Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

There have been an influx of information of the new Fire Emblem game. The new game will be a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden (the 2nd game of the series) and from what it seems they will keep the mechanics from the original Gaiden but with some improvements, the graphics now look better than Fates and Awakening, there will be more dialogue, animations and the story will be more complete than the NES version, from the gameplay it also looks that they expanded the dungeons from the original Gaiden and it looks like support conversations will be back, (I hope marriage and child units stay away from the game) so yeah, it seems that they will keep the mechanics of the original but they will improve it while adding some new stuff.

The voice acting it's better than Fates, sadly, no original VA on the west version. nothing that CFW can't solve though.
Let's see if Treehouse won't fuck it up on the localization. we all know they will anyway

Being honest, I enjoyed Gaiden even though it is the black sheep of Fire Emblem, it had good ideas but the NES hardware limited the game a lot hence the problems the game has, I hope they fix most of the stuff, but considering that we are talking about current year Intelligent Systems I don't want to have high hopes.

Other urls found in this thread:

operationrainfall.com/2017/03/16/fire-emblem-echoes-will-have-8-4-involved-in-its-localization/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But Fire Emblem Gaiden holds up perfectly, it's one of the best looking Famicom games easily. I don't fucking understand this jewish practice of remaking everything.

It also has amazing music for a NES game, I can hear the battle map for Alm and "With Mila's divine protection" for hours without getting tired.

The game is slow and hasn't aged pretty well though, but is still enjoyable if you ask me, I still come back to play it for all the things that made.

Gaiden did some interesting things, but how much of the cancer from awakening and Fates is carrying on

8-4 is doing the "localization" this time around.
operationrainfall.com/2017/03/16/fire-emblem-echoes-will-have-8-4-involved-in-its-localization/
I know 8-4 shit and all but compared to what Treehouse does within their "localization", I'll take 8-4 over Treehouse any day.

8-4 are only half decent when the original creators have a chokehold on them. Nintendo doesn't care, so they let them do what they want which led to the butchering of Xenoblade Chronicles X, Drakengard 3, and Fire Emblem Awakening. Automata and Nier 1 got out unscathed for the most part, tho. They're a toss up company and I find it amusing that Nintendo keeps alternating between them and using Treehouse despite both being awful.

shit, I'm not saying Drakengard 3 was Nintendo. I was using it as an example of what they can do when the publisher/original devs don't care.

Was it treehouse that censored the girls? or NA for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Characters entire personalities were changed and even when you download the japanese voices the writing is around the dub.

I think I'm gonna pass on this one

I didn't say Drakengard 3 got out unscathed, user. Learn to read.

nintendo doesn't care until it affects their bottom line, even then treehouse and 8-4 are probably economical (cheap) compared to other localizers.

yeah for the most part, it was more changed then kept.

Why did you remind me…

I don't know if I should feel relieved or scared.

I hope nothing, but from what the other videos have shown the game probably is going to have support conversations as long as marriage and child units won't make a return I'm fine.

They also redesigned all the characters, probably for waifu/husbando bait, I can't deny that they look cool though.

You're a fucking liar. It takes forever to play one level, and said levels are the among the worst in the franchise.

Git gud kiddo.

How bad are we talking regarding Drakengard 3? I'm curious the depth of 8-4 fuckery.

I said they were bad, not hard.

Like the one user said, entire personalities were changed because 8-4 doesn't understand nuance. You can tell what the characters are supposed to be like with the Japanese voices. Zero, for instance, comes across as a huge bitch. She's meant to be soft spoken and when she says "I'm going to kill you" she says it quietly and almost lovingly. Not to mention the infamous "Kono! Kono! Kono!" which is replaced by a string of multiple different words. They looked at the script and said, well! This is violent. Might as well have everyone be cartoonish.

just remember to never pay for the localized version and you're good

There's a new fire emblem?

I just hope Zelda's localization becomes the new Norm for treehouse not the exception. I bet it will be the latter though considering Zelda and Mario usually get special treatment.

New as in old just being remade for a quick buck since Fire Emblem got noticed by the masses due to Awakening.

huh, weird, never heard of it.

So long as the treehouse is attached to it I just can't bring myself to care. They absolutely botched the last game.

NOA wants shit censored 8-4 doesn't because they're lazy fucks and censoring costs extra work. This was also shown with Tokyo mirage sessions. Where someone at Atlus blamed Nintendo for all the censorship then quickly deleted the tweet.

