[XxFURRYQU33N] JOINED THE SERVER

Go back to Furaffinity faggot

>[THC] EDM has joined the server

Thats actually good. Furfags are neets and when one joins your team you can be positive he is going to be top spot since they do nothing but jerk off and play games.

It's been over a decade now, so I see no reason to change it.

I don't get it. What's the big deal?

I'm bumping this thread out of spite for you.

If you're too dumb to come up with a good name to identify yourself I vote to kick or ban you, or if on my server you are banned on sight.

Because God is going to judge us for our sins

Dubs thread is a go.

You have severe autism

you fucked up

Sounds more like OCD, but instead of tiles he freaks out about names.

Yeah what a faggot

Hai guise,
how do I post a vid?

Clearly the furfag is not a girl. If there were more hot girls into fursuits or kemono, it wouldn't be much of a problem.

i'd fuck that femboy asriel

Who the fuck is Kirito? I'm pretty sure I've seen this exact username before.

Main guy from some shitty anime about MMOs called Sword Art Online. Every now and then a multiplayer game is flooded with people roleplaying as him.

Pretty much what said. Kirito is the mildly edgy "stoic" Mary Sue hero of Sword Art Online, the kind of "badass" that only preteens think is cool because he has a sword and doesn't emote and has a trench coat, etc.

You never know if the guys with these names are either complete newbies or can easily shitstomp everything in the pub

autism.

Do you say hi to everyone in a room when you walk in it

Says you. My definition of "cool" as a preteen was moralfags like Optimus Prime. Also Jesus. Some of us were good kids.

no but I do reply to people who go out of their way to greet me.

This is why I don't play with Holla Forums any more, incidentally. Some of you are alright, but most of you are underage little shits worse than randoms at vidya.

ok, whats that gif from? looks familiar

There's two kinds of preteen, user: the kid who likes Superman, and the kid who likes Batman.

You were the kid who liked Superman.

But I liked Captain America. And even that was later on, because I didn't like superheroes that much.

what about the kid what thought both were shit, and directly responsible for a large numbers of issues?
Maybe I am a bit odd, but my heroes when I was younger were the guys what fought for their friends no matter the odds, because they're friends, and that's all they need.

I don't really remember Superman figuring that much in my childhood.
Batman > Spiderman though.

That's only because Superman is the original marry sue.
Batman's still trash. Rich fuck what refuses to actually fix his city's problems, and instead devotes his time to extending them by punching crooks and taking them to jail what's run by corrupt cops where the crooks break out or otherwise bribe their way through, so that batman can repeat the process.

nice

Superman and Batman are both failures because they refuse to fix the real problem.

But Batman is shackled to the system, not only because his true identity is a richfag, but because he really truly believes it's salvagable if he just puts enough criminals in prison.

He's the cuckservative to Bane's fascism.

I wasn't being literal, I was speaking more in the ideas of those characters, and the differing appeals that they have.

On one hand you have your Boy Scout Real American Moralfag heroes: Superman, Captain America, Optimus Prime, He-Man, Lion-O

And on the other hand you have your dark'n'edgy aloof/antisocial individualistic heroes: Batman, Wolverine, Raphael, Shadow the Hedgehog

Taking superheroes seriously was a mistake.

Batman's the only good one in the edgy lineup. Superman is just that much of a fag.

I know.
This way is more fun.

Captain America is just Superman's personality with Batman's powers.

What if your friends are wrong though?

As someone already pointed out, Superman is just space Jesus, so he can't be the first Mary Sue.

All superheroes are just spins on Superman anyway. They're all equally mary sues.

I'd still disagree with the ideals, more or less.
I don't like batman or superman on their character alone. They're not chill dudes you can hang out with. I don't feel like you could count on either of them, for that matter.
Superman'd punch you in the face if you ever slipped up. Batman would've already had a plan to do that the moment you met. They're not good people, far as I'm concerned. Not by my standards, anyway.

Incidentally, Capn America isn't rightly comparable to Superman. Fundamentally different philosophies.

Don't you mean iron man?
Wait no you're, no wait yeah you mean ironman.

Iron Man is just an upgraded Batman without the angst though.

Then be wrong with them.

Both of you are wrong, Iron Man is the lead character from The Fountainhead.

I'm just trying to fucking say that there's two kinds of heroes that kids like and they tend to gravitate towards one over the other: the Boy Scout, or the edgy badass.

The ones that like edgy badasses are why shitty animes like Sword Art Online are popular. They're the kids who thought Sasuke was cooler than Naruto.

Years of alcoholism say otherwise.

Yeah, but that's what I mean. I never gravitated to either.
Superman and his style was a cunt, and edgy fuckers are edgy and otherwise uninteresting.

everyone knows Jiraiya and the nine tailed fox are the coolest characters in Naruto

Iron Man is Batman but with an drinking problem and actual social skills.

What he means is Batman is at peak physical condition and the super soldier serum puts Captain Amarica above peak physical condition. aside from that they're both normal men with lots of training.

