Grossly mismanaged IPs

And as a result, even though it was released during time when PS3 literally had no games, it still failed to get enough sales to get a non-shitty sequel that wasn't on fucking PSP. Oh, but then they made a pretty good PC port, which gave the game more publicity… AND THEN THEY DECIDED TO MAKE SEQUEL A SONY EXCLUSIVE AGAIN. But hey, at least they learned their lesson this time - since consolefags don't care about TBTs, they turned a game into generic JRPG and replaced WW2 tanks with generic giant robots. Because everyone complained about how original game has vaguely WW2-themed setting instead of giant robots, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

please
nichegamer.com/2016/12/27/sega-confirms-valkyria-chronicles-still-ongoing-valkyria-revolution-is-like-parallel-series/
exhentai.org/s/c68106d9a6/834996-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where is the platform that players care about turn-based tactics? PSP?

Also its a prequel
WHERE ARE MY PC PORTS SEGA!?

I bought a PS3 back in the day to play Valkyria Chronicles on day one.

I got it for $20 from Gamestop like almost everyone else.

Nippons love the ps3 and turn based rpg's what are you talking about?

Valkyria Chronicles was originally designed to be an Xbox 360 exclusive. As poorly mismanaged as the title was on the PS3, imagine where it'd be if it was a 360 exclusive instead. Even less people would have bought it (especially in Japan), there wouldn't have been any PSP games to continue interest, since MS has no portable game system - and there likely would never have been a PC release due to a lack of interest without it's cult following.

VC would have released, flopped hard, and then been quickly forgotten about.

Well, apparently they don't love it enough to warrant a sequel on PS3

Considering how X360 was a multiplat breeding ground, I'd say it would've gotten PC release even faster.

Not for niche Japanese titles. That's more of a recent development. Without what interest it did have to make it still relevant today where JRPGs do well on the PC, it would have ended up like Operation Darkness.

How many JRPGs on the 360 actually ended up getting PC ports?

The PSP has plenty of turn-based RPGs, especially if you count the PS1 library. Front Mission 3 plays like a dream on it

This is the crux of the issue. Not that it's on PS3, but that nipnops didn't like it enough to warrent a sequel on PS3.

Bear in mind releasing on Xbonx meant extra expense and time when the jap xbox audience was 12 gaijin living over there who wanted to play madden. Jap devs at the time, and still to this day to a degree, dont give a shit about western audiences.

Too bad the game was riddled by design flaws, it had great potential. It stills fun but I always get frustrated by the gameplay. The waifushit was a plus too.

I think it just came out at a really bad time. It was PS3 exclusive when no one owned a PS3 but it wasn't a system seller.

When I bought the 360 I was looking forward to playing this. VC and DeS were the reason I ended up getting a PS3.

Oh yeah, the game undoubtedly had some stupid design decisions, whoever thought giving Scouts twice the movement of anyone else and that missions should be scored based on how fast you complete them should be shot.

I like the game but I hate how the optimum strategy for basically every battle is have 90% of your forces sit at your base as Alicia runs right past most of the enemy to single-handedly take their main base on turn three.

Well moving the series to psp was the best last ditch way to garner interest for a series. Worked wonders for monhun but have you considered that VC is probably just a shit game?

The game is pretty trash for turn based strat, I only believe weebs like it for magic girl half way in.

you could have just stopped here
It's really not that great

It sold well on PS3, multiple times more than the PC port in fact. The reason it failed as a series is because they chose the PSP for the later games to reach a wider audience and not only was the 2nd game a big departure from the standard fare but PSP players didn't want it and PS3 players didn't want to buy a PS3 for the sequel. The final nail in the coffin for the series was the 3rd one not getting a western release yet being a return to form. The lack of western sales killed all originality in the series and is the reason why we have that piece of shit azure revolution today.

If it had released on 360 the sales wouldn't have made a difference and it would've still died due to mismanagement from SEGA.

