Why did we hate Duke Nukem Forever?

Why did we hate Duke Nukem Forever?

Because it was bad

I love the dry humor.

pic is basically you
Even if I don't hate Yukari.

Lol…

What kind of nigger names a file "ballinstalin.jpg"?

I like it but that's only because I have an odd enjoyment out of games which you can see that they were going to be good but ultimately turned into trash via development hell

Comrade… I…

We as in "most people".

At least this season is better than the last one so far.

Shit gameplay

Yukari is nice

It was a mediocre shooter that took forever to come out and was sold on its name alone. The world would be a better place if I could still make jokes about it being vaporware.

Yes she is.

We does not mean "Most people."

Unpopular opinions time. There is nothing wrong with duke nukem forever. Its a solid interpretation of what 90s shooters are like into a modern architecture. Now it has flaws, its far from perfect.

But the fact remains that a good portion of the people bitching? Never played the orginal game when it came out. Duke kicking ass and taking names in a chessy shooter is all I wanted. And the game gave me that.

Sure, its not a work of art. But it shouldn't be. I want to fuck shit up. And then you've got a bunch of casual fans who think a shooter should conform to the modern industry. In way duke did nothing wrong. Sure, its not a masterpiece. But if you like this style of game? You should dig it.

try again

Why do we hate Yukari again?

shit forgot to sage

I ultimately would say the concessions to the modern shooter audience are the worst parts of the game. But its far from unplayable. People pan it for the sake of panning it. Look, I'm not calling it a great game. But I legit had fun and I dont even like modern fps in general. Its not all bad.

No it's not fun.
I mean if halo is fun for you then probably.

Beacuse after 12 fucking years it should have been good and it wasn't good.

The problem isn't that it's '2oldskool4u,' but that they tried too hard to make a game that was appealing to the average 13 year old FPS gamer in 2011~. If they'd followed the formula they created, it actually would've been a much better game. Instead, they evidently felt envious of Halo, CoD & modern shooters, even though they're better than that. Wolfenstein: The New Order & Doom 2016 aren't stellar games, but DNF could easily have risen to that level. Of course, it didn't, because it was passed around like a whore and they were obsessed with it becoming something it had no reason to be in the first place.

Does anyone actually hate Yukari?

Aigisfags and Titsurufags.

I guess THAT'S why people hate her. I know I'm starting to.

NO YUKARI, NO BUY

I wish it had stayed harder rooted in the orgins honestly. It would've risen above basic enjoyable shooter to somthing really good. But it had that horrible development history. A saga of bad development basically.

All things considered? I'd call it a 6 out of 10 and that feels damn good for a game that went through what it did. Duke isn't the disaster so many publications said. A big part of that was that people dont like an old school style charcter now. For real, its got its moements. I just wish it had come out earlier when it would've been seen as just a solid fps callback.

To be sure, the games "journalists" gave it shit, partly because Duke isn't a pink-haired morbidly obese dyke, but mostly because it was a big moment in gaming. Everyone who cares to call themselves a 'gamer' knows Duke Nukem and has played through at least one of the games. Hell, most of us spent our formative years glued to computers playing through 3D Realms titles, so the game's development time was legendary and the outcome was, as I said, merely mediocre. They were either going to treat it as the second coming, or a miserable pile of shit. As it turned out, the latter happened. With all that said, I really hope a new game, worthy of the IP, is released in the coming years.

I'll admit I never played it.
I played 3D years ago, but when Forever came out all the reviewers said it was shit….
This is when (I thought) the reviewers had more credibility.

I never thought about it since I learned what sacks of shit those guys were.

Might pirate it because Fuck Randy Pitchford

Don't bet on it.

that game was a lot of fun. the characters were great & the nazis had a valid reason for hating jews: it was because the jews were suppressing their fancy world altering tech from the world
i haven't played the new doom, but have heard good things about it

I love how Wolfenstein painted both the Nazis and the Jews as bad guys.

