Toukiden 2

Not Monster Hunter by Koei 2 as just been released.
Crack soon
Discuss.

How does it compare to God Eater?
Never played the first one.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/
gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Toukiden 2 is neither monster hunter or a warriors game. It is some sort of phantasy star online set in ancient mythological japan now. Or a game like those wanky mmos set in ancient china, but with slightly better combat.

Blade & Soul is the best thing to compare it to, or Tera online.

That actually sounds promising, the combat in those games is fairly decent, but them being MMO shit bring them down besides the shit localization of course.

Loved the demo but it's nothing like Monster Hunter, if anything it's sorta like PSO 2 or a faster Dragon's Dogma in a Japanese setting and thank god for that. There was no loading screen in the demo( not even when you enter in your house or enter/left the village), it's Open world but you can pick a mission and it will limit a area of combat but you can explore the world freely if you want, there are mobs and bosses walking around the world so you don't even need pick up missions to farm. Overall i liked a lot but i don't know if there is plenty of content or if it's as bare bones as Dragon's Dogma.

That actually sounds pretty gud

That sounds better than I was expecting
How are the Boss fights?

Well, god eater was toukiden but with shit atmosphere, so I'd say you can only go up from there.

I forgot that actually there is loading when you pick a mission and leave the village so it teleport you, the boss battles are like PSO 2 like but if you learn to use the Demon hand thing you can to aerial battles or even use it to travel around between trees, the Dragon's Dogma aspect is like when you are exploring the world and some dragon or huge mobs shows up at random.

I forgot to add, a Nippon friend told me there are raids and stuff like that and infinity mode but i can't confirm because i just played the demo, also TK is making a F2P MMO version too but it will probably never leave japan. Don't expect the greatest thing ever made but i do believe it's well worth a pirate, if the port is not terrible.

Is it worth playing Toukiden Kiwami? I've read the PC port is pretty bad.

the port is pretty awful, but it's playable if:
-you have a controller
-don't mind playing at 30fps
there is a rare bug of sorts where the game gets stuck at 15fps, leaving the area fixes it.

The God Hand ports were pretty good which makes me hopeful this one will be as well.

Fuckoff Griffith

But can you be the little girl?
This is important.

see

Interesting.
As long as kekmo didn't do a kekmo-tier port I'll be getting it for sure.

Does koei use some dumb proprietary online service or will the multiplayer work just fine on a pirated copy?

did it ever do?

Every single port they've done so far has used steam for online so it should be possible with smartsteamemu and pirated copies afaik

ye

WELL DONE KT!
From what people are saying this is another masterful KT port that does not work at full screen and crashes at random.

Apparently it has debungo:

steamcommunity.com/app/551730/discussions/0/133259956022300228/

Koei never puts drm on their games, I'm downloading it as I speak.

How's smartsteamemu work? Don't I have to tweak it for every different game?

Ok I just saw some people are calling bullshit on the OP. Let's wait and see.

Is there a demo for pc?

is denuvo really worth in a publisher eyes? i mean u get some sales early but you lose a bunch of paying customers later

Is it at least 60 fps this time? 30 is unplayable to me.

Probably stupid question but what frame rate does it run at? Is it locked at 30?

Yeah this looks very much like PSO2, which is a good thing.

it's 60fps, i will test it shortly but other are claiming it's another KT quality port.

Was Toukiden 1 ever cracked?

Kiwami? as soon as it was released

Huh, slowly learning are they?
I wonder how many years will it take to general jap dev to reach unlimited framerate glory of PSO2, which is ironically jap game as well.

been playing the demo and getting my copy in tomorrow. It's been pretty fun for me so far.
A huge improvement over the last two games just from the demo alone.

The weapons are more enjoyable to use, the Demon Hand is fucking cool, and i'm digging the Open World aspect. Plus, swinging from tree to tree in the forest with the Demon Hand like i'm fucking Tarzan of Japan is pretty damned fun. I haven't quite gotten the hang of it myself, as you can see. But you get the idea

This doesn't look very fun.

That's how real fights work, autist-kun, it's super fun.

this, never played any games from this series but ive been watching videos even high level demons but none move fast or attack often. shit looks boring as fuck

I agree with you that it's too easy and "slow". Like God Eater this is nowhere near MHFU difficult level, it's far faster and easier but to me it's pretty fun, also not abusing NPCs helps a little.

yeah. The NPCs tend to make it pretty easy. Only taking one NPC with you makes it much more fun.

That OP is a retard, Koei doesn't use denuvo and the game is already on all the major trackers

idk I've only ever used it once, iirc it "just werks", ofc you need a real steam account and if you're not retarded you'll use a throwaway

yeah you can grab the demo from pirateityouretard.hownu.ru

OK PC port report:

-runs at 60fps and i didn't have any drops, so far that is.
-Didn't have any crashes, so far.
-bare bones Graphic options, exactly like Kiwami or any KT game
USE A CONTROLLER
-you can use keyboard but it's shit
CPU AT 100%
just like Atelier ports, the CPU will hit 100% usage for no good reason, hopefully they will fix this quickly but it's KT we are talking about.

