Falcom Thread

NIHON FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Xanadu, Brandish, etc) thread

Don't forget to support their games and spoiler the spoilers!
Be wary of YS 8 though, that's being handled by NISA

-Trails of Cold Steel 3 is on track for a Japan release in Fall 2017, confirmed PS4 exclusive.
-Trails in the Sky the 3rd editing is done with QA in progress. Spring 2017 Western release still hopeful.
-Zero no Kiseki fan translation has entered the editing phase. This is for both the PSP and PC port. The translator is currently working on Ao no Kiseki.
-The PS4 version of Ys VIII also planned for release by Fall 2017, localized by NISA. If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed(they're upset about it too), and do so with good Japanese grammar. Jap demo gets released March 24th.
-Ys Origin for Vita delayed to May 30/31, 2017. Only NA get PS4/Vita version, while all territories get PC version.
-Tokyo Xanadu coming to the west in 2017 from Aksys Games. The Vita version will be vanilla, and coming June 30th, 2017, while the PS4/PC version will be ex+, coming "late 2017", thought Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed.
- XSEED preparing 7 games for PC steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/
- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind (end of the 9th paragraph)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Don't forget to support their games!

Again, be wary of YS 8, as much as it pains me to say.

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgfan.com/news/2017/6018.html
twitter.com/BoFGames/status/300431222117650434
m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=763697&page=100000
youtube.com/watch?v=r4Ssid5q1r8
youtube.com/watch?v=ahUDbdhLQCQ
kamikouryaku.com/ys8/
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12365.140
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/845432967065317376
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/845444200359378944
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization
store.steampowered.com/app/436670/
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/850393444774170627
twitch.tv/xseed_games
twitter.com/attackslug/status/851545635673210881
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Trails of Cold Steel is pretty much fully playable on rpcs3 now.

What are the remaining issues?

Mainly the performance.
There are a few effects that are not rendered correctly and you have only one savegame.

Not like the PC version doesn't have its fair share of performance issues.

I meant PS3. Likely the Vita version as well.

What I meant is, that you need a powerful CPU to run the game at an acceptable speed.
I've got an i5-3570K and I get about 3-8fps. The game has some tolerance for low fps though and runs only slightly slower than normal speed. There is a lot of stuttering though.

By the way I just noticed, that my screenshot actually contains most of the graphical glitches I noticed. One is the "shadow" on the floor. The other is the shining effect of the lights, which is extremely pixelated.

You know I've seen fan translations stuck in the "editing" phase for years. So yeah no expectations.

Zero never.

I recently just gave up and imported Zero and Ao to play in Chinese.

Hell, if I don't come out of this knowing perfect chink then I never will.

Why the hell would you want to learn Chinese? :^)

My chink is better than my japanese. Mistakes were made.

What's the skill system in Lacrimosa like? As much as I like seven with how abilities can "evolve" over time I really hate how it's based on how many times the ability was not used and not on damage dealt or enemies killed with it.

It's number of times used with accessories that can increase the SP you can get.

Trails in English, whether officially released or otherwise, has always been a labor of love. Let's not forget the sheer amount of text to go through, without getting paid. I give them six more months before I really start giving up hope.

Oh I think we'll get Zero, because it's basically done and all they need to do is change the direct translate text to XSeed style text. Ao, though…it would be a miracle if we got Ao.

not sp like the blue meter you use to use skills but your skill exp

They are already working on Ao.

She said the translator "started working on Ao." To me that statement means nothing because I feel like anyone can start diving into the insane amount of work a kiseki game would entail and eventually end up breaking down and stopping. Until I actually see tangible evidence of said work, I'm going to be very wary. Zero I buy ( though I'm a little nervous now that the Geofront site has been up for over a month and there hasn't been a single update, let alone screenshots of the translation), but I will believe Ao when I see it.

Let's just hope nobody ends up depressed and attempts to commit suicide.

Fuck CS III, most of us won't play that until who knows when. You are also over-worrying about Azure when its translation has barely started.

We have another Trails game coming in a few months and that's what matters right now.

From what I played from the 3rd, the new characters are pretty much 10/10

This is why you'll never make Enforcer.

I want to fuck CS III pretty hard, to be honest.
So? Does that mean we can't speculate about CS III? Don't go tunnel vision now.

After Lacrimosa of Dana, I have nothing but the highest expectations for CS3. I hope they pull off the "Persona life-sim" flip of being a teach well.

I'm gonna be disappointed if it's not next month, to be honest.

Why do you make up shit I didn't say?

I think I just realized I don't like Ys that much. I was really trying to deny it but out of the Ys games I played I only really liked the remake of the first two. By the end of Origin I was pretty sick of the game, and I don't care enough to beat Oath.