FE2 has terrible map design, I can't deny it and Echoes seems to keep it, sadly, but is way more fast than Gaiden.

And that's why I have my 3DS ready with CFW, I never paid for Fates and I'm glad I didn't.

See

What I've come to find is that I don't think their "quality" localizations are their doing. I think the treehouse still has some influence and will fuck over games with censorship and memes when possible. Every time a team will work with NoA to bring a game over their quality suddenly goes down in that department. Square is pretty good about localization, but when they worked with Nintendo suddenly we get Bravely Default. Namco is decent with it, but then they bring over Dragon Ball on a Nintendo console and censor the swords. Then we see 8-4 work on various games where their worst sin is getting characters wrong… but they work with NoA and Xenoblade, #FE, and Awakening happen.

Who the fuck is translating it?

I am a retard. I missed that "8-4 was translating it" post when skimming through.

You are objectively wrong.

Bravely default was localized by binari sonari not square and they were probably hired by Nintendo since they published the game in the West. #FE was actually done by Atlus not 8-4 and an Atlus employee actually tweeted out of frustration that Nintendo was responsible for the censorship then deleted the tweet afterwards.

I don't think they've announced that 8-4 is actually translating the whole thing or are merely "helping out".

Is no one going to say anything about Boey and Grey getting blackfaced?

Come on bros, I thought we were all against this!

I wouldn't call that black faced I mean this is Japan they just do that shit because they think it looks cool. If this was only happening in the localized version then yeah people would be up in arms.

Japanese people do make lots of darker-skinned characters. While we see black people, the Japanese just see a very tanned Japanese person. The Japanese skintone can range broadly like that, from extremely pale to very dark.

You'll KNOW when they make a black person.

Fire Emblem thread?

I've been trying to get into Genealogy because I finished the GBA games and I'd like to wait for Echoes before I do the Archanea series. But there are so many new mechanics to contend with, and even minor shit like the pre-attack panel is different. Should I play something else as an intermediary, or what?

Look as this incredible, yet to have been topped map design.

It's like something you could make in Advance Wars map creator in literally 10 seconds. What a marvel of simplicity.

This isn't even the worst example, there are emptier, plainer ones in the game.

Have some more examples of flawless map design.

"Holds up perfectly" - Anonymous Retard

Is it the lips thing?
Kinda like the nose thing when a character is actually European/American

I mean, considering these are supposed to be random skirmishes at minor fortresses or just out in the countryside, these aren't that bad.
Normal maps are at strategic locations or important places, this is just out in the middle of nowhere.

lol the "g-get gud" fag just got fucking creamed.

These don't really look that much different from a modern FE map.

Yes. It's usually the lips thing. Though depending on the art style they may go out of their way to include the wider nose as well.

Retard Alert

I have no opinion on Gaiden one way or the other because I haven't played it yet.
That specific trio of maps that I replied to, however, look "okay." Not great, not worthy of being an actual level, but tolerable.

I wasn't talking about black people noses, "white" dudes as in actually white in anime have huge fucking noses, in like, nearly every art style unless they're a kid.

I know what you meant, I meant to just add on to how the Japanese draw black people. I know what you mean about white people in anime. They either have large noses and/or prominent chins, and blonde hair and blue eyes.

Ah, well glad that that was clear from what I was saying beg pardon thought I was not making myself clear there.

You have a high tolerance for shit then.

Fire Emblem is at it's best when it has multiple features on it, and not massive fields of nothing.

It's like the developers of Gaiden decided to base their map design on Kansas or some shit. Just a bunch of flat nothingness as far as the eye can see.

I think they were doing what I described. "Oh hey wouldn't it be cool if we could just have random encounters out in the country like in regular RPGs?" It was a bad idea, but they tried to adapt that to a tactics game, and that means bland maps.

The skirmish thing was done much better in Awakening and Sacred Stones. Enemies pop up on earlier battlefields and you fight them there.

Yes, correct

Why the fuck is there another 3DS FE game
It's not even on the gay Switch

You know what's easier than making a brand new game
Making an old game

Well, the only half-decent FEs to come out after Kaga left were the remakes of Ankokuryuu and Monsho, so it's not surprising really.

Also never play localized versions.

Because the 3DS is far and away the most successful platform of the 8th gen.

