Ragdolls in games

Anyone know any games with good ragdolls in them, or possibly ragdolls that are somehow included in the gameplay?

I need to get a feel for how they should look and act for my own stuff.

picrelated, my own attempts at making a detailed ragdoll. Shit's hard

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uV4Hdk1F_fk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First of all, nice human-deathclaw animorph
Second of all, are you looking for LE FUNNY GOAT XD games or games like Turbo Dismount?

Actual animations, no ragdoll nonsense.

gtav and iv did a really good job.

They somehow combined a death animation with ragdolling, so that you'd have someone clutch at wherever you hurt them and then fall to the ground.

If people don't actually ragdoll when they die, why would they do it in a videogame.

I love the games that do the if(npc==dead){
npc.tPose
npc.ragdoll
}; kinda thing

That's a pretty good example. There's another I'm trying to think of where they'd crumple like a sack of potatoes instead of doing retarded cartwheels when you shoot them. Red Orchestra 2 does a pretty good job.

since fucking when has realism been the only reason you would want to do something in a fucking video game

GTA IV did it better, though. GTAV is really watered down in comparison, and it's a fucking shame.

gamebyro engine get out, you had your time in the sun.

Banter aside, no one says that you should only play video games for realism you stupid faggot. Just that ragdoll physics look fucking stupid and unnatural. That being said it was pretty funny in a couple games. But in that way it was almost intentionally for humor's sake.

What I'm saying is that if your outcome doesn't match your intention, you are a faggot.

Half-life 2

A single pedestrian in gta5 managed to make my car fly and flip like it was made of drywall.

I also remember the ragdolls in RDR being very good too. They fell at realistic speeds with a weighty appearance. Dragging people around with the lasso and taking chunks out of heads with shotguns was really satisfying. With GTAV I've noticed that most enemies you fight end up on the ground before they die, so you end up just shooting armored bodies on the floor or just keep popping people as they stumble around.

Left 4 Dead did that way before GTA or RDR.

GTA IV came out before L4D.

I have something to share with you that might make you upset

I'm not gay, but that gave me an erection.

There's no real use for that, unfortunately. I could justify making a dick floppy but I couldn't find a reason to have an actual foreskin that retracts.

Explain yourself, otherwise I'm gonna have to assume you're gay.

day of infamy (that ww2 mod for insurgency that became a standalone) has a workshop mod that basically adds a realistic amount of weight to any of the vanilla ragdolls. what this means is that people no longer cartwheel or go flying (unless they got hit dead-on by heavy artillery or a stuka dive bomb or something) and otherwise fall, crumple and/or roll extremely naturally. it's hard to describe but just adding about fifty "pounds" to each model has made them fall, tumble and just in general die much more naturally than they did before

for example, i was set up prone with an MG42 and gunned down a line of soldiers trying to break cover. most of them simply fell (which also adds to the effect; you often don't know if they went prone or simply died) but one was in the process of crouching and simply died on his knees. he stayed there for about five minutes, until one of my stray bullets hit him in the upper torso or the head, then he slowly (i'm talking painstakingly slowly here) flopped onto his side from the impact force of the bullet. it's a really cool effect

I don't know man, Looking at a floppy virtual dick that's bigger than mine made me erect but i'm not gay. Judge as you wish.

lol you must have a tiny dick

mine hangs about as low as my balls whereas the one in the webm is at least 2 times as big. no bullying about dick sizes tho pls

it makes me wish i had my foreskin back

I kinda do to but the sensitivity meme is bullshit despite what the weirdo's here say

This.
If you don't unwrap your foreskin you develop phimosis, and if you unwrap it you lose the sensibility bit by bit.

more just i feel a pulling every time i get erect well like my urethra is slowly getting pulled open by the skin.

keep dick clean profit

since when does being gay have anything to do with liking dicks?

you camped the same spot for 5 minutes?

Why have I never heard of this.

You are 100% guaranteed gay.

user, I have a game that's just for you.

Cocks with buttholes?

What about it? Unless you're saying animations are better. Which is totally 100% false. Animations are boring as hell. Ragdolls are fun.

It's an if statement, you're not declaring a class you stupid nigger.

But…They do?

My mom used to ragdoll all the time when she used to faint every other day (they later found she had pulmonary embolism lol) so I don't see a reason why people wouldn't ragdoll when they die.

He's also comparing an object with a state. In no circumstances will that if check ever equal true, because unless dead is an exact copy of the particular npc in the already dead state, then it'll always equal false.

Backbreaker was essentially a tech-demo for Euphoria that resulted in a pretty damn enjoyable Handegg game.

I remember this
Essentially anything using the Euphoria engine has the best ragdolls

This is another game with the engine, that got scrapped.

Euphoria's ragdolls look drunk as hell when physics simulation kicks in

real life has some sick ragdoll effects yo

Because it's not a mod anymore, not to mention Insurgency is cheaper and much more polished in comparison.

lel

Play EDF. You will become a ragdoll master by the end of it.

Nigger, we nodevs use the /agdg/ thread for that. I legit need references

youtube.com/watch?v=uV4Hdk1F_fk

guys, c'mon!

don't forget to close the door when you leave

Do not sexualize the benis.

oh wow so edgee whoa omg you burned me good i will shut the door when i leave this board oh my gosh golly im so embarrassed dang you got me good holy cow!

fuck off you twat, your mother wants you to come down stairs cause your tendies are done

Possibly the second game ever to use ragdolls (the first was Trespasser), the first console game to use ragdolls, and the first to have them as a real gameplay mechanic, but they are pretty flawed, after all it was one of the first real attempts at it. There is a multiplayer game mode where players compete to get the most damage when bailing. Sort of a precursor to Hall of Meat in the Skate games. In fact, the simulation aspects of Thrasher probably contributed a lot to what Skate is now.

The dev team later worked for Acclaim on the Dave Mirra games. Dave Mirra 3 was being developed but it then turned into BMX XXX, the game that sank both Z-Axis and Acclaim.

you're overstaying your welcome, faggot

Embeds are annoying as fuck. It does nothing but create an extra click so that I can go to Youtube and watch the video. I'm not watching some tiny ass box.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Toribash yet.
The whole game is about fighting with a ragdoll by moving each joint individually.

It's even worse if you try to block youtube, making you unable to open threads with embeds in the catalog.

Ragdolls + Telekinesis

It looks like OP is doing this in Unreal Engine 4 and there are systems in place that allow for blending animations with a physics ragdoll.