Can we just all sit down for a moment and agree that Lawful Good is the absolute best alignment? Also somebody post the screencap.

Neutral Good is best alignment. You can be a hero without any DM holding you back by insisting that you follow the law and kill babies to fuck you out of your class levels.

Paladins are underpowered in real games.

Thread should have stopped here

ironman is angsty though, he's still a psychopath the same way batman is, just instead of being brooding he pretends to be cocky and smarmy. (he thinks he's good with women but it's incredibly clear he overcompensates) they both cant relate to people and resort to vigilante justice.

go back to reddit, faggot.

Depends on the law. An honorable knight that follows chivalry but won't hesitate to lance you in the face if you're being a faggot is miles better than a knight who's a slave to the literal law of the land and won't kill anyone without getting attacked first.

No love for Kakashi? I don't know how Naruto ended but as far as I know they amazingly never ruined him.

Fine, you were the special child then. Or you just never read/watched anything good.

You should just punch these DMs. That kind of shit is overplayed pointless player torturing and anyone that pulls the bullshit "moral dilemma with your magic powers held hostage" doesn't deserve players.

What about the one who was an overwhelming edgelord and liked the bad guys?

LG is best when you don't have a moron for a GM who doesn't understand what LG means. LG does not have to do anything but follow his own code of ethics, not this shit GM 'muh follow authority at all times' nonsense.
It just means that you will stand by your values to the bitter end, regardless of circumstances.

Sasuke and Naruto are both shit, just like every other character in that animu.

Any neutral alignment other than Lawful Neutral is shit.

how does that work compared to all other alignments? does chaotic good just mean that they do whatever they want as long as it's in their moral code? does lawful evil mean you do things that specifically go against your own code of ethics? I'm confused on your interpretation of ethical relativism.

Lawful Neutral is the only right answer. Not in the "follow every law so autistically you turn on your party for stealing" fashion, but in the "extreme adherence to a moral or ideological set of values" way

Chaotic good means you do things that are good, by any means necessary.
Lawful Evil means you do things that are bad by your own code.

Evil is best described as inherently selfish action that directly harms others. A merc what takes money might not be evil, but a bandit would be, seen?

He is the MC of Sword art Online, he is liked by edgy fucks because he is a "hardcore" player that can tank four player killers, he has a literal fan club of rejected grills, he is the best at a shooter game while using swords and he has a AI daughter that happens to have Admin level control of the game

On the same end, chaotic evil isn't "lol so random". It's putting yourself first and doing what you have to, regardless of ethics to make your way in the world. That's why things that are constantly beat down and shat upon, like goblins, tend towards it.

He was an overwhelming edgelord who liked the bad guys, not much else to say about that kid.

I know, but I'm only arguing about what kids like, not how good Naruto is. I stopped giving a shit about Naruto a decade ago.

Yes, pretty much. Do anything for the sake of justice and all that.

Lawful evil is more like having a code of ethics that still facilitate evil behavior and actions. Malevolence with a system.

but wouldn't by the earlier definition of "following his own code of ethics" mean that lawful good would also do things that are good by any means necessary?
and what motivation would you have to do things that are bad by your own code? beyond "haha I'm going to do everything bad I can because I'm a dick" meta there are very few times where characters are forced to do things that actively go against their moral compass. most things operate on their morals, it's that their morals are estranged, not a conscious action to work against their own set as positive morality.

Exactly. You don't have to go around burning orphanages just for kicks. Hell, you don't even have to do anything "evil", so much as go straight for your own benefit without concern for others.

What? No. Of course not. He'd do things that are good, but he'd also stick to his values. His own code. If he thinks lying is wrong, he won't lie to save an orphanage. It ain't complex.
See save an orphanage by lying.

He also once reprogrammed the game he was trapped in, on the spot, with absolutely no prior knowledge about its code or how to access it. It really amazes me how anyone can tolerate that kind of writing.

Indeed. It's entirely possible for your douchebag neighbor to be chaotic evil even though the worst thing he ever does is steal your mail. It just means he's that much of a dick and the only reason he doesn't do anything worse is because nothing has motivated him to do so.

This is exactly how "evil" is defined in the context of this alignment system, yeah.

The benefit to defining "evil" in this way is that a character can be "evil" but coexist and cooperate with party members on the "good" end of the spectrum.

think about how a man might savagely murder anyone he thinks would be a good challenge in combat regardless of who they are socially or if they might be right about to save a village, but doesn't hurt people who can't defend themselves

a human-supremacist paladin might feed and clothe the poor human, being as charitable and helpful as possible, but doesn't give a single shit about nonhumans and might even leave them to starve if he has the choice of helping them or the humans

a man that feeds a village of peasants by stealing from the count's grain because they need to eat NOW without caring about the repercussions

think of a mercenary that changes sides in the middle of a war because the opposing faction offers him more money and a higher cut of the loot, with no regard for cutting down the men that just spent 6 months on march with him

shit like that, it's not a bunch of clear cut "follows the law" "does what he wants" "lol I can kill anyone I'm so cool"

There's a reason I posted Sparhawk:

etc. for about three books.