Way more playable than Kiwami at release but it's a KT quality port still

Fuck that sounds irritating, I'm about to install myself to check, hopefully I don't get that issue

Not this fucking shit again

Question, gameplay wise, how does it compare to Kiwami?

Is there at least mouse support?

it doesn't stays at 100% at all times but still pretty bad.

nope, just keyboard.

Combat wise it's almost the same but faster and with the Demon hand/grappling hook you can do some pretty cool aerial battles or move around trees and cliffs. There is separated areas anymore, it's open world but when you are doing a mission the game makes a "mission area" and limit where you can walk( kinda like MGS V).

Depends on the game. The rule of thumb is that the more you rely on marketing to sell, the more damaging piracy can be, so if you have a mediocre or shitty big budget game with heavy marketing, piracy will be a disaster and preventing the game from getting cracked for at least a week would pay off.

In the case if Toukiden 2 it would be rather pointless since it's not big budget or heavily marketed and apparently it's not shitty either, so the effect of piracy will range from inconsequential to free advertising, especially since it's kekmo and a lot of people will want to avoid paying for the game until they can confirm it works on their machine.

Yeah there's no way I'm running this shit, hopefully it gets patched.

You might as well download the pirated version and find out if it runs well on your system.

the same CPU as me and i run it just fine, CPU bug aside.

tfw too retard to know use smartsteamemu

The CPU usage doesn't mean you need a good CPU, it's a bug precisely because it tops CPU usage no matter what CPU you have. This is only a problem because of potential overheating if you have a crappy cooling fan or if you want to run stuff in the background while playing the game.

Here are my impressions of the demo

- Each weapon feels very different and each has its own quirks that make then fun to use and experiment
- The atmosphere is comfy
- The maps are relatively big and mostly seemless. Leaving and entering the main village isn't interrupted by a loading screen, which is nice
- Movement is mostly quick and fluid
- Great waifu material

- The camera and lock-on aren't great
- While the moveset for each weapon is different, none of them change overtime (i.e. you don't obtain new moves or combos – at least nothing implied that you would)
- The strategy for all enemies are basically the same. Once you get used to your prefered weapon you basically fall into a routine not unlike an MMO rotation.
- Your companions are INSANELY overpowered. While exploring the field with a full party you have no need to lift a finger when enemies show up. They gang up on anything as soon as they're in range.
- I didn't find the Demon Hand very fun to use

It seems like a fun game to play with friends, but not much else

the move set shit is the same issue i have with MH, it gets tiresome after a while especially if you don't keep changing weapons, but i didn't expect a DMC or Bayonetta move set anyway so it's not THAT big of a issue to me but i wish it did have that type of gameplay. Now the NPCs are insane indeed, maybe they didn't want to put brain dead idiots like those of God Eater but damn they overdid it, it's like Kiwami when i was just running around collecting shit and they would kill shit before i could attack, if you want some challenge DO NOT USE COMPANIONS. CPU issues aside, i like it and it is pretty fun, but it's nothing amazing just pretty good.

Never got into MH because I haven't owned a Nintendo system or a hand held in years. Played the PSP and Wii games on emulators but realized that MH is just not that that fun without Multiplayer. However, I did like Kiwami as a single player game for the most part aside from the fact that it felt a bit bullet spongy at times until you grind better gear. The gated "Open World" organic game play and better story presentation with immediately more charismatic characters (even thought its a derivative rehash of the original plot) has me sold. I've even went back and started playing Kiwami again in anticipation. If Koei continues to iterate and innovate with each installment this series could easily become better then Monster Hunter in my humble opinion.
Can't lie Loli scientist and Busty Slayer really sold me on this. Its Also odd satisfying to see a sequel to a game actually be better than its original in CR++.

With the disappointment that were MHX and XX it wouldn't surprise me if this game is better, I'm going to go ahead and try it.

Good to hear, I'll try it out.

I love MonHun.
I hate GodsEater with a passion.
I thought Soul Sacrifice was adequate, but shallow.
I've never played a Phantasy Star game other than the Genesis JRPGs.

What are the odds that I'd like Toukiden 2?
I want to do some fresh huntan, but I get really bummed when a game holds my hand or doesn't give me enough mechanics and grindan to chew on.

Man they fixed everything I had a problem with in the first two games.

Anyone got any good character combinations?

Even thought the first game was a MH clone comparing Toukiden 2 to MH is not fair for the sequel. Imagine if MH map was open world with no loading screens and all the side quest where given to you out in the battlefield and there where secret items and bosses to find just by exploring the map but you also had the power of Spiderman's web slinger (or AOT omni-directional mobility gear) to traverse the map and clime on bosses to get opportune attacks. You could just play the demo its the entire first chapter of the game if you have a PS4.

