Gamenight planning

Any anons interested in playing shit together once a week? I know there's some playing a few games already (Battlefront 2, Halo Online, Joint Ops, PS2) but some organisation would help. We could help avoid conflicts, set a standard time and give anons more advance warning to deal with technical issues. Seriously, why is Holla Forums so bad at installing fucking video games? I blame the rise of Steam + Steam workshop since it does everything for you. Also once we have a standard set of games once one comes back into rotation anyone who installed it previously can just jump in.

Some anons were mentioning Doom, can anyone give me more information on the positives and downsides for it? For example could we only use P2P or are proper servers fine?
Here's a shit-tier paint image with basic stuff that I've heard suggested recently, feel free to edit it. I can probably provide hosting for any game that uses proper dedicated servers (often games that have dead servers can still be played using direct connect by IP) if I have advance warning.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/A8ycLF32
stats.xonotic.org/server/6459
systemshock.org/index.php?topic=61.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let's play TF2

TF2 or that classic mod everyone was on about a while back?

Classic sucks, i'm talking about regular TF2 since literally everyone owns it.

How about Unreal Tournament for Potential Games?

Right, I'll add it but I expect endless arguments over which maps and whether or not to play vanilla. Of course that's part of the point of playing with Holla Forums anyway.

Which UT and give me a list of pros and cons and I'll add it.

Word of advice about Joint Ops the host can't play on a dedicated server unless he is using Holla Forumsmod.

As in shit like can we use a dedicated server, will anons with experience dominate newfags, max players etc etc.

When faggots on Holla Forums normally play do they use that? I was under the impression they used something like gameranger.

Yes, gameranger is just a LAN client the guy that makes the room must also host the server.

add xonotic or some arena shooters.

are there any really good co-op games that we can play together?

Forgot to mention you can also host a regular server but it will crash after every map.

E.y.e.

I know what it is I'm asking if JO2 needs to use it. Gameranger lags like dick.

I was thinking of Xonotic or Quake III but the issue I could see would be experienced players shitting on those who haven't played before to the point of it being boring. Still I'll add them, give me some pros and cons.

So not practical.
What's the max player count?

I've hosted Joint Ops previously, and you don't need Holla Forumsmod to play on your own dedi. You only need it if you have it installed on the host since it's always set to pure.

TF2C? Hosted that, but it has a mixture of an awful community with awful devs.

Yeah it needs.

Right, so using the configuration Holla Forums normally plays with a non-retard can host a dedicated server?

Will add EYE then.

Yes, it requires some sort of LAN bridging for pirate copies. I set up two Gamerangers to host and the other to play.

32. Same with Neotokyo and most other sourcegames. Dystopia is another option too.

Good point.

Yes, the only games that are somewhat hard to put up a dedicated server for that Holla Forums plays is Halo Online and Battlefield 2/2142 as well as older sourcemods, but it's not too hard to do when you read the documentation through.

Right, if anyone can see something I've missed or wants to add a potential game themselves feel free. Also if anyone wishes to host something in the following weeks speak up.

Is Bad Company 2 easily piratable/ installable?

Because I'd really like some Bad Company 2 with some Bros.

Barring that, waiting until PS3 emulation is at it's peak and everyone playing Armored Core 5 and setting up a server for MAG.

I ask because I've got access to a server box (as in an actual one in a data centre in the UK) for any game with Linux server files. This will help with avoiding lag.

No idea about BC2, my gut says probably not but I could be wrong.

How about Fortress Forever? It's free and a lot better than nowadays TF2. I can't host myself since I'm a filthy Brazillian, but I'm just throwing the suggestion in here anyway.

If someone could get LAN emulation in dolphin working, it'd be cool to have some online kirby air ride games.
I hear the japanese have those all the time.

I really like the idea of having a game night. It would give me something to do, and have some fun. Can we please not let this fall through.

I also missed Battlefield 2 last time.

Isn't that a sourcemod? I'll add it in a second, I've got a bit of a backlog currently.

Is it worth putting up a poll to gauge interest? We should start with the more popular games and work down to less popular.

If you can find a guide the average user can follow then sure, assuming the game supports 32+ players.

user we played three days straight of Battlefront 2 this weekend. Where were you?

I meant BattleFront 2 I blame reading BattleField just before writing that

I know in the past 2 months I've seen game night threads for Arma 3 and rfactor, and occasionally the cyberpunk guys like their Dystopia/Neotokyo gamenights.

But how good is your box? There was one instance of an user hosting Arma on a box that clearly couldn't handle it in France and the server suffered as a result.

What are the criteria of Pros & Cons for file sizes? Is less than 10 a Pro?

Unreal tournament 1, 2003 or 2004?

Ah, makes sense.

*10GB

I was playing some S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I shall ask in a second but the chap that owns it uses it for a server hosting company so I assume 'good'.

Assume more than 10gb is bad enough to mention.
I'm updating the image user, give me a few minutes.

Also don't feel limited by the size of the image, we can have as many games as we wish.

Speaking of which: is STALKER's multiplayer any good?

SAMP, MTA and JC2MP exist and they were all unlikely. Do not give up hope.

no

free
doesn't require a strong PC
relatively low barrier of entry
open source
no installation
small file size (2 gigs)
32 player slots

cons:
extremely high skill ceiling
may have some pros shitting on actual human beings
servers being far away and creating lag(?)

thats all I have user

That probably explains why nobody talks about it.
I'm still waiting for an answer on which Unreal is best.

Thanks, I'll add it now.
We'll host our own anyway.

I am bumping this thread. And yes, I still have the flag.

UT 1999/2004 are good choices, each one has their own strengths and weaknesses. Can't go wrong with either.

Unreal Tournament 2004.
Pros
Cons

DrNightHunter? Add me back faggot.

I'll go with 2004 if nobody has any complaints. I know UT can be skub-worthy.

Ideas
>Tribes 2 freeware now, it's an older game so it needs a few mods to play on certain serbs.

I second this motion, UT2k4 is the shit. I also toss Quake 2 or 3 into the hat. Will dig into my brain cavity to pitch more ideas.

add you back to what fam?

If I can make a suggestion, to help reduce the chance of OP`s for new games and other details being lost that it is saved to >>/radcorp/ ? . Seeing that one of the main original goals of it is to help organise Holla Forums gaming events. t BO of the dead board.

All good calls, if you can get me boxart and the pros and cons that would help.

(((Steam))), assuming I added the right person and not some randomer.