Maybe I need to get into Trails.

The BoFGames Twatter claims that the Zwei!! II+ translation will be released sometime this month. This is the same group that took two years off at "99%", though.

Try Nayuta no Kiseki, it is pretty great.

But… what about Zwei!! ?

user, you might not realize it, but the wording you chose to us means you said exactly that.

Played, beat and loved. 10/10 soundtrack.

Ys VIII is gonna get a Japanese demo on PS4.

rpgfan.com/news/2017/6018.html

twitter.com/BoFGames/status/300431222117650434
Are you talking about this tweet from 2013?

That's in the OP.

Try out Ys Seven, there's a chance you might like that gameplay style. The music is lit.

m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=763697&page=100000

Sorry for linking to neofag but Xseed uses that site often. I found this

"We'll be putting out another text update next month, even. Nothing major, but it's a couple of minor things discovered while working on the 3rd that's I'd like to properly backport into previous games rather than leave as is, as well as one major terminology that's been bugging me for years now. All of these changes will obviously not affect new players since they're playing with those changes in from the start, but for longtime players, they will be documented in a blog for their reference.

Short version: we're dorks and talk about how we'd like to tweak and improve things pretty much all the time, then we just kinda go, "Why not?" and do it. I think that's how the recent "Skip S-Craft" function from Sara came out. Boy, is that ever a godsend."

So Xseed is still supporting a game that has been out for years. And they actually give a shit about the series. As an atheist I pray that NISA never gets their hands on TitS.

Does anyone know where to find the Saturn rom of Xanadu?

That's true love for your job. It's not just a bottom line, it's something they enjoy and want others to enjoy as well. We don't have that much in the industry anymore.

>suddenly dragons
Dude, what?

>he didn't see the mechs coming
>he didn't see the dragons coming
>he won't see the vampires coming

What if Adol was a spearman?

Sorry I clicked new reply to check if I needed to refill captcha

But imagine Adol as a spearman, instead of the lunge attack you get a polearm vault, maybe attacks that let you impale shit, longer reach, a bit of martial arts for blunt attacking, etc.

Jesus

Just you wait. You haven't hit the tip of the iceburg yet.

He'd be Geis.

Can anyone explain to me the appeal of Mishy?

What the fuck dude?

So some people datamined the CSIII site and found some damn interesting names for upcoming reveals.

RANDY

AND TITA

Geis is a faggot.

Laura is mai waifu

Geis is a QT and did literally nothing wrong. Shame that Frieda is more alpha than he is.

Will Altina be taller than her at this point?

I'm pretty sure Altina and Millium won't get taller, but if you take some of the things Millium says as truth, they'll become curvier.

Which will Falcom release first, a remake of Lost Kefin or a game where Adol finally goes to Romn and has Griselda as a party member?

So anyone here double-dipping with Tokyo Xanadu on Vita and PS4/PC?

If the translation gets combined with the Jap game dump fast enough so I can play it without updating.

Fucking hell Japan could you give anime girls/women appropriate body types for once? It's just as bad as having Aras be 14-18 years old.

Sage for ranting.

I'm probably going to just get the PC version provided it isn't a shit port.

Funny thing, CS II seems to perform way better on the PS3 emulator than CS I. Either way, can't wait to play it soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=r4Ssid5q1r8

youtube.com/watch?v=ahUDbdhLQCQ

And Herschel would be 21 for CS3, right?

Right, and all of Class VII( except Fie, Millium, and Crow) will be twenty. Rean will be the second oldest Protagonist since Kevin.

Geis is old and busted. Let's talk about the best boy in all of Ys instead.

HUMMEL THE TRANSPORTER
bio: hummel was born with a special power. he was stronger than all the other people on Seiren Island. he served in the mafia for rom and in the final battel against adol they were fighting and adol turned him to the eldeen and hummel turned against dana and killed her. he got a hat in that battle which is why he has a hat, pls stop PMing me askin me why thats why. also earings arent gurly fuck you darkfukt663 everyone knos your a fuckin black pearl scammer fagot

It's like you're gay or some shit, user. Look at those sweet faces. I bet you wouldn't even hold their hands and then take responsibility after a night of passionate missionary.