From the thread I take it's another usual KT port. The last game was unplayable due to crashes when talking to a character

Does the game force you to play with 3 other AI fucks? What kind of progression mechanics are involved? Does it have a similar depth of mechanics that Monster Hunter has?

People are so quick to call any game where you hunt big monsters an attempt to copy Monster Hunter without realising what exactly makes those games good.

Demo is on Vita as well.

The only issue I've had on PC so far is the high CPU usage.

Nah, you can go solo if you want to, and have up to 3 AI which makes the game pretty easy in the beginning. But I dunno how it'll end up towards the endgame.

Does the balance change relating to the AIs you bring along? Will I have to spend 4 times as long killing shit?

No. The monster hp does not scale with party memebers.

from what I've heard from some that imported the game awhile back; apparently there is some mitamas have a skill that make you more powerful with the less companions you battle with

Well, there goes my interest.

So you want the enemies to be bullet sponges..?

What? No, I want the opposite - the monsters should have 1/4th of the HP, because I can put out 1/4th of the damage alone.

Steam or PS4 version?

Am I going to be able to find people to play it with or no?

I don't wanna play it alone.

No clue if the the PC port is good or not, but the PS4 version lets you play with vita users and japanese players so it has the bigger online base

Well it's currently the top seller on Steam, depending on the port you could go either way

is the game any difficult? everything i see is just boss monsters standing still gettin whacked and dont attack back often, is this every single fucking boss? are there any bosses where it pushes your shit? is the game as satisfying as monhun

I hear the port runs at 60FPS, but doesn't have mouse support.

I'm fine with either version, personally, as long as I can find someone to play with.

Can't convince any of my friends to play with me either.

Ok. Think of it this way. The big oni (boss monsters) are already easy as if. Having allies just makes it overkill. To give you an idea, in the demo, I was able to kill the windshredder with chapter 1 gear in 2 minutes 30 seconds.

I always thought that you don't need it in action games. I played DMC3 and LOK Defiance on KB alone perfectly fine.
But then I played MGR and PSO2 and yeah, you absolutely need mouse support.
gamepads are shit

Character Customization isn't bad.

yeah the HP of Oni in this version is significantly toned down compared to the original where they where all bullet sponges. You can easily solo them now at least early game. However the game seems to makeup in numbers what they lack in HP. They tend to have not only Multiple boss Oni on the field very early in the game but also have a ton of adds.

Ok I'm finally trying it out and my CPU usage is always around 85%, so it's not completely topped but it still manages to heat it up more than usual since the usage never goes down at all, temp is in the 50-55ºC range when it's usually under 40. So it's still perfectly safe to play though I do have a not-shit cooling fan. BTW my CPU is an i5 6600k.

As for problems and crashes, it crashed the first time I tried to start it in fullscreen mode, so I switched to windowed and then switched back to fullscreen from the ingame options menu, strangely it hasn't crashed again when I start in fullscreen. It also crashed the first time I exited the game from the main menu but again it only happened the first time and now it doesn't crash anymore. Luckily it hasn't actually crashed during gameplay and it runs well, but I've only played a little bit.

Can't even play the game cause it always crash on startup for me.
But maybe that's because i'm an idiot

No the game's probably the easiest game I've played in a long while, and I play the atelier series

Try starting in windowed mode.

What is everyone's favorite mitama? I have been liking luck so far with deceit for my armor and defense for arm.

So this game is kind of fun. As a MonHun fag, I'm still trying to find a weapon that feels satisfying, though. I keep going back and forth between hammer and naginata, and they just don't feel right.
I thought spear would be cool, but it's slow, rooted pokes and nothing else.
The dual blades look fun, but they feel like you're hitting monsters with wet noodles.
The gloves are slightly fun to use, but they seem to have an extremely limited moveset.
Going to try Sword and Shield next.

I hope I can find one I like soon, because I've already got 5 hours in this game, and I'd like to start using the blacksmith. I just don't want to waste materials on something I'm never going to use.

I haven't found any Mitama that I really like yet, but I only have ~10 of them so far. I pretty much just use them for their passive boosts, since none of their abilities are that awe-inspiring yet.

Sadly do not work

Oh good it's not only me!

Are you playing on a laptop? The game defaults to integrated graphics.

Nope. Playing on PC

I tried messing around in Nvidia 3D control panel but no luck

my cpu is going at 90 Celsius kek did they fix this shit on atelier?

Haha no.
If you ever click with your mouse it'll forcibly alt tab you.

Welp, same here. Bravo CODEX.

Atelier Sophie got fixed and before that it had a community dll to force only one or two cores to be used. No such dll for Toukiden 2 so far but maybe there is a way to limit the amount of cores through the OS. Making the game use only one or two cores would help a lot with overheating.

Nevermind CODEX, bunch of people who bought the offical release also experienced the crash.

More like Bravo Koei

How's the multiplayer population looking like on both systems? I'm deciding whether to get it for the PC or PS4/Vita, and being able to play with others is kind of an important aspect with this kind of game for me.

Uhh… Cool mechanic?

