Drakengard Thread

Is Drakengard series just as enjoyable like the Nier series?

Other urls found in this thread:

e-hentai.org/g/899328/09d10e880c/
pixiv.net/member.php?id=1110826
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

No, in that nier forgot to join painful gameplay to its story, thus being inferior.

Stay for the batshit insane characters and depressing story, don't stay for the gameplay.

It is more worth watching it on youtube, rather than playing it?

But all of them have painful gameplay and slowdowns

The shitty monotonous gameplay kinda works well when you play through for the different routes for the endings, really, you'll feel different emotions once you play the game, either you feel like a gigantic piece of shit or you'll pretty much stare at the screen blankly and ask yourself "what the fuck?"

You can try and emulate the first two games, the third one you get on your modded PS3 or get it cheap on a local store or online, just warning on the fucking localization.

Ahahaha no.

No need to emulate the second game, just skip it.

Are there no fan efforts to unfuck drakenguard 3's translation?

It's a shitty musou, gameplay wise. Plot wise 1 is pretty edgy and fun, 2 is standard jrpg shit with the stupidest fucking protagonists and the best cutscene in all of vidya.
I haven't played 3 so I dunno about it, gameplay or plotwise.
How's Nier Automata?

About a decade after beating 1 and 2 I stumbled upon a written LP that I thought was a million times more enjoyable than actually playing 1 or 2. The problem with 1 is that it doesn't even have the cheesy shit or the flashy shit that makes musou games tolerable for a while.

And the problem with 2 is that it's so fucking padded out with its missions, even moreso than getting the weapons for 1.

Maybe Drakengard 1 is worth a look, but stay the fuck away from Drakengard 3, its a piece of shit.

It's one of those "spin off is a better than main series" cases.
All drakengard games are fucking garbage in more ways than one, while both Nier games are fantastic in every way possible.

Fuck you Taro

>Roof of the library is broken wide open because of the fighting
>Five years pass
>Roof of the library has not even begun to be repaired
Did it just not rain for five fucking years!? This shit triggers my autism to no end.

maybe yoko will get to team up with platinum again and make a drakengard game thats actually enjoyable to play

but there won't be another drakengard game as fucking bizarre as drakengard 1, that whole game is what happens when you don't send anyone to check on what yoko taro is up to during dev cycle, and just tell him to make a "warriors style game with dragons"

They spent all their time and effort fortifying the village gates.

Maybe they will finish Scalebound with a proper loli?

No, its shit.
Pre-order cancelled.

not enough zero doujin fuck this gay earth

It probably didn't. It's only vaguely alluded to in Nier and Nier:Automata but for some reason there is no day night cycle anymore. Somehow it is constantly daytime. There is one reference to rain in Nier:Automata but weather is probably hard fucked if shit is all sun every day.

Only better that Angelus best girl.

Maybe we even get a Drakengard with a happy ending.

I wish there could be a way to fix Nier's timeline and have Nier, Kaine and Yohna live happily together and having children to pass their meme on.

Wait, how would that work?
You implying Papa NieR would fuck his daughter?
gay

"C… Cai…m…"

"…"
(Hey there Red. You look like shit.)
(Don't worry… The pain will be over soon.)

Alright! Time to hunt more sub-humans. Still have a few more races to genocide.

No Kaine would fuck Papa Nier and Yohna would find a boyfriend who Papa Nier will aprove if he is good enouth.

your faggotry is what led to Draken 2 Caim being a huge scalie. Stop.

Fuck you, Nier deserved a happy ending.

Don't know if the others were good people enouth to deserve it.

It's like you don't like mass murder or something. Why are you even in this thread?
:^)

You already know with Yoko games that any "happy ending" is secretly a kick in the nuts
Don't wish for the impossible

Why can't you let me dream, user?

taro's a hack

I bet you liked the cannibal elf.

I want to touch her.
2B and Zero are okay, but Angelus is patrician.

Can musoushit gameplay be done well? What exactly is it that makes musou usually so boring?

For me, it's when much of your time is doing the same combo over and over against enemies that don't have a chance to hurt you. It's more interesting when there is a named enemy to fight.

Musou are more interesting when the mob enemies are dangerous and vary in their attack patterns, and you can deal with them expediently.

It tends towards being repetitive and not having a lot of consequences since your character is a god compared to the enemies you fight

sauce

Yes.

What this guy says
That being said if there's a character I like and can pull off the combos easily with I'll stick with the game longer than if there isn't. Play One Piece Warriors 3 for awhile sinply because Zoro had such an nice move set.