Is that the joint ops board? I'd prefer to do the planning on Holla Forums where everyone can see but storing them in a sticky on /radcorp/ where anyone can access them is a good idea, let's do that.

sounds like a rad idea

>>>/radcorp/

/radcorp/ is fine for any more detailed planning but we should do as much as possible out in the open on Holla Forums. I want to avoid a circle-jerk developing at all costs, that's what kills most game nights.

Extras
>Doom Multiplayer with Zandronum, .wads are easy to locate see Doom thread

here ya go lad

and

I would also add Unreal Tournament 1999 but I don't have a detailed Pros & Cons list. Example of skin.

Agreed, keep it as a back up so we dont lose progress

I wish it wasn't so fucking hard to read the green text on white background.
Anyways, is Killing Floor a good suggestion? Modded servers with upped playerlimit are always a blast.
Although, is there a pirate friendly "latest version"?

Right, It'll be maybe 10 minutes for me to get them all in.

If it can scale to 32 players but if we want to do wave survival there are better games. Warband's Full Invasion 2, for example.

TUROK 2

WE SHOULD PLAY TUROK 2

The original Killing Floor can also be played in UT2k4 but I am not sure if the player limit can go up.

There is also SWAT 4 which can have the playercounts raised to laughable levels.

What about Star Wars™: Jedi Knight™: Jedi Academy™? We played that before and it worked out pretty well too many fucking mods though. Day Of Defeat Original or Source is also an option.

YES

GIVE ME BOXART AND PROS AND CONS FAGGOT.

Great game to host on, unsure if pirate friendly.

Help, too many games to add. Literally using paint does not help.

Player limits and hosting methods at the very least please.

Supposedly can go up to as many as Unreal Engine 2.5 allows. So 32 players, at least, using a dedicated server. There are some that allow even more, though.

If the game actually works with that many I'll add it.

I second this, we really need some co op to fuel things.

I will make the pros and cons if no one else wants to

Its pretty pirate friendly to be honest. a GOG installer should be floating around…somewhere there's also a MEGA is compiled with like 500+ mb of mods but i think i lost the link

Calm down son. Instead of adding them to the image, why not just write the suggestions as a list and then we'll see what we can salvage from the list.
As for specifics, im not too sure.

Please do so.

Found Xonotic's box art

wow

class systems so no anons will be bored
pirate friendly(?)
runs on toaster
teamwork needed on higher difficulties
can use a console command to increase amount of players (base max players is 6)

cons
TEAMWORK NEEDED
maps may not be geared toward larger amounts of players
spooky :(

forgot pros/cons

Pros: Easy to run, free, standalone without Steam, should run on Wine
Cons: Hard to learn, some dated mechanics.

Pros: Fun, easy to run, easy to pirate, have played with Holla Forums before.
Cons: ???, think of it yourself.

Pros: Easy to run, easy to pirate, runs on Linux with Wine fine and has a Linux native port on (((Steam))).
Cons: Pure skill and aim, easy to cheat on.
Pro/Cons: Has voice chat, can be ebin menes, can be cancerous.

Pros: Free, fun, fast, somewhat easy to run.
Cons: For our own server, we need to rent one for in game shekels from Hi Rez.

Pros: Fun, has a Linux port, FOSS, somewhat like Halo.
Cons: Unfamiliar, nothing really like it around.

Pros: Fast, pirate friendly, easy to pirate in general.
Cons: Hard for new players, a bitch to get running at 1080p.

Pros: Source mod, so it's free, also means you have to use Steam, though, tacticool.
Cons: Hasn't been updated in years.

Pros: Free on Steam, no microtransactions or anything, fun, yeehaw, runs on Linux, cowboy style shooting.
Cons: ???, can't think of any.

Pros: It's Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, free and open source, runs on Linux.
Cons: Slightly hard to learn for new players.

Here's two suggestions from the radcorp days
We might need gameranger and like i said, too many mods. I hope i can find that MEGA or if someone else still has the downloaded file.
1942 with forgotten hope was the best multiplayer experience we had in a while and you dont even need Gaymranger.
Another suggestion would be that Project Reality mod for BF2, but I dont think we ever tried that fully.

Will add, once I've gotten the rest down.
Forgotten Hope 2 for Battlefield 2 works without gameranger iirc, I think using the same system as Project Reality. That might be a better option, depending on user's preferences.
I think that might be a bit too super-serious for a gamenight, we should aim for games everyone can enjoy. I personally like PR2 but others will not.

PROS
DINOSAURS IN SPACE
YOU CAN BE A DINOSAUR AND SLASH AT PEOPLE USING YOUR CLAWS
OR YOU CAN SHOOT OTHER MOTHERFUCKERS WITH A VARIETY OF WEAPONS
THERE IS CROSS PLATFORM PLAY FOR STEAM GOG GALAXY LAN AND DIRECT IP HOSTING
THERE IS DEATHMATCH, TEAM DEATHMATCH, 1V1 DUELS, CAPTURE THE FLAG AND SOME OTHER SHIT

CONS
I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY CONCURRENT PLAYERS CAN ACTUALLY PLAY DEATHMATCH
DON'T KNOW WHERE WE CAN FIND A GOOD TORRENT OF THE GAME
IT MIGHT GET BORING FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS
IT MIGHT NOT BE FUN FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE DINOSAURS
BUT FUCK ALL THAT SHIT THESE ARE NON ISSUES IF YOU ASK ME

YOU ARE NOT HELPING MUCH user. AND WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? I'll research the pros and cons myself later and add them.

The original mod was better than the Steam version, if I can find that I'd rather use it.

Use this cover for Killing Floor since the one user was talking about is the Tripwire retail version as opposed to the UT2k4 mod.

Also werks on Linux.

SORRY I AM JUST EXCITED THAT WE CAN PLAY VIDYA

Whoops, didn't see your post. Adding it now.

Will do.

Shiet, we all are brother. radcorp days were fun.

Oh and before I forget, I'll be a wise guy and steal this user's idea.
Instead of H:CE we could replace it with Halo 2?

Halo CE has the pro to it that it's really stable compared to H2V.

I'll just put in both.

How is OpenRCT2's online functionality? Would that work for something like this?

Depends on max players. OpenTTD has worked for playing with Holla Forums in the past.

Since I'm back at something that can type faster than 10 words a minute, I'll do the pros and cons of the games I mentioned earlier. Note all the games have dedicated server support and I've hosted Holla Forums gamenights for them.

SWAT 4

Right, once we've sorted everything out in this thread I'll make a thread on /radcorps/ for storing it all (if this hasn't been done already). I suggest that we make threads here on Holla Forums in evening thursday eurofag time to warn anons in advance.

Still adding more games.

