Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

"Out In Spite Of FreeShop Edition"

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex
>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.titlekeys.com/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
mhxxx.kiranico.com/skill/4a5e4
mhxxx.kiranico.com/buki/4e80d
mhxxx.kiranico.com/item/68374
mhxxx.kiranico.com/amulet
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shit game toukiden 2 is going be better and you faggots are going to mutter "fugg time to kill myself for playing shit games on a shit platform on a shit controls"

That came out like half a year ago user, where have you been?

localization when

Whenever they finish completely rewriting the script to pat themselves on the back about how progressive and current year it is to decry self-improvement and just be a shitter who gets carried in multiplayer, and inventing new names for every term in the game to make it impossible for people who play the foreign versions to communicate with anyone else about the game.

Just after they figure out how to call Valfalc something fucking retarded, like Jetsnout.

Also: Any Lancebros use any styles besides Striker? I can't fucking deal with the slow third poke. How do you work with it?

Are HH still bad and not to be used ever and especially not to hit the monster?

I don't think we have the motion values yet to see if they changed it in MHXX to be not shit.

you don't.
Striker is hands down the best style for lance

Also from what I've messed around with the HH is still hot garbage without any MV changes. It really shows once enemies get their G-rank HP nonsense.

How do you unlock the elder Rajang quest in FU?

Is the qr code not working for anyone else?

I hope the MH team is over the whole Sony bullshit by the time MH5 comes.
Considering what a disaster the Switch is, and I really, really do not want to play MH on handheld anymore.

dont tell me about the stupid ass Chinese honhun MMO
not only do i not speak chinese, therefore couldnt interact with the community in a reasonable way,
i also hear its not so good.

i want a straight up genuine monster hunter game made with a modern engine (so as to have the good graphics)
i want it to play kinda like god eater but even better
i want it to have online capabilities
i want it to have NO micro transaction bullshit
you could even thrown in an eve-like economy/political system

I JUST WANT TO FIGHT MASSIVE MONSTERS WITH OVER SIZED WEAPONS ALONGSIDE MY FRIENDS

nevr evr

PLEASE

The sooner that Monster Hunter gets onto a platform with proper analog sticks, the better. Fuck this shitty-ass N3DS nub.

Personally waiting for the FreeShop version myself since that way it looks legit even to Nintendo's servers, just in case there's any kind of anti-piracy check when I go to download the 7-Eleven DLC, so can't check sorry. Try using the QR code directly from titlekeys maybe?

3ds.titlekeys.com/

Search for モンスターハンターダブルクロス, it'll be the first result (the second with 特別体験版 is the demo)

Never going to happen. At most you'll get a port like Portable 3rd and 3G got, but 5 is almost certainly going to be a 3DS game.

Even less likely. Devs for the most part aren't interested in touching the eroge console.

It's not too bad once you get the hang of it, but yeah, I'd prefer a second Slide pad, like how we used to use the Slide Pad Pro with the old 3DS.

What if 5 was on Switch?

While not impossible, it's highly unlikely to be there as an exclusive. They've been working on 5 too long to scrap it for a version on a system that's bombed as hard as the Switch will, especially since they prefer to release MonHun on handhelds. If there's a Switch version, it'll be a port of the 3DS version.

My guess is they'll either port MHXX or make the next one multiplat. Then, depending how the Switch does they go from there.

Like it or not, many people perceive the Switch as a handheld.

Only in the West, which is never going to be a driving market for MonHun

Any good longsword set for high rank MHP3rd? Sticked with low rank rathalos because the jhen armor is shit without any sharpness charm. Also stamina drain worth it? I know, its the easiest of the games, except for that retarded urgent guild quest

Beat every mission from the elder.

Kong Skull Island is like monster hunter the movie.

Literally every mission, or just the hunting ones?

I'm just saying. I spent most of the movie wanting to hunt and wear the monsters.

So easy mode were death doesn't matter?

Are you illiterate or something m8?
He said he doesn't want the shitty nubs, and you post a picture of said shitty nub.
I don't understand.

Are you blind or something m8?
He said he doesn't want the shitty nubs, and I post a picture of a god tier thinkpad nub.
You don't understand.

Remember, in faggot tongue, "proper analogue stick" means "a shitty joystick that you can only move to 8 extreme directions and does not actually handly any intermediate states"

Nintendrones: not even once.

the switch hasn't bombed

It's a TV console, it's going to bomb in Japan

it's a handheld with an HDMI port

People here consider it to be a TV console. It's too big to take out on crowded trains, so for all intents and purposes, it's not portable.

nippon men carry purses
it'll be portable enough for them

What?

Time will tell I suppose, but at least so far I have yet to see a single one in the wild. Still plenty of 3DS and Vita though.

Nippon men carry purses. What's there to not understand

I have yet to see any instances of what you could consider a purse on the person of men around. I've seen some carrying briefcases, and a few with backpacks, but none with purses.

Except when you ask about terminology it's usually something already well established in the western community for a few games.

That would only help if you played the foreignizations yourself, since those terms still usually have little to no relation to what's actually used in the games.

The switch can and will be treated as a portable by some developers. MonHunSwitch is inevitable.

The issue here is what the players treat it as.

If they get serious about pushing the Switch and release an SS remodel, sure. Otherwise, I wouldn't count on it.

Nigger, open your eyes. It's gimmick is being portable, japs love this shit. If it sells and it's selling, then capcom will develop a MonHun for it, port of not.

Forgot one more thing
Even Gamefreak is rumoured to be on the works for an exclusive Pokemon for the switch. Do you really think capcom will want to miss this bandwagon?

But that's exactly my point, it's entire gimmick is that it's a TV console, which is why it's not going to sell here.

A Nintendo first-party developing an exclusive title for a Nintendo system? Stop the fucking presses.

You're assuming there's a bandwagon to jump on in the first place.

PC isn't popular enough in japan to justify it
Though it would make bank in the west, especially if they went through steam

just play toukiden and embrace the chink knockoff

That's probably why pokemon is well known for being on home consoles, right?
You are not making any sense with your arguments.
I'm talking about post-pokemon for the switch. You just wait for a well known portable game to make sales on the switch and keep telling yourself that capcom will look at that and think "yeah, nah, I'm good"

Do you feel in charge?

But it is? There's usually a Pokemon title of some kind on the home consoles as well. Or is the rumor that specifically Pokemon 8 will be a Switch title?

The only way that's going to happen is if they release a properly handheld remodel of the Switch, which is almost guaranteed to happen if they're not making a follow up to the 3DS.

Just report and ignore, like you would with all Reddit-tier shitposters. Giving them (You)s only inspires them to beg for attention more.

Literally every mission from the elder. You have to beat 2 rajangs, one after the other unless you take too long to beat the first.

How do i get back into MHG at this point? or do i wait for the inevitable switch port they are teasing?

You don't.
You play a better Monster Hunter.
You play FU

after 700 hours i have just been enjoying vid related more. But i'm a sucker for that kind of setting.

Are the God Eater psp games any good?
I've been meaning to try them out sometime.

I've only played the PS4 version but its a more simple gameplay style but i like it. Its set in 2071 japan after the aragami appeared and devoured almost every living thing. They merge machines, animal and inorganics together so you get stuff like a walking bull elephant thing made out of tank parts and geiger tier fleshcraft or a lion topped with the had of a statue of a woman for its face that opens the face like a jaw to screech.
Theres far less areas, monsters and overall its smaller in scale but its fun.
First result is some stream archive so god knows if they are good or not but thats the gameplay for the sniper builds alright.

Doesn't even seem like God Eater Burst works on ppsspp.
welp.

You know theres a pc version right?

Does online work if you pirate?

No idea but honestly if you see it dirt cheap its worth it, not enough good monhun clones with an interesting look and world getting sequels.

Wasn't that "git gud is bad" line a joke about elitist players who don't even bother giving advice to new players and just spout memes instead? It's still cancerous but I don't think flat-out encouraging being bad is what it's driving at without a lot of reaching involved.

So, does XX have the 6 gorillion fetch quests that X did? Because that was a level of cancer I refuse to ever deal with again. My god, what were they fucking thinking

Wait what another one already? Is it just the U of X/Generations that they said totally wasn't happening?

Yep, and goyjin hunter is thanking his nippon masters for it from the cuckboard where he sleeps inbetween caring for his wifes daughter.