Look at Operation darkness for christ sake. OP is a faggot

Console sales are 1.27 millions, PC sales are 900 thousands. This is considering that it was released on PC so much later, and many idorts who would've otherwise bought it for PC already had it for PS3. It also had very weak initial sales on consoles and only started to sell after price cut, while PC port outdid Call of Doody and Ass Creed on the launch.

PC cucks fell hard as fuck for the second wave marketing holy shit.

still mad

Even when I was 12 I was too smart to do this.

40k, hands down.

DR2 though it didnt surpass the original was still good, but looking at what happened to the series after that is depressing.

Combination weapons was a mistake.

>it's kinda fun
I really wanted this to be good, but it seemed like the game kept going out of its way to be intolerable.

Git gud

Its not that it was a mistake, it was a fun novelty and normal weapons were still useful in DR2. What was a mistake was focusing the entire series on nothing but that and severely dumbing down the series.

>make an anime that caters to that audience, but it's still waifushit instead of being like the old stuff

Well yeah the developers didn't understand how to make combination weapons work with the game. That's why they were a mistake. They were too much of a burden on the developers and the series got much worse because of it. DR3 and 4 wouldn't have been without cancer if combination weapons were dropped, but they would at least have been playable.

Oh no, conventionally attractive female character designs, the horror.

I like the later anime as well, but it's absurd from a marketing perspective to not localize the games that were more related to the most successful part of the franchise, which was the anime. And then even when Digimon World was successful, 2 had nothing to do with it, and 3 had nothing to do with 1 or 2, and 4 had nothing to do with 1, 2, or 3 (but did have something to do with a shitty TV movie that hadn't been localized yet). Any time they would actually capture a kid's attention, they'd lose it again with the next entry by making it completely unrelated outside of a couple monster designs.

And the first three Tri movies were garbage because I didn't watch the old games or anime to see the characters going to the spa or opening their own hooters franchise in their high school. The series is about giant robot monster battles and if I don't get enough of that then it's shit. The deep as fuck lore is nice too, but it took until Tri's fourth movie to actually start dealing with that.

It still hurts

The problem wasn't that the first game was on PS3, the problem was that the next two were on PSP.

Also the shitty action RPG spinoff is another mistake, especially after the PC port of the first game did so well.

Pic related is literally you.

I don't know if its him, but its literally me. Fuck politics in Gundam. Fuck yeah, Gundam!

I'm with you on that. Damn tsunami.

I did specifically mention the deep as fuck lore. Why do you think I want the WonderSwan games so bad? You need a special kind of autism to understand that shit. The first three Tri movies didn't have much in the way of monster fights or lore. But of course that's just fine with the waifufags who act like Cyber Sleuth is anything beyond mediocre simply because they fap to it.

Plus, the old entries had better waifus anyway, because they weren't forced waifus. Good waifus must be organic.

why bother with this shit when Nu-XCOM is similar gameplay except 10x better and more strategic

oh right, waifufags

Except that it's not at all.

Not even remotely unless you consider controlling a squad of units the only mechanics in xcom

Unless you mean tactical, no not at all. The strategic map play out about the same protect the big countries to get money, the only part that's different would be the continent bonus.

I never thought, but if I had to guess it's because you had a nostalgia boner for that type of thing, and you like the idea of fighting Millenniumon.
I know the urge to blame everything on anime is strong with you goons, but I can tell you that Cybersleuth and almost every digimon game since the Wonderswan games have been very similar in the gameplay department. It's only Re;digitize and Next Order that have been polishing up Digimon World 1's gameplay for today's consoles.

The franchise I once loved is now a death curse to any company that touches it. Fuck Ubisoft.

Naw, it's because all the deep as fuck lore about the mechanics of the Digital World and the multiverse is in those games.

I'm the one saying the games should be more like the anime, and the new anime is bad for following the same path that the newer games have been following. Try to keep up and make sure your boogeyman accusations actually make sense.