The hell are you on about? Alignment, especially in the D&D sense, is based off of an objective moral standard, not a subjective one.

Lawful vs Chaotic is about the sort of system a character desires. Lawful characters want a system of laws, authorities, and structure to accomplish their moral aims. Chaotic characters want a system that stresses individuality and freedom to accomplish their moral aims. Neutral characters seek a balance. Other times, neutrality simply indicates that the moral value is stressed far more than the means.

Good vs Evil is about those moral aims. Good characters seek to help out the common weal, value life, and appreciate such things as love and beauty. Evil characters put no value in these external things - what matters is oneself. Taking joy in the suffering of others, treating the lives of others as toys, and lust over love are aspects. In the case of neutrality, it may mean a balance, or it may mean that the system is what matters - law or chaos, with no regard to the morality or immorality.

There are shades of this. An example would be a Lawful-Lawful-Evil general versus a Evil-Lawful-Evil judge. The former is a warlord who does everything at the best of his sovereign, and enforces strict order; however, he is himself a cruel man that does nothing to prevent his soldiers from causing harm to civilians. His ultimate aim is to fulfill his job, but he permits the spread of evil. The latter is a man who enjoys watching others suffer more than all else, condemning the innocent and making a profit off of it. He enforces the law, but it's only a tool - a side note for him.

Most humans show shades of this. A Lawful Evil king might have a great appreciation of art and have absolute love for his own family, while in all other ways being a tyrant who enjoys inflicting pain and sorrow. He has his virtues, but they are greatly overruled by his vices. On the other hand, a Chaotic Good man might have a vengeful streak that leads him to inflict as much suffering as possible to those who hurt his friends. Most people will of course fall more towards Neutral in any area.

Let's just say I stick to Neutral Good with new GMs until I can see if they're dramafags or not who go for cheap shit.

My first GM killed my sorcerer by sending tons of bullshit goblins, trapping fucking temporary war tents with pitfalls and spikes, and sticking me in a hole while he went easy on the sweet girl (who was admittedly fat but genuinely nice) who got center stage except for his fucking OC DMPC who he specially made for every goddamned encounter while my sorcerer had nothing to work with because he kept finding excuses to deprive me of my makeshift oil bombs that you basically have to start with because he insisted that we all start at level 1, with his character having the stats of a fucking level 10.

And I played neutral good too. He killed off my sorceror with, not making this up, spears that fell off of a fucking roof.

After I rolled a new fighter instead, he deprived me of my starter steel 2-handed sword via a fucking random paralyzing pit hallway that I barely got out of because he gave us no fucking gold to buy supplies for shit like ladders and ten foot poles, and I literally had to sex a (female) dwarf for a fucking expensive as fuck breastplate because we saw his roll and he couldn't fake it.

And this is despite the fact that his character was loaded from the start and didn't fucking decide to share because his type was a Lawful Neutral ass who was not fit for a DMPC because the only time you make those is so that you can literally hand shit out to the party as a cushion for "shit going wrong" on the first levels with bad rolls.

Then we played a Star Wars campaign and I decided to be an old, rusted Grevious guard droid because they have tough as fuck base stats and are hard as fuck to debuff outside of depriving them of weapons and attachments, and he somehow was okay with that.

Then our first encounter was a paranoid dude with a fucking trapped house full of fucking bullshit and packed a fucking rocket launcher and goddamned vibroblades in every section, with a goddamned CAR MAGNET installed in his house for some goddamned reason, possibly a trap he specifically made for me despite being completley unarmed and basically the goddamned packmule in a game where blasters are death (no one was a Jedi), and despite his DMPC character being fully fucking specilized into being a pilot with a charm score, he somehow survived the whole fucking scrap while I had to sprint like the goddamned Terminator through three fucking explosive hallways, AFTER I pried myself from the goddamned car magnet using sheer fucking strength thanks to my Grevious guard model's Strength stat.

Then he decided to basically go into a fucking methane swamp to throw out the blasters (which I had just fucking managed to get a goddamned peashooter by convincing the party that they'd only escaped by a tiny margin after I managed to, with great difficulty, knock out the paranoid ambusher with a metal right to the fucking jaw after a lucky sprint through grenadaland) and to basically move in to a hostile and stupid situation (a fucking warzone, we were fucking independant pirates with no reason to bother with a job with that risk) our party had no reason to go into with obscure (for the gamebook) ballistic weapons.

We broke off after that. It was a physical game. I assume you guys go online? Because not a single soul ever wants to do a tabletop pen and paper where i'm at.

I think it is from a christmas's special episode (the twelve days of christmas or something related) or it was at least drawn by the same artist. It used to be aired on CN back in the day I think

Jesus Christ your first DM sounds like a sadistic bastard who needs an ass-kicking. If people like that are your only IRL options, then you should either stick to online or just don't game. As /tg/ likes to say, no gaming is better than bad gaming.

