Counter Strike Thread

Why was it shit?

Also CS thread I guess…

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1188
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dropped

CSS was the peak of the game due to the absurd physics and clean visuals. CSGO is a visual pile of vomit with crippled mechanics with obtuse limits being forced on the game and 1.6 is nice but the standardized level of rigidity to game play reduces it to just a tacticool hitscan (lol) shooter.

don't care about the randomish spread of CSS guns that is easily mitigated by getting fucking good and using the fucking awesome movement options the engine is practically begging you to. CS would be far more benefited 1. as a serious and naturally competitive game (not a fucking artificial one created by dumping stupid sums of money into a popular name) 2. embracing things beyond the autistic screams of muh bullet spread patterns who fucking cares the game had far more interesting things going on and would have been far more interesting if they had instead focused on movement and made it possible to engage in different play styles this way there wouldn't just be me and maybe some other homo on the other team in every server who can do fast movement.

seriously fuck valve and the carrot stringed fucking morons that play CSGO, enjoy your offensively blunt skinnerbox, what a fucking shame the only servers with people in it in CSS are DM, GG, and half populated surf rpg servers.

Isn't CZ that single player CS game? I thought it was okay

Fucked with the formula and rightfully flopped. The only reason people ended up buying it was to get into the Source beta.

Take a closer look at the picture.

CZ is the second goldsrc release that the xbox version was based on, I have no opinion on it except that detail textures were a great idea that still hold up to this day and should still be used

take a look at the subject line

OP was specifically asking why CZ was shit. You just saw "Counter Strike" and responded with why you thought CS in general was shit, not specifically CZ. Just admit you fucked up, fam. It happens, you don't need to double down like a nigger.

The Gun models were great too.

Makes you think

I knew I saved those in the name field for a reason

πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

faggot kys

yeah its a very pretty game, I remember a cool 24/7 office server I used to play on in like 2008. Never got too into cz but I think it felt a LITTLE better than 1.6

Yeah same, but it was fun for a little. I would say its better or equal to at least 1.6.

yeah I'd say about equal but I remember CS autists sperging about it for some reason probably something about muh spray patterns or something equally stupid. I distinctly remember animations being smoother so there's less animation frame snapping that hurts the smoothness of 1.6 combat by adding an artificial difficulty to the tracking of enemies by having a next frame transition to a new pose.

I believe CZ smoothed that out a bit, CSS made it perfect as far as smoothness goes, but the netcode did have its issues being more forgiving for campers rather than attackers.

This, matchmaking destroys the fun of CS, crates destroy games in general.

Yeah not to mention the maps in CZ had some cool re-designs which really actually improved a lot of them.

yeah I think 1.6 had some really bad texturing that made the visuals really hard to discern, but CZ definitely cleaned it up. When niggas talk about how gwaficks don't matter I think there's a real dismissal of the importance of conveyance of key details through visual elements, and CZ definitely was a "cleaner" game that made things really readable.

I still think CSS was the best at this, maps were bright and not bland looking.

Yeah the visuals were fucking awesome in CZ compared. And i would agree somewhat. When it comes to official CS games we can play now. CSS all the way. But i still love 1.1 or 1.3 the most.

Ohh, CS thread that isn't about GO. Want to play CZ.

Bump?

It needs some tweaks but its fun

im shit at the game

The only way to have fun in CS is to be shit at it, tbh.

You must be having the time of your life then.

I sure am.

when having muscle memory of fucking recoil patterns (not even shit like basic momentum, just a fucking pre-destined path to move around) is championed as 'hardcore gamer aiming mode' and when the gun sights are just shitty decorations

it's like Urban Terror or AssaultCube but with a gigantic ocean full of tourneyfags and TF2 emigrants addicted to trading cosmetic trash

What's wrong with Urban Terror and Assault cube? Fast paced Brazilian genocide simulators.

On a side note, I like that there is a tiny bit of customization in Urban Terror, but not enough to turn it into Call fo Duty. Assault Cube is streamlined as fuck in that you just have a weapon class.

lies

i just had pretty fun game with some randumb uk homosex that was spamming memes in voice chat
almost got ear cancer and almost lost because of stupid zeus plays but was fun nonetheless

if you stop playing like a trihard its easy to have your fun

I'm fine with Urban Terror (other than the animations horribly fitting with the game's physics), great game overall imo. Big thing IMO about AssaultCube was how weak the gunplay was (or maybe it was from Sauerbraten using the exact same sound effects), and the near-nonexistent selection of weapons.

