Morrowind and Magic RPGs general

My turn to OP edition
Was going to play Diablo 1, but the graphics are fucked on my widescreen monitor. Started a game of Wizardy 8, because I always wanted to try this series, but apparently I suck. So, going
to play me some Morrowind to kill the time.
Don't be an eN-wah, everyone can play.
Download
kickass.cd/the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-game-of-the-year-edition-gog-tt17247922.html#main

At the very least, absolutely make sure you get the improved faces mods off Nexus, it really is a huge improvement to the overall feels.

nexusmods.com/morrowind/?

Other urls found in this thread:

strangebytes.com/index.php/projects/1-diablo-1-windows-7-vista-patch
ghostbin.com/paste/hnro4
openmw.org/2017/distant-terrain/
khanduras.net/2014/05/diablos-ui-needs-change/
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42149/?
katcr.co/
wiki.theassimilationlab.com/tescosi/FCOM_Installation_Guide
venturebeat.com/2016/06/12/the-elder-scrolls-online-has-7-million-players-and-is-removing-level-restrictions/
arx-libertatis.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not for me tbh. I love how the original faces look so distinct.

Step 1: Sedya Neen
-loot the dead tax collector - turn in later -loot the falling dead mage -loot the SWEET ring with the fortify +10 int/wil ring

Step 2: Stilt to Balmora - Join the warriors and mages. -Buy summon longsword (57g) -Kill the rats for the warriors. Get the mushroom quest from the mages.

Step 3: return to Sedya Neen - clear out the slave cave, (sell moon sugar in Balmora) pick the neccesary mushrooms, turn in mushroom quest, accept fake soul gem quest. steal all 70k in soulgems during this quest.

Step 4: Go to Caldera via mage teleport. Sell lesser gems to YOUKNOWWHO, stash grand gem for now. Bank 20k.

Step 5: Travel around Morrowind, buy bitches and spells, train skills, profit.

???Profit

In case anyone was worried, the necrofag adventures still continue. I just had to spend some time in Fyr's corprusarium because I was sick. Now I'm taking a leave in eastern Morrowind to do some sightseeing. Just arrived in Port Telvannis. I'll post some pics of it later.

I do not care about you :)

I don't care about you either.

Tip for the wizardry games: don't worry too much about losing squads of adventurers while you're still in the initial stage of mapping out the dungeon on paper.

You won't make many friends that way.

I don't need friends. I have skelebuddies.

I've got a bone for you.

Neat.

to each their own i guess. i like the slutty new faces.

where is the location of the last screen shot?

Kids these days…. I'm playing Hellfire 1.01 using a modified ddraw.dll library file. On a Windows 7 64 bit too. Link:
strangebytes.com/index.php/projects/1-diablo-1-windows-7-vista-patch

On a 1920x1080 monitor.

Talk about a funny bone.

Ma'nigga that worked beautifully. I googled the fuck out graphic fixes for Diablo 1 and couldn't find shit. 1000 KFC vouchers for you sir.

Not bad. Not sure if I should play through LoD, the beginning looks like shit tbh.

It was somewhere in the Boethiah's Spine region. It was right across from a Deadric ruin. It looked as though the bridge had once led right across to the daedric city but was destroyed in some battle. I wanted to investigate more but my character was out of food and I needed to teleport to a town.

gothic 1/2 was better from a gameplay perspective
not as much on the lore though

Any good mods for gothic 1/2? I'm gonna play them vanilla first but I like checking out mods after I play older RPGs like this

Update on user's OpenMW modpack

It should only take a couple more weeks at most for the first version, here's the current load order of the data files directories: ghostbin.com/paste/hnro4
Probably finished:

My changes:

WIP General

WIP my changes

Probably can't be done until OpenMW is dehardcoded

All major gameplay changes will be optional as will whether you want to use normal textures or watercolor ones, but everything data file directory that isn't from Morrowind or Tamriel Rebuilt will be merged into one as will the .esps and .esms they contain. It will only work with OpenMW for many reasons including the fact that the master will be a .omwmaster file, textures will use parallax, and my scripts are written with the improved compiler in mind and will not compile in the vanilla CS (vanilla has lots of limits on stuff like variable arguments and functions per line).

FYI Scrawl has implemented distant land into OpenMW again, I haven't compiled the recent version myself though but I will later.

Whoops that Balmora screenshot is one taken before I made a compatibility patch there so you can see rocks on the street on the right side. Also ">intelligence below determines" should be "intelligence determines"

What

Big fan of this. Keep it up.

it's a TPB mirror but i like the search options better.

Wow. It's like you're literally doing everything wrong in this game.

weapons for niggers and autists.

Man I can't wait until OpenMW gets dehardcoded, I'm scripting changes to combat right now by editing the animation files to play silent sound effects on certain animations then using IsSoundPlaying on the player because that's the only way to figure out what they're doing (like casting spells or attacking).

Bethesda programmers truly are absolute fucking garbage. By the way they're STILL using hit detection based off of a cone in front of the player, that's how it works in Fallout 4 in an age where detecting hitbox intersection is trivial.