Both OpenRCT2 and OpenTTD have dedicated server functionality and are easy enough to get playing/hosting with. I don't recall if they have rcon support meaning dealing with griefers is a pain in the ass especially for RCT2.

Anything with planes and dogfighting thats an option?

why not tone it down to something like ARMA 1 or 2?

Gotta fix that mate

Keep reading.

Brood War, you can play online for free using third-party servers and launchers

I'm 90% sure Swat4 does connect by IP anyway so we'll be ok.

I'd suggest Blazing Angels 1 or 2 personally. Failing that Battlefront and Battlefield have planes and dogfighting for those that want it.

Sword of the Stars

We also still play Project Reality almost every weekend so add that to the list too.

Air ride only supports 8 players in LAN iirc.

May as well copy the same Pros & Cons from Unreal 2k4 to Unreal 1999.

Better kept to its own thread then in my opinion. It's not like nobody else can host gamenights.

I should probably list one pro and one con:

Player count is most important.

I know I did Arma 2 in the past which was fucking amazing with /k/ but I've not tried hosting Arma 1. I'm not sure about details with them, though from what I remember with playing them they were clunky as shit.

Yeah, SWAT 4 has connect by IP which is what I was using for my server in the summer. It just makes it somewhat inconvenient to try and join servers without an official IP list.

Thinking about games with active server browsers, there is THUG Pro.

Jedi Academy doesn't require any major mods and it's tiny if you stick to the basic mods (Jedi Outcast Map Pack) that it's less than 1.5GB like my server rotation had. Not sure what moron needs a gig of mods in order to play.

That's HPC though

In terms of differentiation HCE and HPC are two separate games and HCE actually has a better netcode than HPC

As for HCE

PROS

Cons

Honestly for gamenights I think the focus should be on games that Anons can easily pirate if they wanna hop in.

The game won't support more than 8 in one game

Mario Party 7 netplay on Dolphin also supports 8 players.

I think Unreal Tournament has them.

Should mention as it stands neither HCE/HPC or H2V have voice support. But I don't think it's a con or a pro really

When we did Jedi Academy that shit was a barrel of laughs. And I suggest to keep it to ArmA 1 or 2, preferably 2 if anons can run it.

Then I suggest keeping it to its own threads. As I say, this thread is only really for trying to organise big game nights, things with lower player counts work best organised by the anons that love those games. We've have to try hosting multiple 8 people servers and that's a recipie for disaster.

In my book that's a pro, voice chat can be fairly cancerous depending on the game. Also drunk anons and voice chat do not mix well.

I've never been one for halo, is there any reason to include both or is HCE hands down superior? I will just change out the picture if it is.
I will add every game being suggested eventually, do not panic.

Is it a Pro or Con if the game has Text to Speech feature?

PRO

Depends if players can turn it off clientside.

They can.

But at the same time it's more crap that has to be downloaded. The complaint was that there was a lot of mods required to be installed to play when there really isn't. Outside of the JK2 map pack and optional tiny bugfixes, there's nothing that is necessarily mandatory.

What game is it then?

As for Arma 2 vs Arma 3 I'm inclined to add 2, 3 is harder to run for those with shit PCs from what I can tell. Could you modify the pros and cons here for 2 instead of 3?

Unreal Tournament 2004. It uses Microsoft Mary.

Well HCE does come with only the multiplayer of HPC however it takes like less than 5 minutes to go to halomaps.org and download a UI that has the campaign option and the maps themselves.

HCE is basically a better version of HPC in terms of mechanics and content.

Fair point.

Even more now that there's a GoG version
I paid for it

For reference, no games with less than 16 players, anything less than 32 is already bad
I'm sorry anons but it has to be this way. If you want to play games with 8 player counts just make a thread yourself and invite people. I've tried doing the multiple servers thing before and it just doesn't work.

I'll add it as a pro and a con then.

As long as it isn't any harder to install or host for we can use it.

PRO
Fast, pirate friendly, somewhat fun, relatively cheap
CON
Everyone and their mom has end-gear already
Everyone and their mom ruins the game
Autism needed

Honestly, how many linux fags are there?

Surprisingly large portion, at least 100-200 users.

No idea but those who are willing to actually show up and play older games are more likely to be linuxfags in my experience. It's always worth noting anyway, as much to give anons warning as anything else.

Even if there's not much, doesn't hurt to document whether or not they're Linux-friendly.

it's piss easy I've got the pastebin

pastebin.com/A8ycLF32

More or less the same, difference is that it comes to about 20GB instead of 25GB. Another minor con is that most people use Combined Operations, which is ArmA 2 and the expansion Operation Arrowhead meaning you need both. It also only supports 32-bit Windows so no Linux. The only pro I can think of is that the vanilla content is better than Arma 3.
I'm unsure if it's even toaster friendly yet in 2017.

Also I would recommend that game be on the current plans must meet at least these 3 criteria's.
These 3 are the bare bones for this to work,

well Project Reality itself then

its got a 100 player limit

Everything in my post at I can confirm has dedicated servers. They're pretty easy to set up as well.

Also a plus for HCE I forgot is that it CAN run on linux with a bit of work and Mac

The bitmap version is fucking 15mb.

Right, will change it. If you wouldn't mind could you post that link on /radops/ if it isn't there already?

Does 3 do Linux? If so I'll add both and anons can weigh up the pros and cons themselves.

That's the current goal user. Once the list is done I'll set up another thread for voting.

Will PR be fun for the average inexperienced user to pick up and play? If not it is better kept to its own thread, the idea for these gamenights is to rotate games that anyone can jump into.

Right, will change.

Also if you've hosted them before shall I take it you're willing to host them again?

Quake also has mods, add that.

So do we vote or something? Because I want to frag some nobs in ut

never heard of /radops/.

If we do one, let's have a thread when we play.

I have a 24 player server located in Chicago if there's anyone interested in playing.

Oh and add only 8 players but it's not like we have more than 6 most of the time

last time for radcorps our voting got high-jacked by retards so we might have to think of another system.

>>>/radcorp/

Yeah, thats the point of all this.

He said it's recommended for games with less than 16 players to have their own threads.

I dual boot, does that count?

Fuck I need to proofread the entire thing before posting.

It's not hard to set it up and it's about the same difficulty as a Neotokyo server, but due to the dead community proper instructions are hard to find a la W40k so the settings may act funky. I've not tried it in a while to re-evaluate difficulty.
There's no real cover art for it?
Can confirm, no AI.

Nope, but it does have 64-bit Windows support while 2 has 32-bit only.

Usually I'm open for hosting vidya as long as I have it, I've generally functioned as a backup host than a primary host with the exception of rfactor.