/thread.

don't forget that the jews were also spreading a moss which grows on concrete killing indiscriminately for no other reason then "if we can't keep it to our selves then no one can have it"

New Doom is more like scaled back Serious Sam than Doom but it's pretty fun

oh yeah! they were doing that too. i'm probably going to go rent this game again or buy a used copy or something. the storytelling was great. i was sad that i never got the massive dude with a massive head wound all his toys

I liked it but the two weapon limit and stuff made it just an okay game rather than a good one. The 2001 build also looked much better.

easiest way to spot a shill

i'll have to check it out, then. doom & doom 2 are special to me since they are what got me into gaming. i heard the one they released in the 2000s was trash though

I remember when this board had standarts and threads like these were completely ignored or sage/dubs bombed.
Man, those were days

I fucking hate this "12 years" number that gets thrown around. They were working on Duke Nukem Forever after Duke3D released back in 1996. 12 fucking years? No it was 15 fucking years.

it's not that worth it I'd say, the MC was the only person who got anything done and he got shit on by pretty much the whole lot of the resistance but even then the guy was a psychopath who would kill anyone so long as they're deemed nazis

It wasn't either. It's pretty clear from the sorry state of the game it was cobbled together by a Gearbox B team in a couple years and shat out for a quick buck

Looks like someone's spelling standards have slipped.

Except that's wrong, 3D Realms kept releasing trailers and snippets and screenshots of things they've been working on. There was a couple screenshots of DNF as far back as 1996 or 1997. They kept scrapping everything and starting over from scratch. At one point there was a build which was not unlike Half-Life 2 with a female companion who was supposed to help Duke from start to finish (in more ways than one!).

It'd be real easy to say that Gearbox just shat out a quick game using assets and ran with it, but 3D Realms had to show conclusive gameplay footage for 13 years straight to get publishers to give them more cash to work on it, and it wasn't until 2009 where they finally got told to fuck off, so they had to sell off the game to Gearbox and they joined Gearbox to work on it there. And then after that, Gearbox in classy fucking fashion went before a judge and claimed it wasn't the sale of the rights to DNF but the entire franchise and that's why Gearbox has been raping Duke3D for the last 5 years with bad ports and shit, and the original 3DR version has disappeared from GOG and Steam.

That doesn't mean the final product wasn't cobbled together in a few years retard, you know how many games go through complete rehauls and use to be entirely different games than the end product? Happens all the time, only difference here is that they teased stuff from those pre-versions trying to hype people up like idiots.

It was a bad Halo clone instead of a Duke Nukem sequel. The chicks getting raped is a side issue, less because of the rape, more because it feels tonally out of place in a Duke game.

Women getting raped by aliens and begging for you to kill them was part of DN3D, so I don't know where you got that idea. It only became an issue because games journalists started becoming political hacks circa 2010.

Does it constitute as gameplay for you

Yeah, and it was weird and out of place there too.

*tips neon coloured wig*

>>>/reddit/

I think it's neat you fucking queer.

Go home, Holla Forums. You're drunk and need some rest.

For me it was the 2 weapon limit. Gameplay was generally a downgrade from duke 3d.

They only thing good about it was Duke himself.

How fucking new are you? Please go back to wherever the fuck you came from.

Youre still paying for it with time, which could be used on a better game, self improvement, or earning money.

If you didnt buy it youre also stealing

You sound like a jew, kill yourself

Oh, you.~

If goons don't like something I love it.

Every encounter was obviously scripted. Although most of them were fun and challenging, after a couple of play-throughs there wasn't much to pull you back.

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

I'm gonna beat the shit outta your fucking mother that give birth to you you fucking cocksucking mother fucker you just watch when I find your god damn ass imma rip your fucking balls off and ram 'em down your throat and make you a new fucking box do you fucking understand me? Get the fuck off my god damn vent you piece of shit! Imma make you a faggot when I find your god damn ass. Imma ram my fuckin' fist up your…

An autistic nigger.

You're reaching really hard to be right.

Youre right. The situation changes when ==YOU MOVE THE FUCKING DARN GOALPOSTS=

Because it didn't use the exact same mechanics as the old Duke.

Frankly, I don't think it's bad - it has some good ideas and levels (Dukeburger) - but it could have been better. Little reason to explore.

It was a shit game.

So if I were to hire you to give me legal advice, and after you given it I refused to pay, that's not a crime?
After all, it's not like you don't have the advice anymore. It's just knowledge, you still have it. It ain't physical.

I have the right to enjoy the fruits of YOUR labor and education without giving you any compensation.

Because the cultural differences between the West and East made a ton of waifu fags fail Yukari's social link when she was being harassed, and subsequently cursed her forever for not immediately getting down on her knees and sucking your cock for white-knighting for her

If only they reacted the same way to feminists.