I was going to jump in and post this, it's looking pretty neat, and it looks to be handled in a way different to other Elder Scrolls games do it too, which I never liked, at least I don't think it's done the same way.

Anything else needed before Morrowind.exe and it's hacks become completely obsolete?

Anything else needed before Bethesda and it's hacks become completely obsolete?

I can't agree with all of those changes, looks like a lot of effort though

That sounds like a mess, and even Thief had collision for it's combat and Moutain Blade handles proper collisions for it's weapons with hundreds of people fighting at once.

I follow OpenMW development pretty closely so I can give you the status on some of these:
Scrawl says it isn't hard to implement (and could be done automatically when the engine loads) and the only question is they're arguing about how to allow modders to manually create LODs that would override generated LOD meshes
OSG has something for this, someone just needs to implement it
LUA has been successfully bound to the engine (not in origin-master though) and now it's just being sandboxed so mods don't have access to potentially dangerous features like file I/O
Scrawl's recent commits have improved FPS by about ~20-30% for most people, but he says the limiting factor is draw calls and after 1.0 will work with OSG to implement Vulkan
Not being worked on yet but hopefully soon, I'm gonna fuckin die if I have to load up NifSkope again.

And for the others the only one being worked on is of course TES3MP, they can now save worldstates and have made shit like pillow forts with it, their biggest focus now is getting NPCs to sync.

Mind letting me know which ones and why? I'm not sure about all of them either but the game definitely needs some kind of significant gameplay overhaul. There will definitely be an uncontroversial version that does little other than replace graphics/sound and gameplay changes everyone would want (like one mod that adds keys to every locked door in cities which you can find in places like NPC's pockets or in chests).

Not who you were replying to but:
Personally I could do without the changes to the stats/what the stats do. I feel as though attributes are fine the way they are I know I might get some shit for this but fuck you

Will the stat changes at least be their own .esp so I can disable them and keep all of the graphics/quality of life changes?

This being said I applaud the effort and I'm happy at least someone is working on a big gameplay overhaul for OpenMW. Also I posted this in the last Morrowind thread but just in case some anons haven't heard:
openmw.org/2017/distant-terrain/
==DISTANT TERRAIN NIGGERS== fuck I've been waiting for this for a long time

Of course, the core gameplay changes will be in a separate addon to the rest. There will also be another addon with somewhat significant changes to the death system as well as the beginning and ending of the main quest that deviate pretty heavily from vanilla. In that I'll be making it so the prophesy of the Nerevarine is a self-fulfilling prophecy devised by Dagoth Ur to get some random person to mantle his old buddy so that his best friend may live again. Getting killed by the Nerevarine was part of his plan.

The reason for that is mostly just to make an alternate intro that is much faster and explains the creation of new characters which is important for the death system. Also I really like plot tweests and dislike the idea of a chosen-one prophecy thing.

I follow it but I rarely post, I maybe read the forums once a week.

They better allow custom statics, I'm pretty sure the MGE XE implementation

I'm sure there was something else to the shadows not being implemented.

I'm aware of Lua support but that faglord Zini was more interested in just "improving" the MW script which lets be honest, it's shit and the industry standard Lua would both make it easier for newcomers versed in Lua to learn how to mod and would be a great skill to learn for modders. MWscript isn't even being "improved" to support MWSE scripting functionality the plan is to implement new scripting features in it's own way so you have to put in effort to port your MWSE mods anyway..

I've seen the stuff about optimizations but I'm sure the game could go further, when I can get better framerates in Skyrim with ENB there's definitely an issue, call me when I can run through Old Ebonheart or Almalexia with a stable 60fps.

Can't wait to never have to deal with .nifs, aside from ripping game models for reference.

The change of luck to vitality, the game already has endurance, and I like that increases to health aren't retroactive although of course the game poorly handles incentivizing increases to endurance early on every build, although the games RPG stat system is inherently flawed.

Replacing textures in Morrowind is shit because most of the default models have fucking atrocious uv mapping, but that's not an issue with your mod.

Buying spells that others make is still valuable

I like Armor skills.

I probably won't use your mod.

Excellent. I also want to mention that the death mechanic of having a "backup" character to start with after you die is an excellent idea if you can pull it off. It would really help with
On a side-note, how are you liking the OpenMW CS? Is it easier/harder to work with than the vanilla TES3 CS? Have you worked with the old one before? I know the OpenMW CS is still a WIP but I'm just wondering as I've kind of gotten inspired to start trying my hand modding using OPenMW

Blah, I'm pretty sure MGE XE just batches all the statics above a certain size within a cell into a single static and builds a low res texture atlas for them, it would be much better to give the game proper low poly statics to further reduce load.

Also Morrowind's Open World map is pretty poor, I hope someone improves it so I don't have to.

Does that mean you can die and play another character, that sounds neat but I'd hate it, I'd rather be able to just select being able to play as not the Nerevarine and be able to have another NPC be the Nerevarine to end to stuff happening in Vvardenfell, that would also be good for Shotn/TR/PC because I'd rather play a completely different character.