He looks exactly how I thought he would. Last thing I remember reading about him was his retarded defense of FE Fates' butchering. Anyway, I might look into it if somebody bothers with another translation patch since the main reason I dropped X so early was because I found out there was no G rank.

Most folks just dropped him when it turned out he is an actual cuckold and lives in a cupboard while his wife sleeps in the master bedroom with yakuza.

Didn't she have a girlfriend?

She has a lot of stuff he isn't allowed to question because he is a proper south korean feminist. He sounded proud his wife aborted their first child because it was male.

I sincerely doubt it.

It's not just that. When you first get to the Gathering Area, the quest giver girl tells you that "while they're called multiplayer quests you can take them solo, so please feel free to challenge yourself." According to a screencap someone posted of the foreign version, they change it to something like "Well, you CAN do them solo, but that's so stupid! Don't do that!" Between those and the apparent inclusion of "dude weed lmao" middle schooler-tier humor, everything I've seen of the foreign version reeks of that San Francisco hipster attitude that insists on treating oneself as a special snowflake and it not being yourself that needs to change to face the world around you, but the world that needs to cater to you.

It includes all the content from X, but your progress carries over, so as long as you don't start a brand new character you don't have to do it again.

It's basically the G version for X. And yeah, but they also claimed at the same time they wouldn't do a rerelease edition for Street Fighter of all things, aka the franchise whose entire identity revolves around that, so really, I don't think anyone took them seriously.

Is Monster Hunter actually any good? My only experience with the series is the cameos some MH Monsters had in MGS Peace Walker. I also played the Toukiden demo (PS Vita) and a bit of Freedom Wars (PS Vita). I didn't like either. Is MH better?

Just curious since I just installed CFW on my 2DS…

Get 4U and just go. What could it hurt?

Haven't played those, so I can't speak on them. I find Monster Hunter fun, personally. If you have CFW, both 3G and 4G are up on the eShop already, and XX will be up soon (you can skip X, since XX will have all of X's content.)

Does it control fine on a 2DS? You know, since it doesn't have the second nub?

You'll have to get used to either clawing or using the touch screen's virtual D-Pad camera option. No idea how feasible that is with the 2DS' layout though, never held one.

Can i carry my save data from generations over to XX? I dont want to repeat over 50 hours of gameplay.

It sounds kinda retarded but im sure that it may be possible.

Put the camera controls on the touch pad. Resize it a little fiddle with the position until you can comfortably reach it with your left thumb.

I think you'd have to convert your MHG save data to MHX beforehand.

Yeah. Just get the save converter first.

If by "Generations" you mean specifically the foreign version of X? The machine is region locked, so I doubt they would've designed with that option in mind, but it'd be worth a shot I guess.

Personally I didn't have a N3DS or CPP at the time I started so I just got used to the virtual dpad and to be honest I like it more than either of the other options. It controls fine with the virtual dpad, so you'll just have to see what you like.

Ken-sama user, sometimes I just want to strangle your autistic ass.

I'm just clarifying because some people use the foreign titles to refer to a game irrespective of region.

They'll call it something like Stratos.
Just like Astalos.

How do i get and use the save converter?

jewgle mhx save manager or something

I've been calling it Jetpackalos. It was the most retarded and unfunny name I could possibly think of for it, so it's what I'm expecting it to be.

Are you a massive idiot? Most people, I'd say at least 99%, that consider themselves to be a part of western monhun community play translated versions of the game and don't know japanese, i.e. that's a fucking given. And if they do know japanese, they still have a common sense to not be deep up their own ass about terminology which is used in discussions.
Why do you lack it?
No one cares if it's misrepresentive or doesn't translate well back to japanese, because they are playing the series that have already established it's terminology(or rather, they are in a community with an already established terminology), and they just use it to communicate. If you'll exclusively try to use "daiken", when talking about great sword, or hell forbid "大剣", most people wouldn't fucking understand you, but if they do, you would still come off as a fucking cunt. Like you are
Because most of the time, get this, it doesn't fucking matter.

Aerial, because it was a natural transition from a.GL.
I dunno, simply by dealing with it? I don't dislike it, and even made a g+1 set to have it on counters instead. Not that I've field tested it much.

How does it feel to have an abysmally shitty taste?

No, just, no.
They are fun for a few hours, but then you are met with an awful amounts of retarded shit. For starters, let's say that it's a given that most gameplay mechanics would be inferior in every single aspect since it's a clone. Ok? Ok. Now imagine the bullshit of 5 recollors with a fewer variation of monsters and arenas, and whatever else detrimental to your enjoyment(as we've already estabilished) stretched across a length equal or greater than of a g rank monhun game.

It's a washed out monhun clone.
Something that's not even related.
There are only 2(rath+) of them and only 1(tig) is an enjoyable and representative of an mh gameplay fight, which isn't a whole lot experience to make a judgment upon.

But it would be safe to say that you've had an enough amount of experience to make a decision of should you be playing the series or not, but it wouldn't hurt to try it out if you have the time.

We've been Double Crossed.

calm down user, he didn't say he enjoyed Frontier , online or Gen

Are the new styles any good?

Brave is stupidly good to the point of pretty much invalidating guild, and alchemy is shit

I was kind of disappointed with X/Gen. Mind you I still put a couple hundred hours into it but nothing like FU or 4U. Once I clear some of my backlog I might check XX out. Alchemy sounded neat but I assumed it was going to be shit.

Honestly if you didn't enjoy Gen you won't enjoy XX. From what I can tell all of the problems in Gen are still in XX and the style/Hunter Art system is only focused on more. The armor skin changing system is literally the only thing worthwhile that's been added, the new monsters are mediocre.
4U/3U/FU are still better

I'd rather have MHXX's styles than MH4G's retarded out of control RNG overload.

It's a monster hunter game, there's RNG overload no matter which one

You're still missing the point that it's godawful practice for a "localization" to be so arbitrary and terrible that two people who've played the same game in different regions wouldn't be able to understand what the other is talking about, or that it's done entirely because you have a cancerous industry where they get paid more for changing shit at random than for actually doing their supposed job of translation.

And this happens to be a time where it does, hence the clarification. Stop going out of your way to look for reasons to sperg out.

The core Monster Hunter formula has ENOUGH RNG to begin with. Monster behavior, attack choice, and drops are all you need. Charms and talismans in 3rd gen were already really pushing it and resulted in a lot of overboard autism with charm sniping.

But 4th gen took the fucking cake.

Even the generation gimmick, Frenzy, was based on RNG attack speed.

You know gen has charms right?

homebrew your 3ds and just edit in the Charms once you reach G-rank or something

Welp. Guess I'm not playing a new MH anytime soon.

Ah yes, I forgot the worst part about 4U too.

I'm not missing it, I'm avoiding addressing your point, because addressing it would solve fucking nothing since the means to solve your problem lies in you. It is you that's been missing the point. No one fucking cares why you don't understand an already established terminology, it doesn't matter if it's because it was originally hard to translate, there were cancerous localization teams, or because you are a massive cunt about this(all of those are true). But if you want to actually address those 2 other issues, you must stop having the third one, which spills on whatever the fuck else you say.
Like you telling me to not sperg out when you are doubling down on your own sperging which was completely fucking irrelevant.
1. Gen is a localized name of an X. Meaning that there could be no confusion about it, since there is a distinction of name in the community by the same principle. Surely X is more of an unclear one, but "clarifying" what gen could mean is fucking stupid.
2. You ask that question when the person's question was already answered by several people.
3. You go nowhere with it. Be it that because of the 2nd point or because you are an autistic idiot which is supported by this

And let's imagine for a second, that the problem you are trying to highlight is important. Why don't we have more people from different regions sperging about how they can't understand words? I seriously hope that you know that there are more region categorizations that can be done besides east and west. Meaning, there are more than just 2 language versions of a said game. Hell, why it's only you that is concerned with this? I'm not meaning localizations as a whole here. I believe you are the only person constantly making a scene when you personally don't understand something and show visible reluctance to do a research on what words can mean which makes even spoonfeeding an unpleasant experience. Please, stop doing this, it's extremely annoying to everyone involved and uninvolved.
I know, other translations are likely to be derivatives of english, but that doesn't leave out all of the reasons for people of other regions to not be a cunt about the smallest of problems that they personally could solve by themselves.