>implying Towa wouldn't take command of your dick and do all the work
She's not the Student Council President and Captain for nothing. She likes taking the lead. Have you been paying attention at all?

lol only missing an egg reference though

Anyway, regarding of what you asked here >>12198275: Ys VIII makes it clear that they've already put some thought into the topic and have plans in store for an Ys V remake, mostly because Ys VIII takes place right after V in the timeline and Falcom makes sure that you know it while playing it. Without spoiling anything from the plot, here are the highlights:

- Ys VIII begins immediately after the events of Ys V with Adol and Dogi leaving Xandria. Adol starts Ys VIII with the plot-relevant sword from V, which means that not only is this a nice callback, but they put a lot of effort into modeling a detailed version of that weapon.
- If you've played V you probably noticed that I said Adol *and Dogi* leave Xandria. That's a major change from the game as it exists which means they've got definite plans for alterations to the existing storyline. This probably includes things from the original draft of the story which did include Dogi, plus tying into Felghana by showing us Adol and Dogi's reunion and who knows what else they'll change or add. But the fact that they set VIII at that exact time when they had three whole years between V and VI they could have put the game really puts emphasis on Xandria as something they're thinking about.
- An NPC who's followed Adol's exploits name-drops his adventures in Esteria, Celceta and Felghana. After doing that, they place extra emphasis on having heard that Adol was just in the Xandria region. Again, they couldn't be more obvious that they're planning on a remake than if they put up neon signs.

Now, they also dropped just as many hints for a future game that takes place in Romn, but I think they're going to want to let that one simmer just a bit longer. I also have a suspicion that they're going to further develop something VIII raised in a remake of V (which they'll want to cover before tackling Romn), but that's just my speculation. Feels like they were preparing for future games with some of the stuff they introduced here.

I doubt when it comes to loving sex Towa would take charge. She has a hard enough time as it is with head pats.

It's just a peeve of mine with anime and Japanese vidya in general. And if I'm going to be doing any hand holding and taking responsibility after a night of passionate missionary with any character from the CS series, it would be with pic related.

THE SERIAL HEADPATTER HAS MET HIS MATCH!

Ys VIII PS4 demo is out

neat

The demo was fun. Pressed a lot of wrong buttons because I came out of Nier Automata though.

How did that turn out? Apparently it and Horizon: ZD are finally building the PS4 a decent library.

Automata? Absolutely fantastic. Has a few problems (small framerate drops, some repetitiveness when achieving ending B, slightly underutilized characters etc) but overall an amazing game. It's probably one of my favourites now. Smooth, responsive combat (plus the mixture of genres like the first Nier) mixed with heartstring-pulling story that just gets better the more you play the game. Neither was compromised and I'm glad.

Yeah, no. It's boring and half assed schlock and shouldn't even be put in the same sentence as Automata unless Zero Dawn is meant to be utterly shat on.

Let's talk about the new Dana styles.

Kill Aryan Dana
Marry Normal Blue Dana
Fuck Delicious Brown Dana

Plus the soundtrack…

it's like a 6/10 if you're craving a 6/10 open world dodge roll game. I think I'll play it far in the future if there's a serious drought or something. As it is, Yakuza 0, Odinsphere, Bloodborne, Nier Automata, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2 are the games to get right now.

I have a very important question.
Who was the bigger badass, Adol Christin or Saul Tovah?

inb4 Josep answers Ares

keep the discord autism out of this thread

Oh, Gravity Rush 2 turned out good? Great. I'll have to pick it up.

I liked Gravity Rush 2 a lot myself. Great game.

Falcom Gakuen confirmed that Ares is the strongest Falcom character. Eat shit, user.

Not arguing about that, just poking fun at a faggot from the Nihon-Falcom discord chat since he was namedropping the guy that owns the Falcom Music Channel on YouTube.

Oh, you mean Steven? Anyway, I was just kidding as well.

That guy would be me.

Anyone here also thinks that Falcom is pushing a lot that they are hiring people? I guess they really need to go +50 employees, specially since they jumped to the PS4.

So, how was dat Ys VIII PS4 demo? Tried Inferno yet?

It looks and runs great, but it's honestly surprising how well the Vita release seems to hold up.

That brandish cover is amazing to look at.

Sadly I'm on a trip to Dublin, so I haven't been able to try it as much as I wanted. All can say is it looks fucking gorgeous and runs very smoothly. Also no Domination Battles, which means I can't rip the new track from Falcom's video.

And yeah, the Vita version turned out surprisingly well. Looks like importing it at launch was the right decision

I've never been happier about importing a video game than the exact moment that Kondo popped up on video during NISA's press conference.

I asked in a previous thread about the PAL patch for Cold Steel 1 and apparently the disc was already prepatched since it didnt crash when saving on the train in chapter 2. Surprising that NISA even bothered.

Brown and Aryan should switch haircolours. That's about it.

But damn. I'm liking those styles.

Game's perfectly playable without any knowledge of jap anyway. I just use this kamikouryaku.com/ys8/ and gooogle translate.

Yes, the soundtrack is probably one of the best I've heard.

Schlamming Zone: jungle of chad.