It's linked to in this thread, ded board that was designed for game nights. If we can gather all pastebins for games there it makes it easier for any random user to host instead of just those with the details saved.

Sure.

Depends on the game, we have 9-10 in Battlefront 2 for example.

We can come up with a system for choosing later, I think discussing it in a thread and availability of hosting will do. We'll also have a rule of no playing the same game more than once in ~2 months (the timeframe can change).

More hosts are always good.

Its not harder to learn than Tribes2 which is already on the list fam.

Over at the Xonotic thread
We also play together on a nearly daily basis.
stats.xonotic.org/server/6459

We got servers for both North America (West) and Europe (because there is someone in the respective region willing to host). We also have a decent new player : good player ratio.

If you guys still want to host another server. Do check out the NA server as a reference since it's set up for mode (and appropriate specialized balances) and map voting. The set up tutorial in Xonotic's read me, you'll just have official maps on what-is-considered-newbie-balance Deathmatch which can get boring if its the only thing players end up doing.

Nice, I entirely forgot about THUG Pro. I guess could maybe run multiple serbs?

Oh yeah, there's also the Serious Sam games. But I don't have a detailed Pro & Con list on me.

I'll add it user because I also love PR but I really don't think it'll work for this type of game night. I'd love to be wrong mind.

We'd probably just jump into your server, assuming it isn't likely to be full. This thread is partly about organising the various gamenights and servers already run anyway.

Does SWAT 4 have adjustable Master Server settings?
Someone could host a directory list.

doesnt SS3 have co-op? that could be some chaotic fun.

I noticed nobody really followed up on the question about Doom in OP. It goes like this:
Download Zandronum
Download Doom2.wad, put it in the Zandronum folder
Host/Find a large server with a custom wad suitable for lots of people (there are many)
Use Doomseeker (included with Zandronum) to join the server

Doomseeker automatically finds and downloads popular custom wads for you. If it's something niche or very new, better to get everyone to download it.

All of them do, that I know for certain.

I will say that getting the dedicated server tools for PR is almost impossible for a regular user which sucks. Halo Online also requires an external set of dedicated server tools but those were not too bad to get. (Just ask the devs politely for a copy of the dedi tools)

I think so, I think I remember that was in development by a few Serbians a couple weeks ago.

Yes. TFE, TSE and BFE all support up to 32 players while Revolution supports ~64 for Coop. (I don't remember the number on SS2.) It's a glorious clusterfuck.

Wish there was a game that let us play 60 player advance wars.

Can you condense that to easy pros and cons? Can we host a dedicated server, player limits, estimate how difficult it is to install etc. Also is there a pastebin/infograph detailing this for dumb anons?

According to what I searched, SS2 has 16 players

this would be my first gamenight, so I dunno if a pastebin exists. I could write one if there's interest?

yea all the SS games are 16 player limit, and they're pretty easy on the hardest difficulty with that many people (unless you do limited lives).

Not him, but I'll throw you some to start.

>>>/radcorp/77
Should do it

Writing one would be a great idea. Alternatively make an image for the OP with all the instructions in it (like picrelated). Remember the average user is a retard special so keep it simple.

Maybe System Shock 2 multiplayer? It's Co-Op I think.

There is a version on Skidrow.

That's pretty much a rule of thumb.
Also, I can think a bit of a Pros & Cons for Serious Sam 3.
Cons
Unsure if toaster friendly, it probably isn't…

Server capacity for the North American server is 16. The European one has a capacity of 32.
The only concerns I'd have are the map sizes since not all maps are designed to be played with a large crowd. The CTF maps are generally large enough if you guys do plan on filling up the server.

Back when we organized weekly PR plays we mobilized enough people to fill out multiple squads the first couple of weeks. It works just fine for new players if they're not completely retarded.
We the regulars got enough people able to fly at least clumsily and some experienced with armor combat, so we should have no problems teaching everyone how shit works even to those who believe RTFM is too hard.

We dont really need our own dedicated server considering there are dozens empty servers in burger as well as yurop.

We also need fresh regulars for the permanent group so some extra PR wouldnt hurt in any case.

Zandronum runs on everything.

maybe tomorrow i could do something like that, can't really put in effort right now. Would also want to check out what wads people have been playing lately, there's always something awesome that I've missed.

Playercount?

You'd be surprised, Croteam make their games scalable as fuck. SS3 has very low minimum requirements.

Well since it's be one night only we could always arrange for you lot to up your cap/change maps, if you're up for that. In an ideal world which anons host should change every week anyway and if there's an existing community you might as well do that week.

Then I'm willing to add it to the list. If there's a permanent group already existing you fuckers can run the PR night.

If you can do it please post it on /radops/.

Its >>>/radcorp/

Apologies user, too much image editing.

Playercount on System Shock 2 is completely dead, but it might be a nice experiment. RPG/Co-op/shooter in a sci fi horror atmosphere.
systemshock.org/index.php?topic=61.0

Oh lord, it keeps expanding.

God fuckin' damn OP why the fuck would you use lime for font and make the resolution dogshit are you trying to strain my eyes

Sounds great. Mainly, I don't want the game getting a bad impression because 20+ players tried to fit in a map designed for a smaller amount of players or the game appearing stale because hosts don't bother setting the servers up for different modes. The server I host currently has 221 custom maps and generally its usual visitors are familiar with which map is appropriated sized for which. But its far different when a crowd unfamiliar with the game don't know how many players a map is good for.

Would a type of map catalogue be useful?

I meant what's the maximum in a game, I'm not bothered about people who aren't anons. If it's 16 or more it can go on the list. Was Deus Ex's multiplayer any good?.

I know. I've still got another ~10 to add yet too.

Also the bitmap is already 16MB, higher resolution would be even worse.

Sure thang fam, wouldnt be the first time.

On another note, I have a free Mumble VoIP server if anyone wants to use it on game night.

But don't use lime holy shit use green

Also Barotrauma and Space station 13 arnt added. Should we add these? I havnt seen any Barotrauma threads in a while but I liked them.

How about instead of a SS13 server that stays up 24/7, we have a /vg/station SS13 server that only stays up during gamenight? It would get a lot more players that way and we wouldn't be stuck on lowpop.
The regular threads are slowing down to a crawl, but if we get a stickied gamenight thread going, we might be able to breathe new life into a Holla Forums server.

Remove
on Doom, that's bullshit and the game runs perfectly fine on Linux.

Deus Ex's multiplayer was 360 MLG quick scopan for the most part, it was okay.
SShck2s multiplayer has a max of 3 players, though. Sort of a bad recommendation honestly.

