So, about Nvidia and Their data collection policy

Did you update your GeForce experience ? (even if this issue blew about a year ago(or more?), if you did not at that time: have you bend and update your Geforce experience since then?

i dont really like the part when they say:
Customer hereby acknowledges that the SOFTWARE accesses and collects both non-personally identifiable information and personally identifiable information about Customer and CUSTOMER SYSTEM as well as configures CUSTOMER SYSTEM in order to [skip]. Information collected by the SOFTWARE includes, but is not limited to, CUSTOMER SYSTEM'S (i) hardware configuration and ID, (ii) operating system and driver configuration, (iii) installed games and applications, (iv) games and applications settings, performance, and usage data, and (iv) usage metrics of the SOFTWARE. To the extent that Customer uses the SOFTWARE, Customer hereby consents to all of the foregoing, and represents and warrants that Customer has the right to grant such consent.
[…]

You may call me a tinfoil retard but yea, i dont really like the "and personally identifiable information"
Are you still use Geforce experience ? if so: why?
and is there a point in updating your driver if you are not using directX12 and new GPU (ex: still on GTX760)

(well at leats now their big eye make sense i guess.)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbucket.org/ancile_development/ancile/overview
majorgeeks.com/news/story/nvidia_adds_telemetry_to_latest_drivers_heres_how_to_disable_it.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why did you delete it the first time i thought mods were being fags

anyway I think if you care about surveillance/information collecting you would not be a PC gamer and probably wouldn't be running most commonly used software today. If you really care about it that is.

You're a tinfoil retard.

Also this faggot just made this thread.

badly done, it would imply downloading driver alone from their website would avoid thoses new term of service when it do not.
so it s not just GFexperience; and yet the 1st post kind of imply that. see

Reminder that you and people alike are part of the reason why some things are like they are nowadays.

the only thing that anoy me is that they recover "personally identifiable" information.
they dont just take your perf result and hardware spec so that they can improves their software or make some stats. unless i missunderstand the meaning of "personally identifiable information"

also i dont see why they couldn t do it.
look at consoles: ps4 folowed xbox360, and now even the switch wants you to pay for online.
See how many faggot will pay because "they do not have any choice" so they will pay and find justification like "but they offer us a game"

exept that free game was already something on the ps3. you paid for sub: you get some discount in psn and free stuff: but now you MUST pay or you do not play online.
there is a fine line between:
and
but hey at least you get some free lub for the fisting

nah its more an empire built upon government/market collusion and pushes for ever improving (maybe add those little quotes to it if you wanna be a homo who still spells microsoft with a cash symbol) and also a necessity to upgrade to satisfy consumer interests and phasing out support for older platforms but also sheer performance reasons where more of this shit got tied in over time over the course of a few decades and with constant releases pressuring consumer adaptation there was never really a good opportunity to "rebel" against it so to speak

in a sense the people were probably always gonna lose that fight

What a vague and inconsequential statement.

Your MAC address is "personally identifiable" information. Really, unless you've got CP, there's no reason to worry about that shit.

I pity people who have this installed. You don't even need ShitForce Experience to update drivers. In fact, you don't even need to update drivers at all.

I phrased it like that because it applies to a lot of things, you dick sucking faggot.

simply ebin

Tell me, what use is worrying about being spied on when the West is in a death spiral and in ~20 years whites will be a minority? If you're going to get yourself worked up over current events, there are far more pressing matters that deserve your focus.

same logic apply to win10. who by itself is "fine" just deactivate telemetry&co (assuming it really get deactivate …)
the problem with win0 is automatic and forced update.

nVidia are fucked. Unfortuntely I don't have the money to build a new PC at the moment but my next build is going to be pure AMD after the shit the green GPU jew and Intel have been pulling.

Win7 and 8 too, but most fags don't even know about it and have been using them without disabling the telemetry there for years. Always makes me laugh when I see anons shitting on win10 for "spying" while giving 7 a pass.

bitbucket.org/ancile_development/ancile/overview

Nope, never even used it, and uninstalled it whenever the drivers forced it to reinstall, which I'll explain next. Haven't touched it in ages ever since the drivers themselves completely destroyed the performance on one game I liked, which made me rollback and never install them again. If I want to record something that just happened? I'll just boot up OBS beforehand. I always do.
Nvidia just removes the "optimized support" for games in the next driver update every time, so there's literally no reason to update.

i ll keep my PC until win7 support is terminated (IIRC 2019-2020) then go to linux since openGL/vulkan finaly works well. directX is pretty dead as they do not have the advantage they had of being easier to work with.

Rejoice, it will be the end of shitty amd/nvidia war caused by directX helping Nvidia to work with their API while the other is alone trying to figure it out.

i never was forced to instal any update in w7 … so i don't see how they are the same:
read the entire sentence please:

The "automatic forced update" isn't the problem you sperg, the telemetry is, which windows 7/8 have as well. Besides, Ancile disables that shit.

I had to use it to get my 970 drivers. Uninstalled immediately.

Old news
Just do custom installation and uncheck GeForce experience so you don't have to have that shit installed. If you derp and accidentally install it you can literally just remove it afterwards.
As for the telemetry, just disable the services.
majorgeeks.com/news/story/nvidia_adds_telemetry_to_latest_drivers_heres_how_to_disable_it.html

Everyone timeone posts that retarded vid i will point this out: RUSSIAN HACKERS DON'T HAVE WINDOWS DECRYPTION KEYS

Otherwise you'd post proof.

i stop using it the second it required a fucking long in.

fuck that shit.

I just blocked traffic to their data collection aggregates.

i love this video because it captures my feelings.
After intense raging, I found that there is in fact a way to disable this behavior. However the method is so hidden that these sorts of designs are why windows 10 should be considered the worst OS ever made, and that microsoft has its head up its ass. It's a scheduled task visible within Task Scheduler -> Microsoft->Windows->UpdateOrchestrator which can be disabled and with the right permissions on the file that represents the data, it can be ensured that the OS can never re-enable it.

wew, now im glad amd has something for my budget.

Fucking niggerfaggotjew

Even if you don't install Geforce experience, by default the drivers still install telemetry shit.

Fortunately it's easy to delete those files before installing.

Pic related.

Of course they do, they're Russian hackers

GeForce experience have no additional contract: updating your driver will make you agree to the same term of Geforce experience and vice versa.
i thought that was not the case but quickly checked and correct myself from my 1st post here