Check your redistributables. It doesn't force you to install them unlike steam.

I did bruh

It's dead, Jim.

Has there been any fixes for the high cpu usage?

lol hitler stache option #6
also 54 types of noses

It's like you're some special breed of retard.

If I bought this game and it didn't run, I would be even a bigger retard.
And from what's posted in this thread, the game is so fucking easy anything more than 1 NPC companion makes the game a cakewalk so why the fuck would I play this with other player?

somebody be my 2kiden buddy:

steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/

Dead on release.

In 4U with solid players, we would still have at least 1 guy cart at a decent rate when hunting hard enemies like Rajang or Raging brachydos. There are still challenges in those monsters and you can pick the good fight, shit even in big monsters like aktor you would get a kart.

I'm trying to avoid commenting on this because I stopped playing the game at 2 hours to guarantee my chances of a refund if I can't find anyone to play with and I just honestly don't have enough exposure to the game to know how true it is whether the game is easy or not.

I, personally, just want to find ONE (1) other person to play with and not just go full-on open-room four-player gank squad on enemies.

Are some of the enemies easy? Yeah. But also, some of the enemies are difficult.

As an addendum:
a lot of deaths in Monster Hunter I've had come almost entirely from being greedy and/or using an attack with a long animation, but in 2kiden none of the weapons are slow enough for that to really be a meaningful problem insofar as I see.

I need to know something before I start looking into this; I passed on the first game because it seemed like it got a really lukewarm reception across the board, but, there was one aspect of it that really interested me: is the Kunai and Chain still an available weapon?

Thats some pretty good taste you got there lad.

There is a whole category of chain weapons with all kinds of retarded shit at each end.

To anons who had crash on startup, try to install all the update for your windows through windows update.

I did that and now it worked!

If thats the price then its not worth it

How do Status weapons stack up in this game?
I built a paralysis Sword+Shield, and I thought it'd proc like crazy considering the insane attack rate of the offense mode, but I rarely if ever seem to actually paralyze the monsters.
Is it best to ignore status in favor of raw or elemental weapons?

Sold.

Same shit here.
dropped

470 hrs
446 hrs
246 hrs on record

Alright i fixed it.
the game requires you to have a windows update installed, specifically KB2670838
which is funny because a while back I remember reading the port for Dead Rising didn't have audio if you didn't have internet explorer 11 installed (this was later fixed in an update of the game.)
Still no fucken 16:10 support.

Well, fuck me.

How do I de-aggro this cunt?

This is retarded.

nvm, found out you can just walk away if you keep running into the barrier

Same. I love the difficulty of Monster Hunter, but not the speed. This game is fast but looks too easy. Think I'll wait a bit.

I buy a lot of games, but fuck that shit. Also:

lol?

I always play MH games solo because of that, so I imagine this game would be more fun solo as well

so some people are reporting that updating windows fixed the CPU spikes. But I don't want to update windows to find out

and it is, early on that is, the NPCs are way too overpowered and aggressive but that shit don't last long, by Phase 3 and so on the difficult spikes by a lot and the NPCs will still save your ass from time to time but they can no longer carry you so you will die quite a lot if you give the bosses too many openings.

Wut? a Window update fix that shit? do you have the update name?

anyone using the pirate version with steamworks fix for multiplayer?

we should all join up to do some missions.

Does it have a PC demo or do I have to pirate?

I disabled wingblows update after the update service was constantly maxing CPU usage for no reason. How ironic.

I disabled windows updates when I found out that Winblows 7 introduced spyware similar to win10.

not sure, I just saw people saying updating windows worked when reading other threads online.

Reminder that the best weapon is the rifle. A lot of mitamas are now viable which is nice as well. It used to be only where Attack and speed were useful.

I got a Defense/Defense/Luck set up for gauntlets, it gives you a pairing bonus for two and then the peace bonus on top of it. Shit is great.
Then for Rifles I got a full Space Mitama set up that strengthens rifles, shortens the cool down for paradox, increases paradox's stock and increases it's power. On top of using ABS shot, Oni get stuck in one spot for 90 percent of the fight, it's beautiful when I play with my friends.

ABS and PRC = Best Shots and holy fuck they actually let you have a paralysis rifle in the game early on

I had some performance issues at first, but it seems that reinstalling the directx and vcredist fixed it.
Now it runs smooth as butter with everything maxed out.

I'm seeing posts talking about a parry in gamefags. I may be completely retarded, I missed that mechanic entirely, how do you parry in this game?

Use a demon hand on an oni when it attacks you. Also the Naginata has it's own parry move.
Talk to the guy to the right of the guy that sets up quests in the hall and there is training quests that show you how to do both.

well shit, I updated windows and updated my GPU drivers (because I could always uninstall the updates if they fuck me) to test this out. Now the game crashes at launch and other games that where running fine (like NuDoom) are having issues. I am trying to resolve the problem now but "updating windows" wasn't the solution in my experience. I am also looking into updating DirectX end-user runtimes manually. I'll update you if I find a solution. Currently downloading Toukiden to reinstall it. This also might be why the CODEX version is crashing. Does Koei have a history of fixing there games because I was enjoying this until it just decided to stop working.