Yes. Remember that the more effort you put in to your game you represent, the likely a better playercount.

Yes, but not completely.
Can confirm Linux support.

We already tried that.
It crashed and burned.

Maybe we can try again.

Probably but I'd rather leave it all up to you lot, there's no reason I should choose the maps (I'm simply a random user and all). Basically just decide on a week (maybe after UO if you want) and you put up the thread on the thursday. Then you can handle swapping the maps when player count changes.

Good to hear, once this become more regularly just speak up for which week you want and I'll add it. I'd rather finish the potential games first before we schdeule. Is the BO of /radcorp/ still around? I'd like to have a chat later on about how we should organise storing scheduling and shit in a semi-permanent but open location.

A mumble would be good but if we have one it should only be used by anons on the gamenights themselves. Any place of organisation that is not an open thread of the sever itself is prone to circle-jerk if overused.

What's a barotrauma?

If there's already a server up 24/7 we just schedule a gamenight for jumping on that existing server. If anons like it they might stick around, that's up to them.

Done.
Might add it then.

I'll leave it ?ed then.

Similar to SS13 but you're on a submarine with an objective underwater, and max players are usually around 10-20 max. And I don't remember the last time it updated.

That reminds me, Mount and Blade Warband is another one that is good for Holla Forums.

No picture right now since I'm not in front of my computer.

I suggest discord since we can set up rooms and as quickly take them down.

I know many people might be against it, but like I said Discord would allows us to make rooms for VC on a per gamenight basis and at the end of the night host shuts the room down or designates someone to delete it

I think it might be best to leave barotrauma to the SS13 thread then.
I'm adding games as fast as I can, does anyone have any interest/knowledge about Shogo's MP? Does it even have MP?

We also have the option of Discord or IRC. Hopefully we'll avoid the circlejerking.

Xonotic servers have map voting (either at the end of the match on a graphical vote screen or just 'vmap ' in the console). It's usual for players to decide on which map to go on. It's just that the graphical vote screen will randomly decide a set number of maps for players to vote between regardless of the number of players currently on the server.

Warband would be great, I think Full Invasion 2 in particular would shine as a coop game.

Using (((Discord))) will automatically exclude a subset of anons, I'm afraid. I'd rather we use no voip than voip that doesn't let everyone participate.

Right, well like I and that other user said it's really up to you lot to decide how to run that gamenight so think it through now and when you've got a plan suggest a weekend you want. I'll step in where needed/able to host but I'd rather organise dates than do hosting every week, hosting is fucking tiring.

This is a great choice. Croteam just came out with SS Fusion, an engine that allows all the games to be played at once, especially with VR players. Right now, only the HD First Encounter has it. And, they should all have linux support now….

also forgot to add some more pros/cons
Pros:
Cons:

Ok, adding it in a second. Are there any other regularly hosted gamenights or servers on Holla Forums I should know about? I'd like to include them where possible, it makes things easier for everyone and can help with reviving stale communities.

All of your cons are the exact same for Terraria.
Plus this guys last CON:

I'll add Terraria too, depending on its maximum playercount. I'm adding everything in the thread eventually but shit takes time.

It would be pretty fun to Empire-crash pub servers.

What about Ace of Spades? It's been a while since I played it with anons but I had fun.

There's the Sven Coop threads that sometimes appear, to join the server you have to download all of their files which is about a whopping fuckton of 300 GB. Most of it is shitty Touhou skins.

Could work, I can through up baka's version again if nobody still has it.

Understood. Just putting up that fact.

No VOIP or relying on the gmae to have voice works for me

I just say use 8ch.servers.moe on Mumble, text chat can be used in game and in the thread. Using discord would keep me away from it, I'm not touching that shitware.

Im gonna tell you right now that a permanent discord channel is a bad idea past for a group of people larger than 20.
Our own PR discord fulfills its goal of coordinating play times perfectly, but there has been times when a couple of shitposters achieved critical mass and turned it into a Holla Forums enclave outside of that. I imagine a group of 100+ people being entirely unmanagable.

fuck year

Good call, there's also plenty of data around. I'm sure max players is at least 16 but it's been years since I last played, if anyone can confirm I'd love to add it.
Oh dear. Still if there's an user around with knowledge of how those thread works speak up.

If that's the currently existing Holla Forums mumble I recommend avoiding it entirely. If we're going to use mumble at all it has to be specifically just for game nights and nothing else.

Mumble scales up well to 1000s of users, there's a reason autistic EVE players use it.

You can delete channels. I suggested just a temp one on a per gamenight basis. Basically

I'd be done for some pre-SMG AoS

The good thing about Unreal Tournament 2004 is that if there was 32 players playing deathmath that a map like Deck 16 was too small, there's a mod that allows it to be played on other maps such as Facing Worlds.

8ch mumble has under 20 users at peak and has different rooms, we can make our own for game nights. I think there already is one, actually.

like another user said VOIP rooms lead to circlejerks and inactivity.

So let's not use one

If we are adding to many games, wouldnt people just feel overwhelmed to add all these games and install all of them, should we just make one huge single download for all the games to make it simple.

These are just ideas, my man.

That is what puts me off of Sven is the apocalyptic amount of useless weeb crap. It is something I have been interested in, but the fact you need that much useless mods is off putting.

We've still got the issue of it being Discord. That user is not the only one that refuses to touch it.

This is why I called 2004 vs 1999 skub.

Either I or that other user can host a mumble specifically for game nights, we have no cross contamination at all. Really I don't want to have a voip server at all but if anons are desperate it has to be Mumble.

Ideas are good, I'm just giving my opinion on what I've seen kill communities and gamenights in the past.

No I understand it.

Well you only download the game for that specific week, there's no parentage we'll play all the ones here. This is just to document options for anons to see. Also a download for all of these games + mods would be into the 100s of GBs, though maybe it would be Holla Forums's version of the do/k/ument.

That word should be guarantee, not parentage. I'm not even on a fucking phone so I've got no idea how that happened.

Deer Hunter 2005
Pros
Cons
I remember having a good time with this and a few anons a year or few ago.

I was the one who made that thread and hosted it, it was hilarious watching you guys massacre all the durr in record time.

anyway if anyones interested in playing Project Reality in general Ill just drop the play coordination discord in here /QuEdeuA
we got a bit of a downtime right now because of PeeAssToo but we usually get the people together in case someone wants to play

Shall add.
Does anyone have the pastebin or guide for the original version of Ace of Spades?
Also does anyone have the logo?

Nice, that was definitely one of the more unique game nights. Would like to drive deer to extinction again.