I've used it, it's incomplete, a bunch of functionality was missing, you can't edit the landscapes and you can't nudge objects into place, it would be best to wait for OpenCS to be complete. OpenCS was more stable than Vanilla CS

What would you have luck do instead? As it is now it's incredibly boring and noone ever levels it since it's always better just to specialize in something like if you want to fare better in melee combat you level agility and if you want to not fuck up your spells you get willpower (and level your schools).
I chose to separate the health/stamina regen because I think it's more fun to make builds if you have a bunch of stats that each do one unique thing.
Which is why I've got about ~8 mods that directly address UV mapping and plenty more that are full remodels
What do you find valuable about it?
What do you like about them?

That is planned too but is currently impossible in the engine (to my knowledge). I'm thinking you could create them by soul trapping humans (which is also impossible) but I'm not sure, let me know if you have any good ideas because making backups shouldn't be easy.

Great because that's the plan, when it's possible in the engine I'd make it so you can make other characters in the same save game and switch between them, this would also let you make backups of the Nerevarine or any character. Not sure how to balance the creation of new characters though, it should be pretty hard to do and something accessible to everyone (as in it can't just be a conjuration thing).

Who /telvanni/ here?

If you're abusing fortify effects it's pointless because you generally get 10x the effect fortifying a skill, or 2x for a governing attribute. But otherwise you can min/max to 100 in all attributes so it's worth it then.

Generally just to get a magical effect for self-made spells. They should've had more of the circinate spells cheaper than what you can spell make yourself.

Everyone who min/max because the other great house rewards suck. Aryon's Dominator too strong.

My man!
Tell me, who is your favorite Telvanni wizard and why is it Divayth Fyr?

I just like luck as an attribute in most RPGs, it's pretty useless in Morrowind, especially if you want to remove the rng, I guess the effort to make it valuable would be much greater than just making a new skill.

I don't like having to make all my own spells even though most of the games spells are pretty shit.

I like the way Morrowind handles armor having skills for 4 different kinds of armors, it isn't optimal and could be improved on but I'd rather keep the armor skills then throw them away.

Overall some of the changes are good but the differences aren't something that I'd care about, apart from allowing you to play as someone other than the Nerevar.

When OpenMW is improved enough that large stat overhauls are doable I'd probably have a go at my own system and implement D&D style stats that are more like determining the players own genetic makeup instead of fluid stats you can change as the game goes on, I'd probably rebalance Health, Fatigue and Magicka so that they have a 2 limits, their max limit which is based on your stats and their current max which decreases both over time slowly and whenever you use these bars but recovers from eating food for Health, drinking water for Magicka and sleeping for Fatigue, just because it would be nice to see games reinforce eating food, drinking water and sleeping without feeling like survival excess.

This looks more up your alley Mycology Nerd.

I must have forgotten to post that I'd be removing spells and replacing them with dummy spells that you only buy for the effects and most merchants would only have a couple so you'd have to travel around to find them all.

Also I don't want a stat that is objectively worse than others because then noone would ever consider leveling it or fortifying it which reduces the amount of decision making in the game, and RPG builds are all about decision making.

My biggest issue with the armor is that sometimes I wanna make my dude look cool and not wear a helmet or only have a pauldron on one arm but there is no gameplay reason to do this. I don't see what the armor skills actually add to the depth of the game either and they don't even make sense, why would being skilled at wearing armor make the armor stronger?

Holy shit you're my dude, I was planning this exact same system but chose not to implement it because it's not possible in the current system. Seriously what you just wrote is exactly what was written in the original design doc for the mod.

Redoran > Hlaalu > Indoril > Dres > Telvanni, at least in terms of well being for the average person

PLANTATION N'WAHS

How dare you insult us like that, user.
Every wizard worth his salt knows that the NAP is for sissy faggots.
Listen here you n'wah, I don't disagree. Except Hlaalu are a bunch of outlander collaborators and should be gassed.

I bet you faggots think Vivec could have stopped Talos.

The armor was definitely implemented poorly, but that's the standard throughout Morrowind, I wouldn't say any of it's RPG systems are well implemented, it's just innately fun to slowly build up and become powerful and it's fun to break these systems and fly across the map in a single bound or punch a god so hard the game crashes.

Ultimately I'd rather have a system that reinforces and rewards consistency in armor choices then one that doesn't, but I could imagine a system that handles this far better than the way Morrowind does, because it's RPG systems suck dicks.

I'm surprised it doesn't exist because it just kind of works and too few RPGs want to immerse me but give me almost no reason to sleep or implement it in poorly.

I do, I just don't add my batter to the mix.

Ironic that you say that, considering that your glorious Empire got buttfucked by the High Elves.
By the way, I hope you don't believe that Tiber Septim was a god. Your local Thalmor Justicar might want a word with you.

Now this we can agree on

Yes goyim, join the empire because globalization is good for you! Don't you want to support diversity?

Well if you've got one then let me know because I don't really want to remove armor skills, I want to make combining armor types a viable option.

Such a system can't be implemented in current OpenMW but I'd have to look back through my notes to remember what I had come up with to fix the armor, of course I'd have to find my notes first.

Well that's no fun.
How do you deal with the ennui?

I'm glad we can harmonize on one issue.
Now, would you care to adjust your quaint ranking system and put Hlaalu where they belong? In the "To remove" section?