Should I throw my money buying those Ys games on sale on PSN or just pirate them?

Do you want to give XSeed money? If so, purchase. If not, pirate.

*XSeed and Falcom

I'm guessing Trails Sky Chapter Three isn't out yet?

Why don't you check yourself if TitS "Chapter Three" is out?

Sorry, won't bump these threads any more with useless questions.

It's called "the 3rd", and no, not in the West anyway.

Remember when they were going to finish by the end of last year

What's this referring to?

Just finished Trails FC. I'm having withdrawals. I want to start SC, but I think it might consume my life. I also want to play it in 日本語 (I hate XSEED with the power of a thousand suns) but my nipponese sucks and I think I would end up annoyed at my lack of vocabulary…

For you guys that liked FC, how does it compare to Disgaea or Agarest?

And/or should I get into Atelier? If so, where should I start?

google exists :^) romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12365.140

The Trails games have pretty much nothing in common with either Disgaea, Agarest or Atelier. Disgaea is a leveling simulator, Agarest is a party formation simulator, Atelier is a crafting simulator. Just pick your favorite flavor of autism.

Here's more TitS the 3rd bugs. I appreciate XSeed for posting these.

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/845432967065317376

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/845444200359378944

Meanwhile Trails is a generic JRPG boarding on RPG-Maker level. That's not to say that there isn't some quality stuff going into it, just that the style is 100% standard.

???

Nightwolve, maybe?

Anyway, anons who played it, sell me on Brandish. What's it like?

Action dungeon crawler where you always face upwards. If you turn right or left, the screen rotates, not your character. This was originally done with sprites and was very silly. You and explore and map an ancient city, fight monsters, jump over traps, smash walls with hammers and get chased by a busty sorceress.

I found Master Kong again after the quest, do I just have to bring him another ripe mango to do the solo fights with each character?

That sounds kind of disorienting. I'm a little leery though, so I'll find an iso and go from there, thanks.

Goddamnit. When Dana joins she should bring the damn the jump feather.

Replaying CS2, I wish they didn't make the Noble Alliance as obviously the bad guys as they are. I kind of wish Class VII fell on different sides of the issue, maybe something like:

Jusis, Laura, and Crow being pro NA.
Machias, Elliot, and Millium being pro-IA.
And Emma, Gaius, Alisa, Fie, and Rean being neutral, though Rean could start pro-NA as a way to gain favor with the nobility for the Schwarzer family.

I would've liked to have seen some internal conflict with the Class and how that would've resolved. I'd also prefer the Nobility having a more sympathetic cause and having the issue be a bit more grey than how it's presented. I think that would've greatly increased the impact of the story and better demonstrated the friendship Class VII developed.

Yeah, it was pretty shitty how the game was like "Let's choose a third side but exclusively help the army anyway ;)"

It really cheapened the issue.

Again, it stems from the fact that the NA's mason cause seems to be a major grab for power in response to Osbourne's shark-like approach to policy rubbing the nobles the wrong way and his influence with the Emperor. Plus their haughty asshole behavior towards the commoners doesn't help. It's "putting the little people in their place".

There's also how Class VII's main goal is to return school. To bring back their school days as they were, they need to restore the status quo. The best way to do that would be to help the Imperial Army restore order. It's a really fixed situation.

I think it would've been better if the conflict were more like this: The Reformists trying to de-power the Nobility and take their holdings because they find Nobility an outdated system that divides the people, and the NA fighting for the land their families have owned and protected for generations and their right to rule them. The War would start as a violent protest of the NA against some extreme proposal from Osbourne. You have a good mix of good intentioned and power hungry asshats on both sides and I think we have a good, complicated conflict.

It's even worse when you realize their leaders intended for them to lose the entire time. They essentially tricked the nobles into hanging themselves.

heil

This was entirely the result of Osborne and Rufus playing them like a damn fiddle. It's also how they won all those easy "victories." In the end, Cold Steel II's story is pretty much entirely pointless save for setting up just how hard Osbourne won. Because, well…there's still another game and that's going to be the one where stuff actually happens that we didn't already know about.

Nice

The PS3 emulator works now for Cold Steel I & II

Trails FC and SC were 2004 games also try to make games like that in RPG maker faggot.

I'm right before the final boss of Lacrimosa of Dana, it's definitely my favorite falcom game since Nayuta no Kiseki. The interception battles are really fun and the fishing minigame is good as well, pretty much ToCS's but you can use it anywhere.

Just another day in the life of Adol Cristin

I want NeoGaf to leave

i love Ys music

Lacrimosa of Dana has granny Laura
Truly the most diverse array of waifus

4K DANAS

Whoa mate, that's a hell of an exaggeration. If you want to see a pointless story, look up Mass Effect 2. Cold Steel II is far from that.