And it wasn't when I was writing that post. The reply set you're talking about was within about two minutes of the original post. Again, stop looking for reasons to sperg out.

and you should stop sperging out unwarrantedly in every MH thread

we get it

You could always give an answer based on what answers there could be, which there are not many, instead your first main goal was to clarify things for yourself, adding an unnecessary process in a communication between you and others.

Other than that, if by ignoring everything else you want to say that you've acknowledged that and trying to compensate for it somehow then good on you, but I feel this has to be said, since this kind of situation happened several times with what it feels like no improvement on your part. Or even worse, you've decided that there are others to blame(localizations) and went done with it.

I get where you're coming from but

Come on, guy.

No, it was quite the opposite, my post said that they could've complained about it, but they chose not to. Or at least not as frequent as this guy.

No, you don't understand. You're assuming that the fact that they aren't complaining about it ON AN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IMAGE BOARD is proof that they chose not to complain about it, and not that they simply chose to frequent a non-English language image board instead. The fact of the matter is that 8ch is an English board for English speakers. Not only are you not going to find very many non-English speakers, but they are heavily discouraged from trying to communicate in any language besides English.

What you're assuming is the result of some vast stoicism with regards to translation errors that exists for all languages but English is more likely than not a simple small sample bias.

Do people like this still exist?

current year

wtf i love frontier now

The irony is this was inevitable

Frontierfags unapologetically asked for this.

Did they seriously actually use the fucking teleport sound effect from Dragonball Z?

Soulsfags
Dark souls fags are Above French IG shitters in skill but they never really seem to get gud.
In Gen they have a crutch with Bushido but even they can successfully fuck that up.
All in all avoid in 4U and wonder how they fail at EZ mode Generations.

MHXX IS UP ON FREESHOP

Sasuga freeshop.

Fuck and they're never going to backtrack on it are they?
yfw capcom morphs MH into mobileshit

It's already mobile shit.

Alright, theres an english patch with 70 percent complete.
JapFags, is it better than X? I dont care about how shit it is compared to 4U, i just want some new content.

+ Adds various quality of life features
- Added Gravios

Much better

MONSTER GEAR SOLID CONFIRMED

Gravios and Khezu have no reason to exist since Uragaan and Gigginox were created

Gravios did nothing wrong

at least Khezu has a different element than (standard) Gigginox

Are all (other than DLC) mhgen armors getting GRank versions on mhxx?
Also anyone got details on the new armor skills (specially deviant ones) and balance changes?

I dropped him after he started doing shitty videos that are not about monster hunter, what the fuck happened to him?

What if Monster Hunter XXX features the option to buttfuck other Hunters or Monsters to assert your dominance? Or let yourself be dominated by Monsters or fellow Hunters?

+Added Armor skin swapping so you can look decent
-G-rank HP bloat is worse than ever
-Seriously I swear to god monsters have 10k hp

It's exactly the same quality wise

Right now there's a bug where some dlc weapons/armor get turned into late G rank stuff because the IDs are the same.
For example, falchion turns the final boss SnS(310 raw, 3 slots), some random armor becomes congala, etc, etc

Hyper devijho has 22k hp.
For reference, gogmazios has 18k.

I am a little upset.

So is it better than X?

It has G-Rank what do you think?

Hey it you that fag, I bought that shit but sadly I still cant open the back inside of my n3ds haha. FUCK! I remembered why I cant play EX-troopers now.

All you have to do is snip off the original nub, you don't have to disassemble the whole thing. You won't miss it.

Yeah no, I dont wanna get rid of something without being sure the replacement will be better and the though of a piece of it still inside hurts.

I just hope that if I go from MHG to MHX then up to MHXX, I can bring it back to MHGU if/when it comes out.

You want to replace the C-stick on the N3DS?
Just do it. A bunch of people on here and GBAtemp have said it's easy to do, and apparently the nub from a PSP is a good fit, as is a small nub from a thinkpad. Both can be bought off Amazon for a couple dollars.

Google how to do it if you're unsure, but the innards of the 3DS family are pretty easy to navigate except THAT FUCKING 2DS AND THE FUCKING RIBBON CABLES.

I know I'm being impatient but fuck I need my clownsuit fix. All of these busted old HR sets NEED TO GO.

Truly suffering

Just legally acquired MHXX, how do I use styles as Nyanta?

They're baked in based on the type of cat.

Which one has Brave?
Do any have Alchemy style?

I'm autistic enough that I can work out the skills I want in my head.
This fashion thing is great. Now I can run around as the Nyan Cat Gourmew Chef while not being useless.

Try playing on a 2DS. I use them as my hands are big and I can't see 3D, so it was a logical choice for me, but I found that MonHun is easier to play without having to hunch over the 2 screens. The flat surface of the console makes it much nicer.

I've gotten fairly damn good at the game since picking it up at 3 GS only, mind you, and that's with using my fingers to move the on-screen d-pad.

no, cats do not have styles like that.

Fuck. Well at least my main cat has aerial, I just wish it was selectable for cat since I wanted to see cat bushido without needing to move off my main cat.

The only thing cats are good for anyways is stealing monster parts for you. Nyanta mode is still totally trash.

Still faster clear times than horn and Gunlance

Like winning the special olympics.

Hey the competition for above 15 minute clear times is fierce. The Hunting horn is the king of that which means it needs to be nerfed again. Really horn users are lucky to even play the game, 30 minute clear times for horn is the goal.

>Remember when Gunlance HH was actually good?

Remember corner horners?

no.
Horns weren't good in 4U either

What on EARTH possessed me to make such a poor decision?

Maybe a subconcious desire to become a pedicurist for aquatic mega fauna?
Did you get paid in cash or hipchecks?

so Horns are the meme weapon of this generation?

I remember when it was gunlances, lances, and bows.

GL was tied with HH as meme weapon up until XX where now GL is tied with Nyanter in the meme tier but still not so bad.
I feel like Bow got a huge hit due to the hp inflation that hyper brings too, since their good coatings are limited as fuck and even if your bow can load both Power 1 and 2 you'll run out of them in hyper hunts.

Bow still had its niche in MHX with being able to stun-lock a bunch of monsters when you used that one Teostra Bow with Bushido style. I don't know if that carried over to MHXX at all.

The Teostra bow is good, but falls off hard in G rank. It's final upgrade form has mere 280 Raw, where the lower average is 300.
The best bow for G rank is probably the karma sedition with like 330 raw and the good as fuck close range coating bonus, but it's not cheese tier like Teostra bow in gen was.

saving bump

SHiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit it's that fucking dead?
better start some quality shitposting conversation topics

I get rekt coming from 45FPS+ MH4U back to 30FPS MHG due to me dodging attacks early due to MH4U's Sanic fast teleshitter monsters, does anyone else have that problem when coming back from MH4U?
Do you miss the silky smooth framerate you got on NEW3DeSu that meant you didn't drop frames when fighting Apex monsters?

I'd rather not bother. It certainly got better in XX though.
I don't fucking know either? This shit didn't happen in 3U nearly as much as it happened in 4U and Gen. Although in XX all players are aware of skills so maybe it's a problem with murrcans?
You can always hop onto mp and get carried
Wrong way to spell [my favorite weapon] :^)
It's not though? It's not low tier or anything but it doesn't even come close to the bullshit that striker lance is.
IG got nerfed really hard, and aerial made it lose its main gimmick(I can mount without relying on ledges)
In 4U, rajang's sanic attack. I hadn't had anything like that in gen/xx yet.
Latter all the time for sure.

In no particular order:
I got the smooth FPS on a 2DS. Don't know why people kept saying it had drops, I certainly never saw them.
IG isn't Je Suis Monte anymore due to Aerial style forcing all monsters to have higher thresholds for mounting.
SA is broken due to the weapon-specific arts.
Gunlance is shit and I can't think of how to fix it. Short of copying lance and just lowering non-explosion damage while upping explosion damage.
No one realises armour skills need 10 points. They assume it's like a generic RPG system where you get +3 Attack and that's that.
Building off the last point, MHG/X brought in a bunch of Dark Souls players who think they're good at video games due to playing meme difficulty: the game. If someone asks you how to get into MH, and mention they play Dark Souls, avoid them like the plague.
SnS isn't for pros. True pros are GS mains with autistic knowledge of every single HP bar and land those Lion's Maw/Brimstone Slashes on the Tigrex charging them from across the map.
30FPS is fine. Bling is bling, and I've never had a problem going back and forth with 4U and G.