Well unliked Telvanni Dres women don't look like Falmer so I don't have to fuck my livestock.

That's why I structure every file that is remotely important to me (notes, password database, projects, openmw data files, reaction pics/webms, music) in one big folder structure and keep it synced on MEGA, makes my life a lot easier than it was before.

Well that was only for your average person, Hlaalu stays there since its regular people aren't enslaved or powerless against the powerful but if the list were ranked by how great life is for those in power or how quickly technology advances then Telvanni would easily be at the top and if it were ranked by loss of cultural values then Hlaalu wouldn't even be at the bottom it'd be in the garbage.

This is a negative statement so Hlaalu would be at the top, pretend I said "preservation of cultural values"

What's that? Some sort of sentient, parasitic fungus that robs you of your emotion and money?

We should just have a council of wizards ruling Morrowind tbqh familia.

You should speak more respectfully of Talos Stormcrown.

Diversity in the form of foreign slave labor is the only thing that makes the economy of Morrowind sustainable. The Empire permits people to remain within the borders of their own homes and succeed through trade.

Or what? You'll silently fume while you prep your Altmer bull?

It's a semi sentient hole I put my dick into to make more Dres men, mostly used for decoration around the house and as a talking piece for dinner parties.

Begrudgingly, if the council had their way then Morrowind would be just as diverse as the Imperial City. Also slave labor isn't forced diversity it's just the Dunmer doing whatever they want.

I prefer to slowly kill things as they weep on the floor for me to put them out of their misery.

It's an abstraction. The armor doesn't become stronger. You learn to use it more effectively to reduce damage. That fancy Daedric shield and dagger is worthless unless you know how to block attacks properly, or to hit your enemy.

Armor isn't magic damage-reducing fluff. To actually use any piece requires you to take advantage of what it's good for. Yes you should get more protection than being naked, but Morrowind already does this.

My favourite Telvanni wizard is me obviously. Why would I settle for anything less?

Pickers of Cotton.

Shitposting aside, how do you guys rank the in-game races?
I mean overall and for particular categories (lore, stats, etc.).

Wait, you mean you don't clone yourself?

Good man. That arrogance will serve you well.

The best spell in the game is easily damage strength, you just use it until enemies can't move thanks to burden and leave them there indefinitely.

Another great spell is levitate on target at 1 magnitude, pretty much slows them to a halt and has a low cost. Alternatively you can give them a reasonable levitate and go up into the air yourself then drain their acrobatics right when it ends so when they fall they die from the fall damage.

Although the one spell I can't play without is "Jump ~40 magnitude for 1s + slowfall 1m for 15s"
Pretty much turns the game into crackdown.

It's because he is a nice guy who does not try to exploit you, unlike other Telvani. He just wants to work on reseach, have some fun, and make the world a better place. Other Telvani are mostly preoccupied with petty personal feuds.

Sounds good, but game would need some actual foods. Vanilla has just rice, scuttle, scrib jerky, bread, ogar meat, crab meat, and kwama eggs. Everything else is just shrooms, herbs, and other alchemy ingredients.

As far as lore and aesthetics go:
Argonians, Nords, Dunmer, Imperials, Dwemer, non-thalmor High Elves, Sloads

Bretons, Orcs, Redguards, Khajits,

Bosmer, Snow Elves

When it comes to gameplay, High Elves are best for mages, Redguards for warriors, Khajits for thieves, and Dunmer (and maybe Bretons) for all arounders.

MAKE LUCK GREAT AGAIN
old way (ish):
random(skill) > random(difficulty)
ie 50 for a moderate difficulty skill.
pass if skill > random.
new way:
random(skill) + random(luck)/3 > (random(difficulty) +(difficulty/3))

that would make luck usefull but not OP.

pretty shit min maxing guide tbh

go ahead faggot, show me what you got besides shit flowing out your En'Wah mouth.

btw it wasn't meant as a guide, that is just what i happened to do myself in my new game. i'm looking forward to your self-made literary masterpiece though broh.

now for a long term goal
this should give you an unarmored skill of 200+ which gives the defense of 260, almost as good as daedric with less than a tenth of its weight.

Have you been watching Japanese cartoons again?

Oh and another thing you can do is enchant some pants with constant effect of restore fatigue so that you can run everywhere without any care about stamina.

Looks like shit, tbh.

Yeah, me too.

That sounds like a nigger build.
+spear.
+no clothes.
+voodoo shit potions.

Nigga you're wearing the best clothes possible
Its the top pimp build complete with selling the soul of your golden saint ho.

You be stealing my ideas nigga!

Use the armor merchant in Mournhold instead. She has 10000 gold if I remember. Higher than Creeper's 5000 anyway.

This skill is weird because its increases aren't linear, unlike light/medium/heavy. However it takes ages to eclipse what Daedric gives you, and AR is capped to 75% damage reduction anyway, so I'd just stick to Daedric with Fortify Strength effects, and enchant my clothes with something else.

I normally mix that effect with my potions of speed to counteract that all the ingredients with it have damage fatigue as a side-effect, albeit one that's insignificant. That also frees up another enchant slot for something else.

rest my case.