(also what the deal is with NVIDYA? it seems like every other Driver update is a crap shoot. Might get one per mount and the first make everything ether run beautifully and then the next which often comes a few days latter fucks everything up.)

Okay, I got FitGirl repack and it still crashes after launcher so I figured it's not CODEX's or IGG's faulty torrent.
However, turns out I had to download the KB2670838 update for Windows 7 so it can run properly. Fucking Microshit and their updates. Also I don't get 100% CPU usage either.

Based retards.

Just spent all day removing every update. Now back to pre-2015 win7, updated just to see if it would fix the CPU memory leak for Toukiden. Instead the game stopped working and crash after Launcher with no solution about to restart my PC. Fucking sucks, I was enjoying this game. Should have just got the PS4 version.

clean your shit up user
gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9

What didn't you understand about my post?
This game has Poison and Paralysis just like MonHun, and I was wondering if they're any good.

I've since tested things out, and it seems like the most effective weapon is high raw+dex, by a large margin - just like MonHun where high raw+affinity also trumps.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO? UPDATE WINDOWS?!

I haven't updated windows 7 in a while and I sure as hell don't want to go through the grueling tediousness that was removing shit from the "big" update

Based retard.

Who is the cutest mitama?

We'll have to find out which one I cum inside hardest, won't we?

This game has solid waifu potential
who is best waifu?
And why is it Hatsuho

PC port is shit right now and KT isn't great about fixing their shit very fast. PS4, while capped at 30, maintains 30 pretty well, I've only had a few drops every now and again, and no issues or bugs/crashing etc either.

you can make an Ara you know user.
There's a 100%-Milf female voice, and you can give your feMC massive tits too.

it is a pretty cool mechanic though. Pulling off an Oni Throw when an Oni is charging your party is pretty damned fun and satisfying. An Oni Burial is a pretty good way to tear off a hard-to-reach breakable piece of the oni as well. Like the Horn on Petros' back.

Nice dubs Fuhrer, but Hatsuo a shit. Tsubaki is clearly the best.

yo this game has tomboys? fucking tell me more i thought it was just a MH knockoff

she's easy to bully. Most of the time when you have a dialog option there's one that will have you tease/bully her. Not that your dialog options seem to make any lasting impact beyond possibly improving your relationship with the NPC. She's easily embarrassed though, like in the pics I posted. Even her dad likes to bully her.

And if you want an Ara, you can either make a female character and BE the Ara, or just take Benizuki with you all the time. She is pretty ara from what i'm seeing so far.

Nah, not my thing really. She's cute, but not as cute as Tsubaki. and Tsubaki has almost no artwork

But this isn't an online multiplayer game, is it?

How the fuck do Tenkos work? What do they even do?
What I've worked out so far:

I understand that eventually you can equip them with Mitama that act as a fourth slot to further boost your shit, but how in the what in the fuck.

I don't think anyone has much artwork from these games, they should honestly just go full dating sim with current gameplay for the next one

It's like MH, you can party up with 3 others and do missions, but not explore the open world

I got mine to affection 2 after feeding him every time I could for hours, I'm starting to question if this is worth it, they should be able to accompany you regardless of their mood imo I don't want to feed the fucker rice everytime I want to bring him

it HAS online multiplayer, yes. But I've been playing solo and having a blast.

forgot to add to my last reply.
The first two games, Age of Demons and Kiwami, pretty much are. They're worse at being a MonHun clone than God Eater is.
But calling Toukiden 2 a Monster Hunter clone would be a pretty sore comparison. Toukiden 2 does so much more different now that it really sets itself apart. I mean at it's core, it IS still a "Monster Hunting" game. However, Toukiden 2 has so much more that the other games MonHun included simply doesn't have. For starters, the story is actually interesting and I've found myself to actually care about these characters. The demon hand is so unbelievably fucking cool. Performing and Oni Throw is one of the most satisfying "GOTCHA BITCH" moments I've ever experienced in a game and that's with over 1000 hours in the MonHun series under my belt. Add that all on top of the vast weapon improvements, mitama balancing, weapon upgrade system, the lack of needing to seriously grind out gear you want in early game dunno about late game, and you've got one of the best damn Hunting games to come out. Monster Hunter 5 will really have to pull out all the stops to beat out Toukiden 2.

Go play the demo user. Get a taste for yourself.