I didn't say the game itself was pointless, I meant what Class VII did in the game was.

Just start SC m8!

I played them back to back and THAT'S when I felt empty after I was done. I can't say it's superior to the first since it has too much same boss battles to my tastes, but it's one of the few JRPG where I've felt powerless until the time has come to wreck shit. I don't remember playing games with such a well-designed curve for growing as a player and leveling as with Tits. You always have the option, akin to FFX, to grind specials to launch at the start of a fight but it feels so much better if you don't.

I'd try Cold Steel but the graphic style really puts me off.

At least they stopped part of the Deus System Septerion from absorbing everyone's life forces.

True, The Vermilion Apocalypse was the only part of the whole thing that wasn't to plan.

That depends on who's plan. It was Cayenne's plan to activate it.

Class VII provided important support to the Imperial Army, without which they wouldn't have succeeded as handily as they did. They shut down the jammer and pushed the NA out of Nord. They deposed Marquis Rogner's brother from his position as acting leader of the Reinford Corp. and supported Angelica's fight against her father. It's unknown what would've happened if Vulcan didn't just want to attempt suicide by Rean and went about beating down Angelica and and angry Marquis upset at his interference. They arrested Duke Albarea. They liberated Trista. They freed the Imperial family from the Villa. Not all by themselves' but their support was meaningful.

You could argue Rufus just let them have all that. Then I'd argue they gave him the perfect excuse for why they suddenly start losing in the East. So they were still in essence necessary.

They're just as fun as FC and SC while also giving more to make battles a bit more complex. Only a bit, though.

I think he means the more animesque style. Also the jump from sprites to 3-D models.

The next dengeki issue will have some Sen3 info. What're you all hopin to see?

More of Class VII's models. Particularly Laura and Fie.

I want to see Emma (if for her assets alone) too.

I want to see what the royals look like.

I wonder how much Alfin has grown…

Has Olivert's defeat made him lose control of his life?

is Cedric still a shota?

Also on the Emma train, hoping she decides to ditch the glasses and wear her hair untied

I wouldn't be opposed, but the side of me that finds glasses cute on girls with proper facial structure would be disappointed.
My heart wouldn't last long.
I'm hoping to see legacy characters and how they look now, but understand if they want to show Class VII. I'm also hoping they talk about some of the changes they've done to the gameplay no matter how small it is.

Okay, I could probably live with the glasses, especially if they make "Contact Lenses" again.
But she was goddamn BEAUTIFUL with her hair down. The moment I got her in my second run of CS2, she got Contact Lenses and Stage Attire.

I put her in contact lenses after the bonding event where she and Rean talk about it. It's the only bonding event I can remember that actually has a dialogue prompt. I was kind of surprised she didn't take her glasses off when I said that in the scene, so I gave her the lenses to make it look like character development. It worked because after that scene she never interacts with her glasses again, so you never get those funny moments where they appear if you happened to be using the lenses beforehand.

I can't speak to the rest but Olivert's probably reached full Just with all of Osbourne's victories between games.

Enough that we don't get to see her "debut into high society," or Elise's for that matter. They made such a big deal talking about that in the first one, then decide to timeskip enough between 2 and 3 to completely jump over it.

Damn now I want fanart of him with the Frasier-cut. That or him making pudding at 4am in the morning.

Seems pretty safe to say that The 3rd won't be released until at least May so it's not in competition with Persona 5 for JRPG coverage.

I wasn't going to assume they were dumb enough to try to compete with P5 anyway.

I can't wait to compare it to SC with the 1/5th of players the first game has. If 3rd follows the same trend it will have max 800 sales, about the same as Xanadu Next. You know that's going to happen.

I was actually kind of worried they'd be like

But, it seems like that's not happening here. Good for them, they haven't lost hope.

I'm going to start using that now.

Yeah it's clear Falcom is just doing these games because they love them since God knows it doesn't put food on the table.

I lost my respect for the gaming community years ago.

XSeed. Falcom is getting plenty of dosh from their games. XSeed employees probably need to share apartments to make due.

Wasn't Lacrimosa of Dana their biggest release in a long time?

I don't know what you mean by this. CS II was 2014, TX 2015 and Ys 8 2016, CS III is 2017.

Nostradamus here:

>get event where you can only spend time with one person like the dance from CS1 and visiting the dorm in CS2
>Rean's ogre form makes a final bid for control and the two duke it out in his mind
>Rean nearly prevails on his own but then Ogre form pulls the usual "I was holding back" card
>before Ogre delivers the final strike, it gets forced back by whatever character you previously spent the event with
>They encourage Rean not to give and fight Ogre Rean together
>When they win and Rean wakes up, its in that character's arms

Screenshot my words, this scene will happen.