I'll stick with my longsword/katana and heavy plate, enjoy your "exquisite pants", m'nigga.

All this talk of features, but people never discuss the most important feature of streams in rivers because I played Morrowind for years without realizing the game has "rivers"

This for fuck's sake. I have a gayman pc, unmodded Morrowind with some distant land shouldn't be as taxing as it is.

This is very promising. Maybe they actually optimize the engine for real.

just like blacksmithing and alchemy abuse in skyrim, i personally stop doing anything to min/max after i hit 75 in a stat/skill and "just play".

You've got me really intrigued, user. Please keep at it!

None of those are actually features of Zenimax's Morrowind engine or its hacks, though, and OpenMW has the advantage of not needing runtime hacks for any kind of extra functionality or bugfixes in the first place - not to mention all sorts of bugs being fixed in OpenMW that haven't even been fixed in Zenimax's Morrowind engine with said runtime hacks (the save corruption bug that Zenimax's Morrowind engine has all the way up to Fallout 4, anyone?)

That's not Diablo 1 bub.
khanduras.net/2014/05/diablos-ui-needs-change/

Today I figured out
Whiterun is just a copy of Balmora.

Elaborate.
I want to hear your hypothesis.

He probably means how it's split into two halves by class
Though that's how most cities work, more or less

Feh. How dull.

Preach.

I wish there was a mod that only disabled fog depending on where you are
Indoors or in modded content like TR it's more of a pain in the ass, but it's practically necessary near the coastlines and in deceptively small areas like solstheim

I just noticed Skyrim is well over 5 years old, is it still a 'shit' game? I mean, it's been long enough for modders to make something good for that stinking pile of lies.

When referring to hacks I was also including MWSE and MGE, basically the first list is the if this is completed you can jump on OpenMW and never look back at Vanilla MW although you'd still need OpenCS to be completed as well, that should be there because it would be great to never have to use CS or it's shitty licence ever again.

I'm sorry what?

I know that water meshes are planned so you could make proper rivers, actually this would be very useful towards fixing issues with the map layout.

There are some pretty good mods, and the porn stuff is obviously great, but nothing can really fix the game at its core

Semi-related; when the fuck will Skywind be finished? I have high hopes for that shit.

Don't you fucking lie faggot.

get the HD mod for Diablo

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/

Anything aside from Frostfall and the other stuff that turns it into a fairly decent and comfy survival game?

What kind of Telvanni are you? Have you no sense on ironic pottery?

Just stuff like quest mods and whatever niche bullshit you might be into
The necromancy mods are probably better than the ones you could find for the other games

To be more clear and draw it out more.
In 3 you get off a boat and get to a village where you are sent to a nearby faction-neutral city with most guilds and services and get further quests. This city despite its smaller size is located in a position that will likely more or less be your base of operations for a long time.

Skyrim just changes small details but the formula is more or less the same isn't it?.

I don't think I could play a very rebalanced version of Morrowind, bring on the graphics enhancements but messing with balance at this point seems pointless and unwanted, imho.

ps – where is "Marblivion" or whatever.

It's garbage and it'll never get finished anyways. They want to do full voice acting which either means they will fail miserably at retaining a big part of what made Morrowind so great (massive amount of dialogue) or they just won't be able to finish it or will have to rush it. A lot of the VA they already have is garbage too.

The only reason to by "hyped" for Skywind is to be hyped for when they give up and release all their assets so we can port them into OpenMW.

I might try to play Wizardry 8 with 6ppl party of your choice. I can't stream anything, but I can slowly crawl through the game and report w/ text and pictures instead. Anyone interested?

pretty shitty beginners guide tbh

Depends entirely on your autism and general meem spewing abilities but it could be interesting.

free Daedric?

I'm actually more interested in what you played for a party. Why did you show a picture of the same dwarf 4 times? How is a dwarf monk?

Here's the rest of my first party, all pictured right before final fight. As it was my first playthrough, I did not try any powergaming.
Because this is the only way to show full stats + spells, I guess? She is valkyrie by the way.
Not shown: faerie mage also has Blizzard spell. Not pictured: Vi Domina because she's fucking NPC.
Gadgeteer's inventory, translated into spells: Instant Death, Heal All, Earthquake, Tsunami, Noxious Fumes, Prismic Ray, Hypnotic Lure, Asphyxation.
Bard's inventory, translated into spells: Freeze All, Bless, Heal All, Sleep, Silence, Shrill Sound, Insanity.

The landscape is significantly more grand when you can actually see it.

Never, I hope. A lot of Morrowind's charm came from the mechanics despite the combat, and simply modding Skyrim can't hope to achieve that cRPG feel. It'll be nothing but a Morrowind skin, and will feel hollow and shitty as a result.

You might as well play ESO's expansion pack. It's the same in the end.

The size factor is important. Both Balmora and Whiterun feel comfy and familiar. Cities like Vivec feel massive and strange and foreign, but Balmora is just small enough to be cozy. In a game that constantly reminds you of your status as a filthy foreigner, that's an important factor.

Being against diversity while also wanting other races for slave labor is the kind of hypocritical niggatry I'd expect from the Camonna Tong.