The one monster attack that somehow always gets me is the charge from the Bulldrome. Fuck those 45 degree turns. GS is bad enough to position on fast monsters, but fuck that shitty monster and it's teleporting charge.

Small motion value increase overall and make shells do damage based on raw instead of shot level. There, I just fixed GL

Oh and also, change the shots doing fire damage no matter what. Make them do elemental damage according to the GL's element, or extra raw if no element.

Varying shot levels are pure cancer. Leads to a pitiful pool of viable endgame weapons if you actually want to some fucking gunlancing.

GL is definitely not shit, and I made it work in MHG. But to make it work as something not gimmicky would require tremendous amount of rebalancing, basically reconstructing the weapon from the ground. Stuff like and will only worsen the situation.
Because they exploited the fuck out of mh community's generosity. And because the portion of the game before G-rank has become easier.
See above. In short, because it's not a requirement anymore to play the game.
Only if it's not a status sns. And even then I know people that are no pros that main SNS.
Because it got nerfs for at least 2 games. That's why when we get introduced with HA's that are related to boosting sword mode it becomes boring garbage.
1. Because mounts now can't be interrupted.
2. Because it became less popular in France for some reason?
Frenzy jho pin, any attack that is followed after you get knocked back by apex bullshit armor, shigeru's ground farts, aoematsu and nu-bulldrome in general…

How long are we going to continue with this meme rhetoric? There is less ground behind it than in a "DkS brought in a bunch of monhun players, because of some developers switching sides".

It's shit compared to the other weapons.
why?
Why? GL's main problem is the lack of damage, how would measures meant to fix that worsen the situation?

What are we comparing? TAs or general performance? In TAs GL is required to be worse than everything that relies on hitzones for it to be balanced(so, pretty much every weapon). In general, it's way easier to do an above average performance with GL than with pretty much any other weapon given that you minmaxed your equipment+style set up.
Well, 1. because it is in it's core a gimmicky weapon(I think people forget about it when they are talking or complaining about it); and 2. see below.
Because most of it is aimed at boosting shells, which are in no way underpowered, it's quite the opposite. Boosting MVs across the board isn't a bright idea either, because it wouldn't make sense in comparison to lance for example and it wouldn't feel natural. GL's main problem is a lack of DPS, in other words it's slow and rigid as fuck. To make it not slow but agile, it would require rethinking the whole moveset of GL and applying boosts where it needs, which is in no way a trivial task compared to simple number changes in formulas.

I'll expand on this part further.
Because the measures aren't thought trough. Because it would make the weapon more trivial and a trivial weapon with a tendency to be disruptive to others shouldn't be given to a general audience.

Both. MVs are too low, weapon selection is poor and outside of brave in XX GUNlancing will always do less damage than gunLANCING.
And so? It's easy to be above average with any weapon if you minmax your set up, all you're saying here is that GL has low skill ceiling.
I don't think we've played the same games, shelling is really underpowered, it's inferior to shell just for the hell of it 99% of the times, you'll do more damage by using shells to link stabs only in all situations bar a really low raw GL with wide 5s.
Like GS, but wow GS has high dps, must be because of the MVs right? So how would boosting GLs MVs not help?
Why do you insist in this so much? You keep going "it's more complicated than it looks like" and offering no possible solution, you want GL to be something else entirely it seems, the moveset is fine all it needs is more DPS as you said.

What's even the meaning of trivial in this context?
No matter what, all weapons have disruptive potential, in group play you're supposed to counteract that by changing your playstyle slightly. Even if what you said was true, and GL was guaranteed to be disruptive no matter what, then at the very least it'd make GL better for solo-2 people hunts and give it it's own niche.

Why does hammers always use crab armour in fanart?
AFAIK it doesn't offer any useful skills beyond just looking good.

You don't know what you are talking about. In X and XX GUNlancing will do more damage than gunLANCING given that you aren't a fucking retard. gunLANCING performs better than GUNlancing in 3u, 4u(since shelling is too slow) and TAs(since weakspot hunting is the king). But since it's gunLANCING and not just LANCING it would be always worse in that regard than everything else.
No, it means that it's easy to perform better than any other weapon in the same situation. Everything can't be above average, because it would be all on the same point or, in other words average.
And that's why I'm stating that you don't know what you are talking about. Hell, shouldn't that be an indicator that maybe you are missing something?
Are you stupid? GS is literally a one hit wonder and GL is not. You don't go for not charged hits because of their comparatively low motion values since that's not the case with them. Like come on, there shouldn't be a need for me to point this out.
Maybe because of the first part of your sentence? Fuck, this wording itself implies that you understand that "change of moveset" is not something trivial, so why are you accusing me of this?
No, it's not. On the ground it's slow as fuck, rigid and doesn't offer much options for comboing, positioning and pursuing. It had pretty much no speed boosts to it's moveset since forever, while the game has been moving forward. Guild style is completely obsolete at this point.
There is no very least situations at this point. There is a massive amount of retards in the monhun community that reside in pub halls. And if the weapon is considered easy enough they are going to use it no matter what. How can you not understand this? You are trying to argue reason with something that denies it.

I'll separate some of my points from a reply for an easier understanding.
Gunlance shelling(or to be more concrete, gunlance burst shelling) is somewhat overpowered if you boost it and use styles that can be utilized as shellingcentric.
"Somewhat" because it lies in the grey area where it's not good enough to be TA worthy, and people are too preoccupied with the preconceptions to listen to arguments lying outside of the general idea about the weapon.
If we want for a gunlance to be balanced, then it should perform fine without leaning to any of the extremes. No GUNlancing or gunLANCING, GUNLANCING. And GUNLANCING is currently the worst of the three.

If you really want to hear my ideas of how to change the GL then here you go.
Give shelling more options for comboing, positioning and pursuing. Basically, make it a more technical, potentially cuhrazy weapon. That way it would have the benefits of a higher DPS weapon than it previously was, but wouldn't attract people that don't give two fucks about everyone and everything that surrounds them.

Maybe because it gave +20 def in fu and Ham was overpowered as fuck in 2nd gen? Basically a noob setup.

Dark Souls players generally shat up my 140 rooms constantly via carting and spouting Dark souls shoutouts.
I generally have a dim view on anyone who joins with a "PRAISE TEH SUN" shoutout as they think they can roll through everything without evasion+1.

Holy fucking fuck those damn frenzy eruptions literally made standing still impossible in 140 GQs.

It's only disruptive if you decide to walk infront of the end where the BOOM come out, the amount of times i did that and had GL users shit themselves because i was hosting was large but it's generally players walking into the "Pretty blue light" that launches their ass across the map.
I only seem to find considerate GL users across MH games online who aren't deliberately out to fuck your shit across the map.

I've never experienced such a thing. But maybe it's just that US zone has a different kind of retardation compared to EU one, so wouldn't exclude the possibility of it ever happening to you.
Shouldn't you have a dim view on anyone that spouts memes in public?
I'd bet more on them being just bad, but as I've said I didn't experience this, so can't state anything for sure.
Because only a person that is on terms with reason can use the GL properly. But the post that you are replying doesn't refer to them, it refers to people that would use it if GL would become good on a very basic level, i.e. if it would have high MVs and shelling damage.

Moar high quality MH questions for every Los and Ian

Deviant Seregios? Deviant Najarala?
Najarala needs more attention as it's probably the least hunted monster on MHG IMO. MY GAWD I LOVE THOSE ICE HITZONES

Since 2nd gen I've viewed them as the same subspecies as DS mains - tryhards, but in a not so negative way, since proper gunning requires serious preparation and research. So, autistic tryhards with a bigger impact on a neutral autism than a negative tryhardism.
What?
Other than that, I'd say that guild requires solo only urgents, to help out with the nub problem online.
I would like for frenzy, gqs and relics to return. Apex can go fuck itself. Or unfuck with mind's eye and gunlance being a viable counter, rather than a joke.
As long as it's something interesting and separate, new, unlike 3u's where it's a required chore.
Because it's a lao/jhen/whatever on a miniature scale.
Because it doesn't make any bit of sense?
Because the deviants of him and an arzurors are fucking cunts and are unenjoyable to hunt, especially since the rewards fucking suck. Don't have any idea of the top of my head who would I want to be instead of them, so they are probably a good fit for the role.
NO.

Bow users are bros.

I want MH to be good again

Yes.

