The Surge gets announced

Weeelllppp.

Don't buy this anons, its lords of the fallen 2 but they altered the art, and if you never played that LotF is the anti Nioh. Its trash.

because what they showed just looked boring as hell not to mention slow

So's the first couple of minutes of every souls game.
Well except bloodborne, but its hard to top a fucked up looking werewolf in a victorian hospital covered in gore.

with a name as generic as "The Surge" I'm surprised the developers themselves didn't forget about it a day into development.

It's like one of my monkey paw wishes.

Lords of the Fallen was allright.

It's better than one of the Dark Souls games, whichever the shittest one is. I forget.

In the genre of "games like Demons Souls" which consist of about 10 games, it's number 9.

It doesn't compare favourably to Dark Souls, but that doesn't make it a bad game. It's worst crime is being derivative and kind of generic.

I'm not telling people to go buy it. I said it was the second worst game in it's genre.

I touched this post
Mods gib funny ban text pls

I remember watching the gameplay and not being able to finish it because it was so goddamn boring. The power armor looked bad too

holy fuck you're such a sensitive faggot.

Why the hell do people keep trying to ape Dark Souls gameplay one for one? DaS was an excellent game but it still very much had flaws. Yet these dumbass devs keep making not only inferior copies but don't even attempt to fix its problems. They don't try anything new, they just make a poor attempt at riding on its coattails. That's why Bloodborne was a MUCH better game than DaS3; it built on the mechanics but also was very unique. DaS3 was just more of the same with one or two changes. If it's a different game I want to play a different fucking game. If I wanted to play DaS again I'd go play DaS again.

The only game I've played that took cues from DaS without being rehash crap was Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. If you're going to make a DaS inspired game then it better god damn well be unique and interesting enough to be more than just "an inferior copy of Dark Souls".

lack of creative and it sold well
same reason most open world games tried to copy the horrible ubishit open world style

The irony is Dark Souls is just a fusion of ocarina of time and castlevania on the NES. Its only special because it was regressive not progressive. Which of course is what the neet wants.

>>>Holla Forums

You have to go back to your Holla Forums vs Holla Forums argument threads.

What? Are you feeling lewd over that statement?

That's a simple way to describe it but hardly accurate. DaS and DeS before it absolutely took ideas from the n64 Zeldas for the basics of the combat system but built quite a lot upon it.

Why is this a thing now? Every game is following Bloodbornes gameplay and failing horribly from nioh to DS3 why cant we just get an entirely new genre instead I'm bored and annoyed at these shitty DS knock offs and the communities that follow them I hate hearing these autistic wannabe intellectuals say "JUST WATCH THE PATTERN"

DaS gets me hot and bothered too

PC fedoracore or couldn't get past hinoenma?

It's a good action RPG combat system. But the thing is, even if you're eating good food, if you keep eating the same dish for every meal every day you're going to get tired of it pretty damn fast.

Neither I just think it sucks

Lords of the Fallen had some very poorly made bosses. The final boss in particular was pitiful.
The surge looked kind of interesting but the amount of COOL SLOW MOTION CLOSE UP BRUTAL EXECUTIONS seemed like ass and the whole "you can cut off enemy limbs and use them" sounds like the biggest load of shit I've ever heard and I doubt Team13 can pull it off.