I wouldnt be mad if that happened because I kinda like dumb clichés like that. It wouldnt top Estelle and Joshua holding each other in their arms as they plummet to their deaths only to have Cassius come in on the dragon and save them but I doubt anything could top that.

Trails is very cliche, but it knows how to use them well like any good writer does. I like to think when that shitposter called Trails a generic JRPG, he meant that in a similar way to what I mean. There's not much revolutionary in Trails, but it does what it does very well.

I'm replaying TiTS:FC. In the clocktower scene in chapter one, Schera says that Lena's protection is "equal to the Goddess'." Bam.

Are we back/

no

Back to the world where one of the very best ys games had to be translated by NISA? Hell yeah!!

Just wait until their translation of "Legendary Heroes: Zero Trails EXTREME"

Goddammit the world line was supposed to shift.

Famitsu‘s most wanted games chart:

All votes were cast between March 16 and March 22.

1. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI – 933 votes
2. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 750 votes
3. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI – 650 votes
4. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 440 votes
5. [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes – 411 votes
6. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 390 votes
7. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 332 votes
8. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 330 votes
9. [3DS] The Alliance Alive – 318 votes
10. [PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – 315 votes
11. [PS4] Tekken 7 – 262 votes
12. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III – 244 votes
13. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 199 votes
14. [PS4] New Hot Shots Golf – 193 votes
15. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI – 170 votes
16. [3DS] The Snack World – 167 votes
17. [3DS] Pikmin – 162 votes
18. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport – 158 votes
19. [PS4] Ace Combat 7 – 156 votes
20. [NSW] Arms – 149 votes
21. [3DS] Pro Yakyuu Famista Climax – 133 votes
22. [PS4] Ys VIII – 130 votes
23. [3DS] Lady Layton – 119 votes
24. [PS4] Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories – 111 votes
25. [NSW] Ultra Street Fighter II – 104 votes
26. [PSV] Dungeon Travelers 2-2 – 98 votes
27. [PS4] Earth Defense Force 5 – 94 votes
28. [PS4] God Wars – 91 votes
29. [PSV] Gun Gun Pixies – 89 votes
30. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X – 86 votes

Number 12 isn't bad for a niche series.

Will PSP and Vitafags ever get over the barrier that it's fucking 2017 and they are asking for a PSP release? Will they?

Kiseki isn't that niche on japan, honestly.

At final boss fight of TiTS FC and game is glitching out. Won't play the majority of battle animations and only some show the effect. Joshua's S-Break still works so I might just power through.

What are the best end stage falcom themes?

Lacrimosa of Dana's which is just the main theme of the game, as you march towards the holy tree dragonhorse.

I started the Gagharv games send help.

You don't get help until you're playing untranslated versions of Drasle Family.

Sightings of worst girl.

Maybe it'll be an unvoiced role… .

Angelica isn't in that image.

epic

Looks like Bardias, LeGuinn and Green Hair are going to be featured next in the Falcom magazine.

Also another preview of the Sen III Art Book. People are hotly arguing whether the girl on the right is Vivi or not. I've seen one person say the ending kanna is wrong, but I don't have a shot of Vivi's name in Japanese.

cute either way :^)

Any chance of a Nothing Personnel trilogy PC port?

Seems unlikely, since falcom is so small and it'll take a lot of work to port from the ps3/4. You can emulate the first two now, or so I heard.

One user was saying the PS3 emulator works with Cold Steel pretty well.

But CSIII? Probably not much chance.

Maybe when NISA translate CS3 :^)

Is it KeA?

Would be appropriate for my situation actually.

No. It's her.

I know. Is that KeA?

KeA's hair is closer to green-blond, not nearly as vivid as that. Also way longer, in a different style and she looks like five years too old to be her.

CS I & II are easy as fuck to port to PC thanks to its engine.

So what are the odds that we get a release date for 3rd during the stream tomorrow?

Pulling a figure out of the air? 40%.

back in my day, these shill threads were deleted

"coming Summer 2017"

But XSEED have already finished a translation why would Falcom give it to Nisa? Nisa will get Zero.

The Jews, or their Master, Angelica.

Anyone got a non-ants version of pic 2?

*pic 3, i mean

No, but I have these. I saved one of them twice, not sure if there are differences.

see image

I didn't make the images don't call me names :^^)

The 3rd has been getting a HUGE number of updates in the last weeks in the Steam Database. That means the actual release is closer than what it looks like. No, I'm not saying it will be released tomorrow or next week, just "actually soon".

xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization

OH SHIT

Was a pretty good read. Nice seeing the process they're going through with it all. Mysterious Boy sure doesn't seem mysterious since Cold Steel and all, but what are ya gonna do?