Oh yes, this

What? You could not find two groups of people that are further apart.

DS users aren't tryhards, DS is for people who don't wanna try at all. No particular skill or effort is required to kill monsters with it, all you really need to do is to spam Devils Dance until the monster drops. Therefore it's pretty much THE beginner weapon.

Reversely Gunning requires a bit of skill and some knowledge to be proficient.

No, it's not, LS is THE beginner weapons.
DS requires pursuing weakspots which isn't something easily achievable with their reach. But other than that it's very simplistic, that's why they are tryhards. Same goes for gunners(simplistic moveset, main goal is pursuing weakspots), but there is an addition of autistically preparing the item stash, item pack for the quest and equipment skills for shot types.
That's how I can put them in the same group. The end goal and the means to achieve it are the same and only the complexity differs.
In other words, they are trying hard for something that is not a problem for every other weapon and they feel content with it.
And yes, sure, they as people individually may show entirely different personality, but the thing that I judge them by is always the same.

I don't think your understanding of the word "tryhards" fits in with the established conventions of neither the english language nor the MonHun community.
An example for an actual gunner tryhard:

Also:
>Not being a retard requires to not be 1c909b. But other than that it's very simplistic

Step up your game, fampai.

Man you should've made it a bit harder for me to notice that you never played gunner.

Nah, It's more common to see beginners use DS rather LS as their first weapon.
though LS is still a beginners weapon tho

Whatever they are successful tryhards or not, doesn't change the fact that they are trying too hard for my liking.
DS's 2nd gen moveset as we've already established is spamming DD. XA B XA B XA B
Gunner's moveset is spamming shots. A A A A A X A A A A B A X
Hammer isn't simplistic since there is more to it than a repeating negligible combination of movements.
GS can be simplistic, but GS users don't have to try hard, that's why we aren't talking bout them.
Aight, I'm not a 1c909b anymore, check and mate, now bow to my superior intelligence.

Gunning isn't about just shooting weakspots with occasional reloads? Well, alright, you don't really have to aim with pierce, but other than that I'm pretty sure I'm right.
Also, are you stating that autistic preparation isn't the part of gunners daily life?
And what does playing gunner have to do with my opinions on it? If I didn't and am wrong just dismissing what I'm saying without explaining why it's wrong is a poor move.

Never saw this opinion as something widely accepted, but if it is, it doesn't really change anything. It would just say that beginner DS users are likely to morph into tryhards.

You mean Pellet?

Don't you know about critical distances?
No? I play gunner myself and preparing a pounch doesn't take more than 30 seconds.

Yeah, Getting ammo would be just as autistic as getting whetstones and potions i.e. not at all

Honestly the amount of prep for gunning means that they are the last ones to get ready but a good gunner is worth two blademasters, right?

What i meant was a village quest that they HAVE to complete to get something needed for online play just like the Wystones or for the meta like Hayabusa fedora.
Basically a barrier that says "get gud".
Two monster quests seem to do this well as most players don't know about dungbombs, then again most players never got the 2nd Wystone and were promptly booted out of every serious lobby.

Why no deviant Seregios? He at least deserves a sub-species doncha think?

Nope. No autistic prepping here. I run out of rounds it's game over, bring combines to make more then shit rounds into target.

Try these on for size:

Sounds familiar? ::::::::::::^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^))))))))))))))

No, I mean pierce.
Pellet does a shit job if you don't aim it at specific parts from specific angles, unlike pierce, that does at least a decent job in the same setting.

I wonder, why Dead Eye isn't that popular with anyone, hmm.
That's because you are dedicated to it, you've accepted it into your life as a norm, that's why you don't find it as autistic, as someone else could.
Except that you have to spend your time on preparing combination materials(going out of your way to farm for something other than herbs, blue mushrooms and honey) to combine them into ammo on the quests, gun specific item sets, gun specific equipment sets, researching elemental AND raw hitzones(and build several guns that are tied with several different armor sets which in the end ties with different item sets). Sure, when all of that is done you only need 30 seconds to prepare for the hunt, maybe spending an additional time by switching around some preprepared sets to fit for a specific hunt.

And just for a second, I'm arguing my view from a FU background, obviously much has changed, pretty much all the problems that you've had to try hard for to mitigate have been streamlined(like farm and fish catching). But some things are still there, that's why my opinion still makes sense for me.

Sure, but as I've said my opinion on them is more neutral than anything.
Again, NO.
Because that shit would obviously spread on non-key quests(which it already did with village requests) and would be an unnecessary pain in the arse. Also, 4Us guild quest requirement for village quests was a bullshit too.
I find my solution to be a more natural way to solve the problem.
Sub-species - ok. Deviant cunt that spams bleed like no tomorrow and has moves dedicated to fuck you up - what is wrong with you.

I just went for the closest one matching with my idea of tryhard for the situation, for people I'm trying to describe.
Also, using
as something credible. If you don't understand why it's bad I'll explain: because it's not descriptive of the term itself and what it is supposed to mean. But alright, it explains the context, so since you are urging me to pick one, I'll pick the 1st.

Except that you need to consider around 10 ammo types and combining materials for them when constructing your item set ON TOP of potions and whatever else a non-gunner could need.

In multiplayer hunts monsters jump around a lot, they're bound to go off your critical distance sooner or later, and if you're cycling between multiple types of ammo you gotta keep that in mind.
But I've been a GS main for the entire series bar Gen and XX.
The only combines you'll ever need are normal 2 and pierce 1(maybe pierce 2). The normal 2 combines can all be bought, and if using the farm to cycle latchberries 10 times is autism I don't know what to say.
wow just like blademasters…
wow just like blademasters…

Pellet auto homes in on weakpoints.
In my experience it the only ammo type were you don't have to manually aim.

so, Hunters are super human right? Like, really super human? Normal guards and what not seem to never be able to fight shit like jaggies, while hunters can get hit devil-jo's and shit, fall into lava and keep on fighting

Hunters are supposed to be normal humans but X and XX didn't get the memo

Normal? you sure about that? it makes a lot more sense that they are something more with the shit they do

Yes they are normal.
That's why in the early games the hunters are absolutely puny in strength and health compared to the monsters they fight

They're regular people, but they're just really, really good at hunting stuff.
There's a reason why the guild showers you praise every end game, no one else can hunt shit

Can't pellet online with blade memers though but it is tasty in solo.

Normal guards? You mean the guys with Lances?
They are hunters.
One was dispatched to spy on some Hunters who were selling monster parts on the black market.
He helped take down a Plesioth during a no armor quest whilst using a HH.

You still didn't answer why Dead eye isn't even considered by gunners. Because that is tied to how relevant critical distance actually is.
And that somehow invalidates my claim that you've accepted gunning as a norm? What?
If you aren't going for anything other than normal 2/shitty pierce, then good for you, but I don't see how is this viable when you are maining the gun.
Except there isn't much difference in weapon types or requirements to make it autistic, like the gunning is. If you go raw with blademaster, you can just make a single set and roll with it. If you go raw gunning there is at least 4 sets that you can build: crag+clust, pierce up, pellet up, pierce up. If you are using elemental weapon as a blademaster you can roll with your raw and not give a damn. If you are using an elemental gun, you are pretty much forced to build an elemental centric set for it to be worth using the shots. Same for hitzones.

Except no? I believe hunters were considered to be super humans by lore, or in other words, them being super humans were considered a norm.
But to my knowledge neither one or the other opinion was clearly reflected in the monhun dialogue, so take it with a grain of salt.

Except dead eye is actually a pretty nice skill for pierce gunning as it guarantees all pierce 2 and 3 shots will be crit distances?
Elemental shot combines aren't worth it at all as you can only get 10 extra shots.
Crag and clust aren't raw based. Pellet is a fucking joke, and you don't need spefic sets for pierce and normal unless you're min maxing damage.
Except this is false? The shots are always worth using so long as the monster is weak to it.
How? Sure you can get by without knowing hitzones but it helps a lot no matter if you're a blademaster or gunner.

That'd be in the same way you can call a highly skilled athlete "super human", it doesn't actually make them one, they are just really good at what they do.

