Getting Breath of the Wild

My friend I met at PAX last year just bought this and I don't know if I want to buy it????? prior to it without first knowing if it's even worth getting a Switch. I have money, there's no problem with that but I haven't heard much other than a couple reviews from IGN and stuff. What does Holla Forums think :3

I've seen this shit somewhere. Is this a meme I'm unaware of or something?

the whole post is awful

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Agreed

But no, OP, don't buy it yet until the Switch gets its shit figured out. The game is broken and so is the console. Doubtful Nintendo is going to make any sort of comeback, especially since there was little to no interest in its release date. Hell I didn't even know it was getting released this month until I saw a motherfucker playing one at work

Okay but what are the problems exactly? And when will they have the glitches taken care of?

Don't you use emoticons? Like everyone does

Problems typically cited are a keening shriek coming from the speaker or broken screens and such; apparently the defects are traced back to complete morons handling the Switch system before purchase since the Switches tracked down with those problems came from secondhand retailers ie Gamestop or scalpers on eBay.

post tits

Its a rly good game honestly. Got it as an early christmas present from my mom and am rly enjoying it. Weapons kinda break fast :/ but you can get alot so it doesnt matter lol :D

Okay thanks. I'll just wait on it then.

Rolling

That'd be your best bet, I got my own Switch from a resale but I lucked out by the guy I bought it from just shipping it to me in the same Amazon box he received it in. Buy from a store when they're available.

smh meme yourself to death tbh famalam XXDDDDDD

Guess I'm not shitposting in an "appropriate" enough manner as determined by some sad sack of shit stuffing his face with cheetos.

Check my dubs.

Didja try reporting the thread instead of skipping straight to shitposting in it?

If I reported every blatant shitposting thread, I'd have a second job. Besides, I think there's value in shitting in the designated spots, like as an outlet. If reporting cleans up the thread quicker, then all this contained shitposting has to go elsewhere. I'm sure that's part of the reason this very thread was created.

That's just how I feel about it anyways.

are there any actual differences between the switch and wiiu versions?

It's got the best overworld of any open world game.

But it has shitty dungeons.

Depending on what you want from your zelda experience it's either a must buy or a "wait for the DLC and buy the anthology" type situation.

It sure ain't worth buying a switch for it if you already have a wii u.

Also I'm emulating it so take my opinion with a grain of salt as I have not seen any grass yet.

Sorry, the only moderation done around here is when you don't like a game a vol does like Dota or Overwatch. Blatant shitposting thread? Sometimes not even vidya? Bumplock at worst. Not like a game a vol does? You can expect to be banned instantly and have your entire post history scrubbed clean.

The only thing that might make this more b8-y would be if OP added a real name and email to the post.

Good bate. Check em

he is right you know

i know. maybe he should read them some time

We can take bait, and remake it for our own purposes.

isn't a rule

it's a hobby of mine to unfuck trainwrecks and redirect them into something good

Nope, not really. Switch version performs a tiny bit better than the Wii U version in handheld mode but apparently when docked it struggles to keep that same framerate for some reason and more closely resembles the Wii U version. Switch is a dodgy Wii U port but if you're playing in handheld mode it's superior.

Given that other dope elaborated on how he isn't going to report threads he thinks the board could do without, "resident salt fountain" seems accurate.

Kill yourself.

is there any way to force it to play it in handheld mode while it is docked, to avoid performance issues and play on the tellyvision?

just fucking emulate it

Well you could manhandle the whole dock as a weird blocky controller if you keep the joycons attached while in the dock but no it'd still necessitate TV output and docked performance.

CEMU running it at all is a big step lately, last I checked it still runs like dogshit and looks weird. I remember the CEMU thread memeing about how it running like dogshit means it runs identically to the real deal.

Get a cheap used Wii U and pirate a fuck ton of games. Actually, judging by your post, you're probably way too fucking dumb to figure that out even with a retard-proof guide. Nice bait tho

I fucking love this video.

turbobutton made a video about how BOTW fixes the items. What do you think?