Speaking of which, when will those Skywind fucks be done and dead so we can harvest those assets off of their corpse? Will they even let us or just get butthurt and autistically screech as they delete all their shit?

>skipping Fargoth quest, which gives 400 gold, healing ring, and better deals in the store
If you do all that in addition to step one, you should have a weapon good enough to clear out the cave with no problem, and potions to fall back on. Selling everything but skooma and moon sugar, net you at least 3k gold.

Crap, meant to write items.

I had to come back to that area to pick mushrooms so I went to pick up a spell that will trivialize combat there 1st. Go fuck off.

No clue, we'll either have to wait a couple years for them to give up and release a shitty 1.0 that might as well be unplayable or hopefully instead they'll realize sooner (like maybe around the time OpenMW is dehardcoded) that they can't make anything in Skyrim better than Morrowind.

Oh, you have a different ID from the guy who was trolling me earlier, your suggestions are actually useful and constructive, so you needn't fuck off.

I'd play more Morrowind if it didn't keep crashing all the fucking time.

It's all good, dumpling.

Did you install fan patches and fixes? Running it in administrator mode helped me too, but it still crashes occasionally, but not often enough to be annoying.

What's the point of this birthsign? It barely helps and it's merely an annoyance, I can get the same effects with alchemy (without cheesing it), thus negating the whole 'muh vast magicka reserves'

Its just so that when you want to cast meme tier spells like Train [Spell school] you aren't short on mana
That spell absorption is pretty neat too.

I'm running OpenMW with 430 mods and I have never had the game crash.

Guess I gotta make more meme-tier spells and raise my destruction level then. Weight is not an issue since I'm using this stupid feather 500pts from my edited version of BTB's game (((improvements))) Which is pretty much No Fun Allowed: The Mod
Maybe it's time to snag the Molag Bal's artifact also, I remember that shit absorbed magicka, maybe I'll even tune it up a lil' bit because I remember it had like 20 charges or something.

There is a mine just outside balmora, if you discover it and then go to the haunted manor in vivec you can tell a faggot about it and receive a daedric piece of equipment of your choice. All you need is to be able to unlock a level 50 door.

Damn right it is, can't even make charm spells because then the player could just make them last for 1s and bypass the shitty persuasion system.

It's annoying, really. I had to remove all those stupid enchanting limitations, along with enabling the player to enchant stuff again. The fuck was that guy thinking?
I mean, the game's pretty broken if you cheese it, but come on, that's what Morrowind's about: The whole lot of freedom you have to shape your character into an unstoppable magical murder machine.
Some of his changes are pretty good though, like actually fixing feather and burden and a bunch of AI changes. I didn't use the alchemy (((improvements))) though, felt as if they were too arbitrary (changing what the ingredients do) instead of just tuning up the weight of some stuff and apparatus quality.

I'm interested in these AI changes, I initially wrote the entire mod off when I saw the spellmaking limits but I'll take another look at it now and see if there's anything I want to put into/replicate in

There's some settings that make enemies flee in fear when their health goes below a certain threshold

AI COMBAT GMSTS:fAIFleeFleeMult 1.5 (instead of 0.3)fAIFleeHealthMult 45.0 (instead of 7.0) • Allows NPCs and creatures to flee from combat according to their individual flee settings if their health gets too low (the default settings prevent them from doing so in most cases) DISPOSITION GMSTS:fDispRaceMod 10.0 (instead of 5.0)fDispWeaponDrawn -10.0 (instead of -5.0) • Raises the disposition bonus for members of your own race from 5 to 10 • Raises the disposition penalty for having your weapon drawn from 5 to 10 SECURITY/SNEAK GMSTS:fPickLockMult -1.25 (instead of -1.0)fTrapCostMult -0.5 (instead of 0)fSneakViewMult 2.0 (instead of 1.5)fCombatCriticalStrikeMult 2.5 (instead of 4.0) • Makes locks 25% more difficult to pick • Makes traps more difficult to disarm depending on the spell cost of the trap '''• Significantly decreases your chance to sneak while in view of an NPC''' '''• Does NOT decrease your chance to sneak while not in view of an NPC''' • Reduces the damage done by sneak attacks from 4x the strength of a normal attack to 2.5x

Because 50% spell reduction. Unlike Oblivion, resist magic has no effect on elemental damage, and 100% reflect/spell absorption are harder to do. Also if you're running MCP, spells cast faster than the enforced cooldown on enchanted items. Without MCP you can machinegun things with enchanted items.

Look at this n'wah.

Important part is that it gives you permanent max mana bonus. If you want a godly magic user that wants to annihilate whole cities with one spell, atroanch is hard to beat with it's 2x intelligence bonus to magicka. And unlike many other signs, it remains useful at higher levels.

And if you want to recharge mana, all you need are either potions (which you will end up using any way as a caster) or just conjure ancestral ghost and start punching it. Ghost will hit you with few weak spells that you either absorb or shrug off, and you also get to train combat skills.

Gonna start an Oblivion character, what mods do you guys recommend?

uninstall.exe. Perfectly serious and well meaning suggestion considering you're likely to spend the next week scouring long dead mods and bashing your head against the old wrye bash tier modding.

