en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Product_Code#Encoding
maciejkuciara.deviantart.com/art/Showtime-work-in-progress-547309567
i.imgur.com/0kJk4P4.jpg
i.imgur.com/MlH2qWb.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle
my.mixtape.moe/klcyfo.unitypackage
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dude quaternions lmao

have you done your daily quaternions exercise yet /agdg/?

You bet!

Morality, take 2. Now with more permanent consequences.

is it hard to implement day and night system user? i keep procrastinating on implementing it, my dialog screen is barely done too

i'll give you tendies if i can user

I was thinking of getting into vidya music after I'm done with my project, is it hard? Do you need to buy a synth? I'm broke as fuck so I'd rather just use my keyboard if possible.

It's not all that terrible in GMS, considering I did it.
Basically, there's a time variable constantly going up, which resets back to zero when midnight hits. There's also an object in the game which, using a shader, manipulates the colors of the game.
Actually figuring out shaders was the hard part. I basically downloaded some guy's "photoshop filters" shader, found the variables that change R, G, B and Luminosity and manipulate those variables externally, in the time handler object.
It's probably a dumb way to do it, but most things I do are. Point is, it works, it looks fine and I fucking get it.

You can use a tracker or a music production software like Fruity loops that will allow you to input the notes one by one with your mouse.
There's probably no need to use a synth unless you're already a pianist and want to play your compositions directly using a device you're familiar with.

So much to do so little time

hmm i see, i'll probably just fade out the wallpaper then fade in the new one quickly according to the timer script, though not sure if its efficient, but well im still a beginner at modying shader via script (unless slowly changing the healthbar color according to current health count as one)

but nice work user, tbh if you keep the box in game it has meme potential

well fuck me that sounds tedious, but user is it possible to recreate music related using only FL studio (minus vocal of course)? since i'm planning to ask my friend who's an artist, but so far he only made trap music and edm stuff

daily reminder to make a shop system too user

Is there a concept drawing for a Mike "Thomas Edison has the best medicine" Pence tier tonk? I want to make one soon after I am done with redoing my buildings or whatever.

You could, but not with the stock instruments which are all synths. You'd have to buy those VSTS separately, and the better quality orchestral ones are pretty expensive.

oh well there goes my dream of recreating ar tonelico type of game, why must the world be so cruel

It's challenging, but very fun to learn if you're into music. You need to learn some basic music theory and song composition at minimum before you try shitting out melodies, but with a solid basis you can feel your way up.

This is the kind of tune you could make with FL's stock instruments as a beginner.
my.mixtape.moe/nicyua.mp3
I myself would really love to be able to make more organic sounds like that ost you linked, but I'm going to get better at composition before I throw my money at really nice instrument packs. I suggest doing the same if you get into it.

you can pirate these user

I'd say that's definitely possible. Inputting the notes one by one isn't that tedious, especially with copypaste features.

I think there was a torrent of FLStudio with tons of soundfonts included going around a few years ago, which certainly suffices to start producing music.

yeah i'll probably learn it myself too user, tbh i bawled my eyes out like a bitch whenever i listen to these type of orchestra kind of music. This type of music + a suitable setting + good story and characters can create the purest type of art fam

also i liked the melody in your song, but the sounds comes out too loud tbh, and i dunno, a bit cracky? maybe increase the sound quality?

well if anyone nice enough to share the torrent link i wouldnt mind

Thanks m80, and yeah if it sounded a bit off it's because I suck dick at mixing. Definitely one of the more challenging aspects of production.

Well, that wouldn't work for me since you can't even see the sky in my game. It also wouldn't affect the character sprites and such. Even with having an overlay, it wouldn't look quite good, but I suppose it depends on what you're trying to do.
Time is an essential concept in my project, it's why I want it to look good.

And thanks, though I'm not sure if the box really fits in what is shaping up to be a pretty serious game.
Might reference it though.

That's a nice, catchy melody.

Have you tried stereo mixing? It's a nice way to make instruments pop out, I think.
And since the melody sounds rather traditional/folkloric, it might be nice to add some accents on the beats; nothing complicated, just changing the note levels.
If you've already done that then I couldn't hear it through my shit headphones so disregard.

whats it about user? mine is classic crazy type of jrpg with gods and stuff

damnit sounds hard, i havent even finished learning how to color my characters, really got lots of stuff to learn

Nice tip on the velocity accents, I gotta try that more often. It has stereo mixing, but I think the reason it sounds abrasive is because some of the tracks are bitcrushed and sound a little fucky when they're turned up to fill up the mix.

It's about the hypocrisy, degeneracy and corruption of society at large
and relationships, I guess

so i got a new rig and model to play with.

Interesting idea, m8. We're currently conflicted whether we'd prefer the game to be a typical dungeon crawl with a town to return to or a wave-based one-room thing like the jam prototype. The second option doesn't seem to need a shop.

Why not just have an Arena in the town so you can do both?

First character ever.
If I wasn't balding I could dye my hairs and pretend to be an artist but it looks like I'm going to have to git gud.

Try modelling off of picture reference (Draw your character in front and side view, then put then in blender), you don't need to be an amazing artist but basic hobby-level knowledge will already bring a giant improvement to your models.
Just draw at least one small sketch a day and there will be a day/night difference in your skill in 1 year.
Also, not sure if I already posted the finished model, but here it is. Gonna polish some more gameplay stuff and get to rigging.

i would recommend starting with props first. a coffee mug, table, pillars, basic buildings or rather parts of them. avoid guns for starters far more basic objects are better to learn on.

If I implemented a navmesh, is it basically treated as a set of polygons? Eg wrap order, connection points etc? Basically can I take a models mesh and use it interchangeably as a navmesh, in theory?

Also if you're really willing to commit, then I recommend reading loomis and doing daily anatomy studies, but it's not required if you just want basic visuals that don't look like total ass. You can easily make stuff look pretty with some basic shaders without putting in much effort.

That's sort of what I've been doing for a few months but not everyday. I have been drawing faces with moderate success by following advice from a channel called "The art of Wei".

I have been doing a few things on the side but recently I've been able to finish what I've started without ragequitting. It's a good feel since it means I'm getting better at using blender

Very nice. It was interesting seeing it get built over time. Especially when you've got a thing for skull ladies.

Nice, good luck with your art!
I recommend not just sticking to one teacher but checking out multiple points of view (Sinix, Sycra, DoxyDoo are channels I recommend for tutorials), and once you get comfy enough, do your own research by googling anatomy of various body parts, it's much less scary than most people think, since you only really need to think about a few muscle groups at once, not each individual muscle.