I would be diamonds if they did this, holy shit.
> unlockable sexy outfits you can have your spouse/gf wear instead of their default gear
I want this so badly

oh there's a demo? i'll give it a shot for sure. i'm so used to demos getting phased out i didn't even think to check

i feel you there. Not only that though, the demo carries over your save data completely. So you'll pick right back up where you left off in the demo if you get the full game. That's how the PS4/Vita demo is at least. Don't know about the PC one

i have both options, any clear cut reasons to lean towards the pc or the ps4 version?

the PS4 version is capped to 30 frames, but the PC port is an absolute mess from what I've been reading. If you aren't bothered by a 30-frame cap with very few, and minor at that, frame drops, then I'd say the PS4 version, since playing with a controller is better anyway. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to try both and see which version you like better.

i'll go ps4 if i like the demo then 30FPS is easier to deal with than messy ports usually

So the game is worth playing solo? I don't have any friends

yeah, I don't trust KT with PC ports, so I went with the PS4 version as well

absolutely. That's all i've been doing is playing solo with an NPC or two of course. I haven't played online yet.

Cool, I'm not gonna pay 50+ bucks for a port though so I guess I'll try it out if I can find a download

Good luck user. The PC port is a mess, just so you know.

jesus christ what the hell is KT doing

It's funny, I considered making screenshots exactly once and it was the same scene.

What's so bad about the PC port?
Runs almost stable 60fps on my old duo core?
No mouse support?

dropped

it was a pretty funny scene

a lot of people have reported that it runs their CPU up to 100%, and many many other reports of the game crashing even in single player. I've also read that multiplayer crashes the game even more often.

I thought it was just my hardware but now I remember checking it and seeing it run at high cpu usage even when at the title screen. It's weird how the cpu usage often reaches cap without actually affecting framerate so it looks similar to the Atelier Sophie bug.
I guess if you have a modern cpu having it run for hours like that would get hot, but I'm used to my cpu being the bottleneck and my cooler can handle it so I don't notice it.
Reached high rank now and never got a crash. I know there's a certain way to crash the game on unpatched v1.0 when synthesizing. Maybe crashes are steam related and cracked versions are just more stable.

wouldn't be the first time that's been a thing, that's for sure.

Anyone know if you can/how to get online with a cracked copy?

smartsteamemu and an uncracked copy should work but may not work.
Haven't tested because no friends to play with.

might not work? english not good

Uncracked? And yeah, I have no friends either but maybe Holla Forums is interested in playing. Also, may or might both sound correct.

Search for smartsteamemu 1.4.2 and it's explained in detail.
As yuro I'm out of luck trying to play with people here. Only turn based games make sense with transatlantic ping.

I love Tsubaki

so i'm messing around in the demo with club and it kinda feels dated right out of the gate, battering imps seems kind of unsatisfying

Club is pretty slow, and you have to attack with the tip of the club. If you're gonna be going through a bunch of Small oni, you'll want something with reach and sweeping attacks like the Chain Whip or Naginata

Lucky for you battering imps isn't what the game is about, it's about the big bois

yeah i just pummeled some spider because a small dog requested it, i think i missed something in the tutorial regarding how limb damage works, after knocking off a limb and it enters the translucent limb does that mean that limb is now weaker or i should ignore it?

i was just going in it like monster hunter and smashing the things face mostly

Attacking the clear limb lets you damage the oni directly, you can only damage an oni's HP when the sky is purple, the limb is purple, or it's enraged, otherwise you don't do any damage. Switching to other parts means more materials and clear time isn't really affected so… yeah go for all the parts unless you're soloing

thanks for the info

i'll mess around with the demo more later, i just sorta wish the weapon impacts felt a little better though

Just finished chapter 3, things got pretty crazy there. I actually thought I was almost at the end of the story already. Glad that's not the case. In fact, it seems things are only just now really beginning.

So its like Dragon's Dogma Online? where you form a party in the hub world/town then go to the open world and do shit? how do the party system works, how do the open world works?

Do you know how goddamn hard it was to make a character this British?

Anyone tried multiplayer with smartsteamemu yet or willing to try it out?

Apparently multiplayer works with revolt crack and legit steam through invites.
Haven't tested it myself yet.

I tested it and it works.

PC report for a CRACKED copy from Codex:
Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2gb
FX-8350 @4.0 GHz
16GB DDR3 1866 MHz

Solid 60FPS, CPU usage at around 55%
No crashes, using controller.
room gets pretty fucking hot, though

Holy fucking shit no fucking mouse fucking support, it could be so much better and easier to aim those fucking oni hands and kunais with a mouse.

The key icons are also a huge fucking stupidity since they only show the xbox controller ones and not the ones your keyboard is bound to so you have to guess which button is which until you memorize it. I also have to use joytokey to use the controller because no game ever recognizes my shitty controller

Alt tabbing causes the weirdest thing in the game, after you do it and tab back the mouse now shows on screen but it still works as if you were not on the game so I ended up opening some folders because I clicked on an icon on my desktop (while in the game) and pressed enter to continue so it opened my documents folder.

Fucking piece of shit weird ass port, I really wanted to buy it because it looks and plays really cool but this is a half assed port with random slow downs and always 100% cpu usage.

Forgot image

but sorry the port isn't working out for you user

I'm getting 100% cpu and some super slow ass loading times with some shit not even loading in cutscenes. I have the update that everyone said to use (KB2670838) I've tried reinstalling the vcredist or just the whole game and nothing has helped. I randomly get crashes on startup too. God dammit I just want to be ara ara nippon tarzan.

