Stacraft 1 HD remastered

Yet more hints pointing to a Starcraft 1 HD remaster.
staredit.net/topic/17207/unread/#special

So let's celebrate by having an UMS map discussion.
(some mod please edit the maps archive link here later, because I cannot find it worth a damn)

Who here played Cat N Mouse?
What's your favourite RPG?
Anyone played Zombie Hotel? The Thing?
Super Mario Defense?
Helms Deep?

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.com/scmaps.net/starcraft_brood_war_maps_archive/tree/master
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This SC1 HD thing is really fishy. Like that diablo 1 mod for diablo 3 it could be a complete joke.
All the mods that you mention are available in sc2, I see no reason why blizzard would invest seriously into a decent HD version.

All these memories… Like tears in the rain.

What was "Scream"? similar to "The Killer"? and "Mafia"?

Mind telling me why I should give a fuck? Flying or otherwise? Like 100% serious, the fuck is this thread about and why couldn't you do it in the RTS or the other starcraft thread?

They're doing an HD remaster of SC1 because they fucked up SC2 and have no idea how to make a good RTS anymore.

The people in the RTS thread mostly play single player, AKA the absolute worst way to play an RTS since 100% of the time the AI either has to cheat for it to be fair.

Except neither of those claims are either true or relevant.

Why not just remake the game using the SC2 engine? Those pre-rendered assets would look pretty ugly and plastic-ky if they were to render them at a higher resolution.

hey, same goes for you

Looks like Activblizz just one a quick buck on the backs of retards that can`t download a free mod, it will be extra funny if their remake is worse than the mod

Yes, Lavaland had some impressively shit and impossibly fun variants. Sadly, near the end, the shit ones were the only ones anyone p2p'd.
That one super-in-depth Pokemon RPG, I got friendly with the dev for awhile and the game was fun as fuck if you had 6 people
I haven't heard of Zombie Hotel, but I have played The Thing. There was also all those 'horror maps', those were neat as fuck. They boiled down to shitty dodge-or-die puzzles and trial and error, but the SFX and dev cycles for them were neat.
I preferred maps like Battlecraft/Dragoncraft&2
fuck Hero Wars maps, they're much better in Warcraft. I just can't get it 'down' when I prefer microing armies to bait-and-KO strategy wars.

It was quite the time to be a patrician.

Fucking sad. SC2 had serious problems that Blizzard never had the balls to properly address with the expansion packs, and people have tried to turn it into some BW hybrid with maps and mods, but it's never worked. BW was a product of its time, and the limitations that made it great are unacceptable in today's market. BW with a fresh lick of paint wont turn back the clock to before MOBAs killed RTS.

sc and war 3 custom maps years spent playing them best time of my life growing up

I read "HD remaster" as "we're going to suck all the charm and character out of an old game and you're going to pay us full price to do it".

Is there a possibility of them retconning anything from SC1 to match the story line of the sequel if they did this?

It's going to be ugly as sin and have none of the endurance, detail, or texture Starcraft/Brood War had.
It'll be a bunch of plastic toys and muddy textures like SC2.

Does the game really need one? Just release a less gritty tile-set for Star-Craft 1 or remake it in Star Craft 2.

WarCraft 3 on the other hand has aged perfectly. I love the way it looks, Blizzard would probably make WarCraft 4 look like the cut-scenes instead of sticking to the timeless cartoony aesthetic. They would probably make it (even more) grimdark and serious and remove the humor too.

With the reaver garbage truck?

SC2's graphics are already plasticy. Oh, and here's the maps archive: gitlab.com/scmaps.net/starcraft_brood_war_maps_archive/tree/master

Fuck it, Starcraft looks gorgeous as it is with its pre-rendered goodness. The only thing it could use is an official modern release with custom resolutions and perhaps AI improvements.

if they did they would force texture filtering and other shit to 'justify' a rerelease

I remember those.
who else erped in the custom roleplay maps?

on one hand OP is autistic as a half button press and doesn't want to post in a thread where casuals play RTS games against AI opponents, on the other hand he has faith in Nublizz not to release a complete shekeldown that lacks all the soul of the original game

I don't know what to make of this thread

you jest, I presume

>Star Craft 2 Everyone helps Kerrigan become a space squid god.
>Everything was An evil space squid diablo clone Amon influence/taint/corruption/infection so don't blame Kerrigan.

Where did everything go so wrong?

SC1 was so good, and still looks great.
Why do we need an HD remake again?
Just make Starcraft: Ghost.

SC1 is stuck in 640x480 and has color issues on all post-XP operating systems

Starcraft/Brood War is one of the most challenging RTS campaigns to play, without getting to campaigns that are hard for the wrong reasons (such as outdated controls, UI etc).

Matchmaking is flawed for team games but it works great in 1vs1 games. I hope they will take the good parts from sc2 like 1vs1 ladder and make it into HD scbw. Finding a game took way too long on iCCup

just kill the explorer possess in da control panel. and restart it after you are done

I played Zombie Mansion, Spellswords, Deathknights, Zalirea, RV rpg, Blizzard rpg, Lost Technology 1,2,3/Jurrasic Park, Nightmare rpg, Blind Marine rpg, Aliens vs Predator by Boobs.