Thanks, and sorry for taking so long, I only started learning gamedev stuff a few months ago so I'm juggling a ton of topics at once. My next models should go much smoother now that I'm familiar with the workflow. (Still gotta learn rigging and animation, and that's probably gonna take a while, since I keep getting sidetracked with stuff like figuring out quaternions.)

MoM user here again, back from a short break; and now with Footage of the Cleric and his Gear!

I know last time I said I would be covering monsters, but I think that it would probably better for the players to experience it for themselves. Any Questions are welcome as per usual!

Reminder not to be a timewaster.

Thanks, I'll check these channels.

do the golden statues disintegrate into money always or only when used against enemies?

They always explode into coins, yes!

Gone through some of the official tutorials for Godot.
So far it's OK. Not sure exactly why some things work, but they do.

Anyone else using it? Any advice?

Hmm meh, I guess I am going to base it on the M1Ax Abrams tonk or M60 Patton with some changed details so that it looks like it is full of electricity based weaponry. Pence is anyway a Americen so it will fit for him.

Right now I am busy making the Guard Tower since that would fit very well for the Tier 0.5-1 defense. The upgraded version might sport a double 14.7mm MG or a 20mm Auto Cannon U am not sure about this.

Looking pretty good, as usual, user. Though the way the cleric holds the book with one finger is a tad weird.

Finally modeled the actual knife from the anime, as well as improving the knife throwing mechanic and the environmental script. What do you guys think?

Nice
Do you plan on adding the road roller as a default move or would that be more of a stage hazard?
Still needs a dedicated wry button

Extreme programming is shit.

I won't
It's going to be a stage hazard, it'll be weird if the Player brought out a road roller out from nowhere.

Sorry, what I meant to say is I won't forget

really satisfying to made an armor design

its awesome mate, but i see lawsuit lol,are you going to sell it?

tbh fam i'd planning to incorporate those kind of pol idea into the game subliminally too, godspeed to both of us

hmm usually a game like yours diablo type relies heavily on equipment progression user, just saying, i played a lot of diablo 1 long time ago, nothing beat the feeling of buying new equipment

Nah fam, it's freeware, for the fans

That's always so weird to me. I don't understand NOT working on vidya anymore. Then again, it's the only thing that distracts me from wanting to throw myself out a fucking window.

You want to finish your game, don't you, user? And I wanna play it. You can take a short break, treat yourself to some chocolate or something, but get back to work as soon as possible, will ya?

Im boning all my doors and windows, it feels good

lewd

Progress :D

Shouldn't it be AP instead of MP that slowly drains when holding a shield out?

m80, this is the one element we want to make really well. Skinner boxes need good equipment but shops became secondary options for good gear around the time of Diablo 2. If anything, I personally mainly used the "gamble" option because the drops were always better.

gif related

Well we do have the town soundtrack prototype ready… it would go to waste.if we didn't use it.

meh

Grenade out!

Where is the explosion?

Can you explain what your game is about?

is love2d viable in current year? is godot better?

I'll get around to making assets one of these days. For now, I'm just focused on the framework.

Think Resonance of Fate combat system improved.

Is there a graphics lib/framework like SFML that isn't as barebones?
Something like this but not abandoned?
angel2d.com/

I don't know how to program or how to make games but I made this teapot program in PHP, enjoy.

love2d

It's been 7 or 8 years user. I dont have a game yet.
I change my mind and projects so often. I don't even know what I want my current project I'm working on to be.

Ive found it easier to make modular components like pathfinding and slap it into an "engine" so even if i do start over its not a total loss

C++ or bust

AP is Alchemy Points. MP is Mana Points.

All the guns use Alchemy (Aka Gunpowder, Explosive Chemicals, Batteries), and everything else uses Mana (Its Magic, it Just Works!)

All the characters hold the books the same way in First Person. Dont Worry, they have strong fingers!

A good armor design, I like it a lot.

urho3d.github.io/ ?

Unreal engine ?

Meh it's done now, Light Crane Vehicle will not be able to build the Missile Tower due to this. Since the Missile Tower is Tier 2 it could built that before because the Light Gun AT is height is very low and thus cannot shoot past the basic barricade.

Oswald?

r8 my sprites

It's pretty good user.

2015 called and wants it mascot back jk it's really good

nice

this looks nice, thanks

thanks anons

we'll always have the memories
and soon, a game >>>/vivian/2043

Nice, very nice user

I would hug her.

user, i've been at it for six years. i threw out a year of work because i decided the story was too autistic and because i can't design puzzles for shit. don't give up just because of that.
and hey, if that's what you enjoy, why not do it? at some point, you might combine those components together with a story and get a game.
I just wish you luck, user.

What was the story of your game ?

the player would lure npc's into a kill box and collect their heads but if you killed to many npc's a boss would show up and delete your base.

I expected something edgy not something retarded, still, I'm sure you can make something out of it.

how is sfml barebones what does sfml not do that you need?

basically silent hill with more orphans, and some 2deep4u metaphors for depression or whatever.

was doing the minecraft admin "grief" autism scream story

enginedev was a mistake

I know what to do.

Good heavens, Just look at the time!

Ebin :—-DD

Hey to all the nodevs suffering in this thread.
Don't give up.
I believe in you, all of you.
Please don't stop what you're doing!

whoa thanks a lot user

damn its still too similar isn't it? im planning to make him a green eyed blond, armor probably still black though, and from character point of view, a nice kind of wimpy kid who wears a cursed armor, and everytime in battle he unconsciously traded the power with his life, which is why it changed him tremendously. And then in his sidequest we'll try to kill the demon and change him as a person.

still got oswald vibe? i should probably change some armor part too

well i usually did the opposite user lol, never really gamble on diablo and rather buy armor from a honest blacksmith instead, i got tricked once by those slimy bastard, never again

that looks fuckin badass user

How much faster would making assets be if my shit were done with **textureless* voxels over traditional polygons?

quick half-pasta 4u:

poorfig tier muzakdev

so on a scale from mass effect 4 to toy story R8 my sheet

kek looks like a he is prancing like a faggot

the leg movement is good already, but the forearm position is too high, when changing leg it should've detract more, you just dont pull the forearm enough user
or maybe change it to something like jogging position? so you dont have to animate the hands too much, and the hands movement will be more subtle

damnit user

All parts done, i will now send the inn with all windows and doors, the clock and signs on Unity (which i transfered to different files for easy copy/pasting)

Why don't you just rotoscope a video of someone walking? It would end up much more natural.

I fucking love your stuff dude. Please, post more often!

because i need to know how it works so i can learn how to manage it better. in paticular how to "stack" animations together in the future.

Not unless you know how to animate in the first place.

How much butt hurt would there be if I made a Mexican equivalent of 1378(km)?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1378_(km)

Holy shit, I never thought of that.

Adds extra steps but saves me time in the long run.