It's just an image from what I can find. Reposted all over the place as well.

enemies barely fight back and your attacks are limited, on top of that its possible to kill waves of enemies without falling into that formula, so the only novelty of musou, killing lots of dudes at once, isn't a novelty anymore in modern gaming

No, it is musou.
Most can't stand the monotonous gameplay of musou.

The first is the best while being strange as it wanted to be tonally like a dark western isometric game.

The 2nd is the absolute worst because it tried to be anime.

The 3rd however is so anime it loops back around to almost being good, but not really because anime.

Nier 1 is an experimental form of videogame development blending a large multitude of gameplay styles that is strangely more welcoming to a general audience.

Automata is a Platinum character action game first and foremost that utilizes tech found in the above mentioned previous titles by Yoko Taro.

The series' hold the same special place in my heart as the .Hack// series.

Wait, other platinum games have SHUMP hacking mini games that take up the entire second part of the game and are one of the major focus of said games? Shit, gotta find more Platinum games.

Pro tip: Nothing outside automata is worth a good goddamn.

Actual spoiler for Automata below:
WHY WAS YORHA DESTROYED?
I don't understand why the backdoor exploited by the machines was created in the first place.

The artist does a lot of that stuff, but no single long storyline. Occasional multipage works. I don't remember his name.

Why did you destroy YoRHa
:^)

because YoRHa was supposed to fail after a certain period of time leading to the destruction of the androids who have no purpose, especially since humanity is extinct
I'm still upset there wasn't a second big fight with adam and eve in the tower before they go to space

But why would you want the androids to die?
YoRHa was clearly the strongest force available to beat the machines.
It makes zero sense, either you want to defeat the machines, in which case you keep YorHa alive as long as possible, or you don't give a fuck since humans are dead and you don't bother building it in the first place.

One day I shall check the filename before searching for an image
But it is not this day!

Gallery: e-hentai.org/g/899328/09d10e880c/
Pixiv: pixiv.net/member.php?id=1110826

While the motivation isn't explained, YoRHa not actually wanting to beat the machines makes the most sense to me, since if they did, then it would be shortly discovered afterwards that humanity didn't exist

One more.

The motivation is that androids on the ground would have no purpose to live if all the machines were beaten, and new androids were supposed to be made after YoRHa got fucked anyways. This was to cause an endless cycle of war with the machines so nobody ever found out that humans were dead. If the androids had no purpose, they would never fight, and the machines would take it over and make it their world.

Ah, needing a perpetual enemy to stave off the depression. That's a neat idea.
It also implies that there's a very sophisticated operation somewhere that can survive the loss of their major combat units and not perceive that as a threat. Kind of lesses the feeling that the world was coming to an end that I got near the end of the game. Seems like the androids really are in control of the situation.
I also wonder if any characters in automata have true AI, since it's said that the black boxes are only copies of what the machines have.

Actually, with this new information I think the ending is quite a happy one.
The machines have fucked off to outer space.
Androids can accept that they're free to live peacefully for themselves instead of fighting wars for mankind, and that they're actually more human than they realise.
2B and 9S can buy t-shirts and fuck all they like.
Good end.

Well It wouldn't be that difficult to build new androids, but the real kicker is that the machines fucked off, all YoRHa units went offline and Pods hint that the androids may keep doing the same thing over and over again, but then again they may not

I'm pretty sure there's still a lot of machines on the ground, just those that have been disconnected for a long time like Pascal (RIP his memories) and those that would have been disconnected after the network fucked off with the ark containing almost all human knowledge. I guess their fighting ability is a whole different subject though.

If it never rains, how the fuck does shit grow in the wild? What feeds rivers? You just got rid of one loophole by creating others.

>picking either option for Pascal
I'm not the only one who just walked out of the room, am I? I figured he'd eventually come to terms with everything.

He had two swords in one the promotional images. 2B, A2, and a strange pair of what looks like dead android legs floating in the upper left corner were also in that image.

You get an achievement for doing either choice he gives you

I got it for walking out on him without picking either.

That's dumb.

Kaine makes my peepee hard
I don't care

anyone got a magnet link of the bluray live concert?

Automata's endings seemed pretty optimistic. Maybe he's losing his cynic touch.

I left him there the first time. I think he killed himself by jumping into the ocean or the factory lava. Nobody has been able to find his body after choosing that option.

