Tales Games

There's so many different games that start with 'Tales of' from many different companies. Which games are the best though?

Let's figure it out together.

Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia(AKA Destiny II in the west), and Vesperia are my favorites, though as you can probably tell, I have a strong bias for the 2D games.

What about Vesperia? Have you played that?

Wiat nvm. How was it?

Vesperia is good

Vesperia is a good place to start for modern Tales games. Eternia/Destiny 2 if you want to play classic.

As for the best? Vesperia or Abyss.

How good is the vita version of Hearts? I didn't really like the DS version

Symphonia hasn't been babby's first Tales game in almost a decade. All the kids start with Vesperia or Xillia these days.

I've been playing Hearts R, and I'm really liking how much it feels more like a Symphonia-era game than any of the other post graces games, but I'm not sure I am seeing what qualifies it as god tier.

Yeah my first game was Vesperia. I did go back to Symphonia later.

That's actually possible you know. Games don't just disappear (well not from the 5th gen on anyway). They'll always be around for someone to discover.

DEMON FANG

I personally loved it, but I can understand others not having much fun with it. Anyways, Hearts DS and Hearts R are completely different gameplay-wise beyond simply the switch from 2D to 3D. Hearts DS is more Team Destiny-inspired (essentially Destiny PS2's spammy cousin) while Hearts R is more Team Symphonia-inspired (almost Xilia-like, but with sillier combos). Hearts R's big selling point is its combo system, encouraging its Chase mode to do giant combos without worrying about TP or cast times, and also tossing in Guard Counters to make combos outside of Chase still possible and not stupid. If you like flashiness and long aerial combos, then Hearts R is a good game for you.

Vesperia is meh. It must be Nostalgia. I played the PS3 version years after the initial release and wasn't that impressed by it.

Lots of children in this thread who haven't played any games prior to ps2 i see

Nah dude

I'm loving Berseria.

Symphonia is the FF7 of the Tales series is a more correct statement.

me too, i really like Velvet's therion mode.

Also Magilou best girl.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about the Xillia duology.

Tales of Games is the best game company OP, you should play some of their vidcons right now !

I bet she fucks like a tiger.

I regret not springing for the Cyberdwarf daki.

Velvet is fun, I've mainly been using Eleanor lately though.

Therion form is OP as shit. It makes you immune to everything, so you can just spam combo and ignore all enemy attacks as long as you can keep your souls up.

If not for Therion though Velvet would be pretty ass. Her attacks don't chain very well, most of them have backwards movement for some reason which just ends up putting her further away from the target. Eleanor seems to be MUCH better in that regard, but I never really put too much effort into learning anyone else because of how OP Therion was.

Honestly nobodies attacks seem to chain well.
Rokuro jumps all over the place and is highly likely to whiff an attack or two
Eizen doesn't jump as much as Rokuro, but he's slow and thus an enemy is most likely to counter him in-between attacks
Eleanor works well for small enemies, but when you fight a boss who isn't going to move when she pulls it's going to leave Eleanor creating too much distance with certain attacks.