Yes, this interpretation is the shitty one what only tosser GMs use. The one what makes the paladin fall because "muh you didn't do what the king said!".
The morality system that nobody bothers with because it's fucking retarded from a character perspective. People don't just automatically decide "yes, authority is good" or "no authority anarchy now". They've got reasons to decide whether those are good or bad. They've got their codes, their values. The old alignment based on how "authoritarian" you are was fucking trash because of this. It made no sense for a character to support what goes against their core values and beliefs just because it is what constitutes the "law" in that area.

No kidding. One of the reasons I broke off from the guy was that he was fucking mental outside of the game, advocating for slavery and shit ("IT'S THE FUTURE") or whatever the fuck.

You talk to the guy for 3 seconds outside of "how's the weather" and it was apparent that the guy wasn't a sadist, he didn't get off to killing off characters, in hindsight he was basically paranoid and afraid that he wouldn't have the spotlight. He changed games often as soon as his character lagged behind and when our characters were just getting roleplay development, largely because he didn't know how to adapt.

He was an actual sociopath. Not the ones the media makes a false deal out of, a medically defined, rooted in reality, actual sociopath. He had all the signs. And honestly this conclusion is in retrospect, shit's scary. Never saw him again outside of the year he DMed.

An actual narcissistic sociopath, huh. I guess we should hope that all of his mental issues are restricted to just being a shitty DM.

Kakashi has that air about him that always spoke more to his personality.
You knew that characters like Orochimaru and the like had to be stronger than him, but Kakashi just acted so cool that you felt that he was more powerful than he actually is. I stopped reading the manga after the Pain arc, so I don't know much about the latter chapters, except what I gleaned from the fighting games.

>BE-GENDERFLUID

Your GM is a cunt. If my players aren't having fun, I'm not having fun, and fun is the point of the game.
I run mine online, but I do it at my friend's house, so it's kind of weird mix, but it works for us.

I've done both online and in person. I've never done anything except DM since high school in person, though. I picked up everything I know from a grognard who predates the 1st Edition Player's Handbook.

What the fuck are you on about?
It's not about "authority is good" or "authority is bad", it's about the means which are being accomplished with it. Take the Paladin. The Paladin is Lawful Good. By default, this means that a Paladin has the core philosophy "we should do what is best for the common good, and an ordered, well-structured system is the best way to do that". But if the Paladin leaves his own system and enters into another, he is not obliged to follow it. Or to not. For instance, if the law of his own land is "do not murder", and he enters another, he is not suddenly permitted to kill indiscriminately. But if that kingdom has a law that requires you say prayers to an evil aligned god, he is not obligated to follow that law.

Relative shit is shit. It's always shit. It defeats the point of having alignment to begin with. It has set definitions, so fucking use them.

TASTE IT

>>>/tg/
>>>/oven/
>>>/cuckshed/

The only thing I know about him in the later parts is this fight scene, to be honest.

If you read, I told you that we stopped playing with the dude. Nice bait, got me to reply.

Yes, because he's good. However, if he refuses to do what the law of the land says, and it doesn't go against the "good" part, he's breaking his alignment because that sort of alignment is fucking stupid as all hell. Local law says no pants? The LG by that shit definition is obligated to take his off. Why? Because "MUH AUTHORITY SAID SO SO WE HAVE TO", even though nobody in the real world thinks like that.
The "lawful is authority" nonsense means you've got a bunch of unrealistic characters what have to do whatever the GM says so long as it isn't "evil", because "muh laws".

That's part of the point. Alignment systems are utter trash. 100% useless ways to restrict the party and their characters into a terribly incompetent format only used by retards who refuse to update to something more sensible. This way of viewing alignment is required if you ever want to have any realistic characters.

Should tell the (((GM))) your OC's preffered pronouns next time.

I died once on the first day, he failed to kill me off in Star Wars. Battered Wife syndrome is if you play with the dude habitually, not for a 3 2 hour rounds, bud.

I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish, but here's a (You), because Zero Charisma, the movie that the webm you posted is from, is pretty good.

I remember getting permabanned in TF2 over standing next to a resupply locker, airblasting some kid admin that used noclip to get into my team's spawn.

I'm so glad someone got it. You posted just as I was making this Webm.

Just calling a fa/tg/irl as the cuckqueen she is.

let's not derail the shit thread any further.

Except for the part where literally everything you're saying is wrong. I'm sure there's some autistic GM out there who ran it that way, but I've certainly never met or played with him.

Everything I just said is the exact same shit that actual, non-autistic players have been following for the last half a fucking century. Do you want to know when the counter-alignment movement bullshit began? A combination of dipshits like you who never read the original texts and badly misunderstood the intent, and special snowflakes who felt their "realistic" (read: generally chaotic, rarely realistic) characters couldn't be confined into the normal alignment system.

For fucks sake, back when my dad was doing this shit, it took literally half a page to describe all nine of the fucking alignments, and players figured that shit out on their own with ease. The fact that it literally takes fucking essays to explain this nowadays makes me question just how fucked people are getting from the modern liberal-occupied education system.

TOO LATE

It would be nice to have this half-page then.