Funny, because only the two you mentioned have gameplay that is similar to one before it, and that's because they finally tried to do a direct sequel to it fifteen years later once the series finally started catering to nostalgia. The rest of the Digimon World games are all completely separate genres with completely unrelated stories, and the rest of the non-WonderSwan games are a separate sub-franchise anyway, Digimon Story rather than Digimon World. Of course by the time those started they already killed the franchise and nobody cared anymore except for a few weebs.

I swear, the only thing I wanted to turn it off was their mouths.

Nah they 180ed on that after having to redo the game twice last I checked (yeah it's that hated by their test audience). It's now it's own world and has no ties to the original series which they're working on a proper installment for.

sauce

I dropped the game right at the start when they throw an invincible necromorph at you as a generic enemy. Ran into two gamebreaking bugs before that point even, what a total fucking shitshow that game was.

Deep down you know if that the prequel doesnt sell, they will cancel that, also source on that and also that they redo the game for a second time

Giving microsoft exclusivity and heavy influence in the design was a mistake that they repeated a second time for 4 killing the franchise for good, or until they reboot it continueing after the what if from Dead Rising 2 Case West.

So wanted that sequel. What happened?

hard to find mention of the second but here is an article about the first.
please use archive.is/articles/valkyria-azure-revolution-being-redesigned-based-o/1100-6440116/

Proper sequel is in development
please use archive.is/articles/ps4-valkyria-chronicles-sequel-and-remake-in-devel/1100-6432344/

In an asian outlet (I forget which) someone high in the company assured fans that Revolutions was no longer tied to the Chronicles universe and that a proper sequel was in development.

From the sounds of it they're already abandoning it to failure and are going to focus instead on development of the proper sequel. It's also a spinoff not a prequel anymore.

nichegamer.com/2016/12/27/sega-confirms-valkyria-chronicles-still-ongoing-valkyria-revolution-is-like-parallel-series/

Giving the enemy a chance to take a turn is a mistake, you can complete like 70-80% of missions on turn 1 thanks especially to alicia's skills including the one that lets her reset her movement.

I am still livid.

You didn't mention the animoo OP, you should mention that too.
>Faldio did nothing wrong.

At least it's not Spyro though.

Maximillian did nothing wrong.

He let Tits McGee die.

Regrettable sacrifice.

>He lost.
>He lost best girl.
He did enough.

Hasn't Skylanders dropped any and all pretense of being a part of the Spyro franchise at this point?

He lost because you beat the game.
She died because you killed her.

No, Spyro is the main character in the tv show and everything. And there's an episode where Crash shows up in the cliffhanger, and the next episode is about how Spyro thinks he's the coolest guy ever and Crash has to teach him to be himself instead of trying to blindly emulate his hero, Crash (who he never heard of until this episode).

This, the best ending is turning off and stop playing the game, this is 100% intentional and what the devs were going for.

Her spirit maybe, but she hello Ackbar'd herself as part as a just as planned scheme.

The problem with VC is that they used a shit ranking system based on number of turns which made everything but the Scout obsolete.

Could have been a fun Company of Anime

It could have been improved so much with just a slight tweak. Just make the rank related to kills-losses.

I was going to write a long greentext about all the things wrong with it but I think we all know already.
Good night sweet prince, you didn't deserve this fate. RA3 is an dishonorable mention though not quite as terrible since at least it had fucking base building and reasonably attractive whores.

So you don't consider driving a person to suicide as actual suicide. Interesting.

Is this a joke? Tactical RPGs have been on Sony platforms since the beginning, and they sell well. Just because your little babby's first TRPG Fire Emblem isn't on there doesn't mean that they don't do TRPGs.

Well they could have made it so that there were different ways to earn an A rank. Like wiping out the entire enemy quickly or number of headshots.

Why did you have to remind me of those?

Add Lost Planet after 2 to the list I guess.

Heheheh

That imp killed her when he invaded galia

Worst antagonist so far

(checked)

I still remember how excited I was to play Scrin again. The pain of loss never goes away.