Ok, have I missed any games (other than Project Reality, adding it now) or does anyone want to add more?

Add the Pros & Cons for Serious Sam 3
Include Toaster Friendly

I've still got my original pasta of it unbelievably, so we can play that in the near future.

See

I'm going to fill out all the pros and cons in a bit, don't worry.

Literally just added that as I saw your post.
If you want to run it again feel free to call a week. I probably do a followup thread tomorrow to start scheduling shit.

M&B is not pirate friendly, you need to buy it to play it online.

Or run it yourself whenever, of course.

It isn't now. Way back near release you could have unlimited people playing online using the same CD-Key on the same server, shit was fun.

duude id play the shit outta that

fuck i would play that

Stay the FUCK away from my Sven Co-op

No one plays it because of weeb retards like you. Kill all Japs.

Sounds like fun, speak to that user he's just 'volunteered' to run that night.
It'd have to be for Holla Forums only and you'd have to ask Mark. I am in no way involved with the mods and I'd like to keep it that way.

Glad the pasta still exists, I seem to recall there being some map downloads or something. I still have a copy of the game on my mega if it ends up needed.

As soon as you finish the image, mind if I remake it so that it looks better?

sure, I'll do it a week before deer night comes

does anyone know the password for the skidrow rar of joint operations typhoon rising?

Feel free to, I might be a while though and it's probably going to get updated in the future. Once I've got suggestions and all that we can move development of resources (infographs and pastebins) to >>>/radcorp/, if you want to edit the image it'd be good to post the new version there also.

No idea, ask the joint ops thread if it's still up.

When did all this anti-japanese sentiment start? It's only been in the last two weeks someone gets immensely triggered or intentionally tries to piss of anime fans for (you)s. It was right after the switch release.

I like anime girls but I'm not going to download 300GB of skins.

How pirate friendly is ARMA: Cold War Assault? They gave it out for free years ago (and gave it out again in the humble bundle last month) and it has a large number of multiplayer people. Not sure if the MP is any good though.

Very much so. Just connect via IP.

I'll add it then, can you give me some more pros and cons if you've got them?
In particular dedicated servers y/n and player count.

Because requiring 300GB of unnecessary character models for a game that is maybe 2GB is downright fucking stupid and makes people not want to play.

Same here, I tried to join and the download didn't end in over an hour, so I just deleted it.
Fucking weeb trash ruins everything.

That's not a bad idea, it'll definitely run on just about anything unlike ARMA 1-3.

models aren't necessary to connect to the server

What are they talking about? Sven? Yeah, that stuff is mainly cosmetic aside from the maps, of course.

Anons? The player count in particular matters.

Add another con to Halo Online, Jojo will attempt to take over server hosting.

It's ARMA, pretty sure it can do over 64.

But I havent seen a way to download only the maps and their content, so I get stuck with 300gb of weeb models or nothing.

asian cartoons are meant for streaming from some other sucker, not for sitting on my fucking hard drive slowly taking up space user

Agreed. Jojo's server reminds me a lot like Alphablaster with the constant Holla Forums memes and ego and there is nobody else hosting.

I'm avoiding any drama about hosting, it's up to the anons that play Halo Online to sort that shit out themselves.

Actually it isn't Arma, strictly speaking, though it's pretty heavily related. The Arma name is part of a re-release. And I still can't add it till I'm sure on the playercount, it would not be fair to the anons whose games were excluded on that basis.
I dropped Tribes Ascend since it's F2P (a fucking cash shop and all) and we've got Tribes 2 already. Does anyone object?

The only other person that hosts is Dio, nobody is stopping anyone else from hostings that I am aware of.

Can you read the chalkboards? How does it look?

also you realize some people have limited downloads cause of shitty isp's right? The 30gb of gmod lolies help no one

300GB for what? Sven?

Don't respond to the autistic anime hater.
Why do people watch that multi-cast machine translated shit quality garbage.

Yes.
Looks fine to me, can you ensure the filesize does not end up too large?

Also include all the details on a thread on /radcorp/ about fonts and shit so anons in future can edit the image without too much hassle.

It looks like shit.

Though one note: it is unclear when text is a new line or when it is part of a previous line (e.g. the 'have it' from 'some anons already have it'), this needs to be fixed.

300gb for Sven with their mods, yes. It's a game based on GoldSrc and the base game isn't even 1% of the size it is using their mods to add more anime models than stars in the universe.

I know to avoid drama, point is a lot of these games don't have regular, good hosts for them.

Let me take a stab at some of the meta problems here.

>if you do want to host something during the week, it's nearly impossible to get noticed in time to draw a reasonably sized crowd together, or start a pick-up game on a whim

>social networking services like steam and discord solve many of these problems by making it easy for anyone to both plan an event in advance, and get the word out for a random pick-up game whenever you feel like it…

So in summary, we need a way that regular anons can get the word out for events, that doesn't have to go far outside the site and introduce cancer. Here are the two simplest solutions I can think of to this problem.
1. A dedicated sticky, perhaps a cyclical, is made for planning events. You are only allowed to post plans for events in this thread, and link to other threads for the inevitable disagreements, questions and installation help that follows. Anything else will be deleted/banned. In order to know what is happening, just keep tabs on the thread.
2. A dedicated locked sticky is created and frequently edited with a schedule of upcoming events. People can either email the mods with their plans, or post on a separate planning board where they can be easily collated by a mod every week. Mods can still do stickies for special game nights when they want to, but there will always be visibility for smaller, user-lead events.

Fair enough. I know I and a few another anons have already said they'll host for some. Any game that's already regularly played should be handled by the anons already playing.

I like this post. This is a good fuckin post.

reminder to thank the Usa for little boy and fat man

Thanks, Burgers.
t. Yuropoor

You've got a good grasp of the basic problems. There's also the issue of anons needing 24+ hours of warning to install the game and work out technical problems.
Not a bad idea but I worry either it or the planning threads could be prone to circle-jerk syndrome. Also it directly involves mods monitoring the thread to enforce the rule, I'd like to keep this all as unofficial as possible for a whole variety of reasons (anyone wanting to run a conflicting game night shouldn't feel the mods are against them, for example).
This works better, /radcorp/ already exists for organisation so anons can either use that or use their own thread to organise things (the Xonotic thread is up 24/7, if they decide they want to take a weekly slot to they can organise it there). We'd need to ensure the mods don't show any favouritism though, even if it is accidental, and the locked thread should be limited to only weekly events rather than 24/7 games which can keep their own threads anyway (anons will just stop checking the thread if it's the same stuff every day).

