Caligula

You've got to be shitting me. Not a single mention of Tsukasa Masuko anywhere in the western trailer nor the video description. After everything the man has done for Atlus and still continues to endorse them. AtlusUSA, you are scum.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, the best analogy you can get is to imagine if Koji Kondo had left Nintendo and got one of his later works localized by NoA but they didn't even care to mention his name. That's pretty much the same kind of situation here.

I hope AtlusUSA employees are lurking around to read my post and kill themselves.

Is it based on the movie by the same name? How depraved is it going to be?

Holy fuck the framerate is bad in the video.

Looks like trash

i'm sure i didn't sage what the fuck

It's shit by definition, nothing new there.

Pass

pass

Shame its digital only
Was looking forward to it beside that

AtlusUSA probably has a mandate to market this game to normalfag Burgers.
Burgers can't into Japanese names. Different cultures confuses them.

If it's executive orders, it's a set that's been active for decades now, because scribbling over games and pretending they're "totally the same game really guys" has been their MO since at least Persona 1

Only in foreignerville, the actual game has a physical release.

I only speak English

And the sooner you get on learning to read video gameanese, the better off you'll be.

it looks like a PSP game tbh

a lot of vita games do

wait a minute..
Is it the composer of the main series or the creator of the game that made persona 2 or something?

Reason for leaving his name out, probably because most burgers only know of the huge and weird designers, not the more ps1 niche games that where a hell to play.
I'm still wondering how I got trough Persona 1 let alone nr 2.

But just wait until project re fantasy comes, they will market that many of the persona 3 to 5 crew worked on it.

I can see the trailers for it already, The creators of persona 5, comes a new fantasy game from the creators of persona 5.
Also whom is throwing down money they might not show anything from tgs when it comes to re fantasy.

No way. The only possible western market this game has is weebs and people who tolerate weebs. And the western trailer does mention Satomi by name, so there's that.

Masuko is the composer of classic mainline SMT.
Satomi is the writer of the original Persona trilogy and Digital Devil Saga.
And yes, they both worked on this game, Caligula.

He is not an attention whore like yoko taro or kojima

Of course not. I've never once seen him showboat or complain. But as a fan, I think he deserves a bit better.

You can't learn Japanese.

Sorry Reddit, already did enough to play most games, and if an idiot like me can do it, most of you faggots can.

Fuck the fuck off.

That analogy would probably work better if Koji Kondo was a developer, not a composer.

That critique would probably work better if Masuko Tsukasa was a developer, not a composer.

Just send him a mail or email thanking him about the game

Nothing wrong about telling the truth, user

I feel a bit bad I didn't know about the man. I knew Satomi, though.

The trailer is AMAZING…for the first 30sec.
The music is atmospheric and has that creepy Nip girl whispering in your ear while everything is glitching out and being unsettling…and then you have the second half which has a single-digit fps and the music turns into stupid J-pop garbage. Last 2 seconds is good, though.

This game is gonna be good. It's basically what you'd have if the Matrix was written by people with talent (and who didn't turn themselves into women) and you mixed in a bit of the original .Hack trilogy with regards to the characters (won't spoil what I mean; you'll know if you played the original .Hack games).

I also REALLY like that the theme of this game, which is written by the DDS and Persona 2 writer, is ESCAPE A ROUTINE VIRTUAL HIGHSCHOOL HELL

Meanwhile, in Persona 3
and 4
and 5

Has FuRyu ever made a good game? I tried Unchained Blades and it sucked, I tried Legend of Legacy and it sucked.

Lost Dimension is really good. Don't go for a NG+ though because it ruins it. Just go for a first run through.

You might not have heard his name, but you've probably heard his music.

So the man responsible for the best music in the franchise's history?

Now you got it.

I'd say it's a good game to NG+ once you've forgotten your first playthrough. There's some extra story content.

Yeah, I dunno about gameplay but at least the story should be good; Satomi already proved he's a fucking great writer in both Personas and DDS. Or at least, better that the shittyhead doing the story for the last personas….it still amazes me how many people like Persona 4, a game that sucks in every possible thing aside from maybe the battle system. It's like they never played games with, you know, an actual good story. Or characters that don't make you cringe and throw memes at you.