Speed and weight of a slow jog with the stride of a sprint. Change one or the other, or make both and blend them.

There's already "Defend Trump's Wall" maps for ARMA III so I doubt you'd get that much butthurt from anyone.

That's an unusually fast day/night cycle.

Nice, too few games with it. Only two things that stand out a bit is the lensing effect when stopping time which kinda eats up a good portion of the time you got (works in the anime but feels a bit extreme when you're trying to get shit done in those few seconds you got), and the knives would probably be more satisfying if they flew a bit faster.

That's because the lensing effect of The World is supposed to be a world space expanding spherical "scan". It was also faster.
I could try making a proper shader for that if user can't do it himself.

I am trying to post at least once a week; I didnt post a few days ago because of BotW!

I really want to get the demo done asap

the final boss is shit

my main gripe of this game is:

1: The Bosses could of had better designs, but they were okay.
2: I felt no connection any of the characters in the game.

The combat was pretty good however.

>desperately need a certain feature in Unity per project global ScriptableObjects without a hardcoded path
>find ScriptableSingleton by accident
tsubakit1.hateblo.jp/entry/2015/11/04/223010
This better be doing what I think it does

Singleton just means it's a globally accessible object of which only one can ever exist.

the main dungeons were kinda shite, but the smaller shrines and the puzzles in them were pretty comfy and nice. your second point is pretty accurate.
shame, too. i was hoping it'd take more from Majora's Mask, having only four dungeons and all.
MM's been a big inspiration for my project, and i notice more similarities by the day

Of course, I'm just wondering if this is what I've been looking for.
It seems to have a Save() method which doesn't take a path argument, so that could be it. I want to avoid leaving garbage in the /Assets/ of the two people who'll actually download and use my crap.

what game shud i make xB

MMORPG.

trap date rape simulator.

a game of pretend

What everyone on this board wants, a 3D space station 13.

Majoras is a huge inspiration for mine too. The Main hub field for my game is based on Termina field, and some of the dungeons too!

lol boooring

for me, it's moreso two things
1. the fact that the whole game takes place across three days, that can play out differently.
2. huge emphasis on sidequests.

never ever.

Trying again.

Which is the best place to publish free games besides Newgrounds? And I say best I say in matter of visibility.

And steam doesn't count anymore because greenlight is gonna be dead soon enough.

itch.io

Your dream game, now fuck off.

my dream game is a MMORPG

im in the tough predicament where i dont like playing games but making them intruiges me

my dream game, then.
a spiritual successor to Fire 'N Ice on the NES

Make a game of a dying genre. ex.: Horror, RTS, assymetrical coop, nonrealistic racing, etc.

tfw I made a huge text about what are the best places to get game ideas, but now it's lost forever

zombie survival it is

Make sure to make something unique your competition is pretty high on that one, unless of course you want to be forgotten quickly.

it's not dying, it's just being reinvented for a new age, mate
>silent hill is dead
>resident evil is dead
>fnaf is now the new standard for horror
>fnaf is also dead and only exists to theory bair
fuck you user i drink to forget

so he has to make a good game?

either itch.io or GameJolt, nobody uses IndieDB anymore

distrokid for vidya when

Thank you.

never ever

rate my game

You deserve to be bullied.

what if i told u

the box is the cloud xD

then you're still a racist.
also shape-ist. where are all the circle, hexagon and trapezoid shaped clouds?

i forgot to list my key features

when u press space u poop and it makes a sound

when the poop hits wojak it makes a splat sound

when wojak gets hit for the first time his face becomes angry

the more u hit him the redder he gets

that's it for now

but the bee is shitting on wojak. :^)

post webm, nigger

but does wojak have a feminine penis, and can i romance him?

Oh come on. Get this gay ass bullshit outta here.

but user, traps aren't gay

wojak needs to start running after you first hit him, to make it harder. also a score system.

fuck this is way funnier than i expected

You fucking faggot.

yeah i plan to have multiple wojaks at some point walking back and forth and u have to shit on them all, i just need to figure out a good way to do it and control their movements and stuff

thanks

What's a good tranny name? All of theirs sound imbecilic and made up, and apparently i'm not delusional enough to come up with one.

just take mens names and turn them into girl names

martin -> martina
brian -> brianna
michael -> michaela

Martha and Michelle would be better pass tbh fam.

make them patrol the area using timer user, move to the left for 2 seconds, flip, move to the right for 2 seconds, make them move quickly to make it a challenge

Shreik
wait why do you need tranny name?

the point is they are shitty tranny names fam

I recognize that cute snake

i'm making a game about a degenerate society, so of course i need a tranny in there somewhere, mate.

Michaella's good, but i want something on the level of Narcissa.

Sylvana. I know one named that.

morgana

Hey buddy I think you've got wrong door, the girly AIDS cravers board is two blocks down.
>>>/scat/
>>>/cuteboys/
>>>/out/

hmm I wonder are Pill Box even supposed to be able too shoot over the dragon teeth at all? Or should I just give this bunker a heavily armored roof machine gun?

Sylvana is is, then.
you have made gaming history, user.

The trick is to make the last name so it sounds like a fanfiction character.

To make my point, a few IRL tranny names:
Misty Snow
Chloe Seashell
Carolynn Petit
Anna Antropy
Christine Love
Mattie Bryce

Sylvana Seashell appeals to my autism for alliteration.

Dragon teeth are usually kinda small and engagements take place over longer distances so that's usually not much of a problem I think.

Just make them a bit taller I suppose or just don't give a damn.

anyone got any optimization advice for this function

pastebin.com/DZUj0jVs

Trying to make a font into a barcode display
Is this readable?

I want to replace some characters in the ASCII table as well, but I have no idea which to get rid of. Like I could just slap down symbols on top of the old symbols like ! and @, or I could just be completely arbitrary and do it to index 0x00, 0x10, and 0x20 per row.

Sure. But is it accurate?

Yes. I extracted the symbols from the wiki page:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Product_Code#Encoding

However the barcode image I created is invalid; it doesn't follow a particular format, and in addition, the right side should use the bottom set of symbols. It will be accurate when I finally do create it.

Also forgot the ascii I was going to replace

Well fuck, while ScriptableSingleton was indeed what I was looking for, it belongs to an accidentally exposed piece of internal API that can't be used, since you have no access to the attributes and other crap it needs to function properly.
tl;dr fuck it, just use .net serialization for editors

latest updates

so i need more air time? the animation is on 24 frames per second because i'm working off of some old school animation book that wanted me to do 6 key frames per stride that i stretched out to 12 and did one for each leg for 24 frames. witch is going to slow down wen i stretch it out to base 30 then to 60 as the transition from 24 to 30 will fuck up the "keyframes"/"poses" making the extremes of animations not show up on frames but only having transitions on frames makes me want to lock the game at 24 or 48 frames a second or 96 so each key framed pose will be at a in game frame. but that might fuck up game logic if i get japs to program for me. muh frames tied to game logic ticks.

that's a strangely well done physics engine for such a shitty game

some structures for a 40k mod for Empire at War I'm working on

wtf

And it's done now.