WHERE THE FUCK DO I GET ROARING BUDS?

is that a material? press square when viewing a material to see where to get it

Fuck I don't want to grind ruin missions

Autistic question, but what time period is Toukiden set in Japan?
I know the timeline of the world is distorted and Nakatsu Kuni is kind of a fictional world. But is it set during Meiji Japan or something?
I'm confused after seeing Toukiden 2 saying the Awakening occurred during the Meiji Era during the Year 1000 of the Age of Demons.

I tried thinking of this back when I was playing Kiwami and I just flat out gave up. I thought that since there's Mitama after Japan opened its harbors and you have shit like Admiral Perry, I thought their time line would be fairly recent especially since guns already exist. But that doesn't seem to be the case with how antiquated everything else is unless everyone is just super traditional.

The Awakening in 2 also shows that they have access to steam ships and gatling guns so it should definitely be some time in the late 1800s or early 1900s but Gwen flat out says that it's July 10, 1010 when you meet her. Either the slayer organization is using a completely different calendar system or time is just so fucked that it's not worth keeping track of.

none and all i think, Toukiden Japan is outside time and space since the Oni who the game claim are from long long past and capable to traveling through time and distort space, supposedly after the Awakening everything is in complete chaos and people are pulled in by the Oni or some unknown force into this mess from different ages.

I noticed that they do dig around treasure and purify shit too.
Also they give you gifts and stuff.

I do wonder if they leave?
I was rising the affection with the first one and now I can't find the bugger.

Are they located somewhere else?

There is a way to make your mouse+keyboard emulate a gamepad using a combination of two or three programs, but no native support for mouse.

So whatdo if you dont have a legit copy of windows?

Can you play online with a cracked version?

read the thread user >>12237116

post characters!

They purify oni parts, draw attention from the oni giving you more openings to attack, find items and when you equip a mitama they increase it's experience/they gain an extra ability to use to help you in fights.

When it runs near you and has a (press button/X) bubble above it, that means you can interact with it to increase it's mood/affection. That way when it's stamina burns out and it heads back home it's mood/affection won't drop all the way to 0

your character is pretty cute.
If it weren't for the self-insert nature of the story, i'd have made a girl character too.
can you show me what the female Naval and Succuwing armors look like?

I've wound up using the BlackFleck armor more than anything else right now, since it's the best I have access too at the moment, but it's been the best for a while now. I guess I should just move through the story more The Naval set has much lower defense, but stupidly high Aegis.

t-thanks!
JUST started the game and have no time to play for a few weeks. Sorry, sagrada familia.
Your character looks pretty damn smol cool. The huge gauntlets in the first pic look pretty silly, though.

Oh I see. Sucks that you won't be able to play for a few weeks.
He's not that short, it's just the default height.
Oh user, that's nothing.

Did you manage to get multiplayer working with the cracked version?

I tried the mace as my first weapon but it feels so unrewarding. Does it get fun with actually decent upgrades?

Didn't attempt it because I have no friends.
It seems to work fine, at least according to
support the japs if you can, the western game market is pretty bad currently. I'm probably going to buy the game if I continue to like it.

not really, with the Club, you get what you see. Just attack with the tip and power yourself up and keep attacking with the tip. It hits pretty damned hard, but it's not anything spectacular in terms of how it looks when fighting.

I've found Spear and Chain Whip to be much more gratifying to use. Although they both have lower attack, they can dole out more hits much faster. Spear in particular i've taken a big shine to recently. Naginata ain't too shabby either. For ranged weaponry, I rely more on the bow. The rifle takes a little too much micromanaging imo, switching out ammo types or loading a magazine with multiple types, it feels kinda clunky. The "dump all ammo" animation is pretty cool-looking though. I feel like Sword/Shield has a lot of potential for cuhrayzee, but I can't really dig it. I wind up just sticking to attack mode for it, more often than not.

Have you played all the tutorial missions for all the weapons? If not, you DEFINITELY should. When they become available, do all the mitama and demon hand ones too. You'll have a much greater appreciation for how to utilize each Mitama and the demon hand not that the demon hand is complex or anything.

I liked the spear as well. I wonder if it's possible to backup my cracked copy's save files and dump them into the legitimate copy?

couldn't tell you. But I can tell you that you're probably better off playing the cracked version, since the steam version seems to have quite a bit of issues with 100% CPU usage and crashing frequently.

In Toukiden 2, the caption for the time in the intro states it's 1900, so probably the Slayers use a calendar set around 900 years behind.

Anyone? Just like I expected I installed the game and ran into this issue

Anyone knows how the game plays with possible 200-250 ping? Is it heavily based on client side so you don't even notice the ping or would it start to stutter and be basically unplayable?