The most I recall for Operation Flashpoint before Gamespy died was officially at 64 but there were servers that attempted to go higher.

Right, will update it.

I wouldn't mind a cs 1.6 server. It's a great game.

Yeah I know what Sven is, I tried it a few times. I never had to download a whole lot.

How's this? Green is Pro, Red is Con.

OK, I really like this idea.

Cut it with the shitty TF2 fonts.

Should threads from option 1 or 2 be on >>>/radcorp/ ?

That works better, particularly since it is easier for any user to edit. However could you use a font common to almost every image editing software? It needs to be possible for any user to open the image in paint and change things around.

The main thread needs to be in the open. As a rule of thumb 99% of anons won't bother looking at things on another board, this is why /metav/ was doomed to failure.

I love it, simple and pleasing to the eye.

we should definitely use it.

looks professional too, you should try earning some money instead of staying at this board haha jk you're stuck here forever

I like much more the second idea. The contact with mods should include not only schedule plans, but installation guides.

Also, this:
is a big problem. What if the hosting is made every 2 weeks? The sticky could also, in those cases, include a poll controlling no rigged polls to decide if when we play

Let's hope this works well, last weekend was great

THIS. It should be one of the first things that appears when you scroll down.
Like a welcome annoucement We could even merge it "welcome to Holla Forums fgt, dont forget we have X gamenight this weekend"

Also I prefer column based bullet-points but that might just be me (they do take up a fuckton more space). I'm concerned that doing things in a list with commas makes it a bit harder to see where one ends and the next begins.

I considered that at first, I don't see any reason it couldn't work and it leaves the non-scheduled weekend open for anons that might want to run smaller games. In fact I think I like once every two weeks better, on balance.
In my opinion polls are too prone to failure, anons need to argue their case and then someone needs to make a decision.

This I like, if whoever can edit it remembers to update it regularly. To add on to the point about anons being lazy most won't even bother to open the rules page. Frankly I suspect most don't know there is a page of rules on Holla Forums.

All right last question. Since I'm using common fonts, which do you like more for the description and headers?

Wouldn't it just be better to do 1 dedicated thread then? Like a general? We dont have enough people interested it it to play 64 players I swear. The only ever good separate board that worked was /hwndu/ and that died because Shia gave up.

Trebuchet for both

Well i'll be damned, there is a page of Holla Forums rules??
I'll already know, though But as you said, i never read it. I automatically assume that as long i don't upload vidya cp or dolphin porn, i'll be fine

BAD user
I think the first two look better on the eyes though.

A general will devolve into a circle-jerk. I prefer letting anons create their own threads as and when they need them. Want to host a Battlefront 2 night? Start a thread to plan it on Holla Forums then deal with announcing it once you're done. Already got a Xonotic general? Use that to plan a special event one week.

Radcorp is meant to be more of a backup of OP`s and other details rather than a planning board (as that initial plan died when the board did).

Trebuchet definitely, looks more like tf2 which is something many anons associate with multiplayer already.

Firearms Source is free, what is there to pirate?
Deus Ex is a total bitch to get a server running on nowadays, from what I've heard.

am I dreaming? what fucking year is it?
keep doing a good job, lads

A source engine game, you can't play sourcemods without one. Perhaps now TF2 is free this isn't a thing but I've got no idea.

We were at it for the last three days user.

Nothing has happened yet, lad.
We still need to actually decide on a game.

Joint ops fags have called next week.

Well, JO was planned for this weekend so technically there already is one.

I like it, eye catching, reference to another multiplayer game. Could work out.

Dont forget to add Battlefield 1942 Forgotten Hope. Or are we going to look into FH as well?

On the subject of games that need online to play with others. doesn't that evolve client allow tunneling or no?

We should also anticipate overflow on games with a small playre cap

See

Another one I've noticed threads pop up for that I've tested is Neverwinter Nights.

I'll add it but I've go no idea if it can run a dedicated server. I'll also add Forgotten Hope 2 since I know that can have them.

NWM can do 96 players? Holy shit.

In english user? I prefer to avoid tungle/evolve/gameranger wherever possible anyway.
Yes, that's why I've pushed for 16 minimum, 32 recommended.

Oh hey, maybe Insurgency Source might be a good idea?
Supports 32, gun autism, free, potato friendly but requires one source game on Steam which most anons should have, I think TF2 fits this criteria.

tunngle works like shit last time i checked, no idea about evolve. We might need to do some testing on it.

That's the original Insurgency isn't it? I haven't played it in years but it sounds like a good idea. I might add Insurgency 2 as well.

You're correct, it is.

black mesa source multiplayer?

I'd pick HLDM or HL2DM user, I doubt many have Black Mesa and fewer yet have it legally.

HL2DM is fucking broken and no one can fix it.

Have you heard about torrents?

I've never tried it to be honest. All I know is you can fuck people up with toilets, seems like Gmod would do that better though.

Yeah, but the gameplay becomes repetitive after a short period and you cant change your player model.

Actually, gmod's Fretta would be fucking awesome.

Fuck that then.

How many players max on Mount & Blade?

~200+

Also if you're working on a new image I should probably stop updating this one.

No it's fine, I'll be able to catch up faster with your image.

Yeah, we do need something easy on the eyes. You did a great job though.

If/when this thread dies we should move the image editing to /radcorp/, anons have already had their input so it's just technical details.

A smarter man than I would not have used paint but in my defence Gimp is fucking confusing.

Have you never used photoshop? Hell, I never used photoshop and GIMP is super simple.

I'm also assuming Arma II's max player count is 200?

Briefly but I have no talent for image editing or art in general, I got bored pretty quickly.
Gimp is more confusing that I can be bothered with, what with being a lazy cunt and all.

No idea. I know it can go over 64. If you aren't sure just go with >64 or fucktons.

Reason I ask is because I am debating whether or not to sort games by the alphabetical title or by the amount of max players

I think sort by max players would be smarter in this case.

Remember that if you sort it like that and we add a new game the entire image has to be edited (unless the game is called zzzzombies ate my penis).

Probably. Then again, I could go for the "Why not both" option to sort by max players and alphabetical (Since theres a lot of 64 & 32 games)

This was pre-KOTOR, the dev team was pretty much a bunch of fa/tg/uys who wanted to make D&D games.

Also, I would go with >64 players for games with a high yet unknown max playercount.

Whichever works best.

Doesn't 64+ Players or 64+ Players Max work better?

Use "max" only if the limit is 64, if not then go for 64+ Players.

I know user, it was a joke.
Good idea.

I've got 3-4 more games to put on the image then I'm done.