Yes it is a crime, because you hired him to do work then didn't pay him. He lost time and got nothing in return.

Copying is fine because it disadvantages no-one, the producer is no worse off than if the copier never existed.

Yukari should be shot.

Yukari is such a dumb bitch that she fucked up shooting herself in the head repeatedly.

You're taking the product of my hard work without compensating, how is that NOT A crime, your Faglord Supreme?

Or are you just pretending to be retarded?

>tfw Yukari is my waifu
I want to have one irl

But user, you can always make your own choker.

Nah, too painful. I'd rather go buy a tank of Helium and slip into an eternal slumber

> no one will miss you when you're gone
Fuck that game ;_;

Why do people give a shit about Duke Nukem at all? Nostalgia?

He's in some good games and he's a fun character that deserves better. That's all there is to it.

He wouldn't be taking your hard work, he'd be making an exact copy of your hard work

Are you retarded, it's because in the answer she's a fucking cunt for no reason.
Not that waifu fags played the answer to get why she's disliked.

Kill yourself Randy, DNF is shit, just sell off the fucking ip already.

This
Sound like you work for the shitharvest that made the worthless piece of crap.

No wonder half of 3d realms walked out, and no wonder their company more or less died.

It could have been finished and fun in 2001/2 - it looked good, had the right style - it just needed making.

The lump of turd that came out is halo or some other pointless waste of time.
Funny, because halo was meant to be open world, PC only, cooperative play and actually interesting.
Then microsoft FUCKED it up, delayed it to fuck, made it xbox only, removed coop for pc and shitted on whatever it was supposed to be.

Apt that op's video was recorded on an xbox - with the retard playing unable to hit a slow moving tiny monster with seven shotgun blasts at point blank range.
Fucking awful.

Token negress. There were no nigger bitches in duke 3d.
Gooks yes.

Halo was going to be a RTS game for Apple's computers before that.

Nips, not gooks.

DNF was shit, Duke is dead and Randy is raping the corpse.
Post cuties

You'd probably love dry cock in your ass as well.

What is this, an image board? I can't just call them faggots and move on like we always have, I need to blow some hot air out of my ass and claim we're in some kind of dark age or some faggot shit.

Did his legs get better?

The game journalist's told us not to like it and we did. We know better now.
The hole "Games are Art" they are pushing NEEDED this game to die. Even tho the game isn't great they desperately had to kill Duke.
A revival of offensive comedy games becoming as big as they used to be would have stillborn the Art thing back then.

back to cuckchan and reddit, faggot

It's bad, also made by Gearbox Shitware and led by Randy Bitchford.

It was bad. It tried to be like it wasn't just another generic shooter, yet it fell into every trap that every mass market fps had.

That being said Nu-Doom was better than I expected it to be. I was expecting Call of Cuty with demons, instead it was an ok shooter a strong 5 to a light 6.

Because Randy Pitchford and Gearbox are fucking hacks that make games actually juvenile childish fantasies like some people, them included, like to complain about.
Seriously, for someone that eventually a game with a voice line saying "Attention all units, feminism is awesome!" to actually work on Duke Nukem would be like a catholic priest working on Doom.

Because you can't be cool intrinsically, it's a quality that's derived from other qualities and actions. Duke isn't cool on it's own, it's what he does and says that makes him cool and they didn't understood this.
Making his health bar an Ego bar was stupid. Duke wasn't some infalible battlefield god that never fell in combat, he still had HP that could be reduced to 0. It was his lines and kick ass combat that made him cool and when you finished a level kicking alien ass without dying, you felt indeed like the battlefield god they tried to fabricate in DNF.

Basically, they gave you the fantasy without making you work for it and cheapened the cool factor.
In Duke Nukem Forever, Duke's no longer cool. He's just a Chad Thundercock, he's just a faggot with a colossal ego. He's Randy's self-insert.

Also, very low production value. The sound design is weak as fuck, from enemies having no ambient or movement sound to the women sounding so unappealing.

It's fine. That might be the worst thing about it. At least if it was really bad there would be interesting things to say about it. People love a good trainwreck, but DNF wasn't even that. If you're not going to make the next Duke 3D, at least have the decency to give us the next Jurassic Park Trespasser.

You don't get away disguising the core gameplay under "concessions" when you are forced to use two weapons the entire game and near all the levels are linear.