Good point, but why people take pretty much anything else related to boosting raw than something that boosts crit distance's distance? Because it isn't that much relevant?
Well, it's still an extra equipment set, meaning a separate gun and a separate armor set for each element.
You wat. Crag and clust is equal to raw in a sense that they are going to work regardless of monster's elemental weaknesses. Aight, hitzone ignoring weapons deserve a whole other category and crag I believe does a tiny bit of fire damage, but come on.
Except when it utterly rapes zin and diablos.
You could as well say that you don't need to drop in damage boosting skills in a set for gunning to be viable, that's not the point. Shot Up skills give the biggest boosts for a single skill, and when you consider a set that includes some kind of damage boosting, you take these skills first. If you are raw boosting gun, you have separate sets with different guns, when you are boosting melee weapons you have a singular best raw set. If you are going for an utility set then it doesn't matter if you are gunning or blademastering, you might as well use the same set of skills.

Well, regardless, to find how it actually is, we'd need to inspect the mh dialog lines, which I believe nobody would bother to do. R-right?

I didn't want to believe this was becoming like frontier but holy shit

Are you guys gonna buy MHXX if it gets localized or no?

It's a valfalk only gimmick, so I don't see any issue with it. His armor seems nice too
AuM(17 points)
Keep Run (Can't run out of stamina from running or brave guarding)
Dragon Aura (When under 2/3 hp, you get dragonblighted and your atk gets multiplied by 1.1)
Resuscitate

Yep, it's only really useful for pierce 2 and 3 where the distance for getting all 5-6 hits as crits is extremely small.

I just hope the helios x gunner armour can carry me through g rank like the wroggi s gunner did. Also, what is a good all around lbg to use with it? I've been crutching on the ian lbg because wroggi had normal up but I can't for the life of me think of one to go with the set.
Fuck this is for bows isn't it. I'm also thinking I might have fucked myself over landing table 10 when I've barely been using blademaster sets.

Gunbros save me.

I already bought it, why would I bother with a localization?

waiting more for translated menus and items patch than an actual localization god knows what kind of bullshit they will put in the dialouge.

to be honest I find it more bizarre than anything else that they finally made weapons like this, it looks like something out of a monster hunter hack

but I have to admit the armor is pretty neat and the golden spider mantis armor is very exploitable from what I've seen.

It's literally just the regular old normal Lance from previous gens.

v2 of the English patch is out.
gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

not that guy but what's bullshit about striker lance?

Running charge > poke's poke got buffed to have 70 MV(as much as a level 2 GS charge, for reference) in striker, this coupled with guard rage makes it insanely strong, in pretty much all speedruns striker lance ranks #1 now.

Will they translate everything or is it just a barebones translation?

They went pretty decently in depth with the MHX one, but that was before the localization announcement, so expect this one to be mainly quest names, item names, and menus

I don't think even the pre-localization MHX translation ever intended to translate the dialog or quest descriptions. People don't realize that Monster Hunter actually has a god damn ton of dialog text.

More than Ace Attorney Hamburgers in California, apparently.

There's a new tool for 3DS translations. It's a million times easier to do the work for, and there's a bunch of redditors on there who use it to learn Japanese, they don't care about the game, so it goes pretty fast.

I recall one of them saying they'd do G-rank quest translations, as MHG already had LR and HR done, but don't quote me on that as I can't find sauce.

My confidence is at an all time low. You're still better off just learning the god damn runes yourself than relying on that wretched hive of liberalism.

You are always better off learning to read your games for yourself. Don't ever let people tell you what your games say.

I only call them redditors because that's where I found the Discord group they use while searching for translation tools.
They actually started on GBAtemp, and are autistic about 1:1 translations; no memes allowed.

It should be fine.
Considering the other options are learn Japanese or wait for Capcom to meme it (though they don't meme it as much as other games), it's a fair trade off.

The project lead said he wouldn't translate dialogue for fear of C&D.

Which would be odd, considering foreignization companies have shown time and again that they have zero interest in translating anything.

Does Dragon Aura stacks with Adrenaline+2?
just imagine the damage

no sex surgery on my hunter then
and yes, i know about transmog

Well, time to try a new weapon out.
10 years is a long time to main GS. It's time I picked up something new.

Any suggestions? I can literally only play Guild GS, so whatever you suggest will be 100% foreign to me.

I thought about bow, but I'm wary of the BGs and Bow since they need you to keep on top of item management, both during and between hunts.

So its like the star knight from 4u? and got pics of it?

Like some anons posted befor, It's really not as bad as non-gunners think.

To expand upon that guy's questions… am I going to be able to convert a XX save to the American release whenever that comes out? Or would I be stuck on the half-translated Japanese version forever?

MHX to MHG came out within 24 hours.
I'd expect something similar for this.

Only foreseeable problem is that some of the items are improperly numbered in MHXX, so things can sometimes get messed about.
Just make a backup of MHG, then if there's any items not moving over to MHX/XX, you can gen them in later to MHGU.

If you're just starting with X/XX, then ignore all that, and the answer is yes, there probably will be.

What's best for bows?
Attack up or normal/pellet/pierce up?

normal up/pierce up is better if you have more than 200 DMG (10% bonus)
atk up is better if you have less (20 raw)
pellet up is always better (20% bonus)

I put around 2 hours into Gen, so yeah I'll just be starting a new game with XX. Thanks for the advice!

Thanks user.
I guess I'll start looking up some new bow sets then I'm in village highrank in FU

Bows are at least 2 or 3 times less autism than BGs, but trade dmg and status output for mobility and, as I've said, less autism.
LBG is a status king, HBG is a DPS king on a stunlocked monster.
Bow is the best option to fill the role of support and a ranged weapon, which couldn't be filled by GS, but no matter what you pick, it will feel weak at first.
Other than that, I don't know how to recommend you anything if you didn't already feel the need to switch weapons. I throughout the series took different weapons that I thought are best for a corresponding task. So, if I were to try to recommend an alternative for the role that is filled by GS, then that'll be CB and LS.

No, they didn't prove that point at all. Especially since it wasn't established if I was a gunner or not.

Focus.
Pellet is stupid, since you might as well use a blademaster weapon at this point.

There's only one armour set that gives focus AFAIK

What?

if you're starting up a new fresh game and picking up bow, save yourself some early game aggravation and pick yourself up a set of ludroth armor.

I miss purple ludroth

I believe there is at least 2?
Lvl4-5 spread has ridiculous arrow spread and crit distance of ~equal or less than 2 rolls. So you might as well use blademaster weapon if you are standing that close, especially if you'll have an idea of hitting weakpoints with this arrow type.

I know of the Kushala armour, which is the 2nd one?

It's really not that bad, it works well on monsters with wide profiles. Also I've always felt like the crit distance is slightly more than 2 rolls, nevertheless it's still a big difference from meleeing.

Spread works wonderful on monsters whose weapoints are either head/neck, tail or wings.

Dummy and white fatalis :^).
I've never seen the point, since I've taken the bow to deal with monsters outside of a melee range, so using spread seems counterproductive to me.

spread IS outside of melee range. Are you trying to imply scatter is used point blank?

Great example of a monster were scatter works great imo better than any blademaster weapon is Khezu.
You can stay outside the range of pretty much all his attacks but you'll still be close enough so he can't land on you when he does his stupid jump. Just keep shooting and he's dead in like 3 min with barely any effort.

I skipped Gen entirely, have no CPP and haven't ever gunned in my life. How painful would this be if I started from the beggining of XX with it?

Why not take rapid instead? Khezu is a great example of a monster with an easy to hit head weakspot.

spread IS outside of melee range. Are you trying to imply scatter is used point blank?

Great example of a monster were scatter works great imo better than any blademaster weapon is Khezu.
You can stay outside the range of pretty much all his attacks but you'll still be close enough so he can't land on you when he does his stupid jump. Just keep shooting and he's dead in like 3 min with barely any effort.

If only the clock said 9:11

At that point of the game using the Kut-ku stave would still deal more damage. But yes Rapid is generally the most viable arrow type on most monsters.

For a monster like Diablos, using a rapid bow would be a waste of time since his weak-point is the tail. At best you'd only be able to hit with two arrows from critical distance with a rapid bow, but with a scatter bow you can easily hit all or at least most of the arrows on the tail from critical range.

Then again, I don't think rapid is that much better on Khezu, since you can't land all his arrows on his tiny weak-point anyway. So using scatter and and aiming for the neck and head would at least as much damage.