Hmm yeah it looks like there is not much for me to do about it so that the pill box doesn't look like a small fat tower instead of being a pill box.

that gun tower.
aren't ship guns shaped like that to lower the profile? and if so would that be a concern vs idk gun depression when you are on a tower? just seems kinda counter productive to slap a minimal profile gun on top of a tower. i mean just trimming off the whatever you want to call that plate that the gun sits on to maintain the gothic outline of the tower and raising the axis the gun elevates on a bit would make it look like it could fire downward if it wanted to. rather than looking like a ship gun mounted on top of a tower.

Well I'm just following the shape of the Hydra flak gun from 40k. I guess I could just increase the height of the turret itself if I wanted to.

Any OpenGL fags know the best way to draw a mesh with multiple parts? The only way I can think of is drawing each part individually, but then that's a ton of GPU calls.

No you don't, shut up.

use a vertex array

As long as its all in video memory stop worrying about optimization before u have it working

It also mostly depends on your mesh importer and how you've setup your data structures

Well the game is supposed to be centered around all characters, I just decided to start with DIO first because he's my fave.

I tried attaching a render texture (using a Camera with inverted colours) to a sphere then increasing the size of that sphere. But the textures don't move as the scale changes. If you could help me make it better, then sure I won't mind much.

Working on hipoly now.

or why not just make it dio exclusive fam? seems like he got enough fanbase for the game to stand on its own, beside every characters power in jojo is way too diverse anyway

damn badass structure son

he probably just apply a bounce effector to the ground fam, you dont need to create a whole new scripts for that

Egh, it's better to make the a good bank of characters that everyone can get accustomed to, give them no limits and let them fly. And a the demand for Dio campaign is never really something I saw coming, but I understand what you mean.

Aaaaaand done with the UV unwrapping and normal map/AO map.

What a selfish cunt.

I feel like I should know what to do here.

Precision rifle is coming along.

Yeah, you should move the opening { to its own line

I'm doing keto now as a means to combat my depression and increase productivity

im currently eating a plate of bacon, chicken fried in bacon grease with a huge piece of butter on top

this is a beginning of something beautiful

While protein is good, enjoy your cholesterol and fat, geez

Myself, I usually have eggs and toast in the morning, if not I have an Ensure when I get to work. For lunch I have a packet or two of instant noodles, and for dinner I have two homemade burgers, about 1/2 lb of beef.

How long did it take you to git gud at modeling?

Working on labels?

What game are you working on?

Grocery store sim, which I want to later expand into a managment/general retail sim

Though I've only got a few random assets and mockups with half of a general engine, nothing game specific yet.

Cholesterol and fat are actually good for you. The whole anti-fat bullshit wrecked America and the UK. The carbs is what kills people, as they build up fat because the glucose in their body is used for energy, while the fat is stored.

damn instant noodles are bad for you health dude, you should only eat it like once a week

well because it seems that it'll take a lot of time to make a lot of characters, and thats not including making asset for each one of em, but goodluck regardless fam

Where are the sights.

The only bad part of it is the sodium, which mostly comes from the packets

While making my game, (In Game Maker) I've found that there are inconsistencies in which client object is given which networking socket, based on whether or not the client object is in another instance of the game. The server object always has a socket/ID of 0, and when a client is created, it makes its own socket in its create event, and connects to the server. This client's socket, in theory, should be socket/ID 1, yet this is not always the case.

When the client object is in a separate game/program from the server, it behaves as would be expected. The window within GM:S reports "Client(1) Connected: 127.0.0.1", and the variable used to hold the socket made in the client's create event, global.clientsocket = network_create_socket(args), reports 1 as well.

However, when a client object is created within the same game/program as the server object, the server instead reports that it's connected on socket 2: "Client(2) Connected: 127.0.0.1". The server confirms this on every networking event ( via show_debug_message(); ), but asking the client object for the global.clientsocket variable still reports 1. Creating additional clients will also not increment the socket normally from that point, but instead increment by 2s. (4,6,8)

When I connect the client to the server with network_connect(global.clientsocket,ip,port), where does the third socket come from, and why is my old one seemingly abandoned? Anyone have any clue as to why it behaves this way?

Are you gonna add any other stands? Also in "the world" be soundless? It would be cool to see you add other possible stand powers in the game, though my only problem is how when you pause time the warp animation should be different.

Years and years.

Any recommendations for someone using blender on how to get started?

It's a precision rifle, not an accuracy rifle :^)
I'm in the process of adding a scope

>>>/3d/267
I found it today and looks like it's a solid starting point.

whoa the results are quite promising, thanks fam, this makes me reconsider making the environment via 3d not 2d, also theres some good advice there :

1. Daily work

2. Volume, not perfection (get shit done, shipped, out the door)

3. Steal

4. Conscious learning (be aware of what you use your time for in your #1 daily work, improvement comes in stages, jumps, etc, pure "practice" CAN end up being doing the same thing over and over)

5. Rest

6. Get feedback

7. Create what you love

Finished revising the other sprite to fit the new design. Also quick reference sketch about what's going on with her hips in the rear view to make it a bit more clear.

She walks a little too straignt, but man she is thicc as fuck, love her legs. Hard body I likey.

Thanks!

Also would like to add that her outfit reminds me of Major. Were you inspired by this by any chance?

Made this shitty pong clone to get to know the Godot engine some more and I've run into a little bit of a problem. Whenever the ball goes off-screen and the paddle is right next to the ball when it goes off-screen, it collides with it and moves slowly rather than just staying still until input. I'm using set_pos(vector2()) to move the ball back to the center of the screen and I understand that it will collide if something is in it's way but I can't figure out how to get around this problem. Another way I used which was to delete the ball when it goes off-screen and re-adding it to my main scene but wouldn't stop moving. I tried a few things like disabling the collision box before moving it then re-enabling it but the collision would still occur for some reason after the input to move the ball. Any ideas how I could get around this problem? Sort of loud beeps in this webm

To a point though I mostly just wanted to do a plugsuit design and just a naked plugsuit felt way too basic. And the cyberpunk staple is just throwing kick ass jackets on things so the two fit together really well. But yeah, the base idea from day one was "A ghost in the shell type game" so there's definitely some influence. I played around with a few different jacket designs until I got to this one.

If possible I'd love to do some other outfit designs like a thermo-optic poncho as alt-costumes but I got other stuff to get done before I can think about other costumes.

