Post and Reccomend

ITT: Post games that are among your favorites and recommend games to anons with similar taste.

Fuck off nigger.
Recommending Judge Dredd vs Death

Hey op, you should try out drinking water sometime. You've probably never heard of it but it's actually one of my favorite beverages, I highly recommend it.

try earthbound or SMT nocturne

DMC 4

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Off, maybe Earthbound.

Bayonetta, DMC1, 3, and 4, Marlow Briggs.

If I had to come up with five games for which a recommendation would be utterly pointless, it would be these ones.

Nier:A actually mixes these two well.

Really now? Even Vanquish?

Not that user, but I don't want you to go into NieR: Automata expecting something it really isn't. A better comparison would be Bayonetta or MGR x Touhou.

Try these

I liked Gladius for the TRPG part of it, not necessarily the gladiators. It was more of a fantasy world anyway.

I'm just finding it hard to believe Cavia can even do decent gameplay.

If you're talking about roman games, try Shadow of Rome on the PS2 or pirate Ryse and lament how a game can be so schizophrenic with its decisions it feels like 1/4th a decent game and 3/4ths a shit one.

Ah, then scratch the two middle games than. They're Fighting/RPG hybrids

I also really liked the TRPG-with-action-commands thing it had going.
Please tell me there's at least one game on pc that did the same thing

If it helps any, here's some other games I like.

Cavia didn't work on NieR: Automata. It's Platinum Games, with the main person that worked on MGR's combat directing the combat in it.

Pangya is korean. Korean games are garbo, skip it.

I still need to finish a dwarf and amazon playthrough.

How's Lacrimosa?
Also I'd recommend God Eater but that's pretty much the only game in that genre I've played so MH or Soul Sacrafice might be better.
Patapon's one of a kind, sorry.

8 is like Celceta but you follow behind the character in 3rd person. Map is much bigger. 1 hub town and there's missions. That's it.

Much better than Ys 7 and MoC. Jumping makes combat a bit more interesting now since larger enemies have weak spots that you might need to jump to hit, and it also makes exploration a hell of a lot better since they could design areas differently. It's probably my favorite in the series.

Have you played it?

In other words, singleplayer RTTs.

Thank you. I'm sorry I wasn't able to recommend much to you.

I preorded it and got in the day it came out and beat it. I have much more experience with imports and games from falcom than you, I didn't find it impressive.

help

How pretentious. God forbid you aren't the only one that imports shit, let alone pre-orders imports.

Seriously, don't make asinine statements like that.

I love WiC and play it every now and then. It's a shame though trying to get it to work is always a bitch due to the problems with dx10 and not working on windows 7

Does it take a sustained effort to be this much of a faggot or does it come naturally?

It's all because of Bannon

I love how he immediately assumed, on an anobymous imageboard, that he imported more shit or was a bigger Falcom fan or some shit.

What a pretentious faggot.

I get this way by reading the posts in the falcom thread. Speaking of which why don't you go back there.

I've never been there, but it sounds like you think you're the gorilla dick nigger of the the Falcom community and I'm just here to laugh at your autism.

Have you ever played Shadow of Rome for ps2, or Spartan: Total Warrior for ps2?

Oh I forgot, there was something I wanted to ask about Lacrimosa.
How does the skill leveling work in that? As much as I liked having skills level up with various effects other than "more damage" I really disliked having to spam a specific skill over and over again hundreds of times to get it leveled up in seven(Not sure how it works in celceta because I've yet to play that)

I've been playing a lot of games like this lately. Turn-based, action points, that kind of stuff. Looking for more like it, preferably party-based, and preferably not random gear like Divinity. I have played X-Com, Fallout 1 & 2, and Arcanum as well.

Mario and Luigi series has similar turn-based with action prompts combat, albeit button prompts are usually just related to timing for pressing A or B (as opposed to moving a non existent analog stick in a certain fashion, button combos, etc), and you don't exactly have original characters as partners like Paper Mario. Still pretty damn fun though, with similarly humorous writing.

I'll admit that as of now, Superstar Saga is the only Mario and Luigi I've had experience with, while I've played PM64, TTYD, and SPM as far as Paper Mario is concerned, so take that as you will. Superstar Saga is a great game on the whole though.

What's the second game in the image with Scarlet Grace and that Legend of Heroes OST?

Underage out.

You can leave anytime.

Dragonfall

I played some Sly Cooper a long time ago, and remember having some fun with it, but got bored with time, I can't exactly remember why. Is it worth getting back to it?
Overall I really like platformers

The only instance of an RPG/Sports genre mix that worked so amazingly well. It's a shame this concept was never used again.

Stranger of Sword City: Revisited.

Sly 2 and 3 were the pinnacle of the franchise.
Sly 4 was ok

whoa dude never heard of these

Incubation: Time Is Running Out
Temple of Elemental Evil
Knights of the Chalice
Dark Sun: Shattered Lands

Don't buy into the indie games meme. There's probably a reason you never heard of the trash OP posted.