And those huge amount of RP maps which really had no business in starcraft, they were so limited compared to WC3's engine.

A huge amount of maps made by all sorts of people: amateurs, professionals without ideas, amateurs with ideas, real programmers, real game designers. Panzer Kavalier.

Isn't the SC2 DLC all about Nova?

So seriously now guys, what kind of map would you like to play? which isn't already available in SC1?

Not the same story that Ghost would have

Might be interesting if they just improve functionalities, custom map options, customisable hotkeys etc. As long as they keep the faggots who designed and "balanced" SC2 far away from it. Not that you should expect anything good from modern Blizzard but who knows.

Will probably just be a 1080p resolution patch and they'll charge full price for it.

That wouldn't bring Blizzard money

And I do believe this would sell more than SC2

BW is still one of the most played games in Korean behind LoL and Overwatch and Blizzard has been trying to prop up an esports scene for a couple years now. It has also been enjoying a slight resurgence similar to SSBM but les grassroots.
gangnamgamers.com/top-20-games-in-korean-pc-bangs-rankings-dde93eeaf20c#.suzr8t6xw

Because a lot of what makes BW a better game is the shitty AI you have to micro. The way units interact with each other is also inherently different, mutas are a goo example.

Nah companies only make remakes when they can't sell an already existing game and for some reason that I personally don't get is that Overwatch did really well

its hard to appreciate starcraft custom maps as much after warcraft 3.
but jail tag style games are always a hoot.

>artificially limiting stock of a DIGITAL product just to make sure people buy your Remastered version
W E W
Now if people want to get the original Starcraft and not the Remaster they'll have to pirate it. Good job.

Holy shit, this is beyond kikery.

Piracy is bad and we will hunt you down to the last wallet.

Even if it is the most played sc2 is still somewhat alive. Why would blizz shoot themselves in the foot by splitting their community?

Loved the fuck out of Diplo and Golems Ultra

The entire campaigns for SC and BW were already remade in SC2, and was really great.

Starcraft: Mass Recall exists and it's far better than anything those retards at Blizzard could ever shit out.

Jesus christ its real.
What the fuck is this day and age we live in.
Blizzard taking the lead for 'fucked up business practices'.

You got this only now, dubsman?

So fucking true

I wanna see someone try to just send a massive clusterfuck of dragoons to the enemy only for them to scatter all over the place and wonder what the hell's going on

Oh god yes.

W E W
E
W

This is probably the one good decisison Blizzard has made since TFT.
If they don't give people who already own it for free then that will unsurprisingly uber kikeish of them.
Anyone who thinks this should be remade in SC2 is a fucking moron that actually believes SC2 is a better game mechanically. The only good change that came from SC2 were limitless unitgroups and that is it, everything else from the art direction and map editor to how combat works was a huge misstep in design in so far as they tried to make SC2 into the replacement also for WC3 which left us with a shitty chimera that was neither SC or WC in terms of balance or mapeditor usability.
Hardly anyone plays WC3 for Ladder anymore for a reason and no one plays SC custom games anymore either because WC3 did it better. They should have kept these things seperate but they overreached in terms of design entirely.
If you played SC2 past the opening bar cinematic then you should just smear butter all over your PC and stick it in the oven.

Mass scout is way more retarded, it's totally unpractical, takes forever to reach critical mass, costs a fuckton but there's not much that's gonna stop 50 of them from raping your shit outside of twice the ammount of muta and even then it's not a done deal.

Zombie Hotel beast as fuck
Cat N Mouse good too
SWAT AFTERMATH

Do you think they made some sort of half assed attempt to bridge all their game universes together?

The only thing I can think of that would make sense is that they had a limited number of CD keys possible.
But I think it would be possible to just generate a new hash to make the keys from and make your authentication servers accept that new key made from the new hash.

There's nonway they sold that many copies, they would just make a new hash like you said if it were selling that well.

That would be a horrible idea. Dumb dumb dumb.
Lost Vikings would be cool though.

I didn't ask if it was a horrible idea. I asked if it could have been something they were aiming for?

Jesus throwing Starcraft on a flash drive and archiving it. SC was my first game and it needs to survive nuBlizzard.

i havent played starcraft 2 since wings of liberty. but arent they helping kerrigan because they can see the future and know thats what they have to do to save themselves?

Considering that they've retconned the ultimate evil in Warcraft to be godlike beings from another dimension instead of Sargeras, while also pushing Illidan down the same road they pushed Kerrigan down, I would not be surprised if that was their intention.

They haven't done it to Diablo yet, though I wouldn't be surprised if that's because of a lack of characters they can easily squeeze into the roles they have set for this recycled story.

That was mostly zeratul. And it's pretty retarded how fast he agreed with some ancient runes and shit, when Kerrigan forced him to kill his beloved matriarch and thus he ended up living with self-guilt and regret.
This was a key point in his development as a character, but as usual that went out the window.

StarCraft's original campaign is not that hard, the only difficult missions were the last Human and last Protoss mission.

But Brood War, on the other hand, was really hard. The Protoss campaign is not that difficult, but the UED and Kerrigan campaign had some of the most difficult missions of the entire game (especially the Assault on Korhal and the last Kerrigan mission).