Capcom will release the “Frank Rising” downloadable content for Dead Rising 4 on April 4 for $9...

How do you want your franchise fam

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Pfy6e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can devs not do that? Can they not come up with anything original? Oh right, the entire game is just DR1 but more shit.
Apparently it's as how I thought. A zombie of its former self.

I honestly was hoping it'd be this Frank when I saw the title

This is what you get for ever expecting any devs ever to not fuck up everything in the endless quest for shekels.
You can only lose all hope once leading to less long term suffering that losing it a little at a time.

It never did, since they replaced the writing staff from DR2 that didnt hate the players.

It cant be that hard to go back to the series roots though, just set it in a mall or vegas strip, make it bigger than it appears and well designed, bring back the timer and multiple endings, thats all they had to do and they fucked it up.

This is what happens when you give a nippon franchise to the gaijin.

It's like without 3.3 million dorrar man overseeing the studio, the game's creative control turned 100% Canadian hipster cucks.

Holy fuck.

If it were made by the Dead Rising 1 team, I'd genuinely be hyped for it. If it was for PC, that is.

how many more ironic sarcastic quips will nufrank shit out

oh it is for PC… Don't matter, still going to be shit…

archive.is/Pfy6e

It makes me wonder how much input Inafune had with DR 1 and 2. Apparently it was his vanity project.

Its on Windows 7 but its like Doom where it makes your computer super fucking hot.

That's Mr. Shitface, Inafundme's the 4 mirrion dorrar man.

Can't wait for the DLC where Frank has to deal with the trauma he gains from cannibalism.

Fucking Capcom. You're worse than EA and Namco-Bandai and still manage to get away with it.

JUST

It actually is pretty hard. If you look at fact they did the story/gaming equivalent of painting themselves into a corner.

After Dead Rising 2, you could clearly see that they had no fucking idea where they were going with the storyline.

Why not continue harvesting in places nobody gives a fuck about, but have enough people?

New characters who may never find out who is really behind it, they survive and gain clues, but unlike frank they don't get involved in the whole mythos having other problems to worry about.

New locations.
Create a Character.
New items.

Hell.
Dead Rising Novokuybyshevsk

to me dead rising died at the end of 1.

i beat brock, i went out into the world, i exposed the government zombie project, and i fucked the hot latina girl. that's it. IP over.

I'd fuck my computer.

That's a joke I made months ago and now it's even more appropriate.

A little on the nose, don't you think Capcom?

Was it dead rising or dead island that was never good? I can't seem to remember.

Dead Island was never good.
The first Dead Rising was a good game, but with some harsh flaws that prevented it from being an amazing game, most prominently the absolutely abysmal AI.
DR2 mostly fixed the AI flaws of DR1, but it felt like it was missing the point of the original, and was worse in every other way, but still acceptable.

DR3 & DR4 are just trash.

JUST MEME MY LE MEME UP
WHITE POWER AMIRITE GUIS

DR2 didnt fix shit, the new survivor AI made the game much less fun.

the dead rising ai was shit but that made it challenging.

What are you even talking about?

Wasn't Frank infected around the end of Dead Rising 1?

But he was already infected in the true ending of the first Dead Rising.

Dead Rising is what you get when Japanese people make a game with a burger packaging, everything about the is a throwback to the Romero movies and the consumerist attitude of Americans but everything about the gameplay and the characters show it was made by nips. It rewards the player for trying new things, you can see the devs actually try to put themselves in the shoes of someone playing their game and experimenting. The game has a tight time constraint and the enjoyment comes from mastering the game to play around that constraint and discovering new stuff on each playthrough, the game was designed with replayability in mind.
Dead Rising 2 didn't stray too far from the formula but you could see the first signs appear, mainly the combo system which was a good idea but wasn't balanced at all in my opinion and one-liners/trying too hard to present itself as funny sometimes. The rerelease of DR on PC really marked the contrast between the two on that last thing, Dead Rising actually has a pretty serious tone, the humor mostly comes from the difference between the gravity and the situation and what the player has to do or chooses to do to survive.

Dead Rising 3 and 4 are just the result of the game design philosophy of most western devs and completely misinterpreting the appeal of a franchise they were supposed to "continue".
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Dead Rising 2 was done with some input from the original team or if the canucks were weary of straying from the original formula too far. I'd also be ready to bet my bottom dollar that Inafune is the one responsible from the outsourcing of Dead Rising (remember he did the same with Lost Planet after saying LP2 was "too Japanese"). I think he was the main driving force behind making a game basked in a setting of the home of the brave and land of the free and with the novel idea of using almost everything you could find in a mall but was probably disheartened after seeing that the output was still something very Japanese in its design.

They're probally gonna say he's "Double infected" or "some random mutation due to his prolonged exposure to Zombrex" or some shit like that since he's been taking the anti-zombie medication every day for what? 18~23 years game wise.

The game is pretty trash.

This IP deserves to die. I'm glad it finally is.

In hindsight, the last quote of Dead Rising represents the IP perfectly.
Almost everyone that played it wanted a sequel when we should've just been satisfied with what we got.

I also remember that one quote the scientist guy yells. Something along the lines of DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH BEEF AMERICANS EAT IN A DAY?

I have no mouth and I need to scream.

I guess he was cured because a cure of the regular zombie virus was developed.

That'd be a pretty interesting twist on how Dawn of the Dead and Dead Rising played off on these notions of "capitalist America"

Now I think of it. Is there any place besides america and santa cabeza infected by the zombie wasps?

In said ending Frank and that spanish chick make a juryrigged cure for him. As in it doesn't cure him but stops the infection from going further. Which probably became the base of zombrex or whatever the cure's name was. So he's probably been poping zombrex or the homemade version for years know.

Not that I know of, but I'm amazed they haven't made a prequel game. Who doesn't want to play a zombie game in the tropics of some shitty third-world country?

Don't forget zombie cows.

I fucking hate tropical settings in vidya personally

WEll, it is confirmed in off the record and Case West that he had been using zombrex. The thing is that, if I'm not wrong, in Dear Rising 4 there are no more zombie problems because everyone had been already cured, that's why they had to clone people and use a modified version of the virus to get zombies. The reason? I don't know, I never played 4 and it wouldn't matter anyway. The Dead Rising universe turned from a fun B Movie experience into meme retardness. Just like the whole zombie genre.

You know the sad thing?

This could hilariously horrifically go the way of Shitgeki with humans infecting themselves like Frank to fight each other for superiority over the human race.