Hey it only took me an hour and a half but I got vanilla Oblivion to run!

Better Cities and Darnified UI are the only ones I can remember from the last time I modded it. I think there's an Oblivion graphics extender as well, but I don't know if it's any good. You should probably also get the patches for the base game and DLC.

get the "+5 to stats" on level-up so you don't have to care what skills you use while you play. i even looked it up for you.
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42149/?
also kill yourself oblivion sucks

That was it, I forgot the unnoficial patches.
It was getting ridiculous, the last crash happened when I picked up the crab meat on the table from the census office, and poof 'Morrowind.exe has stopped working'

The unofficial patches are:
- Oblivion
- Shivering Isles
- Individual DLC ones

There's also a general load order you want to adhere to with mods. Also special mention to that one hotkey mod that adds additional ones with modifier keys, so you can have more than a piddling 8.

I prefer OblivionXP with a few alterations to make it not retarded (roughly halved boosts, removed health regen garbage, a few other things). Something like GCD would be nicer though.

How long did it take to crash, Oblivion and it's engine are so innately buggy, I remember the game would crash so much on Xbox 360 and on the PC version it would crash when you closed it every time, OpenMW can't come fast enough, soon we will all be saved, every one of us.

Unofficial Patches
Any mod that changes how the levelling system works. The vanilla one is fucking cancer and actually worse than Morrowind
Deadly Reflex because the vanilla combat system is really tedious shit with the AI instablocking after every other attack
Kvatch Rebuild is pretty good too, Same for the mod that opens the cities instead of separating them by loading zones but it might cause some issues with other mods
Stutter Removal is pretty much mandatory
OOO changes the game drastically(for the better imo) so use it if you want.

Is this what schizophrenia looks like?

OK, you're looking for Francesco's, WarCry, OOO and MMM (bashed convergence) for the absolute experience. and good luck you poor sod

Gothic 2 doesn't need mods other than the bug fixes because it's not a shit game.

Kickass's link (not the TPB mirror) is actually:
katcr.co/

Yes, my brother has it, lots of people who put out conspiracy theories have it too.

Once I've started playing for real, it hasn't crashed once. But getting it running, hoh boy…

Cheers for the suggestions lads, I'm a bit scared to add any mods because whenever I do it makes the game crash at startup.

It certainly looks like Kickass in some ways but the sorting system is different, I have my doubts. I did just notice a new Baldur's Gate expansion, is that the one with the tranny or whatever in it?

oblivion sucks but i don't recall is being crash happy

It's the only kickass site with forums, so it must be the one where the mods migrated to.

Don't thank me user. I've seen families destroyed, womenfolk widowed, and men left hollow, broken wretches after attempting to install that pack. Hell, it made me play Skyrim.

This is a lite version but at least it seems like everyshit's still up. wiki.theassimilationlab.com/tescosi/FCOM_Installation_Guide

Take a wild guess.

And you still call that Diablo 1?

I forgot

This bump has been sponsored by faerie sextet.

I never personally saw the appeal in these dungeon crawlers, really. Haven't tried it though, what's there to like about them as opposed to a game like Morrowind?

Dungeon Crawlers predate Morrowind as some of the earliest games available on "a computer" when graphics were drawn by ansi. Arena (Elder Scrolls 1) is really just an continuation of such games, put into 1 "actor" with sprite graphics and "true" graphics, so Morrowind, is really just the grandson of such games.

So I think the draw is partly having played these games "back in the day", but also basically running an entire party though an adventure is quite rewarding, shaping and gearing six guys the way you want. Baldur's Gate and Temple of Elemental Evil are superbly comfortable "more modern" variations of versions of this. Sadly for games made in the last 10 years only Divinity Original Sin comes close to being rewarding to me, Pillars of Eternity being boring at times to push though. Wasteland 2 is fairly good though

Pillars of Eternity is the result of overbalancing. there are "no bad builds" and as a result building a character is meaningless.
You either have a tank or an attacker thanks to the armour system.

S-six faeries?

Tight controls, solid rules, and a good mix of sci fi and fantasy

good threda

It's sad that frostfall is probably more interesting than any vanilla mechanic.

Feels weird they'd just leave this high level shit right here where a low level character can get it easily.

By skyrim's standards yeah but Frostfall itself is pretty flawed not to mention script-dependent.

of course now you have a bounty, also likely the Duke of Morrowind and the Camonna Tong will have something to say about it later. IDK tbh.

Ironically, distant land always made Morrowind feel smaller to me.

It's kinda immersion breaking the fact that you can see the Ghostfence from Balmora

Did most of my kills stealthily, so I only got a bounty of 40 for one assault that happened to be seen. I also have massive stat/skill boosts from vampirism (I'd have used that Oblivion vampire mod but it didn't work so I had to settle for one that just makes vampires not-hated), endgame armor and weapons, and ridiculous potions. Get at me, s'wit, the Cuntmona Tong can suck my dong.

If you got TR it's not nearly as bad, and Morrowind still feels decently large that aside if you ask me. And the world is still genuinely interesting visually and structurally, even if it isn't necessarily the biggest.