I really like it, and you do have a point for other possible alternate outfits but that comes later. Though I would say she does sway her his a tad too hard. I like the camera angle though. It should be like more slower but power hip strides, but I digress, keep up the good work user.

What manga is that?

Maybe, though if I slow it down now I'd have to redo all the breast animations and add in twice as many frames and probably the hair animations too. Here's a 1.5 times slower speed one which I think is about as slow as you could go before people complain about choppiness.

And thanks user I will, also Automata does have some great animations. I don't know if it's a manga, but I think it's called Bomber Jacket Gang? But I believe this is the artist maciejkuciara.deviantart.com/art/Showtime-work-in-progress-547309567

a friend wants me to pay me a lot of money to write a visual novel module for unity for his idea for a game which is gay furry sex and porn. naturally i accepted, so does anyone have any experience programming visual novels? i'm specifically interested in the architecture behind moving sequences from one to the next and including dialogue tress and stuff like that. i think the best place to start would be a node based engine extension that would allow someone to just hook up nodes with the pictures, dialogue and outcome they want.

just use renpy

Sounds easy. But if you're the guy getting paid for it, why would you ask here?

Did you get paid upfront?

Also I didnt try to come off as too critical because I know you put a lot of hard but good work into the sprites, but I think slowing it down actually might be the solution because in the 1st one she was just speed walking. Look forward to seeing what more you post here in the coming weeks.

Nah it's fine, I'm just thinking it over.

How's this one look to you?

lol its like every second the temptation for some idealistic user out there to throw away their puritan ideal for shekel is getting stronger

is she single?

For now.
I've thought about having some more risque stuff in the game thanks to Steam's easing up on anti-nudity rules.

also user thanks a lot for posting the side walk, i really need actual example for inspiration, it looks good, waiting for the side run
MUH DICK

eh any more update regarding greenlight? itch io is really not promising, and thats like our only actual alternative

But he's not doing the porn, he's just been asked to develop a generic engine extension.

Not that I've heard but even if steam takes a 30% or so cut that still seems worth it to me for the amount of people they'll flash your game at, unless you have a huge following outside of steam which I currently don't have.
I love this response every time I get it, that and the THICC sweating image.
No problem user.

Hmmm, its certainly better than the 1st slowed down one you posted, and it feels like the right normal walking speed a person would unlike the 1st one from this angle really does feel like its too speed walking. But this one, I feel like something is off but I like how it feels she has "a weight" in her walk. But I feel like I am the appropriate one that knows the right walking speed and I dont have enough background to really help. Thats my take. I think it was the boobs that were off but I am not sure.

I'll see what I can do later, gonna head to bed for now, catch you later.

Well a promise is a promise.
I've already got a modified fog shader made for another user who needed a similar effect, so this shouldn't be too hard.

That actually seems right honestly. Look forward to it! Also do you have a preference to use the sound effect of the OVA or the part 3 anime version?

The bounce of the boobs seems weird to me. It should match the body's movement, I think it should be more like this with a bounce on each step instead of every other step. Also her body should move down on the first down position, right now it only goes down on the second down position. Don't take my word for it though, I haven't done animation in a long time.

What's a good example for hp bar (or indicators) for enemies when they fill up the screen?

In some games, the enemy bars line up to one side of the screen, listing all the enemies that you are currently engaged in combat with. However this would be cumbersome when there are too many enemies.

My gameplay is sort of like tower defense, except in first / third person perspective. Putting an HP bar on everyone will work only in a locked far-off isometric angle such as in a regular tower defense or RTS game.

I noticed in EDF that enemies don't have HP bars at all. However my game has RPG stats so the player can't just remember (oh it takes 4 hits to kill this thing) which won't apply all the time.

Or alternatively, since quite a few games have no HP bars at all (because of muh realism / immersion excuse and because of regenerating health), then are players used to no HP bars for the most part? I can imagine it be best to drop all bars when the going gets hectic.

Why?

Sometimes not even that

i.imgur.com/0kJk4P4.jpg
i.imgur.com/MlH2qWb.jpg

K let me rephrase my question, where can I find examples of games with a good enemy HP bar style that work for many units at once

She should reach the apex of her step every time the legs pass each other. You have her body and breasts bouncing in half time of what it should be for her walking speed and as a result everything looks floaty.

I don't know what the OVA sounds like, is it the same as in the Dreamcast game?
I'm using the newer effect as reference, it sounds good but you could mix it with a quiet echo of the other one as the effect retracts, to pay respect to the old memes.

It sounds like all the air has been removed and they are like in a vacuum, also you get too see a bit how the world activates, like your gif.

EDF also has RPG stats, except it's just weapons being better than others. At first it takes 5 shotgun shots to kill an ant yet later you oneshot them with a better shotgun.
Also, since it's a first person tower defense game, look at what others do. Sanctum 1 and two are that kind of game I think, seems they just show a healthbar for the enemy you're currently looking at.

I suppose you could blend it into the new one somehow.
I forgot to mention, you better not be using Unreal.

Of course, I won't be putting in every character, I'm starting with these four for now because of how interesting they seemed to program:-
Kira Yoshikage
DIO
Josuke Higashitaka
Gudio Mista
Then I'll release the game and add the others as update based on what the Players demand. Same goes for the maps in the games as well.

Yeah it will be, after I'm done with the World I'm going to work on Crazy Diamonds ability next, which is going to be challenging but I'm willing to see how far I can go with Unity on it.

I used the sound effect from the new anime cause it sounded more badass. A cool idea however, is too make it so that Players can choose whether they want to use the Ova version or the 2015 version.

That's Epic man, and much better than mine!
How did you do it?

An edit of an edit of a fog shader. Also, displacement. And animation.
drop your steam if you got one

If you ever managed to make D4C, I'll fucking die, but there are so many cool stands you can get to play as. Like vanilla ice, Madom, or Pocoloco.

Pocoloco would be like what Dan is to Street Fighter.

but Nintendo already did it

What would you call a game that's in unspecified point of development, and will possibly never be "finished", but can be bought and played? Games that don't necessarily even need an "ending".

For example Ark and TerraTech and maybe even Minecraft, they seem to just be some sandbox RPG toys where the developers keep adding shit but don't seem to be going towards any clear finishing line, but they're still fun to play for long periods of time and thus arguably worth buying.

Calling it "early access" just sounds really jewish.

It's called a scam.

Open Alpha, because that's what it is.

Not if it's priced appropriately, depending on the completion stage. Alpha should be like 33% of final price. Beta is 66%

But alpha implies that it has a finished state that it's going towards. These games may not even be going into any specific direction, just expanding as they go.

Alpha implies that it's in early development. It does not imply any final direction at all.