Here's from someone who mained GS ever since FU and switched to gunner in Gen/XX.
First of all, don't listen to the resident retard , the "item management autism" is literally going into the vendor, and buying your shots. That's as far as it goes, you don't have to bother with combines outside of 1: brave HBG, 2: solo bow or 3: 3+ monster hunts.
Generally, LBG and HBG don't require that many skills, so they're nice to start out. LBG can both go elemental or raw, for raw pierce 1 stands out as best, it does a lot of damage more than normal 2, has a nice critical distance and all the 3 shots are fairly close together, allowing you to hit weak spots. Elemental is elemental, whatever works as long as it can rapid fire the level 1 verison of the shot, and has pierce/level 2 elementals as internals. Note that pretty much all LBGs come with enough shots for 1 status appliance(be it sleep, poison or para)(2 appliances if a monster is specifically weak to that status), if you ever want more you'll have to bring either combines or status atk+X, but those generally aren't needed.
HBG is pure raw, it can do elemental but it's worse than LBG at it generally, you want something that can siege either pierce 1, 2 or normal 2, 3. HBG doesn't need any skills but evade extender is nice to have if you're not adept.
Bows are a different beast, they have a huge problem with running out of coatings mid hunt due to their low amount(power coatings, the stuff that actually lets you do damage, is limited to 50 per hunt, or 70 with combines)(this is why seregios bows are nice, they turn close range coatings into power 2 coatings, giving you 70 uses total without combines, or 110 with them). Also, bows actually have required skills. First of all, lacking focus will hinder your damage a lot, and some bows straight up cannot work without load up(which requires barrage earrings which requires arena grindan). Bows tend to be pretty nice at burst damage though, and work pretty well in multiplayer hunts. Also, if you can get a set with focus and load up, the teostra bow becomes a beast and will easily carry you through all of high rank's content(falls off hard later on, though)

Oh, I was looking for Chaos Gore Magalalalalong. I wish they would slow down the game play a bit.

Is it me or MHXX has actually a higher framerate than X?

It seems to be more stable than gen for some reason

(^:
>HBG doesn't need any skills
Self contradiction and an objectively wrong statement.
Saying that HBG and LBG don't require attack skills(given that we are talking an attack LBG and not a support whore) is like saying that sharpness+1 isn't required in g rank on non-white weapons.
Retardation.
Except for high level shots, that you would probably like to use past midHR since they do the most damage(requires something like recoil+ to compensate though). And if some of them are manageable, other ones require expensive materials to maintain. And if not it's expensiveness, the sheer amount of bullets and materials you need to maintain would overwhelm you if you are not autistic enough.
I think we are forgetting something. Maybe lvl2 powershots?
You can always take a bow that doesn't require load up. Appropriate elemental bow with lvl4 is pretty much as good as raw lvl5 on 4th charge, since 4th charge doesn't scale elemental and difference between lvl4 and 5 is pretty much negligible(7.5% at worst and 0% at best depending on a shot type).

They don't require any skills, yes attacking skills help but not having them won't make you useless like focus-less GS would.
Guy was obviously talking about starting out as gunenr so no he doesn't need elemental up skills that early on.
Stop exposing that you don't play gunner with every single line of yours.
1- high level shots don't necessarily do more damage, pierce 3 is straight up inferior to pierce 1 and gem, and normal 3 is trash compared to 2. Those are all buyable at the store by the way.
Only "high level" shots you have to craft are status 2, which as I said, are only required if you want to apply status multiple times in a single hunt.
Doesn't change what I said, bow does pitiful damage without coatings. There's a reason why seregios bow was really good in 4U and with the advent of G rank is once again really good in XX.
Yeah this is why I said "some bows can't work without load up" not "all bows can't work without load up".

That's not the point, you idiot. There is no point in investing in elemental guns\shot setups at all without elemental up skills, because you could spend that investment in boosting your raw set that will outdo unboosted elemental.
Aight, I can play your game.
Focus-less GS wouldn't make you useless.
If we are intending to use these shots as a normal type shot, then sure. But if we are trying to use it as a pierce shot, it's better than pierce 1 and 2. And if you are maining guns, you are going to use pierce as pierce at some point.
And crags, and demon/armor/recovery if you aren't a dick, and clust if you are running a crag+clust/flyer sniping set, and pellet 3 for those special cases. And you would probably like to have combination materials ready for every shot that you can buy in store.
Are you retarded? I even explicitly went out of the way and added
line, to show what counterpoint I'm trying to argue.
Except the implication was that bows that would get a sensible boost from load up can't work without it, in a line of thought that load up is one of the required skills.

I didn't know it was possible for one person to be so retarded

Yes that is right, boosting elemental as an elemental gunner or boosting raw as a raw gunner increases your dps.
Great then lbg and hbg have no required skills.
Due to gen's pierce nerfs pierce 1 does total 27 raw, 2 does 28 and 3 does 30. Hitting all 4/5 pierce 2/3 shots is 10 times more difficult than all of 1's 3 shots, for an increase of less than 10% raw, not to mention that pierce 2 siege fire as HBG requires recoil down(making the dps lower because you could fit in a dmg skill instead) and pierce 2 rapid fire as LBG has medium wait(making the dps lower because you gotta wait a second more between shots).
Weapons that can shoot all 3 crags generally sacrifice a lot and are useless due to this very reason. Crag is straight useless in G rank due to incredibly low damage, you can go "oh but they stun" but if you used that time for straight up gunning you'd more damage, "b-but multiplayer stun" if you use crag on mutliplayer you'll knock people around as everyone wants the head as that's usually the weakest spot.
Those shots all suck and should never be used, they also are internal in gen so you don't have to craft those anyways.
"no"
Pellet is shit and shoulve never be used, it will always get outclassed by decent aim and pierce 1 or normal 2.
Only for long hunts as I mentioned.
Doesn't prove me wrong, go try to kill a monster without using coatings and see how long it takes.
some bows get a sensible boost from load up and can't work without it. This is all that was said.

At this point, given that it's not the first time on your part, I won't even bother to read whatever else you are trying to communicate to me. Because you are clearly either lacking in intelligence or pretending to have a poor reading comprehension.

"you're dum dum so I don't have to argue with you I win"
ok

Next OP, please post a link to a translated CIA. Or a link to the translation thread on GBAtemp?

I can definitely put that in the pasta, Palindrome Post user

Don't bother with a translated CIA. The niggers from GBAtemp DMCA them for Capcom because they don't want the project shut down.
They do it a lot with other projects.

Just use NTR patching. It's faster and easier to apply updates.

I'll just use the link to that thread then

Is there a way to convert the NTR translation patch into a code.bin to throw into Luma?

NTR is buggy as fuck and overall an annoying piece of software to deal with.

Total MH newbie here. So someone bought me MH3U on Wii U ages ago and I barely played it at all. A few days ago I didn't know what to do with myself so I finally gave it a shot. Played for hours and I just finished the 2-stars in the village.

I was fucking around with the various weapons and the switchaxe is the one that clicked. Love it. Online people say the "best" SA is Mizar's, which would put me on the Bone Axe >>>> Mizar path. That sound right to you guys?

Where the fuck has this game been my whole life? And why isn't this shit on PC? I bet it would be ridiculously successful as a PC game in the West (western consolefags tend to be too casual for this kind of game).

There is already a PC game, it's called Frontier and it's a Japan exclusive MMO with DBZ tier monsters, broken movesets, tonfas and an utter fucking shitload of promo equipment.
It sucks if you're a general MH fan.

If you're a traditional MH fan though, tough luck. There's some sort of rivalry between traditional and frontier fans in Japan, basically Frontier is considered the definitive PC version of MH if you want MH on PC, and having a mainline game on PC would take away from Frontier.

Dragon's Dogma PC vs DD Online is a different case, since it was Capcom USA that did all the work. Capcom USA could theoretically do all the work again but then you have to deal with ~licensing~. You see, Dangan in DD couldn't be brought over to the PC version because the license for it wasn't for any PC version, only console versions. Now imagine all those promo items getting new licenses for PC versions on top of the 3DS licenses.

And then work that into a franchise that gets yearly releases.

It's not happening user.

Basically, your best bet is if Capcom outsources a MH game to a western studio.

Don't worry though, former Riot employees have you covered.

Well meme'd, my friend.

Because devs generally don't care about the eroge console.

I doubt anything can really be successful in the West that isn't Call of Madden Theftcraft

Don't bother with what people say is the "best" weapon up until you get to the end. Going through the game you should keep 3-4 weapon paths going and just use whatever hits hardest.
I don't know either, maybe because the devs are afraid of releasing a game that cannot be played without a controller on PC?
At least we have the psp ones and tri, I guess.

