Darksiders

I recently got both Darksiders and they surprisingly are good games will there ever be a 3rd game?

Maybe
Nordic bought up the license

Very unlikely. For the record I love them too, but I have no hope for a sequel ever.

I hope

Are there any other games like DS? I need more.

THQ Nordic does officially have a sequel in the works. Obviously it's not the original devs, but it's what we can get.

As far as what to expect, generally they've been pretty based as far as what they do with their games. They've made their remakes/remasters free for anyone who owns the originals and also released most of their games DRM free on GOG. On the other hand, their games, especially their originals, have been of somewhat doubious quality. It seems that for all their apparent good intentions they just aren't that good at making video games.

THE BEAMS

REDIRECT THE BEAMS

If I recall that section correctly, what he really should have been saying is "Look UP you double nigger"

There's probably a sequel in the works since THQNordic bought the license. Whether or not they also recruited the original devs for it is anyone's guess.

They need to bring madd back

for those who may not know that Crossblade canceling is a thing that exists in DS1.

Wooooooooooooooooow
its fucking nothing

I thought I heard something Nordic was supposedly trying to work something out between them and the former Vigil employees. I could be wrong though.

meh

All I can remember about Darksiders is that, for some reason, I got insanely bored once I got the game's version of the portal gun and I quit.

How close was I to finishing the game?

You were very close to the ending. All you had left defeating the Black Throne's boss, find the pieces of the Armaggeddon Sword scattered around the world and confront the final boss.

You mean other than Zelda?

Where's the cancelling

I was hooked on the first game from the start until the end, but for some reason the second game put me to sleep just after I got onto the second world/zone thing and I never finished it.
I can't figure out why.

I'm extending the Air Combos by throwing the Crossblade if I didn't the Air combos would only be 3 or 4 hits long with the Sword and only 1 hit with the Scythe

I like the first game, although I've yet to finish it. I couldn't play the second one due to how bad the controls worked for me. I couldn't climb on vines at all. Should I try it again and see if it was just a glitch?

I liked both games but I prefer 1 over 2 by a marging mainly because I like War's combat style. Also, 2 seems very rushed compared to 1.

It was, that was shoved out the door shortly before THQ went under IIRC, they were hoping it'd buy them a little more time to save themselves

The first one was alright.
Darksiders 2 is the game of 3s.
To unlock a new area you need 3 items, to get to the last boss of an area, you need to kill 3 henchmen, the most distant possible from each other.
It was ok once or twice, but not even half game in and it turned into a chore.
Plus, the whole thing with gear was kinda weird.

I preferred the basics like the combat of 2 over 1, but the actual content is just so thin that it really is a worse game.

Darksiders is ludo

Don't listen to other anons, I appreciate the knowledge. I don't like how quickly the DS games turn into fantasy. Those giant dwarves should have been demons of some kind, as they are now they're just detrimental to the heaven vs hell feeling.

I loved the atmosphere and music in Darksiders 2. The areas and dungeons are top notch and better than 1's. I didn't like the basic combat much, though.

I don't agree, having other races fleshes out the world.

what's wrong with titan quest?

Nothing's wrong with it, but all it shows is their practices (good), not really their quality, since 99% of TQ Anniversary edition is really just original Titan Quest and not actually their work.

Then again they are a publisher not a developer, so there's really no telling how Darksiders 3 will turn out or who will work on it, all we really know is that THQ Nordic probably won't be trying to screw everyone.

I loved that game but
JUST

This has to be bullshit.

I think Darksiders 2 tried to do so many things that the overall game just ends up feeling less cohesive.