But Ark for example is very big already, it's highly unlikely that it is going to change so significantly that a distinction between "alpha" and "finished" would be reasonable.

It's almost like there's a greek letter that follows alpha

alright it's done

If you call it a beta or an alpha, it'll be indistinguishable from a game that's about to be finished or has a clear roadmap to be finished. It's like saying "wait for a little bit more until final release".

Does anyone know the name of the pixel artstyle used in deadbolt/RoR, or games of similar artstyle?
Or in otherwords, is there a name for that perspective so I can get some official measurements n such to guide me?
I can't find the right search term… my google-fu is lacking atm.

Thanks, man, so how do I get it?

No, Beta means "we're sorta done with the way the game should look but there's lots more work to be done, polishing and cleaning it up"

It's not telling you to wait. Beta is the optimization and cleanup phase.

Please stop arguing against Early Access model for the sake of it. There's nothing wrong with the idea itself, it just needs to be regulated monetarily, as I said - 33% of final price during alpha and 66% of final price during Beta.

I'll whip up a package in a moment.
It will be a lot easier if you give me some contact info in case you can't set it up yourself.

I said "These games may not even be going into any specific direction" for a reason. The game could be done tomorrow or continue development for the next 20 years if the dev has enough ideas and interest.

Why? There's a new kind of development model out there, and using old terminology to describe it is dishonest and misleading.

Then don't go out of Alpha. Indexing your versions is plenty enough to describe how far along you are.

Alpha and Beta aren't misleading. They have been around for a long time for a good reason.

Yes, that's exactly why you expect specific things from them. I.e. that the game will be finished in the near future, and you possibly shouldn't buy it yet for that reason.

Alpha is early development. Beta is late development. You've got to be baiting, dude.

Is this some reverse irony bait? Because I seriously don't get why you're not listening to me at all.

What you're saying makes no sense. Alpha and Beta have no specific time durations attached to them. They're there to define how complete the game is, proportionally.

I'd say (for 3D games at least) genres are getting harder to define, and any 3D game that has enough content can be modded and expanded ad infinitum. A game of one genre can be modded to become (or in some cases, give birth to) another genre, Warcraft and tower defense for example.

My 3rd person shooter / tower defense / platformer / battle arena / RPG / action adventure / flight sim can keep going forever, as long as I get new ideas and know how to implement it. Because it's just a matter of controllable pawn, camera angle and distance, and relevant UI. The only thing that prevents me from tossing absolutely everything under the sun is that it doesn't fit the game world and lore.

Thanks fam

Now you've got to be baiting.

Jesus fucking Christ, user

Here's a tough question, say a criminal was shot by a police officer and killed. If Crimson erased the point in time where the officer shot the bullet, that would mean the the officer never shot the bullet but the final outcome would still be the dead person on the floor. Does that mean the police officer would have the same number of bullets at the beginning? And if so which bullet killed the criminal?

You can just put it on dropbox m8

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

I'm pretty happy with this.

Needs fireflies

my.mixtape.moe/klcyfo.unitypackage
Just add the component like any other image effect.
Animate its properties to make it work.
Set the sphere's position to somewhere right in front of DIO with your code.
The outer sphere's radius will not change size with distance. This is by design, the circle is actually 2D.
Anything in the gifs that isn't included in the shader was done with the built in effects.

looks pretty good

why does your noise filter or whatever it is make a point at her head?

every moment leads to the next to rob time of a moment would be to change history to diverge the timelines. that nigga was either shot or not.

Let me explain for the people trying to discenr the difference between alpha, beta, and early access:
An alpha is early development, often a horizontal slice as much as possible with occasional vertical slices. Pre-alpha is before that obviously.
Beta is gameplay done theoretically, with all assets in there, but with bugs and unoptimized code.
Early access says nothng about where the project is, it just means it's either pre-alpha, alpha, or beta, but you have to pay to access it. You do not pay for an alpha or beta. Any game that sells you one of the above is in early access.

thanks m8o, what can I credit you as?

super inefficient overcast skies

Nedds fireflies

Eventually

Your flame shrinks when the sun comes up, that doesn't make any sense. You should simply lower the amount of rings of light as sunlight becomes brighter, as the surrounding terrain is hit by more sunlight than torch light.

looks amazing, keep up the good work

You don't need to.

I'm not sure what kind of game you are making but it looks comfy.

king nigga

HOL UP

SMACKS LIPS

goddamit user

i know that feel, user.
every single day…

latest progress on Pepe's Revenge

made me feel so small fam

i fucking love this user

you know, as shit as your game is, you're making real fucking progress, which is something you should be proud of.

take your time, user. if you have to scale back, there's nothing wrong with that. I always cite Majora's Mask here. Small central hub, only four dungeons, reused assets, scaled back to three days from a week, and is still the best Zelda game.

Hey user, thanks for the input. The problem there is her torso twisting slightly rather than them sitting in one spot, and the reason the bounce looks weird is because they aren't bouncing at all really. They're swaying left and right with her front walk sprite movements. I had hell trying to do both that sway and the bounce at this angle.I eventually gave up and settled for one for the moment. It's definitely wrong but I settled for the least wrong option I could manage at the moment.

And the camera is at a 30 degree angle or so downwards for isometric view which is why her foot might look weird because at that step it's angling away from the camera and going more parallel to it.

But thanks for the red lines, I am going to save it for when I try retiming the sprites today though at that speed the bounce might be a bit more manageable if it's still there, will see. Thanks for your help.

thanks for the encouragement user, yeah you're right, it matters more on how clever we are on using utilizing with what we have.

but still i think i need to revamp the whole project because i simply badly overestimated myself with what i can do, and an rpg world with diverse type of people will simply take too much time to develop, not to include balancing the gameplay, bug fixing, making the lore consistent, and so on. Since unfortunately i'm running out of both time and money, i need really to change some stuff.

goodluck to both you and me mate

Who here can't wait for cryengine 5.4 to start a new project?

What's so bad about Unreal?

this post is triggering my shill alarm so hard

I've tried AnimGraph, it's only working via Blueprints(ofc) and you can't create a switch case and other stuff in the AnimGraph context. But primarily, look at the performance of ARK… I want to make a good graphics open world game.

How was the cum in SDT implemented?

To be fair RPGs are the one game so many people want to make as an indie, and on of the hardest games to make. Period. Age of Decadence was in development for about ten years I think.

I'm currently attempting to make a real-time action RPG with netplay. Estimated completion date is approximately 2055. Kill me.

It tells you how in the options, it's a strand shader.

Is there something like posemaniacs but with skeletons, or better yet, is there some tool specifically for animation reference? Just need something that gives me right proportions in perspective, so only need bony landmarks.

what exactly are those? how do you implement them in a different language?

what language/engine/etc?