Wait, did none of you read the archive you get after beating the game? I swear YoRHa was created by the machine network (Not to be confused with machines in general) to give them an opponent so they would always be able to fulfill the task given to them by the aliens; "Defeat the enemy". That's why YoRHa androids (Not resistance androids though) use the same cores as the machines. The backdoor was originally put in place so the machines could keep YoRHa in check to ensure the war was never ending. For the same reason of keeping the war going, the machine network gimped itself by allowing some machines to disconnect, thus adopting strange behaviors; pacifism, partying, nationalism, religion, orgies, philosophy, etc. Then the network acquired information about humanity and underwent a shift (becoming the Red Girl) leaving it no longer bound to original purpose. No longer needing the whole of YoRHa, the bunker was destroyed leaving only a few stray YoRHa androids. It found a new purpose in evolution, and thus used 9S and A2 as a challenge to become stronger by overcoming conflict. That is why there is an elevator in the tower.

The one written by Jackass, right? I read it.

Whoops, didn't mean to reply to you there as well.

figures the piece of shit presenting furry questions gets furry tier responses from a bunch of template response users.

No, I just read it again to double check
It just says that the machines realized that they couldn't destroy the androids since they wouldn't be able to defeat the enemy. There's no implication that the machines actually created YoRHa. However the Machines in their evolution ended up having human memories/emotions/etc end up forming the core of their network leading to the red girls, adam, and eve
But, you're right about Pascal and the Forest King

Then explain the backdoor in the bunker. If YoRHa was created by human made androids using machine cores as to not be inhumane, why is the project planned to fail?

Don't care about what, user?

On a related note, the Neir costumes in PSO2 are really expensive (except for 9S's because lol who plays a male in a jap mmo) and there are a gorillion 2B clones running around.

Kainé is the best Draken>grill

Literally skullfucks
GIRL CAN'T BE SPOOKED

Also if Drakengard ever gets a sequel, it better be fucking dragons in space.

Does anyone have that "Drakengard summary" picture that got passed around a few times? I forgot to save it.

Yo wot, user?

Drakengard (1) is better written than any of his other games in my opinion but it has the worst gameplay.

Nah, Nier's writing is much better.
Dunno about drakengards 2 and 3.

covers up the fact that humanity is extinct

Here's the writing of drakengard 2
>your dragon is an old man who killed Caim's parents
>only wanted to find Angelus, who went crazy
>best ending is a still frame of two characters holding hands
DoD3

Here's Two's story
She used to be one of the kindest of the intoners, and her disciple the most sane. They ran an orphanage and were like mother and father to the children. One day, she took the kids to a trip to Cathedral City for a picnic, but soldiers seemed to be unread under a curse or something, so she sent the children to be taken care of some soldiers assigned by Cent, one of the other Disciples. The soldiers took the kids to the crypt as it was the most protected part of the city. Turns out, they were infected too, so as Two and her Disciple were finishing up with the other soldiers, she had to kill them too. She eventually made it to where the kids were, but there were no kids there, instead she was greeted with a white fleshed monster. It was made of the children, and she was forced to kill them. Her psyche was shattered and for the rest of her life she remained in a catatonic state, while her disciple slowly began to forget things. Every ending but the last, they both die together.

Drakengard is a shit series overall
At least kingdom hearts has good gameplay, so the convoluted story is passable. At least the story doesn't make you angry and upset at how stupid it is unless you're a xionfag
Drakengard is a shitty series with zero budget and a hack of a director who doesn't even take his work seriously.

I must have caught the autism because I thought the game play of DoD1 was good.

There's a lot of beauty in the concept of a character fighting against fate and losing, most games are too scared to explore it so you get generic happy endings everytime. But at least in Drakengard it shows that no matter how badass you are that world ending horror that got unleashed is world ending for a reason.

It ha snothing to do with the quality of the ending.
Hotline Miami 2's ending was complete shit but the game had great gameplay, even with all those windows, and it was great to play in normal and replay in hard mode.
Drakengard's gameplay is just shit, and people just play it to see what happens in the convoluted story. Gameplay is priority and primary aspect of a game. Thus, Drakengard really is just a cinematic game with shitty low budget gameplay elements thrown in between cutscenes. It has nice things here and there, like Drakengard 3 had cool little details but its definitely a wreck of a game. The moment zero breaks the 4th wall just to make fun how shitty the game design made me drop the game for the day because the game truly is shit.

Probably.
I'm just a sucker for protagonists fighting actually impossible odds.