Here

Lawful Good: Follows the law, also does good
Neutral Good: Does good
Chaotic Good: Does good and damns the law if it gets in the way
Neutral: does
Chaotic Evil: Does evil and damns the law if it gets in the way
Neutral Evil: does evil
Lawful Evil: Uses the law to do evil

Excellent.

With less Gygaxspeak:

i'm here to please.

but not in that way.

Reminds me of something.

Here's something even weirder: another cut of the promotional video, with a lot of differences
>CRUSHER's identity is revealed to be a little girl

I think what happened was this was a proof of concept trailer for Xbox Live, then once the service was started, they recut this into the promo that was shipped on Xbox Live discs. Because Live launched in different regions at different times, they probably had to change stuff like Siberia to Yukon, take out the London guy, and change the Jap to San Francisco (even though they kept his ching chongy voice, while dubbing over the Russkies with generic American accents in the final video)

Oh shit, I had heard Obito was one of the big bads, but I never expected this.
They didn't really ruin Kakashi as a character, which they could have with bringing Obito back. But instead they somehow managed to keep his character intact. Shame that after this fight Obito probably got the Talk-no-Jutsu instead of Kakashi finishing the job.
Once again proving that the worst part of Naruto is it's core protagonists, Retard, Edgelord, and Pink Shit.

every time I see that stupid fucking emoticon it drives me into a rage.

Also here's the first cut of the chicken one, with Mech Assault (all pre rendered) instead of Unreal. They also haphazardly splice in footage of additional footage of "friends" from a completely different shoot at 1:40 that never appear again. This version I'm more familiar with, it was the JSRF/Sega GT 2002 bundle disc.

The way you described them made it sound like that asinine retard system, so I'm not really sure what you're getting at here, mate.
The system is fucking retarded because humans do not work that way. If you're okay playing for just the mechanics like some fuckup, by all means, play with that shit system. Otherwise, I'd much prefer something what actually works with real people.

Yeah I had that one too. I'm surprised they made so many different cuts

(checked)
I guess they first used Mech Assualt because Unreal Championship wasn't finished yet. Or maybe Microsoft got called out for using nothing but pre rendered footage from their own games, so they made a recut with in-game footage of UC being played online and from a third party.

The system was derived from the Law versus Chaos concept in the Vance novels, with the axis being split into two separate axes as part of the development of D&D. It's a very cheap and easy way for the classification of characters, meant for a system where you weren't meant to write up a 1000 word backstory, since most of your characters would die before reaching the 2nd Level.

Now, can you apply it to actual people? Yes. You can. Because as has been hammered in repeatedly - alignments aren't absolutes. Lawful Good characters are not absolutely lawful or absolutely good. True Neutral characters can lean one way on somethings and the other in other things, across the whole axis. And so on it goes.

Once more, we return to the special snowflake problem - faggots such as yourself who think they, or people in general, are too "special" to be classified. You're not.

>[MEX][email protected]/* */[email protected]/* */ has joined the server

Did I ever suggest I was "too special" to be classified?
No.
Stop projecting you little asshound.

Where the system is derived from does not make it any less trash. It's a cheap and restrictive way to classify characters , used by people who only play for the combat, instead of actually trying to make a story. It's a trash system for defining only bear bones archetypes without any humanity in them. The only reason it can be applied to "actual people" is because people are massively loose with the definitions, or use the ones I've stated earlier.

Kill yourself.

you do realize the system is just meant to be the most barebones way of determining a character right? You aren't supposed to make the entire character around it, you have to do that work yourself. It's purely for roles and quests.

just because your characters rolled as chaotic evil doesn't mean he's supposed to just be a psycho killer. It's just supposed to be a convenient way of describing the archetype.

Choke on a cock - it's only as "restrictive" as you are autistic. It's not meant to be a personality profile, it's a basis of central tendency. It's in no way mean to lock you into a specific role. But I'm going to guess you don't even have much experience with /tg/, let alone OSRs.

Alignment is a shorthand for your character's morals; a descriptor, not a boundary.

wew lad

that's a pretty funny story user
ecks dee

He doesn't seem to understand that the alignment system isn't a mold that you pour your character into but rather a skeleton that the player fleshes out. It's very similar to how retards say they're sick of seeing the main character save the world and want the main character to be some castle gate guard that never sees action. These people don't realize that the MC doesn't save the world because he's the MC. He's the MC because he's the one who ends up saving the world.

its not that hard
stop being an autistic fuck

Fuck off with your garbage.
Just use a system what isn't massively retarded. It isn't hard.
I'm not saying toss alignment out of the window, I'm saying use established definitions what aren't trash.

And I'm well familiar with /tg/, faggot. That's why I am arguing this point with your retard ass. But, hey, that's the idea, right? Instead of making an actual argument, why not just say "WELL YOU DON'T KNOW, YOU CLEARLY DON'T LURK X", right?

My apologies to loping the other fellow in with this lot, but it's more or less the same argument against that. If it doesn't properly describe the character, then it is useless. In order to properly describe the character it must be "boundary" as you put it, as if the character does not follow that morality, then what's the point of having it?