many people don't know this, but CS started as a community mod for HL who then went on to get hired by valve or someshit

very insightful post

t. newfag

bump

Have you actually played that map?
It's currently completely fucking broken, that's the goddamn reason nobody likes it.
The T's can arrive at B site first, which means the only way to play that site is retake, since they can just molotov every entrance and get a free plant.
B site is also ridiculously close quarters, so the only weapons you need to use are the dirtcheap shotguns and p90s, which also yield the most kill rewards.
A site is mostly fine, except for the fact that it's a fucking pain to hold as the T's have three points of entry, and once they break through, they can hold a ridiculous amount of angles.
The Canals is fucking broken. The T's can peek the bridge before the CTs are anywhere close, which means a good awper can just deny passage entirely.
Then there are the fucking bugs. Or especially the big one. There's been a boost found that allows one to get above the fucking skybox and peek into B, and there's a one way wall there stopping the T's from shooting back.
You can also traverse the entire map above the skybox once you get there.
The map looks fantastic and is great in concept, but Valve doesn't playtest for shit and it's currently just a big fucking joke.

Play Source with friends sometimes but my reflexes have become slower over the years. Also I usually hit the centre torso instead of a head shot so a lucky shot from a deagle knocks me out right away.

Not saying the map isn't broken as shit, it's just that there's so many tourneyfags that will immediately dismiss any map that deviates from the standard formula. Overpass was complete shit when it was first released, but now it's arguably one of the best maps in the game. Just need to give this map some time.

i know that feeling, bro.

And hope Valve actually tries to fix it, I presume. And tournyfags are fucking cancer anyways, disregard whatever they say.

i preferred CS GO before it got too popular with blyats and street shitters.

I like DoD source although am getting bored of it.

Holy shit, how oblivious are you to CSS' non existent recoil?
Not to forget that you can't catwalk with shit guns on CSS and outskill AWPfags, too.

Well, at least Valve finally tried something different, instead of remaking an old map from 1.6.

Also, we've been playing the same maps from CS for the last 18 years, why does CoD gets shit for being a constant rehash of the same game (rightfully so) but CS gets a free pass doing the same exact thing (CS 1.6 / CZ / CSS / CSGO)?

Because the CoD's are sold as actual sequels, whereas with CS they're just newer versions of the same game.

Pretty much this, although after source "newer" just means "hats and crates" of course.

I guess you're right.

But still I'm happy to see that Valve is trying something new, I miss the old days that CS devs weren't afraid to include new maps to the official line-up, just look at the maps included in the beta, as_forest was awful looking and still became an official map, even jeepathon2k was official at some point (to test func_vehicle, but the point remains).

I could write about cs all day. But first off all, op condition zero was not bad, there is just no point in getting it over 1.6.

1.6 is in my opinion almost perfect, I would just add a little bit more bhopping like in early css days. Not as bad as back then, but something between 1.6 and css. Valve tries to kill bhopping hard, they have also ruined it in hl for some reason.

cs:go could have turned out good, I was playing it in the beta back then. In early days HPE worked on it and they listened to feedback we gave them on the Steam User Forums. This one forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1188 not to be confused with the new in game shit forum that valve added later. Anyway, it was way worse when it came out back then and it was slowly going towards 1.6. But then Valve fired HPE and decided to work on cs:go themselves. Now they were taking feedback from Reddit and pro gamers and they pushed all the bullshit we see in the game now. Hell, reddit wanted cs:go to turn free2play.

By the way, did you guys notice that Valve turned into total jews with cs:go? They did a lot of smaller things that went mostly under the radar.

For example modding. Valve has this new tech since left 4 dead 2 workshop. Mods do not replace original files anymore. If you install mods and you join a server that doesn't want you to have mods the server will just force your client to load default files instead.

So how comes cs:go doesn't let you join a single official server (comp and casual) if you install mods? Why doesn't the game just load the default files instead? Valve didn't add this feature from left 4 dead 2 because they don't want you to use mods. Also you couldn't just drop mods into the game folder anymore, you had to use third party tools to mod your game. This was all long before they even added matchmaking and their skins to the game and back then I was wondering why they would make modding such a pain in the ass when it was always such a big part of gaming, especially in valve games. Turns out those motherfuckers did it to force us to use their skins instead of our own.

Also some of those knives that are sold on the market were in the game in the beta. Valve literally stripped content off the game to later sell it. And people always say that they don't do this with pre order bonuses and dlc.

I cannot fucking tell you how much I hate the "professional scene" of this game. I truly, TRULY find it fucking irritating and extremely fucking GAY.

Half the reason I don't play this shit anymore is because I despise the fanbase who gloat over their favorite CSGO celebrities and care about retarded meaningless skins on their guns.

I want my gun to look like a fucking GUN. Not a god damn Nerf toy.

cs is a pretty casual shooter, like most shooters. nothing wrong with pointing out bad elements of design and criticizing the devs for neglecting good ones.

