1 week, 1 vidya - Thread #3 Naval Ops: Warship Gunnner

The purpose of this thread is to have a new game to play roughly every week so that we can discover new stuff and talk about it.

This week we're going to try Naval Ops: Warship Gunnner

Download link: emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Naval_Ops_-_Warship_Gunner_(Europe)/153909

A ship simulation game developed by Microcabin and published by Koei in 2003 for the PlayStation 2
It got a sequel in 2006 with the name of Naval Ops: Warship Gunner 2

Not really
All you need is PCSX2 and the BIOS files but as any emulated game, it might behave strange at times with slowdowns or random graphic glitches here and there

Trying new games comes with the risk that sometimes it's not going to be very good

Archive of the previous threads :
archive.is/wTk5B - Valdis Story : Abyssal City
archive.is/PPPOx - The Suffering
archive.is/asoEK - Outcast

Other urls found in this thread:

theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/ps2-isos/warship-gunner-2/
kurogane.biz/wsg2/stage/index.php
gamefaqs.com/ps2/927547-warship-gunner-2/faqs/43045
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also here is some gameplay of Warship Gunner 2

Downloaded and finished the "tutorial". What the hell was that intro movie though ? Is there supernatural shit in the game ?

No and for the intro: thats basically the whole extend of the "story"
You are just a shipcaptain and during a navy exercise you get swallowed up into a time vortex to a parallel dimension where an evil empire is taking over the world and you join the resistance to fight them
Dont pay to much attention to the story though, it doesnt matter in the first game anyway

So you can place the guns and ship part individually on the ship, that's real neato. I slapped the most powerful shit I had on my ship regardless of speed, we'll see if I'm a genius or a retard.
The game feels more like Armored Core with ships than a simulation though, not that I'm complaining

Imo not always the best choice since the enemy becomes quite accurate later on with its missle launchers and torpedos
makes for a fun experience though when you broadside a heavy cruiser and sink it with one volley

Why?PCSX2 emulation is pretty much shit.

Well, it's not Rule the Waves when it comes to ship design limitations.

That means?
also a download for the second game if anyone is interested: theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/ps2-isos/warship-gunner-2/

What the fuck is this gay ass shit? Board games don't translate well into videogames.

I haven't come across any problems so far except for the fact that the intro movie is stretched outside of the screen. Surprisingly alright emulation (it's not very complex graphically so less opportunities for something to go wrong).
Also the OP can change every week from now on so if you want to make the next thread feel free to ask, the OP this time isn't the same as the one who did the first threads.

This isn't my kind of game at all but it's surprisingly decent so far. Also helps that this isn't really heavy at all on the simulation side, I think that would've bored me out of my mind.

So everyone can ask to make the next thread ? Sounds good but there's bound to be some people screeching autistically.

Does the game have to be new to the OP as well?

Also I would like to put my [insert here] up for hosting the next thread.

Originally I imposed this rule on myself to force me to get out of my comfort zone but if the person making the thread is going to change every week I see no problems with the OP being familiar with the game beforehand. As for who gets to make it those threads aren't very popular so you can just ask, if you have a doubt on which game to pick then you can either go with your gut or ask anons, there is always going to be someone unhappy with the choice anyway.

So what is the plan with thread expiration, wait untill a certain post quantity or time since the OP?

1 week period has been working fine so far. Usually I post a new thread during the weekend.

There are some people who are just sour that emulation exists and always say that its "shit" even though it makes no sense. Ignore them.

I can sort of understand starting PS2/NGC emulation considering some games outright won't work or require a certain amount of fiddling with settings to work. Other than that I've never encountered any problems emulating games on older system (biggest problems I had was trying to run Turrican because Amiga emulation is a bitch but that's more because I'm bad at this stuff than anything else).

What's the best parts for offense ? Right now I have to rely on torpedoes if I want heavy damage fast but it's really awful to aim.

14 or so 88mm Gatling.

Actually being serious, if your build sucks just shove more 88mm Gatlings on it.

for short to medium range are torpedos (try to get the oxygen variants asap) and 20cm MLRS spam
for long range anti-ship-missiles are pretty good to soften the enemy up
also gattlings are great all around

holy shit

thanks lads

Nigger are you trying to shoot down the sky it self?

Kinda sad that WG2 has that stupid cap on how much cannon can fire at the same time because of performance issues, then again wouldn't have made those things if it didn't.

Love what you're doing here OP
Keep it up

How bout we do something new every week instead of playing videogames? I'm tired of videogames, they're a huge waste of time but are alright in moderation. It's come down to me not playing games and endlessly staring at the catalogue. I'm in a rut and I can't pull myself out of it. I can't find a job because >no skillz I don't know what the hell to do.

>>>/r9k/

Not really
The bossfight I´m currently at just vomits out aircraft like there is no tommorow and that fucks up the auto targeting of my guns

You got any tips against that twin-hull supercarrier/landingship at mission EUR-D-280?

Pretty much everything in the game minus the NG+ final boss and a few others if you have trouble swerving to avoid incoming fire can be defeated with the cookie cutter design.

After that it's lock-on, keep your distance and shower your target while swerviing to avoid most of the incoming fire or grind the EM barrier to pussymode the game

If you can't fit that on any hull grind a better one, forget destroyers they suck dick (unless you grind the double hulled one but that takes an eternity and it's still way worse than frigates), you want frigates or battleship with maybe an intermediate cruiser to get you through midgame if you don't wanna grind.

There's flags you can win and equip that have various gameplay effects that might be very useful, the one from inferno 1 is worth getting very early as it helps tremendously (speeds up repairs)

Try to get as much of the hidden parts as you can since those unlock pretty vital R&D things (you'll see the insignia in the training mode (which really is just your grind mode)
Need help finding the hidden parts, use kurogane.biz/wsg2/stage/index.php and a translator of your choice.

As for NG+, pretty much your only hope to get out of it alive and with all your hairs is the 90 knot + AGS + sharp turning frigate or double hulled 9x100cm rapettleship

Gotta say, im glad to see this game being still played. I just wish that the franchise wasn't dead.

For those interested, the sequel lets you play with submarines (on some maps). And has like 2 new game plus'.

Also, ignore Naval ops: commander. Its a fucking turd.

I know about the inferno mode
The first mission was actually easy but the second one I unlocked (on the list its the third one) to destroy a couple hundret ships is impossible due to the modern fighter jet spam
Also I know of the hidden parts in each level and found some actually useful (like the Nuclear Engine or supersonic torpedos), but why the fuck would a 18th century ship cannon be classified as "High-Tech weapon"?
I´m using this list: gamefaqs.com/ps2/927547-warship-gunner-2/faqs/43045
to seach for the secret parts (I´m guessing EL-2 means NG+?)
Should I have them unlocked by now or when do I get them?
I can only research up to Battlecarriers(which suck dick) atm

You should get them after finishing Destroyers and Cruisers an getting the 6th silver swan thing

Just started. Seems like my plan of putting 6 big ass guns with 3 barrels on it worked. I one shot so many things and planes take out everything else.

Where exactly do you think you are?

OP, keep it up, I might not get the chance to play this game especially since I'm moving with my parents right now but I'll definitely give it a shot later in the future. You remind me of the late and great SUPABUSSU with your desire to play new games and find new joys in life

How do I make it run, I installed PCSX2. I've never done this before and haven't a clue wtf I'm doing. help me please.

Who wants to make the next thread this week end ?

I dont really like to spoonfeed even for such basic shit and a game that doesn't need anything particular but just download a bios, and drag the game on PCSx2 and then boot it under file.

I have one already to go.