The Switch is DoA as fuck and will continue to be until they release an Actually Portable model and some games.

Another thing to pirate and complain about?

Didn't Awakening had one of it's characters personality completely changed in comparison to the jap version ?

Yeah, Awakening had tons of fucking rewrites and "flavoring up" of dialogue. Not Treehouse tier, but there was a lot changed

Multiple characters in Awakening had changed personalities.

FE fates has a total of 1.6 mil sales, not bad. But it still sales.

Never Be Git Gud, faggots. Scrubs will rise again.

A new video came out.
It seems that the Pair up mechanic won't comeback for good, I hope this gets rid of marriage and child units. It also looks like the map design won't change so expect shitty maps, sadly, this is one of the worst things of Garden and is a shame they won't even bother to fix it. At least everything else looks to be for the best.

Fuck me.

What exactly are you trying to prove here?

I sure as fuck hope the "dungeon" isn't just free fucking grinding, the game looks super easy already.
Tbh I enjoyed the idea of waifus, but the marriage system and the retarded offspring was just a horrible idea.

Did you click on Send before finishing your post?

They are. It was the same way on the NES. Some units could get into an infinite promotion loop and level indefinitely, as well.

Oh come on, was there at least some kind of tradeoff to balance that?

Nope, they'd just loop villager->dark knight ->villager until their stats maxed. Also, it has a sacred stones style world map with infinite random encounters. Still looks pretty fun. Just have self control.

You will probably end up giving up before making your units overpowered, the exp you receive on battles is minimum and the growths on Gaiden are shit, of course, you can try to do it but you probably will get bored before that.

I dont want either of them touching the game and I pray to whatever diety that exists, that some group of people decide to work on a fantranslation and release it in a timely manner

It's helps if you actually played the game. Just sayin'.

Who? I assume it's some jewtube faggot which is telling about who you are.

Again, you quoted him word for word. Who's more telling, here?

Xenoblade ChroniclesX all over again.

Not sure who was in charge of BOTW's translation but I didn't find any memes or overly ridiculous shit in there. Voice acting shouldn't have happened (or rather maybe should have happened but only in actual Hylian created by a capable fantasy linguist) but that is neither here nor there.

Leveling was slow as fuck outside of easy mode and encountering mummies, which you can't get to reliably appear in significant numbers until you're at the ass-end of the game. Also most units had dogshit growth rates aside from maybe 1 or 2 stats so your were just pretty much leveling to promotion so your units could stop sucking if they fall behind.

Really gives the brain muscle a workout.

This is Holla Forums, everything is shit and nothing is ever good enough.

To be fair, the prior Fire Emblem game, Ankokuryuu to Hikari no Ken, had better maps as well than the ones linked here. That said, I haven't played much of Gaiden, so I can't speak on whether those maps are representative of the game as a whole or not.

It's pretty sad that this is the best site to discuss videogames that we have right now.

Nobody is actually comparing it to its peer though.

8-4 IS POZZED. They put tumblr pronouns in Type Zero.

Gaiden was worse then the original, pretty much the fact you could easily grind your units with the game handing out weapons like candy sort of ruined the strategy.
Like fight an extra 2 - 3 waves and you're always going to stream roll the enemy, which has nothing to do with the system since 1 was fine (Except stats being shown by bars but that's also just how they did it in the beginning)
How about you actually play it before saying it's shitting on it because of limitations when it's clearly not the case.

I was talking about the rest of the thread, not some moron with an anime picture who just popped up.

I stand corrected.
There's no pairing and no child bullshit
The game respects the original
The OST looks good
I think it will be worth a pirate

Uhh, stop avatarfagging

Avatarfagging goes when people assume the avatar as themselves. It goes in tandem with tripfagging. Otherwise, you can't really avatarfag. No healthy user would avatarfag anyway. You're just being triggered someone is using reaction images you don't like in sucession.

Reported for avatarfagging as some gay furry shit

Damn not only can't you play an NES game to see how it stacks as a sequel to a liked NES game you're fucking lazy too, wow

I do agree.
You're wrong.
Now you're just a retard, grinding in Gaiden is a pain in the ass, the battles are slow, the exp received for enemies is incredibly low and the growths are one of the lowest on the series, Gaiden does have it flaws (like the horrible map design and how does the clerics receive no exp from healing neither summoning units) but grinding is only exploitable if you have immense levels of autism.