It's unbalanced as shit. In CS, the maps don't matter as much as your opponents' skill does. This map is confusion and frustrating, to the point where I can just rush like a retard and get two guaranteed shotgun kills every round because of how convoluted the layout is.

Holla Forums was always full of casuals.

EU Legendary Eagle here, anyone wanna add me for later?

counter strike is a hardcore brutal ass game, if you don't like it you are a true faggot.

SANTORINI
FUCKING
WHEN

Post when you reach SMFC, we'll play

that faggot is into gay music. Also what happened to all the other frag movies? I am sure as hell youtube was full of them but now it's very hard to find them. The top results are always gay ass faggot shit like attached one.

yeah, biba is like that, cheesy and stupid
fragmovies are about editing now
not about fragging

what a shame

this fucking Movie Vault intro

I wish cs:go was more like cs 1.6. There are a lot of small details that make the game overall better. Like tagging, makes 1.6 less forgiving then cs:go. In 1.6 if you just jump out in the open you will be slowed down by landing and also by getting shot. You can't just peak around as fast as you do in cs:go. Also more wallbang pls and less predictable spray patterns. Recoil control is way to easy in cs:go. Just a few points, there is of course a lot of other problems in cs:go.

Wanting crates in the first place. Pleb.

your sarcasm detector needs repairs

I hate how older games seem to have so much better hit detection? Not just counter strike, but so many older games seemed to have had pretty nice hit detection and then all went to fuck.

Why do consoles ruin everything?

consoles had nothing to do with it. the problems with CSGOs hit detection are from back when CSS was new. It mostly has to do with overcompensation for a variety of network types. The basic problem in source netcode can be described like this. In 1.6, or any goldsrc game the netcode is fairly simple. The person who is moving the most will get updated more frequently, everyone is at the same update rate, but you can force the update rate cycle to start for you faster. The interp model valve used for the source engine does the opposite. The lag compensation will make someone who is still (camping) see you first by predicting your movement on their client side based on the servers tick rate.

newer networking models accommodate a large range of connection types and speeds, older ones just went with what they assumed you had (56k typically) and if you had something faster it was simple enough to just have the game servers send the data to match that rate.

Well, Classic Offensive is a thing. Not sure how many people are playing it, though.

wew

I'll give it a try, but this isn't the first time someone tries to turn cs into something different. There is also this promod for cs:s that makes it more like 1.6 and that project failed too.

kys

Consoles are still a huge reason for those newer network models. The old model of allowing higher update rates would still work to this day without a problem. Consoles are however the reason why the newer network models were needed. Bigger games, for example Battlefield 3, with many players, were not allowed by consoles to consume more bandwidth than the minimum required. Which in both consoles was 10kb/s or something like that. Any console that could get that speed would have to be supported for online play. Thus a game like BF3, where you could play 32v32, you needed a very low tick rate to still be within that required 10kb/s maximum speed. Which, in the extreme case of BF3, was 10 tick.
So consoles are one of the main reasons for low tick rates. On PC, there is no maximum speed your game can have. Its up to the developer to ensure it works.
Another reason consoles are (partly) at fault is because they introduced match making to the big public. Before match making, your server could be set up for higher speed connections only. After match making, this is all gone. The ones owning the servers, aka, the game company, choses the setting and it never changes, you can't find a better server, there are none.

Of course match making isn't just consoles fault. Its the fault of companies wanting to retain ownership over every fucking thing instead of accepting that just because you are good at making games, doesn't mean you are good at providing a service like servers and allowing those that are better at that to take that role.

wireless networking is more to blame. The good news is it makes it better to play with people from across the continents, playing with someone at 100-150~ ping means more prediction is done on your end, whereas with that same ping on a more primitive model you would be seeing people jump around like crazy.

Sure, but its huge shit when you are in the much lower ping bracket of things like 10-25ms. Which is something that has been achievable for a very long time. I have known games with such shitty lag compensation that having too little lag means your hits never register. Its just beyond stupid.

ping mostly depends on how near you are to the other players and the quality of your connection. Networks in a lot of first world countries like America haven't actually improved very much in 10 years. The technology is there but the ISP support is not. At best instead of getting 130-150 ping playing with someone on the west coast while you're on the east, you'll instead get 105-125. Not a big leap in quality.

Playing locally you can expect more in the range of 45-65 ms on average.

A lot of the times in games with shitty lag compensation they'll instead have your hits register when your opponent technically wasn't where he was on his machine, and you can often see it represented in the kill cam if the game has that, where you'll know you walked back behind a wall a second before the killing shot and the enemies perspective will show them killing you before you even started to move to cover.

Pretty much through the proliferation of less reliable networking there's been more of those getting shot thru the wall moments.