While I have hopes for this game, I really wish Satomi returned to the persona series, but seems very unlikely. though it's very clear, give the extra scenario in the PSP version of batsu, that he had more plans with the series. That scenario raises many questions in which we probably won't see answered because many people are retarded and prefer to see a game with characters like this one than a game with an actual good plot that makes you think.

It's incredibly good at being emotionally manipulative, at least the first time through, which is a good thing for a VN-style game. I think that Persona 4 is our generation's FF7. Both were released to widespread acclaim, became the most popular game in the genre, then got whored out for tons of spin offs and finally discarded when people got sick of them. It remains to be seen if P5 becomes FF8, though. Interestingly, P5 and FF8 both focused on a goth-punk aesthetic and were mostly hyped for their visuals and audio.

To be fair, the memes seem like a product of the foreignization. Not that Persona 4's good in Japanese, but it's at least not insultingly bad, and it's silliness is more excusable than 3's because it was so blatantly trying to be Diamond Is Unbreakable.

Anime needs to stop making games about girly-men in gay street clothes waving plastic toys around like they're weapons.
They need to start making games with proper manly characters. This kind of shit is why asian men all look like ugly women.

No, he's right. The Japanese P4 fans had a huge meme about Adachi and cabbages and that was slipped into the P4Golden script too (especially post-game when Dojima mentions visiting Adachi in prison and giving him a cabbage - a complete non-sequitur).

Satomi was also great with keeping overall cohesion with the games. Pic related.
I think, given that Igor's Jap VA is dead, that they might return Philemon for P6 at least.
Though really I don't know how I'd feel about that without Satomi behind it.

There is but it's not worth it and the different ending is stupid. The added backstory clears things up and makes it pretty great, but the story goes off-hinged and forgets that mr. sympathy they want us to feel bad for had MURDERED BILLIONS OF LIVES.

Screw Alt-Earth. Let it die. Stick with the victory parade and waifu harem you get in the first playthrough.

That still means the meme-polluted script is a foreignization thing, not in the actual game. Not that it matters really, though, since P4, like P3, is irredeemable garbage.

if the gameplay isn't turn based, it honestly looks exactly like akiba's trip but without the lewd theme.

I swear, this better not be about weebshit!

Does it give you the weebie-jeebies?

Yes, yes it does!

they should make a western version of this game, it'd be pretty easy

replace the perfect city with equestria
replace the idol with princess twilight
replace the japanese teens with american teens

boom, caligula effect for american audience.

Tbh game kinda started ok, but then…I don't agree that it can be called our generation's FF7 since FF7 is actually a good game (maybe not everyone favorite, but it have good plot, character development, open world with many and different sidequests, etc.) but it kinda is in the sense it's as famous as FF7. Which means the new generation of JRPG fans have shitty taste.

Well…yeah. Even if neither P3 and 4 had any memes in the script, they still would be garbage. The memes are more like cherry on the top in that sense.

Yeah, it's quite amazing how good he is. Not saying that P2 don't have plotholes or something, but I don't know how many times I heard from people that played all personas say they prefer P2 story (tsumi or batsu or both) to 3 or 4 by far. Usually the only people who don't like the stories of P2 are the guys who can't get past the graphics and demon negotiation, so they don't even see half of it.

Oh god no. They better don't put Philemon back in. Without Satomi, they certainly would butcher him or even ruin the plot of previous games. Worst case he will be back and say the protagonists need to save the world by the power of friendship or bound of the retarded social/waifu links, which is exactly what happens in P4 Arena (which BTW somehow manages to get a worse plot than P4,which is quite a feat). They could ruin Nyar-chan too. So…no.

I'd say P3 is more the FF7 in that it's vastly overrated and was the beginning of the end for it's respective series.

Dunno, both were milked but P4 was far more. I mean, there's even a dancing game for god's sake.

Milked more, but I think Persona 3 had more of the same kind of overall impact that FF7 had where it shifted the paradigm of the franchise irrevocably, since both were the point where the companies in question learned "It's OK to make a game that's not as good as what came before as long as it appeals to idiots"