Who Remembers?

Who Remembers?

I remember. Decent prices on everything. The last thing I bought was a VGA box for the Dreamcast. Now it's Gamestop, or if you're fortunate, a more local shop.

Oh shit, I thought this was a local only shop.

never went to one as a kid, dunno if there were any out here. I sadly only went to a kaybee toys like twice too. Never really had any "video game" stores near me.

Now I work at one and I love it, it's all classic games although I don't agree with the owner on the prices of some things we do work really hard to clean up games, consoles, repair them, etc. I think that's my favorite part about it, fixing shit up so it's in great shape. It's just really rewarding to get something that's 20 years old, in poor shape, dirty as fuck, only to see the results of your hard work make it look like it's almost new.

A good retro game shop may not be as good as funcoland was, I don't know, but I do enjoy what I do and I know many others do.

I remember buying a copy of Luigi's Mansion and Mario Party Advance there. Good times.

I remember getting NES games for $0.50 back in '97

What? I'm not American.

I still have one of their pamphlets. I remember collecting all of the Megaman games at their stores. It's tragic that Gamestop bought up every other game store chain.

It's where I got Grandia. Software Etc didn't have it nor did the EB Games that was in the same mall. I had too much fun with that game.

Also where I got my copy of Project Justice, which by then was a rare bird copy, real cheap. Mint condition. Life was better, then.

Before the fire nation attacked.

I got Shining Force 2 there long ago. Probably some other games as well, but that's the one I remember.

Other than that, good for you user. I couldn't bear to work at one though, too many hipster faggots.

Company is a buzzword.

I'm still pissed off.

I preordered my PS2 from Funcoland, but then it got bought by GameStop before the release so I didn't get my preorder until months later.

user….

they're actually pretty decent controllers, plus it's a bit cheaper than using the official ones. Like I said I don't agree with my bosses practices or prices on everything. I always tell my friends to never buy saturns from us, but things like ps2's, wii's, and other systems beat everyone elses prices. Current gen stuff is incredibly cheap, all tested and working too. We mainly try to compete with gamestop and it's not a problem for us since their mark up is retarded high, we can just go stupid high instead of full blown hurr durr and make a good return on everything.

Well they were first bought by Barnes and Noble which merged them with Babbage's to become GameStop. It then split from Barnes and Noble and became a marketing machine demon.

The one in my town was the comfiest game store

Oh yeah, the one I had was so close. Literally just like a minute away.

Let's make a list of all the fucked up shit GameStop does and why losing FuncoLand hurts so much:

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of stuff.

They did that to me once.

at that point i just stopped buying physical media

Fuck off cuckchan.

Shit the one in my town was super nice and ran tournies constantly, on top of having staff who actually played games and would just shoot the shit with you about stuff during slow hours and stuff. RIP.

Just because you screencap something somebody said doesn't make it true.

Cuck is a buzzword.

There is a point to "fun is a buzzword," but only because "fun" doesn't mean that much on its own.
It's less a thing that discredits an argument and more the critical equivalent of a cop's fix-it ticket.

Me too, many times. They need to be shut down.

I would say you'd be fine if you bought from anywhere else, but all there is is gamestop.

Cuck is a synonym for pathetic/disillusion at this point.

I forgot about this stupid fucking shit.

They do it with their foreign brand too. It's awful.

At least they aren't putting the sticker ON THE FUCKING COVER ART anymore.