What about the kid who always identified capeshit for what it was?

why even play multiplayer if you're going to be one man autist?
I mean it's easy in CoD but when you play something that takes a modicum of teamwork, you're just handicapping yourself.

Look at this autist.

???????????????

Reference:

What I don't understand is, what the fuck are you arguing? That alignment is shit because it doesn't restrict enough, or that it's shit because it restricts too much? You have been going back and forth on the issue.

This is the sort of shit people who read rulebooks but never actually play a game love to shitpost about online. The reason I'm calling you out as not knowing your shit is for the simple matter that you clearly do not know what you are talking about. Otherwise we would never have had this argument to begin with.

The use is as a guideline. You roll 3d6 down the line, you look at your shit, you pick a class, you think about the kind of character you want to play, you go with an alignment, you buy your shit, you start playing. As you play, you use the alignment as a shorthand to think about while roleplaying, but the rest of the character you develop through play. A more complex system would be stupid, because spending half of your time designing the personality of the character who dies in Room 1 beating a Zombie covered in Brown Mold with a club would be pointless. A less complex system could be devised perhaps, but I can't think of anyone who ever said the alignment system of all fucking things was too complicated.

If you wanted to make an ultimate personality profile for an RPG, it could be done. It could be massive charts and multiple pages, a whole page of its own on your character sheet. Or you could just not have a system at all and write up a character background, and require players to go at it. But it certainly doesn't fit the genre the alignment system was designed for.

What's your next act? Bitching about the class system?

The problem with it is that it defines things in a retarded way.
Restriction isn't the issue, so much as it is definition.

So, like I said, used by idiots what just want to do the fighting, don't bother making decent characters outside of existing archetypes.
It isn't too complex. It's just fucking stupid. See the mentioned alternative. No more complex, yet it kills the retardation.

Why would I do that? The LG-CE system works perfectly fine, so long as you don't use the absolutely retarded method of "lawful = authority".

I'm actually not that fond of class systems, or at least the ones with super-hard borders like D&D where it feels to me like the class selection screen in TF2 rather than character creation.

Personally, I'd prefer more of a free floating "select skill" system, but the class stuff isn't too bad when you consider completely free reign multiclassing. It's a bit lackluster in a lot of areas, though.

classes are alright as long as they allow for flexible builds, you shouldn't level into your abilities so much as you get to pick what abilities suit your play style. Dragons dogma did that really well, good range of classes that you get to customize, and the metagame is making good builds for other people to play with too.

I also prefer the skill system, since it's a lot easier to come up with a story for a guy who's highly skilled in driving, high explosives, and fisticuffs than for a level 1 human fighter.
I do, however, remember playing a homebrew that combined a class system with a skill points system in a pleasant way.

Lawful Neutral - does law
Chaotic Neutral - does stupid shit

I don't even have a stupid name.

Anyone has these in their names I ask them if they play SMT. If not ban.

most likely slots that they reserve to fags that pay in servers.

At least you got to play it before the servers shut down.

Comics are cancer.

B-but d-dont you know that brooding and dark themes are mature!?!?!?!?!?

COMICS HAVE TO BE SEEN AS MATURE FOR SOME REASON

DON'T YOU GET IT

SOME REEEEEEEASOOOOOOON

THAT'S WHY WE NEED COMICS TO BE MATURE!!!!>!??!>!>!>?>!K:P!OK!:>!

ok i'll stop but fucking hell whatever happened to just making fun stories? Used to be a dime a dozen and now they're golden rarities.

Lawful Neutral could also be delegated to people who devote themselves to the CONCEPTS of Lawfulness and chaos.

Like Lawful Neutral people have a set of rules that don't necessarily line up with the rest of the world but they're still following laws and rules, while chaotics can have some sort of philosophy where they target places of extreme order and shake it the fuck up for kicks.

Neither has to be stupid and on full blast at all times, it's the big actions that define a character, not shit like "lol so randum" but instead shit like "I follow my own path" or "I'm just tired of seeing bitches that think they can control the world"

That's why they're lawful and chaotic NEUTRAL, they're not extremes at all, they're just not good or evil in intent, they follow their own goal.

Oh wow, this is totally not a bait! Better take a bite!

Obito got the talking-no-jutsu but since redemption equals death, he sacrificed himself to fight the greater bad mastermind. Kakashi's history arc ends when he admits Maito Gai, a guy with zero talent whatsover(his backstory is shown) surpassed him by opening all eight gates and shitting on the greater bad that was about to kill him. At the end of everything, Kakashi is made the sixth Hokage.

I was more Judge Dredd, Ripley and 40k. Marvel & DC are for mouth breathing retards.

That would be Bill Plympton's short "Sex & Violence", the clip is "Doctors Say Carrots Are Good For Eyesight" (it was part of a series called "Cartoon Sushi", which aired on MTV in the late nineties).

The French are a mistake.

The French players who actually know how to speak english go to english servers, you shouldn't expect anything from the fags in French servers really.