Though not a franchise, since this is a sadness thread I feel like it deserves a mention.

It is a franchise though, Spore, Spore: Galactic Adventures, Darkspore and Spore Creation Kit. That's 4 games. It was a short-lived franchise, but it was a franchise.

Fucking gooks keep backtracking, they should just made a new VC with the republic invading the continent and the valkirya race fucking shit up later

Fucking hell, I completely forgot Darkspore was even a thing.

Isnt darkspore literally unplayable now?

I didn't even know there was going to be a sequel…

Yes.

I think so, drm gone horrible wrong

The fact that they made 2 sequels and kept the same system is a problem. Score should be based on objectives achieved vs. damage taken and the turn limit should only exist in specific missions where time is a story factor for mission success.

It was for the best.

I just remembered about this too. Looks like virtually all RTS games suffer from terrible mismanagement.

And the egomaniac Ross Scott thinks that somehow he's the only one who noticed or said anything about it.

It wasnt that bad in 2 or was it? Cant remember, I wasnt that autistic in 2 that I was in 1

Moving on from RTS games, while this is unreleased, I doubt anyone on Holla Forums has much hope for it based on what we know like abilities and classes.

I blame Sonic. That was the only franchise Sega had faith in at the time, so they incorporated Sonic's time-attack scoring system into fucking everything. PSU had a similar time-based scoring system for determining after-mission rewards.

Gotta go fast, I guess.

You really want the most poorly handled IP? Really do you? Right here.

This series easily could have been huge had Konami given a single fuck about it after The Second Runner.

Explain?

Sonic's system really isn't all about time though. The trick to getting good scores in the games where scores are most important (like Adventure 2) is to figure out the right balance between going out of your way to kill extra enemies, and taking the most direct route to finish as fast as you can.

I think that anytime I see new ZOE art on Pixiv or other art sites despite how it came out over fifteen years ago.
Fucking Hell, every single time I think about ZOE I get pissed off over how terribly it was treated. They could have had something rivaling MGS in its popularity, but instead they barely marketed the series and didn't make anything else related to it for nearly ten years, but even when they did they still fucked it up with the infamous HD Remaster.

Shut up slave and make more Metal Gear!

She was going to do the deed regardless of your intervention.

Bazinga XD

It hurts, user. I don't even have the energy to make a paper cut joke, it just fucking stings.

I wouldnt mind that

That's not how bathing suits work…

That's not how spines work.

Did you just question anime logic user?

Fuck everything.

Didn't do it in my game because I stopped playing when I realized I was on the wrong side of history.

Okay, HOW.

A reward for those trips.

I know whats happening. Bad art is happening.

In-universe, she teleported there. Kind of like D&D teleportation where you can botch and end up overlapping an object.

They cut the tire and hid the seam behind the tree from the camera's perspective.

I really don't think there's a logical explanation for this one, though.

Maybe the tire just lay there for years, it looks like an african shithole so its possible.

Every time I see this I try real hard to crack it, to have that epiphany and figure out what the fuck I'm looking at. Today's not the day.

Fair point, that is another possibility.

Unlikely. If it was a spare tire in Africa, it wouldn't be around a tree, it'd be around a nigger.

Animu girls keep getting stuck.

If you teleport into an object in D&D you take damage and the spell fails

I never paid attention to this game, what happened to it exactly?

It didn't fail then. Everything carried over to the new place in the exact logical places.

The second movie disagrees with you.

you sauce on that pic dog?

I think it's two girls.

between white wolf and ccp it's been rough

Insomniac would have fucked it up on their own anyway.

I don't know why, but that's unironically hilarious.

It's sad, really.

Why is Nintendo so out of touch these days? Why can't Shigeru Miyamoto retire and let a new generation of young nippon devs to work on Nintnedo's IPs without Shigeru Miyamoto stepping and shitting it up?

There's more things like it being shorter than the previous installment but that might be a blessing all things considered.