C++/anything

then you'll be using opengl with shaders written in GLSL most likely

soz for large filesize, but new game mechanics are harder to record easily

if u poop on wojak he starts running, once he's running u have the ability to piss on him to make him slip over

this will get u extra points or something eventually i think

There should be some interaction with poop on the floor when he slips on it.

you could use unreal i believe it allows you to write your own shaders
ofcourse if you don't want the bloat sfml with opengl is also an option

once i figure out a way to do it, i'll make the wojaks progressively collect more shit on their bodies

i was considering having ground shits auto trigger the wojaks into running mode, but it seems like you would have every wojak running after a very short while

maybe a ground shit sticks to the foot of the first wojack that encounters it, i could work with this idea

Okay, I'm starting to get desperate, how do I into raycasting?

Protip:
if you use a white font on black background you will develop Fuchs' dystrophy.
Gabe Newell actually had that from his years of working at MS, go look it up.

meme

Is this a meme?

I am serious, pick a light gray because otherwise your eyes will try to adjust to either the dark background or the light foreground constantly.

It is, Fuch's dystrophy is genetic.

But that user's background was already gray, yours is dark blue.
I'd personally lighten his background just a little, right now it's darker than Tomorrow's background here.

I made a Tier 2 Light-Medium Crane Vehicle now.

Pick a light gray for the font user, not the background.

I know, I'll just use a black background and black text. Problem solved.

Apologies, I appear to be retarded.
In that regard, is Tomorrow's text too bright? It's #C5C8C6

Dunno, I prefer to work with dark background and light fonts for practicality reasons though. Under good light conditions it makes no damn difference, but if the lights in your room are shit or it's getting dark, a dark background has the substantial advantage of not blinding you. It's a much more pleasant experience because it's a lot easier on the eyes.

Just use #808080

Those symptoms are familiar. I've developed Visual Snow over the last few months and it's hell.

oh really? well its probably because of everyone having their own crazy story inside their head, and rpg is really the best story telling medium out there.
Probably also the reason why so many people gave up, since their first project was probably rpg too. I'll probably change mine into strictly 2d platformer, and i'll try to simplify my story to fit it in.

shaking my head family

looking good as always fam, keep up the good work

I'm probably going to start with an arcade mode myself that evolves into having a Campaign Mode

Eh wait you mean its going to have campaign mode when you release another game?

But yeah lets keep it simple and sweet fam, we cant really compare our game to a full ps4/pc game that has price range of $60, and we'll probably charge not even a quarter of that, i'm sure people will be more tolerable with the quality.

I'm just exaggerating because the part I'm currently working on is taking forever and I'm annoyed. Realistically, it might take another year.

No just adding a campaign mode later.

Have you thought about adding some leaf swaying to the trees? Also the occasional bugs or animals moving through bushes and leafs moving around ya know. Not too much but the occasional. Also I love your shit, been praying I get to see it, whats your game called again?

at least change the goddamn filename

I think I found a way to cut down the amount of work I do for clothing…

Basically I'll do white masks again, but also allow a colored pattern that gets applied in a second pass to clip to the shirt. I just did a quick and dirty layer mockup here, but I suppose I'd actually do a clipping mask to punch out invalid parts of the clothing so that it ends up properly shaded, instead of just drawing a pattern on top. (or rather, use the pattern as the clipping mask to a second white sprite, instead of just drawing a colored pattern)

Remember to add procedurally generated logo shirts
You can condense the patterns by using rgb blending

I had considered logos, actually. Though, it'd probably just be a 7x7 thing that gets slapped on randomly

Will there be randomly generated brands of products?

I wasn't planning on that. When I get around to it, I was going to make a bunch of obvious knockoff brands like Bepsi and Cocola with a variety of products

eh honestly thats a good idea, i mean animal kind of stuff is not only popular to the sexual deviants, its also popular to the kids, i'm telling you you're unto something, why not make everyone an animal? it sorta gives your game something unique too.
So grocery store sim + animals people + some small mission and story. It could be a cute game.

Yeah im taking forever in practicing and drawing the art too. Honestly i already did all the system minus dialog and saving + loading. Since i dont know how to innovate in the gameplay department, ill spent 80% of my development time try to make an appealing animation and art, but the gameplay will be really barebones, sorta like senran kagura.

what part are you working on fam?

The networking. I built the basis of the game about a year and a half ago, but then realized that it'd be much better if it had multiplayer, so I'm on take two.

well damn this is why i'd never make a game that deals with connectivity, seems to be a lot of work. goodluck then fam

It is, but don't let my shitty development cycle dissuade you. The progress I've made in my extremely limited free time shouldn't be representative of how long it actually takes. It's attainable.

>idea must be an RPG or it won't work
>absolutely can not be done in RPG Maker either
I don't know what to do with my life.

latest work

-added piss puddles
-added some more scenery
-refactoring code to support newer features

some wojaks are clipping thru the floor so i'll have to apply a check to see if they are too low and set their position to be higher

It sounds to me like you know the exact thing to do with your life.

still i mean, the only way i can think of that the game would use some sort of connectivity is if i'm planning to make mmorpg, which is a hugeee project in itself, yeah i'll stick with simple stuff fam lol

if you really really want to make rpg, i guess as the other user said
so make it small but memorable i guess?

goddamnit i love bee yourself meme, btw why not change the whole sprite into red rather than just the face? with more wojak its getting harder to see

Huh, never really thought of it that way. I've written well, >written a premise, but throwing all that out for a smaller-scale thing might be a good idea.

from the old /cwc/ when someone was developing a platformer

It's amazing that people don't understand this better. Some of the most memorable games are actually extremely small, in retrospect.
Sufficient polish on story and core mechanics, even if there's little complexity, will get people to overlook a lot of things.

I'm now convinced to buy Majora's Mask, it's going to be my first Zelda game. (Amusingly, my only Zelda experience has been tinkering around in Best Buy displays or watching someone else play, never by myself. But research calls…)

Also pic related. Dunno what to call them other than mini rpgs

Reading code is not the same as reading text.
Studies have shown that for reading text (books or anything like it) dark font on light background is better.
However reading code is very different as in you don't actually "read" a lot of. Instead you skim the code for structures (i.e. loops/ifs etc.). You want those to stand out to easily skip from section to section.
Actual colors are debatable but make sure you have good contrast between whatever you use.

first sprite that looks decent… I can't imagine animating this and, yes, I used journey as inspiration for this sprite.

what is this, a sprite for ants?

that's the size I pixeled it at… can't really do anything about it, heh
u could open it in a new tab, and zoom thou

quality sprite, user.
just upscale it when uploading here, for god's sake, man.

thank you and will do

Thanks fam, making a model of some stuff is my favorite part.

since the sprite is originally small, you could just animate the headband + scarf for the idle animation, and for running animation just do the naruto thing where they throw their hand behind, and use the same animation for the headband+scarf

mhm it's done now.