Bonus points for echoing game sounds that make it even harder to hear the fucker talking,

I will never understand the normalfaggot desire to "pubstomp", nor will I understand their absolute refusal to accept their skill level for what it is. I mean how embarrassing, they obsess over these games and aren't in the top 1% of players.

Best community, all communities.

This.

XxX_TRUMP_MAGA_XxX joined the game

Every fucking time

Besides the fact that the discussion is alright, I got a feeling you are in the wrong place.

Most games like this are games where you have a team and a group of people you have never met before.
Most sports make a point of teambuilding, and even in complete competition/free-for-all, it's only polite to be acquainted.

gommunism is already the edgy counter-culture genocidal ideology again, the actual children will disappear in a bit
honestly it's pretty frustrating how short they let everyone enjoy the afterglow of the old regime getting BTFO, when they had so much control for that long

That was me I just get over enthusiastic sometimes.

things that never happened.txt

ARE YOU LE TRIGGERD XD??

At least you could post one of the good ones.

Have you ever seen vids of Holla Forums playing Planetside 2 or Halo Online? It's literally a full-blown meme-circus.

I've been in RTS rooms and EDF rooms with fags from here. No memes in RTS rooms and the EDF room was two tacos tacoing it up on voice chat.

Planetside shitposting is explicitly intended to frustrate the NC, who are generally left-leaning, and the Vanu, who are gay baby men who shriek at anything remotely right-wing, losing a base, being shot by a BR lower than them, and muh racist names.
For some reason it's toned down a bit, but on our first and second run I remember entire posts with 5 pictures plus worth of rage through PM being dumped in thread at regular intervals.

Come on nigga, all the active players in NC are just burgers who love guns and freedom.

I was around on election day and the aftermath, TR was the only faction with common 'positive' remarks about the goings-on, NC and Vanu were both mortified and treating it like another shoah.
In retrospect, that's probably why their whining 'toned down a bit', relative to then.

You'd think TR would attract commies.

Shit like that does happen, it's just way rarer than "Generic Memelord Faggot With Furry Avatar #6000000"

I was fighting at TI Alloys when Trump won, I didn't see anyone really cry aside from 1 NC and some Vanus. I made it into a discussion and no one really cared about it.

More edgy Holla Forums types.

bud if you have day of infamy you can play it now, it's actually even better than the insurgency version.

VS is made up of almost entirely furries, commies, gays, and the like because they're the futuristic trans-human faction, and TR happens to be called commies because red always means Communism and never anything else ever, even though it's more right than left. NC end up being the Libertarians. There's even a group of Jews under the name Nanite System in the lore, but they aren't playable.

Why, though?

This is in direct contrast to what I experienced, running about with the boys and collecting salt was quite fun.
Shame you missed out.

Why the fuck would SJWs go ancap NC? SJWs are unanimously big-state statists who want the feds in every aspect of a citizen's life to make sure they only say PC things. They also typically hate capitalism because Marxists.

The French seem to be either too retarded or too arrogant to learn any other language than their own.

They view NC as de-facto freedom fighters and anti-oppression fighters rather than corporatism, because they're dumb.
Generally, though, SJWs go Vanu, the communist technocrat cult wonderland. Moderates-to-left-leaning go NC.

What the FUCK is up with Guilty Gear's naming convention???

Is it really that fucking edgy to have all these fucking XXXXXXXs and AAAAAAs and 3XPOWERCORE FUCKSHITWHATTHEFUCKS.?!?!

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE??? I AM TOO MAD TO CHOOSE AN IMAGE

Calm your faggotry. Japan just has this fascination with Xs in naming things. The problem is when you don't know if the X is silent (first pic related) or it's a "cross" (second)

xXxBigPenisxXx

Meant to post this

I thought it was just a multi-purpose "versus/combination of" thing and the meaning was implied by the context but doesn't really matter either way. In almost every usage it's two things fighting each other, or two things being combined into one crossover piece. In namco x capcom it's both.

Unpossible.

Ebin

Checked.

Yes, that is confusing.

Go big or go home.

ur mum's motto

ebin

I hate this shit, I only ever see Japs and old railroad signs do it.

wow

btfo

xXx2xb1gX4xY0UxXx

oh man, i know that feel, user. first time our group played D&D 3.0 I had a cleric with a quarterstaff because I liked the idea of a scholarly dude leaning on his staff, what does he do, he sunders the damn thing just because. Fuck you, I'll go get a long piece of wood and make my own walking staff.
That DM doing randomly dumb shit to the party 'to build character' was how we found out how brokenly OP clerics are if you throw your concept out the window and just minmax, so he shot himself in the foot.

His parents' deaths are the sole reason he dresses up like a bat and punches crooks at night. If he truly came to terms with it, he wouldn't be driven to do it anymore. It's not pigeonholing, it's a problem built into the the character's fundamental concept.

just yell "Excuses-moi monsieur pourquoi êtes-vous merde" into chat. follow it up with going HONHONHONHON, i guarantee they will get mad at you.

i liked space marines. american super heroes have always been retarded.

It's been a decade, and source game moderators are still fucking retarded.

