Mario

What's the most overrated Mario game and why? Nintendo fans usually hold these games as the gold standard for platformers regardless of that being true or not.

Galaxy by a massive fucking margin.

I wouldn't say that any of them were particularly overrated. Everyone loves the older ones, with good reason, and shits on the newer ones, also with good reason

Sunshine seems to be the special snowflake alternative to Mario 64.

Super Mario World was severely rushed and unfinished so it could be released alongside the Super Famicom, it's not very fun nor was it back then.

I would say Galaxy. I didn't finish it It was just sort of ehhh for me.

I enjoyed it

Mario64.
It's a glorified tech demo. There's only a couple of levels and they make you just replay them over and over and over and over.

B-but half an A press!

Super Mario Sunshine is what happens when you take a character bio that doesn't fit particularly well into the gameplay and try to turn it into a gameplay element anyway. Nintendo literally made Mario perform his duties as a turd-chaser and tried to change it from shit to 'ink'.

Honestly, I enjoyed it solely for the extra platforming elements the water pack added in slide, launch, and hover mechanics; the shit-cleaning was way too cutesy, colorful, and repetitive until you got to fire diarrhea and lightning sharts near the end of the game.

Galaxy 1, 2 improves on it in nearly every way except for the hub, level select, and story

Over a hundred stars on 15 somewhat small maps can get pretty tiring.

All of them. Sonic is a million times better than fat Mariho loser faggot.

It's a toss up between Galaxy and 64.
Sunshine, while deeply flawed, is underrated if anything.
Super Mario World deserves the praise it gets.
I haven't played 3D World and I don't see people talk about it very much at all so I wouldn't call it overrated.

3D World works for what it is, it's just not very engaging. People always compare it and 3D Land to the other 3D Marios despite Nintendo explicitly saying they're two separate series

I have very high hopes for Odissey.

You don't have to collect a hundred stars, you retard. Might as well bitch that Metroid gets boring because you have to collect every energy tank and missile expansion. Leave it to Holla Forums to complain that 100%ing a game gets redundant.

It's not my fault that they padded the game to make it seem bigger than it actually was.

Don't we all? I hope the hat throw can be used as an attack against minor enemies

3D world is a very fun game eventually, it just takes way too fucking long to actually get challenging. It doesn't really pick up until like 3/4 of the way through. It's got good mechanics, but the majority of the game you could literally play through one-handed.

Those extra worlds are so damn good though, shame about the entire rest of the game.

How long until Galaxy 2 is confirmed to just be a Luma's dream and that Super Mario 3D World takes place in an alternate timeline where Bowser defeated Mario in Super Mario 64?

Well Galaxy 1 already had the universe reset, so anything's plausible

Bump

New Super Mario Bros 2.

It was literally nothing "new" except making grinding for coins into a fucking unending fetish.

I put up with a lot of shit in Mario games but NSMB2– My body was not ready for this shit.

3D World. Shittiest course design in Mario history. Ultimately, it's just a New Super Mario Bros style rehash of 3D Land with shittier level design and a couple new power ups thrown in.

64, with no effort at all. The game is objectively inferior to all the other games listed.

I needed that.

New Super Mario Bros U

Just played it for the first time last week, and gods, what a heap of derivative, uninspired garbage. Super Mario 3D World is also lackluster but not nearly as bad.

Get some new images, I already have all those saved

goddamit gilbert

Just checkin' them quads.

If I had to pick only one, Sunshine. If I could pick multiple, I'd pick Sunshine and both Galaxy games.

It's overrated nowadays though.

It's a sad truth that I only came to accept after completing a long journey and experiencing disappointment countless times.

can't wait to get that shit datamined, the only game i give a shit about.

Galaxy
3D World honestly
64 or 3

This is the only correct answer.

When it was new it was amazing, but it has nothing the others don't now that it isn't new.

If you mean their remakes, then I agree.

All of them.

if you can't get the 70 stars that you need to beat the game and see the ending in 15 maps plus several bonus stars around the castle, one-off bonus levels etc then that's on you nigger

Super Mario Bros.

Yes, the FIRST ONE. There's shittons of people who obsess for literally decades of their lives trying to speedrun a fraction of a second off the world record. Every once in a while you'll get some faggot on HERE that will post some nonsense about how it's the perfect game, or the first level is the most perfect example of level design, or other such shit.

We get it! It was a groundbreaker for its time, launched the most iconic video game franchise in the world, etc etc; but that doesn't change the simple fact that it's NOT A GREAT GAME! It's primitive, glitchy, repetitive, boring, and lacks any semblance of an ending. Every single thing in it — from the graphics to the music to the gameplay to the visual style to the "fun" factor — was outdone in later Mario games. It's like sucking dick over the Ford Model A when we've got Porsches on the streets.

2lood4me
s-sauce?

Kill yourself, you waste of breathing air. Jesus christ

Also to answer OP's question, 64. What a piece of shit, it's more like a tech demo than an actual game and even Miyamoto has admitted that the game isn't fun.

Definitely Galaxy. Imaginative, the gravity gimmick is really fun to use, but there's just too much padding and all the sense of wonder that came from exploring 64 and Sunshine is gone forever. Course-based levels are fun don't get me wrong, but the game just had to be so fucking linear. I want to be able to pick up stars out of order and in bigger worlds instead of more of them on forced courses dammit.

What was the first videogame you played son.

Does anyone think it weird that we have thread about Mario and then Nintendo magically decide to make new Mario game?

World has good mechanics but shit stages. The mechanics in it were only done well in romhacks.
Also, Sunshine is fucking garbage and it's main gimmick destroyed any semblance of platforming in that fucking game. It's why, to achieve some level of challenge, they had to remove Fludd in the special stages - the only stages that were difficult (without being outright broken)

World has some of the most boring stages in the series but the best mechanics.

If you wanted moar, all you had to do was ask.

loli never does it for me

more toddler cocksocket princesses pls

That's toddler not loli. Most lolicons don't like toddler either. As for me I think It's awwwright.

This thread needs cleansing with holy fire

Thats something even more degenerate, this sickfuck gets off to BABIES

webm sumps it up

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL EH?
This thread is illegal in Canada! We will not arrest you however because if we do it means you win!

everything is illegal in canada if you're white.

Never was a fan of playing platformers with multiplayers. Mostly because you have to worry if your friend catches up to you or that they don't hog a certain area or worse a platform that ruins your jump. Kirby Super Star got it right, mostly because it focuses a lot on the action which is always fun to play with a friend.

3. People parrot the "best Mario Bros" thing so often and they don't listen to any other options.

This game cannot fuck up from anything but shitty motion controls.

I don't remember exactly because I was a young shit. Considering it was on an NES and I fairly well remember which games my cousins had, though I can guess it was either Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, Legend of Zelda, or (doubtfully considering my age) Final Fantasy.

Don't call me "son". I'm older than you are.

sasuga

baby rosalina is alright because she seems more mentally developed.

The underage can't post here.

This is not your hugbox, faggot.