Ys 8 when
Just finishing 7 and starting Celceta soon(tm), I want to know if I'll have a while to cool off after Celceta because I've been marathoning the entire modern remake series.
Man I hope Celceta's as good as Dawn of Ys.

Celceta is better than Seven, and Dana blows them both out of the water. If you really want to play it, just get the jap version and use google translate and this guide.
kamikouryaku.com/ys8/

Then you can re-play it on hard with the added stuff when it comes west legit.

It's not that I want to play it now, I want to play it after a while because I don't want to burn out halfway through dana.

Sky the 3rd confirmed for May 3rd release!

store.steampowered.com/app/436670/

THE 3RD FOR MAY 3

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/850393444774170627

COLD STEEL COMING TO PC

Day one GOG buy for 3rd, guess I'll double dip on Cold Steel as well since I haven't booted up my PS3 in ages.

God bless xseed. Voicing 5000 new lines doesn't sound cheap.

Meanwhile Nisa is just in for the money

WEW

Sean Chiplock has been voicing those lines by fan request for a while.

Not wanting to buy it and giving money to NISA and being a lazy fuck and not importing it from America fucking paid off in the end

This has nothing to do with Nisa, autist.

PRAISE HITLER.

In Europe Cold Steel 1 & 2 were published by NISA

What's your point, retard? Nisa has nothing to do with the PC release.

So I'm on my second run through of SC, last time I went with Agate, this time I went with Schera and Jesus Christ she is a fucking whore. Been in the party for less than an hour and she already offered to get gangbanged by teenagers and flashed her tits at another.

is your reading comprehension really this shit

Speaking of lewd, does Mueller actually violently pound Olivier's royal BP or is that just a front?

They have the source code and are doing the porting in-house. With console games they depend on the developer to make the needed changes.

NISA published the console versions of Cold Steel on Europe and that's it. They have nothing to do with the PC ports and XSEED will distribute them digitally on Europe as well. NISA won't be getting any money from you as long as you buy this or the PS3/Vita NTSC versions.

Those lines in particular will probably STILL be unvoiced, with our luck.

All we have is that Oliver at least teases him and Muller puts up with/does at least seem to know Oliver pretty well. As for whether or not he's actually being series, no clue.

Yeah, and what user was saying was that he hadn't bought it yet because he didn't want to give NISA money and now he doesn't have to.

Does anyone still have the JP voices patch/files for Trails SC? I need it.

God damn Brittany is stacked. 9/10 would fuck.

Dem hatsuus

2000 new voiced lines for Rean, Muelle will get more as well, and there's more stuff they won't tell us.

As long as she crushes my dick with those tits, she can play on easy. It'll never happen, god dammit

Developers are known for being bad at their own games. it's some sort of unwritten rule.

I should be playing SC instead of watching this.

You gotta get spoilered dude. Finish SC!

HOW can they be so big??

full screen hatsuu was nice :^)

I didn't see the stream, where is the girl with big bewbs.

It's still on you fucking animals
twitch.tv/xseed_games

twitch.tv/xseed_games

You'll have to wait to see her full screen :^)

Aw yissssss

She sounds so happy. This is really cute.

She's just drunk :^)

Woman stop yammering about cheevos and get on with it.

I want to see all the girls on cam at home drinking and talking about how the sausage is made.

I LOVE _ SO! MUCH!

She's right, you gotta pay attention so much in this series.

Someone needs to mod out this "Zin" nonsense.

More importantly UNDUB PATCH. PC allows for modding. Someone will make it happen I'm sure.

I might just double dip.

Vita version has had an undub forever.

Your trips have no power over what Falcom wanted originally

I admit, it will be weird for me too, but it is the original name…

They also originally intended Estelle first name to be spell "Istellel."

Okay, that's too much.

The passion she has for this series is really admirable. You don't really see this anywhere else in the industry, especially among localizers. It's a shame that this level of respect and work ethic is considered so greatly beyond the norm.

I demand proof, that sounds too funny.

If the games they localized weren't such a small niche, they'd probably be considered gods. I've never seen more passionate localizers that knew how to treat their fanbase right.

I'd call that a catch 22.

I'm a bit confused. Was the new Ys released already for PC in Japan? If so are there any download or torrent links to it?

So, how much do you think that Cold Steel will sell on PC? I have a feeling it could surpass TitS numbers.

I'd say maybe SC numbers, tops. That sold ~30-35k, right? Actually, that'd probably be more of a best case unless a lot of fans double dip.