Same shit happened to me on TF2 a few months ago in Degroot Keep. Was the only one there who was actually good at playing bowman Sniper and those chihuahuas votebanned me 5 minutes later for cheating.

I've noticed that furries tend to be a lot better at video games for some reason

Autism.

I've noticed the exact opposite.

I do if i'm supposed to interract with them for the next half an hour.

I'm so annoyed at people who have random Xs or numbers in their name, if it's a MMO or a game/service that requires you to make a username, fine. But if you are a Steamfag and you play a game that uses your steam name, just type it out fucking normally, you're not unique and it doesn't look cool, it just looks like a fucking mess of letters and in the end retarded.

If you hate numbers so much why do you have two of the same number?

Ive seen some furries be fucking good at games, then some be absolute shite
I guess it depends on how much of a furry they are, cause the most cancerous ones tend to be better

I've been kicked multiple times for hacking in TF2, and I just take it as a compliment. It just shows how fucking shit most people are at the game
One time though I got kicked because for some reason the spawn door didnt open, and i just used the engie laugh taunt on it cause none of our teammates got out, and people thought i were doing shit so i got instantly kicked

First guy sounds like a younger Inspector Gadget.

I don't whine if I join an english speaking server and have to talk their language
t. french

fuck off arrogant prick

You must be american.

Hey now, cut user some slack; I think we're all used to France bending over and spreading their cheeks for foreigners.

They might often be wrong and reckless, but they are also the most fun and likeable of the bunch

Generally, I personally really like young idealistic heroes, or adventurers that often get into trouble with law while still doing good. However chliche those might be, I kind of miss those kind of characters, seeing that the current media can never do them right. In general I would love to see a well done "Lawful Good" mentor and "Chaotic Good" student relation again. Preferably, with both of them being able to learn from each other. I really miss those kind of themes.

same

Its like you hate fun

I'm gonna PHIL you up, Anonymous, you little slut.

Nigga, you gotta bond with at least another member of the party to really take it off the rails. Divide the shit out of the team.

Be the change you want to be. /tg/ has game finder threads and a pdf request thread. Find a system that really clicks with you, then pick up some other guys who are new. Pathfinder and DnD too crunchy and combat focused? Pick up a rules lite system. Running games is a lot easier than you think.

I used to play pretty much exclusively on furry vanilla servers in TF2 for a while. With quickplay killing just about all the other servers, I guess the autism kept them together so it was the only real place you could find people who knew what they were doing AND the admins were actually decent and kicked/banned people for "friendly" doing friendly bullshit.I had to mute everyone and turn off sprays for it to be tolerable though

A shame this isn't actually cs_office.

That's great.

>Round 2 Lost: Your team killed the hostage.

I suppose it's really my bad for forgetting the French are a bunch of obnoxious gays when the rest of Europe has no issue getting along and trying to communicate with eachother in a common language when necessary.

No, just another yuropoor.

most of these servers have simple model swaps and sprays are jpgs that are loaded in per player, so even if you have 20 players in a server it loads pretty quick unless you have a shitbox computer.

Unless you use Gmod, that's always a long load.

>Watching the Men get the women whilst you sit in a corner masturbating and watching

Why anyone would want to play these games roleplaying as a cuck is beyond me.

I use nicknames like these on smurfs
something like NATURO UCHIHA or FurrySniper with flashy symbols and gay furry profile pic
it's rare but sometimes one or two autists start "LMAO FURFAG KYS" shitposting which is fun
usually people don't give a shit, especially on EU servers.

This is why I play Cleric of a War God. My god doesn't give a fuck so long as I'm doing my best to either

Especially when you get to school your DM on Sun Tsu to validate why your God wouldn't frown on bait and ambush tactics.

Why wouldn't you want to damn yourself to save everybody else?

Sauce?

This shit fucking happened with TF2C you retard. Alphablaster was a full blown Holla Forums newfag that kept spewing out Holla Forums memes for no reason other than to get Holla Forums and Holla Forums to like him. He was also an underaged faggot.

i came back to this thread only to save this image

You have Aspergers I can tell.

>NO
Every fucking time.

But user, if you're lawful good, can't you arrange a marriage between yourself and a qt grill for the greater good?

They are good alone, but in groups their IQ drops exponentially

Well they achieve nothing in real life, so they then turn to board games - not to achieve stuff and come out on top as a winner, but to obtain acceptance and admiration from their peers.
In a way, it's psychological compensation for the fact that reality does not reward them for their pitiful behavior, so they turn to lawful good characters in RPGs, going away thinking "being a lawful good guy IRL is amazeballs!".

You faggots are the worst. Half of Luxembourg is full with the most obnoxious French, they work here yet they refuse to learn our language and snub at us if we don't speak French well enough.
If the day comes when Germany decides to invade France again, you won't hear me complaining when they stop for cheap diesel in Luxembourg.

Moien :^)

Inspector Gadget vs. Robotnik sounds like an excellent idea for a story.

Its great being reminded that I made the right choice so often.

The song is named "Fortunate Son" you knob.

You almost got me, user.