe it (dense forest area?) except as something like the Elwynn forest. Place was too goddamn comfy.

I want a game set in this stuff:
effectgames.com/demos/canvascycle/

Never gonna happen because consoles can't handle something like that.

Because americucks are unimaginative, unworldly, cultureless twats

More like they ripped off Bionicle. Fuck they had such a cool mythos. Too bad it was relegated to being edgy legos.

sounds like someones salty about being inferior.

That last image is full of autism the whole entire World they're on is Mata Nui.

I think "Good games" were implied user.

Pre columbian cultures, I want an Apocalypto videogame.
I want to sacrifice people to Quetzalcoatl the big tittied god

FOV settings. Too many games don't have em…

PS2 version is just the Wii version without the waggle and slightly worse visuals.

Your best bet is to get Sonic Generations and then install the Unleashed Project which is a huge mod that ports over all the day stages from the PS360 version of unleashed to PC. IIRC they even made an addon for the DLC levels.

Is Deadfire actually going to be any good though? I played the first game, and it was a 5/10 maybe a 6. A lot of the characters were pretty unbearable. I'm hoping that it is, especially considering the sailing portion and the chance to fight sea monsters and other ships.

What's the difference between yogurt and the US? If you leave yogurt alone for 100 years it develops a cuture

But those are supposed to be mayans.
Nevermind that they have nothing in common with mayan culture and are affected by aztec memes, they are mayans because mel gibson said so.

They want to get a qt human gf to probe and cuddle.

Best setting ever.

Iron storm, is ww1 in the 60s.

Dark colony, space redneck nazis vs ayyys.