Ok, it seems my problem was setting the game to max 60fps, now when I put it on 30fps ALL MY PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS WENT AWAY WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It would be legitimately cool, with 2 weapons mainly around aiming and chain whip kunais throw being influenced by the camera you could play it entirely without auto-aim, just like monhun. I really disliked being forced to use auto-target on games like dark souls.

Here's my waifu

just started chapter 6 and the quest location is "The Final Battle". Is there anything I can only do BEFORE doing this? Or can I pick up whatever quests etc after completing this as well?

just finished it myself, you seem to be able to do everything you could before

great to know, thanks user

This looks pretty solid, the only major complaint I've heard is the AI is so consistently dumb that you basically treat every encounter the same way and I definitely see it there if all monsters are as exploitable as that thing. Might actually look into buying this if the online is passable.

Do you need to play the first game before this to understand the story?

I've been starving for something like Dragon's Dogma since it first came out, and now I'm thinking of picking up the first game…

No, they're completely separate, the only similarity is the concept.

oh man this shit is retardedly fun, knives too

Guess I wont be playing, great port.

Check IGG nigger

That version doesnt crash on launch? I already tried the codex one

Codex crack should work.

you can, but playing Kiwami first helps a bit since there are returning characters, sub stories and stuff. That said the story is not impressive either and playing them back to back is very tiresome.

Oh there is an update, ill download that one and see if it fixes the issue

It doesn't. It fixes an ingame bug that triggers a crash.

Thats what I kept asking about, if there was any way to get the fix without being a good goy and buying windows.

I read your other posts. You don't need a legit copy to update windows. Most ways of cracking windows allow for updating.
I'm not sure the startup crash is really related to a missing windows update though.

I honestly don't like the hand that much.
Too slow and doesn't preserve momentum to be actually fun like spiderman 2.

What the fuck is this shit? Doesn't PS4 Pro have this game running at 4K?
Seriously, WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT? THIS IS PC, YOU STUPID NIP FUCKS!

maybe at 24fps, 1080p cap is still bullshit tho

Ai is actually commonly said to be too good not too bad, the ai can pretty much carry you and trivialize the game so people often take only 1 or 2 along with them… personally I take all 3 for faster clear times for farming.

Alright, I started a game. How's my waif? I'm seeing some cool headgear on the dudes around town & wondering if I should play male instead.

I also thought about using SweetFX, but the game (aside from being capped at 1080p) looks pretty good as is. The one existing ReShade preset I saw has higher saturation & toggle-able Depth-of-Field for screencaps.

Played the demo, can't say I can recommend this to peoples. I like open world setting but the combat is mediocre at best. There's no jump button so you need to use the god hand thing to make aerial combo and it feel really clunky. I do like the gun in this and how you need to reload every bullet manually, it add tension to the combat. But sadly, they have to incoporate the melee style mechanic like light attack and heavy attack to gun mechanic which make shooting really slow and you better off with a melee weapon. Its much better if they the incorporate a standard 3rd person shooter mechanic for the gun control like Freedom War, where the control change based on what weapon you use.

I haven't explore much of Mitama mechanic but it seem to just add stats bonuses like increase atk or something. Combat with melee is very generic with added gimmick to appear different but really, it only have like 2 attack animation for each weapon and it gets boring fast. This is the game where it fun with friend but boring as fuck if play solo.

Using Reshade now. I had to modify that preset a bit because the tint favored red too much & things were way too colorful. Also disabled chromatic aberration.The DoF applies over top of UI like every other time I used Reshade DoF. Usually I just toggle the UI elements off when using DoF for screencaps, but I don't think I can disable them in this game.

It looks best at night since it bumps up the brightness of lit areas. Toggling HDR lightens up the dark areas so details can be seen in them but it doesn't look as good IMO.

Looks like she's been up all night with bags under her eyes.

Anybody know what the Stamps are for or how to even access them? I'm clearing phases in the online and it keeps telling me I'm unlocking more "Stamps."

Someone please explain.

when you go to the messages menu press the the touchpad to change the groupings of the messages, eventually there is a list of stamps of all the characters with messages attached

After that guy behind the mission desk died I realized I haven't taken a single mission from that desk yet. I've just been assisting people & clearing miasma. I have a bunch of pending tasks I accepted from people assuming I might do them along the way to other things, but they're piling up now.

So is this game as fucked as the standard KT PC port? Lately Atelier Sophie was tolerable but Firis was unacceptable so I don't have high hopes for this one especially since Kiwami was also terrible from what I heard.

Yeah fucking right. Maybe upscaled 4K but I doubt it can do even that.

can you post your preset?

I hope this game is good given how much time char creation eats alone.

shit didn't post image

(checked)

Where does side ponytail place on that?

This question actually came up during FF13-2; the Japanese system has a different rating scale, since the middle-height ponytail in japan is usually a sign of a smarter or more fierce female, where as a low one would be closer to average for a calmer, more home-minded woman. Side-ponytails are, i'd say, for far more cheerful or energetic women, and thus lower intelligence; i'd assume the same for western women, but i don't have enough single side-ponytail data to give an accurate hypothesis.