Why do you have 1 pixel textures?

eh, because I draw it that way.

Yeah so do you think I should go with animals or humans for my grocery sim?

Now I have two names to pick from

What's that vehicle for? I thought your game was some kind of battle RTS

If you're thinking of appealing to the furry audience, then you'd better find an artist.

Do you think what I have now is adequate for character sprites? See

If I went ACNL lite, Id get someone to do character portraits but now I dont know what I want to do.

i think they use that photoshop addon where u handpaint textures
So it can look like 1pix textures

if you use bilinear/trilinear sampling in your shader you can make the edges of the colors fade together in the fragment shader stage

i was thinking something similar for the idle animation, maybe some clothing moving too.

ay hol up, we're goin super saiyan u know what I'm sayin

dang, pixel art is surprisingly fun, way more entertaining than 3d modeling.

I don't know what the term battle is supposed to mean but it is a RTS game, the unit is used for building Tier 2 buildings such as Visagina Nuclear Power Plant or Advanced Ore Metal Extractor.

Akshually I used 3D Coat for that since I don't like it how Blender painting brush scales with the camera, because I like to have a brush scale of 20 and not 14,2222124

I don't know how to write shaders, I use currently only stock Spring ones.

Adequate in what sense? They're not very attractive, gotta be honest.

I just meant something like CnC where battling against enemies is the whole point.

I need a place to host my shitty plugin(s) and I don't wanna use git anymore.
what do

Lookin pretty good user, very clean.
Love me some spring engine games, as total annihilation is the best RTS in existence.
What types of changes u going for to the core TA formula?

oh yeah I think i remember talking to u about that in the agdg irc ages ago if that was u, that is, my bad if not

shaders are surprisingly easy to code, so don't shy away from them if u need to implement something
Though, I bet u can find a already done shader w/that sampling amongst the spring community forums/resources

Rent a server and make a website? Then you can also host your blog on your own url instead of a .tumblr.com one.

If u have a blog just post a link there, with keywords, and upload the actual plugin(s) to some filesharing site.
If u use unity u can post the code on the community wiki.

Plenty of other ways, but these are the lowest effort ones tbh.

Thanks fam.
Yeah Spring is much easier to mod now since I can use Blender directly and I do not need to fiddle with the ancient Upspring anymore, so I can easily change parts again and I don't need to worry about badly imported smoothed surfaces. The Upspring model editor comes with a lot of bad things such as that hierarchy pieces are not so easily changeable and it's not so easy to use compared to blender.

Hmm something like this:
-Combat engagement: for any regular units/defenses it will be in about 800~ elmo units so right now no other units can outrange each other except for artillery of course, through I am not going to stay it like that for now because I want to avoid the World of Tanks effect where you can get hit out of nowhere and other weird popping up behavior.
-Tiers: For buildings it will be mostly a positive upgrade and will more or less replace the older buildings such as ore/metal extractors, for defense it varies between effectiveness and building cost.
For units well it varies a lot, it will definitely give out better units with better stats and the like, when I get to add things like T-64 or T-72 tank it will not necessary outrank the T-55 tank but T-55 won't be able to engage against T-72 very well unless if its maybe used in a ambush or in massive spam.
So in other words higher Tiers won't necessary make the older Tiers completely useless.
-Resources:
mhm right now this part is by default very rigid so there is not much I can change. For the Panzer Elite faction it won't have any energy storage building due to battery technology being very ineffective and only Power Plants provide some bits of energy storage and that's it, also the Power Plants needs some metal in order to keep running since coal and uranium is not really available for free, to compensate for that fact I will later make some sort of so-called "renewable" energy sources such as wind and tidal generator. Metal Generators/Synthesizers for both faction will still exist in some form.
I need to look later at other mods where they have changed the Resource stuff via gadgets and maybe I can make some use of that.

After the Panzer Elite faction is highly playable I will be going to refurbish my planed Alien faction which is going to be optimized for AI like behavior which kinda fits it since right now the AI builds their bases in a "hive" like fashion. I am not going to add the chicken mode since right now it lags like shit and nobody seems to fix it anymore.

>to u about that in the agdg irc ages ago if that was u, that is, my bad if not
Yeah that's me m8y.

I have seen that Zero-K has a lot of shaders stuff one of them is even normal maps shader so I will take a look at it later, that will come in handy so I can make my models a bit better looking.

shouldn't they run away from the poop as it drops slipping on the pee and then getting shat upon as they lay in a puddle of piss?

Sounds legit.
Never imagined a panzer elite faction w/TA style gameplay, that will be badass.

oh that's a good idea.
That's really my biggest qualm for RTS games is generally the AI.
If the faction itself is optimized for the AI behavior then that's perfect; although, touching up the AI itself would be neat too.

That's fine; I'm mostly using the style SS13 had and if they're ugly, then I should just focus on the grocery/sim aspect rather than making cute and endearing critters that look horrible

oh are you using SpringRTS engine?

that's fucking neat, i've played a couple games on that and they are great. What style of gameplay/technology era are you going for?

how would that gameplay work? there's no challenge to piss/poop on wojak. slipping on puddles and slipping on poops is an idea though

Well the Panzer Elite faction will be stuck with a rather oldish technology in the beginning and they won't get any access to more sci-fi stuff such as lasers, railguns and what else is considered sci-fi. So at the beginning they have to fight their way out with BTR-60/70, T-55 and machine gun trucks. Later I am going to add WW2 technology and some of their advanced ones, then Cold-War Era and more modern German/Eastern stuff such as T-90 and Leopard A2x + some custom ones because I like having large variety. I don't know where I should place American/United Kingdom technology yet maybe for other Human based faction.

The alien faction one, hmm I have not really ironed that one out yet completely if I should make the first one already as a outer galactic space faring civilization or a rather less but still highly advanced technology that is somewhere stuck in Earth and other Sol planets which is enough for them to gather resources for a invasion at Earth. But the alien faction will be surely optimized for the AI so it's units/buildings will act much more differently then the Panzer Elite.

For the gameplay one well due to it's nature it will be semi-realistic at best but it will not focus on simulation tier at all since I consider the fun part a bit of a higher priority then the no-fun allowed realism. I will try making the economy aspect having a much higher role since I don't really like the overt simplistic OTA economy where some mods like Tech Annihilation goes so far that all you have to do is spamming metal generators and fusion reactors and other OTA mods. No I did not meant to write that OTA economy is absolute shit in fact it is still better then some modern (((AAA))) RTS games does nowadays.