I think it adds atmosphere. People just go on with their lives, pushing the thought of how the only thing keeping them safe from an insane demigod that wants to infect them with corpus is a magical force field held up by the waning godlike powers of a bipolar hermaphrodite to the back of their mind.

Today i spent about 4 hours playing the new Baldur's Gate EE with ToSC, SoD and BE2. I got my ass handed to me so many fucking times, being level 1 in ADnD sucks so much ass.

Since I'm an n'wah I have to ask. Does raising endurance over 100 is a wise decision to do?

But morrowind is shit.

I really doubt it matters at all, the game should be able to handle every attribute over 100, not sure how or if it will even effect your health though.

Turns out my multiple monitors was crashing Oblivion.

Worry about 200, not 100.

What rpgs have a well thought out magic system and can actually be broken down to a science in the games lore? Does skyrim talk about its magic in any of those books?

pick one.

Today I have an itch.

3 graphics just for iron pauldrons..

thanks Privateer Hold, You been good to me, several silver and elven spare pieces to sell and I'm headed to DF.

Welp– How about this game? Did anyone ever play Stranger of Sword City by some Japanese dudes with the English port? I found it super fucking hard and grindy but I'm thinking about making a new team and going back into it.

Speaking of Elder Shits, why hasn't TESO gone f2p yet? Is that game actually doing good? I thought it flopped

Skyrim is a pretty shabby RPG, but at least it's a decent adventure game… When you mod it right and completely ignore the plot, that is.
I haven't played the game since perhaps 2012, is frostfall still a buggy mess?

I haven't played Morrowind for centuries. I didn't get far at all. Any "must have" mods or am I ok playing vanilla?

I don't play MMOs, the only MMOs I played were Guild Wars 1 and SWGEmu. I got ESO a few months ago just because it's Elder Scrolls and I really like it. The world is xboxhueg, there's a shitload of content, and the combat and leveling systems are decent. The combat at high levels is the typical MMO hotkey piano playing but there's only 5 skill slots on your hotbar, 10 if you have a second weapon, so you have to pick exactly what skills you need for your build, and there's no cooldowns so combat is more about strategic use of your abilities and stamina/magicka pools than mindlessly spamming buttons. I fucking hate the M1 spamming combat in previous TES games. There's a lot you can do with builds and there's not really any builds that aren't viable, for PvE at least because I don't play PvP at all.

I'm a longtime TES fan and it feels surreal to explore provinces that I'd only heard about in the previous games. It doesn't have the extensive lore and factions of Morrowind but it kind of makes up for it with the exploration and variety of the provinces. Morrowind will always be my favorite TES game and honestly I think vanilla Oblivion and Skyrim are pretty shitty, but ESO is a really nice bridge between Morrowind and the Todd Howard Scrolls. I disliked that the character development in Oblivion and Skyrim was basically gimped and made pointless, but ESO has the kinda MMOified gameplay of TES with good character building and combat.

Also yes it is doing good
venturebeat.com/2016/06/12/the-elder-scrolls-online-has-7-million-players-and-is-removing-level-restrictions/

If you can stomach vanilla graphics then not really, though I highly recommend Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul, it uses sounds from Oblivion and Skyrim to give Morrowind a proper sound system. I suggest MGEXE at least, you could try Morrowind Watercolored for a decent comprehensive texture pack. There's too many mods to list for a complete visual overhaul unless you want to use MGSO which is quite outdated now.

How do i run Arx Fatalis properly? I can run modded F:NV on medium quality on my craptop on normal speeds but Arx Fatalis gets so fucking slow after crossing the first brigde to the first town.

There's a source port called arx libertatis, give that a try
arx-libertatis.org/

As I stated in the OP, I think the game is ok except I like the cute/slutty improved faces mods but as another user pointed out it isn't neccesary, the graphic extender is also ok. Just get the GoG version of it and you will be all set for an enjoyable experience. I wouldn''t switch Morrowind sounds for Skyrim or Oblivion, I like the comfy Morrowind stuff very much. In fact Morrowind is dam near perfect out of box.

I think a minor shitstorm about OpenMW "stealing" shit, or potentially doing so, already went down, because retards don't understand what OpenMW actually is.

So you just rendered the disadvantage of the atronach completely useless because everyone is stuck with it AND you're clashing with the birthsign lore at the same time.
I do not agree with that at all.

Doesn't this birthsign come with magic absorption? Or was that Oblivion/Skyrim or something? Anyways I think that birthsign is shit, pick a race with a a magica bonus like Brenton or Highelf if your want to sling magic.

Atronach gives you double your max magicka and gives you automatic spell absorption with a 50% likelihood. That's insanely powerful, so, as a drawback, you can't regen magicka naturally. However, seems to forget that it's such a trivial drawback to work around that it barely matters. The disadvantage is pretty much useless in the first place.

are you saying?
not regenerating mana "trivial"
poitions, plants, etc don't grow on trees. .. well they do but it's not exactly unlimited. i really would hate that birthsign

But it is.

Potions and plants are fairly easy to acquire, you can always stop by a shrine to regen mana (and your health and stamina), and there are other , more exploitful methods, like summoning a ghost and making it attack you.