Usually PC fags buy games out of novelty.

CS1: 200-300k
CS2: 100k

Number of people who actually FINISH it: 50k

Enough to just barely cover the cost of the new VA lines :^)

There will also be a bunch of people who buy all three games once they are bundled and the trilogy is completed.

An old classic for y'all

Berhardt

Their hiring methods are…unique. One of the Zero English patch editors, Floofy, once tried applying but found you actually have to do a huge project (in her case: creating a fictional Falcom game with box, CD, and docs packaging) just to complete the application. So that's one way to weed out those lacking the tenacity required by Falcom. They really want to stay small in order to keep salary costs down.

Hollow Light of the Sealed Land redeems that needlessly twisty final dungeon in FC. Castle (Battle) from Popful Mail counts, too, and is one of Shirakawa's best themes from his Falcom jdk days.

Sorry bud, Yoshio Kiya made Lord Monarch. But I'm not seeing Vantage Master on those macros, which is correct.

Probably around 50k within a couple of months, maybe more if they hit a July launch date since Trails releases do well in the middle of the year. Sales trails should last a while, even at full price, and substantially less people will get Cold Steel II going by the trend with Trails FC.

I don't think comparing FC>SC with CS>CSII would be valid unless CSII has a similar massive delay issue. I think that's what really fucked over SC's release, not just player retention, though that would certainly be a factor as well.

Comparing SC to CSII isn't fair since CSII isn't a climatic finale. CSIII is the game that should be judged against SC and Ao.

I don't mean in terms of the games, I'm talking about Western release sales. You are right, though. I've heard that apparently TitS FC & SC and CSI & II were supposed to be single games, but CS seemed to me like they would come together as one whole game better than TitS would. This is probably just due to FC's cliffhanger being more personal and after the main plot resolved while CSI's cliffhanger completely fucked the status quo and left the state of pretty much every character and the setting in question, along with having a sudden mecha genre addition on top of everything.

FC also had a Summer 2014 release on PC, relatively little (good) competition on Steam, and has benefited over time from SC and Cold Steel coming out. SC's launch came out of the blue for many players (hardly a week after the release date announcement) and landed in Fall 2015, with plenty of new games competing for attention. So timing's a big issues here too, as there was at least that loltaku article about localizing SC which aired around that period.

We need to see if XSEED does better getting word out about 3rd, and then how sales do at launch vs. player retention.

twitter.com/attackslug/status/851545635673210881

LOL

Also now Dogi is the wallcrAsher

So PC will get it delayed? It's like anuddah shoah

That means nothing. That's how it happens.

In Trails SC there is a really mellow BGM track that plays at particularly poignant moments. It has an improv piano playing over top of a synth choir and synth organ. It plays when you come home for the first time and during a scene with Tita and Agate in Ravennue Village. In the BGM file it is ED6510.ogg.

Does this track have a name? It isn't in the official OST anywhere that I've seen.

New leaks from 2ch.
Green hair is 16 year old Musee Egret a noble with proficiency in orbal guns and likes Rean. The Blonde boy is 17 year old Ash Carbide an Erebonia native who wields an axe that seems to have variations. Ash was recommended to the new Thors by a character in a previous game in the series. LeGuin is confirmed to be the principal of Reeves. New character Mikhail is chief instructor and was instructed to monitor LeGuin. He used to work for the RMP and was a rival of Claire's. Fought with Olivert during the Civil War. Towa is now an instructor of class IX she was working for an NGO, but because of the political climate she switched. Still cute as a button. Aurelia withdrew to Juno Fortress after the war and agreed to annex North Ambria before retiring. Bardias is hanging out in North Ambria.

All from Guan's translation of the 2ch posts.

Pics? I haven't seen the blond kid yet.

Musee is top left, Ash is net to her. Mikhail is under LeGuin.

We need to start constructing the new OP. Just remember don't release it until we're on page 13.

Almost making me wish the bonding scene with her actually was romantic, rather than "platonic senpai waifu." And she probably still hasn't grown an inch since the start, in which I once again suggest that Altina will probably be noticeably taller than her now.

m-maybe third time's the charm :^(

Sure things have changed since this thread was made, right? the 3rd confirmed for May 3 and CS I & II are getting ported to PC. What a wonderful world. This is why I started adding to these threads that we should support the games, glad to see everything from 2013~2016 getting ported and released.

Except for Nisa releasing Ys 8. Fuck them.

Working on the next thread, either we reach page 13 or I have to sleep, whatever happens first.

Probably sleep, but I doubt we'll be gone before it happens.

Glad to see others taking initiative with the OP. Fills me with hope for when I leave.

New thread

I fucked up oops

The spacing is fucked up and you released before page 13.