Literal act of god, there was a tsunami that destroyed the dev's offices and they lost all of their work pretty late into development, so the game got cancelled.

You have no idea how happy I was to see the pachinko market crash and burn. Fuck those jap kikes, I hope they all die.

It's the kikes.

Is that what he was doing with Splatoon?

Ratchet & Clank is still generally good.

How and sauce?

Nevermind, found it exhentai.org/s/c68106d9a6/834996-1

This is the guy that does Chio-chan and midair alleyway hobos raping a loli. Top tier stuff.

Because Nintendo seems to have it in their heads that they can't have two ongoing turn-based RPG series featuring Mario, so Paper Mario is apparently being reworked into action-adventure instead.

Isn't Digimon Adventure PSP being fan-translated?

what is the source on that anyway?

What do you think, user?

(Devil's trips checked)
What I can't understand is why they even let M&L exist in the first place. Couldn't they have let that become a GBA PM game?

that actully happens in Valkyria Chronicles 3. They have three types of battles

1. win by capturing a series of bases which you have to hold all at once while the enemy tries to take them back

2. Hold out for X number of turns against an enemy you can't beat (unless you are very over leveled)

3. take out all enemy forces that can and do call for backup

I really wish it had gotten release in the US on a major console, it literally fixes most all of the problems with the first one and improved the mechanics, the story was better too.

You know a large part of strategy is taking risks and planning to the best of your ability to minimize the chance of things going wrong. And nuXcom gets a lot harder if you don't apply basic tactics with or without RNG to hit. Besides even if it had actual bullet paths the way the whole game is set up there is no benefit to using bullet paths, because only marked cover and what level you're on actually matters for LOS and pretty much everything else bullet paths would just be pure bullshit.

DRAGON'S DOGMA

Yet another casualty of the EA greed machine.

Why the fuck Valve had make this game so fucking huge?

They're also shitting on the Mario sports spinoffs, Mario Kart 8 being the first and now Mario sports collection.

He turned down for a Mario-Sonic platformer crossover, tho

Silent Hill deserves a mention

At least shattered memories was kind of playable, but homecumming and downpour were not even remotely playable. At least I think the guys who fucked the games up are ruined (not konami they just don't give a fuck)

I'm still hoping for a proper DD2…

All IPs that are not on PC. This isn't even shitposting. It has a much larger market than any console ever could, and it doesn't cripple your design options like mobile devices. Not to mention your sales don't depend on it's lifetime like with a console. If people stop making and using PCs, you probably have much larger problems anyway.

Also everything owned by Capcom. All the triple A publishers and developers are dumb in their own way, especially EA. What sets Capcom apart is how actively terrible they are at utilizing the IPs available to them. You could make a very strong case for each individual IP that Capcom owns, and there are so fucking many of them.

Every IP will be grossly mismanaged if given enough time. The only thing that can save them is death.

Could someone explain to me how FEAR 3 happened again?
How literal nobody dev's got the title.

Believe it or not half of Fe3r is actually fun.
Too bad its the half you get after beating the game once.

This was never a good game, you probably hold it in such high regard because it was the first video game you've ever played.

Warner Kikes wanted to wrap up the series, but not in the way Monolith wanted, so they got another studio to finish it and got John Carpenter to rape the entire series canon and plot to match his vision of what the Fear story should be, the game was pretty much a fucking waste of time and money if you played the entire Fear series and ask yourself if they ever planned for the long term. And Monolith was in a sweatshop factory help making Batman and Lord of the Ring games.

I kinda like Deadly Shadows (with mods) even if its obvious it got held down and brutally buttfucked and beat with hoses to get on a xbox

Kane is gone? YEAH RIGHT.

Kane died on the way to his home planet

You present a slight misunderstanding that Sega corporate also failed to wrap their heads around:
It's not that the game didn't sell as may units as it could, but that it sold exactly as many units as it could. It sold the fuck out and there just weren't enough copies to make a decent profit.

She has no nose. It's 2 holes on her face

That's all right, I'd be looking at her ample bosom mostly anyway.