Very well. Here's what it looks like at the moment, it's WIP

Holy shit, fantastic work. Looking forward to see it completed.

How are you going to fit in the rest of the details?

Also if you want I can provide you with the original version of all of the images, alternatively you can google them yourself. It's an improvement certainly.

May as well provide them since thread is on autosage and it'll be less of a burden for me.

Here's the final image anyway. I've got some missing details to fill out, would you prefer them now or do you want the covers first?

Since you asked about fitting in the rest of the details…

Covers are currently my first priority.

Maybe instead of multiplayer games it says something else? Eh, we'll worry about those details later.

It's WIP, things are bound to change.

Right, I'll just dump starting from the first image on the top left. That'll be easiest. However I'll do it over on /radcorp/ so we've still got them around for later use >>80
Some of those images (e.g. Fortress Forever's) I cropped and didn't save so I'll give you the full version, it's up to you how you make them fit.

Obviously that quote won't work:
>>>/radcorp/80

All right, I'll see what I can do.

Holla Forums usually has multiple games going at anytime
not my fault you nignogs never check the catalog & just shitpost all day
actually that might be for the better

It's done, a few are missing because I literally printscreened them from the relevant website, I've noted that ITT.

Saw your post at radcorp. I'll be gathering them along with the final pic you posted & getting my stuff done.

those threads are usually the same people and focus on one game where it's difficult to get in if you're just getting started, unlike something like battlefront 2

Ok if >>>/radcorp/79 I will post the details for the games that are missing them.

Ideally having scheduled gamenights would help refresh playerbases for those constant threads anyway, as was discussed about Xonotic, Project Reality and SS13 further up the thread.

Oh fuck, I nearly forgot. What about Renegade X?

Wait, since someone mentioned Quake 3 in this thread, isn't there also Quake Live? Or are there details that make it more inferior than 3?

Oh shit, I forgot Renegade X too. And Exterminatus.

I was under the impression they fucked Quake Live up.

I thought Quake Live was Pay2Win trash. Whatever the case, you're better off adding just Quake3 instead of Live.

Fuck yeah, we should add those and close of the list for now because holy shit we have a ton.

Sounds good. The important bit later will be making use of the titles.

Yes, this sounds good. We'll work on getting the list done then a thread in the next few days asking anons what games they want when. We didn't get any discussion on start times but such is life. I also think we should go with fortnightly, it seems best on balance.

Sounds rad. As for titles, we'll brainstorm that now. Has to be something eye catching.
And as for the upcoming game, we'll ask anons what game they want after this weekend, which should be JO since there was alot of talk about it during SWBF2 weekend.

Yes JO this weekend, then a break for a week. I'd like to run CoD UO after that, then another break if we're doing once every two weeks. The extra week will also give more time to prepare pastebins, megauploads and OP images.

With a name like radcorp, it sounds 80ish or retro.

Sounds like a plan chief.

Fuck yeah, lets incorporate retro future shit into it. Synthwave and Vaporwave for shits and giggles.

Like /vr/? Getting the theme to work on the image will be a great challenge as I've never done anything like it (Nothing wrong with taking risks though and refining.)

Just don't overdo it. Eyecatching is good but we want it readable, easily edited and a small filesize. So far the new style is already a massive improvement.

Well not on the image, just an idea to make shit more retro futuristic as kind of a reoccurring theme. Just a thought. Also reposting old emblems anons made. Maybe it sparks a few ideas for now or for later.

Ah. Anyways, I'll focus on getting the image done. I hope anons are eager to see the finished product.

I'm looking forward to it.

You should make a thread on /radcorp/ and post them. I think they're already on there somewhere but ideally the BO will clean up the board a bit.

I'll dump all the OC collected as soon as I can.

r_mode -1
r_customaspect 1
r_customheight 1080
r_customwidth 1920
vid_restart

Given the average level of intelligence when Holla Forums tries to install a game that's actually pretty difficult. Digital distribution made anons dumb.

10 years ago if you had asked me 'could your online opponents get any more hurr durr retarded?' I would have shook my head.

Now…. I just dunno man. Where's it all leading?

Need max players for

God only knows.

Fistfull of Frags is in >>/radcorp/79
I'll update the ones I know in there as soon as I can. Eternal Silence and Neotoyko are 32, almost certainly Zombie Master and Firearms Source are 32. Gmod can go to 120 with the right tweaks but I'd say 64.

>>>/radcorp/79

Ace of Spades is 32.
Project Reality is 100+
Blazing Angels 1 & 2 I have no idea, I will literally have to go and check the back of the box.

So the game nights are now once per fortnight. Is the game to play decided by votes now or volunteering a date/time?

F.E.A.R. looks to be 18, use that number for now.

Probably a mixture of volunteering to host and seeing what anons want to play. Voting is far too easy to fuck with.

Also once a fortnight was chosen to avoid getting burnt out and also to leave the spare weekends without an organised game. If you're the Xonotic guy and want to host you could probably go after CoD UO. We're in the process of making a new image but I'll do my best to remember, if not then mention it next time a thread appears.

Word of warning on Zombie Master. While it can support 32 players, it's one of those games that feels at it's best with 16 or so due the nature of the ZM having to spawn in units & traps for players & not just being either a zombie meat wall spam fest or players just rushing to the end without resistance. Though some maps do have some sort of rush prevention due to timed doors & shit.

Yeah, I'd like to host for the next available date. Even getting some promotional material ready.

We had pic related over at the Xonotic thread. Which was not only to help out new players, it was also to train them to play at a competent level compared to the usual random out there. The only bottleneck was the number of new players showing up.

Right, I'll add that to the notes. It's been years since I last had a chance to play.

How's this for Gmod's cover since it doesn't have one and I don't really like how the headers looked.

Ok, I'll stick you on the old image in case I forget but do remind me if there's another thread and you're not on it.

Looks good to me. Have you got a solution for those games you haven't got a player limit for yet? You could just leave them as n/a for now.

Probably what you said, labeling them as "Max Player N/A"

Right. I don't know if you've done this already but I suggest moving the scheduled events and questions sections off to different images. You might want to keep some text on the potential games image about conditions for suggesting a game though.

>>>/radcorp/95

Thats what I planed on doing, putting them together looked like a clusterfuck.

Right, I'm away for a bit. If this thread dies post the finished image on /radcorp/.

Noted.

I was going to suggest the original red faction but there are enough FPS already.

Only problem with Gmod is it requires steam. asl of we played it what gamemode would we do Hopefully fretta*

Can't wait for this to not happen

bump

can't bump threads past the bump limit mate.

whoops