The main reason they have moved to portable is because that way they can stagnate their work
Aint happenin bruv

I scanned the qr code with FBI but nothing happened, i just point the camera at it but nothing happens. Wat do?

Try downloading the cia instead, I guess.

Frontier can be played on keyboard and it's built off of Gen 2, and MH Online is basically made for keyboards.
MH Online also sucks though and is the usual chinese fun vampire MMO

Is your FBI updated? You are using the Remote Install option? If that fails, it's also up on FreeShop proper now, so you can get it that way too.

You can get a code.ips to use Luma like LayeredFS, but I'm not certain on where to find this. You'd have to search for it using a search engine and GBAtemp.

I wouldn't say Dauntless is good. I tried it out for maybe 20 minutes, and it plays like dog shit. The combat is really slow and easy.
Also, it's F2P, so expect a bunch of fucking fags shitting it up.

First off, that's not a good thing, secondly, they're not Riot employees, most of them worked on firewalls and hosts file blocking when pirating shit.

how fucking mentally deficient are you that you can't pick a couple armor skills, then scroll through your list of craftable armor and then make all the pieces with the most points in those skills?

then put them on your body you big dummy, that's how it works

fuck off retard, you're stupid
spoken like someone who has only focused a third of their autism on learning Bow
you probably can't even tell me the raw modifiers of every charge level off the top of your head lmao!

Is the raw damage limit of 999 still on mhxx?
Because it will be easy to reach with this New skill:
mhxxx.kiranico.com/skill/4a5e4
20% chance of neg crit becoming double damage crit instead
Using this
380 * 1.2 (pellet up) * 1.5 (critical distance) * 2 (double damage crit) = 1368 raw

you're forgetting motion values, which is enormously significant for pellet S considering they are so tiny

also, pellet S doesn't even have a crit distance, so you don't get a 1.5 raw modifier here

its a bow, not a bowgun

then the raw modifier from Pellet Up is 1.3 not 1.2

you fucking failed

its even more absurd then, this thing is broken, im going to use it for sure

its above the 999 limit, why add even more?

I have never heard of this 999 limit and you apparently have never heard of Motion Values.
With the exception of the strongest single hit of a Rapid shot's several hits, all of Bow's MVs are single digits, meaning they are whittling your numbers down to fractions smaller than a tenth of what they were. MVs are expressed in percentages. A Motion Value of 6 turns 6% of your weapon's true raw into attack damage when you perform the attack animation.

Bow math will get you fat enormous numbers before motion value and hitzone calculations, and it has smaller MVs than most other weapons meaning it has the greatest difference in calculations before and after the Motion Values + monster hitzones.

to get the right answer, duh
Start over.

(Bow's true raw)(1.5x from Power C lv2)(1.5x from crit dist)(1.5x from L3 charge or 1.7x from L4)(1.1 from Rapid/Pierce Up or 1.3 from Pellet Up) = big number
(big number)(MVs)/100 = less big number
(less big number)(monster hitzone/100) = your actual damage before quest and rank modifiers, who even knows what kind of bullshit that involves

the limit was discovered in this vid

oh silly me, its true the limit was after MV, for some reason i was thinking it was before MV

no, wait, actually i gotta watch the video again

I'm not gonna watch that 21min video but I think you're misunderstanding some things.

Not all raw multipliers directly affect your stats, some don't come into play until after you start pushing buttons and attacking, and your displayed stats still never change.

Things like HH songs, Heroics, Adrenaline, do affect your actual attack stat. This happens before the damage formula is ever needed. Other game mechanics that affect damage output like crit distance and Power C should be thought of as part of the damage formula, not a boost to your stats.

A true raw cap of 999 makes sense really, but there's nothing in the damage formula capping all math below 4 digits, that would be totally stupid.

I can tell you right now that nothing within bow/bowgun mechanics will break or threaten that cap by itself. Pellet Up is the only big player exclusive to guns and as I said that's not a direct stat modifier, it's part of the damage formula and uninhibited by the true raw cap.

oh yeah it was that, sorry for the confusion, so

Focus
Pellet Up
Neg Affinity
Power C+ 2 (-expert gems)
Part Breaker (-expert gems)
Critical Eye -1 (even more chance of absurd crits)

Seems possible with Neset armor

Wouldn't neset's +2 to everything cancel out crit eye -1 though?

i took it into consideration
Destroyer 3 = -2 expert on talisman
doubled = -4 expert + 10 destroyer
then you add the power C gems, each gives -1, you will need 8 power C gems (both 1 and 2 slot versions give -1 expert)

no, fuck, you can't gem them all, not enough slots

Can neg affinity be gemmed in?
I think nesset has 12 slots or so with a +5 neg affinity +5 OOO(and those OOO being a pellet jewel 3) you'd get Focus, Neg Crit, +8 pellet up. So you'd need 2 slots for pellet up +10, and that leaves you with 10 slots for power c+ giving you enough for it and crit eye -2(or another skill maybe)

+5 neg affinity + 5 Focus, my bad

I too once thought this actually increased damage by 30%
Having the skill on your set makes no difference to how many attacks you need to land to kill a monster, it only decreases the number of attacks needed to break a part.

mhxxx.kiranico.com/item/68374
there are gems for it

you only need +4 neg affinity/ +4 focus because of the +2 to all armor skills neset gives

i put it on the list because them gems gave -expert, it would be convinent to have it, but there won't be enough slots, so nevermind

oh yeah just checked neg affinity can only go to +3 on enduring talismans, so its better to use the ooo to gem it in

It can go up to +5 on creator ones though

So final calculations (before monster part defense) per arrow:

Using power coat2, critical dist, charge lv3, pellet up skill

neg crit (52.5%)
380*0.75*1.5*1.5*1.5*1.3*0.05 = 62.5
normal hit (30%)
380*1*1.5*1.5*1.5*1.3*0.05 = 83.36
super crit (17.5%)
380*2*1.5*1.5*1.5*1.3*0.05 = 166.725

Spread 5 = 5,5,6,5,5 motion values, so the middle arrow would hit even harder

Is there any other bow that can compete with that raw?

oh is there another tier like in MH4U? i only heard about enduring being added

Yeah, endurinng talismans can be creator or legend I think.
Either way, check it out here for the limits
mhxxx.kiranico.com/amulet

it says -3 ~ +3

Ah shit sorry, +5 was from the skill in the tier above it. My eyesight isn't what it used to be…

((0.525 * 62.5) + (0.3 * 83.36) + (0.175 * 166.725)) * 5 = 435 average damage before monster part reduction if you hit all 5 arrows, thats more than a fucking Bomb L+

Which bow is that btw?

worn

I stand firm by these claims until you give me a sensible explanation for why are they wrong.
I find pellet stupid, not the boost. Boosts alone don't really matter if I don't even consider the weapon. For example, felyne fighter and felyne kickboxer give a whooping 500% boost to shadowboxing and kicks, but that's not the reason to consider them.
You might find a use for either of these(and their respective boosts), but I just dont see a reason why would it be compelling for me to take it when other options exist.
What does that have to do with anything, you r-rude f-f-fuck?

Though yes, that would show that I'm wrong here:

Guess I'm done with MHXX already.

I want to learn a new weapon now that XX is out, and because of the previous autistic sperging, I've decided to try bow. In time honored personal tradition, I'll be giving it a shot at the best possible time to learn a new weapon: the middle of G rank. Nerc bow seems kind of good, for now at least, but the main issue I'm seeing is a choice of armor. Is Lao really the only choice I've got for focus right now? Or a bumblepumpkin clownsuit? There must be some other focus set I'm not noticing, right? R-right?

What weapon? What was wrong with it, and what did you expect?

Doesn't matter. Brave is shit. Renkin is shit. The new supers are useless because the monster's new moves necessitate you keep using the evasion arts or get horribly fucked up.

>Renkin is shit.yeah for solo it is but what did you expect
nod really

Are you somehow implying that it's not complete fucking shit for multiplayer too? Monster Hunter isn't one of those RPGs where you can play "support" roles and not get laughed at.

To be fair, there are certain abilities and items that definitely have more value in group settings, like the healing item that heals 50 HP to all players in an area.

tbh ur a simpy rong smh

You almost had me.

New thread