It hurts, but there is nothing that can be done.
Jewbisoft killed it and I have little hope that anyone will manage to make a proper sequel while they're around.
Maybe when they die or sell the IP.

why would any company do this anyway? its the same with dragon quest. You'd think they would print enough copies to break even at least.

warner bros bought the rights after the first game, I have no idea why they gave the ip to another studio after FEAR 2 though.

Maybe they just wanted to keep Paper Mario to consoles at the time, but still wanted to try something similar out with handhelds? I mean, they're close, but not quite the same.

Though, I suppose as of Sticker Star, if that was the logic at play, they tossed that out the window.

i tried

RIP VC

Don't be so quick to write it as dead. SEGA said that they do plan on making a VC4 and that Azure revolution is not it.

No idea.

F

Failed Reinhart.

Orders, did you ever heard of them?

OP you forgot making the game pantsu weebshit

it ruined the game for me

14 years later

Level-5 is busy making shitty Pokemon clones and mobile games.

Yes.
You could argue though that leaving DC dead and buried is better management than a current year mediocre installment that loses to its predecessors in every aspect.

Yeah but who knows when that will actually be finished, assuming they don't just give up entirely eventually.

This is simply not true unless you're counting toasters that can't run any games equivalent to the last two console gens. Most people do not have computers capable of running games outside of really old shit.

Fantasy is handled worse, though perhaps not with vidya.

i will believe it when i see it

i want to hug it

By adding in super moves? How does that fix anything when Imca's super cannon one shots entire maps, or paint bucket girl becomes invincible for a full turn.
Super small maps overall, and a very weak story mainly because the plotline was "Lol darksens are discriminated against and took a nuk- I mean a not nuke"

Last remnant

There was that Toriyama RPG Blue Dragon that failed completely to win the DQ audience to the Xbox. As did Lost Odyssey by Sakaguchi. MS completely underestimated how xenophobic the Japanese are. Not that they were wrong to be so, because the Xbox is cancer and continues to be the low benchmark for gaming.

Untrue. The Japanese don't care about western NON WEEB audiences. They have no problem with the west, in fact half of their sales come from gaiijn weebs now. People who broadly speaking have the same (degenerate) tastes.

Metal Gear Solid was made with western audiences in mind, and sometimes a dev makes a game or series specifically with the expectation that westerners will be the ones to play it. metroid is an example of this, and Metroid Zero is an example of them backpedaling and trying to appeal more to their native audience.

We could have had another Layton with actually Layton instead of some Original the Character who is Layton's brother's in-law's cousin's friend's baker's son
We could have an Inazuma Eleven without bloated mechanics and wrist watches
We could have Dark Cloud or literally any of the thousands of RPGs they make with thousands of side content and comfy visuals

Instead we get fucking twenty billion Yo-kai Watch. My only solace is that it sold like shit and Nintendo made asses out of themselves trying to market more that game instead of Censorblades.

Need more Digital Devil spin offs
I enjoyed SMT combat with an actual story.
Back in the day the twist was pretty bold and unexpected.
But nope. It's Persona waifushit and otaku pandering 24/7

this game was the most boring, atrocious game I've played in the past 5 years. Those massive udders on the valkyr slut were the only thing of note in the entire game

Nigga redeemed himself at the end

I cant blame him for anything, he took the honorable way out

Dead Rising 2 was nowhere near as good as DR1. DR1, imo, was the best console exclusive of the last generation alongside Demon's Souls. If everyone's 360's weren't borked, it'd be rightly remembered as a timeless classic. DR2 was casualized cancer.

Lost Planet 1 was forgettable, it was with 2 that it got into form.

In cancerous nuD&D. play the real games faggot.

like a bad paper cut.

the put the tire around the tree while the tree was small. Then the tree grew through the tire.

the tire looks too new for that to be the case. is probably correct

This one still makes me sad:

Fuck you, Lisa Shock.

So that explains why Guild Wars 2 was shit. Can't these people at least sound more professional like, "I never played the last game, but I want to do my best to make it awesome" than "I never played this game NYAH NYAH SOCIAL JUSTICE RAAAEP CULTURE?"

Yes, thank you ((localizers)) for protecting us from these problematic characters in video games.

Anyway the Monster Rancher anime was awesome and I just now found out there was a second season. I can't believe I didn't know about this. That was a pretty underrated anime.

Naw, it would take a tree just 2 years tops to grow that big. People do this shit all the time

It does make for a cozy, but janky, place to sit under the tree.

cry more

What are you, gay?
That aside, it is sad to see a franchise I once loved become nothing more than a couple of failing mobile games.

that monkey being netted looks absolutely devastated but hes less upset about being captured and more upset about there not being any proper ape escape games after 3.
heres some "original content"

Cyber Sleuth is a genuinely good game. Have you even played it? If the sequel balances status ailments the online will become great fun.

Again, what was the name of that cancelled RPG where you played as a ghost girl?

I remember watching it sometimes including the ending, is the second season after the main character returns to the real world in a rainy day?

That level with the princess being kidnapped
I got so lucky on that level on the enemies first time the bad guys shot an antitank gun at me while standing behind the armored car, and hit the car blowing it up.
For some reason it didn't kill her and I won on my first round.

at least the music she made got released on her own album. Really good stuff too. Some of the best games have the most wicked development cycles.

Wow, I was thinking about getting this game because I love turn-based games, but this time/move limit shit is a definite no from me, dog. Taking it off my wishlist now. Thanks for the info.
Why do retarded people get so much responsibility to make major design decisions in the game industry?

UNFORGIVABLE

she doesnt look anything like an adult

Because Hideaki Itsuno is a mismanaged director.

Every single Sega franchise.

Didn't that adaptation also kill Vyse?

I remember getting really bored of AoM after the family member I used to play multiplayer with died, is it worth buying again? I just didn't like the single player, but I know it gets praised pretty universally here, so I can't help think it's worth playing again.

ALL of them tbh, pretty much every game past 2nd title (3+) is utter shit.
Examples:
Watch the vid.

I FUCKING HATE normalfags who play Japanese games. They ruin everything.

Japanese devs should just make weebshit, there are plenty of people in the west who like otaku stuff. Do we want to live in a world were everything is mainstream trash?

Mario, Sonic, Crash, Spyro
It's just modern games are shit. Newer ones are more modern, but before a certain threshold it was fine.

If he was a total stranger and part of the secret police it would made sense

Nonono, that's not what he did wrong. I absolutely approve of his actions to awaken the Valkyria.

What is absolutely unforgivable is USING A UNIQUE FUCKING SNIPER RIFLE TO DO IT, THERE ARE TWO OF THOSE IN WHOLE OF GALLIA FOR FUCKS SAKE.

I thought the anime actually handled that whole thing better, at least because he's just had his whole squad killed in front of him and he's breaking.
Walking in to the tent and shooting her with is handgun breaking from the repeated "look out, an enemy sniper!" events made it seem more desperate, the actions of a man who's certain he's going to die no matter what, but given a single chance to save others.

Games starting coming out without even being completed before they started pumping out arcade games and space flight sims. When the IP went to hell and finally came back, the first decisions they made were to water down the strategy games and release a 50's shooter, before actually using the "it was all a dream" concept.

There isn't a large crossover between fans of each game, the largest being the original three games, UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, and Apocalypse. Even then, a lot of UFO Defense fans still don't care about the other two.

They didn't know how to handle the series back then and they still don't today.

I remember the week they first showed combat and the way classes worked and announced there were no discrete classes. My friends and I that played Guild Wars decided we weren't getting that game right then and there. I'd never been so disappointed in a game before.

That anime was shit, bro.

With the shitty looking monsters, no one was going to buy this game if they kept her as a kid. That's the one right thing Lisa suggested to Tecmo.